Title:"Female Bonding"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13 (for language)

Category:Hints at Chlex and Clark/Lana, friendship, angst, Chloe's POV, futurefic, AU

Spoilers: The Pilot

Summary: The bonding process between Lana and Chloe.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and the characters, I'm just borrowing, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this story, so don't sue me. As to Grease, whomever owns it, I'm just borrowing, will give it back, not making any money with it's use in the story, so don't sue me.

Archive: To SFF, TBT, Wwomb, Intrepid, and my page on my Wendy's site. If
anybody else wants it, all you have to do is ask.

Feedback: Yes I would love feedback.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to my friends David and Piper. For being my beta in the Smallville world---this is a thank you story, David. And for encouraging me and enjoying the ride along the way, Piper, this is for you too. Thanks guys. <g> This is also dedicated to everybody on the lists. Oh, this idea came from bonding that is happening on the series between Lana and Chloe. Enjoy everybody.


"Female Bonding"

by PMD


"Oh no---you are not doing my hair, Lana. What---you think this is Grease or something? This is a sleepover, plain and simple."

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Talk about the men behind their backs."

"Chloe! Okay, who are you and what have you done to my friend who's usual topic of interest is the Torch."

"Woman cannot live on stories alone---especially with Lex in their life."

"I guess you're right. Lex is pretty hard to ignore."

"Is there something going on between you and Lex that I should know about, Lana?" I ask her.

"I---no---nothing but business. Honest."

"Lana--I'm kidding. I know you only have eyes for one person---tall, dark and sometimes overachieving, Clark Kent. Remember when he used to fall apart when he got real close to you?"

She lets out a sigh. "Yeah---it was cute. Just wished I could have enjoyed it more."

"I enjoyed it enough for the both of us. So, when did you tell him how you felt?"

"I haven't really---yet."

"What?"

"Well, he's been busy and we haven't gone out on a date yet---with friends yes but not one on one---or two on two. Hey, want to go on a double date?"

"With whom?"

"With me and Clark."

"No, I mean who is going to date me."

"Lex."

"Yeah right---Mr. Industrial Genius is going to want to go out with a newly graduated high school student?"

"Hmmmmm----I don't know---he---"

"What? You know something Lana. Tell me or I'll tell Clark that you love him."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me!"

"All right but if he asks where you found out, don't you dare tell him it's me. Seems that a certain bald-headed handsome man has feelings for you, Chloe. And it's not only friendship---it's something deeper."

"And you know this how?"

"Well, he didn't out and out say it---he hinted at it. It's in the way he says your name or keeps asking about you. I think he's---shy----or nervous."

"Oh, that'll be the day."

"Business dealings are different then telling somebody you love them. What if they don't feel the same way? What if they laugh in your face?"

"I guess I can understand that because I'm the same way."

"Yes you are. But hopefully not now."

"I guess. Well, at least you know how Clark feels about you. The man has it bad, Lana. Always has and always will. Probably explains why---"

"Oh Chloe, you love him too."

"I once had a crush but I always knew nothing would come of it because he's always had feelings for you. I think on that day of realization I found out that there was somebody else for me. I was just afraid he didn't feel the same way. But since my perceptive girlfriend says otherwise--I'm going to take a chance. Will she do the same?"

"You betcha---shall we shake on it."

She takes my hand and we do and then hug. Then we hear a ping on the window.

"All right--who's doing that?" I ask.

"Lets find out," is her answer. We walk over and open the window---and look down at the men we were just talking about.

"What the hell are you two doing here?"

"We need to talk," is their answer.

The End---soon to come----Male Bonding.