Title: Book I: Love is Blindness

Author: Darwin (a.k.a Lucy Meza)

Email: Darwin1859_2000@yahoo.com

Archive: yes

Date: January 10, 1999

Story Type: Alternate Universe

Series or Sequel: Series I guess

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Website: Not posted anywhere

Warnings: Violence, M/M

Summary: Det. James Ellison and his partner are working on a case--someone or something is ridding the city of Cascade of its streetwalkers. Ellison has two weeks to solve the case before the highly acclaimed Nobel Prize recipients all gather for the first time in Cascade. The case takes a bizzare turn when Ellison encounters a creature unlike any he has ever encountered. His life takes a dramatic change all because love is blindness...

Disclaimers: The characters of James Ellison, Blair Sandburg, Rafe, Simon Banks, etc...do not belong to me they belong to Pet Fly and to Paramount no money was exchanged for the use of these characters. All other characters are original and may be used if proper credit is granted to the author.

FYI: This story came to be while I was in Chiaps, Mexico doing fieldwork with one of my Profs. During the day I would spend it with my Chiapan family and write out my field notes in the evening. The writing of this story took place after hours when my adoptive family was asleep and I was wide awake jotting away to candlelight in the family's livingroom a.k.a my bedroom. This was my first attempt at fanfic writing while also attempting to write my theses. I have to warn readers that this story was not beta'd, therefore, all grammatical and syntactical (can you tell my sencond major as an undergrad was Linguistics?) are solely mine.

 

Book I: Love is Blindness

By Darwin (a.k.a Lucy Meza)

 

Plesure is very seldom found where it is sought. Our brightest blazes are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks.

---Samuel Johnson---

Prologue:

Who wants to live forever? I guess Queen had the right idea when Freddy Mercury sang those lyrics--who does want to live forever? Be careful for what you wish for because you just might get it, my mother once told me. She'd be disappointed that I didn't take her advice. I always wondered what it would be like to "live forever" I only wish I wouldn't have been tempted by love, or was it lust? No it was love. Love--yes love makes you do the strangest things. Have you ever been in love reader? I mean the kind of love that you don't even know you're in love--the kind of love that smacks you right in the face when you least expect it. The kind that has no boundaries. If you know what I speak of then you already know my doom. If you do not then by all means read on--but read on with caution reader, tell me if know when I fell in love--at what point. Ahh, if you seek any clues, I am afraid that I will be of some disappointment.

My life was no different than yours or anyone else’s except for the fact that my senses--yes you know touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight were all heightened. I could use these senses better than anyone. I could smell the faintest of scents, hear the faintest of sounds or see every individual particle of sand bit by bit at a beach. Before you think what a wonderful thing, let me warn you my friend--pain is not something you would want to feel inch by inch on any part of your body at any given day or time. A simple headache can turn into a thunderous quake with a strip of mountains pushing up against your temples. I was born this way, learning slowly and painfully how to "control" my senses.

I joined the academy and figured that with my senses I would make detective in no time. How true indeed. But enough about something that rarely has anything to do with the tale I have to tell. I think of myself as an average person--or at least I used to. Nothing too different from any other man--except maybe my senses. I'm 38 or was. I have a good height 6'1", a good solid muscular build if I may say so myself, light blue eyes, a receding hairline that will rescued no more, with a short military cut. I don't think I'm beautiful or very handsome--I think I'm 'average' looking, strong square jaw with a brown tan--or at least I used to have a tan.

So, how, you ask my dear reader could I possibly have fallen for the age old trap of love? Simple--Love is where you least expect it and when it grabs you let me tell you it grabs you by the balls and won't let go, it holds you prisoner under a spell that no wizard--no shaman--no witchdoctor of any kind can ever break. My dear reader if at all you have the choice of falling in love or dealing with the Devil--the Devil is much easier to manipulate and rid of. Love will manipulate you and deceive you and hurt you and yet, leaves you wanting more--begging for more. Ask yourself my reader--would you do anything for love? Would you sacrifice yourself for love? Would you live forever for it?

Sit back and read my tale. Love doesn't come without its sacrifices. Would you sacrifice the daylight for it? What about your soul? I did. Let me tell you my tale--the tale of James Ellison.

