Title: Mind Games (sequel to "Meeting of the Minds")

Authors: Creed Cascade and T.J.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com or TazzyJan@aol.com

Fandom: Smallville

Series: sequel to "Meeting of the Minds"

Rating: NC-17.

Pairing: Clark/Lex.

Summary: Love with either your family or beloved is never perfect.

Other websites: http://www.angelfire.com/weird/openairinsaneasylum/index1.htm

Disclaimers: We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where we get these strange plots staring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won't tell you that we make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: This work is a collaboration between Creed and T.J. who seem to equally share twisted, demented minds.

Please note, that // indicates thoughts. // You will love this story. // Oops, did I think that? By the way, this is set a year or so after the pilot and was written before seeing any of season two.


Mind Games

by Creed Cascade and T.J.

 

Lex couldn't believe that he'd acquired the habit of going to bed before midnight regularly. It was necessary, however, if he wanted to get up at the most God-awful hours of the morning to get his paperwork done. It was the only way he'd be free to meet with Clark after school. So that explained why he was waiting outside the local high school in his Porsche in a line of mini vans.

Clark smiled as he exited the school. He waved to Chloe and Pete as he hopped into the car, then they were off, headed toward the castle for a little "private" time before Clark was forced to return home for dinner. It didn't seem fair sometimes. Clark missed his lover horribly while they were apart and now he was even starting to miss his mom. He just wished his dad and Lex could get along. Maybe then he wouldn't have to divide his time so much.

"Maybe you should buy a minivan for camouflage," Clark laughed as Lex glared at the dodge caravan that cut him off.

"If I do, you have to drive it," Lex told him. "How was school today?"

"Chloe went on a tirade about Shakespeare not being included in the curriculum as a conspiracy between the government and the TV networks to brainwash the minds of America's youth against classical literature and increase television ratings. Pete got used as a punching bag in football practise. Lana yelled at Whitney for looking at the cheerleaders in their new outfits... so it was a pretty normal day," Clark rushed out, excited to tell his lover everything. "How was your day? I couldn't stop thinking about you all day. Even when Pete accidentally blew up a beaker in science class. I knew you never would have made the same mistake at our age."

"Clark, you don't want to know the things I blew up at your age," Lex laughed. "I missed you, too. All I did today was work on reports. It was very, very boring."

"I caught myself drawing little hearts during English class," Clark admitted with a blush. "Next thing you know I'll be writing Clark loves Lex on my binder like some girl."

Lex mock-shuddered and glared at his lover. "Don't you dare," he replied. "If I wanted a teenage girl for a lover I'd be going out with Lana." Before Lex could stop his traitorous thoughts, the image of himself and Lana Lang sprang to mind. This time, the shudder was genuine.

"Lex..." Clark growled in warning. "If you do that again, I'll think of myself in comprising positions with Whitney just to get back at you."

"Don't you dare," Lex said again. "And trust me, I have no desire to think those particular thoughts ever again. The only one I want is you."

They pulled up in front of the castle and parked the car. Leaning across the seat, Lex pulled Clark close and kissed his lover for the first time that day. When they pulled away, Clark had a goofy look on his face. "I feel so much better when I get my Lex fix for the day."

"Me too. It's... hard... only getting to see you for a few hours a day," Lex said. "At least we have the weekends. I don't know what I'd do without them." They left the car parked where it was and walked inside. In a few hours, Lex knew he would have to use it to drive Clark home again. The knowledge tore at him but he consoled himself with the fact that tomorrow was Friday and the start of their time together.

"Sometimes I wish I could quit school," Clark sighed, eyeing Lex's ass. His lover had worn Clark's favourite pair of jeans and they hugged his ass perfectly. Something about Lex in jeans was obscene.

"Sometimes I wish you could, too," Lex admitted. "But that's not an option. Not if we want to stay together. Your father would take you away from me for sure then and that's not something I'm willing to let happen."

"You could home school me and I could move in here," Clark said wistfully. "We could stay in bed until noon everyday if we wanted to."

"And you could put fresh flowers on my grave after your father shoots me," Lex said. He hated being so blunt with Clark, but these ideas needed to be nixed now, before they could grow. It had only been a few months since all this had started and Lex still possessed what he considered to be a healthy fear of Clark's father.

Clark shuddered and his eyes grew wider. "Don't talk about that... not even joking," Clark whispered.

"I'm sorry," Lex said. "I didn't mean to upset you but we have to be practical. No matter how much we don't want to be. I want you with me every second of the day, but we can't have that. Not now. Not for a long time, probably."

"Lex... I don't think I have a head for business," Clark warned. "One look at your financial reports and I want to fall asleep."

"They do the same thing to me," Lex said. "But you don't have to go into business, Clark. I thought you wanted to study journalism."

"I do... but if you want me around, then I should make myself useful when I get older."

"You don't worry about that," Lex chided. "I can handle the business end of things. And a degree in journalism could be very beneficial to the company. You'll be helping simply by handling some of the media aspects of things. But even if you don't want to do that, it won't matter. I could always walk away from this and travel with you."

"Maybe we could see the ocean?" Clark brightened at the change of subject.

"We can see anything you want to. How about for your graduation present I plan us a little trip? Just the two of us. We can take a few weeks and see whatever you want to see. How does that sound?"

"I want to see the ocean for sure and... Disneyworld," Clark nodded eagerly like a little kid.

Lex closed his eyes and shook his head. Leave it to Clark to want to go to Disneyworld. Not some quiet little beach in Hawaii, though he did say he wanted to see the ocean, but Disneyworld. And there was no way in hell that Lex could tell him no. "When the time comes, I'll make the arrangements."

"You'll look so cute in the ears," Clark snorted. "They'll make great blackmail pictures."

"Clark, I love you, but you are not taking pictures of me in Mickey Mouse ears," Lex said. "Now let's get your homework done so we can spend a little time together before I have to take you home."

"I did my homework during lunch and my spare period," Clark smiled at Lex. "I had other things in mind for now."

"Oh really? And just what did you have in mind?" Lex smiled at his lover, pleased that Clark had finished up his work and they could indulge themselves. Maybe tonight the damn bond would let him sleep.

"I was thinking we could try out that pool table of yours," Clark grinned evilly.

Lex matched Clark's grin and led the way to the billiard room. It had been ages since he'd played with anyone and he found himself looking forward to playing a few games with Clark. It was just one more thing... one more normal thing... they could share together.

// I didn't have that kind of game in mind. // Clark thought as he came up behind Lex and lifted him easily until he was sitting on the edge of the pool table. He loved to manhandle his lover and always wondered how much Lex would let him get away with.

// Ahhh. My mistake. And my gain. // Lex let himself be positioned on the table. He knew Clark liked showing off his strength and to tell the truth, Lex got off on it a bit, too. He liked the feel of those strong arms holding him in an unbreakable embrace.

Clark unsnapped the button to Lex's jeans, drawing the zipper down slowly. // You're turning me into a pervert. I want to make love to you in every room of this place. //

// Oh good. I have that very same fantasy. Did I mention I'm going to have some workmen come out and start adding rooms on? After all, we don't want to run out of new places to make love. //

// You should just get them to reinforce your bed. // Clark thought, as he worked his hand into Lex's pants, pushing the material down until they slid off Lex's legs onto the floor.

Lex gasped when Clark took hold of his hardening penis. He thrust up into that hand eagerly as Clark touched him just the way he liked. It had been two days since Clark had last taken him and Lex's body was hungry for his lover's touch.

Clark started to slowly pump Lex's cock, absorbed in the smells and sounds Lex was radiating. When he could tell Lex was close, he mentally chastised himself. // Damn it! //

// What's wrong? // Lex asked, concern quickly overriding his libido.

// No lube. // Clark answered crestfallen, looking like he'd had his favourite toy taken away.

// Use spit. I won't break. //

// But you'll be sore... and I wanted to take you again before I left. //

// So I'll be sore. It won't be the first time. And you can take me as many times as you want. // Lex thrust into Clark's hand again to get his point across and was pleased when his lover moaned in response.

// You don't play fair. // Whenever Lex got like this there was little Clark could do to resist him. Clark could feel Lex urging him gently through the bond to just do it.

// And I don't ever plan to. Do it, love. I want to feel you inside me. // Lex lay back on the pool table and spread his legs. He knew Clark couldn't resist him like this and played on that shamelessly. He wanted... no, needed... to feel his lover inside him. He'd deal with the consequences later. Hopefully much later.

// Don't forget I'll feel it, too. // Clark growled mentally as he spit into his hand and began to rub Lex's hole with his finger. // But damn it's worth it to see you like this. //

Lex pushed down hard against Clark's hand causing the finger teasing his hole to slip inside him. Both men hissed as Lex's body was breached for the first time then Clark was sliding that finger in deep, thrusting it inside his lover hard and fast.

// I love this part. // Clark noted mentally as he withdrew his finger and spat on his hand again, now inserting two fingers. // Making you hot and ready for me. You've taught me well. //

"Oh God..." Lex moaned as two fingers shoved roughly inside him. The spit they were using barely made it slick enough to penetrate him without injury. It also made things feel so much hotter as the friction built. He never thought he'd like this. In his few relationships in the past, he had always been the top. But now, he couldn't get enough of Clark's cock up his ass.

Propelled by Lex's wanton behaviour, Clark quickly slipped three fingers in slicked with more spit. He couldn't wait to get into Lex. He didn't care if they were found or that he had to go back to the farm in a few hours, he only care about getting closer to Lex. The bond was humming between them now, surging and weaving to new heights.

// Do it, Clark. Now. Fuck, baby, don't make me beg. // Lex was pushing down against him, trying to get him even farther inside. He could feel his body stretching painfully around his lover's fingers but he didn't care. He wanted Clark in him now. The pain would be worth it if they could just be joined.

Clark pulled his fingers out and hastily undid his pants, pushing the constricting material down just enough to free his cock. He spit on his hand yet again, wiping it onto his cock and positioned himself quickly. Concentrating on the bond he pushed into Lex, sending all of his emotions of love and trust to his lover.

Lex couldn't help but cry out when Clark breached his body. His lover's cock was larger than even three of his fingers and pain knifed through him at the penetration. He gripped the edge of the pool table hard and held on as Clark slowly impaled him.

Clark wanted to stop when he sensed Lex's pain, but he also sensed that Lex wanted this. He had no free will to deny Lex anything in bed. So he began to slowly rock his hips, hoping the slow fuck would lessen the pain.

// Just do it, baby. Don't worry about me. I can take it. // Lex tried to soothe him. He could feel Clark's unease and he wanted to erase it. He could feel Clark so much more strongly this time, sliding in and out of him in a gentle rhythm. Lex simply went with it, knowing soon enough that Clark's own lust would push him to take his lover harder and faster.

Lex began to squirm and Clark's hands tightened on his hips, just enough to hold him in place. // You do this to me every time. // Clark growled mentally and began to thrust more deeply.

// Yes. Fuck! Take me. // Lex reached down and stroked his cock. Clark was really pounding inside him now, thrusting hard and deep, just the way Lex liked it. He knew his lover couldn't hold out for much longer and quickened the motion of his hand. He wanted to cum with Clark inside him, letting his lover feel it as he squirmed on his cock.

Lex did everything in his power to push himself over the edge, finally squeezing the head of his cock just right. He shuddered and spilt cum in his hand, squeezing his internal muscles around Clark's cock.

Clark felt his lover start to spasm around him and lost what small amount of control he had left. He slammed into Lex as hard as he dared and came with a roar. He could feel his cock pumping jet after jet of his cum into Lex's body and it only served to spur Clark on. Finally, it was over and Clark was left breathing hard and staring down at his sated lover.

"Baby?" Clark managed to croak with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I don't recall hearing you complain at the time," Lex rasped back, his own throat seemingly as raw as Clark's.

"I would never complain about anything you give me... Lexy."

"Don't even go there, Clark," Lex warned in mock anger. "Don't forget, I know where you sleep. I can do all sorts of dastardly things to you."

"And I'm sure I'll enjoy every one of them," Clark answered back, he moved a little in Lex experimentally and willed his cock to stay soft. Lex didn't need him acting like a horny dog now after they'd shared something so special.

"It's alright, love," Lex said softly. "If you want me again, you can take me. I'd never tell you no."

"I know... but I can tell anymore and I'll hurt you," Clark insisted and pulled out before just talking about it triggered his rampant libido. "Lex?"

Lex hissed softly when Clark pulled out then smiled up at his lover. In a few hours he knew he'd really be feeling it, but for now it was just a dull ache where Clark had been. "What is it?" he asked.

"Am I doing something wrong?" Clark asked carefully.

"What do you mean?" Lex asked, holding out his hand for Clark to help him sit up.

Clark helped pull Lex up, lacing his fingers with Lex's for the physical comfort. "I... I love what we do... but... is there something wrong with me? I mean, is there a reason you don't want to take me?" Clark stammered.

"Clark..." Lex began then hesitated. "Let me get dressed and we'll sit down and talk. Okay?"

Clark nodded his agreement and helped Lex from the table. He tried not to look at his lover as they donned their clothes. He wished now he hadn't even brought it up. The last thing he wanted to hear was that Lex didn't really want him that way.

"It's alright, love," Lex told him, Clark's worry coming through loud and clear across their bond. "Come on, let's go talk in the study."

"Or we could just go into the kitchen and have a snack," Clark tried to redirect the conversation. His mother always fixed things with food and maybe, just maybe, Lex would forget he'd ever brought the subject up.

"No," Lex said. He took Clark by the hand and led him into the study and over to the couch. He pushed Clark down then sat down carefully himself. Still holding Clark's hands, Lex tried to explain, his own fear increasing. "I do want you, Clark. Very much. But I don't see any need to rush into this. It's your virginity, love. You only get to lose it once."

"But it's not fair to you," Clark protested.

"This isn't about fair. This is about two people that love each other. We're not keeping score here. I'll admit, in the past, I've usually been the top. I never really cared much for bottoming. But it's different with you. I want to give you everything I am, every single part of me. I've never wanted that before. Don't think you're denying me something if I don't take you. You're not. One day, it'll happen. In the meantime, I'm happy with how things are." Lex smiled at Clark, trying to reassure his lover while at the same time push back the niggling fear that was blossoming in the pit of his belly.

"If you're so happy... then why are you afraid?" Clark asked up front. "Are you afraid you won't like it with me?"

"No, that's not it at all," Lex told him. "I know I'll love it with you. Just like I love what we do now."

"Right, Lex. I like what we're doing now, too. I'm sorry for pushing you," Clark said. Lex obviously knew best on such matters and he didn't want to push his lover away.

"Clark, don't do that. Don't pull away from me," Lex said, aggravated but more with himself than anything else. "You have a valid concern and you voiced it. That's what lovers do. They talk to each other. If we don't talk then all we're doing is fucking."

"Lex, I really am sorry," Clark said. "I'm trying... really, I am."

"I know you are. I'm not upset with you, Clark. I'm upset with me." Lex shook his head, upset and embarrassed at the real reason behind his hesitance to take his lover's virginity. "I'm... I'm scared, Clark. That's the truth. Okay? I'm scared."

"Lex... there's nothing to be scared of," Clark sighed, relieved to find out the truth finally. "If I can control myself making love to you, I can control myself when I'm on the bottom, too. I swear. And if it's anything to do with me being an alien, I've got the same body parts as you."

"Oh baby, it's got nothing to do with you," Lex said. He knew he had to tell Clark the truth. He couldn't stand the thought of his lover thinking it was his fault. "It's me, Clark. I... Your dad... he barely tolerates us... me... as it is. What will he do to me when he finds out I took the last of your innocence?"

"Who says he'd find out?" Clark blurted out. "And even if he did, it's none of his business."

"He'd know," Lex said, absolutely certain that Jonathan Kent would take one look at his son and know he wasn't a virgin any longer. He'd know that Lex had fucked him. Lex didn't think the fact that it wasn't any of his business would even occur to the man. "But I'm not so cowed by him that I'll let him live our lives for us. If you want that from me, all you have to do is ask and I'll give it to you."

"No..." Clark shook his head. "No... I'm not gonna ask that of you. I love what we do."

"Clark..." Lex whispered, pulling his lover into his arms. "I really am man enough to stand up to your father for you. What's the worst he can do? Put me in the hospital? He won't kill me. He's too afraid of hurting you."

"I wish things weren't so complicated," Clark mumbled against Lex's shoulder. He felt torn between his parents, who'd been the only solid force in his life for so long, and his lover.

"It's part of growing up. It won't always be this way. I'm trying my best not to be at odds with your father. I know how that is for you, to have the two of us fighting. I'm not sure what else I can do. I'd get down on my knees and beg if you thought it'd do any good."

