Title: With my love

By: Paula C.

Fandom: the Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG

Crit: yes

Archive: yes

E-mail: bbi_tommyboy@yahoo.com

Series: no

Other websites: www.tommyboyff.com

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters; I just use them in my writing. Please don't sue me I'm just a simple person who's imagination won't stop.

summary: Blair has been hurt in a hostage situation. Snippet

Warnings: h/c


With My Love
By: Paula C
** ** ** **


Jim loosely held his guide to him in his bed. The connection he had with this young man was a mystery to him yet it was there on so many levels. The level at present was that of protector.

Blair, his guide, was hurt. Not on his own initiative, he did that quite often enough, but this had been an attack.

Earlier that evening, Jim had settled Blair in his bed in the loft. Blair was on painkillers to say anything different. Jim doubted that the kid would remember the last thirty-six hours, his time in the hospital after being found in the cold, damp warehouse. Diagnosed with a concussion, broken ribs, deep bruises, cuts and sprang and perhaps worse of all in Jim's book, raped. Jim was ecstatic when they found Blair alive and now he was going to nurse him back.

Settling Blair on his back, propping his left leg with pillows for his knee. Blair had taken severe beating and was hurting. Sitting on the edge of the bed as Blair slept, Jim shook his head, remembering the past few days, the fear of not finding Blair being his worst nightmare.

Finding the perp that did this to him took six long days. To find a trail and have it end in a dead end more than once made Jim hostile. His co-workers tried to help him but knew that the only answer was to find Blair. Six days, it took to find the warehouse where Blair had been left, chained and naked.

The six days had eroded Blair. Over the two years of being together, Blair had discovered that he and Jim had a connection that no other Sentinel and Guide had documented. Blair was so in tuned to his Sentinel, that to be away from him caused him to have is own problems. It was known around the bullpen that Blair was great with victims of cases and to find the sweat spot in a situation. What it was that gave him this gift was his personality to empathize. Over time, Blair's needs to be grounded were growing apparent. The Sentinel's need fed him the stability for himself, to keep other's emotions from crashing in on him. Over the two years, they came to be separated no longer than a few days. Jim had to bring the grad
student with him when he was sent to a convention that would be a week in length just to ensure Blair would be okay.

Easing the stray curl form Blair's face, Jim looked at his Guide. His features should be angel like, yet they showed that he was in pain, at moments his eyes flittered. Jim did not know what his friend had endured, time would reveal them. He only wished at this moment that his guide would be able to relax and heal.

Lying down next to his friend Jim wanted to protect him. "Chief," he whispered, "you're home where you belong." He laid his head down on Blair's shoulder. He let his hand settle over Blair's heart.

Jim closed his eyes, he needed rest now to help Blair when he woke.

** ** **

Blair tried to coax the pain from his mind. He wanted to sleep. But the aches and pains kept at him, reminding him that he had been abused. With a low moan, he tried to move but found it hurt to much to do so.

Jim woke when he heard Blair's heartbeat move from it's steady sleeping rhythm. He rose to find the pain medication and glass of water.

Blair opened his eyes and found himself staring up into the sky through the skylight. Jim returned to the top of the stairs and Blair looked over at him. He returned to looking up at the sky.

"Blair?" Jim asked quietly. What discerned him the most was Blair being quiet. He hadn't said much on his own since he had found him in the warehouse.

"Just dealing with it." He took in a breath, hitching with the pain from his ribs. "Just dealing with what I'm feeling, thinking."

Jim sat on the edge of the bed. "I have you meds here. Imagine you're feeling your whole body at the moment."

Blair nodded. Jim helped him sit up and take the pills and water. "Thanks," Blair commented as Jim eased him back down on the bed.

Jim took Blair's hand in his and held it. "I'm sorry it took so long to find you. He gave a lot of trails."

"I know. He gloated about how he led you to dead ends. It was his way of taunting me." Jim laid down again next to Blair, touching all he can without drawing pain from his partner. "How's your head?"

"Getting better. For awhile I couldn't tell what hurt the most, the bump on my head or the separation. It's scary to know we are linked so close."

Jim kissed Blair's cheek. Tasting, reminding him. Glad he was home. "Close your eyes. Just remember that I'm here, holding you, guarding you."

Blair smiled. He needed to be held, the feeling he was safe. "Home," he muttered, closing his eyes. "With my love."

"With my love." Jim repeated.


END