Title: King of the Gray Spaces

Author: Te

Author Email: thete1@earthlink.net

Author Webpage: http://strangeplaces.net/te/index.html

Category: BDSM, First Time, PWP

Spoilers For: Tempest

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Clark/Lex

Summary: Lex doesn't ask if Clark's ready.

Disclaimers: Not even close to mine.

Spoilers: Vague one for Tempest.

Author's Note: Well, see below.

Te: Hokay. Quick and dirty porn. Loosen the muscles. SPIKE! Give me an improv.

The Spike: ummmm... cherries. tar. sparkle.

For Livia's Bradbury Title Challenge.

Acknowledgments: To the late-night IRC crew, to Becc and Jenn for pointing out problems (remaining ones aren't their fault, of course), and to the divine Miz E.: Consider this a deposit.

 

King of the Gray Spaces
by Te
*


He doesn't ask if Clark's ready.

Lex doesn't ask, and Clark's mind seizes on that with a kind of scary desperation. Like *that*, more than anything else, is the most important thing going on here.

Blunt teeth catch him behind the ear, and Lex hums out something like a growl. Clark can feel his knees buckling, his fists clenching.

He didn't ask.

"Lex --"

Hand on his mouth, long, strong fingers dragging over his lips and down. Palm flat to Clark's chest and his heart is beating like an
accusation.

Lex shoves him hard, shocking enough to make him stumble, trip over his own feet and land sprawled in the dirt. "Wha --?"

But he doesn't need Lex's shaken head, the brief glitter in his eyes to know he isn't supposed to say anything.

Lex didn't *ask*, and now he's standing over Clark, backlit like the best art, like Clark's best nightmares. Standing over him and stripping off his shirt, and Clark's so hard he aches. Wants to thrust, even with nothing to push (into) against, even fully dressed.

He's not sure if he knew this would happen when Lex pulled over. Just another drive to nowhere, somewhere, silence between them -- had it been tense? Had Lex watched him more than usual from the corners of his eyes?

Lavender silk in the dirt by Lex's feet and bare skin beneath and the questions judder to a halt. Clark can't tear his eyes away from the sight of Lex's hands on his belt buckle.

Sharp tug. Release. Pull.

The sound makes Clark think of snakes, of unrelenting sunlight on glittering scales, of his dry, dry throat and slickening, thickening cock --

Can't wait for whatever game this may be (he didn't ask), just opens his jeans and tugs them down with his shorts, down around his knees (didn't ask just took just bit), yanks his shirts over his head, and when he looks up again Lex is still holding the belt.

Moans aloud before he can even think about trying to hold it in, because he's *heard* of this, and even if it's nothing that (belongs) happens anywhere near Smallville, neither are he and Lex. Wrist- flicker and Lex is sliding the tongue of the belt in lazy trails over Clark's chest and belly.

His throat when he turns his head to pant.

His cock, and *that* makes him jump, thrust. Arch a little.

"Clark."

That's it. Just his name, but it makes him squeeze his eyes shut. Shudder against the heat, the rising thick scent of sex and road tar, the sparkles of color behind his eyes.

"You really would let me whip you in a field in the middle of nowhere, wouldn't you?" Lex's voice is a low murmur of appreciative amusement, almost sleepy in its huskiness.

And Clark *wants* to have something to say to that, something witty and clever or at least sexy, but all he can think about are all the late night phone calls that Lex never complained about. All the times his voice had sounded like that and Clark had just assumed...

"What if I wanted you tied?" Lex drops smoothly to his knees, straddling Clark's thighs. Firm hand on his jaw, another brushing lazy over his eyes. "Blindfolded?"

"I... please --" Clark bites his lip and forces himself not to shake Lex's hand loose. He hadn't meant to say that.

Low chuckle. "All of the above?"

Clark shudders and digs his fingers into the soil, some insanely practical part of his mind noting its relative dryness and wondering about drought even while the rest of him is trying to remember how
to breathe. "Lex." More a gasp than a word, and Lex tilts his head. Leans closer in a perfect exaggeration of attention.