"Lex... no," Clark gasped. "I'll never have you give up your pride for me and he doesn't deserve it. After what he did to you, he's lucky I'm still talking to him at all."

"Don't do that. Don't give up your relationship with your father for me, Clark. And my pride isn't worth shit to me if I'm hurting you. Do you think it would do any good? If you do, I'll do it. I'd do anything for you, love."

"I know," Clark sighed and kissed Lex gently on the lips. "But honestly, I don't know if I want a relationship with my father anymore."

"Yes, you do," Lex said emphatically. "But tell me why you think you don't? What makes you think you don't want a dad anymore?"

"Not a dad... just my dad," Clark grumbled.

"Why?" Lex pushed. "Because he loves you enough to risk going to prison for you? Because he loves you enough to go against his own principles and resort to physical violence against another human being because he thought that man had accosted his son? Is that why you don't want him anymore?"

"Because he hurt you."

"Oh Clark..." Lex sighed. "Don't do that. Please. Don't throw what you have with your father away because of me. I know you're mad that he hurt me. And so am I. Hell, I'm scared to death of taking your virginity because of your father. But don't let that change things between you."

"It's already changed and can't ever go back to the way it was," Clark admitted. "I won't ever admit this to my mother, but what I feel for you is stronger than what I feel for them. It's different. You're part of me."

"I feel it, too," Lex admitted. "I'd die for you. To protect you, to be with you, to see you happy. There's never been anyone in my life like that before. It's a little bit scary, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world."

"Maybe I'm just being irrational," Clark said. "But you're so important to me."

"You're not being irrational. Didn't I just tell you I feel it, too? You're the most important person in my life. If you wanted me to I'd give all of this up and go live on a farm with you. Whatever you want, whatever will make you happy, is what we do. Nothing else matters in my life. Not like you do."

"Well, we can both be irrational and crazy together," Clark smiled at his lover.

"Oh good," Lex laughed. "I hate being irrational and crazy all by myself. Now, as much as I'd love to take you right here and now, I really don't want your first time to be rushed. And I certainly don't want you having to hurry home afterwards. Think you can wait just a little while longer?"

"Yeah... until it feels right," Clark agreed. "As long as I get to touch you I'm happy."

"You can touch me all you want. And I promise, it'll be soon. I don't think I can wait much longer myself, your father be damned."

"Good to know I tempt you," Clark smirked.

"You could tempt a saint. A dead saint at that." Lex glanced at the clock and frowned. Only an hour or so left before Clark had to be home. He hated it but there was nothing to be done for it now. Deciding he didn't want to waste what time they had left talking, Lex pulled his lover close and kissed him, letting his tongue slip into Clark's waiting mouth. // You still want to take me again? We have time. //

// You'll be too sore. // Clark responded eagerly. // But there's other stuff we could do. //

// I won't be too sore. Besides, I'll have all day tomorrow to get over it if I am. I'm yours if you want me. Or we could do one of those other things you mentioned. Whatever you want. //

// But I love your mouth. // Clark actually pouted.

// Then that's what you'll have. // Breaking the kiss, Lex pushed Clark back on the sofa and began to kiss his way downward. He deftly unbuttoned Clark's shirt, pushing the material out of the way so he could taste his lover's skin as he went. He slid off the sofa onto his knees between Clark's legs as he licked and sucked his lover's chest and belly. By the time he'd reached the waistband of Clark's jeans, his lover was breathing hard and fisting his hands.

// I don't think it's my DNA that makes me react like this...it's you. So damn sexy. //

// And all for you. // Lex quickly undid Clark's jeans for the second time that day and bared his hardening cock. Opening his mouth, he sucked the head inside, running his tongue around it. He felt Clark buck underneath him and smiled. He loved it when he could make his lover react like that.

"Please, Lex..." Clark begged out loud. He wanted to be able to exhaust his need with his lover now in the time they had and not get hard in the middle of the night.

// Fuck my mouth, Clark. Take what you need. //

Clark groaned loudly and his hands moved to cup Lex's head. He began to piston his hips quickly, knowing it wouldn't take long this time.

Lex opened his mouth wide and let his lover do as he would. He loved it when Clark got like this. He loved the feel of his lover taking his mouth, leaving Lex little choice in what to do or how to do it. This was all about what Clark wanted. And it made Lex hot as hell to do it.

"Fuck..." Clark growled, being pushed over the edge by Lex's wanton thoughts.

// Fuck! Yes... cum down my throat... // Lex growled over the bond, tightening his lips as he felt Clark's cock swell in his mouth.

Clark threw back his head and literally howled, spurting deep in his lover's throat. When he was finished, he lay back sprawled on the couch, his energy completely depleted.

Lex suckled on the softening cock in his mouth, glad that Clark wasn't overly sensitive after orgasm. Finally, he pulled his mouth away and sat back on his heels just looking at his lover. "Think that might keep you satisfied for the night?" he asked, his voice a bit raspy.

"Huh?" Clark managed to croak, looking at Lex with heavily lidded eyes.

"Nothing," Lex smiled. He moved back up onto the couch and snuggled down next to Clark, his head resting on his lover's chest. He could hear Clark's heart beating steadily, if a bit fast, and it comforted him as it always did.

// I wonder if I'll calm down with age? // Clark mused, knowing it was easier to talk over the bond than to try to actually speak. // I think I might have frightened your servants. //

// They're used to it by now. Besides, they know to stay away from here when the doors are closed. That's why I always close them. It lets them know not to come too close. And I don't think you'll ever calm down. At least, I hope you don't. I love you just the way you are. //

// Uh huh. I know they call me your boy toy now... what in the hell are they gonna call me when I'm old and decrepit. Like in my 30's and yelling like this? //

// They'll call you Sir and ask if there's anything else they can do for you. Wealth really does have its privileges, you know, regardless of what some people think. //

// Lex, I barely make enough allowance now to buy coffee at the Beanery, let alone enough to call me Sir. And that's your money. // Clark kindly reminded his lover.

"It's our money," Lex corrected. "I know your father thinks all things Luthor are evil. I can even understand that. But a good portion of my money came from my mother's estate. I already told you, if you want me to walk away from it all, I will. I'll donate mother's money to charity. She would have liked that, I think."

"I don't think that's a good idea," Clark said in a low tone. "Well, at least not all of it."

"Just tell me what you want me to do. I can walk away from all of this today, right now, if that's what you want. I'm not sure what I'll do, but I am a biochemist. I'm sure I could find work somewhere. Or even convince a few investors to let me do research for them. Bruce Wayne is a friend. He'd hire me in a heartbeat to run some of his more... sensitive... projects. You think about it, Clark. Whatever you want, we'll do."

"I don't like to admit it, but I know money means power," Clark said reluctantly. "And I like the idea of us being protected and being able to do stuff for the people we love."

"You don't have to decide anything right now. Talk it over with your dad, if you want."

"No..." Clark said firmly. "I don't like the idea of us being vulnerable to anyone. Either your dad or mine."

"Alright. There is a third option. My mother did leave me quite well off. We could walk away from Luthor Corp today and still be well off enough not to have to worry about anything."

"It's your legacy, Lex. Like the farm's supposed to be mine. I can't ask you to do that."

"You can ask me to do anything you want. You could ask me to jump off the roof of this castle and if you seriously wanted it, I... I might just do it. I don't care about my legacy. It doesn't matter any more. It hasn't for a while now."

"This is pretty big stuff to decide," Clark said, his head was spinning. Usually his biggest decision of the day was to decide if his shirt was clean enough to wear or what and how much he should eat. "Maybe we can talk about this later?"

"Like I said, nothing has to be decided now. It can be next week or next year or never. I just wanted you to know the options we have available to us." Lex glanced at the clock again and sighed. If they were going to be on time getting Clark home they needed to get going. Lex didn't want to think about what Jonathan might do if Clark was late getting back. It was hard enough seeing him on the restricted schedule they had now.

"Maybe I could take my supper into the barn and we could spend some more time together?" Clark suggested, sensing his lover's thoughts. He wanted to ask Lex to stay to supper, but he wouldn't subject sitting through a tense meal with his father on Lex.

"No. Your parents want to spend time with you. That's what this is all about. Your mother misses you." Lex hated passing up the opportunity to spend more time around Clark. He'd gladly put up with dinner with Jonathan but that would be counterproductive. If Lex was there, Clark would be paying attention to him. This time was supposed to be for his family. Lex, as it stood now, had no place in that.

"I... I miss her, too," Clark admitted. "I see her in the morning at breakfast if she's not out doing chores. And then by the time we're done with supper, they have to go to bed and I have to finish up my own chores. I guess I've always been a Mama's boy."

"There's nothing wrong with missing your mother," Lex said. "I still miss mine. I'll never stop missing her. Clark... maybe... maybe you should stay home this weekend. At least Friday and Saturday, anyway. That way, you could spend some time with your folks. I could still see you on Sunday, if you want."

"Maybe just Friday night and Saturday morning," Clark said hesitantly. He wasn't willing to give up his entire weekend with Lex no matter how much he missed his mother. "I could make her breakfast to make up for being mean to her before."

"I'm sure she's forgiven you for that, but you could make breakfast for her anyway," Lex said, pushing back his own pain at the thought of not getting to see Clark this weekend. "How about if I come pick you up Saturday night? You could spend the day with your folks and still see me that night."

"Well... I could help out with some farm work," Clark hedged. "I've been getting behind a bit."

"That settles it then," Lex said. "You're staying home this weekend. I'll see you Saturday night. If you still have chores to do, I can take you home early on Sunday."

"Or you could just help me do them," Clark said with an evil grin on his face. The image of Lex bailing hay or fixing a fence was enough to put a smile on his face.

"I suppose I really do need to learn that stuff," Lex said, frowning slightly. Inside, though, he was beaming. He knew Clark wanting him to help with chores really shouldn't make him this happy, but it was one more part of his lover's life that he was sharing with him.

"I still remember how cute you looked that first night covered in mud," Clark smirked.

"Ha ha." Reluctantly, Lex sat up. He refastened Clark's pants while Clark buttoned his shirt. They had to leave now if they were going to get there. "Come on. We have to go if we're going to get you home on time."

"Can I drive?" Clark said, wondering exactly how much he could talk his lover into.

"I'll let you drive this weekend. I'll even let you drive the Ferrari. We have to hurry now, though, and I don't want to take a chance on you having an accident."

"Lex... compared to you I drive like an old lady," Clark laughed, getting up from the couch.

"I know. Which is why if you drive we will definitely be late. Now come on. I don't really feel up to sitting through a lecture on responsibility. Again."

"On being an old married man... I know... I know," Clark snorted, shifting forward and stuffing his hand into Lex's pockets, looking for the keys. "So that makes me your ol' ball and chain."

"All things considered, I think you would qualify as the husband, making me the wife."

Clark stopped, looked Lex over head to toe and dead panned, "I've never seen a bald woman before."

"Apparently you've never watched Star Trek," Lex told him as he ushered him toward the door. "The first movie had a bald chick in it. She was this mega sexual being and all the guys were drooling over her."

"So basically like you... except for the dick."

"Well, I don't know about the dick. They never showed her naked. And thank you for the compliment, though I think you're the only man that's drooling over me."

"I wouldn't bet on that..." Clark grumbled, remembering more than one man who'd ogled Lex. "But I'm the only once who gets to touch."

"Too true," Lex quipped. All too soon they were headed toward the Kent place. Lex kept up the conversation, knowing that Clark could feel how badly he didn't want to take him home and knowing there was nothing either of them could do about it. They pulled into the drive and Lex shut the car off for a moment. "Tomorrow's Friday so I guess I won't see you."

"I... I guess not," Clark said lamely. "I could still change my plans. I haven't told them yet."

"It'll be okay," Lex said. "You can talk to me in your head anytime you want. And I'll be at the castle, close by if you need me. Spend time with your mother, Clark. She's the only one you'll get and she loves you very much."

"She likes you, Lex," Clark rushed out. "She wanted to know if you were eating right. She's not sure the casserole she usually sends with me for the weekend is enough."

"I'm glad she does," Lex said. "I don't know if we'd be able to make it if both your parents hated me. Tell her I'm eating fine and that the casserole is wonderful. Your dad's on the porch, Clark. You have to go."

"Why does this feel like I'm leaving you forever?" Clark asked in a shaky voice.

"You're not, baby," Lex told him. He leaned across and kissed him lightly. He could see tears pooling in Clark's eyes and knew his own feelings of sadness weren't helping. "Come on. I'll walk you to the door."

"Thank you," Clark said and grabbed Lex's hand for support, using the other to hold his backpack over his shoulder.

They walked up to the house holding hands. Lex felt his stomach knot as they approached Clark's father, but Clark just squeezed his hand a little harder and held on. Lex forced himself not to let Jonathan make him back down and walked all the way onto the porch with his lover. "Mr. Kent," he said in acknowledgment, trying to at least be civil to the man.

"Luthor," Jonathon nodded back curtly. "Clark, you're mom's waiting for you in the kitchen."

"Go," Lex said, shooing Clark toward the door. "Spend time with your mom. I'll see you Saturday night."

"Saturday?" Jonathon raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Clark said he wasn't getting to spend much time with his mother," Lex shrugged, hoping the other man would just drop it. He let go of Clark's hand and turned to head back to the car. The faster he put some distance between himself and Clark's farther the better.

"Thank you," Jonathon said to Lex, with no hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"You only get one mother, Mr. Kent," Lex said over his shoulder. "And regretfully, they're not nearly as immortal as their children wish they were."

Jonathon didn't answer, but the comment gave him another look at the boy's scarred soul. He watched as his son stood on the porch and stared as Lex's car drove away. His son had tears in his eyes and he could tell they were talking to each other in their heads.

"Clark," Martha called as she walked out onto the porch. "Is everything okay, sweetie?"

"He's gone," was all Clark said.

"You'll see him tomorrow," Martha consoled her son, wrapping her arms around him like she used to when he was little. Her son was growing up and she wasn't sure if she was ready for it or not.

"Um, not really. I'm not seeing Lex until Saturday night," Clark mumbled. "I'll miss him, but I missed you, too."

"I miss you, too," she admitted. "This has been hard to get used to for all of us. I guess I'm used to having my little boy around. But my little boy's growing up. Why aren't you seeing Lex until Saturday, though?"

"I thought I'd spend some time with you," Clark said. "Get caught up on chores."

"Oh sweetie," Martha said. "Is that why you're crying? Did Lex think you didn't want to spend time with him?"

"I don't know why I'm crying..." Clark said, sniffling. "It's just hard to let him go, but he said he understood."

"If it's going to cause problems with you and Lex..." Martha began but Clark cut her off.

"No, Mom. It was kind of Lex's idea. I said I missed you and he said I should stay home Friday and Saturday so we could, you know, spend some time together that wasn't just dinner and chores and homework. He said he'd pick me up Saturday night. It's just... it hurts him to be away from me. He just doesn't like to say it."

"He's not a strong as you," Martha reminded him.

"Mom, he's the strong one," Clark said. "He's gone through so much and he's still a good man... the best man. Even after, even after dad... hurt him... he still loved me, still wanted me. He walked me to the door knowing dad was standing here glaring at us. Do you know what he told me tonight? He told me he'd get down on his knees and beg dad if that's what it took. You don't get much stronger than that, Mom."

"I know he's strong mentally and emotionally, dear," Martha said, patting Clark's arm. "But he's not as physically as strong as you are. No one is."

"No, no one's like me," Clark agreed somewhat sadly. "I'm a freak. And before you tell me not to say that can we just talk about something else please?"

"Well... I made your favourite for supper," Martha tried to change the subject quickly.

"Thanks, Mom. I really do love you," Clark said, turning around and hugging her. "I'm glad I'm spending some extra time with you this weekend. I miss my mom."

"I missed you, too," Martha beamed at him. "Now go eat before you waste away."

Clark kissed his mother on the cheek and entered the house, leaving his parents standing on the porch. He could tell they wanted a moment together so he went into the bathroom to wash his hands. It was obvious that he and Lex weren't the only ones still adjusting to all the changes.

"He encouraged Clark to come home to us when he didn't have to," Martha said simply.

"I know," Jonathan said, running a hand through his hair. "I think it was more a matter of coming home to you than me, though. Not that I mind either way. I miss my son. Martha... I don't know what to do to fix this. I don't want to lose my boy."

"You're going have to reach him through Lex."

"How do I do that?" Jonathan asked. "Tonight was the first time Luthor's let me within striking distance since that night. I didn't mean to do this. I didn't mean to make that young man scared to death of me and I sure as hell didn't mean to make my own son hate me."

"Only time will heal this mess, dear," Martha answered. "You have to be patient and be a father... to both of them."

