TITLE: The Prize

AUTHOR: Stormwolf Dawn

FANDOM: The Sentinel/Highlander X-over

ARCHIVE?: Yes

WARNINGS: DEATH STORY!!! N/C rape

SPOILERS: Sentinel Too Parts 1 & 2

RATED: NC-17

SUMMARY: The Immortals have battled for the prize for centuries, but what is it really.

NOTES: Ignore the Highlander movies, they have no bearing on this story. Its an AU, I can do what I want. This takes place after Sentinel Too part 2, and is a Death Story, and we are talking permanent death, not Immortal dying then coming back. This is a weird idea, like all my ideas, and came to me after having the chat at Sentinelangst chat room the other night. Anyway
Feedback would be most appreciated wether public or private.

****************

The Prize
by Stormwolf Dawn

****************

Part 1: The Wolf

 

Jim Ellison looked over at his Guide and friend, Blair Sandburg, who sat beside him in the truck and once again thanked God that Blair was still alive. After the incident with Alex Barnes, and the fountain, along with the trip to Peru to find the crazed sentinel, Blair had been quiet and reticent.

Gone was the seemingly endless energy and bouncing that his friend has once displayed, the earrings that had adorned his left ear, and the once ever present nipple ring. Jim felt that he would freak out if Sandburg ever cut his hair, realising he missed the old Sandburg, and was having a hard time coping with the new one.

And who's fault is that? Jim subconscious asked him. Jim felt the guilt deeply. Guilt for pushing his guide away, for not telling him about the visions, and for allowing Alex Barnes to kill him.

"Hey Jim, you awake?" Blair asked realising the sentinel was staring at him.

"Yeah, I'm awake." Jim said and turned his attention back to the warehouse that they were supposed to be staking out.

Blair gave him a dubious look then returned to watching the warehouse himself.

"Well, well, well," Jim said. "Looks like Tolbert decided to show up."

"Yeah, but who's that with him?" Blair asked.

The suspect, Tolbert, was pulling up in his old blue Camero. Another car, a red Jeep Grand Cherokee pulled up and the man wearing a dark trenchcoat, with short dark hair stepped out of the vehicle. The two of them looked at each other, then entered the warehouse.

"Maybe we should call it in." Blair suggested.

"No point. Tolbert doesn't have a warrant on him. We only suspect he knows where Cross is. We bring in backup and will only scare Cross away. No, we wait and hope Cross shows up."

Jim's snitch, Sneaks, had said that Tolbert was supposed to be meeting Cross, but not where. Only that the meeting would take place in one of several locations that Tolbert planned to be at that night. All the places, Tolbert's club, home, the train yard, and the warehouse were staked out in the hopes that Cross would show up at one of those locations. If they got Cross, then Sneaks would definitely earn the new Air Jordans' that he wanted so badly.

Jim's cellphone rang. "Ellison."

"Jim we got him. Cross showed up at the club. Brown and Rafe are putting the handcuffs on him now. Unfortunately we don't have enough to bring in Tolbert, unless Cross gives him up. I already pulled the black and whites in so come on in. I'll give you a crack at Cross." Captain Banks said, Jim could hear the man smiling.

"Alright, Simon. We are on our way." He hung up the phone and turned to Blair. "Cross just showed up at the Club, and Rafe and Brown have him. This party's over."

Blair smiled, but Jim could tell it was only half hearted. He had been feeling really strange since Tolbert and the other man had shown up. A strange buzzing in his head. Weird.

Suddenly, blue streaks of lightening lit up the interior of the warehouse.

Cursing, Jim leaped out of the truck, drew his weapon and ran for the warehouse. Blair didn't even think as he followed Ellison.

Inside the warehouse, Jim watched in shock as the blue lightening seem to be absorbed by the tall, thin, dark haired man, and noticed that the energy was coming from Tolbert's headless corpse.

When the lightening stopped, Blair watched as the man fell to his knees. He waited for Jim to say something, then noticed that his sentinel was in a full zone-out.

The buzzing in his head increased, and confused the shaman so that he never heard the other man sneak up behind him until he felt the heavy weight against his head.

His last thought was that the buzzing was coming from two separate people.

Blair regained consciousness and groaned as the headache and the buzzing hit him full force. Rubbing his head, and squinting his eyes, Blair sat up and tried to take in his predicament. The first thing he noticed was Jim, laying on a cot, eyes staring at the ceiling in a full zone.

"Oh man, how long have you been zoned." Blair said to Jim knowing the sentinel couldn't hear him. Blair stood slowly wondering if his head was going to fall off, and went over to the cot. Using his guide voice and his hand rubbing slowly up and down Jim's arm, Blair brought Jim back into reality.

Jim blinked and looked over at Blair, confusion evident in his blue eyes. "What's going on, Chief?"

"You zoned because of the little light display, and someone hit me over the back of the head." Blair answered.

Jim's eyes narrowed at that...someone had hurt his guide.

Then Jim's ears caught the sound of footsteps and heartbeats coming closer.

The door to the small room with its two cots unlocked then opened to reveal the tall, dark haired man who had killed Tolbert.

If Jim hadn't been handcuffed to the cot, he would have stood and attacked because the man appeared unarmed.

"So your awake." The man said in an accent Jim couldn't identify. "Good. I apologize for the blow to your head, but you'll live." He chuckled a bit as if he had said something funny, but for the life of him, Jim didn't know what it was.

"Who are you?" Jim asked, "And why did you kill Tolbert."

"My name is Adam, and I killed Tolbert for two reasons. One, I detest dying, and two because he had it coming. Now, Mr. Sandburg, please come with me. We have a few things to discuss."

Blair shook his head, "No I am not leaving."

Adam sighed and turned his head to look behind him. He then stepped aside for another man to step up beside him.

The newcomer was big, with blonde hair and blue eyes. His face had a goatee, and his nose looked as if it had been broken a few times.

"Are you sure, Brutus?" Adam asked the blonde giant.

"Yes. And you would be to if you'd pay attention." Brutus said. "I might be a few decades younger than you, but I do know what I am talking about."

"Fine." Adam said, then turned to look at Blair. "Brutus says you are even though for some reason we can't sense you...at all."

"That's because of the presence of the sentinel." Brutus put in.

Blair's breath caught in his throat at the word, but managed to ask, "Am what?"

"Immortal, of course." Brutus answered smiling.

These guys are loons, Blair thought.

"And no we aren't crazy. We'll prove it." And with that Brutus withdrew a Roman shortsword from beneath his jacket, and shoved the blade deep into Blair's chest all in one quick movement. Jim screamed at the sight as Blair looked at Brutus in shock. His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and Blair Sandburg's heart stopped as did his lungs, and he died.

Jim fought his restraints crying out, cursing the men and threatening them.

*******************

When Blair opened his eyes, he stared at the ceiling in shock. I should be dead, he thought. But he wasn't. Instead he was laying on the cot, again. He turned his head to look over at the other cot.

Jim lay asleep on the cot. His right wrist, the one that had been cuffed, was swathed in white bandages, and the handcuff had been switched to Jim's left wrist.

Blair stood up and went over to the sentinel.

"He's alright. Brutus sedated him." Adam said and Blair looked over to were the man sat in a chair inside the room. "Seeing you stabbed with the sword made him go nuts. So, Blair, do you believe?"

Blair nodded unable to speak. He kneeled down beside the cot and reached out to stroke his friend's head with his hand. His eyes watched Ellison as the sentinel slept.

"Good. Brutus will be your Teacher. You should feel honored, he hasn't taken a student in over two thousand years."

"Two thousand years." Blair echoed.

"Well, give or take a few decades." Adam smiled.

"What about Jim?" Blair asked.

"Oh, he'll be staying with Brutus as well. After all, you are his Guide."

Blair said nothing as he continued to pet his sentinel while they waited for him to awaken. The word immortal kept going through his mind like a broken record, and with each litany repeated, Blair became more and more terrified.

Jim came awake slowly with Blair's voice bringing him to reality, and the feel of his guide's hand rubbing his chest. But Blair's dead Jim thought.

Opening his eyes, Jim looked into the bright blue eyes of his guide, and nearly zoned on the depth of them.

"Easy, big guy." Blair said, "Its alright, I'm alright."

"Your dead." Jim said hollowly.

"Well I was, but I am back now."

Jim just looked confused.

"Well, apparently I am immortal. When I died at the fountain I became immortal, and Blair proceeded to explain to him what Methos had explained to him earlier.

"So these guys have been going around for centuries just chopping each other's heads off. Why?" Jim said.

Methos walked in through the open door and lean against it, "For the prize."

"What prize?" Jim asked.

"No one has really ever know what the prize was. The last immortal would have all the power of all the immortals who have ever lived. That's pretty powerful. Its believed that they would rule the world after that, but no one was really sure."

"Why do I get the feeling that that's not the case any more."

"Actually, one immortal...or actually two immortals have known what the prize is. Myself, and Brutus. I was told by my teacher, who was told by his teacher. I told Brutus. My teacher's teacher was the first immortal ever born. He never did say how he knew, but it doesn't matter. They are both dead. Brutus was my student, and I told him. So far Brutus and I are the only ones that know."

"And that is..." Jim prompted. He was still a bit skeptical, but he did see Blair skewered with the sword, and now his guide was sitting there whole and healthy. It didn’t take genius to figure out something was up.

"Well, actually, the prize is two fold. It is true, the last immortal will rule until the end of time. He will gain all the power of the other immortals. Some immortals have special 'gifts' that come with their quickening which is what some would call their chi, their life energy. I knew of an immortal who could control dogs. Strange, but true. There's another one who can command people with her voice."

Blair had a question, "You said earlier that you couldn't tell. You never did explain that."

"All immortals can sense each other. That's what that buzzing in your head is. The presence of your sentinel is masking your presence from us. Its probably why you haven't been hassled by other immortals. However, since you haven't completed your bond, if your sentinel is to far away an immortal can sense you. Also once the bond is established then you range for sensing immortals should double perhaps even triple. Oh, and once your bonded your sentinel become immortal as well."

Jim and Blair looked at Methos, shock evident on their faces.

"Bbbut I though you had to die to be immortal."

"He won't be a regular immortal. He could be killed, but most wounds will heal quickly. He won't age, and other immortals will not be able to sense him. Plus he has no quickening. There's nothing to gain by killing him...."

Methos hesitated but then said, "And everything to lose."

"What do you mean?" Jim asked suddenly suspicious.

