Title: Love and War

Fandom: The Sentinel

Author/pseudonym: Marti

Email address CRAJONCRA@aol.com

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Date:1/9/99

Archive: yes

Series: No

Category: A/U

Disclaimer: I don’t own the guys and no money is being made. Petfly owns them.

Summary:

Warnings: None

Hello this next part couldn't happened without my muse Marcia and my beta reader Elaine. feedback is very welcomed, very welcomed.

 

LOVE AND WAR

By Marti

 

"I tell you now that this project can't go on any longer. This project will change the world as we know it, and we cannot allow that to happen. The project has to be neutralized." The mouth and the faces the voices belonged to were hidden by the lack of lighting.

Captain James Ellison stood in front of his men directing and giving orders. Dressed in full Black Ops gear. "We must neutralize everyone in the compound. Leave no one. Henri you take your team and go West, Lee take your team and go South, Rafe take your team and go East and I will go North."

"On your own Sir?" His next in command spoke up.

"Yes is there a problem with that?" Jim said cooly daring the other man to challenge his orders.

"No, no Sir, no problem with that at all." The other man shrank away from Jim's harsh gaze.

"Good."

Uknown to them, after they are done they are to be neutralized themselves.

~~~

Jim already knew where his main target was and he wanted to take care of it quickly. He entered a room where an oddly shaped chamber sat. He knew that his target was in it. He was told that a thing had been grown inside the chamber. He opened the chamber doors to find a beautiful young man asleep.

Jim couldn't believe his eyes. The young man was at peace. The young man was also naked, with no hair on his body, but Jim could tell it was a man not a boy. The young man's hair had been cut short and the soft curly mahogany locks gave him a child like quality.

'This cannot be the thing I'm supposed to kill.' He thought as he traced the young man's delicate features. At that moment the young man opened his eyes and looked at Jim. A small smile gracing his delicate lips.

'I'm sorry little one but I have orders to kill you and I must obey them.' Jim withdrew his gun but the young man made no move to run. "Don't do this please, run or do something to get away. Come on, don't you care about your life?" Jim said as he slightly put more pressure on the trigger of his gun. But the young man sat there smiling a sad smile at him.

"I'm sorry." Were the last words Jim said as he pulled the trigger.

PART TWO

Jim pulled the trigger and watched as his target was taken out by his expert shooting. One of the white coat scientist who worked at the compound slid to the ground, his gun nosily clattering on the white tiled floor.

'What the hell was he doing? Yes he was also supposed to neutralize everybody in the compound, but why couldn't he take out his main target like he was supposed to?' He turned and looked at those wide, kind blue eyes and he was trapped. Something inside told him that he had to save this young man, he felt it in his heart. He found an extra white coat hanging in the room and he wrapped it around the young man, buttoned it up tightly, although it still hung passed the young man's knees. He tried to lead him out of the room to safety.

All around him, Jim could hear the shooting and the deaths that were taking place. He knew he had to get the young man out of there quickly. Just as Jim rounded a corner he saw another group of men killing his men but they weren't the compound’s men. And his instinct to get out became stronger.

Than everything seemed to happen in slow motion, he didn't hear or feel anyone as a lone gunman set his sight on the young man and he realized he only had enough time to push the young man aside and take the bullets into his own chest. His last thought before passing out was 'I will never get to love him, never get to share what I feel with him."

The young man watched as all the carnage and the killing unfolded around him with sad watery blue pools, he had heard Jim's last thoughts and something inside him wanted the man that was trying to help him. The young man looked at the man that had just been shot and thought 'This man gave up himself for me.' And he closed his eyes and thought all the killers away. That was one of his powers, he could make evil disappear, especially if it was being done by humans. Just by thinking it all away. But he could only do it for so long and he didn't know if he could do it to a stronger person.

He then went to Jim and placed his hands on Jim's wounded body, healing all the damage done. Bringing Jim back to life, but in doing so draining his own life force. Jim awoke, but he couldn't believe that he was still alive. He checked himself for bullet holes, he only found them in his clothes but other than that there were none.

Jim knew he had been shot. 'What was going on?' he thought. The first thing Jim saw was the sun coming through a sky light, he followed the beams of light to the floor, on the floor he noticed the young man crawling toward the sun light. Once there he let the sun heal him. The healing magic making his body shimmer lightly. He was lifted into midair and was held there.

Jim watched this with wide eyes, and got up to get a better look at this wonderful thing that was happening. Jim placed himself below the young man as he was lowered into Jim's arms as if the young man was a gift to him from the heavens. Jim now knew that he had to keep this wonderful being alive no matter what.

PART THREE

As Jim held the young man in his arms he forgot for a moment that he was dead, that he, and the others, were sent here to kill him. All he knew now was that in his arms was what he had always wanted.

As if reading Jim's thoughts, he opened his eyes and looked at Jim. He took his hand and touched Jim's face letting his fingers rest on his lips." We must leave," was all that he said.

Jim closed his eyes and allowed himself to breathe slowly. He needed to get his feelings under control, he needed to come back to himself. When he opened his eyes he noticed that the young man's hair was longer than before. Then he noticed that the clothes that he was wearing were bloody too. Jim started to panic, searching the smaller body for wounds...none, there were none. Where did all the blood come from though?

Jim picked up the young man and carried him outside the compound as fast as he could. As they reached the outside the young man took a deep breath and Jim put him back on his feet.

With every deep breath he seemed to get stronger. He looked at Jim and smiled. "We must leave this place now," he said as he took Jim's hand and waited for him to move.

Jim looked around for a car they could use. The young man pointed to a van and then looked at him. He understood what he was being told. 'The van will be more useful, how did he know that?' he thought to himself.

Jim opened the passenger door for the young man. He got into the van but didn't take his eyes off of Jim. "It will be ok Chief, really it will, I'll take care of you. I promise." Jim vowed.

"I will take care of you." The young man said back to him.

That reply made Jim almost feel like crying. He closed the door and went around the front of the van, also never taking his eyes off of his passenger. When he got in the van himself he remembered that he didn't have the keys to start it. The young man reached over and touched the ignition, the van started. Jim looked at the him with his mouth wide open in shock.

"We must go now." was all that he said as he sat back.

Jim drove all day long. He replayed what had happened to him in his head, he had alot of questions he wanted to ask. 'Who was this young man? Why did the powers that be want him dead when he was such a wonderful creature? He knew he had been shot, and also that he was about to die, or did die, but how was he alive now if he did? How did the young man float in the air and how did he start the van? Where was everyone, where were all his men and the team that was sent to take them out?' So many questions swam in his head and it was starting to hurt. He had been having headaches over the simplest things lately. As Jim drove, his passenger slept.

Jim decided to stop for the night and found a rundown motel. He gave the motel manger cash up front and went to find their room. Then he went back to the van. He woke up the young man and lead him into the room. "This is the best I can do for tonight." Jim said.

The young man touched his face and smiled at him. He walked to the middle of the room and shed the lab coat he had been wearing, then he looked at Jim.

Jim was dumbstruck. There in front of him was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. He had known from the time that he was young that he liked both men and women. He had a male lover all through his teen years. When he left home he got up enough nerve to date women and even marry one. But he had always been a lone wolf. The marriage didn't last and he had gone back to having sex with whomever and whenever he needed to. But the young man in front of him was different. He took his breath away.

"I think you need a shower? Hell we need a shower." he stammered.

Jim looked down at his clothes, they had been shot through with bullets. 'Why wasn't he dead?' he thought again. He took the young man's hand and lead him to the bathroom. There he turned on the shower and got the water nice and warm. Then he told him to get in. He did as he was told, and stood there looking at him.

"Don't you know how to take a shower?" He asked.

"No." Was the simple reply.

"Then how did you get clean?" He tried again.

"I never got dirty." Was the reply that he got.

Here he had this beautiful young man, with water running all over his beautiful body and he had to wash him. "God give me strength." Was all that he could say.

Jim undressed himself and stepped into the shower with the young man, who turned around to face him. He reached for the soap but the young man didn't move. They were touching now, and the contact made him back up. "This is too much for me," Jim whispered as he felt his cock getting hard, as if his cock were agreeing with him.

"Look Chief you have to back up, so I can get the soap." Jim tried to control the desire racing through him.

He moved to one side and let Jim get the soap.

"Here you rub this on your body." Jim handed him the soap.

"You do it." He pushed the soap back into Jim's hand and smiled.

"Then turn around." The young man turned and he started washing his back.

