Title: Tonight's the Night

Author: Gurl84

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: NC-17

Series: The Sentinel

Disclaimer: Not Mine

Notes: Based on the episode Blind Man's Bluff. A different approach though

 

Tonight's The Night

By Gurl84

Ok, I was shocked, but I can’t imagine what Jim is going through. He’s blind because of the drug golden. All he did was sniff the sample we got today at the track, and poof! He’s blind! Damn, I was planning to have a spectacular evening with him. Candlelight dinner, Jim for dessert…… I wonder if he would be up to it now? I admit, I haven’t told him I’m madly, deeply, truly, in love with him. But tonight was the night. Maybe I can still try. Who Knows…

Blair led Jim up the steps towards their apartment door. He had become Jim’s sight since he lost it earlier that day.

"I never realized we had so many steps to climb."

"It just feels like more since you can’t see."

"Maybe."

Blair opened the door and led Jim in by the arm. He sat Jim on the couch and went into the kitchen.

"Do you want me to get you something? Food? Drink?"

"Just a beer."

"Coming right up."

"Blair, what if I never see again?"

Blair stopped mid step and looked in Jim’s direction. He grabbed two beers and went into the living room. When he sat across from Jim, he realized that he had never seen Jim this upset. He looked like he was on the brink of tears.

"Hey, don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll heal and be as good as new, special senses and all."

"Thanks Blair."

"Anything for you man. Want to watc—I mean you want to listen to some music or something?"

"No I’m going to lie down for a moment."

Jim got up and tried to walk around the couch, but Blair had to help him get to his room. Jim was thoroughly embarrassed, but tried to hide it. Blair on the other hand was having an emotional storm on the inside. He couldn’t stand to be so close, yet so far from Jim. He wanted so badly to tell Jim how he felt about him, but it wasn’t the right time considering how upset he was over being blind. He had to get out and think.

"I have to go out."

***************

Jim woke up to good kitchen smells and noises. He was sitting up when he remembered he was blind. I can do this. For goodness’ sake, it’s my apartment. He mapped out the flat in his mind. Imagining it as his memory recalled, he maneuvered his way to the kitchen.

"Ah, you’re awake! And doing much better I see."

"Yeah, what is that? Let me guess… Pasta Primavera?"

"Uh huh, and some Italian bread. I wanted to cheer you up, plus the fact that I was hungry."

"Thanks Chief. I’m starving!"

Five minutes later, they were sitting at a candlelit dinner, laughing between mouthfuls at old stories. Blair was soaking in Jim’s presence. He studied his face, wanting to reach out and touch those beautiful lips, to stroke Jim’s dark hair, and other naughty little things that would give Jim a heart attack.

***********

Ok. What am I’m doing? I can’t believe I’m still trying to get in his pants. Well now I really am having the candlelit dinner. If only I could get him in the right mood, then I could make my move. Oh, (snickers in his brain) and when I do, heh heh………

Blair cleared the table while Jim went and sat on the couch.

"Actually this no sight thing has it’s benefits."

"What?"

"I don’t have to do all my regular chores, seeing as how I wouldn’t be able to tell if the dishes were clean or not."

"Well soak it in now because it’s back to normal once you get your sight back."

Blair came in and sat down beside Jim, facing him.

"Damn, I can’t even watch TV. Maybe Loveline’s on the radio."

Blair reached for the radio remote.

"Let’s see."

He turned it on, and Adam Corolla was just starting with a call. The caller was gay and wanted to tell his best friend that he had feelings for him. Blair started to shift in his chair as he realized his situation was being discussed.

"Blair, what are you doing?"

"Huh? What, I’m listening to the radio with you. Why?"

"It sounds like you’re moving around or something. Is something wrong? I thought you liked this show?"

"Yeah, I like this show. I don’t know, I’m just not really into listening to it tonight."

"Oh. You could put a cd on if you want."

"Well what would you like? Remember, I just got that new jazz cd?"

"Sounds good to me. Put it on."

Blair turned it on and went in the kitchen.

"Want some white zinfandel? I picked up a bottle on my way home."

"I guess so. Maybe I’m a better wine taster when blind."

***************

Timeout. Folks, I’ve got the wine and the jazz. The setting is just right. What more could someone ask for? Oh yeah, you KNOW what my next move is going to be. Well at least trying to be…

**************

Blair sat down and handed Jim his glass. Since Jim couldn’t see that he was holding out his glass to him, Blair had to take his hand and put the glass in it.

"Chief?"

"Yeah…"

"You can let go of my hand now."

"Oh…. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I…."

"Are you ok? Is something bothering you?"

Blair realized this was the moment. He could either seize it or wait until another came along maybe days, months, or years away…

"NNo, I’m just kinda off today."