Methos looked over at Brutus who had entered halfway through the conversation. It was Brutus who answered.

"We've always known that the other part of the prize was not yet in existence and would not be until the time of the Gathering when the last of us would gather together fight until only one was left. The prize would be a part of one immortal and if properly bonded to the immortal would be a part of that immortal's quickening."

"Come again." Blair was confused.

"Your sentinel is the other half of the prize."

Jaws dropped in shock.

"Your joking right?" Blair asked, "This is a joke. A very bad one I might add."

"No joke. Its true. I recognized it right off when we couldn't sense you.

That was one of the signs we were to look for. No tall sentinels mask immortality."

"What does that mean exactly?" Jim asked.

Brutus looked at Jim, "It means that after Blair bonds you to his Quickening, then if he should be beheaded, then the bond would go with his Quickening to the winner."

"Meaning I would be bonded to the one who killed Blair. What if I kill him."

Jim said sounding serious. Blair knew he was deadly serious.

"Could you kill Blair?" Methos asked.

"Of course not!" Jim said affronted.

"Yet you could, right now. The only thing stopping you is that your not an evil person and that Blair is your friend. But after Blair bonds you to his Quickening, then that changes everything. Even if Blair came at you with a knife and cut you to ribbons you wouldn't be able to kill him, the bond wouldn't allow it. The same would be of any immortal who holds that bond. The same immortal who holds Blair's Quickening."

"Oh God, I think I am going to be sick." Blair whispered realising what was at stake.

"Also whoever killed Blair would learn from his Quickening that your part of the prize and they would be sure to keep you alive."

"Why am I so important. Of what use is it that no immortals can sense the winner if all the others are dead."

"Immortals can't have children. They can neither bear nor sire them.

Somehow, though, when all the Quickening are together in one immortal, then something changes. I don't understand it but this is how it works. If the immortal is female then she will be able to bear children sired by you. If the immortal is male then they can impregnate you. Either way, these children will not be immortal, but they will be longer lived, more healthy, and a superior race that will breed with normal humans until finally there is only one race of humans who will live longer, be stronger and resistant to diseases."

Jim finally realised what Methos had said, and suddenly began to laugh.

"Oh man this is joke right. Simon put you up to this. Your in on it to, eh Blair. Okay you got me Simon, you can come out now." Still he continued to laugh, until he realised Blair wasn't laughing.

"Oh my God. Oh god, this can't be happening." Blair whispered. Jim suddenly sobered.

"You can't be serious." Jim finally understood that they weren't joking.

Blair licked lips that had suddenly gone dry then asked in a soft tone, "How do I bond him to my Quickening?"

"Fuck that. How do we get out of here. I am not going to let this happen.

Fuck, I refuse this fucking honor. Release me, and let me get the fuck out of here!" Jim began to struggle with the handcuff. Blair quickly started speaking in a low tone to try and calm Jim down. Eventually, the rubbing of Blair's hand on Jim's chest and stomach, and the soothing voice calmed the sentinel.

"The only way to bond him to your Quickening is through sexual contact."

Blair swallowed nervously, "Is that the only way?"

Brutus nodded.

"I've never been, I mean, I don't know if I can let him...oh man...I don't know."

Methos understood the litany, "Blair it doesn't work like that."

"What do you mean?" Blair asked.

"You have to top him, not the other way around. Otherwise, it won't work."

"FUCK!!!!" Jim shouted.

Jim watched from his seated position on the edge of the large training mat as his guide and friend, Blair Sandburg, sparred with Methos. They were using wooden practice swords since Blair was still just learning, but Jim still watched each practice session intently on the alert for any danger to his guide.

It had been six days since Methos and Brutus had brought them to this lonely island with its large house set on Holy Ground. Methos had told his that this was an old indian burial ground. Jim had jokingly asked if they should watch out for poltergists. Methos hadn't thought that it was very funny.

Every day, Jim brought up the idea of leaving to Blair who would just answer by saying Jim could go if he wanted. Which Jim took as to say Blair was staying. Which meant Jim was staying, because he refused to leave his guide in the hands of two other immortals even if Holy Ground was safe.

When he asked if there was a phone so that he could call Simon, Brutus had told him that they did not have one. Jim knew Simon must be worried as hell for them, but Jim could not leave Blair even for an hour to go to the mainland and call their boss.

As for the prize thing, Jim was trying his best not to think about it. Every time he did, a sick feeling would develop in his gut, and it took all his willpower not to vomit. Pregnant; the word in itself made him sick. He was a man, he couldn't get pregnant. Yet men did not heal from a blade that had pierced a heart and lung, but there Blair was, whole and alive. Getting trounced by Methos.

Finally, Methos called a halt, and told Blair to cool down, and take a break. Blair went immediately over to a wide bench and picked up a clean white towel which he proceeded to use to mop sweat from his face.

Jim stood up and walked over to Blair.

Blair held up a hand, "No Jim, I don't want to talk about leaving. I am not going to leave until Brutus and Methos say that I am ready. You can leave if you want to."

"You know I am not. I can't believe your buying into this crap. So your immortal. So what. You don't need to learn to behead other immortals. Hell, your get bothered when I hand you a gun, how you ever going to use a sword to cut someone else's head off?"

"I know that I could do it Jim, if not doing so meant that I would damn you to a lifetime of slavery. Several lifetimes."

"That again. Look Blair, I'm really glad to know that you'll outlive me.

Hell as old as I am compared to you, I guess I've always known that was a possibility. But there is no way in hell that I want to live forever, and no way in hell that I am siring or bearing the next human race. So get it through your mind that we are not going to bond. Period."

Blair said nothing, instead he just mopped his face again with the towel and headed for the showers.

Jim knew he could take Blair's silence as acquiescence, but Jim knew Blair better than that. The quick paced heartbeat, the hitch in his breathing, the sweat, all of that told Jim that Blair did not agree. What in hell were those immortals telling Blair when Jim wasn't around. What kind of trash were they feeding him. Stop worrying about it. You just told Blair NO. He wouldn't...he couldn't... Jim was really starting to wonder if he knew his friend at all.

***********************

Blair took a long hot shower hoping to work out the soreness in his muscles.

He let the water fall down his face to mingle with the tears that fell freely. For one moment, Blair had seen something in Jim's eyes that had cut more deeply within than Brutus' sword. Terror. Stark terror. Blair had never seen such emotion in Jim's eyes. There had been times when Jim had been afraid, mostly for Blair, but seeing the naked terror in Jim's grey blue eyes had rattle Blair to the core. He really thinks that I would force him. Blair thought.

Before the incident at the warehouse, Blair and Jim had been slowly becoming intimate with each other. Even though Jim and Blair both had never felt even remotely interested in men before. Blair had done a bit of research and had come up with the theory that the sentinel/guide bond was sexual. They both felt it, but neither had done more than a few kisses and the occasional handjobs. They had hope to go slow and perhaps build up toward more intimacy, and eventually penetrative sex. Now with the threat before them, Blair couldn't see them continuing their current relationship, much less fucking anytime in the near future.

The water turned cold, and Blair turned it off. Stepping out, Blair grabbed another clean towel and started to dry off.

Jim came into the room, "Blair I'm sorr...." He stopped suddenly at the sight of a naked Blair.

Blair looked up and blushed when he saw Jim staring at him with frank appraisal, then blushed even deeper when he realised his cock was reacting.

Jim watched as Blair turned pink from embarrassment, and saw his guide's cock nestled in curly pubic hair begin to slowly fill. The sight of it was enough to make his own cock begin to swell.

Suddenly, Blair wrapped the towel around his waist, "You were saying?" He asked.

How can he be so calm, Jim thought. He himself was terrified. His cock had begun to react at the sight of Blair's cock filling, then suddenly everything they had talked about, bondings, immortality, pregnancy, had hit him like a ton of bricks, and the fear had deflated his cock.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I guess I hate knowing that your trying to learn to protect yourself, when I can't protect you."

"I'm doing this for you as much as for myself." Blair answered.

"Do you really think that sometime in the future I'll change my mind about this, or do you have something planned." Jim couldn't believe what he had just said.

Blair's jaw dropped in shock, "God. Have I changed so much that you would really think that I would rape you."

Jim shook his head, "No. Blair...Chief, I know that you wouldn't. This is just all so...so..."

"Scary?" Blair suggested.

"Weird."

"Jim, its up to you. Its your choice. I am not going to force you. But I need to learn, therefore I am staying. You can leave if you want."

"No one's leaving." Brutus said as he walked in. He tossed a newspaper on the bench. Jim saw that it was a Cascade Times. The front cover had a picture of himself and Blair. The headlines read: Cop of the Year and Police Observer Presumed Dead!

Jim picked up the paper and began to read the article. Jim's truck had been found at the bottom of the Sound, bullet holes in the front and side windshields, as well as the doors and engine. Though the water had washed a lot of the evidence away apparently traces of their blood had been found in the truck. They were both missing and presumed dead.

Jim turned to look at Brutus, "You did this. You and Methos set it up to make it look as if we were dead."

Brutus didn't even bother to deny it, "Yes, I did. You would have eventually had to move on before people got suspicious why you suddenly stopped aging. And Blair needed the time to learn. It was easier this way."

"Easier!! My friends think I am dead, my mom...oh God!!!" Blair screamed.

"How could you do this!!!"

"It was necessary. We'll help get you knew identities. You'll see everything is for the best. Everything." Brutus stressed that last word, and Blair blanched. The older immortal left the room. Blair and Jim watched him go.

"We have to get out of here. We have to tell Simon we're alright." Blair said.

"Its to late, Chief. He's right. Its for the best. Eventually you would have had to leave them."

"How can you say that?"

"What choice have we got?" Jim asked.

Not much of one at all, Blair thought, and finished getting dressed as Jim left him to his privacy.

Jim lay on his bed staring up at the white plaster ceiling, his thoughts drifting tot he man who slept upstairs on a rather large guestbed in a spacious room. Of course, the room had been offered to both of them as a couple, but Jim had refused. So he continued to sleep in the bed he had first awakened in from the Quickening induced zone.

Blair's heartbeat filled his ears and his heart matched the rhythm. Perfect sync.

Bringing his right hand to his face, Jim stared at the stark whiteness of the fresh bandage around his wrist. Peeling back the tape, Jim unwound the bandage revealing the damaged skin beneath. The cuffs had cut him deeply before Brutus had managed to tranqu him. A few of the cuts had had to be stitched up, the rest were healing scabs. Jim could find no smell of infection, and so rewrapped the bandage around his wrist securing it with the piece of cloth tape, then clasped his hands behind his head, attention returning to the ceiling once more as if sentinel eyes could see through walls. Eventually sleep came.