'As long as I have to wash him I will start with his back.' Jim thought to himself. He started washing his shoulders and neck. Then he started to wash the small of his back. Then he turned him around again. 'I'm not touching that sweet ass.' Jim shook his head at the thought.

The young man was looking at Jim now with a curious gleam in his blue eyes. His hands reached for Jim's very hard erection and Jim jumped back. He moved closer and took Jim's cock in his hands again.

Jim could no longer step back, his back was touching the shower wall. The young man moved closer til' he was touching Jim, then he put his head on Jim's shoulder.

"Hold me. Hold me in your arms and let me do this," he said as he pulled and squeezed Jim's hard on.

Jim couldn't resist him anymore. He looked so beautiful, his hair and face wet, his lips moist. He looked into the deep dark blue eyes of the young man, and knew what he wanted to do. He slid to his knees letting his face slide against the young man's body on the way down. He put his hands around the man's til' he held his ass in his hands. Holding him tight, he took his cock in his mouth. The young man took Jim's head in his hands and looked on.

Jim sucked, licked and hummed as he brought the younger man to his climax. All the while stroking his own swollen cock. Jim leaned back to look at the young man, water cascading all over his body. He tried to bring himself off, but couldn't seem to do it.

Jim was trying to get himself off, as the young man leaned over and knelt in front of him. Then he took his hand and put it around Jim's to help him come. He could feel his release start in his balls and then he cried out as he came.

They washed and dried each other off. He put a chair behind the door, checked his gun and put it under his pillow. Jim put the young man in bed with him and told him to go to sleep. Then he made a call to the only person he could trust.

"Hello Simon. I need you."

******

The next morning Jim woke up to the sound of running water.

"Can't wait to take a shower without me Chief?," Jim said still a little sleepy.

He walked into the bathroom and what he saw made him stop in his tracks. There in front of him was the young man about to get into the shower, but now there was hair on his body....there was body hair on his body!

LOVE AND WAR 4

Jim looked at the young man before him. He had a look of true manhood. His muscles were toned, firmer, more defined, and he had all that dark brown hair covering his body! Dark curly hair covered his chest til it reached his stomach. Once there it became a faint line traveling down his abdomen to his pubic area, where it softly became fuller. His arms and legs were also covered with hair, but his face was still smooth, no facial hair yet. Jim couldn't take his eyes off the body before him. What was happening to the young man and why?

He watched the young man in the bathroom as he touched himself and smiled. Before he could say anything the young man spoke. "It feels so soft. Would you like to touch it?"

"What?! "

"The hair on my body. Would you like to feel how soft it is?"

Jim could feel his body getting hotter, his mouth getting drier, his heart beating faster.

"What did you say?" was all Jim heard himself say.

Just then there was a knock at the door. He motioned for the young man to be quiet and stay in the bathroom. He closed the bathroom door and picked up his gun, wrapping a sheet around his waist as he answered the door. No one said anything as he opened the door, gun in hand. No one was there but a suitcase. He brought the suitcase inside the hotel room and closed and locked the door again. Placing his gun nearby he opened the suitcase. For the first time in a long time he felt as if everything would be fine. Inside the suitcase were clothes, money, a map and car keys. He rushed to the bathroom and told his companion to come out.

"I had to tell a friend about you. He's a very good friend and he will help us. Do you understand? We need to get to his place. We can stay there till I can figure out what to do next. We'll be safe there." He waited for the young man to answer.

"Yes, we must go now before he can *Remote* us. You are right, I can feel him near, we must go. Do you have clothes for me?"

"What?"

"Do you have clothes for me?"

"Yes, I have clothes you can put on. But they are my size clothes."

"That is fine"

Jim dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. He watched as the young man did the same. He had to laugh a little to himself, the clothes were so big on the smaller man. When it came to putting on the shoes, Jim had to laugh out loud at the smaller man because he looked like he was wearing clown shoes.

"That's the best I can do now for shoes." Jim told the young man.

"You have big feet." Was all the young man said as he begin to smile.

Jim repacked the suitcase, taking out the map and keys. Then he wiped the room clean, making sure that all finger prints were gone. He then told the young man to wait in the room while he found the car that they would be using now. He found the car, checked it over to make sure it was OK. Jim then drove up to the hotel room and whistled for his companion. The young man got in the car and they drove off.

"We'll be at my friends by mid-afternoon and we'll be safe there. I won't let anything happen to you. Do you understand?"

Jim couldn't help but wonder if the young man really understood what was going on. 'Did he know that people wanted him dead? Did he know how wonderful and beautiful he was? Did he know that he would give his life for him?' At that moment the young man reached over and took Jim's right hand in his left. He then brought Jim's hand to his chest and held it there as Jim drove. Jim was overtaken by the gesture, it brought tears to his eyes. He didn't know what or how, but he would protect this man forever. When they got to Simon's place he would figure it out. All he knew was that no one would ever hurt this wonderful person, as long as he was in this world.

PART 5

Jim had been driving all day and now the time was somewhere around three o'clock in the morning. They had stopped right before dusk to get gas and eat. Jim watched the young man eat. He ate as if everything was blessed. It gave Jim a good feeling to watch him eat. To tell the truth watching his companion gave him a good feeling. He had never felt like this about a person before. He had this strange feeling of wanting to hug him all the time.

Now all Jim needed to do was stretch his long legs. Being in a car for over twenty hours was getting to him. Most of the time the young man slept, this worried him a bit. He hoped that nothing was wrong with him. He felt that he would die if anything was wrong with this wonderful person. That thought alone made him think, 'why was he so emotional about this person?' He had never been that way about anyone. He was not that way about his father, brother or mother. He had not felt that way about his wife, ex-wife. So, what was it about this man that brought out these feelings?

There was something else that he kept pushing out of his mind. The way the young man looked, God knew that he was beautiful, that, any fool could see. But it was the sudden growth of body hair that made him uneasy. 'Why', was all he could think...and the answer made him feel guilty that is why he tried not to think about it. But, the thoughts would not go away. He felt guilty because ..he knew that young man had to be a virgin. That he was the cause for the maturing of his wards body, that thought made him angry with himself. Why had he sexually touched the lad? He knew why..he wanted to...needed to. All he could think about was getting to Simon's, he needed Simon to help him think things through. Simon would know what to do. As if the young man heard Jim's thoughts, he woke up.

It occurred to Jim that his companion was breathing different. When he looked over there were two big dark blue eyes looking at him.

"Hi Chief. How you doing? You OK?" Jim asked

The young man just nodded yes and smiled sweetly.

"I'm going to pull into this rest area and walk around. I need to stretch my legs. How about you Chief?"

"OK"

Jim pulled into a rest area off the road. He drove the car to a stop that had tables and trees. He looked around to see if anyone had followed them. It seemed like it was OK. Jim stopped the car, turned off the engine and got out, his companion followed suit.

"I need to walk," the young man said. "I will not go to far, OK?"

"I will keep an eye on you," Jim said softly.

Jim watched as his ward walked and looked around. He kept looking at the sky as if something was up there. Jim walked and stretched as he kept an eye on his young friend. Then Jim sat on the picnic table and thought about Simon. Simon was his friend. No, that was wrong. Simon was the closest person to him in the world. He was the only person Jim had ever trusted.

Jim had met Simon when he worked for the National Security Council. He was assigned to Simon as an assistant. His right hand man and took his orders right from Simon. Whatever the assignment he took the orders and made it so. Over the years he came to think of Simon as a friend. They had long talks about family, life, love and what they believed in. He grew to think of Simon as his role model. Simon, like Jim, was divorced. Simon unlike Jim, had a son that he loved dearly. Simon was so proud of his son, and nothing in the world took second place to him. How he wished his father could have been like Simon.

Simon called Jim one night and asked to meet. By this time there was nothing in the world that he wouldn't do for his friend. He met Simon at a park. Simon told him he was getting out of the NSC. He had had enough of Black OPS. That all the dirty deals, killing and secrets had got to him. The job had been the reason for his failed marriage. Now it was driving a wedge between him and his son. He would not lose his son. He said his son was more important than the NSC. So he was getting out. Jim asked him how. He knew that no one at Simon's level just walked. They went missing and were found sometimes...dead. But no one just left the Council, not alive. Simon knew too much. Simon told him that it was the thing that he knew that would keep him alive. He had placed information in the NSC super computer. It was coded and hidden. Everything Simon ever did for the Council was there. If anyone tried to hurt him or any person he loved, there was a code. This code would let the super computer to release the information, to the press and every country that had a bone to pick with the USA. All hell would rise up. Simon knew the code and so did his son. Now he was giving the code to Jim. He told Jim he could log on to any computer and enter the code, even an ATM. Simon told Jim that he loved him and that if he needed him for anything call the special number and he would help. That was the last time he saw Simon Banks. Now he would be seeing him in less then three hours.

