Losing Your Mind

By Creed Cascade and TJ

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Info: Clark Kent/Lex Luthor.

NC-17.

Established Relationship.

Sequel to "Meeting of the Minds", "Mind Games" and "State of Mind:.

Canon plot altered slightly. Crossover with "Batman".

Summary: Life is never easy, it just gets more complicated

 

Losing Your Mind
By Creed Cascade and TJ

"Where in the hell did he find a purple stuffed giraffe?" Clark gaped at the stuffed toy that sat among many other animals. All purple. Obviously Bruce had decided to go with a jungle theme.

"You'd be surprised what billionaires can find when they set their minds to it," Lex smiled at his lover. Bruce and Dick had arrived about a half hour ago with what looked to be an entire department store with them. Lex had only shook his head and showed them where to set up the crib.

"But don't you think we might be over doing this purple thing?" Clark asked. He didn't know the first thing about buying baby clothes. He wanted to leave that to Lex. Lex liked shopping. Hell, his mate had already ordered designer baby clothes all in purple.

"Maybe just a little," Lex admitted. "Don't worry, Clark. We'll get some things that aren't purple, I promise."

Clark sighed when he saw Lex was giving into him again. "I like purple. Just no pink."

"No pink," Lex shuddered in agreement. He was about to say something else when a crash from upstairs startled both men. Lily began to scream, having been rudely awakened by the noise. Lex immediately headed for the kitchen and his daughter while Clark hurried up the stairs to see if anyone had been hurt.

Clark used his adept hearing to focus in on the area of the crash and happened to over hear, "Goddamn Dick, I can't believe you just did that! Now we're going have the Kent's running up here any minute."

"Problem, guys?" Clark asked, trying and failing to keep the smirk from his face when he rounded the corner. Bruce and Dick were sprawled on the floor with what was supposed to be a dressing table scattered around them.

"Nope, none at all," Dick said quickly, hurriedly tucking his shirt back in his jeans. "Just... testing the table. Might be dangerous, ya know."

"Yeah, but only if the baby ends up weighing about 200 pounds," Clark pointed out. He was glad that Bruce had brought Dick with him this time. The other man's presence cut down on the jealousy he felt whenever Bruce and Lex were near each other. It didn't go away entirely, but at least he didn't want to physically yank Bruce from Lex's side any more.

"I don't weigh that much," Dick made a face at Clark. He didn't need to say that he'd been teasing Bruce so much that he'd finally lost his temper and hoisted Dick up onto the dressing table.

"No, but when you add Bruce's weight leaning on it that's about right."

"I'd rather not talk about this," Bruce grumbled and began to gather the pieces around him. "Nothing seems to be broken... we just need a new screw..."

"I think the screw's what got you in trouble in the first place," Clark laughed then turned to go. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

When Clark was out in the hall, he heard Bruce growl, "You are in so much trouble, you little shit."

Lex looked at Clark questioningly when his lover came back down grinning broadly. He'd just gotten Lily calmed down and back to sleep. If Bruce knew what was good for him he wouldn't wake her up again. If he did, Lex was going to make him get her settled again.

"Don't worry," Clark said with a little smirk on his face. "Dick was just trying to melt the ice man... on our new dressing table."

"Ah," Lex said softly. "I can imagine that Bruce wasn't too happy when you came to investigate." If there was one thing Bruce Wayne guarded it was his privacy. The fact that he allowed Clark and his family to even know about him and Dick showed how much he was willing to do to help Lex.

"He seemed more pissed off at Dick than anything else," Clark noted. He liked to watch Dick aggravate Bruce. Even though he hadn't spent anytime alone with him, he knew he liked the other boy.

"I bet," Lex smiled. "Come on, let's put Lily back down then we can see what the Dynamic Duo is up to."

Clark focused and then smiled. "Whatever they're doing there's a lot of cursing."

"That sounds about right," Lex replied. He carefully put the baby back in the crib in the kitchen and turned on the baby monitor that Bruce had brought. This way they'd be able to hear if Lily woke up while they were upstairs. Then he took Clark's hand and pulled him toward the stairs, anxious to surprise Bruce and Dick.

// Do you remember when we used to be like that? // Clark asked wistfully mentally.

// I thought we still were. // Came Lex's slightly sad reply. // I know things have been pretty wild lately with the baby and all. I'm sorry, Clark. I guess I have been neglecting you. //

// Lily is the most important thing in our lives. It's not your fault I'm a horny teenager. //

// We'll finish this later. // Lex replied as they walked into the room. Bruce and Dick were almost finished putting the dresser back together. Lex caught sight of a rather large purple mark on Bruce's neck and coughed to keep from laughing out loud. Leave it to Dick to put a hickey on his lover while trying to put together a dresser.

"Oh... hey guys," Dick beamed at them. He was more often than not the complete opposite of his apparently gloomy lover.

"How's it going?" Clark asked.

"Bruce should keep his day job," Dick snickered. "He even got a boo boo and I had to kiss it better."

"I can see that," Lex deadpanned. He caught sight of Bruce flushing slightly and couldn't help but laugh. "Don't worry about it, Bruce. It'll never leave this house, I swear."

"How did he get a..." Clark had to stop a second before he burst out laughing. "...a boo boo on his neck, anyways?"

"He nicked himself with the screw driver," Dick said, his voice cracking a little from laughter.

"Um, you do realize that you use that on the screws, right?" Clark shot back.

Bruce groaned and raised an eyebrow at Lex. "There's two of them now."

"I know. Frightening, isn't it?" Lex replied. "I don't know what we did to deserve them but I, for one, wouldn't change it for the world."

"Me either," Bruce admitted and gave Dick a soft glance.

"They're getting mushy," Dick's eyes widened in mock horror. "Save me, Clark."

"Come on, let's go downstairs and get something to eat. That way we won't hear it if they get any mushier," Clark replied.

"Food?" Dick brightened. "That'd be great. I'm starving. We ate like three hours ago."

The two young men quickly left the room in search of food leaving Bruce and Lex alone together. Lex could feel Clark's slight unease along the bond and reassured him as best he could. He knew Clark still felt threatened by Bruce but there wasn't much he could do about it.

"Dick is good for you," Lex said as Bruce put the finishing touches on the table. "He doesn't take you too seriously."

"No danger of that," Bruce smiled. "He keeps me grounded. Let's me know there's more to my life than just the Wayne Enterprises now. I really needed that."

"And he likes to leave reminders," Lex teased, reaching out to flick the hickey on Bruce's neck.

"Yeah," Bruce grinned ruefully. "He gets insecure sometimes. He likes it when other people can see his marks on me. It's his way of telling the world to back off."

"Now that sounds familiar," Lex laughed.

"Clark, too, huh?" Bruce asked. He could understand it in a way. Lex had a lot going for him even without his father's backing. He could easily see how Clark might worry about his place in Lex's life.

"He still worries about you," Lex admitted. "But seeing you with Dick helps." He hoped being with another young man his age would help, too. Clark had become even more withdrawn. They hadn't told Pete yet and Clark refused to go back to school for at least another week.

Bruce studied his friend for a moment. "I did notice that. Does he consider all men a threat or is it just me?"

"You in particular. But all men and women really. He's just a little possessive sometimes." Lex shrugged.

"Any idea why me?" Bruce asked. He didn't want to be a problem. He could feel the jealousy practically rolling off Clark and it concerned him.

Lex took a deep breath. "Because he knows I used to have feelings for you... and other than him and his parents... you're the closest thing to family I have."

"Ah," Bruce replied. "I take it explaining to him that you no longer have any feelings like that hasn't been entirely successful?"

"Have your attempts to quell Dick's jealously been successful?"

"For the most part. But there's still some residual fear that I'm going to suddenly fall for some stunning socialite and dump him. That or he thinks the age thing is going to finally be too much for me and I'm going to let him go for his own good. But most of the time he's pretty secure."

"Clark's a little younger than Dick and he's... been through so much change in the past few months," Lex sighed. "I can only be patient. But you don't have to worry, the worst thing you'll get from him is a dirty stare."

"I would hope so. I have no intention of getting into a fight, verbal or otherwise, with a teenager. Besides, it's not like he has anything to really worry about. You left your feelings for me behind a long time ago."

"Teenage crush," Lex smiled wistfully. "It's good we never did act on my puppy dog love... or else we wouldn't have found them. I don't know where you found the strength... I caved with Clark."

"It wasn't easy," Bruce admitted. "You were everything I ever wanted. Smart, funny, strong, beautiful. So full of life. It took every ounce of willpower I had to turn you away."

Before Lex could answer, he heard Clark's worried voice in his head. // Lex? What's going on up there? You feel... I just don't think you should be feeling that way went I'm not there. //

// Relax, love. Bruce and I are just talking. // Lex stared at Bruce for long moments. He wondered what might have been if Bruce hadn't turned him away. How much different might his life had been if he'd had Bruce's love and support all those years ago?

// You wouldn't have me. // Clark said simply and then cut off the telepathic communication of the bond.

"Bruce... we'll have to finish this conversation another time," Lex said. "I need to find Clark."

Bruce nodded, somewhat used to his friend's strange behaviour by now. "Just send Dick up to me. We have some unfinished business."

"Will do," Lex said. He hurried down the stairs, needing to talk to Clark. He passed Dick in the living room and jerked his head toward the staircase. Dick smiled at him and headed up to his lover, leaving Lex to search for his own.

Lex found Clark in the living room curled on the couch with Lily in his arms. Now that he had gotten over his fear of holding her, he held her every chance he could. Usually as comfort in the past week when he felt insecure.

"Love?" he said softly as he knelt down beside them. "You cut off the bond."

"You don't need to feel what I'm feeling right now," Clark said softly, stroking Lily's downy head.

"I want to," Lex said. "I know you're jealous of Bruce but there's no need to be. I love you, not him. I haven't loved Bruce as anything more than a brother for a very long time."

"I like Bruce and Dick," Clark said, still not meeting Lex's glance. "I have no reason to be jealous and yet I am. I'm acting like a little kid and I know it."

"You're acting like a man in love," Lex countered. "Like a man with something to lose. Would your father behave any differently if an old flame of Martha's suddenly showed up offering to help fix their problems with the farm?"

"I suppose not," Clark shook his head. "It's just... never mind."

"No, tell me. Please."

"I'm... I'm also jealous of what they have."

"What do you mean?" Lex asked. He would have sworn that what he and Clark had was just as strong, just as powerful, as what Bruce and Dick shared. But it appeared that Clark didn't think so.

"I heard them this morning," Clark admitted. "And again just a little while ago. They can't get enough of each other."

"So because we're not having sex as much as we used to you think that means I don't love you or something?" Lex asked. He hadn't meant for it to come out like that but he couldn't stop himself.

Clark winced, pulling in on himself. "I know you love me." He got up and handed Lily to Lex who automatically cradled her. "I have to go out to the barn. I... I have to talk to dad. This is my problem Lex, not yours."

"Clark, please don't pull away from me," Lex pleaded.

"I'm not, Lex." Clark said in a forced calm tone. "The bond makes me want you too much. You're tired. I'm mad at myself because I can't control it. Dad always knew how to help me control things I shouldn't do... so I just... I just have to go talk to him now. Don't worry, I'll always love you... I just have to learn how to show you properly. Respect your space and not want to jump you like a bitch in heat."

"You wait right here. Do you hear me?" Lex demanded. Cradling Lily, he hurried up the stairs, hoping that Bruce and Dick were not... busy. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw they were only kissing. Clearing his throat, he interrupted them. "Sorry to break this up, but do you think you two could watch Lily for a couple of hours?"

Dick moved forward and took Lily in his arms. He'd been around children while growing up in the circus and was much more comfortable with a small infant that Bruce was. "We'll watch her, no problem. I might even get Bruce to change a diaper."

