Title: Believe Me Now?

Author: knoteach

Rating: PG

Feedback: of course knoteach102@yahoo.com

Warnings: none

Author's notes: Crossover snippet to Stargate SG-1, thanks to Ami for betaing it for me.

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be, no money involved.

Challenges answered: (1st Wave Easy Challenge # 31) You know all those stories about Blair having a tattoo? What if Jim were the one who had a tattoo? You can use whatever reason you want (got it in the Army, the Chopec gave it to him, got drunk one night, or make up your own) and whatever design you want (a panther, a wolf, a panther and wolf, Blair's name, or make up your own), just so long as Jim and Blair are together by the end of the story. (1st Wave Med Challenge #12) Crossover challenge - cross the guys with another show. Crossing the guys with more than one show (believably) is worth two challenges. Also worth two challenges instead of one if you cross with one of the following: Stargate SG-1 .. (2nd Wave EasyChallenge #47) Have the guys' Spirit Animals show up. What do they do?



Believe Me Now?
knoteach


“By what right do you come here to learn of us?” The Emperor of the planet designated as P8F 57C was not very impressed with the six members of SG-1.

Daniel blinked in surprise. Most people did not ask if a person had a right to learn, they either said yes or no. The smaller man beside him, though, stiffened suddenly, then walked forward to speak. Daniel watched one of his two new teammates with something akin to trepidation.

Blair Sandburg and Jim Ellison had fit in with his team perfectly, adding new skills and new perspectives. Jim’s military background kept Jack happy, and Blair gave Daniel someone he could talk to on an academic level. Teal’c found a brother warrior in Jim and an amusement in Blair, while Sam couldn’t decide which of the men to drool over. Too bad for Sam that the two men were taken…by each other.

Blair jerked when he heard the man’s words. Great, just great! He and Jim had been working with SG-1 for about six months now, ever since the dissertation disaster, and he just hadn’t found a way to explain the spiritual side of the relationship to their four teammates. They knew that he was a practicing Shaman, but he had a suspicion that only Daniel had any idea what all that entailed.

Using his best ‘confident’ voice, he said, “I am Blair Sandburg, Shaman. I greet you.” He bow formally as he had seen others do, only a little less, implying that he was of a high rank on earth.

A taller, but portly man sitting to the side of the throne, choked on the wine he had been drinking. Sputtering he said, “That is impossible! Shaman are messengers of the gods.”

The Emperor raised his hand and asked for silence as he examined the man standing in front of him. “Shaman Dotarn, the man could easily be a Shaman of that world, for their ways are different from our ways, but we must have proof,” the Emperor said. Turning, he then spoke to Blair, “We will give you a chance to prove what you say, but know that to claim to be a Shaman, and not be, is a death offense.”

Blair paled slightly at the man’s words but understood how important it was. He heard Jim growl, and quickly turned to look at his teammates.

~~~

Daniel was so pale Jack was afraid he was going to pass out. Leaning over he asked, “What’s going on?”

Daniel swallowed a couple of times to loosen his throat. “Blair claimed the right by being a Shaman. The Emperor said he has to prove it, but, Jack, if they don’t believe him, they’ll kill him!” Daniel whispered tightly.

Jack and Sam paled also, while Teal’c’s only reaction was a tightening of his facial muscles and a grim expression. Daniel quickly looked over at their Sentinel.

Jim’s expression could easily have been described as feral. He eyes gleamed with anger. Even as Daniel watched he saw him tilt his head to the side and smooth his expression. Good, he’s listening to his guide, Daniel mused, breathing a little easier. If Jim thought Blair would be able to prove himself, then Daniel had all the confidence in the world that he would be able to.

~~~

Blair watched his teammates digest the new quickly, but was mostly concerned with his lover’s reaction. Jim was very protective. Seeing Jim’s murderous expression, Blair started to murmur Sentinel soft.

“It’ll be alright, Jim. They want a demonstration, and I’ll give them one.” When his lover nodded his head fractionally, Blair turned back to the Emperor and spoke in a regular tone of voice. “So be it. Will you allow my anchor to assist me?” Blair could do this without Jim’s presence, but he would be drained badly if he did.

“Yes, he may,” the Emperor agreed.

Still facing the Emperor, Blair called for Jim softly. While Jim walked across the room, Blair removed his shirts, revealing a detailed wolf’s head tattoo on his chest over his heart. When Jim arrived, Blair divested him of his shirt also, revealing a similar tattoo of a black jaguar. Jim then stood behind Blair as a shield as he knelt on one knee on the packed dirt floor.

Grabbing one of the small pieces of chalk-like stone that scattered the floor, Blair slowly sketched out the outlines of the wolf and jaguar on the floor, muttering all the while. When he was finished, he laid aside the stone and sat back on his heels.

Looking up he held the eyes of the Emperor for a moment before carefully placing one hand in the exact center of each figure. Bowing his head, he began to chant. A swirling mist rose from the ground to the amazement of the natives and the consternation of the rest of SG-1. Jim was blocking their view of the proceeding and the only thing they had seen was the two men removing their shirts.

The mist rose and swirled about the two men until it obscured them from view. From within the miniature cyclone came the howl of a wolf followed immediately by the snarl of a wild cat. As soon as the snarl cut off, the mist collapsed in on itself and disappeared. Jim still stood in exactly the same place and Blair still knelt in front of him. However, instead of having figures on the floor, Blair’s right hand rested on the back of a magnificent timber wolf and his left on the back of a large black jaguar. The sketches had disappeared.

Rising, Blair kept his hands in place as long as possible. When he released the two animals they stayed still until he had taken his place at his Sentinel’s side, then they moved to stand beside their perspective humans.

Slowly the Emperor and Sham rose, staring at the man in front of them. The Emperor swallowed hard, before saying, “We greet you, Shaman of the Old World. You are most welcome to learn of us. We will endeavor to answer all questions. Might we also be allowed to learn from you?”

Blair smiled at the change of tune. “We would be happy to.”

END