Title: Friday Night Poker

Author: Belynda

Email addy: belindat@ihug.co.nz

Fandom: Highlander/Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair, Richie/Alex

Rating: R

Archiving: Ask and I wont turn you down. Just tell me where it ends up.

Series: Traveling Highlander

Feedback: I love it, need it, crave it. belindat@ihug.co.nz is the place to send it.

Website: http://slasharchive.simplenet.com/belynda.htm

Disclaimer: Sigh, okay they don't belong to me. I play with them, let them do their thing, and give them back at the end of the day.

Summary: Simon learns the truth. He and Duncan MacLoed become closer.

 

Friday Night Poker

by Belynda

Simon quietly replaced the receiver down. Despair was slowly seeping in, robbing him of his previously good humor. He hadn't meant to ask the million-dollar question. In fact he had made the decision to let things lie. But hearing her voice had brought back memories of those times he had cherished. Times that were sacred. And then he couldn't hold back the words. The accusation.

"Is Daryl my son?" He had asked, stopping her from telling him why he had to have Daryl over this weekend, even though it wasn't his turn.

A long silence stood between them. "How did you find out?" She finally said. No "Yes of course he is," or "What are you talking about?" No denial. That had taken the wind out of his sails and just left him with this deep pain.

A friendly hand came to rest on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Looking into Duncan's concerned face, Simon smiled. "No. But there is nothing I can do about it. Joan's confirmed that I'm not Daryl's father. She didn't try to make excuses for the fact she had obviously slept with someone else while we were married, and the fact that Daryl wasn't my son." Wearily he rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "I'm just so tired of it all."

Stepping forward, Duncan folded the taller man into his arms. Simon resisted in surprise of first, then gave into the comfort being offered. Silently, they stood there with their arms rapped around the other, with Simon's head resting on Duncan's shoulder. The older immortal rubbed Simon's back, and up to his neck. Duncan knew that the other man had twisted himself up into knots ever since he had been told that immortals couldn't have children. Hopefully now, Simon could move on and just be grateful that Joan wasn't going to stop Simon from seeing Daryl.

Relaxing further into the embrace, Duncan thought how lucky he was to met Simon again after all these years and be welcomed back as a friend. They still hadn't told their friends that they knew each other from almost twenty years ago. Or about how close they had been back then. But they had slipped back into a friendship that surprised them both at the ease of which they found they could still talk to each other.

There was still the odd secret that they had kept to them selves but they now considered the other a good friend. And if they had feelings that went further than friendship, neither one said.

Sighing, Simon pulled slightly away. "Thanks Mac. I didn't realize that I needed that."

"That's what I'm here for. Whenever you need a hug, you can come to me." Duncan grinned.

Duncan's grin was contagious and Simon found himself grinning back. "I might take you up on that offer." His grin slipped. "Daryl will be staying over this weekend. Do you think that you could stay? I would like it if you two could meet. And it would be good for Daryl to see that I do have friends outside of the police."

"Whatever you need, I'm here for you. And I would like to see what your son is like. You must remember, he is still your son."

"He will always be my son and I won't treat him any differently. It's Joan I'm more mad about. In the later years of our marriage, I knew she was having affairs. But never so early in our marriage. I love her for Daryl, but not for what she did during our marriage."

"Don't blame yourself Simon. I'm sure that you were a wonderful father and husband. As well as a good friend and boss. You can't lay the problems that Joan had at your door."

"Lets not talk about Joan. Will you stay the weekend with me and Daryl?"

"Yes of course. Anything for you Simon. You know that." Duncan said, as he smoothed the frown from Simons' forehead with his thumb. "And stop frowning. You'll look old before your time."

"I'm immortal remember. I don't age any more."

"How could I forget? I would love to spend the weekend with you and Daryl. Richie has been hounding me to learn more about the younger generation." Duncan smirked, pleased that he had gotten his friend's mind off Joan. On impulse he leaned forward and pressed a kiss on Simon's lips.

Simon was watching him with an unreadable expression on his face. Then his eyes darkened and he and pressed his lips to Duncan's. Both men stood still within the embrace, letting the feel of each others lips sink in. Then Duncan groaned and parted his lips, wanting, seeking more. He was more the obligated when Simon willingly provided it. He distantly felt Simon pulling off his hair band and sinking his fingers into the now free hair.

Groaning, Duncan opened his lips wider and accepted Simon's bold tongue. Stroking past his lips to claim his own tongue in a hot duel of passion. It was then that Duncan let the last of his resistance go. He wanted this, he wanted Simon now. Just as he had all those years ago. But this simple kiss was so much more than the longer remembered one. And he would have been glad if he wasn't trying to stay upright as it was.

Finally his knees buckled under the intense lovemaking his mouth was receiving. Luckily Simon followed, and they landed with a small grunt on the couch, Simon lying on top of Duncan.

Again and again, Simon brought Duncan's almost to the edge of passion, but then calmed down on his kisses, only to inflame the longhaired man again with a stroke of his tongue.

Duncan had never been this close to coming just from a kiss. An earth shattering, mind exploding, live changing kiss. In the years since Duncan had last kiss Simon, someone had taught him how to really kiss a lover. Panting, Duncan arched up into the heavier body of his soon to be lover. He groaned as his straining erection throbbed and rubbed against Simon's hips.

Simon was no less as aroused as Duncan was. His memories of Duncan's long ago kisses, didn't even compare with what he was experiencing now. Releasing a handful of Duncan's hair, his hand swept down Duncan's side and reaching around, grabbed his beautiful ass and brought Duncan's hips flush with his. At the first touch of their erections rubbing against one another's, both men moaned with passion and arched closer to the other.