Jim looked around for his young friend. He could not find him. He jumped up in a panic and started to call to him. That's when he realized that he didn't know his name. He had been calling him Chief as a nickname, but he didn't know the young man's name.

"It's Blair", the young man seemed to answer Jim's thoughts.

Jim spun around to find the young man in the car. Blair got out of the car, walked over to Jim and kissed him on the lips. All Jim could think was how soft and warm Blair's lips were. This was the first time they had even kissed.

"My name is Blair."

PART 6

"Blair." Jim whispered between warm soft kisses. He wrapped his arms around Blair and pulled him closer to his body. Jim could feel a warmth come over him. No longer did he feel tired and cold. He almost felt drunk. "Blair."

"Yes," Blair answered.

"You never told me your name." Jim looked into his companions eyes. "Why?"

"You never asked" Blair tilted his head back to gaze into Jim's eyes. "How do you feel, now?"

It seemed such a strange question. Jim was about to say he was "OK," "Or a little better." Then he really thought about it. He did feel better. No, he felt energized. He was not tired at all. To tell the truth, Jim felt like he had more than eight hours sleep. Shit, he felt damn good. Jim could see that Blair was smiling at him. What a beautiful smile. Jim had to kiss that mouth again. This time he let his tongue taste Blair's full lips. He couldn't stop himself. He had to have more of this young man. With each kiss Jim could feel his body come alive. As if Blair understood, he parted his lips, letting Jim's tongue explore his mouth. Blair returned Jim's soulful kisses. Jim held Blair's face in his hands. He felt as if he wanted to drink this man's very essence. Blair held on to Jim's strong body. They licked and sucked on each other's mouths. Blair's kisses were like a drug to Jim. He could not stop kissing him. Then Blair went limp in Jim's arms. Jim scooped Blair up in his arms and took him to the car. Jim could feel himself start to panic. Then Blair opened his eyes and gave Jim a weak smiled. Jim put Blair in the back-seat of the car, and got into the back himself.

"Are you sick? You hurt? Blair tell me! What's wrong?" Jim's words rushed out of him. "Tell me Chief." Jim could not camouflage his concern. "God, are you all right?"

"I'm just tired and cold." Blair reached up and touched Jim's face. "How are you doing? How do you feel?"

"I'm worried about you, man." Jim held Blair in his arms.

"I'm fine. All I need is sleep. I'll be just fine." Blair hugged Jim and kissed him again. "Now let's get to your friends place. Can you drive Jim?"

Jim looked down into Blair's face. "I said I was fine. You stay back here and rest."

Jim got out of the back-seat of the car. He made sure Blair was resting. Then he got into the front seat. All the time looking at Blair, not wanting to take his eyes off him. Jim started up the car and drove. He glanced at Blair in the rearview mirror. His companion was sleeping again. Jim pulled on to the highway. As he drove he wiped tears off his face. Never before had he felt so affected by a person. The thought of Blair hurting or being sick was more than he could stand.

Two hours later Jim pulled up to Simon's place. The whole time Jim drove Blair slept. At times Jim seemed to hear his companion's heart beat. It was so slow and heavy. Jim knew he was imagining this. How could he hear another persons heart beat? But it still made him feel better to *think* he could hear Blair's heart. 'Blair,' what a fitting name for such an exquisite being.

*************

Jim pulled his car to the rear of Simon's place. Simon lived in a warehouse district. There wasn't a soul in sight. Simon always lived apart from people. He knew he was a marked man. This was just one of Simon's many places around the world. Only Simon knew them all. Not Jim or even Simon's son Daryl knew of all Simon's hide outs. That was how his friend wanted it. Jim understood, it was to protect Daryl and Jim, not Simon. If anyone asked if they knew where Simon was, they could honestly say no...and mean it.

Jim got out of the car and helped Blair out. The young man still seemed weak. Although in the last hour or so, Jim could hear Blair's heart rate and breathing become stronger. How he knew this, Jim didn't really care. He just did. The same way he knew Blair had been awake for an hour and watching him. Now Jim helped Blair walk up a flight of stairs. He entered a code into the keylock at the steel door. The door opened and they entered the room. On the other side of the door was Simon Banks. Blair lifted his head to see the most elegant black man he had ever seen. Standing before him was the perfect balance of grace and power. Just standing near this dynamic man made Blair feel stronger.

Simon banks greeted his best friend with open arms. Then he turned his attention to Jim's companion. Simon was fascinated by this captivating young man. He could tell that Jim's companion was not much taller than his son. The young man was about the same size too. It looked as if he might be older that Daryl. What got Simon was the way the man looked. Jim was holding the most splendid looking young thing. He had a face of an angel. His eyes the color of azure. His mouth was full and alluring. He was so seductive without trying to be seductive.

Jim broke the moment.

"Simon is there somewhere Blair could rest. He is so weak. He needs to lie down." Jim asked. Jim picked up Blair in his arms and held him close. Now Simon could see that the young man was tired. He told Jim to put Blair in the guest room down the hall.

Simon's place was a converted warehouse. One big livingroom with large leather furniture. There was a large fire place in the center of the livingroom. Everywhere you looked there were books and computers. The kitchen was a big room off to the left of the living room. To the right, down the hallway were the bedrooms. There were three bedrooms. Simon's was the big master bedroom. Then there was the room that Simon kept for his son, Daryl. Simon's son did not say with his father; but wherever Simon was he had a room for his child. That way Simon always felt Daryl was near him. Jim went to the last room on the hall, the guest room. It was as big as the other two rooms. It had a huge bed and it's own bathroom. Jim placed Blair on the bed and undressed him. Then Jim put his ward under the covers and kissed Blair's forehead. Blair was fast asleep. Jim closed the door to the guest room and went back to the livingroom. Simon was waiting for Jim by one of his computers. Jim sat down and looked at his friend.

"Where do you want me to begin?" Jim sighed.

"At the beginning," Simon said. "Tell me everything."

PART 7

Jim took a long look around the room, not really seeing anything, just looking. He wanted to remember everything. It seemed like a lifetime ago that he was in Special Ops, Black Ops. A lifetime ago that he was sent to kill Blair. The thought of that moment made Jim sick to his stomach. The thought of him trying to kill Blair made him almost cry.

Simon sat and watched his close friend face some internal demons. What had happened to his friend? This was Jim Ellison, the best of the best, sitting in front of him falling apart. Simon reached over and put a hand on Jim's knee.

"Jim, come back to me. Jim, "Simon said again "Tell me what happened."

Hearing his name, Jim focused back on Simon. He took a deep breath and started at the beginning, the day he got his orders. He told about the meeting in Black Ops that he attended. The raid on the compound and the other team sent to kill them. Then Jim stopped and looked away. This was the moment that he hated to remember. Jim looked back at Simon and told him of the moment he first saw Blair. The moment his life changed.

"Simon, there he was... beautiful. I looked into those eyes of his and knew I couldn't kill him. I just grabbed him and tried to get out of there. That's when it happened, when I died...Simon they shot me...I died."

Jim began to shudder, the thought too overwhelming. He died and Blair brought him back to life. Jim suddenly felt a life-affirming peace. It felt like a wave had swept over him and he was just breaking the surface, taking his first breath. He was alive. He was alive because of Blair.

Now Jim felt calmer...he continued his story. He told of the light and how Blair seemed to float in midair. How they got away and went to the motel where he called Simon. Jim did leave out having sex with the young man and how he felt about him...something Jim wanted to keep to himself, why he didn't know. Now he looked at his friend. Simon seemed to want to say something, but couldn't. Now it was Jim's turn to place his hand on Simon's knee.

"Tell me what you're thinking? What have I gotten myself into? Simon, I came to you for help and to tell this to someone. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true, all of it. Please tell me I'm not crazy."

Simon cleared his throat and spoke "I believe everything Jim. I know what you told me is the God's honest truth. I know because I know about this project. God knows I wish I didn't, but I do."

Simon wanted to tell Jim to just go, leave and never look back. Leave this Blair thing here and never think about him again. But the look on his friend's face told Simon that would never happen. Simon thought for a moment and decided what to do next.

"Jim, you go get some sleep and I will have all the information you need when you wake up. I want you to rest and just leave everything to me."

"OK, Simon, I'll do just that. You know I haven't slept in twenty-four hours, but I feel fine. I'll just go and see how Blair is doing."

Jim turned and started to walk down the hallway, stopped and turned back. "Thank you Simon, I knew I could count on you." Then he went back down the hallway.

Simon sat and looked down his hallway. God what had Jim gotten into? How was he going to tell his friend that he should have shot and killed that thing in his guest room. Simon saw the way Jim looked at that boy, how he held him. Jim was in love with that abomination. Simon turned to his computer and started to bring up files and documents. Maybe if Jim saw the facts in black and white he would come to his senses. Simon just hoped that he could make Jim understand that this Blair thing had to die.