"I don't know if I can do that. I don't know if I can trust Lex Luthor with my son."

"He trusts you with his boyfriend," Martha countered.

"Can you accept it?" Jonathan asked. "Can you accept Lex Luthor as Clark's mate?"

"What choice do we have? He's our only son. And Lex can't be all that bad if our son chose him."

"Um... you guys coming in?" Clark asked from the doorway. He had heard what his mother said and it made him glad. He wanted her approval so badly. It hurt to think that she was disappointed in him.

"Of course. Hungry, sweetie?" Martha answered.

"Always," Clark grinned. He held open the door for his parents but put a hand on his dad's arm when he went to move past. "I'd like to talk to you later."

Jonathon froze and stared at his son's hold on him. Clark hadn't willingly touched him since the incident with Lex. "Ahhh... sure."

Clark let him go with a nod and followed his parents to the table. They made small talk all throughout dinner. Clark tried not to talk about Lex too much, but it was hard. It didn't help that he could still feel some of Lex's residual sadness over the bond, even with them both dampening it.

"You know..." Martha hedged as they were cleaning up the supper dishes. "I was thinking Lex could start coming over for supper on Sunday nights when he drops you off."

"I'd like that," Clark admitted, then his face turned sad. "I'm not sure if he'll accept, though." A glance in Jonathan's direction made the reason why quite obvious.

"Your father has deliveries to make in town on Sunday nights for the next little while," Martha said. She was willing to ease Lex into the family slowly. It would just be her and her two boys for now. Lex belonged to Clark, and by default was now her responsibility too.

"I'll ask him, but don't get your hopes up. He... he's kind of ashamed that dad scares him," Clark whispered the last, knowing that Lex wouldn't mind him talking to his parents but feeling like he was betraying his lover all the same.

"I know I scare him..." Jonathon admitted. "But you can tell him I won't be around on Sunday nights until he says I'm welcome to share a meal with him."

"If I tell him that he'll never come over," Clark sighed. "He won't make you feel like you have to stay away from your own house. Lex isn't like that. It would be too... rude... for him. Disrespectful."

"This is your home, too," Jonathon reminded Clark. "I only want to make him comfortable... make amends."

"Why don't we go talk about this outside?" Clark suggested. He wanted some privacy for this. Some of the things he needed to say to his father were going to hurt him and he didn't want his mother there to witness it.

"We'll be on the porch, Martha," Jonathon called out. He wondered how many times he was going to have to "talk" to his son. How many times he'd have to hear about his mistakes and how his efforts to correct them or make amends weren't good enough. In the end, he'd submit to the torture of his son's disappointment and disgust as many times as he had to. He loved Clark and this was what Clark wanted.

They walked to the far end of the porch wanting as much distance between them and the front door as possible. Now that they were outside Clark wasn't sure how to begin. He figured he might as well start at the beginning. "You know, Lex and I spent most of our time today talking about you," Clark told his father.

"That's your right," Jonathon countered, his grip tightening on the rail.

"Do you know what he told me?" Clark asked then continued before his father could reply. "He said not to throw away what we have because of him. He said he'd beg you if he had to, if I thought it would help things any."

Jonathon hissed inwardly. That information just made him feel like more of a bastard. "Son, what he said... it took a big man to say that. But you have to do what makes you happy in the end. Don't do what anyone tells you just because you love them... you should have learned that from my mistakes."

"Lex wants me to give us another chance. Truthfully, I want that, too. I'm not ready to lose my dad. But I don't know how to do it. I keep seeing him all bloody. And... and I can feel how much he's afraid of you. He won't... take me... because he's scared you'll kill him." Clark looked at his father, every emotion showing on his face. He didn't want to be at odds with his dad. He loved his dad, but he didn't know if they could fix this.

"You can tell him I'll never touch him in anger," Jonathon said in a tense voice. "And your sex life is your business."

"I wish it was that simple," Clark said miserably. "I know you won't hit him again. I know you won't because you love me and know it would kill me if you did. But Lex doesn't know that. He pretty sure you won't kill him but even that's debatable. Dad, I'm not telling you this to hurt you or upset you. I'm telling you this because... I need your help. I don't know what to do and whenever I didn't know what to do I asked my dad."

"You're not going to like this answer, Clark. But I don't know what we're supposed to do. I've never had someone think I'm a homicidal maniac."

"He doesn't think that," Clark said, then looked away. "He just thinks you're a father that loves his son. I said some things today that I'm not real proud of, dad. I said I didn't think I wanted to be your son anymore."

"I can understand why," Jonathon answered. The words coming from his son's mouth stung his heart. "I'm lucky you're still talking to me at all. You'd have every right not to."

Clark sighed and risked a glance at his father. The older man had turned away from him a bit, his shoulders hunched as if Clark's very words were weighing him down. "I didn't mean it. You're my dad and I love you. Lex, well, he really jumped on me when I said that. He just... he wants me to be happy, you know? He wants to make everything right for me and he can't, at least not this, and it hurts him."

"Then Luther and I... have that much in common. I... I just want everything to be right for you too, son. To see their son healthy and happy is what any father wants. That I was the one who threatened that... it rips me apart inside," Jonathon dared to admit.

"Don't, dad," Clark said, taking a step toward his father. "Don't tear yourself up over this anymore. We'll get through it. It's taking time, but Lex is getting better around you. Just... bear with us, okay?"

"Patience is one of the virtues that I'm learning very fast, Clark," Jonathon said, now turning to face his son. "That and humility. He's part of your life now. You should bring him around more. Your mother is dying to coddle him and I still think I should make myself absent for the first little while at least."

"I'd like to bring him over more. I love him so much, dad. I still think it would be better if you were here, at least the first time. After that, if you want to skip a time or two, that's okay. I know he's not your favourite person, even if he is mine," Clark said. "Maybe we could have dinner here Sunday night like mom said?"

"Yeah... we could do that," Jonathon agreed reluctantly. He could see how much Clark wanted this. "It will give me a chance to ask for his forgiveness after I ask for yours now."

"I don't forgive you," Clark said. At the stunned look on Jonathan's face he rushed on. "I don't forgive you for being my father. I don't forgive you for loving me enough to risk going to jail for me. I don't forgive you for putting me above every value you ever tried to teach me. Don't ask me to forgive you for being my dad. I won't do it."

"Then forgive me for hurting someone you love... for hurting you."

"I already did that," Clark said. He closed the distance between them and pulled his father into a rough hug. "I'm sorry I hurt you back. It was wrong. I was just so scared. I'm sorry, dad."

"Nothing to be sorry for," Jonathon said, holding onto to his son tightly. "Sometimes you're just like your old man, trying to protect the ones you love."

<><><><><><>

Lex could feel the blood pounding in his head and quickly swallowed the aspirin Enrique had brought him. He'd been feeling steadily worse ever since Thursday when he'd dropped Clark off at home. He always felt less than his best when they were apart but this was worse than ever. Normally, he saw his lover at least every 24 hours. Now, it had been over 33 and Lex was feeling it. He'd refused to see a doctor like Enrique had worriedly suggested. What he was feeling couldn't be explained by any medical jargon. Instead, he mustered enough strength to wipe the sweat from his forehead and hoped like hell the pain medication would work.

"Sir, perhaps I should call Mr. Kent," Enrique offered when it became clear that Master Lex was not going to change his mind about a doctor. "You always seem more... relaxed... when he's near."

"He's not to be bothered," Lex croaked in a hoarse voice and winced after he spoke. "He's with his parents."

"Yes, Sir," Enrique nodded. He knew things were difficult between his employer and the Kents. The fact that Master Lex was sleeping with their underage son did not help matters any. If he said to leave them be, then Enrique would do just that. He would not dare risk upsetting the careful balance his employer struggled to maintain.

"Just make sure I'm not disturbed," Lex managed to say. "And shut the lights off on your way out."

"Yes, Sir. I'll come back and check on you in an hour. I won't disturb you if you're sleeping."

Lex motioned the man out, knowing there was no way to keep him from checking up on him. It was one of the reasons he liked the man. Enrique knew his place but he also knew when to take a stand. He wouldn't allow Lex to harm himself. If things got much worse, he'd do whatever he thought best.

If he had the strength, Lex knew he wouldn't be able to fight the urge to see Clark any longer. But now he barely had the physical strength to roll over. He devoted all of his metal powers to blocking his pain from Clark. Luckily, Clark had blocked the bond almost completely. Lex had suggested it so his lover wouldn't be distracted by his thoughts. He was very glad that he had. If the bond were open, there would be no way to keep his pain hidden. And Clark had already suffered enough because of him.

Thinking about Clark made the pain worse, as if his body was rebelling against his own stupidity at being away from his lover. He groaned loudly and curled into the foetal position, wishing the pain away.

Eventually the pain became more than Lex could take and he simply passed out. When Enrique looked in on him a few hours later it looked like he was sleeping peacefully. Closing the door as quietly as he could, Enrique left. He made sure to inform the rest of the staff that Master Lex was not to be disturbed.

<><><><><><>

It was Saturday morning and shortly after breakfast, Clark had told his parents he would be back soon to catch on his chores. He was literally bouncing on the balls of his feet when he rang the doorbell to the mansion, wanting to surprise Lex. He'd kept the bond blocked to surprise his lover even more. The break through he'd made with his father the other night had lightened his spirit and he finally felt like there was hope.

"Ah, Mr. Kent, it's good to see you," Enrique said as he ushered Clark inside. "Master Lex is resting in his room. He was a bit under the weather last night. I think he might still be asleep."

"Oh..." Clark stopped and made a face. "Was he up working late again?"

"I believe he was going over some reports. He had quite a bad headache, though, and retired early," Enrique said as they walked toward the staircase. "Will you be having breakfast this morning?"

"I already ate..." But then his stomach growled its protest at the idea of turning down free food. "But, Lex hates to eat alone and I know he forgets to eat sometimes. So... sure."

"Very good," Enrique smiled. "I'll have something sent up shortly." With that, he headed toward the kitchen leaving Clark at the foot of the stairs. Clark wasted no time in running up them, eager to see his lover. He decided he'd wait for the exact moment he saw his lover to open the bond. He'd let all his happy emotions flood over his lover and looked forward to his surprised reaction. He was soon in front of Lex's door and pondered how Lex would take it if he launched himself on that nice big bed as a wake up call.

Deciding he didn't want to take a chance on hurting Lex, Clark opened the door walked inside. He smiled down at his sleeping lover and reached out to touch Lex's shoulder while he opened the bond. There was a moment of nothing, then pain unlike anything he'd ever felt backwashed through the bond driving Clark to his knees. His hand squeezed Lex's shoulder convulsively and Clark prayed he hadn't squeezed too hard before all thought was driven from his mind.

"Lex!" Clark screamed out desperately both verbally and in their minds.

Lex came awake with a groan. He could feel pain spiking down from his shoulder, but his biggest concern was Clark. The young man was kneeling beside the bed, wild-eyed with panic. "Clark... close the bond," Lex told him, knowing that Clark was feeling his pain.

"No..." Clark groaned. "Let me feel your pain."

// No, baby. Don't. I don't want you to hurt. // Lex reached out to Clark, touching his face. He wiped at the tears that ran down the younger man's face, hating the fact that he was making him cry.

Clark closed his eyes and leaned into Lex's hand. All he knew was that he had to take Lex's pain away. Something deep inside him surged up and the bond split open. Clark threw back his head and screamed as Lex's pain drained from his lover and surged into him.

Lex felt the all-consuming pain drain away and sagged in relief. He would have collapsed if he wasn't already lying on his side. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply to calm his racing heart. When he opened them he saw Clark, his eyes bright with pain and understood then what his lover had done.

// Oh, Clark... why? // Lex asked, stroking his lover's face with worry.

// Had to. Can't stand to see you hurting. Why didn't you tell me? // Clark stared at Lex, the mind speech the only one he was capable of right now. The pain still coursed through him, but it was gradually dying down.

// Because it was something I had to learn to handle and I didn't want to disturb your time with your family. // Lex answered and started to pull his weakened lover onto the bed.

// Why? What caused this? // Clark let himself be pulled onto the bed. All he wanted was to feel Lex's arms around him and for the pain to go away. // How long were you hurting? How long did you feel this while I was out having fun? //

// Being away from you caused this. But why don't you rest now. // Lex answered and pulled Clark into his arms, kissing his forehead. He didn't want Clark's famous guilt complex to take over now.

"What did you say?" Clark managed to croak out. The pain was fading more quickly now, the close proximity to Lex easing it away as if it were nothing.

"Easy..." Lex chided. "It's nothing to get excited about when you're still in pain."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Clark asked, knowing now that his lover had probably been in pain the whole time they'd been apart. "Why did you tell me not to see you if you knew it would hurt you?"

"I didn't know it would hurt..." Lex started and then shrugged at Clark's dubious look. "Well... at least not that much. I thought I could handle it and you wanted to see your parents. It was a small price to pay to see you happy."

"No, Lex. Never again. We'll work something else out. Is it like this every night when I go home? Is that why you wanted to learn how to block the bond?" Clark couldn't hide the hurt in his voice. It hurt that Lex had kept this from him. Hurt a thousand times worse than the physical pain he'd just endured.

"No... it's not like this every night," Lex answered. Sure he had a tough time sleeping and the occasional headache, but he was getting used to it. "It's not the same when you're gone, but it never hurt like this before."

"This isn't right. I never meant to hurt you, Lex. Please, you've got to believe me. I love you. I can't stand to see you in pain. We'll fix this. Okay? Somehow, we'll fix this." Clark was growing desperate. He pulled Lex to him even tighter and held on. He hadn't meant to cause this but he had. Now he had to find a way to fix it. Preferably a way that didn't leave him without ever being able to see his parents again.

"Shush... it's alright," Lex tried to comfort his distraught love. It was at times like this he remembered exactly how young he really was, despite his grown up body. "I love you, too. It'll all work out for the best."

"Can I... can I call my folks?" Clark asked. "I don't know what to do, Lex. Maybe they can think of something. We can't be apart like this again. I won't let you... lay here in pain just so I can be with them. Okay?"

"Clark... I'm fine if I see you every 24 hours or so. You can still be with your parents. I'd be fine with just a little visit. It would be enough to tide me over."

"But you'd still hurt, right? Maybe not as much as this, but you'd still hurt," Clark argued. "Lex, if it was the other way around, say you having to leave to go to some board meeting or something important to you like that, would you do it? Would you leave knowing I would hurt even a little?"

"Of course I wouldn't let you hurt," Lex said. "But... the separation obviously affects me more. I'm human, with human weakness. A little pain is something I can get used to."

"You are not getting used to feeling pain," Clark stated flatly. "We'll work this out. We'll think of something. I'm sure if I explain things to my folks they'll understand."

"They'll understand that they're losing more time with you," Lex shook his head. "Have you actually thought about the agreement they made with us? It feels unreasonable to let you go, but really, they only see you a few hours in a week. I can live with this inconvenience until you're old enough to leave home."

"Lex..." Clark began, but one look in his lover's eyes ended his argument. Lex had made up his mind. Very rarely did he do this where Clark was concerned but once he'd made a decision, he stuck with it. Especially if he thought it was in Clark's best interest. Clark decided to try another strategy... one that had never failed before. He turned large, soulful eyes on Lex and said, "It hurts me to see you hurt. It hurts me to know I'm the one causing you pain. You want me to hurt that way?"

"Don't even try it," Lex said, grinning at his lover. "The puppy-eyes routine isn't going to change my mind this time. I'll live. We just need to make sure I at least get to see you for a few minutes every day and I'll be fine. The only time it should even be a problem is your weekends with your family. Then, well, maybe I can drop by for a visit or something."

"Well... actually, that's why I'm here. Mom wants you to come over Sunday for dinner," Clark hedged. He had every intention of changing Lex's mind, but getting him to agree to this was a start.

"Alright," Lex agreed. The thought of trying to eat a meal while sitting across from Clark's father was a bit unsettling, but he could see how much his lover wanted him to accept. If it made Clark happy, he'd do it. Besides, the more time he spent with Clark on Sunday the less pain he'd be in on Monday as he waited for him to come over.

"And I was thinking..." Clark said in a low tone, contented with Lex's agreement. "On the weekends... I can spend the day with my parents, but at night, after they're in bed... I can come over here for the night and be back before they wake up."

"If that's what you want," Lex said, the bond dimming as he tried to keep Clark from feeling his disappointment. No weekends at all now. Lex wasn't sure how he'd survive. He ached to be with Clark every second they were apart. The weekends were his way of recharging after their scant time together during the week. Without them, Lex wasn't sure how he would cope.