Unfortunately, the both felt the buzz of immortals intruding in on their moment. Groaning, Simon pulled away from Duncan's lips and rested his head on his shoulder. "This is not happening."

"Us or them?" Duncan whispered huskily, still overcome with passion.

Jerking his head up Simon gave Duncan look which told him who he meant. "I was a fool all those years ago to give you up. My feelings never stop just because Joan told me she was pregnant. But at the time I had to honor her and my child. What I wanted most didn't come into equation. I regretted each day that I had hurt you. My feelings for you never changed. Never." Seeing the hesitation in Duncan's eyes to believe him, he pressed a tender kiss to Duncan's lips then rose off the couch. As a knock sounded on the front door of his house, Simon took another look at his soon to be lover.

Lying along the couch, with his hair spread across a pillow, lips moist and puffy, his eyes hungrily looking Simon up and down, he was the sexiest thing Simon had ever seen and he didn't want to leave the temptation. But another knock sounded, and with a sigh he turned away, hearing Duncan's husky laugh as he walked away.

Opening the door, he wasn't surprised to see Alex and Richie standing there, with Jim and Blair walking up the footpath with Daryl in tow. "Daryl? What are you doing here? Joan only rang me just twenty minutes ago telling me you were coming this weekend. She didn't say you were on your way."

"Well, I'm here now. And look who I found pulling up. Jim and Blair. Are you having a poker night?" Daryl asked.

"I forget all about that. Yes we are. I'll even you let you play."

"Cool. Can I have a beer?" He asked hopefully.

"No!" Simon and Jim shouted. Blair just looked on with a smile, used to Daryl question and even more used to his friends reaction.

"I can cope. So, dad, who are your friends?" Daryl asked indicating Alex and Richie.

"This is Alex Smith and Richie Ryan. Alex, Richie, this is my son Daryl. Daryl will be staying with me this weekend."

After Simon had shut the front door, they all entered the family room. Luckily Duncan was no longer lying on the couch. Instead he had moved over to another chair and had pulled his hair back into a ponytail. He rose from his seat when he saw Daryl.

After Simon introduced them, Daryl took his bags upstairs to his room. Duncan shared a look with Simon, promising to continue their "discussion" later in that look. "So that's Daryl. You are a lucky man. He's well mannered and polite. A rare event these days. Handsome too."

"He gets it all from me." Simon said proudly, grinning.

"So Simon, have you managed to talk to Joan yet?" Blair asked.

"Yes. And yes, she didn't deny the truth. But I'm not going to let that get me down this weekend. We are going to play poker, and enjoy ourselves. And Daryl is here. Every thing is perfect." Simon said, sharing a long look with Duncan that didn't go unmissed by the others. Nor did they miss Duncan's returned look. Damn, it was getting hot in here.

Daryl returned to the family room and everyone helped to set up the poker game, and food.

Taking a long drink of his cola, Daryl eyed his fathers friends. Alex, Asian with blue hair this week, earrings and a gold necklace around his throat was the most eye catching. Richie, with red hair and also an earring, he was the one with the wackiest humor. Jim and Blair sitting next to each other, almost in the others lap. And Duncan. With his soft accent and ready smile, Daryl knew that he was a loyal friend.

But watching them he realized one thing. Blair and Jim were paired up, and Alex and Richie were paired up. So who was Duncan paired up with? He knew his father wasn't seeing anyone, Simon was always up front with him if he was seeing anyone. He puzzled over situation for a moment. What he didn't understand was why Duncan and Simon were friends. From what he had worked out, Duncan was friends with Alex and Richie. And Alex was friends with Blair. But how did Simon and Duncan become friends? Obviously they had meet through Jim and Blair. But what had made his father and Duncan become friends?

Still puzzling, he watched as his dad patted Duncan on the back when he won the pot. Duncan turned and smiled at Simon as he joked about his good fortune. Then their eyes meet as they smiled at one another. An awareness passed across their faces, and Simon let his hand slowly fall from Duncan's shoulder before he turned back to his hand.

What did that look mean? It meant something, but he didn't have a clue as to what it was.

Until he looked at Alex and Richie and saw them sharing the same look. His cola went the wrong way as he realized what that look meant. Duncan and his Dad where falling in love! Excusing himself from Blair's well intentioned patting on the back as he got his breath back, he left the table and made his way out side to get some fresh air. He needed time to think.

Everyone watched as Daryl left the room. Something had made startled him enough to make him choke on his drink. Blair looked at Simon and noticed how Simon was almost pressed against Duncan's side. Kind of like he and Jim were and how Alex and Richie were. "Oh shit. Simon, how long have you and Duncan been lovers?"

Silence descended quickly over the table as the each member took in what Blair had said. Simon blushed beet red besides a equally red Duncan. "What are you talking about Blair?"

"Well look man, if you don't want to tell us, that's fine. But have you told Daryl yet? Cause I think he just guessed."

"Guessed what? That Duncan and I are lovers? Well we're not. . . . At least not yet." Simon admitted under the loving eyes of Duncan. "How could you tell that we were though? And how did Daryl?"

"Well it obvious man. You are sitting close to Duncan, and I saw you share the look. It can only mean one thing man."

"What look?" Duncan asked.

"The "I want to kiss you" look. I saw you and Duncan share it. So did Daryl. He's a smart kid. He put two and two together and came up with four. I take it that you hadn't told him yet?"

"There was nothing to tell. We only realized our feelings today. Great, this is just great."

"Ah, Simon. Hadn't you better go and check on Daryl?" Jim reminded.

"Yeah. Play another game without me." With that he left to go and find his son.

 

END PART 7

To be continued.