Title: Anniversary

Author: Titti

Author Email: titti_adriano@hotmail.com

Author Webpage: http://www.titti.co.uk

Category: Established Relationship, Romance

Spoilers For:

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Clark/Lex

Summary: Clark thinks on how he and Lex got together.


Anniversary
By Titti

 

Clark's POV

Like all major events in a person's life, it all started with an insignificant conversation between friends on a very ordinary day. No mutants, no pheromone-enhanced black widows, nothing but a normal afternoon.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

Chloe, Pete and I are standing around in the hallway at school, discussing what to do, when Lana comes our way.

"Hi, Lana." I smile at her. Inside I feel like an idiot, but I can't stop this stupid grin.

"Hello, everyone." She has this angelic smile on her face and I melt.

"We're going to Clark's to hang out. Do you want to come with us?" I cringe at Chloe's voice. She's jealous and she has her reasons, but I can't decide which of the two I like more, or if I like either of them.

"I wish," Lana tells us. "After what happened with Desiree, Lex decided that the Talon is not making enough money."

"That bastard is trying to close the Talon again?" Pete is always looking for a chance to insult Lex.

"On the contrary. He decided that to make more money we need to expand. We are only using the entrance of the old theater at the moment. He wants to convert the other rooms into a club. Nothing as wild as the clubs in Metropolis, but it'll bring a little excitement to this town. We have been working constantly to make sure we can have the grand opening for Halloween." She
giggles. "I'm spending so much time with Lex that I feel I'm married to him."

I feel like I've been punched with a meteor-covered glove. That's just not right. She shouldn't be spending time with Lex. Lex is *my* friend. Wait? That didn't come out right, but I shrug it off.
The ability to ignore the obvious is one of the great traits one can possess in Smallville.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

Nothing happened that day. If I was expecting some kind of divine revelation I was disappointed. Instead, life continued just like it always had: chores, school, and friends. The only difference was that Lex and Lana were so busy with the Talon that I never saw either of them, until.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

I walk inside the Talon and see Lana and Lex sitting close together. She is wearing a short shirt and a tight top. The tramp. Again, that really didn't come out right.

Lex has black pants and a lavender shirt. Their knees are touching. Lana has her hand on Lex's thigh. He isn't moving away, not flinching, not backing away. That's just wrong. Lex doesn't like to be touched except by friends.and beautiful girls, I add mentally with a sigh.

"Hi, Clark." Lex looks at me, and smiles.

I grin back. "Hi, Lex, Lana."

"What can I do for you, Clark?" Lex gets up and nears me. Now, I know this is supposed to leave unaffected, but a burst of happiness travels through me. He picked me over Lana, and could I sound more childish? But that's okay since it's all in my head and Lex, unlike Ryan, can't read my mind.

"I just wanted to see if you needed any help. Tomorrow is the big day."

Lex nods. "Yes, tomorrow is the grand opening. We have everything under control, though. Now, we just need for the teens of Smallville to come and give us their money."

"I see. If you're not too busy before the opening, we're having the haunted scavenger hunt for the children at the farm." I keep my fingers crossed, hoping that he'll say yes.

Lex looks uncertain. Lana comes over and touches his arm again. I resist the urge to growl.

"Come on, Lex. It'll be fun, and the parents will appreciate that you're getting involved." She looks at him with her innocent eyes.

"All right, but if I go, you will be forced to come with me." Lana laughs at him and agrees.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

In retrospect, I should have known that my reaction wasn't normal, or at least not the normal reaction of a heterosexual sixteen year old, but I couldn't face even the possibility that I was gay. I was strange enough without adding this new layer. So I pretended not to want to incinerate Lana every time she got near Lex and smiled.

My self-imposed ignorance would have continued had it not been for the next day: Halloween.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

Lex knocks on the back door and walks in with Lana following him like a puppy. I'm in the other room with Chloe and Pete, but x-ray vision comes handy. I hear my mother gasp and I practically fly into the kitchen. Chloe and Pete follow me with total disinterest.

"Lex.you look.you look tanned." Boy, am I surprised. Lex is moonlight, pale and soft skin begging to be touched. I shake my head, willing these thoughts to go away, and focus once more on Lex.

He laughed at me. "Yeah, well, it's all Lana's fault."

