Title: Australian Ghost Ship

Author: Spikey Princess

E-Mail: auglynxfan_2000@yahoo.com

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: R

Special thanks to Kris for beta-ing this thing for me.

Feedback: Not necessary, but any I get will be appreciated.

Archive: Yes, please, just let me know where.

Spoilers: None.

Disclaimer: These characters are not mine, but I really, really wish they were.

The Sentinel & Guide Fuh-Q-Fest

First Wave, Easy Challenges: 1) Blair as a virgin. 26) One of the guys (or both) become Vampires. How does this affect their relationship? 29) You know all those stories about Blair having a tattoo? What if Jim were the one who had a tattoo?

 

 

Australian Ghost Ship

By Spikey Princess

Simon sighed, watching Jim pace in front of his desk. He should've known Jim didn't want to have anything to do with the program, but it was too good an opportunity to trade information with the Australian Federal Police. He was pretty sure that Megan had sent some really good, or at least new, strategies for working on cases back to her boss in Australia, and he hoped Jim would be willing to do the same. "But?"

"Come on, Simon, you've got to be kidding! How am I going to explain what I do? What if something happens? What if I zone?" Finally wearing himself out, Jim sat in the chair opposite Simon. "Why me?"

"Because Megan Conner is the best officer in the AFP. Now, I know all my people are good, but you're definitely the best. We can't trade the best cop for an okay one. Best for the best. And take Blair with you to keep you from zoning." Simon leaned back in his chair. Think of it this way, it'll do you good to get away from Cascade and all your troubles for a while."

** ** **

Blair moved frantically around his bedroom searching for anything he might need to take on their trip to Australia. "Oh man, this is just great, Jim! I can't believe I'll finally be able to study the Aboriginal culture up close and in person!" Blair said, knowing Jim could hear him upstairs.

Jim stopped the packing he was doing, walked down to Blair's room, and leaned on the doorjamb. "Whoa, whoa, just hold on a minute, Chief. Nobody said anything about studying culture. Your job in Australia is the same as your job here: to help me."

"But what about on days off?"

"We'll see." Jim said, heading back upstairs to finish packing. "I'm going to shower after I'm finished. You want to go first?" Oh please, let him say yes. At least if Blair went first then Jim would have plenty of time to jack-off in the shower after seeing Blair come out only wrapped in a towel with dripping hair.

"No, that's okay, man, I'll take one later."

**

Jim walked out of the shower feeling only slightly more refreshed than when he'd gone in. Wishing Blair would've helped by fueling his fantasies.

He headed slowly upstairs, oblivious to the hungry stare of his roommate.

"Where'd I put my shirts?" Jim muttered, searching through yet another drawer.

Blair came bounding up the stairs. "Come on, Jim, we're going to be late." He thought for a moment. "Hey, that's a first. Usually I'm the one that's late." He tried not to stare at the way Jim's torso looked in that tight undershirt. "What's up?"

Jim turned from the closet. "I can't find my shirts, and I'm not unpacking to get them out; too much hassle."

"Neither of us have done the laundry in a week. They're probably all in there." He turned to head back down the stairs, but stopped short. "Hey, why don't you just wear one of mine, and we'll worry about this when we get back."

"Yeah, okay." Jim said, happy his voice remained steady as he thought about wearing a Blair-scented shirt. "Thanks, Chief."

** ** **

"Jim! Blair!"

Both men turned around, searching for where the voice was coming from. Eventually, they saw Megan Conner show her badge to the guard at the metal detector, then pass through.

"I'm so glad I caught you. I'd have never forgiven myself if I didn't give you this." She handed Jim a couple of sheets of paper, outlining the sights they could see during their time off.

Jim smiled at Megan's thoughtfulness. "Thanks a lot, Conner, we'll be sure to hit at least a few of these tourist spots during out stay there." He took a step toward her, giving her a self-conscious hug.

Megan return Jim's smile when he stepped back. "Oh, Sandy, here. Thought you might like to see what's going on in Australia before you get there."

Blair took the newspaper, quickly scanning the major headlines, before giving her a hug. "Thanks, Meg. It certainly is going to be hard leaving, especially since I've got great friends like you back here."

"No worries, Blair, I'll still be here when you get back. Besides," She said, smiling and throwing a quick look in Jim's direction. "You've still got Jim."

Fighting back a blush, Blair nodded. So did Jim.

"Well, I hate to break up such a touching moment," Jim said, looking at his watch. "But it's almost time for them to call out names, and we have to get to the gate." He picked up both his, and Blair's, carry-on bags. "We'll keep in touch, Conner." He nodded again, and then turned to head to the gate, only making it a few steps before Blair appeared at his side.

