Title: - Choices.

Author: - Katt.

E-mail: - kattanon@hotmail.com

Rating: - R.

Feedback: - Like it or loathe it, let me know.

Archive: - If you’d like it I’d be honoured, just let me know. Archived at the Shield Fanfiction Archive.

Disclaimer: - I don’t own any of the characters of The Shield, they all belong to Shawn Ryan and FX.

A response to the 200 words Mars challenge issued at the Shield Fanfiction Archive.



Choices.
By Katt


Tomas felt stupid. He’d thought Julian was "the one". Thought he’d found someone who wasn’t going to be a quick fuck, but who’d be more, be his partner.

He knew that Julian was reticent. He knew that he wasn’t out, he wasn’t comfortable with what he was, who he was. Tomas had thought that would pass. He’d foolishly thought Julian would come around, he’d accept things.

Julian had been under pressure at work. That prick Mackey had used their relationship to put pressure on him. He’d warned Tomas to stay away, but he couldn’t. Tomas knew that Julian was the one, he just needed to get Julian to see it.

Then Julian had sprung this whole re-programming crap on him. He couldn’t believe he’d bought into that bigoted bullshit. As if you’re sexuality was a choice, something you could control. He was married, pretending to be straight, pretending to be something he’s not. He should be with Tomas instead he was with some woman playing house.

Tomas felt discarded. Julian had had his fun, and then tossed him aside. Well we’d see about that. If Julian thought he’d just roll over and accept that well he had a surprise coming.


END