I'm ready to kill the bitch. What the hell has she done to Lex? My father looks at the two with amusement, which of course he wouldn't wear the same expression if Lex were standing so close to me.

"Wow. You look good with a tan," Chloe tells him. I don't understand what's the sudden urge to be nice to Lex. They all hated him not too long ago.

My mother looks at Lex with a frown. "Lex, should you be getting a tan?"

"Don't worry; it's only self-tanning lotion," Lana reassures my mother. "It's for his costume tonight."

"I think it was an excuse so you could put that stuff on my body." Oh God, I hope they don't notice how I pale at the words. I use my vision and scan his body. Fortunately, the tan stops right at the waistline. I don't think I like the idea of Lana rubbing her hands over Lex's body, no matter what the reason is

"That's not true, and you know it. What kind of Siam king would you be without a tan?" Lana says as if that should explain everything. It must, because Chloe starts laughing.

"Don't tell you're going as Annie and king Mongkut of Siam." She is rewarded with a big grin from Lana and an embarrassed stare from Lex. I still have no clue what she is talking about.

"The things I do for the teenagers of Smallville," Lex says with a sigh.

"Maybe it's time you started hanging out with people your own age," my father tells him. Lex sends him a glare that could pulverize anyone, but my father ignores him.

"I don't think he can, Mr. Kent," Lana responds politely. "Most of the twentysomething crowd leaves Smallville to go to college. Lex is stuck with the teenagers or people who could be his parents."

I see Lex shiver. "Are you okay?" I ask him immediately.

He smiles sadly. "Yes, Clark. Anything associated with dad makes me less than happy."

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

Snapshots of an afternoon spent together. I can honestly say that I don't remember what happened next. I assumed the kids arrived and there was the annual scavengers hunt, but my thoughts stayed on Lex, because after seven years, he is the only thing or person that I can
clearly picture in my mind.

If I told my mother, she would point out that with my memory I can't forget anything, therefore if I don't remember anything else is because I didn't pay attention to anything else. But I'm not
inclined to tell her. No, I keep these memories in my heart, to share with no one but my Lex.

One thing I still remember is entering the Talon that night and seeing Lex.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

"Chloe, is that Lex?" I sound so stupid, but the shock is too much. Lex is wearing a pair of pants that remind me of a genie and a vest. Nothing else.

Chloe laughed at me. "What did you expect? Didn't you see Yul Brynner in the King and I?"

"Huh?" She shakes her head, clearly thinking me that I'm an idiot.

Lex approaches as with his usual grace. "Hey, guys. You better get inside, the club is already packed." He put his hand on my arm and I feel like I'm on fire, which is impossible since even when I was in the truck explosion I didn't feel anything.

"It's okay. It's not like I really can dance to that kind of music." I should have kept my mouth closed. Just another reason why I'm a dork.

"There is nothing to it, Clark. You just move to the music." Easy for him to say! Clubs like Zero were a second home to him. The only time I was inside a club, Lex was hanging upside down and was wearing a straight jacket. Not the image usually associated with a club.

"Clark?" Lex is looking at me intently.

"Huh?" I'm so glad that I'm wearing a pirate costume that cover my entire body, because I'm blushing and I know that the blush has spread through my body.

"You spaced out for a moment. Everything all right?"

I nod stupidly at him. "Yeah, Lex, just thinking."

"You're not supposed to think; you're supposed to have fun," Lana tells me as she reaches Lex's side. Her arms close around his left arm and she is flush against him.

Lex looks at her and smiles. "Doesn't she look beautiful?" I'm not sure if he is really asking us since he doesn't take his eyes off of her.

I look at her and Lex has a point. Lana has part of her hair up, with the back flowing down to her back. The wide décolleté shows off her breast. Although on closer look, it is so obvious that she shoved an entire drawer-worth of socks in her bra. I don't even want to consider the implication of having that idea.

Lana slips an arm around Lex and he reciprocates. Every time she speaks, she gets closer, pushing her breasts against Lex. I know they are talking because my three friends are moving their lips and making noise, but I can't concentrate on the words.

My eyes are fixed on Lana as she rubs herself against Lex, as runs a hand over his smooth chest, as her lips get dangerously close to his neck. Grazing. Teasing. Brushing. "Stop touching, already!"

They stop talking and stare at me. Why isn't there a mutant around when you need him? I swallow. "Sorry," I murmur and I'm out of there before they can say anything.