****************

Jim opened the door to the guest room and saw the most wonderful sight, Blair sleeping. The sight took his breath away. Blair was just as he had left him, on his right side on the left side of the bed. His companion rested with his right arm under him and his left arm draped over his body. Jim felt such peace and well-being looking at Blair. He felt such...what? Jim put it out of him mind and shut the door.

He undressed and gingerly slipped into bed. Jim watched Blair breathe, he listened to his heart beat. When the younger man breathed out, Jim took a breath in. He loved Blair's scent, he smelled of warm fruit and spices. Jim was not even thinking about how he could hear and smell these things, he just knew he could.

At that moment, Blair's left hand touched Jim's lips. "Get some sleep", was all he said without opening his eyes.

Jim smiled and pulled Blair to him. Blair turned on his left side and wrapped Jim's right arm around him. They slept spooned that way breathing steady and slow. Their bodies so close and comfortable, a perfect fit.

******************

Back in the main room Simon Banks worked. He had always tracked ongoing worldwide research, never limiting himself to just publications. No, Simon hacked his way in and penetrated computer security systems, breaking encryption's. This was his way of keeping a step ahead of the "bad guys." That made Simon smile, he was one of the bad guys once. This was once his world, the world of lies and manipulation. God please forgive him, he thought it was helping the world to do the things he use to do. Now he was seeing first hand his dirty work...it was right in his guest room.

Part 8

Simon finally found what he was searching for, "Project Prophecy or SA-98." This was the deepest and darkest of the Centers projects. This project went against everything America held dear and true. Simon was just brought onto the project to make sure that no secrets leaked out. How strange it was that now Simon was hacking into the same data base that he put together. God must move in mysterious ways, was all Simon could think. That had to be the reason all this was happening to him now. Maybe this was the way to make right a bit of what he had done. To kill that thing called Blair, would make amends. Simon started to print it all out for Jim to read.

Jim woke up as he had gone to sleep, holding Blair. The young man felt so good in his arms, so right. Heaven on Earth, was the first thing Jim thought about whenever he was near Blair. All Jim wanted to do was to stay like this, warm, safe and next to Blair. Jim knew Simon was waiting for him and he had to understand what was going on, so he got out of bed and dressed.

Jim found Simon right where he had left him, at his computer. Jim walked over to his friend and waited. Simon was printing out something long and detailed. Jim sat down in a chair and waited for Simon to finish. As Simon worked Jim thought about Blair, and what they would do after this was over. Jim had lived in Cascade, Washington as a boy, he loved it there. Maybe he would take Blair there to live. Jim could almost see them living there together and happy. Cascade would be a great place to live, far away from the Center and Black Ops. They would do what Simon did, get out and live a normal life. Jim was thinking of the wonderful life Blair and he would have when Simon spoke.

"Jim I want you to read this. These reports will tell you everything you need to know about....Blair. These documents will tell you what and where he came from." Simon gave the documents to Jim.

"Look Simon, you know I don't understand this stuff, just tell me, I trust you. You tell me what I need to know." Jim gave the papers back to his friend and waited.

"You know there were a projects that I handled for the Center. Projects that were so evil and abnormal that I couldn't take it anymore. This was the one that made me leave. This one project was it for me, I had to get out." Simon spoke softly, almost in a whisper. "This project started long before I got to the center. Hell it started about when you were ten years old. Yes, that is how long this has been going on, about thirty years."

Simon took a deep breath and sat down himself. Now he looked deep into the fireplace in the center of the room. He spoke as if to himself, forgetting that Jim was even in the room.

"A Dr. Norbert Vaughan, a bio-anthropologist came up with a theory. That man could be altered, made better. Starting from the molecular structure of DNA, he could build a better beast. You get it, man made better. This would not take millenniums as it had before, no, it would take only a few years in a lab to do what God has done till now. But it goes further. This new man would have genes that would be associated with unusual talents, paranormal talents, telepathy, telekinesis, and pyrokinesis. You get what I'm saying? A better killing machine. But this one would be perfect, beautiful to look at. This new killer would be irresistible."

Now Simon looked at Jim. "Do you understand what I'm telling you?"

Jim shook his head no.

"The compound that you were at was Vaughan's think tank, and orphanage." Simon went on. "Thirty years ago woman were chosen because of their paranormal talents. They were told they were getting a free G.Y.N. exam from a free clinic. But what was really happening was that they were being impregnated with Dr. Vaughan's embryos. Genetically altered embryos. Hell, it was the summer of love. So a few woman got knocked up and didn't know who the father was, no problem. But here is the real ugly, nasty part. When the women were ready to give birth a red flag went up and they got a special doctor...yeah from The Compound. Then they were told after they gave birth that the child was stillborn. But that wasn't true. Dr. Vaughan took the child to raise. Now the good doctor had his master race. You think the Germans were the only people to try that? Hell, the reason he failed is because they didn't have good old Yankee know how."

Simon stood up now and yelled at Jim. "You understand what I'm saying now. Jim?"

Jim understood, but deep down he didn't want to. So, he shook his head no... again.

Simon started to pace the large room. "Most of the children were catatonic. They never spoke or moved. These children died as infants. Some children lived to show some hope. Things moved in their rooms and flew through the air. But still these children were not, let's say, easy to look at. Oh yes they were chilling to look at, eyes staring at nothing, drooling. These were not the perfect new humans Dr. Vaughan wanted, they were...put down."

Jim was starting to get sick. He wanted to leave the room and go back to Blair where it was warm and wonderful. But the look on Simon's face held him to his chair.

"You know how many children the good doctor went through...hundreds. Yeah, more than a hundred children were taken from their mothers and used as lab rats. When I got the assignment to protect the data base it was about twenty years into the project, project SA-98. By then there were only a few children left. GLC 25-49 could make thing go away. Yes, I said go away. She could make thing go to the 'bad place', where the hell that was no one knew. MWC 12-17 could make time stand still. He could make life stop, just stop. Then he could start time up again, but he never wanted to do that. He would stop time and leave it that way. If you were outside his room you were not affected...not yet. Both children were kept on medication. Both children were very insane. JMJ 10-20 was beautiful. He could move things and bend spoons. He also love to set things on fire. He loved fire, it was his friend. JMJ 10-20 set a whole room of people on fire just to hear them scream. The doctors at the compound kept him in a room, sedated. You know why, because he couldn't be controlled."

Jim got up to leave the room, but Simon stood in front of Jim to stop him. "I see you understand me now. What you have brought here to my home is JMJ 10-20. You have brought a killer into my house. He is not what you think. That is not a sweet young helpless man in there, that is an insane killer. You should have killed him the moment you saw him. He is not human Jim, he is a thing. He needs to die."

"I'm not MJM 10-20. I'm HTX 24-69, I'm Blair."

Both men spun around and looked at Blair standing in the room. They had been so into each other and what they were saying that they didn't even hear the young man come into the room. Jim and Simon stood and stared at Blair, neither man moved.

"My name is Blair. They called me HTX 24-69 in the compound. I am not a killer. I have never hurt anyone in my life. Please believe me. I would never hurt you Simon, never. Jim, you know I would never hurt you...I saved your life. Please believe me."

Blair stood with his hands palm up by his sides. He had on only boxer shorts and a sweatshirt. His hair was loose and falling around his face. He had the look of a man pleading for his life.

Simon spoke first, "Jim, kill him now."

PART 9

Jim stood dumbfounded for what seemed to him an eternity, then instinct took over. Simon Banks had given him an order. Jim removed his gun from the back of his pants and pointed it at Blair. Conflicting emotions raced through Jim as he began to pull the trigger. The moment seemed to slow to a stop, everything happening at once and nothing happening at all.

"Do it now" Simon ordered.

"Jim, I am not the person Simon says I am." Blair's voice was calm, but full of emotion. "Please listen to me. You know me, I would never hurt anyone, and never you. Jim, you know me, my soul, you have touch it...I have touched yours. I am not MJM 10-20. I'm HTX 24-69...I'm your Blair."

Jim looked into Blair's dark blue eyes. In Blair's eyes he saw the man he wanted to live with the rest of his life. He saw happiness, trust and love. God help him he saw love in Blair's eyes. Jim started to lower his gun.

"I gave you an order soldier", Simon's voice rang in Jim ears.

Jim raised his gun again. Now he was angry, he wanted answers. "What are you? What type of thing are you?" Jim yelled at Blair.

"I saved your life and trusted you. I cared for you and ...and...I.." Jim could not bring himself to say it.

Jim was mad and confused. Simon had never lied to him, ever. He had always trusted Simon with his life. Never once had he even thought of not carrying out an order of Simon Banks. This was the man that trusted Jim with all of his secrets. Simon even trusted Jim with the life of his son. So why now would Jim not believe Simon? If Simon said Blair was an abomination to God and man, why shouldn't he believe him?

