Title: Under the Bed Monsters (for lack of better title)

Author: Angela

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG

Challenge: 5 minute/longer Monsters under the bed challenge thingy

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address:
ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: They aren’t mine. Petfly and UPN own them

Summary: A look at Jim and Blair’s relationship through Jim’s eyes

Warnings: none that I know of

Notes: I know this took longer than 5 minutes but The View, Law & Order (a Chris Noth ep) and lunch came along. Oh, and if Patt has used this title I’m sorry for using it. I didn’t have another idea for a title.

 

Under the Bed Monsters
by Angela

"To get rid of those monsters under your bed you need…"

"Hey, Jim. I need that."

Blair Sandburg was pointing at a commercial for under the bed monsters spray. He turned to look expectantly at his buff Sentinel. Jim just shook his head and gave a small smile to the bouncing Guide standing in front of the television.

"Why, Chief, you sleep with me and I haven’t seen any monsters under the bed we share."

"Just to be on the safe side."

Jim just looked at the young man and didn’t say anymore. He didn’t want to walk into the Sandburg zone. The guide paced towards the ever-present Sentinel. Blair glared at the older man which of course didn’t work.

"Jim, you know what happened the last time."

"No, Sandburg, remind me."

At that Jim remembered that he had to be in the station. Holding up his hand he quickly stopped any further conversation with lover and walked quickly towards the door. Blair followed his Sentinel and gave him a good-bye kiss and waved the older man out of the loft. The young professor knew that he had been stopped from his mission with the departure of his lover but now
that the man was gone Blair was on the way of ridding the loft of the monsters under the bed.

The loft that night looked like a tornado had hit it. Jim looked around and wondered if he was in the right apartment. The Sentinel didn’t immediately see the cause of all the chaos and opened up his senses to find his young lover. He found him upstairs. The detective walked up the stairs leading to the bedroom that he shared with Blair. When he got there, he saw the younger man huddled under the comforter. The big man swiped at the covers and the huddled form moved only slightly.

"Chief, love, what went on here."

A whimper was the only thing that the big detective got from the direction of the bed. Jim uncovered the huddled mass and went to hug his guide. The guide moved away from Jim’s arms which made the man frown. His lover had never moved away from him like that before. Poor Blair, something must have happened. Trying again, Ellison reached for his lover with little success. But the detective kept trying until Blair realized that it was only the older man and not any monster.

"Blair, baby, what’s wrong. Something happen."

"I tried, Jim, I tried." The anthropologist sobbed.

Jim looked at the young professor had grown a second head. What could he have tried that would have put him in a state of panic. Before Jim got an explanation out of Blair, he soothed the young man. Jim just rocked until the sobs quieted and he could start asking questions again.

"Now, tell me what happened."

"I tied to get rid of the under the bed monsters."

"What?!"

"You heard me."

"Oh, Blair."

Jim just smiled into the curly head and tried not to laugh at the young man as he imagined what had happened during his absence. Ellison shook his head comforted the man in his arms more. He couldn’t take it any longer and laughed out loud at the images he was getting in his head. At that Blair tried to leave the safety of his Sentinel’s arms. Blair felt embarrassed about his fear of the under the bed monsters. He felt like it was a real thing and now his lover was just laughing at him. Blair was not a happy camper.

"Don’t laugh."

"I’m sorry, baby. But it is funny."

"No its not, Jim." Blair sniffled.

When Blair started to sniffle again Jim tapped down the laughter and pulled his young lover back in his arms. Jim felt ashamed of himself. He shouldn’t be laughing at Blair. The guilt overwhelmed the Sentinel and he just held Blair tighter and wouldn’t let go.

"Jim."

"mmmm."

"Do you wanna know."

Jim smiled and nodded his head at Blair. So Blair told his story. It all started with the commercial and Jim not believing in the under the bed monsters. Blair just had to make the loft safe from the monsters. So the young anthropologist went out and bought the under the bed monsters product. He thought it had worked and the only thing that he got rid of was his and Jim’s spirit animals who had come for a little visit to their favorite humans. Instead of that visit, the animals got sprayed with the products which ensued a chase, broke dishes, things being thrown at supposed monsters, guides being sprayed again, a whacked out Guide (the fumes were making him high) and a Guide being chased up the stairs by two angry spirit guides. Blair hadn’t gotten rid of the under the bed monsters that he thought were in the loft. Which there weren’t any by Jim’s estimation. But the Sentinel didn’t tell his Guide this. He just listened to the tale and tried not to laugh at the young man again. At least his lover was safe and Blair hadn’t gone off driving while in his state of highness and panic. Panicked and high guides were not a good thing. Especially if Sentinels had to go looking for said guides when they were supposed to be at home taking off for the day.

"So what happened when you got up here."

"Who knows. You must have scared everyone off."

Jim quirked his eyebrow at Blair and looked around the chaotic loft and chuckled just a little. When Blair saw that his Sentinel was not angry, the young man had to laugh at himself. He was being ridiculous about the under the bed monsters. Jim was right, though, there were no monsters at all.

Did Sentinel and Guide live happily ever after?

They did have hot make up sex that night. And the guides. Well, it will be awhile before they come a visiting again.

The end.