"She's really sweet." Blair said, folding the paper in three-quarters.

"Yeah, she is." But not like you.

** ** **

"What I don't get is why they didn't send someone who actually wanted to participate." Jim complained, shifting in the uncomfortable airplane seat. It would've been even more uncomfortable if Blair hadn't been generous enough to let him have the aisle seat. He couldn't imagine being crammed in the window seat for countless hours. "I never once showed the slightest bit of interest in participating in the officer exchange program, did I?"

Blair shook his head wearily. It'd only been two hours, but Jim had done nothing but complain the entire time. "Simon wouldn't have volunteered you for the program if he didn't think you'd enjoy spending a little time out of the country." He flipped to another page in The Australian. "Just relax and think of all the stuff we can do in Australia when we're not working. All the sights we can see." He glanced at the paper. "Maybe we can check out this mystery ship."

Glancing over at the paper, Jim sighed. "You can't be serious. It's probably just a new tourist attraction." He paused. Blair always went along with Jim and his interests, but he never seemed willing to go with Blair. "But if you really want to go, we will. Who knows, maybe it'll be worth it." He shifted in his seat, trying to keep his legs from falling completely asleep. His shirt came up slightly in the process. Jim tried, self-consciously, to pull the shirt back down, but it was too short to be maneuvered so easily. Eventually he gave up.

Blair shifted in his seat attempting to give Jim more room, and his eyes were immediately drawn to the shock of white skin peeking out from underneath the black T-shirt he'd loaned Jim earlier. "You got a tattoo?" He reached out and lifted the shirt a little higher, secretly pleased when Jim made no effort to stop him. "It's got amazing detail, but why ?"

"Why a wolf?" Jim shrugged. "I'm not quite sure. One day I got an image of a wolf stuck in my head and it wouldn't go away. Next thing I knew I was getting a tattoo."

Jim shivered as Blair lightly traced the outline of the wolf on his right side. "It does make me feel really good."

"Makes you feel calm and relaxed?" Blair asked, unconsciously running his nails lightly over the image.

Jim nodded. "Like I have you with me to keep my senses under control even when you're not there." He hesitated slightly, allowing most of his focus to center on his sense of touch. Loving the way Blair's fingers felt on his skin.

"I never thought I'd see the day when you tried to zone. Should I put it in my dissertation?"

Jim turned and stared at Blair, horrified that he'd even joke about something like that.

Blair smiled, but said nothing. He pulled his hand back and smoothly focused his attention back to the paper he'd been reading. "You know they still haven't found the crew. Think the Australian Federal Police would be willing to work with a gifted policeman from America and his observer?"

"Maybe." He gave Blair a small grin.

** ** **

"I can't believe they're actually just giving us the investigation!" Blair said, climbing into the passengers' side of the rental SUV.

Jim checked traffic before pulling away from the police building. "I'm sure they've got more important things to worry about than an abandoned ship. They don't want to use good officers on a case that may or may not be solvable."

Maybe this'll make Blair happy. Jim thought, turning onto the street where their hotel was located.

"When are we going to take a look at it?"

"How about after dinner, eh, Chief?"

Blair settled down, occasionally checking out the scenery, but mainly checking out Jim, watching the way Jim's muscles twisted and moved underneath the tight shirt as he steered the car down the street. God he looks so fuckable! He let out a low groan.

Jim easily heard the groan, and his nose quickly detected the growing arousal; causing Jim to stifle a groan of his own. He'd give anything to take Blair in his arms and smother him with love, but there was no way he'd ever muster up the courage to tell Blair how he felt.

"Hey, Jim, there's the entrance, man." Blair said, getting Jim's attention just a few moments before it was too late. "You okay?"

Nodding, Jim said, "Yeah, yeah, no problem." He pulled into a parking space. "You get us checked in and I'll get the bags together."

Blair took his time getting to the lobby, hoping his arousal would dissipate before he met up with Jim again.

** ** **

Jim kept a light hold on the back of Blair's shirt as they wandered aimlessly on the deck of the trawler. "I don’t want you leaving my eyesight. It's too dark for you to be walking around. We don't know what's here, and I don’t want you getting hurt."

Blair slowed his pace a little, letting Jim press closer. "Think we should go back to the hotel and come back in the morning?"

"Nervous?" Jim reached up with his free hand, giving a gentle squeeze to his partner's neck. "Let's just check out the bridge, then we'll go back to the hotel."

Blair turned his head, offering Jim a smile before reaching up to cover Jim's hand with his. "Didn't think about how spooky it would be at night. Of course, I'd been even more scared if I were here without you." He patted Jim's hand.

