This Morning

Patt

Sentinel

Rating: R

Pairing: J/B

Summary: Blair is having a problem and doesn't know what to do. Jim is having one too, and is going to figure it out.

Disclaimer: The boys don't belong to me. Drats! I'll put them back when I'm done using them. (I'm a big fat liar.)

Feedback address:
PattRose1@aol.com

Challenges by Peja:
http://patt_rose0.tripod.com/dreamingofsentinels/id21.html

Note: Peja has her own page. I WOKE UP IN LOVE THIS MORNING CHALLENGE

Beta: Mary is on vacation.

Warning: This is so odd. I've never written one like it and just wanted to warn you. As you were!


This Morning
by Patt

Jim woke up from a hot and steamy dream and realized that what he thought was a tight friendship had changed into something deeper... Love.

He wiped the sweat from his brow and wondered what he was going to do now. When had this happened? Last week when they played basketball, they had been just friends. So it wasn't last week.

This was Friday, so now he would have to figure out when he fell in love with Blair.

Sunday: They had gone to the barbecue at the park from the precinct. He and Blair were both fine that day. He wasn't in love with him that day. His partner had made everyone laugh their asses off all day long. It was a wonderful day. Yes, they were just friends.

Monday: While they worked, there was nothing that he had noticed. At lunch, Rafe and Brown owed them one, so they all went for Mexican. Brown and Blair sang and danced to the Mexican music. He and Rafe were laughing. Reminding Jim of Sunday and how much fun he had had with his partner. When they got back to the station, they went out on a call. It was messy. Blair, Brown and Rafe were fine, but he had gotten shot in the shoulder. The men had taken the bad guys out and called an ambulance for him. Blair kept holding his hand, telling him everything would be all right. He had known it was going to be all right already. When he had told Blair he was hurting his hand, holding it too hard, Blair pulled away from him and went outside. He had been forced to ask Rafe to go after him.

The next thing he knew he was waking up from surgery. His partner was nowhere to be found. He asked, but no one knew. He missed his partner. When he woke the next day Blair was sitting next to him with his clothing. The doctor said he could go home. He had asked Blair if something was wrong and he had said that everything was fine.

Blair drove them home without saying a word. Everything was not fucking fine. He would have to check on it in the next few days.

Tuesday: Jim wondered if everyone could spell boredom. He was going to be off duty for two weeks and he was already nuts after one day. He called the guys and asked them if they wanted to come over and play cards.

Everyone showed up and he remembered that he forgot to tell Blair. As all things, Blair took it in stride. He made up Chile and they all ate and then the cards were brought out. Blair excused himself from the table and said goodnight to all. They all mentioned that he was quiet all day at work. They also couldn't believe their luck in having the poker game to themselves. Blair was usually the winner.

He thought he heard something from Blair's room, but wasn't sure what it was. Instead of investigating, he went back to the game.

Wednesday: Why doesn't a person listen when the doctor tells them not to drink? Fuck... He felt like someone kicked the shit out of him. And unless it was Blair, it wasn't anyone. Today would be an easy day. He was going to be good.

When Blair arrived, he was still in bed. He checked on him and then went into his room. He heard the noise again. As he fell back to sleep, he wondered if he would ever figure it out.

Thursday: The sound is there. It was dark and the sound was making its way up to the loft bedroom. He listened and realized Blair was crying. Why would he be crying? Had he missed something major? They were going to have a long, long talk.

Blair worked very late and he was asleep when the young partner walked into his room. Sleep came slowly for Blair, but finally did come.

Friday: He woke up from a hot and steamy dream and realized that what he thought was a tight friendship had changed into something deeper... Love. He wanted to make love to his partner, like he had never thought about. His cock was rigid with want, need and desire. He began to stroke on his cock with his good arm and was getting into it, when he heard the soft sobs coming from below.

He pulled his boxers on and went downstairs. He didn't knock, just walked in and crawled onto the bed. Blair looked at him and went into his arms. Before long both men were crying and Jim had no idea why. He asked Blair to tell him why they were crying and why he was in love with him all of a sudden.

This seemed to make Blair cry harder. Blair began to tell him that he didn't get to Jim in time and that's why he was hurt. Blair kept telling Jim that he was sorry. Then Blair told him the reason he was crying was because he probably didn't love his partner.

Jim pulled him in closer and told the young man that he did love him. He loved him more than life itself.

The next thing that Blair said made Jim laugh. His beautiful roommate asked him if that boner was for him or someone else. Because if it was for him, Blair would find a good place to bury it.

Jim looked at him and said, "And who said love is dead?"

Nothing more was said for the day. The only noise was panting, kissing and moaning. Now this was their kind of noise.


End: This Morning

I Woke Up In Love This Morning
Partridge Family

Last night, I turned out the light, lay down and thought about you
I thought about the way that it could be
Two o'clock...wondering what I'm doing here alone without you
So I closed my eyes and dream you here to me, and

CHORUS:
I woke up in love this morning
I woke up in love this morning
Went to sleep with you on my mind.
I woke up in love this morning
I woke up in love this morning
Went to sleep with you on my mind.

Hello girl, yes it's five o'clock, I know, but you just listen
There's something that I've got to let you know
This is you, this pillow that I'm huggin' and I'm kissin'
And one more thing before I let you go...

CHORUS

Do dreams come true, well if they do, I'll have you
Not just for a night, but for my whole life through!

END