Chapter One:

The night hadn't been any different from any other night, my partner and I were supposed to do anything we possibly could to find who was murdering prostitutes and hustlers. We had found seven victims already four where women and three were men; all had been drained of their blood, yet only small wounds were the only evidence. Things were getting pretty hectic down at the station, Simon was on my back but only because the commissioner was on his; we were up against a dead end. Sure I don't approve of prostitution but no one had the right to end these peoples lives, after all they were all just making a living right?--Just like anyone--Just like me. My partner and I walked into my Captain's office to face what we knew would be yells, screams, sermons, and the like.

"So gentlemen--do you have any leads on this?" My captain and friend looked from me to my partner.

"Well not exactly sir--we've staked out the alley where the last victim had been seen working but nothing has come to us."

I told him not exactly liking the look on his face.

"Well Jim, you know the commissioner and the Mayor are on my back for results and now I'm on yours, go out there and do whatever needed to find this wacko!--The Mayor wants him apprehended before the Nobel Prize awards in two weeks gentlemen--he thinks two weeks to find a demented psycho is plenty of time and truth is so do I" I looked at my partner who looked up at me then we both looked at Simon Banks.

"Yes sir" we said in unison and out we went once again into the Cascade night in search of the night shadow that was killing Cascade's streetwalkers. My partner sighed as we drove around the same district we had the previous night. My partner was young--the youngest in the force, truth be told I didn't want him as a partner but the Captain said he'd 'ground' me. Okay so maybe he has--just a bit. He's about 5'10" early 30's medium build, brown eyes, short nicely combed brown hair, he has soft features--in other words he's quite handsome not that I would normally notice these things. He's always dressed up in suits and such, that's probably how he was brought up or something, but right now I could sense he was becoming agitated.

"Jim maybe--maybe we should check the local brothels you know? I mean with our luck that's where the perp'll strike next" I turned to him

"And uh you know about these places Rafe? You? Clean cut you?" I said slightly mocking him. He turned to me and gave me a sarcastic smile

"Oh come now Jim and you don't?" he raised and eyebrow. He made me laugh, Simon had been right--as always; Rafe had made me come down from my own world which I had always figured only existed for me. We drove to the other side of town and came across a large mansion. Everyone in Cascade knew this place as Maddam Bianca's, of coarse it wasn't advertised as such but was only supposed to be a house with Bianca and her 'brothers and sisters' as the occupants. The Mayor had never really told the police to come down on her since she always gave back to the community--of coarse the rumors existed that the Mayor himself frequented Biancas. Binaca's was open to anyone who was willing to pay and who dressed respectively. I turned to Rafe

"Well I guess you'll have no problem getting in" he smiled

"Don't worry Jim I'll get you in" with that he exited the vehicle. I frowned and for a moment he left me wondering--he was always one to leave you wondering, but indeed I followed him. We came up to the door and rang the door bell. The door opened and a beautiful brunette appeared. She smiled a beautiful smile at Rafe and me.

"Can I be of assistance gentlemen?" her voice was angelic, her long dark black hair came down her shoulders hugging them as small stands of hair fell down to her breasts, barely covered under a long silky maroon slip. Rafe smiled at her

"My associate and I were told we'd be well attended here" he had looked at me then back at beautiful Bianca. She smiled obviously pleased at how Rafe had presented himself. I truly believe if it would have been me I would have said something along the lines of 'All right lady we're investigating a few serial murders' I doubt she would have been impressed. She stepped aside and let us in. We stepped in and were led to a large room with many beautiful ladies and men. Bianca turned to us

"Please mingle choose, if you have a favorite by all means ask and I shall bring them forth, if not hen feel free to find yourselves one today' she smiled at us. Rafe smiled back and os I felt compelled to do the same. She walked off and left us to choose as if we were in a candy store with many, many sweets to choose from. I looked at her fleeting form, thin nicely proportioned, I heard Rafe chuckle and I turned to him

"What?" I asked. He shook his head

"Not her Jim. She's not one of the candy we can choose" and with that he walked in and began his search. I stood there wondering how he could've known of my metaphor. I looked around the large room it was Victorian in design with many antique chairs, couches, and coffee tables. The room was lively with chatter and brightly lit with tiffany lamps all around and fresh green house plants giving it a homely sense. I slowly walked in and looked around, I turned and a blond woman walked passed me.