"Good luck," Lex said hastily. "I'll have to keep a video camera around so next time we can film it." With that, he was hurrying back down the stairs. Something inside him, the bond no doubt, was urging him to straighten all this out with Clark.

But when he got downstairs, Clark was gone. Clark was mostly likely now in the barn, tracking down his father, for more of his oh so helpful advise. Lex wished Jonathon Kent would keep his opinions and advice to himself. He had a feeling he'd be doing damage control for days.

He wished Clark would have trusted him. Why couldn't the boy have listened for once? All he asked him to do was wait there for him while he took care of Lily. Was that too much to ask? Apparently it was. With a sigh, Lex headed back upstairs. He thanked Bruce and Dick and took Lily back. Carrying her into the bedroom, he lay down and fell quickly asleep.

Clark found his father in barn and was grateful his mother was in town on a delivery. "Dad... I need to talk you about something. You busy?"

"What's up?" Jonathan asked. He could tell by the tone of Clark's voice that his son was upset. He had a feeling it had something to do with Lex. And possibly Bruce Wayne.

"Was it hard on you and mom when I was younger?" Clark asked carefully.

"Hard how?" Jonathan asked. "I mean, there was the language barrier at first. Then we had a few rough times as your powers developed. I don't think that's what you mean, though."

"No... I mean between you and mom. Was it... stressful? Affect your relationship?"

"Spit it out, son," Jonathan said. "What exactly are you asking about?"

"Did you have sex as often?" Clark blurted out and then proceeded to turn red.

"Ah, um... not at first," Jonathan said, thinking back. Clark had been quite the disruption in their lives. When they weren't worrying about him they were scared to death the adoption wouldn't go through. After that, Martha had been worried that he'd walk in on them or something. It had taken a few months for things to return to normal. Even then, though, some of the spontaneity had gone. You just couldn't have sex in the middle of the kitchen with a toddler in the house.

"But later?" Clark prompted. He remembered walking up this morning, turned on by the muffled sounds of Bruce and Dick in the next room. Lex had returned his kisses and caresses at first, but then had drifted back to sleep.

"Later things settled back down," Jonathan said. He thought for a moment then decided to be honest with his son. "But your mother never would let me fool around with her in the kitchen anymore. She was always too afraid you'd walk in on us. Even when you were at school."

Clark groaned, one from the image of his parents having sex in the kitchen he ate breakfast and for another reason he vocalized, "So it'll never be the same again."

"I wouldn't say that, son," Jonathan replied hastily. "Lily's just a baby. You have a while before she'll be up walking around enough to walk in on you. Besides, I think you and Lex would probably be able to handle it anyway."

"You don't understand, dad. I have... urges," Clark whispered.

"All men have urges. I do think you might have a few more thanks to that bond of yours. And the fact that you're sixteen. You might have urges, son, but you also have a family. Sometimes you have to put them first. There's nothing wrong with, uh, taking care of things yourself."

"But what about, Lex?" He'd feel extremely guilty about satisfying himself and leaving Lex unfulfilled.

"There's nothing wrong with pleasuring yourself," Jonathan said, blushing slightly. "If Lex wants to have sex then he'll let you know. Right now he's so exhausted with taking care of Lily that sex is the last thing on his mind."

"Right..." Clark mumbled. In other words, he should leave Lex alone. He could do that. Unless Lex initiated it, he promised himself he'd leave Lex be.

"Women are like that, especially after they have a baby. It doesn't matter that Lex didn't give birth to Lily. He's still feeling those same maternal urges. Don't worry, things'll get back to normal soon enough."

Clark didn't like the idea of his father comparing Lex to a woman, but in this scenario, it did make sense. "This is like your lecture on not pissing him off right? Maybe I should be extra nice?"

"That would probably help. He's still learning how to be a parent. He's stressed out. Anything you can do to ease that stress can only help matters."

"Any ideas?"

"Don't press him. Be there when he needs a hand but give him some space otherwise. He's got to find his own footing on this. And your mother and I will be happy to babysit one weekend so you two can get away from here and be alone together. Just give him time to get settled. He'd never be willing to leave Lily alone right now, even with us."

"I can do that," Clark nodded. "And I appreciate the offer to babysit one weekend. Thanks, dad."

"You're welcome. Now come on and help me with this fence."

<><><><><><>

Clark walked into the room he shared with his lover and sighed when he saw Lex was napping with Lily on the bed. Well maybe napping wasn't the best word... seething was more like it. He could feel Lex's emotions pushing through the bond.

"I got you some flowers," Clark said from the doorway. "Some purple ones."

"Thank you," Lex said as civilly as he could. "Why didn't you wait for me?"

"Because I was on a short leash," Clark said. "You don't deserve to be the brunt of my temper or libido. I'm calmer now. My talk with my dad helped. And would it help if I said I was really, really sorry?"

"Whatever," Lex sighed. It might help if Clark truly understood what he was so upset about but Lex doubted if that was the case. Holding Lily to him, he rolled over gently, turning his back to Clark.

Clark remembered what his dad said about patience. His dad had said that Lex would be temperamental. Maybe it would help if he did what his dad when he screwed up. "Do you want me to sleep on the couch tonight?"

"That depends," Lex said over his shoulder. "Do you want Lily and I to go back to the castle?"

"Lex?" Clark squeaked in a hurt tone. // No. No. No. No. No. //

"I don't want you to sleep on the couch," Lex relented. Clark was starting to panic. That was never a good sign. "I just wish you'd trust me more."

"I always trust you," Clark said. "But did you really want me to throw you down on the living room floor and fuck you? Where my parents or Bruce and Dick could walk in?"

"No, but I would have appreciated it if you'd been there when I got back so we could have gone up to our room and done that," Lex shot back.

"But you didn't want that," Clark said in slightly more defeated tone. "I won't use you like that. I promise that I won't touch you unless you invite me to. And sometimes... sometimes I might have to leave for a bit if the bond makes the urges too much."

"First off, you're not leaving," Lex said. "We're in this together. If the urges get to be too much then tell me and we'll do something about it. As for not touching me unless I invite you... you're always invited. I love you and I want you. I know things have been a mess since Lily came into our lives. I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. I didn't mean to."

"You're not neglecting me," Clark said. "I just have to learn to take of myself more. That's not your responsibility." Even though masturbation since he'd bonded was never as satisfying. In fact, when Lex touched... even in the simplest manner, it was better than anything he could do by himself.

"Whatever," Lex said again. Sometimes there was just no getting through to Clark. This was clearly one of those times.

"Maybe... maybe I'll just go put these flowers in some water," Clark said, turning to leave the room. He'd thought they'd help. He'd pick Lex's favourite. But now maybe the best thing to was give Lex some space both mentally and physically.

Lex didn't say anything as Clark left the room. He could feel sadness and uncertainly whispering along the bond but he ignored it. He wasn't going to cave this time. He was almost asleep when a presence in the room startled him awake. Rolling over, he saw Bruce standing by the doorway watching him.

"I passed Clark in the hallway," Bruce noted. "He looked like some one kicked his puppy."

"Yeah well, he'll get over it," Lex said.

"For all his maturity... he's still very young and very sensitive I'd wager."

"I understand that," Lex said, exasperated. "But he won't trust me. I know I'm not meeting all his needs right now but every time I try to talk to him about it he pulls away. God only knows what his father told him. Probably some bullshit about being stoic and giving the little lady some time."

"Jonathon Kent does seem to feminize you," Bruce noted. "And despite the conflicts I'm sure he's had with his father, Clark listens to his father. Misguided advice. But now it's my turn to give you some advice."

"What's that?" Lex asked with a smirk. He thought of saying something really catty but didn't want to risk waking Lily. He'd have to settle for the smirk that Bruce knew all too well.

"You're the lover a very young man. You're not his equal right now and you need to remember that. You're sometimes his parent, brother, friend and lover."

"I know that, Bruce," Lex said, keeping his voice as low as he could but still letting his agitation show through. "I can see now why you never took me up on my offer. I would have been as bad as Clark or worse, wouldn't I?"

"You would have been a holy terror," Bruce smiled. "Although I apparently have a weakness for young, moody men. But you apparently want a challenge... and a challenge you have."

"Gee thanks, Bruce. Remind me to be this sympathetic the next time Dick nearly gets himself killed and you call me to lament the fact that your lover is so much younger than you are." Lex smiled to take the sting out of the words, knowing Bruce wouldn't take them to heart. "I, um, I'd like to finish your earlier conversation some time, but now isn't the best time."

"Maybe not, but you don't have some one watching out for you, and I'm on your side. Do you remember what it was like to be sixteen? The mood swings... the insecurity. You're treating him like an equal who can make rational decisions all the time. He's being influenced by his father, his emotions and sex drive. You almost have two children now."

"Bruce, you're not helping," Lex moaned.

"You need to hear the truth."

"Yeah," Lex sighed. "Thanks for everything you've done, Bruce. Really. You and Dick have been real lifesavers in all of this. I think, though, that it might be best if you went back to Gotham. Clark and I have some issues to resolve and his jealousy will only cloud the matter. I promise we'll bring Lily to visit soon."

"Actually, I have a better idea," Bruce said. "You need a vacation. Why don't you and Clark come to Gotham with us?"

"Now?" Lex asked. It was tempting. It would be nice to get Clark away from Jonathan before any more damage could be done.

"Yes now. Reaffirm your bond."

"Is Dick alright with this?" Lex asked as he slowly rose from the bed. He certainly didn't want to cause any problems between them.

"Dick is quite taken with Clark. He's never really had a friend his own age since his family's death."

"Alright," Lex said. "Let me go find my other half and throw some things together for Lily. We can be ready to go in about an hour."

"I'll get Dick," Bruce nodded. When Lex made his mind up, things progressed quickly. "And don't worry, the mansion is big enough that you'll have lots of privacy."

Lex headed downstairs eager to find his wayward lover and make arrangements to leave. Clark was easy enough to find. He was in the kitchen with his mother, carefully arranging the flowers he'd picked. Lex felt his heart give a lurch at the sight of him. He was trying so hard to make things work. It wasn't his fault that his father was stuck in the stone ages.

"The flowers look very nice, Clark," Lex said. "I have my own little surprise for you."

"Oh?" Clark asked, perking up. He hated it when Lex was angry with him. All he wanted to do was gather his mate in his arms and hold him until all the bad feelings went away. That wasn't very practical, though.

"How would you like to take a little trip to Gotham for a few days? I know Dick wouldn't mind babysitting for a few hours here and there."

"You want us to go to Gotham?" Clark asked, confused. They had just gotten everything settled here.

// I think we need some time alone together as a new family. // Lex said mentally. Six adults and one infant in the Kent's house was too crowded. // And not permanently. Just for a short vacation. //

"Mom, Lex and I are going to head to Gotham for a few days," Clark said. "We need some time... just the three of us. You understand, right?"

"I understand," Martha nodded. She didn't think she'd be able to keep her sanity if she had to live with her parents-in-law. "You're father's been growling and can probably use a little alone time, too."

"Thanks, Mom," Clark said. "I'll just go throw some things in a bag for us." He was out of the room and up the stairs before Martha could reply. She simply shook her head and smiled at Lex.

"He's sixteen," Lex laughed, "But somehow, I have the feeling he's always going to be so..."

"Exuberant?" Martha supplied helpfully.

"Guess it will come in hand chasing after a toddler," Lex said on the brighter side. "Exuberant. Yeah, I'll to remember that when he's bouncing off the walls next time."

"Something else to remember... go easy on the sugar," Martha advised. "You think he's hyper right now. You should see him on a sugar rush."

