Title: Homage to V - "V Forever"

Author: PMD

e-mail:
mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Clana, sorta crossover, futurefic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game.

Summary: Chloe loves a certain 1980's Sci-Fi show.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, the characters, Freddy from the Nightmare on Elm Street series, Robert Englund, V and the characters, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BT2, SPP, A_Talon_Affair, BtS, Malu's site and Sabby's site. If anybody else wants it, all you have to do is ask.

Feedback: Yes I would love feedback.

Author Notes: This is to honor one of the best sci-fi mini-series from the past and a good TV series too. And this is also for a friend, who has teased me at times, about liking actors with the first name Michael. This came to be because of seeing something in the TV Guide about a script being ordered for V - The Second Generation. I was so happy that I had to write about my favorite series, with the aid of my favorite series right now, Smallville. And beyond these dedications---I dedicate this to my steadfast rocks, when it comes to getting over that brick wall---Sabby, Jay, Blaire and David. Thanks guys---it's much appreciated. Oh, if you need information on the characters mentioned below---e-mail me and I’ll tell you all about them. If I did it here, the author’s notes would be longer than the story. <g> Enjoy everybody.

 

Homage to V - "V Forever"
by PMD

I'm sitting at the table, looking at the entertainment section of the paper when I let out a yelp. "Oh My God!"

"Chloe, what's wrong?" Lana asks me. I watch her run over and sit across from me. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, more than okay---this is absolutely the best news ever, EVER!"

"Even better than you going out with Lex."

"Well, okay, second best news in the world. No, scratch that---third---you and Clark going out comes second."

"What is it? Come on, give---NOW!"

I hand her the paper and she looks at it, letting out a gasp. "Really? They better not be playing with us."

"You liked that show too?"

"Yes. Nell taped it and I watched it with her a couple of times---which is how I got hooked on it. How about you?"

"My dad---he absolutely adored Willie."

"And who did you adore, Sullivan?"

We both look in the direction of the voice and see Lex and Clark standing there. "It's for me to know and for you to find out, Luthor," I state, with a grin.

He rolls his eyes at me and looks at Clark. "Here we go again."

"Yes, but you love it when she's that way---admit it, Lex."

"I admit nothing, Clark," he states as he walks to my side of the table. I scoot over and he sits beside me. "Okay, I first need to know what we're talking about before I can figure out who you adore on the show."

Lana hands him the paper as Clark sits beside her, his arm going around the back of the seat. "What has got the girls so excited, Lex?"

"Besides us," he states, with a wry grin.

Clark returns the smile. "Yes, besides us."

"Boy you guys have a hefty opinion of yourselves," Lana replies, with a laugh.

"Don't they always," I say to her. I lean over and whisper, "After all, he's from another planet and he---he seems to be from another planet---at times."

I back away and we both chuckle at my whisperings.

"I don't want to know, do I?" Lex queries.

"No---so, who do I adore, Lex?"

"Besides me?"

I look heavenward and then back to his grinning face. "Yeah, besides you, you idiot."

He studies the paper and looks back at me. "Ahhhhh---80's mini-series---you weren't born then but I'm betting dear old dad has a copy and your dear aunt has a copy of it, Lana. Now to the hard part---I don't believe you were a Mike fan---maybe Juliet?"

"I liked both of them together---but it wasn't those two that I loved to watch---guess again."

"Hmmmmm---male or female?"

"Male."

"Martin?"

"Nope."

"Philip?"

"Nope."

"Kyle?"

"Nope."

"Willie---you liked Willie."

"Like is right. He was cute. Kind of hard to think of Robert as Freddy after watching him as Willie."

"But that's why they call it acting, Chloe," he states. "So, that only leaves one other person. It was---Chris!"

"Well, you are getting closer. But no cigar."

He grins at me---God, he even has the characters grin down pat. How does he do that? Wait---he knows!

I hit him on the arm. "Ouch---why did you do that?"

"You know who I liked from the start! You watched the series yourself to know all the names and probably practiced that smirk from watching him on the show."

He chuckles at that. "Yes, I know who you like, Chlo---you like Ham Tyler."

"Yes---and you are a ham for doing this---ham actor. Ooooh, why do I put up with this guy, Lana?"

"Because you love him."

"Yeah---don't know why but I do. Guess I just love unpredictable and dangerous men, while you love safe and predictable ones."

"Hey, I take offense at that. I'm as unpredictable as Lex is."

"Clark, honey, what color socks are you wearing today?"

"Red, Lana. Why?"

"And what color socks do you always wear on Friday's?"

"Re---oh. Well, predictable doesn't mean boring."

I pat his hand. "Clark, I never said you were boring---just predictable---safe, sound, wonderful for Lana. Me---I crave danger."

"Oh. Thanks, Chloe."

"So, I'm dangerous am I? Unpredictable?" Lex asks, with an evil grin on his face.

"Well, not as much as Ham but since you are real and he's not---guess you're the one for me."

"And don't you forget it, Chloe," he states, as he leans over to kiss me.

We back away from the kiss, breathing heavily and we hear a moan. We turn to see Clark and Lana kissing. As they back away, they're both blushing. We smile at that.

"So, how about we go back to the mansion and watch V?"

"Best idea you've had all day, Lex," I answer.

We get up and make our way to the door. "Lex, who's your favorite character in V?"

"It's Elizabeth," he whispers to me.

"Why Elizabeth?"

"Because she's half alien---that's a part of Clark I like. And because she's blonde and spunky---like a certain woman I love. And a certain partner I know and like very much."

"I like that answer," I reply, leaning up and giving him a short kiss before he makes his way to the driver side of the car.

"I thought you would, I thought you would."



The End.