"Hi cuttie" she said and winked and seductively walked on. I let out a breath. I turned to the far corner of the room and I spotted whom I wanted. I strode over. She sat on a small love seat alone--no one seemed to pay her any attention--maybe it was because she seemed smaller than the rest of the Amazon beauties in the house. Her head was bowed, dark brown curls covering her face. I immediately noticed that her small corner was dimly lit, unlike the rest of the room. I stood in front of her

"Hello" I managed, after all I'm not one who frequents brothels so I'm not to educated in brothel etiquette. She looked up at me--only it wasn't a woman it was--it was a boy.

"Hello" he answered softly, he lowered his eyes and moved over giving me space to sit. I looked around for Rafe and spotted him with a redhead at the bar on the other side of the room. I turned to the boy then sat. I turned to him but he once again looked down at the oriental rug below our feet. I looked up and around once again but before I knew what hit me, the kid had knelt between my legs and was undoing my belt, I looked down at him

"Whoa--what'cha doing?" I placed my hands over his--his smaller hands. He turned up to me and gazed into my eyes, I don't know why but I released his hands he continued his task, undoing my pants while he kept my gaze. For some reason I knew what he was doing but did nothing to stop him. He released my gaze but caught something else with his mouth. I gasped and tensed I kept thinking how wrong--how terribly wrong this was or at least that's what my brain kept trying to tell me but the thing between my legs cursed my brain to shut up and enjoy. I let out a groan, I felt the mouth suck and lick, his small hands were on my thighs gently squeezing and releasing. My breaths came in quick spurts, the sweet hot mouth sucked me and without thinking I was rhythmically thrusting my organ into the kid's mouth. He deep throated me and squeezed my sensitive organ with the muscles in his throat. I tensed, with my hands balled into fists at my sides and came. I came so hard I thought I'd choke the kid but he sucked me--he sucked me dry. He released my weeping organ and looked up at me, I just looked at him

"What--what's your name?" I asked, my voice hoarse with the pleasure I had just received

"Baby" he said softly. Once I caught my breath I tucked my organ back into the confines of my slacks.

"Do you have a room Baby?" I asked. He stood and took my hand; I stood as well and began to lead me toward the stairs on the left of the room. We passed hustlers and prostitutes with their johns. I was correct the kid was the smallest here, I looked for Rafe and spotted him, he was obviously having fun questioning his subject. Baby led me up the stairs to a long hallway carpeted with red rug. I saw no more doors then we came upon a large mahogany door. Baby opened it and walked in, I walked in behind him. He released my hand and went around the large room lighting candles once again dimming the room. Like the rest of the house it was furnished in antique furniture, to my left was another door slightly ajar, I figured it was the bathroom. I stood at the foot of the large bed. I noticed a mahogany desk on the right which had a mass of books and papers on top. I also noticed the room had no windows. I turned forward and noticed Baby before me--nude. I looked at him, he slowly advanced on me, I quickly grabbed the satin sheet the bed had and pulled it, wrapping Baby with it; he looked up at me with surprise then clutched the sheet to his chest. I released it. I looked down at him about to begin my interrogation when there was a knock at the door, he was obviously startled and jumped back. Bianca's voice came floating through

"Baby? You in?"

"Yes" he called out

"You have a client here" came her sweet voice.

"I'm with someone" he paused

"He's staying with me tonight" he said then looked up at me; I felt the same pull to him I'd felt before, I continued to look at him and answered