Did he assume Clark was ready for... this? Whatever this was? "Lex, I just... I want..."

Shark's smile, brief and terrifyingly real. "So do I." And Lex's palms are flat on his chest, splayed for a moment, almost cool. Almost a relief just to be *touched*, in the implicit promise of an end to the tease.

"*Please*."

Lex curls his hands into claws and rakes them down Clark's torso, short, sharp nails digging in hard, not hard enough, and Clark hears himself make a sound more crow-like than human.

"Oh God --"

Again and Clark pushes up into it, eyes open just long enough to see the hungry gleam in Lex's own before he has to close them.

Again and Clark arches, wants to beg, the scratches end lower on his belly every time and he can *feel* his skin everywhere, touched and untouched. He's sweating and Lex is scratching him, just *scratching* him, and his cock bobs with every dig, every release.

Again and Lex hums low in his throat, making Clark aware of the sounds *he's* making, and God, yes, he wants this. Lex knew it and waited and waited and now he's not waiting anymore and Clark is writhing in the dirt for this.

"Beautiful. You like this..."

"Oh God oh f-fuck --"

Hands on his wrists, pushing them down hard for a moment before pulling them up over his head. Lex braced above him like something out of a primitive triumph, and it's his eyes more than anything else that leave Clark feeling utterly helpless.

Lex is *restless* behind them, awake and aware and more alive than Clark has ever seen him. Electric and focused on him, shifting just enough to rock their hips together.

Thin, soft wool like air, like sandpaper on Clark's sensitized cock and it's nowhere near enough, but it'll make him come anyway if Lex keeps doing it.

If Lex keeps looking at him like something wild and newly caught.

Owned.

The thought makes him groan and he can feel himself shooting pre-come on Lex's pants. Staining them, getting them dirty, getting *Lex* dirty, and suddenly Clark can picture this the other way around. Holding Lex down effortlessly and grinding him down into the good, good soil, scratching and biting and oh God fucking --

Cries out again and Lex squeezes his wrists hard, leans in to bite kisses all over his mouth before rolling off entirely.

Clark reaches out blindly, opens his eyes to find Lex working at the fly of his pants and swallows hard. Grabs his own cock to keep from just ripping Lex's clothes off, because... naked.

He knows. He's seen. Lex has been injured too many times, Clark's scanned him too many times for too many almost-innocent reasons...

Hairless. Smooth.

Long and thick and cut and beaded wet at the tip, waiting for Clark's hand, Clark's tongue, and he's speechless, frozen with the possibilities. Now that sex is actually happening, everything is *real*, and Clark wants to run away. Hide.

Or maybe just bury himself so deep inside it that he'd never be able to find his way out.

No time to do either before Lex has a hand in his hair, pulling him down into a hard, wet kiss that's nothing but intent. Mouth open and *hungry* for it, and Clark barely manages not to fall over again when Lex wraps his other arm around his back and hauls him close.

Hard and strong and smooth all over, hot and slick where they touch, and Clark moans into Lex's mouth and finally gets his hands to work well enough to *touch*. Sleek skin and the work of lean muscle beneath and he thinks he'd do anything just to be allowed to have this any time he wanted.

All the time, no matter how terrifying.

Lex breaks the kiss and smiles lazily at him, staring at his mouth like a well-begun project. Tightens his hand in Clark's hair and tilts his head back. "I could bite you all over..."

Will he have it in him to be humiliated at the sounds he's making? Even long after Lex is done with him? "Please. Just... you can do anything..."

Ruthless bite right at his pulse and Lex's fist is around his cock. "Like this?"

"Oh God --"

And Lex jacks him hard and slow, twisting strokes nothing like the ones Clark uses to get himself off... except that now he knows he won't be able to use anything else. Lex holds his head steady, staring, drinking in every reaction Clark can't hide, and it's good. So good.

Unbelievably male in a way Clark hadn't even considered, and he wants to kiss every callus on Lex's fingers. Lick them and rub them against his tongue --

"We'll get to that."

Blushes hard and tries to dip his head, but Lex just tightens his hold.