He was awakened by a light touch on his lips. Jerking awake, Jim found Blair's face above his.

"All you have to do is say no." Blair whispered, then proceeded to rain light kisses on his neck down to his bare shoulder.

Jim said nothing even though the word flittered through his mind. His cock was enjoying the sensation of Blair's light kisses and the roaming hands down his chest. He could feel the heat coming from Blair's crotch and the insistent hardness against his thigh. Blair's mouth moved to his, tongue seeking entrance. Jim opened his mouth welcoming the warm tongue and the tingling taste of Blair. The immortal guide's tongue explored his mouth, running across teeth, and petting Jim's tongue, while one of Blair's hands found Jim's left nipple rubbing it to a hard nub.

Jim groaned as Blair pinched the nipple removing his mouth from Jim's to lathe the nipple with his tongue, right hand moving lower to the waistband of Jim's boxers. Blair's tongue flicked over the tip of the nipple then his mouth closed over it and began to suck. Jim groaned again as pleasure shot through him.

Blair tongue explored down Jim's chest as Blair's hand snuck beneath the waistband and found the slowly filling cock. Blair's hand closed over the base gently and rubbed slowly, sensuously, while Blair sucked on Jim's chest. Jim reached down and ran his fingers through Blair's soft curls,
relishing in the feel of the velvety softness across his fingers.

Blair's hand fondled Jim's balls, rolling them around in their sacs, while the other hand pulled the boxers down to free the half hard cock.

Jim arched his back groaning as Blair's hot mouth enclosed the head of Jim's cock. Blair's tongue explored the head, licking the slit at the tip, while his lips provided the suction around it. Blair's left hand was holding the base of Jim's cock while his mouth tried to take in as much of the large
cock as he could. The other hand strayed upwards then down over Jim's flank, lightly stroking.

The heat of Blair's mouth, the suctions, the light stroking of his balls by Blair's thumb, and suddenly Jim shouted in warning then exploded in Blair's mouth. The guide swallowed the salty spurts of semen greedily, while his free hand stroked beneath Jim's balls, one finger finding the tight entrance to Jim's body.

One touch to his anus and all thoughts of pleasure left him as Jim bucked out from beneath Blair. The guide sat up and away from Jim, as the sentinel jerked away from his touch.

"No." Was all Jim said. It was enough. Blair nodded.

Jim noticed the tenting boxers and realised that Blair had yet to come. He reached out and grabbed Blair's shoulders lightly, and brought him close. Their mouths met and they kissed. Jim's hand went down into Blair's boxers and began to stroke Blair's cock with his hand, while his other hand went up into Blair's shirt to rub over the hairy chest as they continued to kiss.

Jim's mouth broke away from Blair's and he began to suck down Blair's neck as he continued to pump Blair's cock.

Finally, Blair shouted, "Jim!" as he came on Jim's hand. Jim continued to stroke the cock milking it for the last of the semen, then brought his hand out and up to his face to lick it clean of Blair's semen. When he was done, Blair kissed his mouth tasting himself in Jim.

Eventually, they laid back down on the small bed, with Blair laying over Jim, and sleep came to them both.

Morning came, and Blair awoke first. Slowly he extricated himself off of Jim, who groaned, and opened his eyes. Blair smiled at Jim, kissed him lightly on the lips, then headed for the shower. Jim watched him go, then sat up, pulling his boxers back up over his cock in the front, then listened as Blair showered.

He was tempted to join Blair in the shower, but he knew his guide would again try to touch Jim's center. Shaking his head, Jim laid back down. He had not wanted that when they had first became lovers, and he had not changed his mind after hearing what more it entailed.

After Blair showered, Jim went in and took his shower half expecting Blair to join him, and realised he was a bit disappointed when Blair didn't.

Sighing, Jim quickly showered, then dressed in a pair of sweats and shirt and headed up to the kitchen for breakfast.

Brutus and Methos were already there. Brutus had cooked breakfast, eggs, sausage, and toast along with a pot of coffee, and tea for Methos. There was little talk around the breakfast table other than Brutus telling Blair that they had lessons in four hours.

Jim no longer watched the lessons. Instead, when Brutus was teaching Blair how to fight with a sword, Jim would walk around the small island exploring his depths, trying to get away from the sound of wood hitting wood, and the deep fear that enclosed his heart as he thought of Blair and challenges. More than once Jim had seen an image of a beheaded Blair, and he took that fear wherever he went on the island, unable to get far enough away.

He was the jaguar. Powerful, sleek, black as midnight, Jim moved through the jungle with leaping bounds.

Scent brought him the smell of prey, and Jim moved to a stalking pace. Eventually he came upon the old temple where he watched from his hiding place as sheep and goats moved about, bleating, as they searched for food amongst the ruins. *Easy prey*, he thought. Then suddenly he heard a snarling sound and saw the sheepdogs amongst the sheep. He tensed, but then saw that the sheepdogs were fighting amongst themselves over old bones, or were lying in the sun, bellies fat, lazy eyes drifting half closed. The sheep continued to bleat, and some fell off into hidden crevices or cisterns around the ruins, and still the dogs did nothing.

Jim felt a flash of pity for the sheep, then felt a protective urge rush through him. *Why* he thought. *I am not a sheepdog. I am a predator, they are prey.* Then Jim saw them. The glowing eyes in the surrounding jungle. Predators. Jim knew they were coming for the sheep, and the sheepdogs would not protect the sheep.

There were to many of them. Jim knew he could not take them on, alone.

Then he felt the presence by his side. Jim turned his jaguar head and saw the grey wolf at his side. He smiled a feline smile, then turned stepping from his hiding place,the wolf at his side. He snarled at the predators.

Some of the predators, afraid of the cat and wolf, left, but other predators snarled back, accepting the challenge. Still too many, but at least Blair was with him....

Jim awoke from the dream to find Blair's face above his.

"All you have to do is say no." Blair whispered the same words he had whispered each night that he had come to Jim's bed since the first time. Jim had not resisted each time until Blair tried to touch his center, and only then would Jim say no. Blair never forced the issue after that, but each
night he tried until Jim would say no.

What did it mean, Jim thought as he kissed Blair back. The dream was a vision, he knew that. But what did it mean. Sheep...sheepdogs?

The vision was forgotten as Blair's mouth engulfed his half hard cock, and that talented mouth brought him to full hardness. He gripped Blair's hair with his hands, and tried not to thrust up into Blair's beautiful mouth.

Finally, he came, Blair swallowing it all. Blair smiled, as his hand caressed Jim's stomach as the sentinel tried to return to earth after having flown so high.

A finger ghosted over his asshole, brushing it lightly. Jim tensed up, but he vision filled him mind. Together, he thought. The wolf by his side, fighting the predators, and Jim realised what it meant, or at least what some of it meant.

When Jim didn't say anything, Blair continued to move his finger lightly over Jim's anus.

"Blair." Jim said.

Blair looked up and saw Jim's face in the semi darkness.

"Make love to me?"

"Are you sure?" Blair asked rubbing his finger over Jim's hot hole.

"Yes, I am sure."

Blair nodded, then moved up and kissed Jim's mouth, "I'll make it so good for you." He said after releasing Jim's mouth.

Jim smiled, "I know you will."

Blair stood up and went into the bathroom. Inside the cabinets he found a bottle of KY and brought it back. Brutus had told him that the first time would have to be with no condoms. Blair's seed had to spill inside Jim for the bond to take hold.

He went back into the room to find Jim had turned over onto his stomach and was waiting, boxers down past his ass. Blair crawled onto the bed, and with gentle pushed, spread Jim's legs apart where he could kneel between them. Uncapping the bottle, Blair squeezed some onto his fingers.

While rubbing circles on Jim's back with one hand, crooning to Jim in a wordless tone, his lubed fingers moved over Jim's opening, not pushing inside yet, but massaging the outside, getting Jim used to the feel and helping him to relax.

Finally, when Blair was sure Jim was ready, he pushed one finger inside the tight virgin hole.

However, Jim tensed around his finger, then began to whimper in pain, and Blair pulled his finger out gently and continued to massage the outside all the while petting Jim's lower back whispering in his soothing guide tone, "Its alright, Jim. Try to relax, I won't hurt you. Its safe, Jim. Relax, keep breathing."

Blair tried it again after Jim's breathing had indicated the sentinel was more relaxed. This time Jim didn't tense up and Blair was able to move his finger deeper inside Jim's body. He moved his finger around, stretching the inner muscles. His own erection was hard and leaking, but he ignored, concentrating on getting Jim good and ready.

Eventually, the internal walls relaxed enough that Blair was able to move on to two fingers. Scissoring them, he continued to stretch Jim's anus, still rubbing circles over Jim's back, still crooning.

Jim had never had anything in his ass, and though at first Blair's finger had felt foreign and he had tensed causing pain, the second time was easier, and he concentrated on the feel of it stretching inside him. The fingers brushed across his prostate and Jim groaned in pleasure his cock beginning
to fill up again. When two fingers were added, Jim felt strangely full, and though there was a little pain, it mostly felt good, and Jim concentrated on the pleasure, ignoring the tiny pain and it eventually disappeared.

Then Blair's fingers were removed, and Jim surprised himself by whimpering in loss, needing those fingers back inside him.

"Sssshh, its okay Jim. Need to add some more lube. Its alright." Blair whispered patting his lower back soothingly. Blair gelled up his fingers and replaced two of them back inside Jim.

Jim squirmed at the feel of them inside him. It felt good in a way he never suspected it would, then a third finger was added, and Jim groaned and whimpered in pleasure.

After what seemed hours to Jim, Blair removed his three fingers, and Jim whimpered again in loss. Behind him, Blair lubed up his straining cock, all nine and 1/2 inches ready to fill Jim's ass.

Setting the head of his cut cock against Jim's asshole, Blair pushed inward a few inches, then stopped when Jim made small noises of pain. He waited, petting Jim's flank, while the sentinel became use to the size and feel of Blair's large cock in his ass. When Jim indicated he was ready, Blair pushed in some more, listening for the tell tale signs of pain from Jim.

He continued to push forward until finally his balls rested against Jim's ass. He waited a few moments, then suddenly Jim was pushing back against him, and Blair knew Jim was ready. Pulling out a bit, Blair thrust back in and Jim groaned in pleasure.