"Yes Madam Bianca, I'm spending the night with Baby" he gave me a smile

"Very well then--good night" with that she walked off. Baby looked away and walked toward the left door and entered. I didn't want to sleep with him. I really didn't want to sleep with him; he appeared again in a creme satin robe, be began to undress me, I took his hands in mine and he looked at me, once again I released him and let him finish undressing me. He took my hand and led me to the lavatory. It too was dimly lit by many candles; the old Victorian bath was placed in the center of the large room. I noticed that to my right was a shower stall complete with glass slidding doors. The sinks were made out of marble as was the bath. My eyes settled on the tub full of water. It had a sweet smell--lavander, rosemary, and a hint of mint; over the sweet water floated rose petals adding to the enchanting scent. Baby looked at me and I knew he wanted me to go in, so I did. I sat in the large tub with the warm sweet smelling water. I turned up to Baby as he slid out of the satin robe he wore. The sheer soft fabric slid off his shoulders down his arms and onto the floor. He stepped into the water, my eyes glued on him. He was slender, well proportioned, I ran my eyes down his body--he didn't have any chest hair or on his nether parts. He slowly sank down into the tub across from me. I noticed his underarms had no hair as well. He reached for a bath sponge and gently, ever so gently began to bathe me. He didn't speak just bathed me. After he had bathed me he slowly and sweetly bathed himself; I wanted to look away, not to look at him but my eyes were glued on him. He toweled off my body and slid a soft robe onto my skin as well as on his own. He took my hand and led me back to the large bed. I didn't want to sleep with him but I couldn't tell him. I got into the bed, he slowly went around extinguishing the candles. I lay motionless not knowing what to do. I felt him get into bed yet he did not near me. I turned to him in the darkness, he had left room on the bed and stayed on the right side. I could see him laying on his side facing away from me. It was as if he'd known I hadn't wanted to sleep with him. I relaxed and listened to the sounds around us. I closed my eyes and extended my hearing to the lower part of the great house, there was movement and talking, laughing and joking. I moved up to our floor and then I heard different sounds. Every room appeared to be occupied. People copulating in different manners, johns taking hustlers, hustlers taking johns, and johns taking prostitutes. I tracked my partner--I hadn't realized he'd stayed, what I did notice though was that he too was, shall we say 'enjoying' himself, not that I'd know from the sound after all he's strictly my business partner, but I did notice from the soft groans and the fact his heart and breaths were quick. I smiled; well at least he was having fun. I turned to my companion who was curled up facing away from me. I listened to his heart. I frowned--it beat slow not as if he were sleeping--I mean it beat unusually slow, unlike my own which pounded strongly against my chest and temples. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I dreamt of my companion. I dreamt the night shadow was after him. I had left him here with Bianca and left for the precinct. Some how Bianca knew I was a cop and she called me. I had arrived at her home to find Baby slain. He lay on the large bed of his room, so still, so calm, and so dead--just as the others, drained of their blood--their life--their precious gift.

I awoke and looked at my watch--it read 6:30 A.M. I knew it was time to leave. I felt something pressed up against me and I looked to my right sid and saw Baby tightly pressed against me. I couldn't see his face, it was buried deep on my side and his hair covered it. I reached and gently turned him over. I placed my hand on his cheek: He felt like ice--he was so cold. I sat up quickly and looked at him, he was pale, more than what I'd grown accustumed to seeing him and cold my god he was so cold! I spoke to him

"Baby wake up--Baby? Baby come on" I kept that up for about ten minutes when suddenly he gasped and opened his eyes, his lips slightly parted and pale, he turned to me then quickly looked away turning his body from me, he slid out of bed

"Go--go away" he managed out then disappeared into the bathroom. I stood and walked over knocking

"Hello?--Baby--you--you okay?" there was silence then his voice

"Go please go away" I picked up my clothes and changed. I waited fifteen minutes to see if he'd come out, but he didn't, so I let him be and left. Ironically Rafe was downstairs waiting for me. Bianca, whom seemed never to sleep and looked as beautiful as before came up to me

"You--you were with Baby yes?" her voice charming. I nodded and she smiled at me. I took my credt card and handed it to her. She left and I turned to Rafe.

"So, get anything?" I asked; he wiggled his brows at me "Yup--how 'bout you?" I rolled my eyes and he laughed. The beautiful Bianca came back and handed me my receipt along with my card. Rafe took her hand and gently kissed it, I did the same.

"Thank you for your kind hospitality" Rafe said and she smiled.

"Please I hope you do come again" she replied; we walked out. On the way to my truck I looked at the receipt and noticed the price

"Do you think the department.'ll reimburse us?" I asked

"Why?" Rafe turned to me. I handed him my receipt

END PART 2