"Lex... I didn't mean it that way," Clark rushed out feeling Lex's emotions despite his attempts to hide them. "Just the occasional weekend that I have to spend with my parents. I mean my mom will give me these guilty looks and sigh and stuff... so just every once in a while to make her happy. I want to spend my weekends with you. I want to spend every minute of every day with you."

"Shhh... It's okay, Clark," Lex said, stroking his lover's face. "I love you. I can wait for you. Your idea sounds like a good one. I won't be in pain like I was this time and you can still spend the weekends with your family."

"You are my family, Lex," Clark insisted. "I was thinking I could do that on the weeknights, too. Sneak out after they go to bed, sleep with you and be back before they wake up."

"No. No sneaking around. You tell them when you're coming here on the weekends and you stay home like you're supposed to during the week. I won't give your father any reasons, Clark. I won't risk losing you."

"Then I'll tell him I'm coming here to sleep," Clark said stubbornly. "It's not like they'll miss me when they're asleep."

"Only on the weekends," Lex insisted, refusing to back down. "We agreed to your father's terms. We're going to abide by them. Besides, you still need time for your friends and stuff. If you're constantly running here you'll never have time to see them."

"There's a new developments in our relationship and that requires new terms to our agreement with my dad," Clark said, trying to sound very grown up. "And I'll spend time with my friends. But I think this a good compromise that will allow us to still carry on our lives, but still make sure we see each other. Between like midnight and five in the morning, I'll be over here. I don't need as much sleep as... other people."

"Clark..." Lex trailed off in frustration. "I want you here with me and arguing against it is making my headache come back. We'll talk to your parents. Explain that I have to see you everyday for at least a little while. Maybe, and I stress the word maybe here, we can renegotiate a bit. Don't get your hopes up, though."

"I can be stubborn too when I have to be," Clark huffed.

"Really? I hadn't noticed," Lex smirked. Before Clark could come back with something equally sarcastic, Lex leaned forward and kissed him. He knew he should get Clark headed back home but he couldn't let his lover leave without at least a kiss.

// Just a kiss? // Clark teased mentally and then shifting, moving his hand down to cup Lex's groin.

// Clark... You're supposed to be with your parents today. // Lex couldn't help but grind against his lover's hand. It had been too long since they'd touched and Lex felt starved. He wanted to pull Clark down onto the bed and let his lover ravish him but there was no time for that.

// Haven't you heard of a quickie Kansas style? // Clark moved his hand quickly and undid Lex's fly, working his hand into Lex's pants to grasp his cock.

// Don't want a quickie... // Lex complained as he kissed Clark hard, driving his tongue deep inside his lover's mouth. // Clark... stop. //

// No... // Clark said, his hand quickening. // We both want this. Need this! //

// Clark... oh fuck... // Lex bucked forward hard, thrusting into the tight tunnel of Clark's hand. His entire body was on edge, the need to cum overriding everything else.

// Then do it... cum in my hand. // Clark tightened his grip on Lex's cock, running his thumb over the sensitive head.

The added sensation was enough to push Lex over the edge. With a strangled shout, he came into Clark's hand, thrashing in that strong grip. When it was over, Lex lay panting on the bed. He glanced up at Clark and saw his lover grinning impishly at him.

"I said I'd give you a quickie Kansas style. Like a tornado... we blow you away."

Lex just shook his head. He could not believe Clark had said that. Then again, he could. His lover had the worst sense of humour sometimes. "I love you, Clark, but we have got to work on your sense of humour," Lex grinned.

Clark raised his hand idly to his mouth and began to lick it clean. "You just can't appreciate farm humour or talents."

"Oh I can appreciate your talents all right," Lex mused. "But you really should be getting home. You're supposed to be with your parents today. I'll come by and pick you up tonight. If you're good, we can pick up where we left off."

"What do you classify as good?" Clark asked with an evil grin. "Jacking off thinking of you in my bed or saving it for you?"

"Save it for me," Lex replied huskily. "That way I can watch while you do it. Will you do that for me? Will you let me watch while you touch yourself in our bed?"

"Damn it, Lex," Clark hissed, shifting uncomfortably. "Now you're playing dirty."

"Clark, I'm the king of playing dirty." Lex sat up on the bed and pulled Clark up to sit beside him. "I don't want you to go, but I know you have to. Would you like me to drive you back to the farm or would you rather run?"

"I can run... I have some excess energy to work off now," Clark said.

"Okay," Lex smiled. "I'll see you tonight. What time do you want me to pick you up?"

"I was thinking I could just come over here..." Clark said. "That you could be... waiting for me."

"That wouldn't exactly be proper," Lex said, thinking of Clark's father. "But I suppose it'd be okay as long as we didn't make a habit of it. Would you like that? For me to be waiting for you when you get here?"

"Uhhh... yeah," Clark admitted, with a subtle blush. He really didn't think he'd be able to see Lex without ravishing him in the middle of the farmyard on the hood of his car and the idea of Lex waiting for him, in those lavender silk boxer was more than appealing.

"Then that's what we'll do. You go and have fun with your folks. Give your mom a kiss for me. I'll be waiting here for you when you get back."

"Right... ahhh, right... I should go," Clark agreed with a silly nod as he stumbled out of the bed. The idea of a partner who was willing to indulge his fantasies was every young man's dream.

// I'll indulge every fantasy you have, lover. All you have to do is think it. //

// Bad, Lex. // Clark scolded, but shivered with delight.

<><><><><><>

Lex could feel Clark approaching the castle and shivered. He was laid out on their bed dressed only in the lavender boxers Clark was so enchanted with. His arms and legs were spread wide, as if invisible ropes bound them to the four corners of the bed. Maybe, one day, Clark would indulge him with this particular fantasy. In the meantime, Lex was going to indulge every single one of Clark's that he could discover.

// You realize I am sixteen right? // Clark's voice rang out in Lex's head. // I think about sex constantly and you are like the new porn star of my mind. //

// As long as I get top billing, I'm happy. And I do plan on acting out every dirty little fantasy of yours that I can. Now hurry up and get here before somebody else comes along and fucks me. //

Lex felt the surge of jealously ring through the bond. The next thing he knew, Clark crashed through the window and in a flash was straddling Lex's chest. // YOU BELONG TO BE ME! //

"Then prove it," Lex purred, his cock surging at the possessive display.

"You triggered my flying," Clark growled, his eyes flashing and he grabbed Lex's arms, pinning them over his head. " I couldn't get here fast enough."

"So what are you going to do now that you're here?" Lex taunted. He could feel Clark gripping his wrists hard enough to bruise and it only made him hotter.

"Gonna fuck you through the mattress," Clark said simply, before he leaned down to apply a bruising kiss to Lex's lips.

// Yes! // Lex returned the kiss as best he could, opening his mouth to Clark's questing tongue. He could feel his lover's teeth biting into his lip and gasped when he tasted blood. Then Clark's tongue was diving back into his mouth, thrusting in as far as it would reach and taking Lex's mouth.

// You always do this to me. // Clark continued to deepen the kiss. // Make me crazy for you. Even if you mention someone else touching you I get insanely jealous. //

// I know. Why do you think I do it? I like you jealous and possessive. One of my fantasies, I guess. // Lex continued to writhe under Clark as they kissed. At least as much as he was able to. Clark was no lightweight and he was still holding Lex's hands in a punishing grip.

// You want me to hold you down, don't you? // Clark asked with awe, sensing something deep in Lex. // You want me to take control sometimes. //

Lex twisted his head away from Clark until his lover broke the kiss. "You really want to know what I want? I want you to hold me down and fuck me so hard I can't walk when you're done. I want you to own me and control me and do every damn thing you please to me. You can tie me up if you want to or you can just hold me down. We both know you could do it easily. I want to feel that strength of yours, Clark. I want to feel it and know that even in the midst of all this, I'm still the safest I've ever been."

Clark's eyes widened and his breath caught. Lex had captured one of his own deepest fantasies. Dreams that had gone unsaid and wishes that he thought would never be fulfilled. "You're not afraid of me," he whispered with amazement.

"Not even a little. You can do whatever you want with me and I'll always trust you. Tell me what you want, Clark. Do you want to hold me down and fuck me until I scream? Or do you want to tie me? Tell me, lover, and it's yours."

"I want to hold you down," Clark breathed, his hand tightening on Lex's wrists. His other hand moved to inch down Lex's boxers.

Lex groaned as Clark's hand tightened on his wrists. They ached already, but he kept quiet. He wanted it to hurt. Just like he wanted it to hurt when Clark fucked him. And Lex had no illusions about that. When Clark took him this time, it wouldn't be any sweet, gentle love-making. It would be as hard and brutal as they could manage without damaging him too much. Lex shivered at the very thought of it.

Clark pushed Lex's boxers down completely and seized Lex's cock in his grasp. // Are you ready for me? //

"Who cares? You want me, take me. That's what this is about. Don't ask if I want it, Clark, just fucking take it."

Clark moved until he circled Lex's hole and pushed his finger in. // I'll take you, but I won't hurt you. And it doesn't matter... because you're already wet and stretched for me. //

"Make me scream for you, Clark," Lex gasped. Clark's finger was stroking in and out of him roughly, much more so than Clark had ever done before, even at his most out of control. Lex knew then that Clark would make this good for him, make this what he wanted, but he would still make sure that Lex was safe.

Clark ripped the boxers off completely and manoeuvred Lex's legs onto his shoulders. // You're fucking soul will scream for me. //

// It already does. // Lex braced himself for the intrusion. He felt Clark's cock kiss his hole then he was being spitted, his lover's thick flesh splitting him wide open. Lex did scream then as Clark sank in to the hilt, holding him in place as if he were made of paper instead of flesh and bone.

Clark began to pump his cock in and out, picking up speed with each thrust. // I could easily crush you... tear you apart. //

"Yes..." Lex moaned. // You could fuck me so hard I couldn't walk for days. You could do anything to me right now and there's nothing I could do. There's nothing stopping you, but you. //

// But I won't. I'll just love you more. // Clark promised and surged forward, bringing Lex's hips off the bed.

// I know. I trust you completely. Fuck me, lover. I want to be feeling this for days. //

"No..." Clark grunted and thrust in more deeply. // I'll just heal you. //

"Do it, Clark," Lex begged. "Do it or I swear I'll find a way to tie you down and fuck myself on you as hard as I can. Do it. Please..."

Clark couldn't deny that tone of Lex's voice and began to pump almost savagely, groaning with delight. He continued to keep Lex held down on the bed, a controlled vessel for his passion.

Lex screamed again as Clark began to pound into him. He could feel Clark's balls slapping his ass with every lunge, could feel their pelvises slamming together hard enough to bruise. Lex struggled against Clark's grip on his wrists, letting himself fall into the fantasy completely.

// You're gonna cum from just me fucking you. // Clark's voice echoed through Lex's mind, encompassing his entire being.

"Clark... please... " Lex begged, struggling to get his hands free. His body was on fire. His cock ached with the need to cum. Clark was purposely keeping him on the edge, not letting him fall over and Lex couldn't stand it anymore.

"Beg some more," Clark growled, surprised at the ferocity of his own words. He would have stopped if he could have, but something deep in the bond was pushing this between them.

"Oh fuck... Fuck you... Please, Clark... please... touch me..." Lex begged, thrashing in Clark's iron grip.

"No... cum from just me. Just me in you and in your head," Clark denied, shoving in deeper and faster now.

"God, Clark, please!" Lex pleaded. He was almost there but it still wasn't quite enough. Then Clark changed his angle slightly and Lex saw stars. He screamed louder than ever and bucked hard in Clark's hands as cum poured from his cock to land in sticky spurts on his chest and face.

Clark's own orgasm was ripped from him by Lex's internal muscles and the sheer strength of the bond. He came immediately after Lex did, pulsing deep within his lover.

// I think I died. // Lex tried to moan and all that came out was a weak rasp. His vocal chords felt shredded and that was nothing compared to what the rest of him felt like. He'd said he wanted to feel it for days. Well, there was no doubt about that now.

Clark had managed to hold his weight up until then, but collapsed onto Lex with a raspy snort. // Don't make me laugh. Dead men can't laugh. //

// But apparently they still need to breath. Roll over, babe. You're killing me here. //

// You'll ask for the world next. // Clark groaned, but managed to pull out of Lex and flop down on the bed next to him, his arm still flung possessively over Lex's chest.

// I already got that when you said you'd marry me. All I want right now is to somehow manage to teleport into a tub full of hot water and soak for a week or so. // Lex snuggled down into Clark's embrace, careful to put as little pressure on his backside as possible. This was even worse than it had been that first weekend together when Clark had taken him over and over again. He didn't even want to look at his wrists. He knew they had to be ringed in bruises. Clark was not going to be happy with him.

// C'mere. // Clark ordered mentally and pulled Lex to him, wrapping the smaller man in his embrace. When Lex settled next to him, he closed his eyes and concentrated on Lex's pain. He felt Lex's pain... shared it, but now he concentrated on taking it away. He knew he could draw that pain deep into himself.

"Clark, stop," Lex said when he realized what Clark was trying to do.

"No," Clark answered in a clipped voice. "This is my right and responsibility." He was fully absorbed with healing Lex now and his grip was iron tight.

"Clark, please... I never meant for you to feel this... " Lex pleaded, panicking a bit. He hurt. He hurt a lot. And now Clark was going to feel that hurt. That had never been his intention.

Clark didn't answer. He wasn't able to as the pain rushed into him. For a moment he felt both of their shared pain in a magnified flash that drained the colour from his face. It was worth it though to know he was healing Lex. He would heal soon enough and then they'd both be fine.

Clark closed his eyes as he concentrated on healing the last of Lex's injuries. When he opened them he was shocked to see tears running down Lex's face and as he fought to break free of Clark's grip. // Lex? What's wrong? //

// Why'd you do it? // Lex demanded. He couldn't held but speak using the bond when his emotions were this intense.

// I didn't want you to hurt. I can heal this faster than you can. Lex... why are you crying? //

// Because you had no right to do that. //

// I had every right. I caused your pain. It was my fault so I fixed it. // Clark defended. He couldn't understand why Lex seemed so angry. He just wanted to take his lover's pain away.

// I can't do the same for you, Clark. I can't take your pain away. Do you understand how much that kills me inside? //

// Lex, don't. Please. I... I'm not sorry I did it. I'd do it again. I will do it again. Please, don't be mad at me. I love you too much to ever see you hurt. Please, don't let this ruin tonight. //

// How can I be mad at you when you love me this much? I just wish I could offer the same. //

"I know it's not fair," Clark said, his voice a rough whisper as his emotions got the best of him, "but I'm glad you can't."

"I just wish you had a mate who was your equal. If you were back wherever you're from, they'd be able to heal you and return your gifts."

"Lex, don't say that," Clark begged, tears filling his eyes. "I love you. I don't want anyone else. I don't care what they could do. They could never be you."

"Guess we can't control who we love," Lex said, trying to comfort his lover. He couldn't understand why Clark loved him, but he did and Lex felt like the luckiest man in the world.

"Thank God for that," Clark whispered. "I know I'm not who you would have picked for a mate, Lex. Believe me, I know just how lucky I am to have you."

"You can't pick who you love, Clark. I can. And from day one, I wanted you," Lex said, hugging Clark closer to his body.

"You mean it?" Clark asked, a bit of his insecurity rising up. "You wanted me all that time?"

"Wanted you yes. But I knew I shouldn't have you," Lex chuckled.

"Why not? Was it just because of my age?"

"The word jailbait did come to mind more than once," Lex admitted with a fond smile.

"Was that really why you never tried anything?" Clark asked, surprised that something as mundane as the law would have stopped Lex from taking something he wanted. Clark knew, even back then, Lex would never have done anything to hurt him. He also knew that Luthors were accustomed to getting their way.

"It wasn't the law I was afraid of... it was stealing your innocence."

"You wouldn't have been stealing it. I would have given it to you. I still will. I'm yours, Lex, whenever you decide to take me."

"When the time is right," Lex said.

"I love you," Clark murmured, his eyes drifting closed. He pulled Lex tight against him, wanting his lover safely wrapped in his arms while they napped. He could feel that Lex was tired, too, so he didn't fight it. In a few hours they could wake up and start all over again.

<><><><><><>

Lex was actually surprised at how much he'd eaten at supper this evening. Despite his frayed nerves at having to sit at the same table with Jonathon Kent, the looks from his lover and quasi mother-in-law had been enough to make him choke down more food than normal.

"Dinner was wonderful, Mrs. Kent," Lex said as he pushed back from the table slightly. "Thank you again for having me."

"It was our pleasure, Lex," Martha answered. "And you might as well call me Mom. My mother-in-law is Mrs. Kent."

