Title: Just An Illusion 3

Author: Brandi

Juno_skywalker@yahoo.com

Category: PWP

Rating: NC-17 for M/M sexual relations and some language

Pairings: Blair/Jim

Archive: Sure, just let me know where.

Disclaimer: I don't own the boys of Sentinel. (Damn it! I'd be a Millionaire.) This is a story of fiction . I don't claim the song used in this series, nor any of the characters of Sentinel for they
belong to Pet Fly, U P N, and Sci-Fi.

Author's Notes: Thanks to my wonderful betas and best friends Fox and Batty. You two are the greatest for putting up with this insane mind of mine. <hugs>

Summary: Well if I told you that it wouldn't be a surprise now would it... but here is a hint. Read part one and two of the series: Just An Illusion. <eg> Am so sweet ...and if you believe that I have some swamp land in the Arctic I can sell you!!! Ok, what are you doing reading this for heaven sakes? Go read!!!


Just An Illusion 3: In The Cold Of Night
by Brandi


Blair excused himself quickly and blew past Jim. The door hadn't even shut properly before Jim could hear him jacking off in the bathroom. DAMN IT. Why was Blair doing this to him? Was he trying to drive him insane!?! Did he only want him in dreams? He knew he'd sent all the right signals. Hell, he'd all but jumped the young man in his office, for crying out loud. Jim ran his hands down the worn frayed shorts, what there was of them, and pondered his next move.

*All right, Chief. If this is the way you want to play it, then the gloves come off. You will be mine! Soon.* Jim smiled. If he'd seen his own smile he would have frightened himself. The sexy
man that stood there wasn't Jim Ellison the cop, nor was he the tribal Sentinel. No the man that stood there was the dream-walker, the predator, the black jaguar on the hunt... for his chosen mate.

**************************

Panting and humming sounds echoed throughout the room.

Darkness fought for dominance as a hot spotlight shone down brightly on the man caught in its illumination. Blair was seated naked in a metal chair, his arms and legs spread wide and strapped down by the metal cuffs built into the chair, a vibrator that protruded from the seat worked its magic buried deep within forcing him to remain in place. Blair fought against himself, trying so hard not to cry out.

How he got here, he didn't know. Didn't really care at this point.

How could he care when in this place there was so much pleasure that the pain he felt almost disappeared... almost.

Sounds of someone moving within the darkness snapped Blair from his pleasurable haze. The teeth clinching sounds of metal scraping against metal echoed from all directions. Blair winced as the noise grew closer. Slowly a familiar laugh began to accompany the eerie sound.

The sound stopped as a muscular figure skirted just outside the light, stalking within the shadows.

"Jim?" Blair asked breathlessly.

"What are you afraid of?" the sexy voice questioned from the shadows.

"Jim, what's going on?"

"What are you AFRAID of?" the voice repeated from behind Blair.

"Why won't you come into the light?"

A humorless laugh met Blair's question. "Because you're keeping him out, Chief."

"Me?" Blair panted. He was so close to cumming he could scream and Jim was playing mind games. "What are you talking about? I want you here with me. Jim, please I'm so close baby. I need you."

Again that cold, humorless laugh met him as a response. "You sure have a funny way of showing it, Chief. He was all but throwing himself at you and you just walked away."

"Jim, why do you keep referring to yourself in the third person?" Blair realized something wasn't right here.

"Because. . . I'm not Jim." the sexy voice purred back at Blair.

Blair's eyes grew wide. *Not Jim? He sounded like Jim and the shadow looked like Jim. How could it not be him?* Blair thought. "Prove it. Step into the light so I can see you."

A tsking sound came from Blair's left. "Careful. You just might get what you wish for."

Blair taunted the other man with his own question, "What are YOU afraid of?"

The chuckle he got in response echoed from everywhere at once, "Cute, Chief. REAL cute."

Blair tracked the shadow man on his right. This was making him nervous and he didn't like this game of cat and mouse.

"Well? Is this better?" the voice asked right by Blair's left ear.

Blair slowly turned his head and came face to face with Jim's spirit guide. "You!" Shocked was an understatement at this point.

"Me." the jaguar said, "Why so surprised, Chief? I'd have thought you of all people would have figured on this. You are his GUIDE after all."