Jim, ever silent and stoic, was also a silent lover. He never cried out Blair's name, or begged in words for more. The only noises were the grunts, whimpers, moans and groans that Blair could easily interpret.

Blair continued to thrust slowly into Jim, wishing he could pound away, but knowing that Jim probably couldn't handle that just yet.

Jim's ass was tight and hot around Blair's cock, and Blair knew he wasn't going to last. His balls tightened, and Blair felt his orgasm coming.

When he released his seed inside Jim, the sentinel screamed in pain and pleasure, and Blair's heart raced in fear because he had also felt that strange electric sensation in his cock. The electricity had flowed from him into Jim with Blair's seed, and Jim's sense of touch had been turned up high
enough that it had felt like a mild electric shock inside him. The pleasure and pain had been enough that Jim had come a second time over the sheets, then collapsed, unconscious.

Blair pulled out of Jim gently, and rolled the sentinel over, placing his ear against Jim's chest. Jim's heartbeat was steady, and Jim seemed to be breathing okay as well. Satisfied that his lover was alright, Blair snuggled up next to the sentinel, and fell into a blissful sleep.

 

One Year Later....

Paris, France

Jim stood on the bow of the barge that was their temporary home. Methos had bought it from an immortal friend of his who was still in Seacouver. Methos had left Paris a month before, claiming he had some work that he needed to finish up in London. Brutus, of course, had stayed with them, still teaching Blair had to use the blade that the young guide carried hidden within his long black coat.

Staring out at the Paris light, Jim remembered his first time in Paris. He had helped kidnap a chemist who had been working for the wrong people in developing chemical weapons. He had not had time to appreciate the beauty that was Paris.

His enhanced hearing caught the sound of footsteps and a gentle breeze brought the scent of the river, and of his lover to his nostrils. Turning his head, Jim saw Blair step up on the bow beside him, chestnut curls blowing in the breeze, a smile brightening his face.

"Amazing, isn't it." Blair said. "I've travelled to a lot of different places, but can you believe this is my first time to see Paris."

"Hard to imagine that, Chief. I would have thought you'd have been here before with Naomi."

"No. Naomi had been here before I was born, but never afterwards. Strange."

"I suppose."

"Brutus said that all immortals are foundlings. Never knowing their true parents. I wonder were she found me at?"

Jim shrugged, "No way of knowing, unless you want to find her and ask her."

Blair shook his head, "No. She thinks I am dead. I should let her grieve. It would be best than having to explain all this to her."

Jim nodded.

He felt Blair lean up against him, head resting against his shoulder. A hand brushed against his, and he caught it, held it in his own hand.

"Its kind of fitting." Blair said.

"What is, Chief."

"Well here we are together, in Paris, the city of love."

"Your right Chief. It is fitting."

And with that Blair pulled Jim's head down, and Jim opened his mouth to kiss

Blair's warm lips. He felt Blair's tongue exploring his mouth, and the sound of the waves from the river hitting against the boat, the smell of Blair's scent, and his shampoo clinging to his nostrils, and felt the rightness of being with Blair, there on the small barge in Paris.

Jim Ellison walked along the the Quai de La Tournelle, long coat blowing in the wind coming off the Seine. Some yards from him, Jim could see the barge moored along the quay. From the distance, Jim could make out two figures on the barge. Sentinel sight zeroed in, and Jim could clearly see Brutus and Blair seated on the deck. They appeared to be talking. Jim piggybacked
hearing onto sight and listened, not even bothering to listen to the small guilty voice in his head.

"Brutus, can I ask you a favor?" That was Blair's voice. It seemed hesitant, uncertain.

"Of course, Blair." Brutus always sounded gruff and confident.

"Do you think you'll be the last?"

"The last immortal?" Jim could clearly see Brutus shrug his massive shoulders. "I don't know, Blair. There are others that are better than I. Why do you ask?"

"I wondered if you think that maybe...I could be the last one?"

"With more training, you could be very good, Blair. Better than Methos, better than I. But skill will not always determine the winner. Sometimes, luck plays into it." Brutus chuckled a bit at that.

"That's what I thought. I'm afraid, Brutus. What if I lose? I practically forced Jim into this. And I can't even use the excuse that I didn't have a choice. I mean, today was fluke. What happens when my luck runs out. Jim will pay the price."

"I don't know what to say, Blair. But you didn't force Jim. I'll grant you you kept up the chase, but it was his choice. He didn't go into it blindly, not knowing the consequences. Unless you're telling me the first time was rape."

"No. I mean..he didn't say no, but...Aaaww, I don't know what I mean. What would have happened had I lost to Ponce Da'Nalle, today?"

"You would have lost your head, and I would have lost a friend."

"And Jim?"

"Would be in Ponce's bed right now, rather than walking down the Tournelle."

Jim watched as Blair nodded. He could see the tears glistening in Blair's
bright blue eyes.

"Brutus, if I ever lose, and you're still around, would you..."

"You want me to find your killer and take his head, is that it?" Brutus asked, and Jim drew in a quick breath in shock.

"Yes. Please, Brutus. I can't stand the thought that Jim would suffer because of me. I know, I know, I should have thought of that before I brought him into this. But I did. At the time, I thought I could protect him. I could be the last one. No one can tell I am immortal, but that was before the fight with Ponce. In the middle of it all, I realised, I could lose, and then Jim would become Ponce's, and God only knew what would happen after that. Then he slipped. He slipped on my blood! It shocked me."

"I understand, Blair. I truly do. And if you want me to, if you ever lose, I will find your killer and I will take his head. I promise you that Blair. If I still live, I will hunt your killer down and I will not stop till I am dead, or he is. I promise."

Jim watched in shock as Blair suddenly threw his arms around his teacher and hugged him, tears falling down his face, and Jim barely heard the whispered "thank you," from Blair.

Jim never felt the tears that fell down his own face.

Early that morning...

Jim followed Blair out of the Louvre as the young immortal guide lectured on Greek and Roman sculptures. Jim was only half listening, the words flowing by him, but never actually registering in his mind. Something about six and half heads, and feet and forearms? It didn't matter. Jim wouldn't remember the words later. Instead, he knew he would remember the way Blair's hands gestured to emphasize a point, how the curly chestnut locks blew in the wind, and his generous mouth moved as the words spilled from his full lips. Jim felt that he could zone on the sight of Blair, on the beauty that was his guide and lover.

Suddenly, Blair stopped, words halting in mid-sentence as he stared at the man coming toward them. Jim watched Blair's hand stray to the hidden sword in his long black coat, and he felt a deep fear in his heart as he realised the the tall, lithe man with the blonde goatee was an immortal.

The man stopped and looked at them with brown eyes, and stroked his goatee as if from habit. "I cannot feel you for some reason, but I know you are one of us if only by your reaction, youngling. I am Ponce Da'Nalle of Venice."

"I am Blair Sandburg." Blair said and Jim could hear the confidence in Blair's voice. Jim wondered if it was false...an attempt to hide his fear.

The man, Ponce, snorted. "Contemptible. A Jew! What ghastly luck!"

Then the man's eyes moved past Blair to Jim who stood behind his guide. "Hmmm...perhaps this...folly...will have its rewards after all. Other than ridding the world of one more Jew."

Jim had seen the lust behind the man's brown eyes for that one second. Those eyes had run over Jim's body, and Jim felt strangely uncomfortable. As if he were standing their nude instead of fully clothed. He had never felt that way after a man or woman had 'checked' him out. Wishing he could be the Blessed Protector Blair had called him and fight the immortal himself, Jim just clenched his fists at his side.

Blair had noticed the look to if the smell of anger and jealousy coming of him in waves was any clue. That and the fear smell.

"Shall we go somewhere a bit more private?" Blair asked the man his eyes seeing the people who walked along the street early in the morning.

"Of course." Ponce said and gestured to Blair to follow him. Blair did so, but when Jim moved to follow, Blair placed a hand on his chest.

"No, Jim. I want to give you a head start...just in case." Blair said.

"Just kill the son of a bitch, and you won't have to worry about giving me a head start." Jim said with a slight smile.

Blair smiled back, but the fear smell was still there.

Jim paced. He felt as if he should have followed his guide and the other immortal as they had walked away and gone into a secluded park not far from there. He was afraid. Blair would win or not. And Jim could do nothing to change that outcome. He could not interfere, he could not fight the battles for his guide. For the first time, someone else was fighting a battle that Jim felt should have been his fight alone. Helpless had never been a word he associated with himself before, but now found that the word fit him perfectly at that moment. Not only was Blair's fate in Blair's hands, but Jim's as well. And Jim had no choice but to await his fate.

The a prickle along the back of his neck made the sentinel stop and stare at the direction Blair had gone. The smell of ozone reached his nostrils, then suddenly he could see the blue lightning and feel the energy along his skin as the Quickening was released. Jim breathed a sigh of relief. Brutus had said that Jim would feel the shift of the bond should Blair ever loose a battle. He would know when his guide died. And it had not happened.

Jim waited until the quickening died down. Brutus had said that Jim would not want to be in the vicinity with a Quickening being released. His senses would probably overload. After having sensed the Quickening from the distance he was at, Jim had no desire to get closer why it was still going. Once the blue light was gone, Jim head in a quick jog toward the feel in his body that said 'Blair' and found his guide covered in blood just getting up from his knees. Jim saw the body of Ponce, and the head that had rolled a few feet away after having been lopped off by Blair's sword.

Blair looked up when Jim arrived, and the sentinel saw the pale face of his guide, and slightly haunted eyes that stared at him.

"He slipped, Jim. I should be dead, I would have been dead, but he slipped on my blood, and I..." Suddenly Blair leaned over and began to lose his breakfast there in the park. Jim went immediately to his guide's side and held him as the immortal vomited, then cried into his shoulder.

When Blair finally regained some of his composure, Jim led him from the garden back onto the street. Once they were moving further from the park, Blair became more animated until he no longer needed Jim to support his entire weight. Instead he leaned against Jim, and walked, while Jim prayed that this would not be the proverbial straw.

Jim decided that Blairs talks with Brutus was helping the young immortal deal with the trauma of having beheaded his first immortal. However, even after ten days Blair had yet to return to Jim's bed. Not after the first night they had tried to make love after the beheading. Blair had stopped suddenly, and burst in to tears, all the while apologizing. It wasn't until Jim overheard a conversation Blair was having with Brutus that Jim understood why. That night, all Blair could see was himself dead, and someone else cruelly 'taking' Jim and causing pain.