"I already made that mistake after I fed him chocolate mousse," Lex snorted. "You did a good job raising him. I'll be happy if I can do only half as well as you."

"You'll do just fine, sweetie," Martha told him. "And we'll be right here for you when you need us."

"Thank you," Lex felt a little chocked and decided to change the subject quickly. "It was nice of the school to let Clark keep up with assignments because of the 'family emergency'. I suppose I don't want to know what you told the principal?"

"Well, let's just say Jonathan and I did some pretty fast talking. Why don't you go help Clark pack so you guys can get out of here? The sooner you get on the road the sooner you can get to Gotham. And make sure to call me and let me know you made it okay."

"Right. And don't worry... we'll drive safe," Lex said it before she could and left the kitchen with a grin on his face. The next few days would be a lot of work, but he was determined to fix things with Clark.

<><><><><><>

By some bizarre twist of fate Lily had stayed awake during most of the drive. She had only fallen asleep a few minutes before they arrived assuring that she would sleep for at least the next few hours. Lex, for one, was grateful. That meant he had a few hours alone with Clark without the worry of his parents overhearing or walking in on them.

They were now ensconced in one of Bruce's guest room's with Lily sleeping comfortable in a baby crib he knew Bruce had bough especially for her.

"Who was the creepy old guy?" Clark asked now that they were alone.

"That's Alfred," Lex explained. "He raised Bruce after his parents were killed. He's been with the family forever."

"Alright, so let me get this straight... Alfred raised Bruce and Bruce kinda raised Dick, but now Dick and Bruce are together," Clark tried to get a grip on their friend's relationship.

"Dick was seventeen before he ever became Bruce's ward," Lex explained. "He was already grown. I don't think they started seeing each other until after he turned eighteen."

"Still... Bruce is very... authoritarian with Dick," Clark hedged. Sometimes he got a very weird vibe off of those two.

"Yeah, well, that's just how they are," Lex said. "Dick likes a, um... strong hand... now and then."

"Right," Clark said, turning red. "But it's more than the games we play, isn't it?"

"Yes. They can be very intense and Dick is rather reckless. Bruce has been known to discipline him when it's been warranted."

"Don't tell Bruce, but Dick says he aggravates Bruce on purpose sometimes. When I asked him about his choice of name... I asked if he wanted me to call him Rich or something, instead of Dick, but he says he likes the way people react to his name the way it is."

"That sounds like Dick," Lex laughed. "And Bruce knows good and well that Dick acts out on purpose sometimes. Dick likes a good spanking and Bruce is more than happy to give it to him."

// Don't get any ideas. // Clark warned.

// What? You wouldn't like to feel my hand heating up that bottom of yours? // Lex purred across the bond.

// Once in a while is okay... we've done it before. // Clark admitted.

// And I enjoyed it very much. Right now, though, I think I'd like you under me. On your hands and knees maybe, trying not to scream while I fuck you through this very expensive mattress. //

"I... I think I can accommodate you on that..." Clark croaked out loud. "But with the baby in the room?"

"She's sleeping," Lex whispered, rolling over until he was lying on top of Clark. "And she'll stay asleep as long as we keep it down. Think you can manage that?"

"No..." Clark whispered. // Maybe you need to gag me. //

// Would you like that? Would you like me to gag this hot mouth of yours so you can't make any noise? That way I can do whatever I want to you and you can't say anything. //

// I can always talk over the bond. // Clark said quickly, rubbing his body against Lex. // If I needed to. //

// Always, love. Don't ever think you can't. // Lex assured him quickly as he slid off Clark and began to undress.

// I've missed this, Lex. // Clark said as he watched Lex undress avidly. // I know it's only been awhile... the bond's gotten stronger. I remember when we nearly used to have sex everyday or you'd feel sick. //

// Me, too. Damn, I've missed you. // Lex finished undressing and began helping Clark shed his clothes. He wanted his lover naked now.

// Quick and hard? // Clark asked and half demanded.

// Whatever you like. // Lex used his tie to gag Clark as he'd said then instructed his lover to get on his hands and knees. He thought about simply fucking him right then but it had been so long. He wanted this to last a bit. Kneeling behind Clark, he spread his lover's cheeks and blew lightly over the entrance to his body. When Clark shuddered, Lex took that as his cue and leaned forward to lick over the puckered flesh.

Clark grunted against the tie in his mouth and his skin shivered like a nervous horse. // You're going to make me suffer... you bastard. //

// You're damn right I am. You'll be begging to cum by the time I get around to fucking you. //

// I like the idea of you being able to talk dirty to me like this anywhere, anytime... no one else can ever know. // Clark admitted. This was one thing they'd never have to give up now that they were parents.

// So do I. And I don't have to worry about talking with my mouth full. //

// Bastard. // Clark hissed again mentally as Lex did something magical with his tongue.

// Now now. I already told you. My parents were legally married when I was born. I couldn't get lucky enough to have Lionel not be my father. //

Clark groaned. // Don't talk about parent's in bed. Any parents. Unless you want me to get soft. //

// Trust me, lover. I can keep you hard no matter what I talk about. But as you wish. // Lex turned his full attention to the body before him. Clark was shaking now as he snaked his tongue inside his lover's body. He could feel the muscle grasping and flexing on his tongue and it spiked his own passion even higher.

// Now, Lex. // Clark begged. // It's been so long and I'm loose enough. //

"Gonna make you cum like that next time, lover," Lex purred as he moved up behind Clark. "But this time I wanna cum inside you. I wanna feel you cum on my cock. Tell me you want that, Clark."

// Yes, I want you to cum in me. Now. // Clark mental voice rang out in Lex's head.

"Patience..." Lex hissed as he slid inside Clark in one long push. "I want to enjoy it a bit."

// Show me that no matter what you'll always need me. // Clark begged mentally, trying to move his hips.

// I'd die without you. You're the keeper of my soul. Without you, I'm nothing. // Lex punctuated each statement with a long thrust of his cock. Bruce had been right. They needed to reaffirm their bond badly.

// Thank you. Love you so much. // The words being more staggered and Clark's muffled verbal groans more frequent.

Lex gripped his hips tightly and began to fuck into Clark hard and fast just the way his lover had asked for it. Clark was mewling and writhing on the bed, thrusting back to meet him and begging wordlessly for more. Lex reached around and closed his hand over Clark's hard length. It didn't take much before his lover was nearly convulsing as he came in long spurts on the bed.

Lex let Clark's orgasm wash over him both mentally and physically, continuing the sensations with own. He echoed back his feelings and sensations to Clark. Every time they did this, it just got more intense.

Finally they both collapsed on the bed, sated and exhausted. Lex reached up and pulled the makeshift gag from Clark's mouth then snuggled up to his lover's side. He glanced toward the crib where Lily slept peacefully unaware of what had gone on just a few feet away.

"When she gets older, we'll have to get her ear plugs," Clark croaked.

"We'll make sure the house has very thick walls," Lex replied thickly. Sleep was already calling to him. All he wanted at the moment was a few moments respite inside his lover's arms.

"I'll watch over you both," Clark whispered and kissed Lex's forehead. "Go to sleep."

<><><><><><>

Clark wandered up the stairs and into the east wing of Wayne Manor. Lex was napping with Lily and he was bored. Bruce had told him when they'd arrived that he could look around all he wanted. The only rooms he wasn't allowed in were the locked ones. That made sense to Clark and he began to explore with the true curiosity of a teenager.

He heard their familiar voices and unconsciously focused in on them. "Owww..." He heard Dick complaining. "My ass feels like its on fire."

Clark hastened his steps, careful to not make a sound. He wasn't comfortable using his super speed. He never knew when Alfred The Creepy Butler would pop out of the woodwork. Still, the pain in Dick's voice spurred him on.

"I didn't think it was that hard," Bruce said, his voice obviously tainted with guilt. "Would ice help? I could ring for Alfred."

"Don't you dare," Dick laughed through another grimace. "I do not want Al coming in here and tending to my red ass. No way, Bruce. You did it, now you fix it."

"You'll have to sleep on your stomach tonight," Bruce said gruffly. "And maybe even breakfast in bed."

Clark crept around the corner slowly. What he saw nearly made him gasp but he had the presence of mind to stifle the sound. Dick was laying naked across Bruce's lap. His ass was thrust up into the air. Even without it being on display Clark would have seen the bright red marks on it. It looked like Dick had gotten a good dose of discipline.

"Tell me again why I needed to be spanked?" Dick purred, wiggling his ass.

"Because you're an impossible brat," Bruce sighed, running his hands over the inflamed buttocks and making Dick moan and shiver. "And I love you."

"It was because you needed an outlet," Dick sighed. "And it took a lot to tempt you into it."

"I don't like using you for an outlet. I don't ever want to hurt you." Bruce leaned down and kissed the reddened cheek, letting his tongue come out to run over the hot flesh.

"You need me, Bruce," Dick whispered, arching up. "I love it when you use me."

"Promise me you won't ever let me hurt you," Bruce pleaded. "Promise me you'll never let me take it too far."

"I'm here to take care of you in every way," Dick said, shifting and moving until he was straddling Bruce's lap. "We're everything to each other. Nothing is too far with you."

"Dick, promise me now or I swear I'll never touch you like this again," Bruce said seriously. "I have to know that if I ever lose control you'll be there to catch us both. Now promise me."

Dick nuzzled Bruce's neck, beginning to mark him again. "You always threaten that and you always come back for more. Because I always keep pushing you. I know you'd never really hurt me."

Bruce sighed and let it go. Later he'd try to talk to Dick again. His lover just didn't understand how badly he needed to hear him say the words. He was about to suggest they take things upstairs when he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Someone was watching them. A discreet glance in the nearest reflective surface revealed Clark Kent hiding just around the corner.

Bruce moved and began to suck on Dick's ear. He whispered, "Looks like we have a young visitor. Seems very interested."

"Oh fuck," Dick groaned, then lowered his voice to a matching whisper. "How interested?"

"How interested would you be interested in a live sex show at sixteen?"

"We gonna give him one?" Dick asked, moaning again as Bruce began to kneed his sore ass. He loved it when Bruce took him after disciplining him.

"My little slut," Bruce laughed loudly. "I know you want it and who am I do deny you?"

"Gonna make me scream, lover?" Dick asked, pitching his voice loud enough for Clark to hear.

Bruce slipped his fingers over Dick's hole and noticed it was already wet and stretched. "You were planning this, weren't you? You like it when I make you scream." He said, slipping two fingers inside just to test and tease.

"Always," came Dick's breathless reply. He writhed on Bruce's lap, wanting to feel that magnificent cock inside him. And if he was truthful, finding the idea of getting fucked while Clark watched hot as hell.

"If you want it, you're going to have to do all the work," Bruce said suddenly, pulling his fingers out and stretching his hands out on the back of the couch.

Dick wasted no time in getting Bruce's cock out of his pants. He raised himself up over it and froze for a moment when he looked up. He locked eyes with Clark then slowly slid down the length of Bruce's hard cock.

He leaned over and whispered in Bruce's ear as he began to move up and down. "He looks so innocent... all doe eyed. Tell me I never looked like that."

"Never quite like that," Bruce whispered back. "But the first time I fucked you your eyes were just as big as his right now."

"Dirty. Old. Man," Dick grunted with a soft laugh and began to move more quickly. It helped that both of them had been on the edge from the spanking.

Bruce laughed and bucked upward, making Dick gasp loudly. He could still see Clark reflected in the glass and smiled wickedly when the boy's hand reached down to rub his groin. Bruce thought about calling out to him, but didn't. Best not to give Lex's lover heart failure quite yet.

"Please... I want you to grab my ass... or hips... show me what you want," Dick begged. In other words, he wanted Bruce to take control and he wasn't above begging.