"I... What... Why are you here?" Blair stammered because couldn't think clearly with the chair still going.

"Why do you think Chief?" the sarcasm dripping off of every word.

"You've locked him out. He's forced to dwell in the shadows. Do you have any idea what it's like to live like that?" The bitterness in the animal's tone left Blair speechless. "Of course not! You've never had to live in the dark either have you? It's a cold, bitter place, Chief. At least in shadows it's warmer, but really it's worse. In the dark the cold freezes everything, but in the shadows the pain is almost unbearable."

"P-p-pain?" the young man tried to clear his head to get his mind to grasp what the spirit was saying. *Jim in pain. I caused it?* "What do I need to do to help?"

"Simple, Darwin. Let him in... let him in...." the spirit said as he faded.

Blair came with a shout and woke up from his dream at the same time. Panting, confused, he tried to shake off the dream. *It was just a dream. Right?* Getting up he headed for the shower and figured he would think it through.

Gathering his things he walked out of his room, but paused at the staircase. Maybe he should check on Jim. He told himself it was only to make sure he hadn't woken the sentinel with his erotic dreams, but truth was he was worried about him.

Mind made up, Blair quietly tiptoed up the stairs to Jim's room. Where he found a very wide awake Jim. *shit*

"Did I wake you?" Blair asked softly.

"No, Chief, I've been up a while. Couldn't sleep ."

Worry grew in Blair, "Want to talk about it?"

"No." Jim said sadly.

*Let him in.* a voice whispered in Blair's head. "Jim? You know you can tell me anything. I won't push, but when you're ready..." Blair placed a hand on the sentinel's shoulder wondering to himself when he had moved to stand beside the man.

*Its a cold dark place.* the voice whispered.

Jim felt like ice. "Man, you're cold."

A cold laugh erupted from the older man. "Caro, used to say that too."

Hesitating, Blair stood by his friend and for the first time since he'd been in the room took a good look at Jim's face. It was full of pain. Not thinking, Blair did something he just knew he was going to get his ass kicked for. He kissed Jim. Only thing was, Jim didn't wipe the floor with him, Jim kissed back.

*Jim was pulling him into the bed not shoving him away. * Blair's mind whooped and did a happy jig.

Jim was taking hold of him and from the wonderful feel of things he wasn't about to let go. The sentinel trailed hot kisses down his neck and nipped at his shoulder. Vaguely Blair made note that they were both naked now, but didn't have time to figure out when that had happened. From there his mind was trying to keep up with his body, because what was happening was now a blur.

Legs tangled, hands roaming, desperate languages with no meaning, and suddenly filling Jim's body. Blair's mind came to a halt. *HOT. TIGHT. JIM.* That was his last coherent thought before their bodies fell into a rhythm as old as time.

Fast. Slow. Fast. Fast. Slow. Pumping in and out of the other man's body, Blair buried himself deeper with every thrust. Jim withered beneath him, arching his back, thrashing his head. The guardian wrapped his legs around the younger man's body. Sweat soaking them making skin glide against skin.

Blair stilled Jim's head in his hands and burrowed his face in the curve of his neck. Jim tightened his anal muscles around Blair's throbbing cock when the young man bit into his shoulder.

Claiming. Possessing. Mating.

Jim cried out. "BLAIR!"

Blair was so close to the edge that his name from his lover's lips is all that was needed to push him over. "JIM!" Oblivion reached out and snatched him and he fell, but he wasn't alone.

~~~~~~~~

Jim woke sometime later, his arms and legs still wrapped around his guide. He watched the other man sleep peacefully.

"You're welcome." a voice called from the shadows.

Chuckling, Jim eyed the corner. "Thanks," a wicked smile on his face.

The jaguar walked out into the moonlight and looked at the human, a bit of a smile gracing his own lips. From the other corner of the room a figure moved within the shadows. Both man and spirit turned to see a wolf stepping out of its hiding place. The wolf joined his fellow spirit guide and nuzzled him. Winking at the human both animals faded into the night.

"So, when where you going to tell me you where a dream walker?" Blair asked softly, his eyes never opening.

*Uh oh. Busted!*

```````````
The End.
Brandi a.k.a. Panther