title: Confessions

fandom: Smallville

pairing: Clark/Lex

rating: R

spoilers: everything

series: A New Destiny

status: Missing Scene - set before Searching

email: the_tenth_muse1@yahoo.com

website: http://www.geocities.com/the_tenth_muse1/

summary: Clark confesses the truth to Lex about being an alien...and something else. ;o)

warnings: not much. just some bad language and mush. *grin*

disclaimers: not mine, never will be, not making any money from this, honest! notes: someone (Dot, was that you?) wanted to see how Lex reacted to being told about Clark's alien heritage. so here it is, ages later. *grin*

 

Confessions

by Nancy

Clark looked hesitantly over at where Lex was working on his laptop. It was a quiet night because the other man had something that just had to get done for the next day. Though impatient, Clark knew that Lex had other responsibilities. Well, that and it gave him a chance

to really look at his friend without worrying about being caught.

Until Lex looked up unexpectedly and discovered the stare.

Flushing, Clark looked quickly away, returning to his own battered laptop where he was supposed to be working on a mid-term report. He groaned internally when he heard Lex shut his computer down, but kept his eyes firmly on the small screen in front of him. When the

couch dipped beside him, Clark admitted defeat and looked at Lex. "Finished?"

A faint smile surfaced and Lex replied, "No. But I did want to ask you something."

Clark flushed in anticipation. "Um, what?"

"Do you still, do you want more than this, Clark?"

"More than...?"

"This. Friendship. I know I hurt you before, badly, and I can't ever say how sorry I am about it, leaving you like I did, but...I do want more," Lex confessed softly. "Do you?"

Swallowing heavily, Clark stared into the earnest, deep blue eyes and answered, just as soft, "Yes."

Relief skittered across Lex's face and his smile broadened. "Good."

But a thought occurred to Clark and his own relief at finding that Lex still wanted him was dimmed.

"What's wrong?"

Drawing his legs up to sit cross-legged and facing Lex, Clark took his hand and sighed explosively. "Before we go any further, though, you need to know the truth. All of it. About me."

A strange look of fear came over Lex and he shook his head, replying, "No, Clark, don't. You, you can't trust me like that, whatever the truth is. You were right to keep it from me."

"In the past, yes. But you've changed and I have faith in you now, Lex."

The steady words seemed to calm Lex somewhat and he straightened and asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

After another hesitation, Lex nodded with, "Okay then. Tell me."

Now that the moment of truth was literally upon him, Clark didn't know how to begin. "Your father arranged for my adoption."

Lex's jaw dropped open. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah, I know. That was my reaction when I found out, too," Clark agreed, dry. "I...my parents found me right after the meteorite shower. Actually, I found them. The truck had gone off the road and Mom was still trapped inside."

Gentle, Lex squeezed Clark's hand and questioned, "And your real parents were killed by the shower?"

"No. No um...they caused it."

Lex blinked in surprise. His mind rapidly sifted through what he knew, what he had just been told, and all the things that he'd suspected about Clark over the years. Something clicked almost

audibly and he stated, "You're an alien."

Clark nodded, holding his breath.

Instead of fear or revulsion clouding Lex, understanding dawned for real and he exclaimed, "Oh my God, Clark, you're an *alien*!"

Grinning at the blatant, kid-in-a-candy-store expression on Lex's face, Clark confirmed, "I'm an alien."

Lex let out a whoop of excitement and jumped to his feet. "Do you know where your planet is? What's it called? Why did your parents send you here? When did you find out? Can you go back? Would you? How did you get here? What's the ship like? Where is it, anyhow? How

the hell do you hide a spaceship? And you know, I thought you were just, well, a strangely stable mutant, psychologically speaking, but I never even considered you were an alien! I should have with the spaceship sightings and all. God, I've got a million questions!"

"Really? I never would have guessed," Clark observed, still grinning.

Lex stopped on a dime, sheepish, and apologized, "Sorry, Clark."

"It's okay," Clark assured him. "I'm just happy that you don't hate me for not telling you the truth long before now."

Turning serious, Lex shook his head and rejoined him on the couch with, "No, of course not. Something this massive, this incredible...you were right not to trust me. But I swear, Clark, I

swear on my Mother's memory, grave, and soul that I will never reveal this to another living being. Never."

Though he knew that Lex wouldn't have told anyone, the vow set things completely at rest in Clark. Lex's memory of his mother was sacred and he would never swear on it unless he was looking for an ironclad promise. "I know. But, um, knowing this now, do you still...I'm not human, Lex. This changes everything. I wouldn't blame you if you just, you know, wanted to be friends...to not, uh, go further."

Lex cupped Clark's face, smiling briefly as he countered, "This changes nothing. You're still who you were before you told me just, well, with an unusual physiology."

"What if..."

"What if, what?" Lex prompted.

Hesitating over a fear that he'd never told anyone, Clark whispered, "What if I'm not normal? You know, when it comes to sex?"

That seemed to throw Lex for a few minutes as he seriously thought it over. "You mean that you and Lana, um, you never...?"

Blushing, Clark shook his head. "No. We didn't, well, get that far."

"So you've never...with anyone? Ever?"

Clark groaned in embarrassment at the incredulous tone and turned away from Lex, hiding his face in his hands with a muffled, "Never."

Lex's arm rested over Clark's shoulder and he said, "It's okay, Clark, I'm sorry. I'm just, shocked actually. Why hasn't anyone torn off your clothes and fucked you stupid by now? Are they all blind and stupid?"

The words shocked a laugh from Clark and he glanced at Lex, who was grinning madly. "You're mean."

"Yes, yes, I am. Best you get used to that," Lex teased. He dared a kiss to Clark's ear and continued, "It doesn't matter to me, Clark. If we make love upside down or flying, it's all good to me."

Clark choked on a laugh, again blushing furiously.

Curious, Lex asked, "What? What did I say?"

"The uh, the flying thing. That's a distinct possibility," Clark answered.

Lex blinked again in surprise as he digested the announcement. "Really?"

"Really."

"Oh. Um. *Wow*. That opens up *a lot* of interesting scenarios, Clark."

Clark couldn't help it. He laughed. This was definitely not how he'd envisioned this conversation going. Of course, that was a good thing, a very good thing indeed. Shaking his head, Clark commented, "You're a lot more open-minded than people give you credit for, Lex."

Grinning, Lex leaned his head on Clark's shoulder and replied, "Why don't we keep that just between us?"

Clark echoed the grin and nodded. "Sure."

"So. Clark. Now that we've got the secrets out of the way, there won't be any more, right? On either side?"

"Right," Clark agreed firmly.

An oddly predatory look came over Lex and he murmured, "I think we need to go out."

Confused, Clark asked, "Now?"

"No, Clark. On a date. A real one. You and me."

Clark's throat dried up suddenly at the hot gaze practically setting him on fire. He shifted uncomfortably as his cock began to harden and cleared his throat. "A date?"

"A date."

Feeling mesmerized by those eyes, Clark nodded. "Sure. A date. It um, it sounds good. Where do you want to go?"

"I think I'm going to surprise you."

Uh oh. When Lex surprised him, it was usually in a really big, really expensive, way. "Lex, don't go overboard."

"Me? Never."

"I'm serious!"

"So am I."

"Yeah, right."

 

END