Unable to resist, Bruce did just that. He grabbed Dick by the ass, knowing he'd really feel it on his stinging backside and began to fuck up into him powerfully. Dick held on tight and rode out the harsh taking. It was exactly what he craved and only Bruce could give it to him.

"Can I touch myself... please..." Dick begged in raspy voice as Bruce pounded into him.

"Yes, do it. I want you to cum," Bruce panted as he fucked his lover.

Dick began to pump his cock quickly, squeezing the head firmly. "So fucking close..."

"Do it, Dick. Cum for me. Wanna feel your ass milking my cock before I fill it."

Bruce's command sent him over the edge and he was spurting all over his lover's still clothed chest. The cum bathed the black silk shirt and he intentionally clamped down on his anal muscles and took in Bruce's entire length. Bruce groaned and began to cum himself as Dick's internal muscles milked him. He still couldn't believe how good this felt. Nothing had ever felt this good in his entire life until Dick had come along. He'd gladly spend the rest of his life buried to the hilt inside his lover's tight body.

They collapsed against each other and when Dick found the energy to look up, he found that Clark was gone. "I think we scared him away," he groaned.

"Good," Bruce breathed. "I really don't think he was ready to deal with the aftermath. Let Lex reap the benefits for a while."

"Those two have a weird vibe," Dick hedged. "I can't figure out who's in control."

"Neither can they," Bruce said as they cleaned up as best they could. "I think that's part of the problem. The control keeps shifting and neither of them knows who's in control then."

"Who do you think will end up in control?" Dick asked, genuinely intrigued. He'd never met anyone who could read people as well as Bruce.

"It's hard to say. For both their sakes, I hope it's Lex. Clark is only sixteen, no matter how mature he might act. He needs guidance. And Lex needs that control in his life."

"And what about when Clark grows up?" Dick asked, trying to find his clothes. "There's something... special about him."

"Yeah, I've sensed it, too. I don't know about when he grows up but I have a feeling that's going to be a while. Lex has always been mature for his age. Both from losing his mother so young and having Lionel for a father. He had no choice. He's had a damn hard life. I just don't want to see it get any harder," Bruce said.

"He's been disowned. He's gay, in a relationship with a sixteen year old and a new father. Sound pretty hard to me."

"And that's not the half of it," Bruce said. "Lex has got some real issues. I'm surprised he's managed to let himself love Clark at all."

"I don't think Clark gave him a choice," Dick laughed. "I recognize myself in him. He probably had to fight Lex every inch of the way, just like I had to with you."

"But you both wore us down," Bruce said. "Come on, let's go upstairs and shower before they end up coming down here. If Lex sees these stains he'll never stop teasing me."

"You haven't seen the hickey's yet..." Dick snorted and took off running despite his sore ass. He called back over his shoulder, "Sorta resembles Mickey Mouse."

"Dick, your ass is mine," Bruce called back as he raced after his lover.

<><><><><><>

Lex felt some one watching him. Correction. He felt Clark watching him. He also felt Clark confused and very intense sexual feelings. So he apparently had one very horny and guilty teenager on his hands. He cracked an eye open to see Clark just standing by the end of the bed watching him, chest rising heavily and eyes wide.

"Clark," Lex called out sleepily when his lover made no move to join him on the bed. "You okay?"

"Nope..." Clark grunted and then in a flash literally jumped Lex.

Lex gasped, startled by the sudden attack, then Clark was on top of him, kissing and biting his neck. It felt like his lover was trying to devour him alive and all Lex could do was lie there and take it. He could feel Clark's erection through his jeans. His lover was hard as steel. He needed to get control of this quickly before things got out of hand.

// Clark! // Lex called out the sharp mental command. Although he wanted to slow down, Lex's own body and the compel of the bond was telling him to shut up and go with it.

// Need this. Need you. So bad. Please, Lex. // Clark's mind cried back. He was still hungrily sucking at Lex's neck while his hands squeezed and tormented Lex's nipples.

Lex arched against Clark's touch and all his reservations went out the window with his lover's plea. He'd find out why later, but now he just wanted to enjoy. // Whatever you need. //

That was all Clark needed to hear. He reached down and ripped Lex's pants from him, throwing the tattered halves toward the wall. Lex was now completely naked under him and it was driving Clark mad. He had to be inside his lover right now. Reaching down, he pushed Lex's thighs apart and stroked a finger over his hole. He couldn't stop his hand from shaking as he pushed it deep inside.

Lex couldn't help the sharp cry that escaped from his mouth as Clark entered him unlubed. His own cry was soon matched by the high pitched squeal of a newborn.

"Fuck!" Clark hissed, Lily's cry penetrating even his lust-fogged mind. He jerked his hand free none too gently and rolled off Lex. He was panting as he tried to force down the lust and desire surging through his body.

"She's just startled Clark," Lex tried to sooth his lover. "I can calm her down and get Dick to watch her for an hour. Then we can do whatever you want."

"I'm gonna take a shower," Clark ground out as he got up and headed for the bathroom that was attached to their room. He wanted to put his fist through something and that was no state to be in around Lily.

Lex had gotten up and was trying to calm Lily. She just seemed to be getting more agitated. Like she was somehow intuned with her parents.

Clark closed the bathroom door behind him, careful not to slam it and upset Lily any more. He turned the shower on cold and stripped off his clothes. He'd have to remember to gather up Lex's ruined pants and dispose of them. It wouldn't do to have Bruce asking questions. He yelped and jumped back when he stepped into the shower then forced himself to stand under the icy spray. It did wonders for cooling his rampant libido and some semblance of control finally started to return.

It also helped that Lex had snuck into his mind and was sending calming, soothing thoughts. Especially the assurance that he'd be able to do whatever he wanted to do to Lex later. That promise was enough to finally allow him to overcome the urges surging through his body. With one final shake of his head, he stopped the ice cold flow of water, grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist. He took a deep breath and still dripping he asked through the mental bond, // I'm better now. Is it alright if I come out now? //

// You never had to leave. Lily's just going back to sleep now. I'm sorry I woke her. I really didn't mean to. //

Clark stepped sheepishly into the main room, his eyes lowered. "I'm sorry I lost control." An apology always sounded more sincere when said out loud.

"That's alright," Lex soothed. "I'm sorry I woke the baby. You want to tell me what happened? What got you so worked up?"

"I saw something I had no right no see," Clark mumbled.

"What did you see?" Lex asked. He took Clark by the hand and led him back over to the bed so they could sit down and talk.

"I saw Bruce and Dick," Clark admitted in a guilty whisper. "I didn't mean to spy... I was just curious."

"Tell me what you saw," Lex said. "What were they doing that got you so... worked up?"

"I found them after Bruce had... had spanked Dick," Clark admitted. "At first it sounded like he was really hurt, but then they..."

"Ah," Lex smiled. "Then they had their normal make-up sex. I can see why you were so hot for it when I woke up. Bruce and Dick can be quite... stimulating."

"You've watched before?" Clark growled. Expression going from guilty to jealous. Somehow the idea of Lex watching didn't sit well with him. Of course, he didn't even think that he'd just finished watching them, he just wanted to suddenly keep Lex all to himself.

"A time or two," Lex replied truthfully. "Once it was part of Dick's punishment. I had a front row seat that time. But that's all I ever did, love. Just watched. And not even that since you came along."

"Bet it wasn't much of a punishment for you to watch," Clark grumbled, but was a little more appeased. Dick seemed like the exhibitionist type.

"Trust me, at the time it was. Bruce made sure of that," Lex said. "Normally, though, Dick doesn't really mind an audience. Neither does Bruce as long as all the watcher does is watch."

"It was... intense," Clark admitted suddenly. "They knew I was there."

"I bet it was. And Bruce can usually sense when he's being watched. He didn't mind or he would have said something."

"He... took him after he'd spanked him," Clark said. "On the couch. And all I could think about while watching them was you."

"What about me?" Lex asked. He manoeuvred until he was on his side lying next to Clark. He let his hand come up to ghost across his lover's abdomen, making the muscles jump and quiver.

"About doing it to you," Clark admitted. "But I'm not supposed to be thinking that Lex. I'm supposed to let you be in control."

"We share the control. And that sounds really fucking hot, Clark. I'd love to feel your hand heating up my ass then feel you taking me afterwards. What about you, lover? Does that get you hot?"

"Maybe," Clark grunted, his breath catching.

"Only maybe?" Lex teased. "I think you're lying. I think it gets you hot. Want to find out?"

"Yeeesss..." Clark groaned. "But not with the baby in the room... I want you to call out as loud as you want..."

"Give me five minutes," Lex said as he jumped up from the bed. He quickly donned a pair of jeans and gathered up his daughter. Heading toward the staircase he found Bruce and Dick just emerging from their room.

"Hi, Lex..." Dick greeted brightly.

Bruce's greeting was more sombre when his eyes swept over Lex's body. Bruises were beginning to form on his neck, around his nipple and palm sized bruises were evident on his hips, under his low riding jeans. "Lex."

"Just the men I wanted to see," Lex smiled. "Can you guys watch Lily for a little while? Clark and I have some, uh, unfinished business we'd like to attend to."

"No," Bruce said curtly.

"Bruce? Is there a problem?" Lex asked, frowning.

"Yes," Bruce said and then turned to Dick. "Go and stay with Clark and the baby. Lex and I are going to have a little talk."

"Hold it," Lex said before Dick could take a step. "We'll talk, Bruce, but let Dick take the baby downstairs. I don't think Clark's up for company right now. Agreed?"

"I didn't want him alone with the child," Bruce nodded.

Lex handed Lily over wordlessly. He could see Dick was worried but he didn't have time for that right now. First he had to deal with Bruce. Following the other man into his bedroom, Lex closed the door behind him before launching into a tirade. "You had no right to say that," Lex seethed angrily. "Clark is no threat to our daughter."

"Oh really?" Bruce said in a cold low tone. "I would have thought he was no threat to you either. But here you are covered with bruises."

"And if I took a look at Dick's ass would I see anything different?" Lex challenged. "Clark didn't hurt me, Bruce. He wouldn't. And you know damn well how easy I bruise."

"It's different with Dick and I," Bruce grunted.

"Why's that? Because you're the one laying down the bruises?" Lex challenged. "The bruises on me are just as consensual as the ones on Dick. And I didn't even get them from my lover hitting me. He was just a bit rougher than normal. That scene downstairs really got to him."

"I would have thought he'd go back and acted the complete opposite. He was quite taken with Dick. And you should be the one in control, Lex. You're not a bottom and we both know that... I even knew that when you were his age. I think its one of the reasons we never got together."

"We never got together because you were too scared to take me up on it," Lex said, the gloves coming completely off. It was the nice thing about Bruce, they could say whatever they wanted to each other and still be friends when it was over. "And I am in control most of the time. But sometimes he needs to take over. There's nothing wrong with switching roles every now and then."

"Not when he can't handle it," Bruce shot back. "I know about the power struggles. And if you don't establish dominance now, he'll never know his place. Do you really think you could have a normal relationship with the white picket fence. I know you too well, Lex. I know you love control too much. I'll even bet he was a virgin, wasn't he?"

"Yes, he was," Lex said. "Not that it's any of your business. I know I need to establish control but... there are extenuating circumstances that you know nothing about. Leave things be for now, Bruce. Clark won't hurt me. Clark *can't* hurt me. And he would never, ever harm our child. She's a part of me. The bond would never let him."

"What bond?" Bruce asked, his eyes narrowing. Something clicked. Bruce's senses tingled that this was the key to explain of all of Lex's strange behaviour.