"Yes, ma'am," Lex replied politely. Calling Martha "Mom" was going to take some time. He'd been trying to, knowing how much the woman wanted him to, but the word always stuck in his throat. He wasn't sure if it was Mr. Kent's influence or that he felt like he was betraying his own mother but the fact remained that he hadn't quite managed to cross that bridge yet.

Sensing how uncomfortable Lex was and with a worried look from Clark, she amended. "Or you can just call me Martha. Either way would please me."

Lex stood up and walked over to the sink where Martha stood. He turned her around to face him and hugged her gently. "Just give me a little time," he whispered. "It's been a long time since I've had a mom. I'm still getting used to it."

Martha patted his cheek and hugged him back. "You deserve so much love, sweetie."

"Thank you," Lex said, his eyes growing moist. "I don't think Clark and I could have made it without your understanding and support."

"That's what I'm here for," Martha shrugged and then shooed Lex back to the table to sit next to Clark.

Lex dutifully returned to his lover's side, carefully avoiding even looking at Clark's father. He could feel the older man's eyes on him as he sat back down and he forced himself to stand his ground. He slowed his breathing, concentrating on remaining calm and reached under the table for Clark's hand.

"Go ahead and say what's on your mind," Jonathon said in a surprisingly gentle tone.

"Nothing, sir," Lex replied, amazed at how calmly the words came out. That was at least something he could thank his father for, knowing how to appear calm no matter what he truly felt.

"Nothing? I don't buy that. You sat through the whole meal like a canary at a cat show," Jonathon said. "If we're gonna be doing this regularly, then we might as well clear the air now."

Lex squeezed Clark's hand tighter and looked at Jonathan. "What do you want me to say?" he asked. "I love him. Being away from him is proving... difficult. I know you disapprove. You don't think I'm good enough for him. You're right, of course. But that doesn't change things."

"I don't think you're good enough for him..." Jonathon admitted, but stopped when Clark growled. "But then again, no one would be good enough for him. Call it a parental fault. And things have changed. We're family now. Families don't always get along or even like each other, but that doesn't change the fact of what we are now. We have to make this work."

"I'm trying, sir," Lex replied softly. "I know I'm not good enough for him. Clark deserves so much better. Someone like Chloe. Someone smart and sweet and beautiful and... good. He deserves someone he and his family can be proud of. Not someone they're ashamed to be seen with."

"Hold it right there..." Jonathon held up his hand to cut Clark off. "I may not understand this... gay thing. But Clark loves you and he doesn't have bad taste. You've kept my son's secret and stuck around through all this. We're not ashamed of you, just sceptical."

"Mr. Kent, I'd like to speak with you in private, if I may," Lex asked. He shook his head at Clark's worried look and let go of his lover's hand. It was time to find out if Jonathan Kent really had changed his mind about him or not.

// I can listen in to make sure he doesn't try anything funny. // Clark offered. He didn't want to let Lex go, but he could feel his determination.

"No, Clark," Lex said, speaking aloud. "This is something your father and I need to discuss alone. I need you to trust me and not listen in. Okay?"

"Yeah," Clark said sullenly and gave his Dad a leery look.

"Thank you," Lex said as he stood up and headed toward the front door. // I love you, Clark. //

Jonathon got up and followed Lex out onto the porch. "So how are we going to make this work?"

"I don't know," Lex admitted. "I have something to tell you. What you do with the information will make or break me and Clark."

"You can trust me where my son is concerned."

"The bond's changed," Lex began. "It's growing stronger. Or at least its demands are. If I'm away from Clark, I hurt. Normally, while he's in school, it's nothing more than a headache. This weekend, by the time he came to me Saturday morning, I was passed out. He seems almost completely unaffected as long as we keep the bond dimmed. I'm fairly certain, though, if we were apart for long enough or far enough, it would kill me."

"Shit..." Jonathon hissed. Lex had put his life his hand. If he could keep Clark away from Lex, he'd die. Was that what he wanted?

Lex stiffened at the quietly spoken expletive. He wrapped his arms around himself and shivered. What was he thinking? He'd just given a man that hated him an almost foolproof way of killing him and getting away with it.

Jonathon made his decision the instant he saw the horror struck look on Lex's face. He wasn't a monster. He was a father. "We'll just have to find a way to keep you together at all costs, won't we?" he said in a low tone.

"You could do it," Lex pressed perversely. "You could end all this and get your son back. A few days. A week at most and I'd be nothing but a grave he cried over. I can't leave him, Mr. Kent. I'm not that strong. If you truly think I'm bad for him, you'll have to take care of things yourself."

"I could do it, but then I'd have to live with the fact that I'd killed the person my son loves. The one person besides me and my wife who will protect Clark at all costs. I'm not a stupid or cruel man, Lex," Jonathon continued, his voice rising with his temper.

"No, sir," Lex said, taking a step back. "You're just a man that loves his son very much. But I know you'd rather see him with just about anyone other than me. I'm a Luthor. I'm not to be trusted. All I know how to do is destroy things. You've said all that yourself, Mr. Kent. What makes you think I won't destroy your son?"

"Because you're connected to him," Jonathon sighed deeply, the tension draining from him slightly. "I trust him. You may be a Luthor, but he chose you. So now you're my son's... friend... more than you're a Luthor to me."

"Did he have fun with his mom?" Lex asked, seemingly out of nowhere. The conversation was threatening to overwhelm him. He needed to step back from it for a while. And he needed to know that all his suffering hadn't been for nothing.

"Yeah... she cooked and he ate," Jonathon answered the strangely placed question without faltering. "They're closer than any mother and son I know. Hell, she was his only friend for years."

"I'm glad," Lex said. "I don't mind hurting if it means Clark can spend some time with his mother. He's been missing her quite a bit. I don't mean to take time away from them. And I don't mean for it to seem as if I don't care about your time with Clark. I know you miss him, too."

"We've got to learn to get along... or at least be civil to each other for Clark's sake," Jonathon said matter of factly.

"I thought I was," Lex muttered, turning away.

"Alright... I have more work to do," Jonathon amended.

Lex didn't turn back around but stared out into the night. He hugged himself in the darkness wishing Clark were out here with him. It would feel so much better with his lover's arms wrapped around him. Still, he didn't want to have this conversation with Clark here. It was hard enough without Clark bristling at everything his father said.

"There's nothing I can do, is there?" Jonathon sighed again and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"It's my fault, sir," Lex said, his voice shaking a bit. "I guess some people aren't destined to have a father. Even of the in-law variety."

"Now stop that," Jonathon said sharply.

Lex shivered at the sharp tone in Jonathan's voice then stiffened. "I'm sorry," he whispered to the darkness, apologizing for everything and nothing at once. He hated that this was so hard on everyone. All he wanted to do was love and be loved by Clark. That shouldn't have to tear the lives apart of everyone Clark cared for.

Jonathon moved slowly forward and placed his hand on Lex's shoulder like he'd done for his own thousands of times. He squeezed gently and said quietly, "You should only be sorry for doubting yourself. Don't be sorry for what I did to you."

"I had it coming," Lex said. "I may not have forced him, but I did have sex with him. You had every right to do what you did. You were just trying to protect him."

"And now I have to protect you from me."

"How do you plan on doing that?" Lex asked. He could feel Jonathan's hand on his shoulder. It burned like a brand and at the same time felt almost... comforting. If he'd said any of these things to his own father the man would have laughed in his face and told him what a weak, pathetic fool he was. He never, never would have offered him any form of comfort.

"By treating you like I'd treat my own son," Jonathon answered simply.

"Are you sure I'm worth the trouble? Let me tell you, my father wouldn't think so. He'd tell me I was acting like a fool. Letting my weaknesses consume me."

"There's no such thing as perfection. If he told you otherwise, he was lying to you."

"I'm rather used to it, the lying that is. Lionel only tells me the truth when he stands to gain something from it."

"Then he's a bad father. I've always thought a father should put his children first," Jonathon said, trying to give Lex an insight into his behaviour.

"I don't think I was ever his child," Lex mused sadly. "I was his heir. I was this thing he brought into the world so that he could live forever. He didn't have me because he wanted children, he had me because he wanted immortality."

"And when you didn't turn out to be the clone he expected, then he got pissed off?" Jonathon asked.

"I rebelled," Lex explained. "He expected it as a teenager. When I was twenty and still doing it, he got pissed. I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of, Mr. Kent. Most of them, I hate to say, were pathetic attempts to gain my father's attention. Now, I go out of my way to be as different from him as I possibly can. I told Clark I'd walk away from it all, if that's what he wanted. Everything. Luthor Corp. My mother's estate. All of it. All he has to do is say the word."

"You really do love him," Jonathon said more to himself than to Lex as he patted Lex's shoulder to comfort them both. Maybe there was hope after all if this young man was willing to walk away from a fortune for his son.

"More than anything in this world," Lex told him. "I never thought I'd ever love anyone as much as I loved my mother. I was wrong."

"And I was wrong about you. I'm sorry."

"Do you really believe that, Mr. Kent?" Lex asked, desperate to believe. "That you were wrong about me? I've been trying so hard not to become my father, but every day it feels like I'm losing a little bit more of myself to him. I don't want that. I think I'd rather die than wake up one morning and realize I had become Lionel Luthor."

"Fighting your heritage just proves how different you really are from your father," Jonathon said. "You won't become him. Just like Clark won't become me."

"That's my fault, too, I suppose. He would have, if I hadn't entered the picture. He still can, if that's what he wants. We don't have to live in Metropolis or Gotham. Whatever work I do, I can do from where ever."

Jonathon shook his head and gave an amused little laugh. "Clark was never meant to repeat my life. He's special. He's meant for great things."

"I know, even if I don't like it," Lex admitted.

"I guess he needs someone special to be there for him... and that's you," Jonathon said. "We won't always be around."

"What makes you think I'll outlive you?" Lex asked with a snort.

"Clark would never let anything happen to you," Jonathon said with great conviction.

"Clark takes too much responsibility for things he has little to no control over," Lex said. "He can't be everywhere at once. He can't protect me if my father decides he wants to make me pay for turning my back on him. It's his greatest weakness. He feels too much."

"That's not a weakness... that's love."

"Yeah, I guess it is." Lex fell silent for a moment, continuing to stare out into the night. When he spoke again his voice was barely above a whisper. "I don't know how to stop being afraid when you're around. I've been trying. Clark trusts you and I trust him. That should be enough. Shouldn't it?"

"No... I have to earn your trust," Jonathon corrected. "And I'll try to do that. But if I keep making you uncomfortable... just let me know what to do to make it better."

"I wish I knew," Lex said, shaking his head. "The only thing that really makes me feel safe is being in Clark's arms. That's not exactly a feasible solution with you there."

"But we can arrange for Clark to see you more..." Jonathon hedged. "I won't have you boys in pain."

"As long as I keep the bond dimmed Clark won't feel a thing," Lex said. "I don't want to cut into his family time any more than I already am."

"He spoke with me in private about... about spending the nights at your house. To the outside world, it would look like he lives here normally, but he'd use his powers to get between the properties. He was very... adamant."

"He can be quite stubborn when he makes up his mind about something," Lex agreed. "I already told him that was not an option. I won't have him wearing himself out running back and forth and besides that, it's too dangerous. He'd take the same route and eventually someone would see him. He stays here during the week and on every other weekend. I'll make do."

"Neither of us likes the idea of you... making do. I thought we could come to a compromise. You could spend a few nights here and he can spend a few more nights at your house. As for his stubbornness, his mother says he learned it from me."

"I don't doubt that," Lex chuckled. "Maybe we should go back inside and discuss this with Mrs. Kent... with Martha... as well. I wouldn't feel right making any decisions without her input. This is her time with Clark, too."

"Yeah... she does run the house," Jonathon admitted and headed off the porch towards the kitchen. He stepped back and held the door open for Lex. He squeezed the young man's shoulder when Clark and Martha looked up at them worriedly. "Go ahead and sit down, Lex. I'll put some coffee on and we can try to sort this all out."

// Are you alright? // Clark demanded immediately. // I didn't even snoop a little. //

// I'm fine, love. Just a little shell-shocked. Your dad's really trying. And thank you for giving us some privacy. I know it couldn't have been easy for him to say the things he did. // Lex took Clark's hand and held it between his. He smiled at Martha, trying to ease the worry he saw reflected in her eyes. The last thing he ever wanted to do was cause Clark's mother any type of pain.

"Are you alright?" Martha turned to Lex and echoed her son's words.

"I'm... okay," Lex told her. "Just trying to cope with everything."

"Mmmm hmmm," she huffed a little doubtfully and then turned to Jonathon and asked. "Well?"

"Let me get the coffee on, Martha, then we'll all sit down and talk," Jonathan told her without turning around. "I won't have what happened this weekend happen again. Between the four of us we'll find a way to work this out."

"We have to, Dad," Clark said in a very serious tone, squeezing Lex's hand.

"We will, son. Just give Lex a few minutes to get his feet back under him, okay? We had a pretty heavy talk outside." Jonathan returned to the kitchen table and sat down between his wife and son. The coffee pot was gurgling in the background filling the room with a rich scent. No one spoke for a moment, all four of them unsure how to begin.

"You can't take him away from me anymore," Clark finally blurted out. "He belongs to me."

"Clark, don't," Lex admonished gently. "Don't issue ultimatums and expect your parents to back down. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to me. I do belong to you. Body and soul. No one on this earth can take me away from you. Now let's talk about this like adults."

"It wasn't an ultimatum... it was the truth," Clark sulked a little, showing his age again.

"I stand corrected," Lex teased gently. "Why don't we start at the beginning. Have you explained what happened to your folks?"

"About what?" Clark narrowed his eyes a little. // I'm not telling them about our sex life. //

// I'm not asking you to. // Lex scolded. "About this weekend. What happened when we were apart too long."

"I told them being away from me almost killed you," Clark said, his voice tinged with a dark tone.

"I think that's being a little melodramatic," Lex said. "It hurt, I admit. But I don't think I was in any real danger."

"He hid the pain from me, Mom," Clark added, trying to get Martha on his side.

"Why did you do that?" Martha asked, turning to stare at Lex. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because he'd come and take the pain into himself," Lex answered.

"Tell the truth, Lex," Clark told him. "You didn't know I could do that until then. That's not the reason you didn't say anything."

// Then what was the real reason? // Lex asked.

// You didn't want to cut into my time with them. You'd rather lie in bed and suffer than take a chance on pissing off my dad or cutting my time with mom short. Especially after I said I missed her. // "Am I wrong?" Clark asked aloud, wanting his parents to know what Lex had put himself through for all of them.

"No..." Lex said after a moment.

"Lex... what's going on?" Martha asked.

"I was worried about letting you down," Lex mumbled, averting his eyes.

"Letting us down?" Martha repeated. "Lex, sweetie, that's absurd. The only way you could let us down is by hurting Clark. You should have called. We could have changed our plans or you could have come with us."

"That wouldn't have gone over well with Mr. Kent," Lex whispered.

"Lex," Jonathan began then stopped. He knew he had to choose his words carefully. He'd gained some precious ground with Lex today. The wrong words could undo it all, though. "That may well have been the case then. But only because I didn't understand what was happening. I don't want you in pain, son."

"You... you called me son," Lex breathed in utter surprise.

"Well, you are," Jonathan said, his face flushing in embarrassment. He hadn't meant for it to slip out like that but he'd sat and watched this young man hurt as much as he could stand. Every boy needed a father. No matter who they were. "If you were a girl that was marrying Clark you'd be considered my daughter. Just because you're a man shouldn't change that."

"That... means a lot to me," Lex said.

"We got off to a really bad start, Lex," Jonathan continued. "That doesn't mean I'm not man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong about you from the beginning. I'm sorry for that. And I'm proud to have you for a son."

Clark was watching the entire interaction carefully and as it went on, his smile got bigger and bigger. // That doesn't make us brothers. // He teased his lover mentally, hoping it would help ease Lex's nervousness.

Lex burst out laughing, surprising both Jonathan and Martha. "I don't know which one of you he gets his sense of humour from, but it's dreadful," he laughed, wiping his eyes.

"His mother..." Jonathon deadpanned.

"His father..." Martha said at the exactly the same time.

"I see, " Lex said, the age old adage about discretion being the better part of valour coming to mind. He looked around and was pleased to see that everyone was smiling now. Maybe they really could work this out.

"We always wanted another child," Martha said happily. "Now I have two boys to fuss over."

"Mom..." Clark whined, blushing a bit.

"It's okay, love," Lex said. "Let her fuss if it makes her happy."

"It what she lives for," Jonathon said, skittering away as Martha swatted playfully at him.

"So, um, what are we going to do about this?" Clark asked. He was still worried. Lex had been in real pain and Clark couldn't stand the thought of him going through that again just so he could spend time with his folks. He loved his parents but he loved Lex more.