Of course he let the moment go, but fate wouldn’t let him get away that easily…

"Look, if you want to tell me something, now is a good moment. What more could happen, I’m blind for goodness sake?"

"You really want to know?"

"Yeah I want to know. I’m your best friend."

Blair sighed.

"I…I…I love you."

"I love you too man. That’s why we’re best friends, right?"

" No, I mean, I love you as more than a friend. I’m truly, madly, deeply, in love with you Jim."

**********

Guess what happens? I mean of all the times the stupid cd could have skipped, it constantly skips now when I’m professing my love to the man in my dreams. Of course I jump up to cut it off, also ruining the moment, and breaking my favourite vase in the process. Dammit, why did I have to be the clumsy one?

*************

"Shit. That was my favourite vase."

"Blair?"

"I’m such an ass. Look how I ruined this one perfect moment…. (Cursing himself)

"You love me? How long have you felt like this?"

Blair stopped his ranting, and looked at Jim letting what he said soak in.

(People, can you believe this? I might have a chance!)

"I’ve loved you ever since I became your guide. I don’t know, it was like it hit me like a wall, but I didn’t want to say anything, considering how you might react."

Silence. Blair stared at Jim, waiting for him to explode at him. But Jim looked like he was deep in thought.

"Blair,"

"Yeah Jim?"

"I’ve loved you since you became my guide."

"What??"

"I figured you were a ladies man, so I didn’t want to risk our friendship over my feelings that I thought only I had."

*************

YYYYYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! HE LOVES ME!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE’S MINE, ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************

"You love me?"

Blair almost ran to the couch, and before Jim could say anything, he was kissing him until they have to pull back for air.

"Whoa chief, let me breathe."

"I can’t believe this! Strange that we both felt the same at the same time. Maybe since I’m your guide, it caused our feelings to become overpowering and…"

"Blair."

"…I’ve got to research this. What if all Sentinels and guides are supposed to be together? This is so cool…."

"Blair."

"…I mean, I finally have that burden lifted off of my chest and to think that you feel the same…."

"BLAIR!"

"Huh?"

"I’m ready to stop talking, and head upstairs to my room, ok? Now if you are through theorizing, I’d like you to join me. OK?"

Jim got up and proceeded in the direction of the stairs. Blair started grinning and followed behind him with his hands on Jim’s waist. They carefully went up the steps, considering someone couldn’t see. Blair literally threw Jim on the bed when they were close enough and jumped on top of him. He ran his hands all over him, and at the same time, took off his and Jim’s clothes. Once they were both naked, Blair sat back and reveled in the sight of Jim naked.

"Chief, I’m new to this type of sex, ya know, so take it easy on me, ok?"

Blair shushed him, and began to kiss him lightly leaving a trail on his forehead, over his nose to his mouth, where they kissed each other hungrily.

"Just leave everything to me."

He began making another trail down Jim’s neck, towards Jim Jr. stopping along the way to suck on his little nubs. Jim moaned and slightly bucked his hips. Blair saw what was waiting for him and continued his trail. When he reached Jim’s erection, he lightly blew on the head, watching Jim to buck even more. Once his hips calmed, he licked around the head and lightly pumped his shaft with his hand.

"Blair, Please…"

It was just what Blair wanted to hear. He swallowed Jim’s cock. Jim grabbed Blair’s head and fucked his mouth. When Blair penetrated him with two fingers and nudged his prostrate, Jim was beyond all comprehension. He came yelling Blair’s name, squirting his liquid down Blair’s throat. Blair greedily accepted the offering, and licked him clean. Blair snuggled up beside Jim, happy to finally be able to touch him any where he liked, whenever. Jim could feel Blair’s erection against his leg.

"I don’t know much…"

Jim took Blair’s erection in his hand.

"But this should help."

He began to pump Blair’s erection and suck on his neck. It was enough to drive Blair over the edge.

***********

They awoke next morning from good dreams. Blair still was quite shocked, and constantly talked about the Sentinel/Guide connection that was evident in their attraction. Jim could see that this would be the only thing discussed, so he tried to get ready for work as quickly as possible. They were almost late when they got sidetracked in the shower (you knew I couldn’t let Jim shower alone, heh heh), but eventually made it to work. Jim literally ran into Simon’s office before Blair could see him.

"Hi Jim. You just made it on time today, eh?"

"Simon, I need your help. Blair has been constantly talking about something he’s been working on. Can we go do some field work for a little while? I have to get away."

"Sure. I need to check out this lead on Golden, and I know how Sandburg can get."

"Thanks. I don’t think he’s gotten to his desk, so let’s go."

 

=30=