I use my superspeed to go home. I go straight to the barn. I don't turn on any light because I don't want my parents to see me. If they did, I would have to explain why I came home when every teen in Smallville is currently dancing at the Talon.

About twenty minutes later, I can hear the roar of an engine. I don't need to look outside to know that Lex is driving his Ferrari Spyder; I recognize the sound of all of his cars.

A few more moments and I can see his silhouette coming up the stairs. "Clark?" His voice sounds so uncertain that I almost don't recognize it.

"I'm here." No point in lying. Sooner or later he would force me to talk to him. I'd rather do it here, in the dark than under the bright light of day.

"I'm sorry, Clark. I wasn't trying to steal Lana from you." He moves closer. I sit up and make room on the couch for him. He sits next to me and I hold my breath. He hears it and moves away. "Look, Clark. I don't want to ruin a friendship over Lana. I admit I was insensitive. I wasn't consciously flirting with her; that's how I usually act with women. I didn't think that with Lana, a hug or a touch would hurt you."

"A hug or a touch." I get up and move to the window, away from him. "That's not what I saw." I remain calm and I'm proud that I'm not yelling. "She was throwing herself at you. Any closer and she'd be checking your tonsils." Oh darn, did I say all of that out loud? I guess my control is not as good as I thought.

I turn to face him and even in the dark, I can see the raise eyebrow and the curiosity in his glare. "Clark, what exactly bothered you?"

"You don't want to know," I say dejectedly.

Lex walks in the dark as well as I do. Soon, he is standing next to me. "Yes, I do."

"You really want me to tell you the truth, eh?"

"About this or in general?" He sighs. "Forget what I said. Yes, I want to know the truth about this."

I turn suddenly and with my usual grace, I almost fall on my face. I put a hand on Lex's chest to regain my balance. I realize that he is still wearing his costume. I should take my hand away, but the naked skin feels too good.

"This is hard, Lex. I don't know what to say. I mean a few minutes ago, I had no idea myself. Look, can we sit?" Lex nods, and I pull him toward the couch. We sit a few inches apart. I can feel the heat coming from him, but we aren't touching.

"Clark," he prompts me again.

"I...I... was jealous. I just didn't realize that it was because she was touching you. No one should touch you, no one but me. It's just I didn't know until just now, until you asked me. Well." I run a hand through my hair. There have been enough stray thoughts that it should have given me a clue, but.I sigh. "I don't know. I never wanted to think about the possibility that I was gay and it would ruin our friendship, and-"

"Clark. CLARK!" Lex's voice penetrates to my confusion. I can see the amused smile on his face.

"You think I'm an idiot." I close my eyes and wait for him to leave. Instead, he touches my cheek gently. I don't dare open my eyes.

Then, I feel his lips on mine, soft and lovingly.

~*~CK~*~LL~*~

Seven years have passed since that night, but my feelings for the man lying next to me haven't changed a bit, or if they have, they have deepened. He is sleeping in our bed, in our home.

I can't help moving closer to him. I begin to play with his cock. After a few moments, Lex moans.

"What time is it?" He doesn't even bother opening his eyes.

I prop myself on my elbow and look at the alarm clock. "Five thirty."

"Fuck, Clark. You may not need sleep, but one of us is human."

"My father is probably up already and he is human."

Lex snorts. "Don't talk about Jonathan when you have your hand on my dick."

"I have a better idea: no talking at all." Still pumping his erection, my other hand slips between his asscheeks. Lex is still relaxed from sleep and last night activities.

My cock presses against his opening. Lex moves one leg to give me more room. I don't waste any more time and enter him. We move slowly, spooned against each. No words, nothing can express the love we have for each other, instead we let our bodies express all we are feeling.

I go slowly, wanting to last forever, but his moans get louder, his heartbeat speeds up and I always know an instant before he comes. I smile as his body trembles around me and I surrender to my own orgasm.

When my own breath becomes normal again, I wish him happy anniversary. Lex turns and for the first time this morning he opens his eyes. He stares at me and lets me see everything: his love, his friendship, and his very soul. "I love you, too, Clark." He kisses me sweetly on the lip, just like he did that night. "Now, we are going back to sleep and we can do this again when we get up at a decent hour."

I laugh, but he knows I'll do anything he asks, because the simple truth is that I love him.

END