"I was thinking you could spend a few more nights at Lex's, but the evenings here... but we'd have to okay with your mother first," Jonathon started.

Lex sighed. "I still think Clark should be here at night. It's just too risky to have him running back and forth on a daily basis. I know we're talking the middle of the night here, but I still don't like it."

"Then he can take the truck," Martha cut in.

"Martha... he needs to sleep sometime," Lex said. He knew he was venturing into the realm of too much information, but it was the truth. If they thought that he and Clark were merely holding hands and cuddling or sleeping chastely alongside each other, they were very mistaken.

"Well... then you can just start eating supper with us here if you're free," Martha offered, with only a hint of a blush.

"How about this," Lex offered. "Clark comes over after school and I bring him home same as always. I can help him with his chores or homework or whatever and stay for dinner if you like some nights. I don't want you to feel like I'm cutting him out of your lives. And I don't want you to feel that I've become his shadow. You have a right to spend time alone with your son. We can... we can split the weekends as long as I can see him for at least a few minutes every day."

"No... you can stay together on weekends, too," Martha said. She remembered what it was like to be young and in love. "As long as Clark does his chores and still see his friends."

"That's not very fair to you," Lex said softly. "And in all honesty, it's not very fair to Clark. He may not think it now, but one day I don't want him looking back on this and hating me for taking him away from you. Maybe we could alternate where we stay on the weekends. We don't necessarily have to... have sex... as long as we can just be close."

Jonathon couldn't help but wince at the mention of sex and Martha made a startled sound, but quickly regained her composure. Clark on the other hand was fuming. "No one asked me what I wanted."

"I was wondering when you were going to say something," Lex said, ignoring the anger in his lover's tone. "So tell us, Clark, what do you want?"

"I want you," Clark answered, like it was the solution to all of their problems.

"You have me," Lex said, understanding that this was quite a lot for any sixteen year old to deal with. Even one as amazing as Clark. "But perhaps you could elaborate on what that means to you. I think your parents are a little unclear."

Clark sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. "I want to be grown up and be with you all the time."

"Well, unless you've mastered time travel, the grown up thing will just have to wait," Lex said. "So will the being together all the time. You have high school and college to get through. Don't even start, Clark. You are going to college. That is not open for discussion. But what about what your parents and I have discussed? Do you like it? Hate it? What?"

"I want to spend time with all of you," Clark answered petulantly.

"That's what we're trying to work out," Lex said, his patience seemingly endless where Clark was concerned. If it were anybody else he'd have told them to can the pout long ago. // Quit being difficult, love. You're getting what you want. We'll be together more. //

// It'll never be enough. // Clark complained. // I always wonder what you're doing or who you're with when I'm away from you. I just want to be with you... keep an eye on you. Just be with you. //

"It can be enough it we make it that way," Lex said aloud for the benefit of Clark's parents. "Clark, life is rarely, if ever, fair. You know it hurts me to be away from you, too. The bond compels me as much as it does you. But I won't be a slave to it. I won't allow you to be either."

"It would be easier if we all lived together," Clark suggested hopefully.

"When you turn 18 that's actually an option. Until then, no. You are not even going to ask your parents to give up their home to live at the castle. And me moving in here while you're still a minor is begging for trouble. If you actually think my father is going to take me walking away from all things Luthor lying down, you are sadly mistaken. We can't afford to give him something this big to use against us."

"Then I guess we don't have a choice," Clark sighed.

"We have all sorts of choices. The trick is to make the right ones," Lex said. "For now, this is the best choice for us. He'd have you taken away in a heartbeat, Clark. Just to hurt me and to hurt your parents for daring to take me in. We can't take that kind of chance. But that doesn't mean that I can't start spending more time over here. People will talk, of course, but I think Mr. Kent and I can handle the majority of that."

"Didn't you know that you're interesting in getting into the organic food market?" Jonathon added with a sly smile.

"As I said, your father and I can handle the rumourmongers," Lex laughed. "And he's big enough that most of the people in this town aren't going to give him grief even if they don't believe him."

"And the Kent clan has always been a little odd," Martha added. "So we'll be able to get away with more than the average family."

"You do know you're welcome at the castle any time, right?" Lex asked, wanting to make sure these people understood that they were becoming just as much his family as he was theirs.

"Well... of course," Martha answered hurriedly. "But it's just so... big."

"Don't forget intimidating, creepy and excessive in the extreme," Lex said. "Believe me, I understand. It's really the closest I've ever come to a place feeling like a home, though."

"Well we understand roots," Jonathon nodded.

"But just think of all that dusting..." Martha was still stuck on the size of the place.

"But I am giving somebody a job," Lex quipped. "Well, several somebodies actually. You're right, though. I think the only reason it feels like home at all is because of Clark. Even before this whole business with the bond Clark made it feel like more than just an exceptionally drafty hotel."

"Well... you always have a home here with us," Martha offered. "No matter where you two settle."

"Thank you," Lex replied, truly touched by the generosity Martha continually showed him. "And don't worry. We won't settle far. It's either here, Metropolis or Gotham. I want him close to his family and friends." Lex frowned a bit as he said the last. Clark's friends. That was something else he worried about a great deal. Just how were they going to take it when they eventually found out about them?

// They'll be jealous. // Clark insisted.

"Lex, what is it?" Jonathan asked, sensing the sudden shift in the young man.

"Clark is being delusional again," Lex murmured. "That's all."

"No, I'm not," Clark said. "They will be jealous, Lex."

"Perhaps, but I think I'm the one they'll be jealous of," Lex replied. "They're not going to like me cutting into your time with them. They'd be jealous if it was anyone, but when they find out it's me..."

"They'll learn to understand or they won't be my friends anymore," Clark said. "They're not like me. They're kids."

"Clark, you're still a kid, too," Martha said gently. "I know you're growing up fast, honey. Just try not to grow up too fast, okay. Your mom can't keep up."

"I may be a kid... but I don't have a choice not to grow up. This is what I am. I only wish I understood it," Clark said quietly.

"You're understanding more every day," Lex said. "If you want, I can help you try to figure some things out. It's up to you."

"There's no one who can answer questions about what I am," Clark said sadly, shaking his head.

"No, I suppose there's not," Lex admitted. "But, Clark, you have a opportunity that no one else has. You can be anything you want to be. It doesn't matter what your people were or where you came from. You are whatever you decide to be. I will always be Lionel Luthor's son. Nothing, no matter how much I might wish it, can change that."

"But I just want to be your... mate and my parent's son," Clark said, his eyes impossibly large and frightened.

"Shhh... easy, love," Lex soothed, responding to the duress in Clark immediately. "That's all you ever have to be. Their son and my soul. Nothing more, if that's what you want. I love you so much, Clark. I hate all the pressure this is putting on you."

"I can take it... just promise me you'll never lie to me about being in pain again," Clark begged.

"Agreed. As long as you promise to give me some say so about this healing ability of yours," Lex said.

"Healing ability?" Martha piped up.

"He can take my pain away," Lex explained. "But to do that, he has to take it into himself. He does heal it faster than I could ever hope to, I will give him that, but in the interim he has to experience that pain. That's the part I'm having a problem with."

"But it works!" Clark protested quickly.

"Yes, it does. Amazingly well, in fact," Lex agreed. "But seeing you in pain is like a knife in the heart to me. Especially when I know it's my fault."

"Mom... tell him I'm right," Clark begged, hoping Lex would listen to his mother.

"Sweetheart, I want you to listen to me now, okay?" Martha began. "I know how you feel. If I had it in me to take away your father's pain, I'd do it. Even if it meant I had to feel that pain myself. But think about something. What if I could do that for you? And then what if I did and all you could was watch me hurt? How would that make you feel?"

"But you can't do it..." Clark protested. "And if you could, I wouldn't want you to."

"Exactly my point," Martha said. "You wouldn't want me to hurt simply to ease your pain. Especially if it wasn't anything too serious. Can't you see that Lex feels the same way? It hurts him to know he's causing you pain. Hurts him inside in ways that you can't fix."

"I know but I can't not do it..." Clark tried to make them understand. "It would kill me."

"Clark, I'm not asking you to stop completely," Lex said. "Just ask me first. Let me agree to it. I know how much it means to you to do this for me. Just... there are sometimes... I want to feel the pain."

"You don't understand..." Clark was getting more agitated. "I can't let you be in pain. It would kill me."

"Okay," Lex said, willing to let it go for the time being. He couldn't really explain himself in front of Clark's parents. The last thing they wanted to hear was intimate details of his and Clark's sex life. Still, this conversation was far from over.

"Lex... the bond won't let me let you suffer," Clark tried to explain when he felt Lex humouring him. "Even if you got better... it would punish me for letting you suffer when I could have done something about it."

"It's alright, Clark. We'll let it go for now," Lex said. "I can't exactly explain myself at the moment. Maybe you'll understand better when I do."

"Exactly how strong is this bond?" Jonathon asked carefully.

"I'm not sure," Lex replied. "I don't think Clark is either. Perhaps if you narrowed the question down a bit more we could be of more help."

"How much are Clark's powers affecting you?" Martha clarified.

"That's hard to say," Lex stalled a bit. "You know about the separation problems. I'm hoping over time that will calm down some. I think it's got more to do with the bond being new than anything else. At least I hope so. I don't like the thought of Clark being chained to my side. I also have... urges... I guess you could say. Part of how I found out about Clark's healing ability was due to that."

"Lex..." Clark whined and blushed.

"She asked," Lex defended then turned back to Martha. "How much of this do you want to know? Am I behaving differently since the bond? Yes. If you want to know the specifics I can give them to you."

"No... no... that's alright," Martha said hastily. "As long as everything is normal. If there're any problems... we can talk about it then. I can be a cool mom if I have to."

"You are already the most amazing lady I have ever met," Lex told her. "As for problems, I don't suppose it would qualify as a problem, per se. Especially given Clark's healing ability. But it is a rather radical change from my usual behaviour with a lover. I guess I'm still trying to sort through it all myself."

"Stop..." Clark cut in. "I will not talk about sex with my parents. Neither will you. That's just... yuck!"

"Clark, while I agree that discussing sex with my son's lover is a bit... uncomfortable," Jonathan began, blushing furiously. "Lex wouldn't have brought it up if he didn't need to talk about it. Trust me, son. The last thing Lex wants to do is talk about his sex life with me and your mom."

"C'mon guys... stop it," Clark tried to cut in. "Really. I'm fine. He's fine. Everything's fine."

"Alright, love," Lex capitulated. "We won't talk about it."

"Just be careful..." Martha added, referring to everything.

"Mooom..." Clark whined.

"Lex..." Jonathan hesitated. He took a deep breath and looked at the young man squarely. "Why don't you and I take a walk for a few minutes?"

"You've already spent too much time alone with Lex," Clark prickled.

Ignoring Clark, Jonathan kept his gaze on Lex. "If you need to talk about something I want you to know I'm here for you. You seem to be handling this the best out of all of us, but that doesn't mean that you don't have concerns of your own you're dealing with. I'd like to help, if I can."

"Thank you, Mr. Kent," Lex replied, more than a little taken aback. "I'll... keep that in mind."

"Lex..." Martha said, uncertainly. "Do you always do that?"

"Do what?" Lex asked confused.

"Give in to Clark," she explained softly.

"He doesn't do that!" Clark almost shouted before his lover could respond. "Do you, Lex?"

Lex looked away. He wasn't sure how to respond without upsetting Clark. He didn't want to lie to these people, though. "Sometimes," he hedged, knowing it was actually a lot closer to all of the time.

// Lex? That isn't true is it? // Clark asked mentally, becoming distressed. Lex had never said anything about being unhappy before.

// Clark, calm down. I'm not unhappy. I love you and I love what we have together. Okay? // Lex stroked Clark's hand as he spoke to him over the bond. He hated when Clark got upset about things. Especially about things that concerned him. It was why he had tried to choose his words so carefully.

"You're giving in to him now," Martha noted quietly. She had raised her son better than to dominate a relationship unfairly. Of course, he was only sixteen and teenagers weren't always known for being that fair or rational. Maybe with a little time the relationship would equal out and Clark would grow up a bit, but in the meantime, she would step in like any good new mother-in-law.

"I suppose I am," Lex said, running his hand over his head like he always did when he was nervous or frustrated. "But it's not that big of a deal. Can you say you don't do the same thing with Mr. Kent?"

"No... only in the little things to make him think he's won," Martha said.

"Is that so different from this?" Lex asked. Truth be told, it was one of the things he'd wanted to talk about, this desire inside him to give in, to back down whenever Clark opposed him. It scared him. He was Lex Luthor and he'd never backed down from anyone or anything in his life. Now, suddenly, he couldn't say no.

"Lex and I are going to have a little talk now," Martha informed the men. "Jonathon... Clark... go wait outside."

"Mom?" Clark whispered, suddenly scared.

"Come on, son," Jonathan said. "We'll be right outside if he needs you."

"It's alright, sweetie," Martha said in a softer tone to her son. "Lex and I are just going to have a talk his mother would have had with him before getting married."

"Lex... I'm sorry... " Clark said. "I didn't mean to..."

"Clark, stop," Lex said. "You have nothing to be sorry for. If you don't want me to talk to your mom, I won't."

"You certainly will, young man," Martha corrected. "Now the two of you... shoo!"

Lex watched as Jonathan ushered Clark toward the door. Suddenly, Clark pulled free of Jonathan's grip and raced back to Lex. "I love you," he said as he kissed his mate hungrily. Forcing himself to let Lex go, Clark let his father lead him outside leaving his mom and his lover alone in the kitchen.

"Kent men are stubborn," Martha said. "Among other things."

"Yes, ma'am," Lex replied, his lips still tingling from Clark's kiss. They normally tried to downplay things around his folks. Being kissed like that in the middle of their kitchen with both of them watching had set Lex's head spinning.

"And they require special handling," Martha continued. She remembered being literally swept off her feet by Jonathon more than once. And with his strength, Clark could do that to Lex if she didn't teach him how to control Clark. She didn't think she'd have to have this conversation for years yet, or that it would be with a man, but she could adapt.

"I can handle Clark," Lex said. "He would never do anything to hurt me. You have to know that."

"I know he couldn't hurt you physically," Martha agreed. "But he can hurt you mentally. He was raised by us and gifted with the Kent temper. Like his father, he likes to get his way."

"So what do you suggest I do?" Lex asked. "You have to know this isn't like me. You think Kents are used to getting their way? Try Luthors. But... I can't tell him no."

"Well, you'll just have to learn. If you don't nip this in the bud now, then you can expect the rest of your life to be like this, Luthor or not."

"Would that really be so bad? I mean, I'd have Clark. I can think of quite a few worse ways to spend my life, even if I do end up catering to his every whim."

"Alexander..." Martha said in a warning tone. "That's not a relationship. That's slavery."

"So tell me how to change it, Martha," Lex said, the tone of his voice making it clear that he truly had no idea how to even start. "All I seem able to do is... submit... to him. How do I change that?"

"Tell him no and mean it," Martha said simply. "Cater to him. Love him. But say no when you have to."

"Martha, you don't understand. I can't," Lex said, growing agitated. "Don't you think I've tried? I have managed it a few times, but only when it's been over you and Mr. Kent. I think then that was more self-preservation than anything."

"Is it the bond?" she asked quietly, an idea popping into her head.

"It has to be," Lex sighed, defeated. "And I won't risk damaging that. If this bond demands that I play the woman for him for the rest of my life, I'll do it. He means too much for me to take the chance on losing him."

"Lex..." Martha said carefully. "You're relationship with Clark... it's not equal... in the bedroom?"

"Um, no," Lex replied succinctly, flushing slightly at discussing this with Martha of all people. When he thought about it, though, who better to discuss being a wife with than his mother-in-law.

"Well..." Martha hedged. "Wouldn't it make sense that to make the bond equal... influence it... you should make things equal?"

"Martha, do you understand what you're saying?" Lex asked. "I really don't think that would be a good idea. Mr. Kent... "

"Answers to me," Martha clarified with a little smile. She had to be so careful with this boy. "You can't let Clark get his way all the time. He's a good boy, but he's only sixteen. You're the older more responsible one."

"Yes, which is why I'm in no hurry to relieve Clark of the last of his virginity," Lex said. "Please forgive me for using such crude language, but do you really think fucking your son is going to make anything better?"

Martha coughed, getting flustered at Lex's language, but then told herself it was only a defence mechanism. "I don't know anything about gay relationships, but I assume they're like ours. You're not..." her voice lowered to a whisper. "...fucking. You're making love."

"Yes, ma'am," Lex agreed. "But it was the easiest word to use to make you understand what I was talking about. In every relationship I've had before, I was the top. Now, I'm suddenly the exclusive bottom and it frightens me a bit. I just don't see how... penetrating Clark is going to fix anything."