Though it was a possibility, Jim tried not to dwell on the fact. The future was uncertain, even for immortals. Jim, unlike Blair, could still be killed by things other than beheadings. Though he healed nearly as quickly as Blair, he did not have that ability to return after being dead. He did not age, nor could he die from a disease, but a bullet, or a sword could easily kill him. Therefor, Jim took each day as it came, and hopefully Blair would come to realize that they needed to live and love each day for whatever time they had.

On the eleventh night after the Quickening, Jim lay in his bunk on the barge, covers drawn up to his shoulders as he tried to sleep to the calming sound of the waves against the barge, and the thumping of his guide's heartbeat.

Then Jim noticed that the heartbeat was getting louder and faster, and Jim opened his eyes to see Blair enter Jim's cabin, the smell of arousal hitting his nostrils like a train.

Smiling, Jim pulled back the covers inviting Blair into his bed.

Blair did so and quickly claimed Jim's mouth with his own, tongue exploring Jim's palate. Eventually they broke for air, and Blair's hot mouth moved to Jim's throat. The sentinel tilted his head back to expose his throat to his lover and guide, an act of submission, and love.

Blair quickly latched on to Jim's throat and sucked, leaving behind the slight discoloration that marked the sentinel as his. Blair mouth moved down Jim's throat as his roaming hands moved across Jim's chest and found an erect nipple. Fingers twisted, and played with the nipple, pinching it which caused Jim to groan in pleasure and pain. Blair's mouth matched on to the abused nipple and sucked it as a newborn colt on his dam's teat, while his hands explored lower to the waistband of Jim's boxers.

Jim could feel the warmth of Blair's erection through Blair's own boxers against his thigh as his own cock swelled to fullness, tenting his own boxers. Blair hand snuck beneath the boxers and found the erect cock. The hand wrapped around the base and squeezed just enough for Jim to really feel it. Then quickly, Blair pulled Jim's boxers down exposing Jim's cock to the air, then before Jim could get use to the feeling of freedom, Blair's mouth engulfed his cock.

Jim cried out and arched his back at the incredible feeling, as Blair deep throated his cock. Blair swallowed, then began to suck in earnest, and Jim gripped Blair's head with his hands, reveling in he feel of the silky curls between his fingers.

Blair swallowed a few more times, then, Jim began to thrust. Slowly at first, discovering Blair could take it. Then the thrusts went faster and harder until finally Jim arched his back, crying out as he spilled his seed down Blair's throat.

Jim fell back against the bed covered in a fine sheen of sweat panting harshly. Blair swallowed all of the cum, then licked his lips. He moved upward and locked his mouth onto Jim's and Jim could taste himself in Blair hot wet mouth. Then he felt Blair's fingers moving lower, brushing across the entrance to his body, and Jim smiled, nodded, then rolled onto his stomach. Blair immediately searched for and found the lube in a drawer.

Coating his fingers, Blair easily slid one finger inside Jim's body, worked it around, then moved on to two fingers, then eventually three. Jim opened up easily, his hole ready and willing to take Blair's straining cock.

Blair lubed up his cock, then leaned over his mouth close to Jim's ear, "I'm going to fuck you so hard. Do you want it hard?" Blair asked in a teasing authorative tone that made Jim quiver.

"Yes," Jim said, "Fuck me, fuck me hard."

With one thrust Blair sheathed his hard cock inside Jim's ass. Jim grunted at the feeling of it, but reveled in it.

Then as promised, Blair began short hard driving thrust, pounding away into Jim's ass, harder and faster.

Jim cried out in exstacy when Blair exploded inside his ass, cum filling him, hot and scalding, electricity from Blair's quickening driving his brain past pleasure folds that Jim didn't know existed.

But Jim did not pass out like he had the first time, and a few times after that. Instead he lay on his stomach, sated, and tired, Blair's cock still inside him, Blair's chest resting on his back. Blair kissed Jim's back between his shoulder blades, then lifted himself up, groaning at the effort. His deflated cock pulled free of Jim's ass. Blair sat back on his heels between Jim's legs, then with his hands spread Jim's asscheeks. He checked Jim's ass for any sign of blood or damage. Finding none, he layed a kiss on the hot, pulsating pucker that was leaking cum, and lubricant.

Then he licked Jim's anus, tasting his own cum. Jim groaned in pleasure. Blair enjoying the taste, and the sound of Jim's groans, pushed his tongue inside Jim's already sore asshole, and Jim groaned form the pleasure/pain it brought. Blair tongue fucked Jim for a few more minutes, then licked his way up the crack of Jim's ass up his spinal cord to the back of Jim's neck, where he latched onto and sucked. Then he nuzzled Jim's neck, closing his eyes as he folded his body onto Jim's back, cock nestled between Jim's asscheeks, then fell into a deep sleep. The sentinel followed quickly.

Jim awoke slowly to the feel of Blair's heavy and comforting weight on his back. He smiled feeling Blair's cock nestled between his asscheeks. He could feel the lingering soreness from the night's passion and reveled in the feel. Jim would never have thought that he would enjoy having someone's cock in his ass until the first time with Blair. It had felt right, even when it had felt scary at the same time. Their relationship had continued along those lines, Blair always topping, and neither of them cared to change roles. Jim enjoyed bottoming, and Blair enjoyed topping, and not once had they ever tried it any other way.

Jim's ears caught the sound of Blair's heartbeat speeding up enough for Jim to know that Blair was awakening. A pleasurable groan from Blair, and a light kiss on the back of Jim's neck, made Jim aware that Blair's cock was filling, aroused by the feel of Jim's asscheeks on either side of it.

A tongue came out and bathed the back of Jim's neck as Blair moved his hips, his cock stroking along the crack of Jim's ass. He felt Blair's hands on either side of his ass squeezing the cheeks together to encase Blair's cock in a tight sheath.

Jim's own cock began to harden at the pleasure the stimulation brought to his sensitive anus. Blair continued to suckle on the back of Jim's neck, nipping a bit with teeth.

Suddenly, Blair lifted up, his cock removed from between Jim's asscheeks as Blair grasped his cock and placed the head against Jim's anus.

"Yes." Jim said, knowing what Blair wanted.

In a fit of primal urgency, Blair thrust forward sinking his cock into Jim's ass at the same time that he bit the back of Jim's neck, not drawing blood but bruising the tissues. The pleasure/pain along with the overwhelming sense of being dominated overwhelmed the sentinel and he came with a shout as Blair thrust hard into his tight tunnel until he too came with a shout.

Afterwards, Blair practically dragged Jim into the shower where they cleaned up.

Brutus was waiting for them with breakfast ready. The older immortal greeted them with a knowing smile, and Blair actually blushed.

They sat down to a breakfast of eggs and croissants along with the usual coffee.

Brutus told Blair that he had borrowed a gym from an old friend so that Blair could continue to learn under Brutus' tutelage. Jim was of course welcome to come, but the sentinel declined saying he would rather do a bit of sight seeing.

Brutus nodded.

*

A few hours later, Blair left with Brutus, and Jim left the barge a few minutes later. Somehow he found his way to the Eiffel Tower.

As he stared down at the city below him intent on his own musings, Jim didn't hear someone come up behind him until a voice spoke.

"Beautiful view, eh?" A man's voice said.

Jim turned to look at the speaker. A gray haired man with a beard wearing unrelieved black, one hand resting on a cane. Jim could tell that the man's legs were artificial.

Suspicious, Jim merely said, "Yeah."

"Sorry, name's Joe Dawson. I'm a friend of Adam's." The man said holding out his hand. Jim listened to the man's heartbeat and breathing and knew him to not be lying.

"Jim Ellison." Jim said taking the hand and shaking it in a friendly gesture.

"Yeah, Adam told me about you."

"What did he tell you?" Jim asked.

"Easy, no need to get hostile. I know all about Adam and his friends." He emphasized the word friends. "Perhaps we can talk somewhere more private."

Jim nodded.

They made their way to a quiet bar and found a table way int he back.

"I belong to a group of mortals called Watchers. Our group watches immortals and records their history. Adam claims he was the one who started them. A way to know where the others were so he could avoid them."

"So you just watch."

"Yes, we don't interfere in the Game. We just record."

"So Blair has a Watcher?" Jim said.

"Actually, no. He doesn't. Adam made sure to tell me that Blair was off limits. Told me he would explain later then when I met up with him later in Vancouver he told me your and Blair's story. At first I was hesitant to believe him. After all he had claimed for years not to know the reason behind the Game, but let's just say I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt."

Jim wondered if he should feel threatened by the thought that someone knew the truth. Realising he didn't, Jim just looked at Joe, "I'm not sure I believe it either, but I suppose I'll find out."

Dawson smiles. "Adam asked me to talk to you. To try and indoctrine you into the Watchers. No one knows that Sandburg is an immortal, and they never will. As a Watcher you'll have access to our files, and will know where the other immortals are. I was kind of hesitant about the whole idea, but Adam said it would be best. He said this was the second reason he created the Watchers."

"That would be useful. Blair's not too happy about killing." That was an understatement, but Jim felt there was no need to go into it.

"So, are you willing to join. I can easily bring you into the fold without too many problems. Oh and very few people will know you are a Watcher. You won't be assigned to a specific immortal. I'll put you down as doing research, this way no one will think much about you being with Sandburg. I'll put you down as Adam's assistant."

"Yeah, that will work for me. Thanks, Joe."

The two of them got up and paid the bill, then left the bar. They walked down the streets and talked of inconsequential things, never once mentioning immortals, swords, or the prize.

Hours later, Jim returned to the barge. Joe had taken him to one of the Watcher headquarters where he received a labtop, all the current passwords, and the fresh tattoo on his wrist.

Blair wasn't too happy about the fact that Jim had joined the Watchers. He had noticed the tattoo right away and it was then that Jim found out that Brutus had told Blair all about the Watchers as
well as the sub group of Watchers turned killers known simply as the Hunters. The argument was loud, Blair determined to not let Jim stay in the Watchers, not wanting the Watchers attention to come down on the sentinel.

The argument ended however when Jim had yelled, "I may be your sentinel, but that doesn't make me your slave!" Then stalked out of the barge slamming the door shut behind him.

Blair stood in shock for a few minutes. His mind replayed back their argument and he realised that he had been practically ordering Jim to leave the Watchers, treating him as if Jim was his slave. "Oh god, I didn't mean to." He whispered.