"Shit," Lex spat. "Can we forget I ever mentioned that? Right. Okay. Clark and I have a bond. Because of it we know things about the other. And also because of it Clark could never harm me. We have to stay together, though. At least for the time being. I'm pretty sure things will stabilize later on but for now I can't be away from him for more than a day without... repercussions."

Clark had sensed Lex's fear and an alarm sounded along the bond. // Lex?" //

// Everything's fine, Clark. Bruce and I are just having a chat. Dick and the baby are downstairs. I should be back in just a bit. //

// He knows. // Clark said matter-of-factly. // Fine. Ask him about his secrets. Ask him about the secret rooms. //

// Not now. I know he knows and we'll all have a nice long chat about it later. For now, Bruce and I need to hammer out a little misunderstanding on his part. //

// Fine. But if you so much as squeak, he's a dead man. //

// Bruce would never hurt me, love. Just like you would never hurt me. You both care for me too much. //

"You might as well tell your young lover hello for me," Bruce's voice cut in. "And that he'd he'll answer to me next time I see a bruise on you."

"Clark can mark me any way he sees fit to," Lex told him. "I'd let him brand me if he truly wanted to. He's not hurting me, Bruce. I know you don't really believe that but you're just going to have to trust me on it. If not, we can head back to Smallville now."

"Dick would kill me and I'd miss you," Bruce admitted, trying to bring his temper into check. "I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I know and I appreciate it. So will Clark once he's calm enough to be reasonable. We're still working the kinks out of all of this. You have to give us time."

"Only you would fall in love and bond with a gay teenage mutant," Bruce chuckled. "With a temper and protective streak possibly as big as mine."

"Ha ha. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get back to said lover so he can put a few more marks on me. We'll talk later. All of us. Clark seems to think you're hiding something, too."

"Aren't we all."

<><><><><><>

Clark carried a protesting Lex down the main staircase. He knew his lover was still sore from their lovemaking. He did set Lex on his feet when they reached the bottom, though. Even he knew that Bruce would probably fly off the handle if he had to carry Lex in. That was one point in the man's favour, he was very protective of Lex.

"You know one of the only reasons I let you carry me is because I know how much you love it," Lex grumbled.

"You like to indulge me," Clark smiled. "And I'm glad. I know I didn't really hurt you, but..."

"But it makes you feel better," Bruce finished Clark's sentence for him. He was leaning against the doorway of the dining room, with his arms folded, eyeing the couple carefully.

Clark glanced away, shame at being caught in so intimate a moment flushing his cheeks. Something about this man intimidated him and it wasn't just his past with Lex. Still, this man was Lex's friend, one of the few people his lover considered family. Clark would get along with him if it killed him.

"Lex looks happy enough," Bruce said in his eerily non-emotional voice. "Maybe someone should have spanked him along time ago."

Clark pulled Lex to him a bit tighter and glared at Bruce, his earlier embarrassment gone now. "I wouldn't suggest it. He can be rather hard to control," Clark said, his eyes saying what his words did not. If anyone tried to touch his mate like that he'd kill them.

// It's okay, love. I think in a strange way, Bruce was trying to make joke. // Lex tried to pacify his lover.

"Personally, I would have thought impossible to control," Bruce said. "Lex was never the one to take the submissive role in anything. That he does with you is... disturbing."

// That wasn't a joke. // Clark growled mentally at Lex and then growled at Bruce. "Maybe we like to have a more equal relationship than other people. Love and respect... sharing. I know that treating your lover like an equal might disturb some people."

"Okay, guys, knock it off," Dick said from the sofa. "Bruce, stop baiting him and Clark, man, stop falling for it. So what if it bothers Bruce? It's your business, not his. This is just a side of Lex he's never seen before. It's got him puzzled."

"He hates not knowing everything," Lex supplied, out loud, especially so that Bruce could hear it.

"And you're all a bunch of damn alpha males or a bunch of testy tops... including you Lex," Dick said. "So I suggest everyone shut up, sit down and maybe, just maybe we can discuss this like grownups."

"Yes, Dear," Bruce said sarcastically. He walked across the room and sat down beside Dick. He was going to need his lover's support if he was going to get through this talk without bodily harm being done to someone.

Dick hit Bruce in the arm. "Stop being such an asshole. This is serious."

"Sorry," Bruce said contritely. "Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Come on and sit down, you two. I'm not going to bite. I promise."

"I wouldn't believe him," Dick snickered. "He bites all the time, but I doubt he'll bite you."

"As long as he keeps his mouth away from Lex I don't have a problem with it," Clark grinned back, trying to relax. He would find a way to get along with this man for Lex's sake.

"Bruce kinda thinks of Lex as his little brother in a perverted kind of way," Dick offered. "You'd think there actually were related if you took in how big of assholes they can be sometimes."

"Dick..." Bruce said warningly. It looked like someone needed another lesson already.

"Ahhh..." Dick cooed at Bruce. "Look, he wants to discipline me again. He's so easy."

"Um, Dick, not to interrupt the lovefest or the possibility of another show but I thought we were supposed to be having a talk," Clark said.

"Right... a talk," Dick said, dragging his eyes away from a brooding Bruce. The gloomier his lover, the hotter he was. "I think my ass your name on it later, right Brucey? But really, you have to learn how to maintain a sense of humour about this whole thing. It's supposed to be fun."

"Watching you bait Bruce is fun," Clark replied. "But things are different for me and Lex. It's... there are things going on that you don't understand."

"And you can't tell me you don't bait Lex?" Dick rolled his eyes. "Maybe not to get the same thing, but I've seen more than one pout or puppy dog look from you to get his attention or affection."

"Sure I do," Clark admitted easily, surprising both Lex and Bruce. "But there are... extenuating circumstances. I think that's what Lex called it to Bruce."

"I assume your talking about your shared gift," Dick said nonchalantly.

"Yes," Clark replied, seeing no point in lying. He had thought Bruce would keep it to himself and cast a rather suspicious glance in the older man's direction. He could understand it, though. He wouldn't have wanted to keep something like that from Lex.

Dick laughed at the guarded look on Clark and Lex's faces and the shocked one on Bruce's. "Oh, Bruce didn't tell me anything. I new something was special about you two the minute I saw you together. I grew up around of number of gifted people and know how to spot it. From twins who could read each other mind, I swear, to Bruce's sixth sense. I just didn't know the extent of it. Obviously, it must be a pretty deep connection."

"You could say that," Lex offered, somewhat guardedly. He wasn't sure how much to reveal. He trusted Bruce, and Dick by default, implicitly. That didn't mean that Clark did, though, and he had no right to tell his lover's secrets without his permission.

// We can tell them about us, they'll guess it eventually. // Clark told his lover. // We just won't tell them I'm an alien. If they ask, we'll stick to the story that I'm a mutant. //

// Are you sure? We don't have to tell them anything. We can leave now if you prefer. // Lex didn't want Clark to feel as if he had to do this. He wanted it to be Clark's choice.

"You can talk to each other in your heads," Dick said, taking the choice away from them. "Can't you?"

"Yes," Clark replied. "But it's a bit more than that. I can listen in on his conversations with others and I can tell what he's feeling. I know when he's hurt and when he's scared and when he's mad."

"It makes sense," Dick said, starting to get excited. "I mean, if you watch you... really, really watch you two, you can tell. Lex kind twitches his lip a little when's he talking and tense, he did that and he wasn't talking to anyone. And you, Clark, you get jumpy sometimes when Lex is alone with Bruce."

"That's got nothing to do with our being able to talk in our heads," Clark said. If they wanted to get everything out in the open then he was willing to do just that. That included the fact that he knew damn well Bruce was a rival.

"I would never let Bruce stray," Dick said deadly serious, dropping his usual exuberance.

"I don't doubt that, but I know a rival when I see one," Clark said calmly. "Look, I don't mean for that to sound like I'm accusing anybody of anything because I'm not. I'm just trying to clear the air here. I can't help how I react to him. If you want to the truth, I think part of it has to do with how Lex reacts to him. I pick up on that and the whole jealous vibe starts."

"And how exactly do I react around him?" Lex asked, keeping it verbal for everyone's benefit.

"You care for him very much, almost as much as you care for me. And you're attracted to him," Clark said, his voice still calm and reasonable, like he wasn't talking about his lover being attracted to another man.

There was no point in lying to Clark. "I'm attracted to him, yes, but not to the same extent I am to you and I would never act on it. And yes, I care for him, but not in the same way I care about you. Like Dick said, we care for each other more like brothers."

"I already know that, Lex," Clark said. "If I didn't we sure as hell wouldn't be staying in his home. But you said yourself the attraction's still there. I pick up on that and act out. I'm sorry. I know it's not very mature of me but I can't help it. He's everything I'm not and never will be."

"He's also mine," Dick chimed in, unconsciously moving to Bruce. "Do you understand that? I fought for him and have every intention of keeping him. He may be older than you, richer than you and whatever you think he is... that's what I want. I love him for his good side and his faults and trust me there's a lot of faults, but Lex doesn't want that. He fucking wants you."

"Dick, calm down," Bruce said, gripping the younger man's arm. "Clark knows that. Lex asked what he was picking up on and Clark told him. That's all. If you could feel my emotions and found me attracted to another man you'd be just as jealous. So would I, for that matter."

"Did you like it when Bruce fucked me?" Dick blurted, his eyes locked with Clark's.

"It was hot," Clark admitted, blushing slightly. "But more of a gee that would be really hot to do with Lex kind of thing. If that makes any sense."

"And when you got to recreate that little fantasy, and I know you did...did it ever once cross Lex's mind that he wished it was Bruce doing it to him and not you?" Dick continued to push.

"I wasn't," Lex assured Clark.

"See," Dick said, his emotions getting the better of him. "I'm trying to tell you that you might get jealous and you might not be able to help it, but you have to trust Lex. Don't you think I get jealous? You get to share your lover on a level I don't. I can see Bruce appreciates Lex. At least you get to be around your lover and you're out. I have to watch my lover go out on dates with the top pussy of Gotham just to keep me hidden. So... so just live it, Clark. Okay?"

"I'm trying to but it's not that simple. We're not out. Not really. I don't think I could handle what you have to, though. If I saw him with someone else it would kill me. I... It was bad enough knowing that he got that whore pregnant. I love Lex. He's everything to me and I just keep screwing things up."

"Then let him take control," Dick said. The conversation had gotten to the point where it wasn't like Bruce or Lex was even in the room. This was one miserable friend giving advice to another miserable friend. "He's going to do what he wants anyways, you might as well not put up a fight."

"I tried that but I didn't do very well at it," Clark admitted. "I... I make him give in too much. I know I do I just can't seem to help it. The bond... it screams in my head sometimes telling me I need to take him, I need to make sure he knows he's mine. I'd do anything to make him happy. I'm scared he's gonna get tired of all this and just walk away. You know?"

"I know exactly what you mean," Dick echoed, finding a mirror of himself in the other sad, young man.

"Dick," Bruce said softly. "You really feel that way?"

Dick shook his head and looked back at Bruce, like he'd forgotten he was there for a moment. He tried to plaster on a grin, like the one he hid behind all the time and said. "Hey, this is getting a little to serious for me. How about we raid the kitchen... shoot some pool?"

"How about we stay here and talk about how you think I'm going to leave you instead?" Bruce asked, his voice soft but commanding. He couldn't believe Dick really felt like this. He'd sell his soul for this boy.

Dick looked down at his shoes, scuffing them around on the carpet a bit. He couldn't refuse Bruce when he used that tone. The bat tone. "I think you'll always keep me around... you need me," Dick admitted. "But I always kinda thought you'd marry one of those socialites... continue the Wayne Dynasty. I'd be happy to play any sorta role in your life... as long as you don't send me away."