"I've never... had this problem," Martha coughed again. "And if that kind of... behaviour... made you happy, then I would say keep at it. But you're not happy. You're scared and giving in. Things have to change so that you're happy."

"I'm happier than I've ever been in my life, Mom," Lex told her. "I may be scared of all the changes happening in my life but don't ever think I'm not happy. Like I said, I love Clark. I'll do whatever I have to make him happy."

"But you need to make yourself happy," Martha added. She was touched that Lex had called her mom. "If you're miserable, that won't make Clark happy."

"I'm not miserable," Lex assured her. "I do want that with Clark, you know, but... I'm scared. Mr. Kent barely tolerates me most of the time. I don't want to think about how this might damage the fragile understanding we've come to. And... I'm not altogether sure the bond will let me. Maybe it's engineered so that whomever Clark is with is the submissive."

"No... no... I don't think so," Martha shook her head. "Everything about Clark has been about him helping other people. I think his... people were good by nature. I still think its because you haven't completed the bond fully... It might just be me, but Clark still appears to be a little edgy."

"I've noticed that," Lex said thoughtfully. "He even asked me the other day if he was doing something wrong because I hadn't seemed interested in taking him at all. Do you really think it might help?"

"I would never advise anyone to "take" my baby boy," Martha said, trying to stay focused and rational. "But... I think if you... made love to each other and whatever came out of that... might help, yes."

"We make love every chance we get. Just because I'm on the bottom doesn't mean Clark isn't making love to me. But perhaps if I took a more aggressive role rather than egging on his own aggressiveness it might help. I certainly doubt if it could hurt to at least try it."

"Right... well... trying something new can't hurt, can it now?" Martha was controlling her breathing.

"Mom?" Lex asked, concerned he had overstepped himself. Parents did not usually want to know the intimate details of their children's lives. Clark's parents were no exception.

"Oh... I'm alright, sweetie," Martha waved her hand like she was unconcerned and took a deep breath. "It's all part of the birds and the bees and we knew we'd have to talk to Clark about that sooner... should have been sooner rather than later obviously, but never mind. Just give me a little time to get used to these new exotic birds and bees."

"I don't mean to go into more detail than you really want," Lex said, blushing a bit when he realized what all he had said to his mother-in-law. "I just... there's no one I can really talk to about this. No one I can trust enough. Um, can I ask you a really personal question?"

"Of course... there's nothing you can't ask... that's what we've always told Clark and it applies to you, too," Martha rushed out. "Whether or not you'll get a lucid answer is a whole other matter."

"Thanks," Lex smiled, then took a deep breath. "Has Mr. Kent ever done anything... in the bedroom... that you didn't like?"

"Oh..." Martha took another deep breath. "Maybe... when we were first going out."

"How did you handle it?"

"This might sound foolish... but I didn't really know what I liked," Martha said, feeling her skin redden, which was embarrassing at her age. "But we actually have a lot in common with you and Clark. Jonathon might have been from Smallville, but he was more... experienced than me. It took me a little while to tell him to back off. Kent men are aggressive when they see something they want. My mother-in-law had this same talk with me the night Jonathon proposed. Maybe not as... graphic, but you're not the first one to deal with it."

"If I tell Clark anything like that I'll hurt him," Lex said. "He's pretty sensitive about stuff like that. The first time he kissed me, I had to really work to get him to back off. I upset him so badly he didn't want to come near me afterwards. If I hadn't been able to play the injury card we might not be having this conversation right now."

"We've always told Clark to be careful with others," Martha clarified. "Jonathon really drilled it into the boy. And Clark has always been sensitive. It's who he his. Even though he could snap us in half, he needs us to protect him."

"I know. I don't ever want to see that sick look on his face when he'd thought he'd hurt me or pushed me too far," Lex said.

"Then you have to learn how to reign him in a bit," Martha said. "He's still too young and stubborn to let run wild."

"I'll do my best," Lex told her. "I know I let him have his way but I won't let him hurt himself. I give you my word."

"Let me give you a few words of wisdom..." Martha suggested. "It's all right to indulge and it's hard not to because he's a sweet boy, but don't spoil him. And like I said, he's so sensitive that he's willing to put himself before others."

"Thanks, Mom," Lex smiled. "I'll try to keep that in mind. I still have the truck, you know. I've been saving it for him. When he turns 18 I'm giving him the keys."

Martha shook her head and smiled affectionately. "Well... the spoiling part just went in one ear and out the other."

"Oh no, I heard it. Why do you think I'm waiting until he's 18 and keeping the original truck? If I was spoiling him, I'd get him a Porsche."

"Of course, Alexander," Martha smirked. "I'm sure it has nothing to do with sentimentality. Knowing Clark, he'll keep that thing because you gave it to him and run it into the ground, just like his father."

Lex threw back his head and laughed. "That does sound like Clark. Martha... thank you. I know talking to me like this couldn't have been easy for you. Like I said, it's been a long time since I had a mom. I've missed it."

"I'll always be here for you," Martha said sincerely. "And it's nice to see you putting your foot down on him not listening in to private conversations. It's a start. Oh... do you want some leftovers?"

"That's okay. Save them for Clark. With as much energy as he's burned off pacing, he'll need them."

Martha tsked. "I hope we don't have to replace the floor boards on the porch again."

"No, they're fine," Lex assured her. "I've been monitoring him. Like you said, he's still very young. Sometimes emotions can get the best of you. I didn't want Mr. Kent getting blindsided."

Martha actually laughed. "A moody teenager is nothing compared to a temper tantrum of a little child with super strength. I think Jonathon can handle the rolling eyes and heavy sighs if he can duck from a flying tractor."

"I can see your point. Still, Clark can be a bit on the irrational side where I'm concerned these days. I don't like to take chances with people I care about."

"Alright, we'd best get out there then," Martha said, smiling to herself when she noted that Lex had included Jonathon in the category of people he cared about."

They walked out onto the porch and Lex was immediately engulfed in a pair of strong arms. He worked his own arms out from between them and wrapped them around his clinging lover. He simply held the younger man, letting his love and support flow across the bond.

// You wouldn't let me in. // Clark whined mentally, his face buried against Lex's shoulder.

// I didn't think the conversation was one you really wanted to share. I talked about sex. With your mom. //

// I don't like it when you shut me out. // Clark continued, ignoring Lex's rationale.

// I know you don't. I'm sorry. // Lex ran his hands up and down Clark's back, soothing his lover with his touch. He wished this wasn't a school night so Clark could come home with him. Instead they'd have to make do with a few stolen hours until the weekend. Then, though, Lex planned on indulging himself fully and perhaps taking the last step in their relationship.

// Really? // Clark brightened immediately and seemed to be somewhat pacified as his grip on Lex loosened somewhat.

// Really. But... don't get mad if I chicken out. I still have some... reservations. //

// It's alright. // Clark answered, the bond flickering a little. // You don't have to. //

"Clark, I want this," Lex said aloud. Sometimes when Clark heard him the words seemed to sink in a bit more. "I want you. Very, very much. Just... be patient with me."

"Sure, Lex," Clark whispered back. He kissed Lex's cheek and pulled away. // But I won't hold my breath. I'm okay with what you can give me. //

"I love you," Lex said, grabbing Clark by the arm to keep him from leaving. "Please... don't doubt that now."

"You know I don't," Clark said. "I just doubt if I'm worth the trouble."

"You're worth more to me than anything on this planet. Didn't I tell you before I'd do anything for you? Didn't I tell you I'd jump off the roof of the castle if it was what you really wanted?"

"Lex, you're just worked up," Clark chided.

"Was I worked up when I said it before?" Lex asked, suddenly very serious. "I. Love. You. There is nothing I won't do for you."

"Alright, Lex. I. Believe. You. Love. Me," Clark answered with mock confidence. He didn't know why he felt so vulnerable or insecure all the time.

"Clark, you know, this mind-reading thing... it goes both ways," Lex deadpanned.

"What?" Clark said. "Was I broadcasting? I've been trying to control that."

"You might want to keep working on it," Lex told him. // Now tell me what's bothering you. Is it just that I'm nervous about taking you? //

"I'll walk you to the car," Clark said in a low voice, warily eyeing his parents. He grabbed Lex's wrist and began to pull him off the porch without letting Lex say good-bye.

Jonathan started to move forward, not liking the way Clark was manhandling Lex, but Martha stopped him. She knew both the boys were still pretty tense and she knew in her heart that Clark would never do anything to hurt Lex. Still, she and Jonathan were going to have to have a talk with him soon.

"They've been hogging you all night," Clark grumbled under his breath, quickening his stride.

"They're just worried about you," Lex told him, hurrying to keep up without stumbling.

"But I was away from you," Clark said in exasperation.

"You're right," Lex agreed, wondering just how much he really did give in to Clark. "But we're together now."

When Clark reached the car he carefully manoeuvred Lex against the side of the Porsche and half pinned against the machine. "Lex?" Clark asked in a low sexy voice.

"Yeah?" Lex replied, his body responding immediately to the sound of Clark's voice. He could feel his cock hardening in his pants and he was glad that Clark had drug him away from the porch before doing this.

"I was thinking I could sneak away for a few hours tonight..." Clark whispered, his thigh beginning to rub against Lex's crotch. "I could come visit you and..."

"No," Lex told him. "You know you're supposed to be home on school nights. I'll keep till tomorrow."

"C'mon, Lex," Clark cajoled, his hand sneaking to Lex's hip and caressing gently like he knew Lex loved. "We both want it. Please?"

"God, Clark..." Lex breathed. "It's not safe for you to constantly run back and forth to the castle. Please, baby..."

"I want you..." Clark whispered, his hand moving a little lower to grab Lex's ass. "I could come in a few hours as soon as mom and dad are asleep. They don't have to know about tonight."

"T-tell them..." Lex ground out, unable to fight the bond and Clark both. "T-tell them you-your coming to see me. That... that I said it was okay."

"Mmm..." Clark hummed happily and gave a Lex a quick peck on the cheek, patting his ass affectionately. "Thank you for giving me what I want."

"Like I had a choice," Lex muttered, quickly sliding into the car and gunning the engine.

// But you still love me anyways. // Clark sing-songed in his head, heading back to the porch with a smile on his face.

Lex didn't reply, merely gave the car a bit more gas determined to get back to the castle. Now that it had been pointed out to him, he could see how he was letting Clark manipulate him. Still, there wasn't much he could do about it. Well, actually there was, but there wasn't much he was willing to do about it. He loved Clark. If that meant letting the younger man walk all over him, then he'd live with it.

A few minutes later, Clark walked up to Martha and asked, "Hey mom, can I spend a few hours over at Lex's tonight. He said it was okay."

"If Lex said it was okay then yes, you can go," Martha said, cutting off Jonathan before he could protest. "But first, we'd like to have a talk with you."

"Mooom..." Clark whined and rolled his eyes. "I thought we talked enough for today."

"I would have agreed with you if I hadn't just watch you force Lex into agreeing to let you come over tonight," Martha replied. "Don't even try to deny it. We could tell he was telling you no from here. You kept pushing him until he changed his mind. And son, using sex to get what you want is not a very nice thing to do to anyone, but it's particularly cruel to do it to someone you profess to love. Now come inside. Your father and I want to talk to you."

"I didn't do anything..." Clark started to protest immediately.

"Clark Jerome Kent, get your butt inside now!" Martha nearly shouted.

Clark opened his mouth to protest his innocence again, but Jonathan stopped him. "Son, just go inside. Trust me, you do not want to get on her bad side right now. It's gonna be okay. We just want to have a little talk with you. You can go and see Lex once we've had our say."

Clark shut his mouth and stomped into the house, flopping down onto the couch in the living room. "You're wrong," was all he said sullenly.

"Am I?" Martha replied calmly. "Are you saying you didn't use sex to get Lex to agree to let you come over tonight?"

"Ahhh...." Clark gapped like a fish. "No."

"But you don't see anything wrong with using sex to blackmail Lex into giving in to you?" Martha pressed, purposely using the harshest terms she could.

"It wasn't like that," Clark protested.

"Then what was it like? Because it sure looked like that from the porch. But maybe I didn't see correctly. Maybe I didn't see my son holding his lover against his car and teasing him until he agreed to his demands. Please, Clark, by all means, explain what it really was I saw."

"Lex doesn't mind..." Clark said, shaking his head in denial. "It's not dirty like you make it sound."

"I'm not trying to make it sound dirty," Martha said, her voice softening a bit. "I don't think it's dirty at all. And I know Lex would never object. That's part of the problem. Lex won't object to anything you do. No matter how out of bounds it is. Clark, if Lex were a girl and you'd done what you did at the car, would you have considered that appropriate?"

"Girls do it all the time to guys," Clark shot back defensively. "Guys like it."

"Son, would you really like it if Lana came up to you and got you all hot and bothered just to get something she wanted?" Jonathan asked. "And it's a bit different when it's a girl doing that to a guy. Most times the guy can walk away if he wants to. She can't hold him there against his will. You had Lex pinned to the car, son. He couldn't have gotten away if he'd tried."

"Are you saying I was going to rape him? Or that I'm just a slut?" Clark said in a low whisper, his eyes beginning to tear.

"Clark, first off, neither of us think you're a slut," Martha told her son. "If I had truly thought you were going to hurt Lex, I'd have come over there and stopped it. I know you would never do anything to hurt him. You love him too much. And you could never rape him. Lex would give in long before you ever had to resort to force. He loves you that much."

"But how else am I supposed to get what I want?" Clark snapped, his emotions taking over.

"Why do you suddenly think you're supposed to get everything you want?" Jonathan snapped back. "You think I get everything I want with Martha? Or that your mother does with me? Granted, she gets most things she wants but she would never use sex to force me into agreeing to something when I thought differently. It's blackmail, Clark, plain and simple. I thought I raised you better than that."

"I can't live like this... not for much longer..." Clark shot to his feet. "I only want one thing. I only want the bond to be complete. I've tried everything but it's like having a thousand voices whispering in my mind telling me to finish it. And do you know how hard it is know the person you love doesn't want you?"

"Oh Clark, he does want you," Martha assured him. "He's just scared. You're still so young. He doesn't want to take away what he sees as the last of your innocence. It's not because he doesn't want you."

"Tell that to the bond," Clark spat. "It's like I'm some sort of fucking animal who can't control himself."

"Clark!" Jonathan snapped. He didn't use that sort of language and he wasn't about to allow his son to speak that way in front of his mother.

"Jonathan, no, let it go," Martha broke in. "He needs to get his frustrations out. If he can do that with some coarse language then I'll deal with it. Better that than he go to Lex like this. We have got to find a way to help them, Jon. Preferably before Lex gets hurt."

"He would have been better off if he'd never met me," Clark said in a defeated voice, his anger draining from him when he realized his mother though he might hurt Lex. "And I've already hurt him. It's too late for that. I want you to promise me something. Find some meteor rock. If you think I'm going to hurt Lex, use it on me."

"And have Lex show up here with a shotgun of his own, I don't think so," Jonathan said. "Son, if you don't think that man will fight for you with his last breath, you're blind. He's as devoted to you as you are to him. I might not have been able to see that before but I can certainly see it now."

"We know you're not going to hurt Lex," Martha said. "That was a poor choice of words on my part. Lex trusts you implicitly. So do we. I just don't like the idea of some bond driving the two of you to do things. You should be able to choose for yourselves."

"And you think I like being some alien freak?" Clark gave a short, startled laugh.

"You're not a freak," Jonathan said sternly. "You're our son. Nothing else matters."

"Clark... what did you mean when you said you'd already hurt Lex?" Martha asked, picking up on what her son had said earlier. Something inside her screamed at her to keep her mouth shut, but she had to know.

"I hurt him, mom. I just needed him so bad..." Clark said, the pain raw in his voice.

"Hurt him how, sweetie?" she asked as she pulled her son down beside her and held him.

"I took him too hard and fast," Clark finally choked out.

"Oh Clark," Martha gasped, pulling her son to her tighter. This was exactly what she had been afraid of. The bond was demanding so much but Clark was still just a boy. He didn't have the self-control that a man did. She could only imagine what it must have been like for him when he realized that he'd hurt the one person he loved the most.

"Mom..." Clark wept openly now, clinging to his mother like a small child. "That's why I healed, Lex. Because I was the one who hurt him. I'm turning into a monster."

The sound of the phone ringing startled all three of them. Jonathan patted his son's back as he went to answer it. He hated seeing Clark like this but if the boy recognized the potential for harm then he'd be more careful. Still, no man liked to see his child crying. Taking a calming breath, Jonathan picked up the receiver. He didn't get a chance to speak before the voice on the other end snarled in his ear.