"No. I want to see your face while I do this."

"Lex --"

"Don't try to hold in the sounds. I want to hear them."

"Oh God please, please..." And he's bucking into Lex's strokes now, urging for faster, trying to twist his hips against Lex's rhythm, eeding more. Bites his lip hard --

"Open your mouth, Clark."

Shakes his head a little and Lex immediately stops stroking. Clark opens his eyes and stares a little wildly. "No, don't --"

"Don't bite your lip."

"I..."

Lex's voice is deadly serious, but there's something dancing behind his eyes. Clark doesn't trust it enough to call it laughter, at least not any kind of laughter he knows, but... "I want to hear every sound you make, Clark." Lex's possessive little squeeze to his cock makes him gasp.

"Please..."

Lex's eyes fall shut for a moment before he grins. "Just like that." Light trace of a fingernail up the underside of Clark's cock.

"You... you don't have to... I want --" Barely remembers not to bite his lip when Lex starts stroking again. "I want this." So badly, he doesn't say. What are you doing to me, he doesn't ask. "Please don't stop..."

"Shh. Just take it, Clark." Easy, soothing voice and avid eyes and it makes something wrench low in Clark's belly.

Something hot and painful-sweet like breaking open.

Clark clenches his fists at his sides, panting and moaning desperately, shaking his head against the wet slap of skin on skin and the unshakeable sense of being devoured by Lex's stare. "Need this. Need..." No idea what he's trying to say, but Lex just nods.

Accepting it like his due and stroking faster, squeezing harder, and it's a thought skittering around the edges of Clark's mind. Slippery, hard to catch, harder to want with Lex working him so sweet, stoking him so high. Chokes out a cry too high-pitched for his age. "Harder -" And cuts himself off with a gasp, because *that's* it.

The shove, the scratching (so good so hot)... there's no way Lex is treating him like someone who could be hurt.

"Oh God --" Comes hard and shaking, eyes squeezed shut against...against...

He doesn't know. (no matter what happens, Clark...)

Opens his eyes warily just in time to see the tip of Lex's pink, pink tongue tracing a lazy line through the come in his palm. Jesus. Clark's cock twitches painfully. Lex watches him over his hand, licking up every drop.

Cleaning himself like a *cat* and ignoring his own erection and the amusement is back in his eyes.

When he's done, he leans back on an elbow, kicking his clothes off the rest of the way and stretching out easily. They could be on a bed. Anywhere. The setting sun is just making everything redder (cherry), more explicit, especially with the lean and naked expanse of Lex just... waiting. More naked than anyone else, ever, and absolutely careless of it.

Clark crawls over awkwardly, pants still around his knees, and Lex spreads his legs in welcome. Takes his cock in hand, whole body tightening for a moment that makes Clark shiver. Open his (just take it) mouth.

"Suck me," Lex says, and holds his cock away from his belly with one hand. Traces Clark's cheek with the other. His mouth.

Flushes hard and he knows Lex feels him hesitate.

Two-finger tap to his lower lip followed by a slow stroke that makes Clark feel like his mouth should be different than it is. Rougher, maybe, more textured. Something to be petted. He can't meet Lex's eyes. "I haven't --"

"You'll figure it out." Lazy, lazy smile in that voice and it pisses Clark off. More than any of the rest of it. Pulled out into a random field and worked like... like some kind of...

Stares at Lex hard and there's a flicker of *something* in his eyes, but it's gone too soon for Clark to figure it out.

Clark toes off his boots, feeling the sole go on the right one and knowing he'll catch hell for it but he needs to be naked now, needs to be something other than half-dressed and... *young*, up against a Lex with more weapons than Clark knows how to handle.

Braces himself over Lex and just *looks* for long moments, taking in the long, wiry body and letting himself make comparisons. Too hard for Lana. Too lean for Chloe. Too many shadows for Pete. Nothing like anyone else in his life and --

"Clark?" A raised eyebrow.

Clark lets himself loom, just a little.

And then a little more.

Leans in close enough to kiss, to feel Lex's eyelashes brush his cheek when he finally blinks, to taste the clementines on Lex's breath.