Because Blair was right. Blair had touched his soul and he had touched Blair's. The moment the younger man had saved his life Jim had felt Blair's soul. How he knew this, God only knew. But he had felt a true goodness flood into him. Jim had walked into the light and held this man in his arms. He had more than held him he had given himself to Blair. He had loved him. Jim felt as if his heart was breaking.

But all that was a lie Simon said. Nothing he felt for Blair was true. It was all a way for this thing to stay alive. He had been used and he had to kill it now.

"You lied to me. You used me. I know now what you are. You are nothing but filth, a freak of nature. I have seen the things you can do and the world doesn't need you. I don't need you. I should have never touched you. I should have killed you the moment I saw you." Jim said to Blair, forgetting about Simon being in the room.

Then it happened again, everything seemed to stop. Then everything happened in slow motion. Jim pulling the trigger. The look on Blair's face. The heat in the room. Jim felt a hissing cold move up his spine. It felt like his spine had turned to broken glass and ice water replaced the blood in his veins. But Jim felt heat all around him. Then he heard Simon yell.

Jim saw Blair running toward him and Simon yelling something. Simon had spun around to see what had exploded behind him, not just him, but all of them. Simon's place was on fire. Everywhere Jim looked things were bursting into flames. Glass was breaking and drapes were ribbons of red, and yellow. Phantoms of light and ghost of shadows crawled up the walls and across the ceiling. The place was almost alive, with every breath it took it became an inferno. Then Jim heard Blair yelling at Simon.

"Show me a safe place!" Blair yelled at Simon.

Blair took Simon's face in his hands and looked into his eyes. In a very calm voice, Blair asked Simon again "Show me a place you find safe. Show me in your mind Simon...Show me your safe place."

Then Jim saw what looked like a distortion in the room. Then the distortion took on a shape of a window. On the other side of the window Jim saw a house hidden by trees. Then Jim saw water all around this house, it looked like a lake. Now it was clear, a house on an island in the middle of a lake. Jim could not believe his eyes.

When the image became clear, Jim felt Blair push him through the distortion. Jim felt as if he had stopped breathing, but he could breathe. He felt like he was in warm, thick water, but he was not wet. Then he was on the other side of the distortion and landing on dirt. He was at the house on the island in the middle of the lake.

Jim looked back over his shoulder and through the distortion saw the inferno that was once Simon's home. Jim saw Blair push Simon through the distortion as he had done with Jim. Jim watched as Simon landed next to him. What Jim observed next cracked the marrow in Jim's bones. Just as Blair was about to jump through he was wrapped in a whirlwind of flames. As Blair landed at Jim's feet the window closed behind him.

Simon got up and looked around. "God Jim we are at my house on the lake. This place is hundreds of miles away from my warehouse."

Jim could not hear him. He was staring at Blair. There at his feet was a body covered with burns. Most of the sweatshirt Blair had on was burned off. His back was burned to at least a third degree burn. Blair's legs weren't much better and his hair was all but burned off. Jim scooped Blair's limp body up in his arms and held him. Jim could hear and feel a very slight heart beat.

"Simon what time is it? When does the sun come up?" Jim yelled at Simon.

This was the first time Simon noticed Blair. There sitting on the ground was Jim holding Blair in his arms. Simon could smell the burned flesh. He bent down to look at Blair, the poor boy was dying....or dead.

"Jim it's almost 6 AM, it's almost morning. Why? Let him go Jim. I can't get a pulse, he's dead. Let the boy go." Simon said in a soothing voice. He tried to take Blair out of Jim's arms.

"Don't touch him. He is not dead. When the sun comes up you will see. Just you wait. He will be fine. Just leave us alone." Jim said through tears, as he pushed Simon away.

Simon backed off and sat on the ground to the right of Jim. Jim held Blair like a child. Blair's head was resting on Jim's left shoulder their cheeks touching. Jim held Blair with his back out toward the rising sun, with his burned legs on each side of Jim's lap. When the sun came up and the boy was still dead; Simon would try to pry the body out of Jim's arms. For now, Simon just sat and watched as Jim rocked and talked to Blair.

PART 10

For the next hour Simon sat and tried to understand what had just happen. The passed events at his warehouse were disconcerting. His nausea grew worse, and he took a deep breath, another, calming himself, it all seemed like a dream, no a nightmare. His home had erupted in flames all around him, there was nothing left, all had been destroyed. Simon knew he would be dead now if it was not for this young man that called himself Blair. That was what bothered him the most. After he had told Jim all he knew about the young man and after he had ordered Jim to kill Blair...the young man had saved his life. Could he have been wrong about the man in Jim's arms? Simon had been the person in charge of the data for Project Prophecy. He had known all there was about the hellish program, but had he been wrong? The young man had said over and over he was not MJM 10-20, that he was HTX 24-69. Simon had never heard of a HTX 24-69. Was there another subject that he didn't know of? Had he blamed this Blair wrongly? If this was so and Blair died, he would never forgive himself.

Blame himself, which was what he had done since he had left the Center. Blair reminded him of all he had been and done for the Center. He hated Blair. No, he hated himself. He hated himself for not stopping Project Prophecy. Simon wanted to make Blair go away, wanted him dead. He wanted to live his life in peaceful denial. Now there was no way to do that because Jim was holding the one thing that made him take a long look at himself. If he was wrong about Blair, what had happened to his place? Or 'who' had happened to his place?

Simon couldn't look at Jim holding Blair any longer. The sight of how Jim held and rocked the young man was heartbreaking. So Simon turned to the East to watch the sun climb up over rocky slopes near his cabin. Simon watched the sunlight shift over the valley as if it had known it was needed. He watched as the sun strolled up to the young man in Jim's arms and illuminated him. Simon could not believe his eyes. He knew what he was watching was Blair's energy field. Simon watched as a warm soft light surrounded Blair. The light seemed to lift him out of Jim's arms and embrace the young man. After a few seconds another light formed in Blair's midsection. Simon knew that Blair was being healed from the inside out.

Simon watched as Jim stood under the floating young man, speaking to him in soft loving tones. He watched as the light eased Blair into Jim's waiting arms. Simon watched as Jim kissed and caressed Blair. "I told you he was alive," Jim said as he turned toward Simon. Then Jim cradled Blair in his arms again.

Simon could not take his eyes off Blair. All of Blair's hair had grown back full and long. Blair's skin was as if he had never been burned. The young man was as beautiful as the moment Simon met him. How could he have thought Blair was a monster, this MJM 10-20? Simon thanked God for giving him a second chance to help this wonderful young man.

"Jim, let's get Blair inside and put him to bed." Simon pointed toward the cabin. "I bet he's tired. I know I would be if I just saved two lives and fought off death." Simon wanted to sound as if he was making a joke, but the tremble in his voice betrayed him.

Jim carried Blair into the guest bedroom. Simon helped Jim take off Blair's charred clothes and put him in bed. Simon left Jim and Blair alone while he found some clothes for Blair. He thought his son's clothes would fit Blair. When Simon returned to the guest room Blair was sitting up in bed. Jim was in the bathroom taking a shower. Simon gave the clothes to Blair and started to leave. Simon felt so ashamed of himself and how he had treated Blair, all he wanted to do was get away from the gaze of those soulful blue eyes.

"Simon, please come here," Blair said holding out his right hand to Simon. " Please, come here and sit by me on the bed."

Simon could not believe his ears; Blair was asking him to stay. After all he had accused Blair of, the young man wanted him to sit next to him. Simon felt humbled. He sat next to Blair on the bed and took Blair's outstretched hand. Simon couldn't make himself look into Blair's eyes. He just sat there holding the young man's hand, then Blair spoke again.

"Are you all right? Did you get hurt? Are you burned anywhere? Let me look at you. I want to see if you are OK. I could not forgive myself if you were hurt."

Simon was flabbergasted. He had accused Blair of unspeakable things, called him an abomination of nature and wanted him dead. Now Blair was asking him if he was hurt. Simon looked Blair in the eye and shook his head yes then no. Simon lowered his head again and started to weep. " Please forgive me Blair."

Simon felt Blair pull him into a tight embrace. Simon couldn't stop crying. The thought of Blair's compassion toward him was overwhelming. Being in Blair's arms felt so wonderful. Simon had never felt so forgiven or so loved. Simon stayed in Blair's arms till his tears subsided.

Blair whispered into Simon ear, "Please forgive me. I was so tired that I stopped blocking. I knew that the other would be trying to remote me. I knew that if he found me he would try to kill me, or anyone near me. But I felt too safe near you and in your home; I let my guard down. I let him destroy your home. I'm so sorry, please forgive me."

Simon stared at Blair. Again this amazing young man was asking for his forgiveness. Simon fought hard to control his emotions; he was on the verge of crying again. "No, you must forgive me. I wanted you dead and for all the wrong reasons. I wanted to forget about all I had done when I worked for the Center. Then you showed up on my doorstep and I had to face my past. I tried to turn Jim against you. He could have killed you. For God's sake man, I told Jim to shoot you."

"He did shoot me."