"Put him on the phone NOW," Lex demanded hotly as he jerked the car over onto the shoulder of the road.

"Now's not a good time," Jonathon tried to reason with Lex. He hated to admit, but maybe this scene was necessary. Maybe they needed to scare Clark so much that he'd be careful.

"Whatever you are doing to him, just stop," Lex said, tears welling in his eyes as he spoke. "Please... please just let me talk to him. You're killing him."

"He needs to hear this," Jonathon stuck to his guns. "Sometimes people need tough love."

"And if I even think it he'll be out of there before you can blink," Lex said. "Put him on the phone."

Jonathon sighed and nudged Clark in the shoulder with the cordless. "It's Lex."

Clark took the phone with shaking hands, not sure if he wanted to face the man on the other end, even over a telephone. "Lex?" he said shakily, wondering why his lover had bothered to use the phone in the first place.

"Clark, listen to me. Whatever they're saying to upset you, don't listen to it," Lex said in a panic. When he felt Clark start to get upset, he'd tried to ignore it, knowing his parents were probably talking to him. But the more upset Clark had become the less Lex had been able to simply push it aside. By the time he'd tried to talk to Clark over the bond, his lover didn't seem to be able to hear him.

"They know... they know what I did to you," Clark whispered. He was in so much emotional pain that the bond had recoiled, trying to protect him, even though he fought it contacting Lex.

"You didn't do anything to me I didn't want you to do," Lex said. "Remember? I told you I wanted it that way. You didn't hurt me, baby. You could never hurt me. I know... I know they're just trying to look out for both of us, but you have to calm down, okay?"

"They said I take advantage of you. Manipulate you to get what I want," Clark mumbled. "I didn't know, Lex. I just wanted to finish the bond. I'm... so... so sorry."

"I'm coming back there right now," Lex said through clenched teeth. "You're coming to the castle with me tonight. I'll deal with your folks tomorrow."

"No, Lex. They're right," Clark said, sniffling. "I acted like a slut trying to get what I wanted. I shouldn't have done that. I won't do it again. I swear. I'll spend tonight here... out in the barn."

"No, you won't," Lex said. "You're coming home with me where you belong. We can move you into the castle like you said. I won't have them making you feel this way. I won't let them hurt you."

"No, Lex," Clark said softly. "My dad was right. I needed to hear this. I just need some time alone to face up to what I did like a man."

"If it's what you want, I won't push it," Lex said. "Just... don't be too hard on yourself. You haven't done anything wrong. Now put your dad back on the phone. Oh and, Clark, don't listen in."

"Yes, Lex," Clark agreed passively. "I'm sorry again. I will make it up to you." Clark handed the phone to his father and stumbled to his feet. "I'll be out in barn."

Lex counted to ten in Latin as he waited for Jonathan Kent to get on the phone. As soon as he heard the other man's voice, he attacked. "How could you?" he demanded hotly. "I trusted you! How could you do that to him? He's just a kid. He's trying the best he can. He doesn't need you making him feel like shit!"

"Now he knows," Jonathon answered simply in a calm voice.

"You bastard!" Lex raged. "I told her... I told her I'd rather spend the rest of my life as his bitch than take a chance on hurting him. God... why did you have to hurt him like that?"

"Tough love sometimes is the best medicine," Jonathon ground out. "We don't like hurting him, but it's not something he should be allowed to get away with."

"He's sorry, okay? He didn't mean it," Lex gasped, fighting to get the words out past the tears that poured down his face. "He's doing the best he can. Christ, don't you understand I feel everything he does?"

"Yes and this is best for both of you," Jonathon insisted. "He'll get over it eventually and be a better man for it. If he's going to be as good as married, it's time he grew up."

"Please," Lex begged, knowing he wasn't going to budge the other man. "He's so scared right now. Don't leave him alone out there, okay?"

"I'll go and check on him," Jonathon conceded. "It's for the best. Trust us."

"It would appear I have little choice in that regard," Lex said, hiding behind a shield of words as he so often did. "I'm begging you, don't let that trust be misplaced." With that, Lex hung up the phone. He tried to get through to Clark again, but the bond was still blocked. He knew he could break through if need be, but he wasn't sure how painful that might be for Clark. The best thing he could do would be to give his lover the time he needed to calm down. Tomorrow was soon enough to try to work this all out.

Tonight he just wanted to get home and fall into a dreamless sleep and wait for the morning. He pulled the Porsche into garage, getting out and slamming the door behind him. He stumbled into the house and made his way in a semi-daze.

"Well, Lex, how nice of you to show up," Lionel said, catching his son off guard as he walked into the study.

"Shit..." Lex spat, turning around to see his father sitting in his chair with his feet on Lex's desk. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to have a talk with my son," Lionel said, pushing back from the desk and getting to his feet. "It seems that even in Smallville you can manage to run amok. I can't believe you were actually stupid enough to enter into a relationship with an underage farm hand."

Lex's eyes narrowed and laughed. "Since when do you listen to the rumours?"

"Only when they come from reliable sources. Trust me, Lex, this source is very reliable. Now, I want you to put a stop to this immediately. Do I make myself clear?" Lionel came out from around the desk as he spoke. He didn't stop until he was standing directly in front of his son, using his greater height to an advantage and actually looming over him.

Lex wanted to spit in his father's face and tell him to fuck off, but he knew discretion for Clark's safety was called for. "And you came all the way from Metropolis to tell me this? Since when have you taken interest in my love life... if these rumours were even true."

Lionel's hand shot out, catching Lex completely off guard. The blow to the face nearly knocked him off his feet and Lex staggered back. "You will not disobey me," Lionel hissed. "You are to stop fucking this boy at once. Do you have any idea the kind of trouble this could cause if you get caught?"

"Like you fucking care?" Lex spat out, his hand on his stinging face.

Lionel closed the few steps between them and grabbed his son by the throat. "I don't give a shit who you fuck, boy, but you will not drag my name through the mud. This is Kansas, Lex. He's in high school, for fuck's sake!"

"He's sixteen years old, if you want to know exactly," Lex said. "And the most beautiful person I've met since you drove my mother to her death."

"Don't you dare even speak of her, you little prick," Lionel raged, his hand tightening on Lex's throat. "At least your mother had the good sense to die rather than sully the Luthor name."

"She only smiled in those last few months once she was dead," Lex continued with malice. "Just happy to get away from you, I guess."

"More like happy to finally be free of a worthless freak of a son," Lionel spat back, knowing just what to say to cut Lex the deepest. "You will stop seeing this boy. Do you understand me? If I have to, Lex, I will fix it so you can never fuck again. Is that really what you'd prefer?"

"Nothing you can say or do will keep me away from him," Lex countered, pure hate shining in his eyes. "I love him."

"Love him?" Lionel laughed. "You're a Luthor. You don't know the meaning of the word. Well, we'll see how much you still want him when I cut your balls off. Maybe you'll settle down some without all that pesky testosterone egging you on. Of course, I'll have to sire another heir. One that can carry on the Luthor name. Or perhaps I'll just have to step in and get your wife pregnant when the time comes." As he spoke, Lionel drug Lex back over toward the desk determined to end this absurd affair any way he had to.

"Let me go!" Lex started to struggle, but his father was larger and easily restrained him.

<><><><><><>

Jonathan waited a few minutes before heading toward the barn. He wanted Clark to have some time to calm down before he checked on him. After Lex's phone call, he felt pretty badly about what they'd put him through. They hadn't meant to traumatize their own son, they just wanted him to realize the potential for danger. One thing they hadn't considered was Lex's reaction to everything. It hadn't even occurred to them that he would feel everything that Clark did.

As Jonathon walked through the barn doors he heard a blood curdling scream. He recognized it as Clark's voice instantly and took off towards his son. "Clark?!"

"Dad... " Clark cried out, going to his knees, his arms outstretched toward his father. "Oh God..."

Jonathon ran to his son, falling down on his knees and gathering Clark into his arms. "What is it?"

"L-L-Lex..." Clark stammered. "His dad... he's hurting him... I have to get to him..."

"That bastard..." Jonathon hissed. "But you can't go. Not with him there. I'll go and bring Lex back here where he'll be safe."

"Dad... hurry..." Clark begged. "Lex is fighting him, but he's so scared..."

"Son, get back in the house with your mom," Jonathon commanded, getting up and pulling Clark with him.

"Yes, sir," Clark replied, staggering toward the house as his father ran for the truck. His mother met him on the porch, the sound of the pickup spinning out as his father floored it, bringing her running. Clark nearly collapsed in her arms, his legs giving out as he felt a phantom hand close tighter on his throat.

Jonathon pushed the engine of the truck for all it was worth, not caring is he blew it, as long as he made it to the castle. Luckily the gates were open as Lex had made a habit of doing since he'd met Clark and Jonathon didn't have to drive the truck through them. He screeched to a halt and bounded out of the cab, leaving the door wide open as he ran full tilt to the main door.

He heard voices and the sound of a struggle as soon as he made it inside. He hurried toward the sound and what he saw stopped him in his tracks. Lionel had Lex pinned down to his desk, one had holding the boy down by the throat, choking him, while the other one struggled to remove Lex's pants.

"Get away from him!" Jonathon shouted, thundering towards the pair. He didn't realize how evil Lex's father truly was.

"Come to do the job yourself, Kent?" Lionel asked, making it clear he knew exactly who he was dealing with. "I hear you did a rather good job of it the last time. This, Lex, is why you don't fuck underage farm boys. Their fathers tend to take it personally."

"He thought... I raped Clark," Lex croaked.

"Didn't you?" Lionel taunted, trying to use the presence of the boy's father against Lex. "I really doubt if the boy was all that agreeable the first time you shoved your cock up his ass."

"I'm the only one who's taken it up the ass," Lex managed to croak with satisfaction. Luther's, after all, were known for having a death wish.

"So you let this... this boy... fuck you?" Lionel spat at his son. "You let him bend you over and make you his catamite? Well, since you seem to enjoy playing his bitch why don't we make that status permanent." Lionel quickly grabbed the letter opener from Lex's desk, knowing first hand how sharp his son kept it. He would take care of this for good. Once the Kent boy got a look at what was left of his lover, he'd run as far and as fast as he could.

Jonathon was there is a second, knocking the letter opener away from Lionel's hand and shoving him away from Lex. Then he smashed his fist into Lionel's face and was satisfied with the sickening crack that rung out in the silence. "Now who's the bitch?" Jonathon hissed, spitting on Lionel as his form crumbled to the floor.

Lex was shaking as Jonathan helped him off the desk. He grabbed onto Jonathan's arm for support, not trusting his legs to support his weight. His throat ached from where his father had choked him and even breathing was painful. He looked at Jonathan Kent then eyed his father on the ground. Steeling himself, he met his father's gaze. "I love Clark," he rasped, his abused throat allowing for nothing more. "I'm going to marry him. Nothing you can do will stop that."

Jonathon gently supported Lex's frame and did up his pants for him. "Want me to finish this? I can make it so he'll regret he ever hurt one of my own."

"No," Lex whispered, though part of him secretly wished Clark's father would really do it. When he was very young, he'd had a fantasy. It had been of some monster stalking him, getting closer and closer until finally it cornered him. In it, his father had charged to his rescue, slaying the beast and saving his son. It was years later before Lex realized that would never happen, no matter how much he wished for it. But now it had, only this time the saviour hadn't been his father, but the father of the man he loved.

"I always thought he needed a white horse, too," Clark voice rang out in the room, making Lex and Jonathon turn to see Martha propping him up.

"Well, isn't this pleasant," Lionel sneered as he got to his feet. "The whole family come to save poor little Alexander. Does your lover want a quickie, Lex? A little piece of Luthor ass to get him through the night?"

Clark growled deep in his throat and was ready to launch himself onto Lionel, but stopped when Lex called to him. "Clark... no. He's not worth the effort."

"He tried to hurt you," Clark replied, his eyes trained on his lover's attacker. The fact that Lionel Luthor was Lex's father ceased to exist for Clark. He was now an enemy and a dangerous enemy at that.

"I need you more," Lex replied now, intentionally groaning with pain.

"If you ever hurt him again, I'll kill you," Clark said, looking straight at Lionel.

Lionel was now mopping his broken nose with his handkerchief. "Before or after he leaves you?"

"Lex won't leave me," Clark said, feigning more confidence than he felt. He was still reeling from all that had happened earlier. It was all too easy for him to imagine Lex getting fed up with him and walking away.

"Do you really think you'll be enough for a Luthor?" Lionel shot back.

"I'll be anything Lex needs me to be," Clark said with conviction. "And if I'm not enough... well... I can live with that, too. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him. If he needs... others... "

"I won't..." Lex said. "Quite trying to mess with his mind, Lionel. You can't come between us."

"No, I suppose I can't," Lionel agreed. "You seem intent on spreading your legs for this boy and I'm sure he doesn't mind the added benefit of a few million dollars, either. A piece of ass and all the money he can spend. You're a teenage boy's wet dream, whore."

Lex moved immediately between Lionel and Clark, placing a calming hand on his lover's shoulder. // Anything you do to him now, he'll just use against us. We have to let it go. //

"Boys, go wait in the truck," Jonathan said suddenly. He could see Clark trembling slightly and knew his son's control was perilously weak. He had to get them out of there before Lionel pushed Clark too far. And he just plain wanted Lex as far away from his bastard of a father as he could get him.

"We love you. Go on now," Martha shooed them away quietly, in a soft mother's tone. She had every intention of staying here and seeing this man get what was coming. Even if it was earful.

"No," Lex argued. "The castle is my home. I'm not letting him run me out of it."

"Lex. Truck," Jonathan ordered, needing to get the boys someplace safe. His voice gentled some as he took in the shell-shocked look Lex still wore. "Now, son. I don't think Clark can take much more."

"Yes, sir," Lex finally conceded when he felt Clark shaking. He took Clark's hand and turned, pulling Clark with him.

"Martha..." Jonathan started to say but his wife cut him off.

"There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone in here with him," she said. "You'll kill him for sure."

"He can try woman," Lionel snorted. He was rather amused with the interaction before him, though annoyed that Lex had obeyed the other man more easily than he had during his entire life under Lionel's roof.

"I don't care who you think you are," Martha began, intent on giving Lionel Luthor a piece of her mind. "But if you come near that boy again, I'll put you in the ground myself. My God, how could you hit your own son?"

"Quite easily actually," Lionel deadpanned. "I only wish you'd gotten here a little later so I could have finished the job."

"You were really going to do it?" Martha asked, aghast. "You were really going to geld your own child?"

"It was either that or arrange for his death and go through all the hassle of having to breed another one," Lionel grinned evilly.

"You stay the hell away from my family, Luthor," Jonathan growled, his hands balled into fists at his side. "Stay the hell out of Smallville, for that matter. Go ahead and breed yourself another heir. You can consider Lex no longer your son."

"Oh... and you're going to take responsibility for him I suppose? The man who raped your son?"

"He never raped Clark. In case you've missed it the first time, Lex has never taken Clark," Jonathan said. "He loves my son enough to take things as slowly as he feels Clark needs to. But you wouldn't know anything about loving someone, would you?"

"Love is a weakness," Lionel spat. "Being around you bumpkins has made my son weak. It's no loss."

"Good, I'm glad you feel that way," Martha replied. "You won't miss him at all then. Come on, Jon, we need to get the boys home."

"Tell him that he can expect to be cut off the minute I make a phone call," Lionel threatened. "And you can expect a visit from the Smallville locals that pass for law enforcement. I can easily press charges for assault."

"I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to face your own charges of attempted rape," Jonathan shot back. "Even if it never goes to court, the scandal alone will cost Luthor Corp plenty. I'm sure I can get Lex to go along with it. And as for cutting him off, go ahead. I think you'll find Lex more than willing to get by without anything from you."

"So be it then. He can easily be replaced," Lionel waved them off. "Just tell him he'll never set eyes on his brother."

Jonathan opened his mouth to say something else, but Martha's hand on his arm stopped him. Nodding to his wife, he turned and left, pulling her with him as he went. He needed to get the hell out of there before he did something that couldn't be undone. He was surprised to see the two boys in the back of the truck when they walked outside, but then again, there was no way the four of them would have all fit in the cab. Taking off his jacket, he handed it to Lex and climbed inside. The sooner he got them home the sooner he could see how much damage Lionel had done.

"Take us home now... please, Dad," Lex said through the open back window.

Jonathan started the truck, being much more careful on the drive back since the boys were in the back. Martha kept a close eye on them, smiling when Clark pulled Lex into his arms to shield him from the wind. Whatever else might happen, at least they had each other. Now all they had to do was make sure Lex's father never darkened their doorway again.

END.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to creed_cascade@hotmail.com