Bruce was stunned. Where the hell was his cocky young lover? He knew Dick had a few insecurities but he'd never thought they ran this deep. "Dick, I have no intention of marrying some woman in order to get an heir. I love you. I plan on spending the rest of my life with you. And that's with you as my lover, by the way. My lover. My partner. My friend."

"Maybe you should punish me for doubting you," the words barely escaped his lips.

"And maybe I should take you upstairs and love you within an inch of your life," Bruce countered. "Maybe then you wouldn't think I'm going to run off with someone else."

Dick coughed, trying to regain his composure. "We have guests. And I promised I'd take care of Lily. I want to spend as much time with her before she leaves."

"She's not leaving for a while," Clark said. "And it's not like we live that far away. Trust me, you're going to get to see her plenty."

"You're very lucky to have her," Dick said. "I'll babysit whenever you guys want. I figure she's the closest I'll get to having kids around here."

"You guys could always adopt if you wanted to," Clark said. "Lex and I talked about it before... before Lily came along."

"Bruce doesn't like kids," Dick mumbled.

"Oh," Clark said. "What about you? Do you want kids?"

"Doesn't matter," Dick shrugged and then tried to slip back into like his familiar persona. "Can everyone just forget the morose bastard who's been inhabiting my body for the past few minutes? I'm going to ask Alfred to start looking for a pod."

"You haven't been morose," Lex said. "You've been being honest. Something I think we all need to work on a bit. While there's no way for Clark and I to actually lie to one another we can, and do, hide things. Like the fact that he picked up on the attraction. I hadn't even realized it was still there let alone that he was picking up on it."

"Don't mind what I said... just do whatever works for you," Dick said quickly. What he needed to was get out of this room. He was getting too jealous of the type of relationship his friends had. Of the family they had. While they couldn't lie to each other, he would lie to Bruce if it meant he could keep him. Bruce didn't need to know he wanted children more than almost anything. And he would do everything to convince Bruce that the flicker of insecurity he has seen today was an aberration. He'd make sure to tease and flirt to the best of his ability. In other words, he'd distract his lover. "Now I think I should go look for the pod."

"Dick, do you want children?" Bruce asked, refusing to let it go. He knew Dick. He'd twist and turn the conversation until the whole thing was forgotten. He didn't want that to happen.

"I grew up so close to my brother," Dick said wistfully. "My parent's always wanted more children, but couldn't have anymore. I miss my family. But you're my family now. You don't want kids... I'll live with that."

"You know couples reach compromises about these things all the time," Bruce said. "Maybe I said I didn't want kids because I knew I was in love with a man so I thought the point was moot."

"I don't want to cause any trouble," Dick said, getting up from the couch. "Can we drop this... please? Can we just forget I said anything today?" He knew Bruce hated to talk about things. Hated to admit he had anything feelings at all. And he'd already seen Dick's insecurities... Dick's weakness and he would only let Dick help him in the field if he was strong.

"No, we can't forget about it, but I will drop it for now," Bruce relented. "We'll talk about this again later. I'd like some time to think about it actually. I've never really considered whether I wanted children or not. Just told myself I didn't because I had no intention of ever having any. Anyway, we're supposed to be helping Lex and Clark. So..."

"So you can help us, by working out your problems," Lex said, getting up off the couch and picking Lily up out of the bassinette. "At least we know we're not the only ones with issues. And Bruce, I suggest you ask yourself why Dick let's you have all the control unquestionably. Come on, Clark."

Clark stood up to follow Lex then turned back to Dick. "If you need to talk, you know where to find me," he said.

"Maybe later... if I can walk after Bruce's through with me," Dick mumbled.

Clark frowned and knelt down so he was eye to eye with Dick. "Will you be okay? If you say no, I won't leave you here alone."

"I'll be fine," Dick said, looking back at Bruce. "Go be with you family. I have to face the music. But thank you for... being a friend."

"I'm here if you need me," Clark said then leaned down to whisper, "and I'll hear you if you call."

"Thanks," Dick said. And left it unsaid that he wouldn't call out for anyone's help if... no when, Bruce decided to punish him.

Clark stared at Bruce for long seconds then turned and headed up the stairs to Lex and Lily. It wasn't his place to interfere in this. He'd keep his ears open but that's all he would do unless Dick called out to him for help.

"I don't suppose you're willing to forget everything I said today?" Dick was the first to talk after Clark left the room.

"No, I'm not," Bruce said firmly. "I had no idea you doubted me so much. I wish you'd said something."

"I don't doubt you," Dick said desperately. "I love you."

"You think I'm going to throw you over for some trophy wife," Bruce said. "You admitted that yourself. And I love you, too. That hasn't got anything to do with this."

"I said you'd keep me around," Dick said for explanation. "I don't think you'd ever stop seeing me. I know how much you love sex with me. You need the release."

"Yes, I do. But I need you more. I love you. The sex with you is incidental. Dick... you do know... I'd marry you if I could. I'd be proud to have you for my spouse. What can I say to make you believe me?"

"I wouldn't let you endanger your cover like that," Dick shook his head. "I'm happy with what we have. You don't need to convince me of anything."

"Bullshit," Bruce said. "For some strange reason I need to convince my handsome young lover that this old man still wants him fiercely. I'm never going to tire of you, Dick. Not ever. Believe that, please."

"And I have to do everything in my power to please you so you don't tire of me," Dick said. "It's a two way street."

"I need to ask you something and I want an honest answer," Bruce said suddenly. "What Lex said... about you letting me have control all the time... is that really what you want?"

"You've been in control since the first day we met," Dick supplied. "It's natural."

"But is it what you want?" Bruce asked again, his stomach tightening painfully.

"It's what you want, so I want it. I've never really known anything else."

"Maybe I should show you something else then," Bruce said, swallowing thickly. "So you have something to compare this all to."

"Don't fix something if it's not broken," Dick said. "This works for us. You need to be in control in every aspect of your life. You need to take care of me. It's the only way you'll let me take care of you when you're Batman. And I won't leave you alone out there. Not for anything."

"I'd never ask that of you. You're my partner. You're also my friend. The fact that you're my lover is separate from those two. If you don't want me controlling you as a lover then say so."

The offer was tempting in a way, but Dick knew he'd be lost without Bruce's guidance. "I need that from you. Don't take it away."

"I won't," Bruce said, relieved. He would have done whatever Dick said he wanted but he wasn't quite sure how. The Bat demanded that he be the one in control but he'd have found a way to fight it for Dick. "I love you. Whatever you need, I'll give you or die trying."

"Maybe if I was someone else... or if you were someone else... we could have something different," Dick babbled. "But we are who were are. And I haven't known anything else and you can't give me anything else..."

Bruce decided the time for talk was past. He reached out and grabbed Dick by the neck and pulled him forward. The kiss was hard, his lover's lips parting under his own from shock alone and Bruce wasted no time in delving his tongue inside. What Dick needed was to know that he was still desired. Well, the Bat could show him that in spades.

Dick relaxed into Bruce's grip and a small whimper escaped his lips. He fisted his hand into Bruce's shirt, holding them together even closer. Bruce was his whole world. Bruce felt Dick grip him and groaned into his mouth. He slid his hand up to fist in his lover's hair and held him in place while he ravaged his mouth. Dick's submission always got his blood up and this was no exception. He was almost ready to throw him over the back of the couch and fuck him senseless. Again.

"Excuse me, Sir," Alfred's voice stopped those actions.

"Yes, Alfred?" Bruce asked, his voice giving away nothing.

"It's supper time, Sir," Alfred said. "I believe Master Dick should eat as he hasn't all day. And he has been feeling under the weather."

"Well, we can't have him wasting away," Bruce said, forcing down his libido. Some things you just didn't cross Alfred on, Dick's well-being was one of them. "Could you let Lex and Clark know?"

"They're already in the dining room, Sir," Alfred answered. "I've prepared Cheeseburgers and french fries. Master Clark seems quite anxious to eat."

"Very good, Alfred. We'll join you shortly," Bruce replied. He laid his head down against his lover and sighed. Looks like they'd have to wait to finish this for now.

Dick groaned. "Alfred is so spooky sometimes. It's nice he doesn't want me to get laid."

"Yeah, I did notice that. Don't worry, I'll make up for it tonight. Now come on before he comes back to see what's taking so long."

"At least he made my favorite," Dick said. "I love it when you are forced to eat with your hands. So undignified..."

"Why thank you. I'll remember that. Anything else undignified you'd like to watch me do?" Bruce asked as he stood and helped Dick to his feet.

"Pamper me would be a start," Dick smirked. "Maybe a new motorcycle..."

"Should I hand feed you? I think Clark might get a kick out of watching that."

"Mmm... the Bat is rather possessive tonight, isn't he?"

"The Bat is always possessive but tonight he feels like staking his claim."

"You could just tattoo 'Bat's Bitch' across my forehead."

"Oh that would go over well," Bruce quipped. "I can just see Alfred's face now. Personally, if I'm going to tattoo anything, it'd be your ass."

"Property of Bruce Wayne?"

"Something like that," Bruce smiled as they joined the others in the dining room.

<><><><><><>

Lex and Clark were back in their room, with Lily sleeping quietly in the corner. Clark was lying on the bed, with his back on the headboard and Lex between his leg, upper body resting on Clark's chest.

"I don't want this to sound the wrong way, but I'm kinda glad were not the only ones with issues," Clark said.

"Me too," Lex replied. "It kind of puts things into perspective to know that other people have just as many problems as we do. Even if the problems aren't exactly the same."

"Bruce has a lot of control issues," Clark said. "Did Dick even have any other lovers before him?"

"Oh he had a few. Growing up in a circus saw to that. He came into his sexuality pretty early on. I don't think he had a lot of experience with men, though. Bruce might even have been his first in that department."

"Dick worships the ground he walks on," Clark shook his head. "And I wonder who it really was who introduced the dominance games to their relationship. Dick said one day that Bruce basically said he had to follow his rules or he'd be on his own."

Lex frowned. "That doesn't sound like Bruce," he said. "I mean, I know he likes those kind of games but I can't see him giving Dick an ultimatum like that."

"Sounds like a parent if you ask me," Clark said. "Because that's what he was in the start to Dick. A guardian... a parental figure. Exactly how many years older is Bruce?"

"Quite a few," Lex said. "Fourteen to be exact."

"I'm glad you're only a few years older than me," Clark said, leaning over to nuzzle Lex's neck. "And I know what he told you about being in control. About being my father, brother, lover bullshit. I already have one father, I don't need two."

"I have no intention of ever trying to be your father," Lex said, leaning into Clark's touch. "I don't want to blur those lines. Bruce and Dick have enough trouble because of that. I'm your lover. Your equal. I'm neither above nor below you."

"And no matter what goes on in the bedroom, I know that," Clark smiled against Lex's skin. "I just think it's kinda funny that this... change... I'm going through isn't as instantaneous as I thought. I thought I was all grown up."

"Not quite, it would seem," Lex said with a smile. "And for that, I'm glad. I didn't want you to grow up all at once. I want you to enjoy your youth. We've got all the time in the world for you to be an adult."

"I'm so glad you think so..." Clark hedged. "Because then you won't say no."

"Say no to what?" Lex asked with some trepidation. Clark hedging was always a Bad Thing.

"I invited Dick to the farm for his long weekend," Clark admitted. "Without Bruce."

"Why did you do that?" Lex asked.

"Because he needs a break," Clark said. "And he did say yes. You know he's been with Bruce for three years? And even though he's been to school, he doesn't really have any close friends."

"I don't mind, Clark. I just wondered why you didn't invite Bruce along, that's all."

"Because Dick needs some time to just be... Dick. Not Bruce Wayne's lover. That and Bruce even won't be here," Clark said. "He has to some sort of international business he can't get out of. So Dick was either going to spend his time here alone with Alfred the Creepy Butler or in some hotel room waiting for Bruce to come home."