"What?" Simon could not believe what he was hearing.

"He did shoot me, the bullet hit me right here." Blair pointed to a place on his chest, on the left side. "Oh, don't worry the bullet went right through me."

"Oh my God," Simon could feel the nausea growing again. "And you still saved my life?"

"Why wouldn't I save you life?" Blair asked. "Simon Banks you are a good man, I knew that the moment I met you. You thought you had MJM 10-20 in you home, you didn't know about me. No one knows about me. The doctor kept me pretty much a secret. I was not like the others and I wouldn't kill. I was not what he wanted. I still don't know why he kept me alive this long."

Simon couldn't help himself; he reached over and hugged Blair. He knew now what Jim had seen and felt about this young man. Jim was right to bring Blair to him for protection. Simon would do all he could to make sure nothing happened to Blair. At that moment Simon felt an overwhelming need to kiss Blair. He moved his face slowly till they were looking at each other. Taking his hands and cupping the young face, Simon placed his lips on Blair's. How soft and smooth Blair's lips felt. Simon had never kissed a man before, never thought of a man in a sexual way. Yet, kissing Blair seemed the most natural thing in the world. As they parted from the chaste kiss, Simon felt his heart for the first time in years.

"You need to get some sleep Simon. Your very tired."

Simon had not felt sleepy before Blair mentioned it. "You know, I am tired. You must be tired too. I'll let you get some sleep too." Simon got up and left the room. He suddenly felt as if he could hardy make it to his room, he felt so tired and sleepy. Simon undressed and climbed into his bed. The moment his head hit the pillow he fell asleep.

Blair was still sitting up in bed. He knew Jim had been listening to the whole conversation from the bathroom. He knew Jim was upset, crying and afraid. He could feel Jim's every emotion now. They were joined in soul, but not in body. Now it was time to be joined in body too.

"Jim, come to bed, I need you."

PART 11

When Jim stepped into the shower he heard Simon return to the room. God, he was so awake, so hyped from all that had happened in the past few hours. Everything seemed to rush through his mind as if it were a video on fast forward. Simon telling him all about the project; the Project prophecy. Simon telling him that Blair was a monster, a genetically engineered being. Then having Simon tell him to kill Blair. That's when everything went hazy.

Jim let the warm water run over his body and clear his mind. He remembered having everything explode around him. Jim remembered Blair asking Simon for a safe place, and then they were at Simon's lake cabin. Poor Blair was almost killed trying to save them. How could Simon possibly think that Blair was a killer?

Damn, he could hear every word Simon and Blair were saying, as if he were in the same room. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, he could just hear them talking. God, how he wished he had never heard a word they said, because what he heard made him cry.

Jim could not hold himself up any longer; his knees gave way under him. He sank down in the shower and let the water mix with his tears. His heart a rock of hard memory, the taste of blood flooded his mouth. But the taste in his mouth was not blood, it was guilt. He had shot Blair. He had tried to kill Blair. Crying in the shower, the water turning cold, Jim searched the deep orderly files of his mind. He was alive and unable to justify his survival.

Jim turned off the water to the shower. He sat on the shower's floor and tried to pull himself together. But the harder he tried to control his emotions the more he cried. He had heard other men in his Ranger unit talk about the Zero Point. The Zero Point was where you faced your inner self. The point where everything you thought you knew was turned upside down. The point where you existed with time receding in both directions. Jim knew he was at his Zero Point.

His body was drained of all its strength. Jim crawled from the shower and collapsed on the bathroom floor. He lay on the floor listening to Simon and Blair talk; their conversation tearing into him like eagle's claws. That was when Jim felt his mind empty into the abyss.

"Jim, come to bed, I need you."

A voice was calling him, telling him to leave his cryogenic slumber. A voice pulling him back, telling him to shake off the ice in his bones and veins. Blair, the voice belonged to Blair. Jim's mind followed Blair's voice up from the abyss to the warm velvet tones of safety. His unconscious mind shaking off the hissing cold drilling through his skull. His only thought was to reach Blair.

Jim pulled himself off the bathroom floor and stumbled to the locked bathroom door. Blair was now standing on the other side of the door. Jim could feel the young man's heat through the cool wood. Leaning his head on the door Jim listened to Blair speak words of love.

"Jim, please open the door and come to bed." Blair pressed his nude body against the bathroom door.

"Chief I heard everything you said and I know I shot you. God, how could I have done that to you?" Jim sank back to the bathroom floor.

Blair also sank to the floor on his side of the door. Then he whispered. "Jim, I love you." Blair waited then spoke again. "Jim I know you heard me, but I'll say it again.... I love you."

"Why?" Jim said with tear soaked breath.

"Because, you love me." Kneeling Blair pressed his body against the door again. "Open the door Jim."

Jim moved his hand up to the doorknob as he backed away from the door. As soon as he opened the door Blair fell into his waiting arms. Jim held onto Blair for dear life. He felt that if he let go, he would fall into the abyss and never come back.

"Now, let's get off this floor and into bed, I'm cold." Blair helped Jim up off the bathroom floor and into their bed. "Now this is better"

Jim settled in under the covers as Blair turned off the lights in the bedroom and climbed in bed next to him. Jim could still see Blair's face even though it was pitch dark in the room. He wanted to tell Blair how much he loved him. He wanted to tell Blair how he had never felt like this about anyone ever before But, the words would not free themselves from his heart. He hated himself for everything he had become, a man living with indifference as a shield. A shield that hid the pain of a tormented child afraid of being hurt.

"I know, I know everything. You don't have to talk." Blair gently positioned Jim onto his back. "Just lay back and let me love you," Blair said as he covered Jim's body with his.

"You don't have to do this," Jim said turning his head away from Blair.

"You want this. I want this. We..." placing his face in Jim's neck "...need this."

At this acknowledgment Jim was immensely moved by Blair's tenderness; a tenderness Jim had never felt before. It engulfed Jim with the fulfillment of the dream that had grown between them.

Jim turned his face to look at his lover, and then Blair kissed him. Jim felt the younger man's tongue slip between his lips. He opened his mouth to offer himself fully to Blair's tongue. Jim wanted to drink from Blair's mouth, he tasted so sweet. He felt his body shudder with the desire to be taken wholly. He needed to touch Blair...feel the blood rushing in Blair's veins. Jim needed to feel the life force in Blair...inside him.

Blair's kisses and caresses had a strange quality, soft and melting one moment, fierce and animal like the next. Jim laid on his back and let Blair dominant him. He had never let a lover take control before, but he wanted ...needed to give himself totally over to Blair. If he couldn't speak his feelings to his lover, then he would show him.

When Jim closed his eyes he felt as if Blair's hands were touching him everywhere. Blair's mouth passed so swiftly over his body that all Jim's senses screamed for more. His nipples were hard with anticipation of Blair's mouth. As if knowing just what Jim wanted, Blair sank his teeth into Jim's left nipple with wolf like sharpness. Jim's skin was on fire now and covered with a sheen of sweat. He loved the feeling of Blair over him. He enjoyed his lover's weight on him, the feeling of being crushed under Blair's body. Jim wanted the young man to ravage him, from mouth to feet. Shivers passed through Jim's body.

Jim heard Blair tell him to raise his legs. He did what his lover wanted, pulling his legs up, as he has never done before, until his knees touched his shoulders. He had never been so exposed before, but it seemed so right here with Blair. Jim ached with the need to offer himself fully to his lover.

Blair whispered, "Hold still and spread yourself with your hands, I'm going to enter you. I'm not going to hurt you."

Jim didn't say anything, just closed his eyes and waited. He didn't care if Blair hurt him, or if they didn't use lubrication, all he wanted was Blair inside him. Then Jim felt his body relax with the warm probing touch of Blair's hand. Jim felt his body opening up to his lover's touch. He felt the warmth invade his being. Then Jim felt his lover's cock rest inside him. Gripping the sheet, Jim lay back and waited.

Blair moved inside Jim's body inciting a violent appetite in Jim that he could never imagine. Blair's hands were on Jim's thighs pushing them back and down. Jim felt as if Blair's weight on his legs would break him in two. He took his hands and reached behind him to hold onto the headboard. Jim half opened his eyes and watched his lover, what an exquisite sight. There was Blair between his legs. Blair's hair had fallen on his face, and he was.... glowing. That was the only way to describe it, Blair was glowing. Jim could feel the slow movements of his lover moving inside him, and then Blair pushed his cock in deeper. Their bodies undulated together. Jim tried to raise his hips to meet Blair. It was if they were electrically charged, each thrust from his lover sent currents through his body. Blair's orgasm came with a tremendous sound of joy. Then, Jim felt a strange thing happening to his body. The warmth of their lovemaking seemed to travel up his body. Jim watched as the glow that had radiated from Blair was now in him, moving through him, warming him...freeing him.

"Relax, don't be afraid, open your heart. Open your mind. Everything will be answered," was all Blair said.