"You might want to go after him, Blair." Brutus suggested. Blair nodded and grabbed his long black coat and headed out into the streets of Paris. He caught up with Jim at one of the bridges.

"I'm sorry." Blair said immediately upon finding the sentinel. "You are right. Its not my place to dictate what you do. You are a free man not a slave."

Jim looked at Blair. He said nothing for a few minutes. "I don't feel free." He said quietly.

Blair's heart seemed to freeze in his chest. "Jim, you know you are free to leave if you want. I won't stop you. I'll miss you, but I won't stop you."

Jim gave a bitter laugh, "Yes you do, Chief. Without even realising you stop me. I can go to the other end of the city and feel just fine, but the moment I even think about staying away, about leaving about not coming back, and suddenly it hurts. There's pain deep inside, and it feels as if your on the end of the leash tugging me back, and I have to follow. I don't have a choice. This bond isn't going to let me be free."

Blair didn't know what to say. Methos had never mentioned anything like what Jim was describing. It made him afraid. If the bond wouldn't allow him to leave Blair, what would happen when another Immortal killed Blair. The thought of that was enough to make Blair queasy.

"I'm sorry, Blair. I guess I am kinda of depressed and taking it out on you. I chose for this to happen. I could have said no like I had before."

"Its alright, Jim. I understand. I'm sorry I tried to practically order you to leave the Watchers. If you want to be a Watcher, then you should be one. I won't stop you from doing what you want." As he spoke he moved closer to Jim and laid a hand on the sentinel's shoulder.

Jim turned and brought Blair into a strong embrace.

Blair patted Jim's back as he leaned into the embrace, "everything will be alright." Blair crooned.

*****************

One year later....

Jim sat at the desk in their condo sitting high above the city of Tokyo. Blair and Brutus were studying Martial Arts at one of the premium Dojo's in Tokyo. Their teacher, a mortal, was considered one of the best and Brutus had decided that they could benefit form the teaching. Jim could have of course joined as well, but the sentinel declined. Instead, he had joined one of the gyms, and worked out and trained with an ex-Marine turned bodyguard whom Jim had met at the
gym. They had struck up a friendship, though Jim had lied about what his name was. After all, James Joseph Ellison was dead, and he was Jim Brewer, an ex-Army man also turned bodyguard. Pete Blane, and Jim went out drinking a few times, but mostly trained together, practicing and keeping in shape. Blane had helped Jim get the current job he had. Jim was a kind of bouncer at one of Tokyo's exclusive clubs. It made good money and it gave Jim something to do while they
stayed in Tokyo.

On Jim's labtop, the list of Immortal in Tokyo came up. Jim had checked the files each day. So far the list had not changed. The four Immortals in Tokyo beside Blair and Brutus where immortal who did not seek challenges. In fact two of them were acquaintances of Brutus.

Jim left the Watcher archives, and hit the internet. A slight case of homesickness had him put Cascade in the search engine.

Jim's face turned white, and his heart thudded in his chest as he read the news article dated four days before. An article of a Police Captain's critical injury in the line of duty. Tears filled the
sentinel's eyes as he read the article beneath the picture of a flag covered casket, and learned about the death of a dear friend, Captain Simon Banks.

There's no time for us

There's no place for us

What is this thing that builds our dreams

then slips away from us...Who wants to live forever?

Rain fell in a soft mist as Jim Ellison once Sentinel of the Great City stood before the gray stone that marked the final resting place of a man. The sentinel's tears mixed with the rain on his face as Jim bowed his head to pay his respects to Captain Simon Banks.

Brutus had been against them going back to Cascade. It had only been a few years since their own 'deaths', and too easily they could be recognized. But Blair had stood up to his teacher, and Brutus had given in with concessions.

Which was why Jim's once short hair was now a bit longer, and blonde instead of his usual brown. He also sported a blonde goatee.

Blair and Jim had already been to the cemetery once earlier in the day. They had said their goodbyes, shed tears over their fallen comrade.

Jim however had snuck out later while Brutus and Blair were practicing. He needed to see Simon alone.

Now he stood near the gravesite, wearing only a light jacket that was already soaked through, ignoring the rain and cold. Not sure why he had come again, why he stood in the rain.

"I don't know if I can do this, Simon." Jim said finally. "Will I be here again in so many years to say goodbye to Darryl as well. Or Joel? Maybe even Carolyn. Why I live, never growing older. Waiting for the day when the last immortal takes what some prophecy thinks is his....or hers." Jim added as an afterthought. Jim pulled the gun out of his pocket. It was a S&W 45. semi automatic. He looked down at the gun. "I can't even end it. I can hold this gun, but the moment I even think about using it, my hands refuse to work." He gave a bitter laugh, then replaced the gun. "I am so sorry, Simon. I'm sorry you thought we were dead. I'm sorry I never tried to get in touch, to confide in you about what was going on. You of all people would have listened, and believed. You've been with us through this whole sentinel thing. You would have believed." Jim knelt down beside the stone and placed his hand on the words carved into it.

Simon E. Banks

Beloved Father and Friend

A True Hero

"Goodbye, old friend." Jim said then stood and walked out of the cemetery.

Who wants to live forever?

 

Eventually, the three of them left Cascade and moved back to Tokyo.

Jim had taken a leave from his job, and returned to it once back in Tokyo. Blair and Brutus continued their Martial Arts studies. They lived in Tokyo for three years, and Blair was challenged twice. He won both times, taking the challengers head and Quickening. Brutus was challenged once and won as well. After the three years, they moved to Vancouver where they met up with Methos. Duncan MacCleod, with whom Methos was staying, had gone to Paris with his new student, a young boy by the name of John Pierce, who had died in a car accident at the tender age of twelve. The boy had been from vanouver, so MacCleod had felt it was better to leave. He had given Methos the use of his house.

Some eight months later, Joe Dawson died of a heart attack. MacCleod made it back in time to be at the funeral. Jim was there as well, along with Methos. Blair and Brutus had not gone because Methos said he didn't want to explain Blair's presence to the Highlander.

Joe Dawson was laid to rest on a rare day of sunshine, and little cloud cover, and the mourners bid their goodbyes to a good friend.

Duncan didn't stick around long. He gathered up his young student and went back to Paris some four days after the funeral.

Four years after Joe Dawson died found Brutus, and Blair saying goodbye. The older immortal had declared the young Guide's training under his tutelage complete. Blair of course was encouraged to continue to seek training with mortal masters, and to hone his skills, but Brutus said that the student was ready.

Blair found a job in New York as a museum curator. Brutus had taught Blair had to set up new identities for himself and Jim so that while they lived in New York, Blair was Blair Kern, and Jim was James Marrows. While Blair worked as the curator of a museum, Jim worked as a bouncer at one of New York's finest clubs.

Blair had joined a dojo in New York, and continued to practice each day, and the sentinel worked out at at the World Gym.

They returned to Cascade twice more, once for Joel Taggart's funeral, and another for Darryl Banks graduation from Rainier University with his PHD in Criminal Justice with a minor in Criminal Psychology. The FBI offered the young Banks a job, and Darryl took it. Jim knew Simon would be proud of his son.

Five months after Darryl's graduation Daniel Cays came to New York.

The first time Blair met Daniel Cays was at an art auction. When he had walked into the building he had immediately felt the presence of another immortal. Findng said immortal was relatively easy. when Blair had stared right at the man wearing a Armani tailored tux with a red cummerband, and a white scarf, the man had looked right back.

And though Daniel's eyes widened, probably from the shock of not being able to feel Blair's presence, he seem to recognize Blair for what he was.

Blair outbid Cays on a sculpture of a black jaguar morphing into a man. Cays wasn't too happy about being outbid by a long haired hippy, but Blair was making good money in his current job. And he really wanted that sculpture. They had walked out of the building when the auction was over. Cays was a bit drunk which was one reason he didn't challenge Blair right off the bat.

"I don't know why I can't feel you, but I will find out." Cays whispered to Blair before he stepped into his limo. Blair shivered at the tone of the man's voice. When the valet brought Blair's red Ford Mustang around, the young guide got in and drove away, his eyes always on the rear view mirror making sure no one was following him.

Luck was not with the guide however.

Jim first met Daniel Cays at the exclusive gay club Jim worked at as a bouncer. The man had hit on him for most of the night, and was well into being completely drunk by the end of the night. Jim, of course, had ignored the man, walking away when Cays hands got too familiar.

Cays didn't like the idea of someone saying no to him, and asked straight out exactly how much money Jim wanted for one night. Jim had growled and told the man that he wasn't a prostitute and that didn't he know that soliciting was a crime. Cays had glared after Jim when the sentinel had walked away after the conversation.

Cays was not anymore happy to see Blair pick up Jim in his red Ford Mustang. Blair had noticed Cays after he felt the presence of an immortal, and it frightened him to find out that Cays had been hitting on Jim, enough so that he considered leaving New York all together.

That night, Jim looked into the Watcher database to find out more about Daniel Cays. They discovered that the immortal was three hundred years old and had been an English aristocrat before he had been killed by an assassin sent to wipe out his entire family. The man's teacher had been a one time student of Kurgan who had managed to make himself scarce before The Kurgan decided to get rid of him...permanently.

Some three days later the museum Blair worked at was broken into and the new Peruvian exhibit had been ransacked and the valuable gold artifacts had been stolen. Blair didn't have any proof, but he had a feeling that Cays was leaving him a message.

Two days later, their apartment was broken into while they had been to a broadway show. The jaguar statue was gone, as well as a few other items. Cays had also left his cum on the bed where Blair and Jim. Blair had the sheets, covers, and mattress burned.

 

Two days later...

Blair laid his head on Jim's shoulder wrapping his arms around his sentinel, clasping the hands together in front of Jim's chest. "I think we should leave New York. Start somewhere else." Blair said.

"Whatever you think is best, Blair." Jim answered. "I don't think this guy is playing with a full deck of cards."

Blair kissed Jim's shoulder, "Alright. We'll leave Friday. I'll call Methos tomorrow and see if we can use the island for a bit."

"Sounds good to me, Chief." Jim smiled as Blair's mouth began to nibble on Jim's ear.

As Blair nibbled down Jim's ear and neck, his hands unclasped and roamed over the sentinel's smooth chest. The exploring hands found nipples that they pinched and rubbed until they hardened into little nubs. Jim could feel Blair's cock growing against his ass through his silk boxers.