"Okay," Lex said. "I agree I'd rather have Dick with us than here all alone. But why did you think I'd mind?"

"Because you're the one who's gonna be around him all day while I'm in school and I kinda said he could help out with Lily... I wasn't sure if you'd want to share her..."

"I don't mind sharing the baby with her godfather," Lex said, somewhat relieved that Clark had mentioned returning to school. He hadn't wanted to fight with his lover about it again but he did think it was the best thing for Clark to do. "Dick will always be welcome in our home. I'd like to think that Bruce is welcome, too."

"Dick convinced me to go back to school," Clark said in answer to Lex's unspoken relief. "He blackmailed me... if I was in school when he visited, he'd teach me how to ride his motorcycle. And yes... Bruce is welcome, too."

Lex would have to remember to thank Dick for that. "Just be careful. Dick can be a bit reckless on that thing."

Clark sighed and rolled his eyes. "Yes, mom. Invulnerable... remember?"

"I know that but Dick doesn't," Lex cautioned. "And he is very breakable. So try to keep him on a bit of a leash, okay?"

"Leash?" Clark snorted. "I'm not Bruce."

"No but I'd really like to return Bruce's lover to him in the same shape he arrives in," Lex said. "I don't want to piss him off."

A little more seriously, Clark mentioned, "Dick's terrified of pissing Bruce off. That's no way to live. Sometimes I think Bruce forgets he's Dick's lover and not father."

"Dick's got a lot of insecurity issues. Kind of like someone else I know. He's scared Bruce is going to wise up and leave him. He doesn't realize that Bruce is wrapped around his little finger. Bruce can be hard on him, yes, but only because he wants to keep him safe."

Clark's hand drifted down to cup Lex's groan though his pants. "And are you hard on me for my own good?"

"Oh fuck," Lex groaned. "For both of us. If you keep that up, you'll find out just how hard, lover."

Clark popped the button in Lex's pants and worked his hand until he gasped Lex's cock. "Uh huh. And who in our relationship has who wrapped around their little finger?"

"I th-think we're both wrapped." Lex couldn't help but thrust up into Clark's hand. It always felt so good to have his lover's hands on him. The bond was singing between them, ecstatic as ever at their coupling.

With one hand Clark released his own cock and then picked Lex up by the hips, pushing his pants down and settling his ass against Clark's groin. He started to stroke Lex's cock again and with every wiggle of his hips, Lex was driving Clark crazy.

Lex knew he'd really be sore if Clark took him again but he didn't care. All he wanted was to feel his lover sliding deep inside him, taking him over and over again until he was branded inside and out. Spreading his legs as wide as he could, Lex pulled Clark's head down and whispered in his ear. "Do it. Fuck me, Clark."

"I had another plan," Clark whispered back. "I was going to sit you on my cock and you can make me cum from just your sweet hole."

"Oh yeah," Lex moaned. He quickly helped Clark reposition them then he was sliding his body down Clark's length, taking it inside him with a gasp and a shudder. He was going to be sore alright. His body was already protesting a bit but he didn't care. He wanted this more than he wanted air to breathe.

// I'll heal you afterwards. // Clark promised and started to increase his stokes.

// Don't you dare. It's not bad and I want to keep feeling this for a while. // Throwing his head back, Lex gave himself over to Clark. His lover was stroking his cock with long measured strokes and it felt wonderful. He began to contract around the cock inside him, wanting to milk it with his ass just like Clark said.

Clark grunted and had to keep himself from throwing Lex flat on the bed and fucking him blind. He wanted this closeness. He opened up the bond and shared his joy with Lex. Lex felt Clark's emotions pour over the bond and had to bite his lip to keep from crying out. Everything seemed to double and then triple as Clark pushed them toward completion. He was doing everything he could to bring Clark off, knowing he was short minutes from it himself.

// Love you, Lex. // Clark repeated as they lost themselves in the bliss of mixed minds and feelings.

// Love you, too. // It was the last coherent thought Lex had. A moment later he was cumming then Clark was following him, filling him up for the second time in so many hours.

A few minutes later, Clark was the first to speak. He was still inside of Lex, having wrapped his arms firmly around Lex's waist so he wouldn't move. "Lily's going to wake up in a few minutes."

"I'll get her when she does," Lex said. A few moments later he realized what Clark had said and looked at his lover. "And just how do you know that?"

"Her breathing changed," Clark said. For him it was an every day occurrence because he monitored her very closely.

"Ah. You're better than a baby monitor," Lex replied.

"You know she can't stay in the same room with us forever. But even if she's right next to us, I just do it. Just like I do for you."

"Good. I like it when you look out for us. It makes me feel safe. Loved."

Clark was feeling his cock begin to twitch again and he smiled. "I can make you feel a whole lot more again."

"You do that and I won't be able to even sit up let alone walk," Lex laughed.

"Ah... the magic of healing," Clark crooned and twitched his hips a little.

"Oh yeah, do that ag..." The ringing of Lex's cell phone startled both men. Lex snatched it off the nightstand and answered it as quickly as he could in the hopes of not waking Lily.

"Lex, is that you?" Martha shaky voice greeted him.

"Martha? What's wrong?" Lex was instantly alert, his full attention on the phone. He didn't even feel Clark pull out of him and lean up beside him.

"Are you alright? Is Lily okay?"

"We're fine, Martha. Clark and Lily are right here with me. Why? What's happened?" He could hear the tears in her voice and it stabbed him in the heart. He hated the thought of her in tears.

"We... we got a package in the mail," Martha said. "It was filled with pictures."

"Damn," Lex cursed under his breath. He could feel Clark tensing beside him. "What kind of pictures?"

"Pictures of the family. Of everyone. You, Clark, the baby and us. Some of them are at the farm. Some of them even look they were taken in Gothom. Some of them show you and Clark and even Jonathon and me in... in compromising situations... It all came with a note that said 'I'm watching'."

"We'll be on our way back in a few minutes," Lex said. "Put them someplace safe. I want to have a look at them when I get there. Martha... I'll fix this. Okay. Just put them up and don't look at them anymore, but don't let Mr. Kent destroy them. Not yet."

"Jonathon hasn't seen them yet," Martha admitted. "He's on his way home. I called you right after I called him. Maybe you should stay in Gotham. Maybe it's safer."

"No way, Mom," Lex said. He and Clark were already getting out of bed and dressing as he spoke. "We'll be there soon. Try to keep Mr. Kent calm until we get there."

"You just keep Clark calm," Martha countered. "We love you both and Lily. Be careful."

"We love you too, Mom. We'll be there as quick as we can." When Lex hung up the phone Clark was just packing up the rest of the baby's things. He handed the bag to Lex and carefully picked up their sleeping daughter.

There was light knock on the door. Clark called out, "Come in."

"Thank you Master Clark. I've prepared a lunch for the road and alerted Mr. Wayne and Master Dick that you'll be leaving us," Alfred said from the doorway.

Thanks, Alfred," Lex said. "Are Bruce and Dick downstairs?"

"Yes, Sir," Alfred nodded. "I'll just alert the driver that your on your way down. It was a pleasure having you here. Especially Miss Kent."

"Thank you, Alfred," Clark said. "We'll be sure to visit as often as we can. I'm sorry this one had to be cut short but we're needed at home."

"Of course, Sir," Alfred said briskly and exited the room.

When the door, Clark stopped for one minute and shivered. "He's spooky. How did he know that we were leaving?"

"He's a parent. Parents always know."

"Right... and we're going to be like that with Lily?" Clark said doubtfully.

"You can count on it," Lex said as they made their way downstairs. "Especially when she starts to date."

"She's not dating," Clark deadpanned. "I've already decided she's becoming a nun."

"Right. Keep telling yourself that, Clark." Bruce and Dick were waiting for them by the door. Lex thanked them both and told Dick they were looking forward to his visit. He promised to call as soon as they got back to Smallville and let know they were home safe.

"If you need anything... protection or just information, you'll contact me?" Bruce urged.

"You'll be the first," Lex said. He hesitated for a moment then hugged Bruce tightly. He and Clark both shook hands with Dick then they were headed toward the car hoping to get back to Smallville as fast as they could.

The journey seemed far too long for both of them, but even if it felt like an eternity, they finally pulled up to the Kent farm. Jonathon was waiting for them out on the porch and shooed the driver away when he tried to pick up their baggage.

There was no talking as they made their way inside. Clark settled Lily in her crib in the kitchen and they all sat down at the table to talk. They waited as Lex made a quick phone call to Bruce then they began. "This came today," Martha said, pushing a package toward Lex.

Lex opened the package and quickly shuffled several dozens photographs. All of them were taken from an obvious distance, but still maintained a relative quality. Obviously whoever had taken them had used the most up-to-date digital surveillance equipment.

"Whoever took these is a professional. You can bet he was paid a lot of money for this," Lex said after looking through them all. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry we didn't know he was taking them," Jonathon grunted. "Or else I coulda gotten some long range target shooting practise."

"Jonathan..." Martha said, warningly.

"Martha's right. You don't want to do that. This family needs you," Lex added.

"Wouldn't have killed him," Jonathon grumbled. "Or at least I would've buried the body real deep."

"I can understand the sentiment," Lex said. "You do realize that my father is behind this?"

"I'd expect so," Jonathon nodded. "It's not like him to leave sleeping dogs lie."

"I want you to know that I'm going to take care of this," Lex said. "It's me he's after here. Me and Lily. I'm not going to let him hurt your family just to get to us."

"What we're going to do is file these pictures away for evidence in case he ever tries anything again," Jonathon said. "They we're going to sit down like a family. You're going to tell us about your trip and we're going to forget this ever happened."

"Sir... I don't think that's a good idea," Lex said. "This is a very real threat to your family. Those pictures were a warning. His way of letting you know he can get to you."

"And he wants to frighten us... drive us apart. That's not going to happen. He might be able to get to us, but there's nothing we can to but be careful. So now get into the living room. I have something for Lily," Jonathon stated.

Lex looked at Martha and Clark for support but they only smiled at him. They were quite used to this Jonathan Kent. This was the man that wouldn't let anyone or anything harm his family. This was also the man that was determined for his family to live their lives as they chose without anyone else cowing them.

"Now get," Jonathon said firmly, waving his hand towards the living room. He grabbed the photos and stuffed them in a near by drawer. He'd put them down in the storm cellar with the rest of their secrets when everyone was asleep.

Dutifully his family adjourned to the living room. Clark carried Lily's crib in and set it down in the corner so she'd be close by. Lex was glad. Right now he didn't think he could handle his daughter being in a different room than him. Not with someone out there watching them.

Jonathon walked into the living room carrying a small plastic bag marked 'Fordmans'. He sat down next to Martha on the couch and coughed. "Now I was in Fordmans' looking at tools and just happened to pass by the baby section. Don't make a big deal out of it, I just got a few things for Lily." Jonathon said and passed the bag to Lex.

Lex smiled widely and peered into the bag. He knew right away Clark wasn't going to like it but hoped his lover would hold his tongue. While Lex didn't care for pink either, it was perfectly acceptable for a little girl. Clark was just going to have to get used to it.

"I had no idea on size," Jonathon said.

Lex pulled out a bright pink t-shirt that would at least fit a six month old that read 'Grandpa's Girl".

"I can see that," Lex said. "She'll grow into it, though. And she'll be able to wear it longer this way." He tried not to smile too widely but it was damn hard. Jonathan Kent considered Lily his granddaughter. That meant he considered Lex his son. If he wasn't careful he'd end up bursting into tears like a damn woman in a minute.