Jim watched as the glow moved into his chest then out to his arms. It felt so warm and loving. Never had he felt so...whole. He closed his eyes and rode the wave of sensations. Jim could sense everything in the room. The tactile data flowed to him from every pore. He became conscious of the texture of his own skin. He could see everything in the room with a clarity never before. Jim was overwhelmed by the sounds of the lake and near woods outside. Smells flooded through him with a heightened impact. He could taste Blair so weet and tangy, like citrus fruit. That was not what amazed Jim; it was the wave of emotion. He found himself flooded with a myriad of emotions. Then his body shivered, he could feel crosscurrents of increasing pleasure, until he cried out, half sobs and half laughter.

Jim felt more alive then he had ever been in his life. He looked at his lover and understood everything. What Blair was, who he was and how much Blair loved him. There were no secrets between them now. Jim no longer had to hide anything from Blair...or himself.

"Chief, I love you." Jim heard himself say.

Blair smiled then slipped down into the bed until his mouth reached Jim's cock. Jim watched as Blair began kissing all around his still hard sex. Jim's cock shook slightly with each kiss. Jim placed his hand on Blair's head as it moved up and down. Jim could hear the wet sucking sounds of his lover's mouth on his cock. Jim felt every ridge in Blair tongue. He cock seemed to have it's own exquisitely sensitive array of nerve endings. With the feelings of blueness and light Jim came this time in Blair's mouth.

They lay in each other's arms, neither one saying a word...they didn't have to. No words were needed now, only thoughts. No longer was Jim Ellison alone in the world. No longer was he a frightened angry child. He was loved and a part of something wonderful...he was a part of Blair. Nothing would ever come between them...never.

Blair got out of bed. He dressed himself in the clothes that Simon had left him. It had been two hours since making love to Jim. He understood more now than he had ever thought he could. Joining with Jim made Blair understand the scarifies of love. What he had to do now, Blair had not let Jim know. He stood looking at his lover and cried. Now, Jim understood he was a Sentinel. It made Blair sad that he would not be here to guide Jim through everything, but he had to leave. He had giving both men an unconscious suggestion. Blair had whispered in Jim's ear to sleep, the same as he had done to Simon. They would sleep till the night. Blair knew he knew he could not stay. Staying would mean that Simon and Jim might die, and he could not live with that. When he had looked into Simon's mind he saw what he wanted to be. Simon had taught him so much about being a man of honor. Blair wanted to be like Simon, a man that could do the right thing no matter that it meant leaving the ones you loved. And that was what Blair had to do. He had to leave the only person he loved to save him.

Blair walked out of Simon's lake cabin, opened up a portal window and walked through it. On the other side of the portal window was an office. An elderly man sat behind a desk. The man looked up and smiled as Blair appeared.

"Hello Dr. Vaughan. I'm back."

PART 12

The Altel Hotel was Cascade's oldest five star hotel. It had been built in the 1900's as the city's first hotel. Now it was a historical landmark to never be destroyed. What the good people of Cascade didn't know was that the Altel Hotel was hiding an ugly secret. When you walked through its grand glass and brass doors into it's exquisite lobby, you would see a hallway to your left. Down that opulent left hallway you would come to a wall. Most people passed this wall with only noticing the mural painting. But, if you knew where to look.... you would find a door. The door lead to an elevator that would take you down 200 feet below the Altel Hotel. During World War II this space was meant to be a bomb shelter for important government heads of state. Now, below the unknowing sleeping and dinning guests, were the offices and labs of Dr. Norbert Vaughan.

Sitting behind his desk in his gray and white office, Dr. Vaughan looked over his notes. Everything had gone perfectly until yesterday. HTX 24-69 had done what Dr. Vaughan had surmised he would do. Those stupid bean counters at the center wanted to terminate HTX 24-69. But, he knew that if given the right circumstances that 24-69 would shine...and he had. The Special Ops team had been neutralized, not a trace of them.... that made Dr. Vaughan smile. Well, that was not true there was blood everywhere, there had been a fire fight.

Then 24-69 had escaped into a world that he had never known. He had given 24-69 time to learn about the outside world, and then he had him remoted. That's when everything went wrong. When the Other tried to kill 24-69, Dr. Vaughan lost tack of 24-69. There was no trace of 24-69 anywhere, the Other couldn't remote him. Dr. Vaughn was beginning to worry that the project was over when he looked up from his desk to see 24-69. 24-69 had found him and had come back to him...that made Dr. Vaughan smile.

Dr. Vaughan slowly got up from his desk. Before him was HTX 24-69 even more beautiful then before. The changes in him were unbelievable, even to the doctor. The young man's hair hung loose in long flowing curls, almost to his waist. Dr. Vaughan could tell that 24-69's muscles had also developed. Even under the baggy clothes he could see how well defined and strong 24-69 had become. The doctor knew that the growth of body hair on 24-69 was from now fully active hormones. He knew that only sexual stimulation would cause such hair growth, HTX had to have had a sexual experience...that made Dr. Vaughan smile. As the doctor moved around his desk to look his creation he pushed a button.

"So, the prodigal son returns," the doctor said.

"I'm here," was all Blair would say.

Dr. Vaughan walked around his creation, taking mental notes. There was so much to do. First he had to cut the young man's hair. Dr. Vaughan never liked long hair on men, plus it would only get in the way of testing. Then, 24-69's body hair would have to be shaved off. A smooth body was best for the electrical terminals; electrodes didn't stick to hair well. Then 24-69 had to be punished... that made Dr. Vaughan smile.

Two men dressed in white came into Dr. Vaughan's office. They stood on either side of 24-69. The doctor was startled to see 24-69 not even give his men any notice. The doctor made another mental note about 24-69's new sense of self and how it also would have to go. To have 24-69 believe that he was in control would not do. Dr. Vaughan would have to nip this in the bud.

As Dr. Vaughan walked back to his desk, he motioned to the orderlies. "First I want you to cut his hair. Then I want you to completely shave off all his body hair. I want him clean...do you understand? When he is ready, put 24-69 in lab room three and make sure he is ready to be examined, then punished." Then he went behind his desk sat back down.

As the orderlies were taking Blair from the room the doctor spoke again.

"HTX how was the outside world?"

Blair looked the doctor straight in the eye. He could see that upset Dr. Vaughan; and 'that' made Blair smile.

"Wonderful," was all Blair said before being lead away.

Blair let the orderlies take him to be bathed. The room was all white tiles with a steel tub in the middle of the room. Blair let one of the orderlies remove his clothes. How strange it felt to have this done for him, Blair thought. Only a few days of being with Jim had made him forget the lab. Being with Jim and Simon had made Blair forget how cold and sterile his world had been. The touch of the orderlies was nothing like Jim's touch. The mere thought of Jim made Blair long for his lover and his body responded to that longing. The orderlies noticed Blair's erection and chuckled.

As one orderly was removing Blair's clothes, the other was drawing his bath. Blair walked to the tub and lowered himself in the skin sanitizing water. Dr. Vaughan made sure the orderlies understood that any bacteria must be eliminated. Then the orderlies began to shave Blair's body and gave him a hair cut. Blair shut his eyes and thought of Jim. They could cut hishair, sanitize his body and punish him for the rest of his life, but nothing could take away the love he had found with Jim Ellison. He had joined with Jim and for the rest of his life he would be Jim's...that made Blair smile.

After Blair had been shaved of all his body hair and his curls had been cut short, the orderlies lead him to room three, there they strapped him to an examination table. They placed electrodes in his scalp and all the pulse points of his body. Then they turned on the monitoring machines and left. Blair was left alone in the cold dark lab to wait. The only sound in the roomwas the sound of his heart monitor. Blair waited in the dark lab for the doctor's voice...and the pain.

"Now let's get this over with, shall we 24-69," came Dr. Vaughan's voice over the speakers. "Where have you been?"

Blair closed his eyes and waited. He would not tell Dr. Vaughan anything. He would take any punishment the doctor gave, but nothing could make his tell about Jim and Simon. Jim and Simon were his to know about. Jim was his one love and the keeper of his soul. Simon Banks was his only friend. Blair would die first before divulging anything about Simon.

"24-69 I asked you a question." Dr. Vaughan waited for a response. "So be it boy."

Dr. Vaughan turned to his assistant and gave her an order. "100 volts, three and a half minutes apart for an hour. I'll be back when the hour is up. Do not talk to him or go into that room no matter what he says or does."

The assistant did as she was told and administered the shock treatment to 24-69.

Blair could feel the electrical contacts starting their charge. The piercing and burning pain wracked his body. On each place of contact a blister formed on Blair's tender skin. The disgusting odor of burning skin hung in the air. Every nerve ending on Blair screamed and his muscles jerked in violent spasms. Through all of this Blair never made a sound. He had transcended his physical state and taken safety in the dark place. But before going to this place in his mind, Blair had one last thought of his lover, Jim Ellison.

Dr. Vaughan's lab assistant monitored Blair's vital signs from her station in the next room. She could observe Blair's every reaction from where she sat. Through her observation window she could see the blisters forming on his skin... she wondered why he was smiling.

