Secret Among Strangers

Author: Peggy Boone

Email: missprissy37801@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: Pet Fly, UPN and Paramount own these.

Rating: R

Challenges:
First Wave Easy Challenge #3: An AU - canon events played out differently, or the guys in different time/jobs/place.
Second Wave Easy Challenge #25: Use this phrase in the story: Mrs. Blair Sandburg.
Second Wave Medium Challenge #11: AU challenge. Jim and Blair get together while Jim is undercover at Rainier. Either a student or a teacher.


Secret Among Strangers
by Peggy Boone


Jim had been at Rainier for a week, when he saw the younger man in the student lounge. He was in his twenties. His dark curly hair touched his shoulders. As he sat at the table, he was trying to concentrate on the book in his hands, Blair got a sudden feeling that he was being watched. When he looked across the room, he saw a man watching him. He didn't know who the man was.

All he knew, was that he had been at Rainier College for a week or so. He saw him get up from the table he had been sitting at and head over toward where he sat. The man held out his hand toward him. "I'm Jim Ellison."

"I'm Blair Sandburg. How do you like Rainier?"

"Fine for what I have seen."

The two of them sat in the lounge and talked for a couple hours until it began getting dark.

"If you'll go home with me, we can finish talking."

Blair got up and followed Jim out of the lounge.

* * *

The two of them sat on the couch in Jim's loft finishing their talk. Blair found that Jim was at Rainier for a degree in law enforcement. Jim found that his new friend had gotten over a stormy marriage a month earlier. In the little bit of time that they spent together, Jim found himself attracted to Blair.

It was getting darker, when Blair got up to go, Jim stopped him.

"So you don't have to go back in the dark, you can spend the night. In case you have forgotten, you came with me."

With a sheepish look on his face, Blair sat back down. "I did forget."

* * *

Jim moved closer to Blair on the couch. With his hand, he began stroking his hair. He pushed Blair down on the couch and got on top of him and kissed him on the mouth. He felt Blair's arms go around him and there was not a spare inch of space between them. The fingers of Jim's right hand was tangled in Blair's dark curls. Suddenly, the telephone rang loudly, startling both of them so they both fell off the couch and landed on the floor, pinning Blair under Jim's body. Jim crawled to the phone and lifted the receiver.

"Hello."

He immediately recognized Simon's voice.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Have you found out anything? Are you able to talk?"

"No, I have a friend over."

"I'll call back later."

"Bye."

Jim hung up the phone. When he turned, he saw Blair watching him. He took his hand and pulled him to his feet. Still holding on to his hand, he led Blair into the bedroom. With his foot, Jim pushed the door shut. He led Blair over to the bed and gently pushed him down on his back. Leaning down, he began undressing him. After he was finished, he got undressed and crawled into bed beside him.

He put his arm around Blair and pulled his body protectively over to him. His body was warm. Jim could feel Blair's hair against his cheek.Jim placed his hand on Blair's chest. He could feel it rising and falling as he breathed.

Jim began running his hands over the body beside him. Blair squirmed under Jim's hands. He knew that no one had ever made him feel the way being with Jim did. Not even his ex-wife. When Jim's hand found its way up along the inside of his thigh, Blair's hand tightened its grip on the mattress and he groaned. Jim put his arm around him and they both went to sleep.

* * *

In the morning, when Jim woke up, Blair was still asleep. He had turned over onto his stomach. Jim crawled out of bed, picked up his clothes and padded into the bathroom to take a shower before he and Blair went back to Ranier. He had just stepped in, when the telephone rang. He got out and hurried in and answered it before it woke up Blair.

"Hello, Simon."

"How did you know it was me?"

"I figured it was."

"Did I wake you up?"

"I just stepped into the shower before I go back to Ranier. I'll stop by."

"Good-bye."

Jim hung up the phone and got back into the shower.

* * *

In the bedroom, Blair opened his eyes. He looked for Jim, but he could not find him. He started to go find him when he heard the shower running. Several minutes later, Jim went back into the bedroom. He had dressed. Blair had gotten dressed in the bedroom and was pulling a comb through his dark curls.

"Good morning, Jim."

"Good morning. I was doing some thinking. We are both alone and the loft is too big for one, so if you want, you can move in here."

"When do you want me to come?"

"Whenever you want. I can help you on Saturday if you want."

"Alright."



THE END