"I got you something, too," Jonathon admitted. "The lady at the store every mother... parent, needed one. Swore to god it fit every a purse did and the diapers."

Lex pulled out the purple diaper bag and sat stunned. It had fluffy white lambs capering all about it. It had to be the most hideous thing he'd ever laid eyes on. And did he just say it fit everything a purse did? He glanced at Clark then back at his lover's parents. "Thank you. It's just what we needed," he said, sounding as diplomatic as he could. He was going to have a very long talk with Clark about the fact that he was not a woman. He did, indeed, have a penis and if he had to pull the thing out and show it to Jonathan Kent he would.

"There's even a baby book in there," Jonathon continued, unaware of his stupidity. "We used to read to Clark all the time. I got Clark's favourite... 'Green Eggs and Ham'. I wasn't sure what you liked, but I know you liked cars, so there's a little book on cars in there. Lily might grow up to a mechanic for all we know."

Lex bit back a retort about his daughter growing up to be a mechanic. No need to piss off the man when he was trying so damn hard. He pulled out the Dr. Seuss book instead and looked at Clark. "This was your favourite, huh?"

"Yeah... I used to make dad read it to me for hours," Clark nodded.

"I'm sure she'll love having her daddy read it to her as much as you did," Lex said.

"We put a rocking chair in your room," Martha said. "It used to belong to my mother and Jonathon fixed it up real nice."

"You didn't have to do all that," Lex said. "But thank you. It's... it's nice to have a family."

"It's nice to have you as part of our family," Jonathon said it before Martha could. "And if you don't like the gifts... I saved the receipts. I don't know if they're appropriate or not, I just wanted to help a little and start spoiling her early."

"They're perfect," Lex said. "I'm just not used to getting gifts. At least gifts that weren't bribes in disguise."

"Oh they're bribes alright," Jonathon grinned. "Bribes to get quality grandpa time. All the cute stuff without the diapers."

"Ha," Martha scoffed. "Like that's going to get you out of diapers."

"How about my devotion to my lovely wife?" Jonathon tried again. "And if all else fails, there's always the rocking horse I'm working on."

"Oh come on, Mr. Kent, you raise cows. How bad can a little diaper be?" Lex teased.

Jonathon narrowed his eyes and looked hammed up his suspicious look at the bassinette. "I've heard they haven't been able to scientifically prove how such little beings produce such big... messes. And besides, a Holstein isn't half as frightening as a newborn."

"You got that right," Clark put in. "She's... she's so tiny. How can anything have such tiny little fingers? And toes! Her toes are even smaller."

"Everyone of you big, bad men had such tiny toes," Martha laughed.

"Not like that," Clark said, shaking his head. "She's just so delicate. I'm scared to death I'm going to hurt her or something."

"You just need to pay attention to how your mother and Lex handle her," Jonathon said. "They know what they're doing."

"Right," Lex laughed. "We so know what we're doing."

"I've seen you hold her," Jonathon said more seriously. "Like she's made of fine china. Something really special. I'd call that knowing what you're doing."

"She's my daughter," Lex said with a shrug. "She's the second most precious thing in my life."

"Welcome to the life of an old married man," Jonathon said. "The best in the world."

"I can't argue with you there, Mr. Kent," Lex said. "I've never been happier, even with the problems we've had to face."

"Everyone has problems," Jonathon and squeezed Martha's hand. "Some are just bigger than others."

"Like my father," Lex said. He hated bringing it up again but the normal Kent strategy of burying your head in the sand until the bad thing went away just wasn't going to work with Lionel.

Jonathon sighed. "You've already eliminated grievous bodily harm from my options. What else is there? We can't go to the police."

"No, no police. That would only... complicate things," Lex said. "There are ways to deal with this. You probably won't approve of them but I give you my word I won't kill him. Just... let me handle this and... be on your guard."

"Lex..." Jonathon said in a warning tone. "I don't want you do anything stupid. You have a young family that needs you to come home."

"I have no intention of leaving my family," Lex assured the man. "If Lionel won't back off on my say so I have some rather influential friends who can see that he does." // I'm gonna owe Bruce my left nut by the time this is done. //

"Damn it," Jonathon hissed and slammed his fist in frustration down on the coffee table.

The sound of Jonathan's fist against the wooden table was enough to startle Lily from her sleep. She began to wail loudly, both in fear and anger. She was definitely a Luthor when it came to her creature comforts and one of her chief ones had just been interrupted.

"I'm sorry," Jonathon muttered and got up from the couch and began to pace. "I shouldn't have done that... but this is just so... frustrating. There's nothing I can do to protect my family."

"There's plenty you can do," Lex said as he lifted his screaming daughter from her bed. "You can look out for us and keep an eye out for strangers. No one knows this land like you do. You'll know if someone's around now that you're looking for them. I know it's frustrating. Believe me, dealing with Lionel is always frustrating in one way or another."

Jonathon eyed Lex and Lily. "You're both new to the family... I'm supposed to be protecting you." He hated that his position as head of the family could do little more than make them a target.

"First off, I look to you for stability, not protection," Lex said. "Though you've done a pretty good job of that, too. You worry about protecting Martha and Lily. Clark and I can take care of ourselves."

"I didn't want to talk about this... but now that we've brought it up. I want to promise you and Clark this. If anything... serious happens to one or both of you... and I know it won't, but... but if it does... you have my promise that I'll find a way to kill Lionel Luthor and we'll take care of your daughter," Jonathon promised solemnly.

"Oh no you don't," Lex said. "If anything happens to me and Clark you will leave my father the hell alone. I've already made provisions for custody should something... unfortunate... occur. I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave the revenge to someone else. You'll have my daughter to raise and it's not fair of you to leave the task to Martha alone."

"We'd have to leave Kansas," Martha said, hating this, but knowing the situation was that serious. "We could go to your friends for help?"

"My friends will come to you. You'll have everything you'll need to get safely away and start a life somewhere else. I've already taken care of it."

"That's enough," Clark snapped. "None of this going to happen."

"More than likely not," Lex admitted. "But you know me, Clark. I like to be prepared for every possibility. I don't want Lionel to get his hands on our daughter. If that means I have to consider a future that you and I are not a part of then I'll do it for her sake. And so will you."

"Why's he trying to get her anyways?" Clark asked. "Just to get at you?"

"To win. Lionel hates to lose. You know that. She's nothing more than a prize to him. But he's not going to win her."

"Someday, he'll pay," Martha said certainly, putting her trust in a higher power that had brought her a son she'd prayed for.

"To tell you the truth, Martha, I don't care if he ever gets what's coming to him," Lex said. "As long as he stays the hell away from Smallville, he can have the rest of the world."

"You can't hide forever," Martha countered. "You plan to spend the rest of your life in Smallville?"

"Smallville or Gotham," Lex said. "Either one works for me."

"I've always wanted to retire part of the year to the city," Martha said, with a small smile.

"Don't worry. We'll never take her far from you. I promise," Lex said softly. He owed these people so much. This was probably the only grandchild they were ever going to have. He wouldn't spirit her off to somewhere they'd never see her.

"Grandparents make good babysitters," Jonathon said, trying to come off gruff.

"Uh huh," Clark grinned, trying to ease the tension in the room. "Just remember that when she's got you wrapped around her little finger and running wild."

"A Kent run wild?" Jonathon deadpanned. "I think not."

"Oh no," Martha laughed. "I can't wait until the first time he tries to tell her no and she looks up at him with big blue eyes."

"Why would I tell her no?" Jonathon said with a smile on his face. "She's grandpa's girl. Not quite sure what to do with a girl, but I'm sure we can figure it out."

"All the same things you do with a boy just with Barbies instead," Clark put in, less than helpfully.

Jonathon made a face when Clark said Barbies. "I suppose I should get used to baby dolls and... lace."

"Lots of lace," Clark said, seeing his father's discomfort. "And frilly things. And stuffed animals. Little dresses and hats and... all that other girl stuff."

"I won't go dress shopping... I put my foot down there," Jonathon said. "I'll leave that to Lex and your mother. Unless you want her dresses in little itty, bitty flannel shirts."

"Oh come on, Dad. It could be fun," Clark said. It was all he could do to keep from laughing. He wasn't looking forward to dress shopping either to tell the truth. Maybe they would leave that to Mom and Lex.

// I think it's time we had a little talk... dear. // Lex's voice sounded in Clark's head. He sounded ticked off.

// Um... okay. Now? // Clark wasn't sure what he'd done to piss Lex off but he wanted to find out. With Lex it was always best to get this stuff out in the open as quickly as possible. If you let it fester you ended up with a hell of a mess on your hands.

"Clark and I are just going to be in the other room," Lex said, placing a now calmed Lily in Martha's arms. Then he turned and walked into the kitchen.

Clark jumped up and followed Lex leaving his bewildered parents behind. He didn't want to take the time to explain and leave Lex waiting. When he walked into the other room, he saw Lex pacing by the table. That was not a good sign. "You, uh, wanted to talk?" he ventured.

// Do I have a dick? // Lex huffed mentally, giving Clark a dirty look.

// Um... yes? // He wasn't sure where this was going but he didn't like it already.

// I don't think your father thinks so. //

// Lex, I'm sure my dad knows you have a dick. //

// Then why does he treat me like a woman? // Lex demanded. // Am I that overly effeminate? //

// NO! Not at all. I think he's just, you know, confused. It's like it's the only way he can accept it. For it to make sense to him. //

// I'm your little woman to him. //

// Lex, no. Look, I'll talk to him, okay? I'll make sure he knows that's just not true. I love you. You're my... my mate. Not my wife. Not a woman. Okay? //

// He bought me a fucking purse... with lambs on it. //

// I'll talk to him. Okay? I'll fix it, I promise. Please, don't be mad. // Clark was starting to panic. He knew his dad just didn't understand. The only way he could really make sense of it all in his mind was to relegate Lex to the role of wife. But Lex wasn't his wife. Lex was a man and it was about time that his dad started realizing that.

Lex sighed out loud when he felt Clark start to panic. // Listen... he's trying. Maybe we should leave him alone for a while. At least this way, he's accepting me. He has come along way in such a short while. What really upset me is that I felt you agreeing with him. //

// Oh God, Lex. I don't. I know you're not a woman. You're not my wife. I don't ever expect you to be. I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me. //

// I'm not mad... I just want you to realize we're equals in this. We'll both change diapers and take her shopping. I might enjoy it more, but that doesn't mean we won't do it. We're her fathers... I'm not her mother. //

// You're right. // "You're right," Clark said aloud, wanting Lex to hear it from his lips and not just his mind. "We're partners in this. She's my responsibility just as much as yours. More so, really. I'm the one that pushed you into taking custody of her."

"And I'm happy every day you did," Lex said. "You both mean the world to me." // And I suppose it wasn't a purse... it was a diaper bag. I should give him a little slack for that. //

"I will talk to him, Lex," Clark promised. "I don't want you thinking that I see you that way. I don't. I never have and I never will."

// You'd better not or I'll nail you the mattress for the rest of your life until you remember. And I do realize, I'm not a big a testosterone freak as your father is. //

// Well if you're going to threaten me like that I might have to reconsider. // Clark grinned at his lover, letting his eyes roam up and down Lex's body. He loved it when Lex took control. He wouldn't mind getting pinned to the mattress and punished at all.

Lex groaned again. He did not need to deal with an erection and his parents-in-law. // You're such a slut. In the best way possible. //

"Lex..." Clark hissed. // You know how much that turns me on. You just hold that thought until we get upstairs. Then I'll show you just how big a slut I am. //

// That's one of the things I love about you the most. // Lex said. // And no matter what I'll always love you. No body... not our fathers, Bruce... or even our daughter will come between us. //

END.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to creed_cascade@hotmail.com