Title: For You to Notice

Author: saves

Email: Swtr9@aol.com

Disclaimer: i do not own any Smallville characters- though i wish i owned clark!! :) and the title and the song in the story is written by Dashboard confessional

Spoilers: none

Content Warning: nothin bad

Summary: chloe's song- clark hears it

 

For You to Notice
By Saves


"For you to want me…" Chloe Sullivan sang softly as she edited the final touches of the week's issue of The Torch.

"Whatcha singing?" Clark asked, as he stood in front of her desk. He had quietly came in The Torch's office to see if Chloe wanted some company on the walk home.

"Huh?" Chloe asked surprisingly, still a little jumpy from Clark's sudden appearance, "oh nothing, just something I wrote."

"You write songs?" Clark asked in wonder, never thinking of Chloe in the sense of a musician.

"Sometimes- if an idea pops into my head and I'm inspired enough."

"Well, tell me something- what inspires Chloe Sullivan?" Clark asked, a little huskily, as he walked towards her desk.

"Well, you know- I mean, what inspires everyone," Chloe faltered a little under Clark's intense gaze, then when she saw his questioning look, added, "love."

"Love?"

"Yea- love. Not like "I'm so lonesome I'll die" love songs, but, I mean.. love songs…"

"What kind of love songs?" Clark moved around the table and stood next to Chloe's chair.

"Regular ones- you know. The "why aren't you mine" kind of love songs."

"Can I hear one please?" Clark looked at her with his intense blue eyes, almost looking into her soul, trying to hear her songs before they escaped her lips.

"Um, well no, I mean, no one's ever heard one before…" Chloe looked down at her hands, then with sudden courage looked up into Clark's eyes and started to sing softly:

"I'm waiting, for you to want me, for you to need me, for you to notice me"

While Chloe sang, Clark softly touched her chin, pulling him slowly near his lips, letting her finish , then softly kissed her.

"What was that for?" Chloe asked in surprise, and happiness, after they had parted.

"I just want you to know, I want you, I need you, and I sure as hell notice you," Clark said with such emotion, and noticing Chloe's gaze begin to falter kept on, "and I've noticed you for a long time now- I just never realized it."

"Clark- I , I don't know what to say…"

"Just say you love me like I love you." Clark said, pleadingly almost, as he got on his knees to look up at Chloe's face.

"You, you love me?" Chloe looked at him, tears springing to her green eyes.

"Yes, I love you. I am totally in love with you Chloe Sullivan. I just hope you love me too…"

"YES!! I LOVE YOU CLARK!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!" Chloe exclaimed as she jumped up, bringing Clark up on his feet to hug him. Clark chuckled at her excitement, and gazes into her eyes lovingly.

"I want you, I need you…" Clark sang softly as he kissed Chloe on the lips, "forever."

END