Jim tugged lightly on a few strands of Blair's hair that had managed to escape from the ponytail. "I wouldn't want to be out here without you either, Darwin."

They slowly approached the bridge of the ship when they heard a loud noise.

Blair jumped back, colliding with Jim's chest.

Jim wrapped an arm around Blair's waist protectively. He's so soft, yet hard at the same time. Jim thought, trying to keep from zoning out on the feeling of his partner once again.

"Jim, man, what was that?"

"Huh? Oh!" Jim shook his head. "Not sure. You stay here while I check it out. Don't move from this spot."

The arm around Blair's waist was slowly removed. "Be careful, Jim." He said softly, knowing that his sentinel could hear every word. His sentinel. The thought brought a smile to Blair's lips. To a certain extent Jim was his: his to study, to help, to guide. He could still feel the lingering warmth where he'd been pressed and held against Jim's chest.

Without warning, two strong arms wrapped around his waist, and lips began to trace along Blair's collarbone. "Geez, Jim." Blair said, tilting his head back, giving more access. "Didn't think you were this attracted to me."

The nibbling gradually got more intense, becoming painful, then a sharp prickling. "Hey, Jim, that hurts. Owww! Jim!"

**

Jim wandered through the room on the bridge; his gun drawn and his senses on full alert. Someone had definitely been there recently, and it wasn't the police.

The sound of struggling suddenly reached his hearing. "Blair!"

He raced back to where Blair had once been standing, but found nothing. He tuned all his senses to finding his partner, surprised to find nothing; not even a heart beat. "Sandburg!" Come on, Chief, where are you? Jim searched the whole ship frantically, but came up empty. How could he just vanish without a trace?

Eventually, after several unsuccessful searches on the ship, Jim admitted to himself that Blair was nowhere on board. He left the ship pretty quickly after his revelation, heading for the nearest police building in hopes that they'd put out an APB.

** ** **

After nine days with no sign of Blair, Jim had all but given up hope. Every day since Blair's disappearance, Jim would get up early, go down to the station to see if there had been any news, then he'd conduct his own search. Luckily the AFP had been more than cooperative, aiding him with anything they thought would be of help.

He turned restlessly in his bed, once again finding it quite difficult to get to sleep. For the past two nights it felt as if somebody was watching him.

A loud bang on the door caused him to jump from the bed and immediately reach for his gun. For all he knew it was the kidnappers wanting to get him too.

Jim inched toward the door as quietly as possible, hoping to get the jump on whoever it was.

Throwing the door open, he aimed his gun at the figure. "Blair!" He lowered the gun, and pulled Blair into a big hug. "Where the hell have you been? We've been searching for you for days. Come in."

He pulled Blair into the hotel bedroom by the shoulders, closing the door with his foot, unconsciously believing that if he let Blair go he'd somehow disappear. "What happened to you?"

Blair said nothing, but pulled Jim into a crushing hug. It was then that Jim noticed the lack of warmth coming from his partner. Like on the ship, Jim tuned all his senses to his partner, and like on the ship he detected nothing; no beating heart; no breathing. "Blair? Is this some kind of elaborate prank?"

"No, Jim, it's not." He curled a cold hand around Jim's neck, gently tilting it to the side. "Besides you, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I have the time to go anywhere and do almost anything. I want you to be a part of this with me. I want you with me forever."

He looked Jim deep in the eyes as his fangs slowly extended. "We could change to night duty when we get back in Cascade so we can still catch the bad guys. If we let Simon know then he wouldn't be calling us during the day when it's dangerous for us to go out. We'd have plenty of time for other things." Blair smiled, but seriously said, "I won't make you one if you don't want to be though."

"Vampire?" Jim whispered so softly that only a sentinel, or a vampire with super hearing, could have possibly heard it.

"Yes."

"Yes." Jim tilted his head further to the side, and bent his knees slightly, allowing Blair easier access to his neck.

Shaking his head, Blair took a step back. "Not just yet, Jim. I want the human you to fuck me. I've never been with a person, sexually, and I want to feel a warm body pressed against me. Please, that's all I want."

Jim smiled. "I'd be honored to be your first, and only." His smile grew even wider. "You do realize that anytime we have sex your body will return to the state it was in when it was turned."

"What?"

"You'll feel like a virgin forever."

The both shared a smile. "Where'd you pick up this little tidbit of information?"

"I love Anne Rice." Jim said, picking Blair up and gently dropping him down on the bed, covering Blair's vampire body with his own. "And I love you."

"I love you, too, Jim."

 

-- End --