Blair's mouth latched on to the back of Jim's neck and began to suck hard enough to leave a mark, and teeth nipped into the already bruised skin. Jim gasped in pleasure at the sensation while Blair's hands roamed further down to sneak inot the silk boxers to find the hardening cock within.

Blair's mouth moved further down, latching again on to skin, nipping and sucking leaving marks while his hands rubbed Jim's cock and rolled his balls around in their sacks. Blair's hands gripped Jim's cock and moved up and down its length while he nipped and sucked down Jim's back.

He stopped with his hands before Jim could cum, and his mouth found its way to the top of Jim's boxers. He had left a trail of small bruises down Jim's back, and the sentinel had groaned and panted in pleasure with each bite and suck. Blair used his hands to pull Jim's boxers down revealing the mounds of his buttocks. Blair quickly latched on to one and sucked and nipped, and Jim gasped in pleasure closing his eyes and reveling in the sensation. One finger probed the ntrance to Jim's body but did not try to enter dry.

Blair brought his finger to his own mouth letting go of Jim's ass as he did so. He sucked his finger until it was wet with his saliva, then latched on immediately to the other butt cheek while his wet finger pushed inside Jim's ass. His finger foudn the right spot and rubbed. The combination of pleasure and pain from the duel sensations of being bitten and his prostate being stimulated had Jim cumming.

Blair smiled at that, then removed his finger. He moved back up the bed so that he could kiss Jim's mouth. They kissed, their tongue trying to battle it out inside their mouths. When they broke apart, Blair dug into the nightstand beside the bed and brought out the lube. He quickly but carefully lubed up Jim's asshole. They had sex enough that it didn't take long for Jim's ass to be ready to accept Blair's length.

Blair sheathed his cock inside Jim's ass in one quick thrust, and continued to thrust. Jim, on his hands and knees, thrust back in tiem with Blair's strokes so that they settled into an easy rythmn. The stimulation to his ass and prostate had Jim's cock reacting again, filling with blood. Blair reached around JIm and grasped his cock in a lubed hand, and Jim thrusted into Blair's hand while Blair thrust into Jim's ass.

Jim came first and the waves of Jim's orgasm brought Blair to orgasm as well and the electric wave from Blair's quickening surged through Jim and the sentinel cried out at the intense pleasure but no longer passed out.

Jim collapsed on the bed, and Blair collapsed on top of him. A few mintues later Blair recovered enough to clean them both up with a wet wash rag, then laid down again in his favorite position, his whole body lying on Jim's back, head resting between Jim's shoulder blades, and his cock nestled between Jim's asscheeks. They slept peacefully, their thoughts never straying toward the immortal Cays.

Jim yawned as he unlocked the door to their apartment. The sun was just begining to find its way over the Atlantic, and Jim was tired from working. He had had to break up several fights, and throw out just as many drunks. *I hate friday nights.* He thought as he locked the door behind him and headed for the bathroom.

After taking a hot shower, Jim headed to their bed. Blair was of course at work, and he knew that the immortal guide would be turning in his resignation. Yawning again, Jim crawled into bed pulling the covers over him and closing his eyes. He went to sleep immediately.

Blair stepped out of the museum and head for his car when he felt the presence of an immortal. His heart began to pound as his eyes found the immortal, Cays, waiting for him in the parking lot wearing a long brown leather duster. Cays nodded toward the alley, and Blair gripping the hilt of his sword hidden in the folds of his coat, swallowed hard trying not to look afraid as he followed Cays into the alley.

As the jaguar, Jim paced on the steps of the temple tail lashing in agitation. A whine from his left had Jim turning and seeing the wolf emerge from the jungle. The wolf had his tongue lolling out in a grin ready to greet the jaguar.

A snarl turned Jim's attention away from Blair in time to see a jackal exit the jungle into the clearing. The jackal growled at the wolf who snarled back.

Jim tried to go to the wolf, to help him, but found himself suddenly chained to the temple by a silver collar around his neck and chain attached to it and to the stone. He howled in anguish, pulling against the chain desperate to reach the wolf.

The jackal attacked, and the wolf met the attack head on. They snarled and growled, and moved as fast as lightening, each using their teeth to try and rend flesh. Whines of pain came from both the wolf and the jackal, but each continued the fight, neither one giving ground.

Jim howled in despair when he saw the wolf loose his footing, and the jackals teeth flashed in the sun as its jaws closed over the wolf's throat.

The horror before Jim's eyes took a few minutes but eventuallly the jackal managed to rip off the wolf's head. Tears filled the jaguar's eyes as pain filled his heart, and he howled in anguish and despair. Blue lightening flashed and a blue mist rose from the dead wolf. Jim howled again and writhed upon the stone steps as he felt the death of his beloved guide.

****

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Jim screamed as he ripped his way violently out of sleep, the pain in his heart and soul almost more than he could bear.

End of Chapter One: The Wolf

 

PART TWO: THE JACKAL

Jim Ellison lay on his bed curled up around a pillow that he hugged to his face as he cried. Blair's scent from the pillow filled his nostrils and the pain in his heart filled his mind until he could think of nothing else but his grief. Not once did it enter his mind that Cays would soon be on his way over, nor did thoughts of what was sure to happen enter his head, his grief so overwhelming.

The sentinel sobbed into the pillow where the guide's scent lingered crying out to the world that did not care of the loss of his guide.

Strangely enough Jim was left alone for two hours in which he cried and grieved to fall eventually into a deep unrestful sleep still clutching Blair's pillow to his head.

He was awkened when his senses warned him of Cays approach to the apartment. Knowing that Cays would only mock him in his grief, Jim slipped out of the bed. It took all his training and will power not to break down and cry again. As it was he stumbled into the bathroom choking back sobs that threatened to well up in him. He washed his face with cold water, and looked into the mirror. A shadowy glimpse of a timber wolf had him turning around, but no wolf stood on the bed.

Instead Jim saw the jackal that had torn off the wolf's head in his dream. At that moment the door to the apartment flung open banging against the wall.

Standing in the doorway, Daniel Cays stood leaning heavily against the doorframe. The Quickening had knocked him for a loop and Jim noticed that Blair had put up a good fight for Cays sported jagged tears in his shirt, blood soaked his clothes, and arms. Cays looked at Jim who stood in the doorway of the bathroom wearing only a pair of blue silk boxers.

"All of this. Killing, and dying just to create a new race that would rule the earth." Cays laughed at that. Jim wasn't sure if Cays was talking to him, or to himself. "I could barely believe it when his memories began to show me that. I thought he was delusional, but I guess he wasn't."

Jim still didn't say anything. He was trying his best not to throw up. Everytime he thought about killing the immortal in front of him his body and mind would rebel by making him feel nauseous and giving him a migraine to end all migraines. It was worse than the times he had thought about leaving while with Blair.

Daniel Cays shut the door behind him and walked further into the livingroom looking around.

"Pitiful." Cays said. He withdrew his sword from beneath his coat, and layed it on the bar counter. It was covered in blood and Jim knew by the scent that it was Blair's.

"That little hippy put up a good fight." Cays said to no one in particular. For the first time he focused his gaze on Jim. "Is it true that you can't attempt to kill me or run away?" Cays asked.

Jim just nodded not sure if he could trust his voice. Cays eyes lit up at that. "Good." The immortal said. "Go clean yourself inside and out and wait for me on the bed."

Jim had no choice but to obey. It was as if Blair's guide voice had transferred to Cays. It wasn't the same voice, but something about the tone. Jim wasn't sure, and he didn't have time to analyze it.

Instead he went back into the bathroom and took a shower, then gave himself an enema. He hated those, but had little choice. During all this, Jim's hearing followed Cays as he moved through the kitchen fixing himself a turkey sandwich, and cleaning the broadsword that he had used to kill Blair. When Jim was finished he went into the bedroom and sat down on the bed, waiting. Cays stood up and headed to the bathroom to take his own shower saying, "On your stomach, Jimmy."

Jim growled at the use of the nickname, but did as he was told.

Laying on the silk sheets, stomach down, Jim's hearing followed Cays as he showered. Jim felt as if he was going to be sick, but forced down the nausea knowing what was about to happen, and knowing that he couldn't stop it.

Cays came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Its been a few years since I've taken a man. I normally keep myself to women." Cays said almost conversationally as he sat down on the bed.

Jim shuddered when Cays' hand rested on his right butt cheek.

Cays began to stroke Jim's ass cheek, and Jim tried his best to dial down his sense of touch. But it refused to cooperate. His senses wanted to be on high, so that they could imprint their new guide.

Cays was unlike Blair in that he cared little for Jim's pleasure. Instead, Cays had Jim suck him until he was hard, then with Jim on elbows and knees, Cays just quickly and lightly lubed up his cock and shoved his way inside Jim's ass until his balls rested against Jim's as cheeks. Without stretching or lubing the inside of Jim's ass, the fucking hurt the sentinel, but Cays continued to thrust harder and harder while his hands gripped Jim's hips. Jim just bit his lip, and tried not to cry out. His sense of taste had imprinted when he had sucked on Cays cock, and his sense of hearing, sight, and smell had already imprinted before they had begun. Touch decided to imprint while Cays fucked him hard.

Cays came, spilling his seed deep inside Jim's ass and the electric feel of Cays quickening surged through the sentinel, but did not knock him out.

Cays rolled over, his cock slipping out of Jim's body, blood streaking it. Jim could feel the tears inside him healing quickly, but the pain in his ass didn't want to dissipate. It wasn't long before Cays was snoring away. All Jim could do was lay there beside his rapist, and cry softly into the pillow grieving for his beloved guide.

Jim padded through the jungle as a jaguar until he came upon the temple. The sheep were there, but Jim ignored them. Instead he saw the gray timber wolf waiting for him, whole, upon the steps of the Temple. Jim's jaguar body shimmered and shifted until he stood before the temple as a man. The wolf shimmered and shifted until Blair stood before him.

Jim dropped to his knees in shock. Blair came to him quickly, embracing the sentinel, tears falling down his eyes as he held the now sobbbing sentinel. He petted Jim's hair, and murmured soft words in a comforting tone. And together in the realm of the spirits, sentinel and guide held each other and grieved.

There's no chance for us

its all decided for us

this world has only one

sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever?

Blair stroked Jim's short hair as he held the grieving sentinel to his body. Jim's face was buried in his naked chest, and Blair could feel the hot tears on his skin. His own tears fell freely down his face.

"I'm so sorry, Jim." Blair whispered to the sentinel. "I should never have brought you into this."