"I want this," he says, and kisses Lex slow.

Hard.

Taking every impromptu lesson and giving it back with tongue and teeth until he can *feel* the change in Lex's response. Something like the difference between indulgence and enjoyment.

Clark twines his fingers in Lex's around his cock, looks down between them just to see what it looks like.

Almost better than it feels. Shivers and leans in to lick a stripe along Lex's jawline, another at the taste of sweat. Pulls back again. "I want this." And he's tempted to stroke Lex the way Lex had stroked him, but does it his way instead. Pressure on the vein that makes Lex jump.

Hiss out something that doesn't sound enough like pain to make Clark want to stop.

"I want to hear you," and Clark meant it to sound pissed but he surprises himself with just *how* pissed.

Lex's eyes fly open, shocky and dilate, and Clark finds himself nodding at nothing.

"I won't let you fuck with my head."

And there's nothing easier than bending Lex up, getting his legs over Clark's shoulders and going down.

Salt-sweet and wet, so wet. Hard in his mouth, on his lip, weight on his tongue vulnerable and raw and Clark feels spit ribboning down his chin. Lex bucks, twists, bent and stretched like something performing for Clark's benefit, alternately silent and gasping fervent curses.

"Clark, you -- Jesus *fuck* --"

Makes his ears burn. Makes him suck harder, take Lex deeper. Clark cups his ass and squeezes hard, does it again when dying light reminds him of how pale Lex's skin is. How well finger-shaped bruises would show.

Someone needs convincing here, and it honestly could be either of them.

And Lex is reaching for his head, bucking and twisting, eyes wide and stunned. For once, nothing in them but *this*. Lex is here, in this moment. Surprised and helpless and oh *God*, Clark needs more.

Deeper. Something.

Pulls off just long enough to manhandle Lex into a better position, forcing him upright, standing over him again, but swaying. Pliant.

Clark doesn't give Lex a chance to recover, just slips one hand between his legs and grips his hip with the other. Swallows Lex's cock in a move he'd been reading about, dreaming about --

"*Clark* --"

His own name like a cracked blessing, viciously good and nasty sweet and yeah, this is better. Hotter.

Something between audacity and essential to slip a finger into Lex's cleft, gather sweat and circle the little hole and Lex's cock *flexes* in his mouth. Pulse of pre-come down his throat and shaking hands on his shoulders and --

"*Clark* --"

Lex's pumping hips and it's all a promise. Fervent offering and incoherent surrender -- Clark can *have* this. Right now, right here, he can push Lex down in the dirt. Roll him over and taste him everywhere, lick and suck and bite. Drive him higher, just like this...

Clark shoves his finger in hard, moaning at the tight, tight heat and Lex's hoarse cry.

Crooks it half-experimentally and Lex is coming, socketed tight in Clark's throat, balls spasming against his chin and Clark wants it all *now*. Hates time with a kind of blind, raw passion because he can't fold it, twist it to make this happen again, or to move past whatever comes after to the next time he'll get his hands on Lex.

Pulls off and out slowly, lowering Lex back to the ground. Strokes the long thighs and spreads them a little further apart, just because he can. Kisses Lex's navel, kisses it like a mouth until he can feel Lex's hands in his hair.

Until he can make himself look up.

Closed eyes and a tightness around the mouth that Clark deliberately smoothes away. Or tries to.

Lex bites his thumb hard, opening his eyes with a suddenness that makes Clark jump. Strong hand around Clark's wrist, thumb pressed to the center of his palm and Lex eyes gleam with an
emotion Clark isn't sure of. He stares back as steadily as he can.

"Teaching me a lesson?" Smooth, bland tone.

"You -- liked it." Nicer than the first words that come to mind, but Clark still winces internally at them. Thinks of Lex straddling him, watching him not-bleed from a dozen hard scratches.

Lex's answering smile is a marvel of ravenous victory. A conqueror's smile, even flat on his back and filthy with sweat and dirt. "Yes," he says. "I did."

And Clark tries not to think about what, exactly, Lex has won.


### The End ###