Keeping In Shape

Author: Ami

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Blair tells Jim about the unusual exhibition he went to that day.

Challenges Used: Medium Challenge #12: Crossover challenge. Highlander.

Author's Notes: The rules of the Fest state that since I've already written one story with three challenges, I was free to write this one that only used one challenge. This was betad by Alex, who also gave me the idea for the title.

Keeping In Shape

by Ami

SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

 

"Hey, Jim, you will never believe what happened today at the Uni," Blair said excitedly as he entered the loft.

"What, Chief?" Jim asked, smiling indulgently at his lover.

"There was this visiting professor from Seacouver today; he gave a talk on different types of swords, and it was fascinating. Anyway, at the end of the talk, when he asked for questions, this guy jumped up onstage, pulled out a broadsword and attacked him!" Blair said breathlessly.

"Why didn’t anyone call the police?" Jim asked, concerned.

"No, wait, it gets better, man," Blair said eagerly, grinning madly as he sat beside his lover. "The professor – his name was Duncan MacLeod – pulled out a Japanese sword called a katana and he fought the guy onstage for about ten minutes. The other guy won, and when it seemed he was about to cut MacLeod’s head off, he stuck out his hand and helped him up. Professor MacLeod introduced him as an old friend of his, Adam Pierson, who agreed to help him out with his presentation by staging a sword fight onstage."

"So it was a staged fight?" Jim said, relieved that Blair was never in any danger.

"Oh, no, it was a real fight," Blair said. "MacLeod said that he’d never been able to beat his friend, but the time it took Adam to beat him was always lengthening."

"But they weren’t really fighting to the death or anything, right?" Jim asked, wanting to make sure he didn’t need to arrest anyone.

"Oh, no, it was a friendly sparring match," Blair reassured his lover. "Adam said that he and Duncan do it twice a week to keep in shape."

"Hmmph!" Jim snorted. "I can think of lots more fun things to do to stay in shape," he said slyly.

"Oh, really," Blair said, fully aware of what his mate was referring to. "Like what?" he questioned mock-innocently.

"Like this," Jim breathed, pulling his love in for a searing kiss.

"Mmm," Blair moaned. "I see what you mean," he said breathlessly.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Jim asked huskily.

"Lead on, lover," Blair said sincerely, knowing he would follow his partner into Hell if Jim asked.

 

THE END