Simon Banks woke with a start. The sound of screaming had ripped him from a sound sleep. Without thinking Simon ran to where the sound was coming from, the guest room. Had they been found out again...remoted? Simon was ready to see the room in flames, but he only saw Jim on the floor writhing in pain. All over Jim's naked body were angry red blisters. Simon dropped to his knees and took his friend in his arms.

"Jim, Jim who is doing this to you?" Simon asked.

Jim grabbed Simon and whispered to him. "Not me, they're doing this to Blair."

Love and War
Part 13

Simon watched Jim closely. His friend had been in and out of horrific pain for about three hours. Simon never let Jim out of his arms. He held on with all his might as Jim screamed and writhed in pain. How was this happening to Jim, and where was Blair? Jim had said that this was also happening to Blair too. If that was so, Simon knew where Blair must be; he must be back with Dr. Vaughan. Simon shuddered at the thought of that man touching Blair. All Simon thought was that his friends were suffering, and he had to do something.

A groan awoke Simon. He turned to see Jim still sleeping next to him in bed. Jim had passed out from the pain in Simon's arms. He didn't want to leave his friend so he covered Jim up and lay down next to him. He must have fallen asleep...although it didn't seem like it. Simon looked at his watch and was surprised to see it was almost morning. Then he heard Jim moan again, louder this time. His friend needed tending.

Simon eased off the bed and walked to the bathroom. He came back with a basin of warm water and a washcloth. Simon threw back the blanket. Jim lay curled up on his side, his naked body still showing signs of angry red welts. A sheen of sweat also coated his body. Simon reached for the basin he had placed on the bedside table. He took the washcloth and soaked it in the warm soapy water and then he wrung it out and began to gently wash his friend.

As soon as the washcloth touched Jim's skin he let out another grown. Simon began to speak in quiet, soothing, and reassuring tones. He watched as some of his friend's tension seemed to leave his body. Simon continued to wash Jim's troubled body. He couldn't help but notice how beautiful Jim's body was. He had a wonderful back, which was broad and covered in lean muscles. His ass was firm and toned, as were Jim's legs. Simon ran his fingers over Jim's exposed skin. That's when Jim let out a sigh and turned over onto his back, revealing his chest. Simon gazed at the broad chest, watching it rise and fall with each breath. Two dark nipples on sinew and muscle glistened with sweat. A hard abdomen leading to a soft pubic area. Naked and vulnerable with not a hair to mar its beauty. The only hair on Jim's body was wet and curled around a well-formed cock.

Simon let his fingers trail down the length of Jim's throat to his shoulders and then to the collarbone. He took the cloth and moistened it again, and washed Jim's chest. He noticed the smoothness of Jim's skin where his fingers brushed it. Simon could feel the heat of his friend's flesh as it penetrated the cloth. He looked down and saw Jim's erection at the same time he felt his own. Simon decided that this was a good time to finish and covered Jim. He returned to the bathroom and emptied the water, and then came back to sit next to Jim on the bed.

Simon drifted off into a dream state somewhere in between worlds. He found himself in a dark place. It was so dark he couldn't see his own hands. Then he saw a light, no…not a light, more like a glow. Simon walked toward the glow. The closer he got to the glow, the more he felt like crying. He didn't know why he felt such sorrow, but he did. As he approached, the reason for the glow became clear to Simon; it was Blair.

Blair lay on a table, his body completely naked and hairless. The young man looked dead, but somehow Simon knew Blair was not dead. What he did know was that Blair's life was slowly coming to an end. Not because of the inhuman torture he had suffered...no, not because of that. Blair was dying because he wanted to. The young man was giving up; he no longer wanted to live. The weight of his love for Jim and the fear of being the reason for Simon's harm was too much. Blair was willing himself to die. Simon somehow knew the glow was Blair's life force leaving his body. How Simon knew this he didn't quite understand. All he knew was this couldn't happen. The world needed someone like Blair...Jim needed Blair and so did he.

Simon grabbed Blair in his arms and held him tight. The young man felt so small and helpless. Simon looked into Blair's pale face. "Blair open your eyes," Simon pleaded.

Blair opened his eyes. Simon moaned when he saw the light gone from the wide blue eyes. He felt hot stinging tears fall from his own eyes as he looked at Blair. This couldn't be, Simon thought, as he held Blair's almost cold body in his arms. Simon's tears fell on Blair's up turned face. He began to kiss Blair's face as he spoke the words in his heart.

"Please Blair fight, don't give up. Jim needs you so much. He loves you. There has never been anyone he has ever loved more. Blair can you hear me? Please don't give up. We will find you. Please hold on." Simon looked into Blair's hollow eyes. "Blair, don't leave me. I have so much to learn from you. I have so much to atone for. I need you to show me how."

Simon knew he had to speak the truth. To really say what was in his heart. Blair needed to hear the truth. Simon brought Blair's face close to his and whispered. "Blair, I love you...I need you. Please don't give up."

Then Simon kissed Blair gently on the lips. It was a long and loving kiss full of tenderness. Simon felt Blair move in his arms. He looked at Blair's face and saw the young mans eyes were again full of life.

"I will not leave this world, not yet. Go back and care for Jim. He needs you as much as I need you. Go now. I will wait," was all Blair said.

Simon's eyes shot open. He could still remember the dream. He touched his face and felt the warm tears. Simon looked over at Jim in the bed next to him. Jim had wrapped his arms around Simon's waist and his head was resting on Simon's tummy. Simon placed his hand on Jim's shoulder and patted it. God what a dream. What did it mean?

"It wasn't a dream Simon" Jim said.

Simon looked down to see Jim looking back at him. "What do you mean?"

Jim sat up and looked into Simon's eyes. "Blair and I are linked in body and soul. I can..." Jim searched for the words. "...feel him. I can feel what he is feeling. I know his thoughts, and I know where he is."

Simon continued looking at his friend. If Jim had said this to him a week ago, Simon would have thought Jim was crazy. But, after all that had happened to him, Simon just looked and listened. "How is that possible?"

Jim lowered his eyes. "We have Joined. We..."

"I understand," was all Simon said.

"When you and Blair joined minds, you bonded. You too are now linked to him. That wasn't a dream you had, it was your mind reaching out ...looking for Blair." Jim continued. "The reason I can feel His pain is because I had sex with Blair...we are lovers and I'm a Sentinel. The reason you can connect with him is because he looked into your mind, remember?"

Yes, Simon did. He remembered everything. He knew they had to find Blair soon. He had told the young man that they would find him and they would. "You said you knew where he was. Where is Blair Jim?"

"In Cascade."

"Then that's where we're going." Simon got out of bed. "If that's where he is, I need to search my data base and find where he is being held." Simon looked at Jim. "Are you OK?"

Jim was weak and he knew he would have to pull himself together. "I need to shower and eat, then I’ll be better. You just do what you have to do. I'll meet you in your office." Jim walked to the bathroom.

Simon thought about what Jim had said...about being linked to Blair. What he didn't tell Jim was that all over his own body, just like Jim's, there were places of irritation. Nothing like Jim's...but they hurt. They had happened at the same time as Jim began to feel Blair's pain. Simon sat at his computer and logged on. He had told Blair to hold on, to not give up. He had told Blair that Jim loved him. He had told Blair that he loved him. He had told Blair that they would find him and damn it he would.

Jim watched as Simon made all the arrangements to go to Cascade. Jim had told Simon all he knew. That Blair was in Cascade. That he was being held in an underground lab. The lab was very old and had been used for something else years ago. Jim told Simon that Blair was being held in a kind of isolation chamber or room. There were no sounds and more important...no light. Blair was weak and despondent. Jim told Simon he could feel all of this.

"I also know how he feels about you Simon. He loves you." Jim sat down by Simon.

"Jim, Blair loves you...only you." Simon responded not looking at Jim.

"No, he loves you too. He has from the first moment he saw you. You give him hope; it's your strength. He loves you. I love you too. I always have and I always will. I thought I should say that to you now. After today I might not be able to tell you." Jim smiled.

Jim had said what Simon had tried not to think about. They were going to go up against a mad man and they might not live through it. Jim also spoke the truth about his feelings for Blair...and him.

Simon turned his head to look at Jim. What was happening to him? Yes, he had always thought of Jim as his best friend and he loved him...as a friend. Now Simon was not so sure of anything. That was wrong. He was sure that he did love Jim and Blair with all his heart. That from the moment he met Blair his life had meaning. That he was feeling love as he had never felt before. Simon touched Jim's face...then kissed him.

Jim didn't protest, instead he opened his mouth and let Simon's tongue sweep in. Simon tasted like strong whisky and the sweetness of honey. He tasted delectable and heady. Jim lapped at Simon until they both moaned as they dueled with their tongues. At last they broke apart, breathing heavily, and stunned by their emotions. Simon stared at Jim unable to hide his arousal.

"It's OK, really. Blair taught me that it's OK to love and feel this way. I know now that the love you feel for me and Blair will get us through this. It's all right." Jim whispered.

Simon smiled and got up from his desk. "I have a great deal to learn from Blair ...and you. So, lets go and bring him home."

***

Blair lay on a table in a dark room. Moments before he had almost shut down all his bodily functions, but Simon had come to him and told him not to give up. Simon had told him to fight and wait for them to save him. So, alone and in the dark, Blair waited.

PART 14 SOON