"Its not your fault, Blair. I chose...remember that..I chose to say yes." Jim answered.

Blair pressed his forehead to the top of Jim's head as he hugged the sentinel tighter to him.

"How...how is that you are here?" Jim asked.

"I couldn't leave you completly. My essence, my Quickening is inside that bastard, and until the last immortal dies, I think all our Quickenings will be here."

"All?" Jim looked up at Blair.

Blair nodded. "Yes. In some strange way, they are all here. Like me they are able to shift from their spirit guide form to their true form. I don't understand it, but it allows me to be with you."

"Oh God, Blair you can't be trapped here. You should be able to go on to whatever is next...Heaven or whatever you call it."

"No...not without you beside me Jim. I will gladly stay here and wait as long as I need to. And you can come here whenever you need to. I'll be here."

Jim tried to touch Blair's face with his hands but they passed right through Blair's head. "I think I'm waking up." Jim said. He looked at Blair blue eyes that were filled tears. Eyes that knew what Jim was waking up to.

"I love you, Jim." Blair said as the sentinel drifted away from the dream plane.

Jim opened his eyes as he mind shook of the last vestiges of sleep.

He could still hear Blair's voice in his mind telling that he loved him.

Reality came quickly when he felt Cays move over in his sleep. Jim looked over at the immortal who had killed Blair and to whom he now belonged. *At least my body anyway. My heart and soul belong to Blair.* It was a comforting thought in the face of his reality.

Quietly, Jim slipped out of bed. The lingering pain in his ass was gone, but Cays cum still leaked out of Jim's body, and Cays smell was all over him. Jim went into the bathroom to relieve himself then to take a shower.

Cays joined him in the shower. "This is a good idea." The immortal said as he used the rag and soap to clean Jim's body, then greased up his cock with soap. Jim leaned against the shower wall, palms flat on the tiled surface, head hanging down as Cays shoved his soap covered cock into Jim's ass and thrusted his way to completion. Like the night before it hurt but mostly the stinging was caused by the soap.

When Cays was done he gave Jim the washrag and soap. Jim wordlessly washed his new guide and master with the soap carefully.

Cays got out of the shower first telling Ellison to finish cleaning himself up and to hurry.

While Cays wrapped up in a warm soft towel, Jim finished cleaning his body. By the time he was finished, Cays was in the bedroom beginning to get dressed.

Jim stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and headed for his closet to get some clothes. When Jim opened the closet, Cays looked over Jim's shoulder to see the selections.

"Even more appalling. Did I miss the ad in GQ that said plaid was back in style." With a disgusted sound he pushed Jim's shoulder toward the dresser. "Put some underwear on, and do something with your hair while I find you something decent to wear among this I hesitate to call it a wardrobe."

Jim said nothing but did as he was told. Pulling out a pair of black silk boxers, Jim slid them on, then walked back into the bathroom. He brushed his hair, and his teeth. When he came back out, a pair of tight black jeans, and a silk blue buttoned up shirt waited for him on the bed. Jim said nothing as he slipped into the jeans that hugged his legs and butt, and buttoned up the shirt that he on Cays insistence tucked into the jeans. When he finished buttoning the jeans, Cays came over with a black leather belt folded in half. Cays ran the leather over Jim's shoulder, around his neck, then laid it in the palm of Jim's hand all the while saying nothing.

Jim took the belt and threaded it through the belt loops, then sat down to put on his socks and black Magnum High-Tech lace up boots.

Cays had dressed in a pair of slacks, a nice white silk buttoned up shirt and a black sports jacket.

"When we get to my place, that outfit will be burned. I won't have you wearing anything from your old life. Just remember that." Cays said to Jim as he ran his hand possesively over Jim's jean covered ass. Jim said nothing.

Jim mentally said goodbye to the apartment and everything in it that reminded him of Blair as they left.

A limo waited for them, and at Cays' motion, Jim entered the dark stretched limo. The privacy glass was rolled up, but Jim was able to see through it to get a look at the driver's area to see that only the driver was present.

Waiting for Cays in the limo was a briefcase which he immediately opened and pulled out the papers lying inside. Jim just leaned back in the seat quietly while Cays studied the papers. A few moments later the immortal pulled out a cellphone and contacted someone. Jim ignored the conversation not even bothering to listen to who was on the other end.

"No, I don't care what the old man says...no forget trying to bargain with him....look I had better have that property by the end of business hours today or heads will roll starting with yours!" Cays growled, pushed a button on the phone and made another call.

"I want the usual supplies. No don't need that.....yes that will work. I want them delivered today will that be a problem." Cays voiced hinted that there had better not be. "Good." He hung up the phone and made yet another call. "Is the helicoptor ready? Good, we'll be there shortly." He hung up the phone. Replacing the papers in the briefcase, Cays looked at Jim. "Jimmy, you will come over here and service me." Cays ordered matter of factly.

Jim didn't even sigh. Instead he moved to kneel between Cays' legs on the floorboard, and with deft and quick hands he unzipped Cays' fly and pulled out the twelve inch cock.

He'd only given Blair a few blowjobs mostly taking Blair's cock up his ass. Jim took Cays cock into his mouth as much as he could and tried to bring the immortal off before they reached the building the helicoptor was waiting for them.

Cays made little noise as Jim sucked him off. When the immortal came, Jim swallowed the bitter tasting semen not wanting to find out what would happen if he spilled any of it on Cays suit.

He leaned back on his heel when he was done, and Cays idly tucked his spent cock into his pants and rezipped and buttoned them up. "You'll learn to do better." Cays said. "For now at least you have a nice tight, sweet ass."

The limo stopped outside the building and Jim followed Cays inside to the elvators. On the roof the helicoptor waited them and they stepped inside. The helicoptor took them to the airport where a private jet awaited them. The plane flew to Chicago where Cays home awaited them.

*

Cays home turned out to be condo located on the top floor of a highrise apartment. The décor was tasteful with white couches, and cream colored draperies. The carpet was alight cream color, and the immortal’s bedroom was decorated in white with cream colored sheets on the bed made from silk. The bed even had curtains that surrounded the bed and could be drawn closed giving some semblance of privacy. Cays had servants of course, and the first thing the immortal did was order to Jim to strip out of his clothes and hand them over to the servants. Jim did so without protest. The servant didn’t even bat an eye. Cays gave the servant instructions to burn the clothes and then had Jim follow him into the bedroom. Another servant informed Cays that the supplies were in the top drawer of his dresser. Cays only nodded as he entered his bedroom with Jim at his heels.

Inside the bedroom, Cays opened the top drawer and motioned for the sentinel to come closer. Cays pulled out a black leather collar with a few silver rings attached to it, and buckled it around Jim’s neck. "You are not to take that off. That is a reminder that you belong to me, and you will wear it at all times even in public."

Jim nodded in understanding. Inside his gut twisted and it was everything he could do to not throw up. Thoughts of how to kill the immortal slowly before cutting off the man’s head were causing the bond to punish him in its own way. Jim fought down the nausea and tried to keep his murderous thoughts at bay.

Cays didn’t notice Jim’s internal struggle or id he didn’t he didn’t care. Instead Cays delved into the drawer and brought out a rather large butt plug and a bottle of lube. Jim didn’t even sigh as he kneeled down over the bed. Cays didn’t put much effort into lubing and stretching Jim before he lubed the butt plug and inserted inside the sentinel. Jim felt a few tears but they healed quickly, but the plug was uncomfortable and causing some pain. Cays took one last thing out of the drawer, a long chain leash which he attached one end to Jim’s collar and the other to a ring embedded in the wall. Cays told Jim to lay on the bed and wait for him saying that he would be in later, but had important work to do. With that he left Jim leashed on the bed.

After Cays had left the apartment completely, Jim hugged a pillow to his face and grieved softly for Blair soaking the pillow with his salty tears.

That night after Cays had fucked him and had rolled over into sleep, Jim finally settled into sleep himself and was transported to the spirit world where Blair awaited to hold him as they both cried.

Life went on even though Jim fervently wished that it wouldn’t. Cays used him nightly, and sometime two or three times in a day. Immortals recovered quickly, and could get it up more than a normal man could ever dream of doing. A few times cays caught him grieving for Blair, and the immortal would become angry. He had a large whip that he used for such an occasion and whenever he caught Jim crying he would beat the sentinel almost senseless. It would take about an hour but eventually Jim’s body would heal and no mark was left on his skin.

Cays was also into experimenting. Three times he had put Jim in a harness hanging from the ceiling and using more lube than he normally used but still not enough, he fisted the sentinel until Jim screamed from the pain. Cays would laugh at Jim’s cries, enjoying the sentinel’s pain. Cays used paddles, dildoes, nipple clamps, enemas and other devices without any thought or concern for the sentinel.

And eventually Jim became a master a fellatio having done it so many times for his new guide.

At night however, Jim went to the spirit world, and there he and Blair were together. Eventually their mutual crying and grieving sessions turned to kissing and eventually lovemaking, and Blair was careful of Jim during their sessions always making sure that Jim received pleasure before taking his own. The meetings in the spirit realm were the only things that kept the sentinel sane and able to function in the real world.

Two years after Jim came to stay with Cays, the immortal had a very public death when a car bomb took out his limo. Luckily, Jim had been at the house, laying on the couch watching the news ignoring the servants who moved around him. He no longer felt any modesty around the servants. Cays never allowed him clothing inside the house even when the immortal had guests. Only the collar, and maybe a butt plug, which Jim wore at the moment. The news changed and the car bomding story came on. Jim heard his guide’s name mentioned and new that they would be leaving Chicago. Public deaths were not an immortal’s best friend.

Cays came home pissed off wearing a sheet wrapped around him. His servants who knew of him immortality had already packed for him. Jim was waiting on the bed. Which was good because Cays was not only pissed he was horny. Coming back from ‘death’ had a tendency to do that to him.

Cays didn’t even bother with lube. Instead he pulled out the butt plug and shoved his cock into Jim’s ass and thrust to completion. Jim gritted his teeth and tried to breath shallowly through the pain. When Cays came though his cock continued to stay hard, and Cays felt no relief. He continued to thrust again, and came two more times, once more in Jim’s ass and the last time down the sentinel’s throat.

Finally Cays was sated and he had Jim dress in a pair of black pants, and a white silk shirt and black shoes, then they headed down toward the waiting limo which took them to Cays private airport. There a plane took them to Paris.

Three months in Paris had Jim remembering Blair and their time in Paris. Which caused him to grieve more, crying into the pillow when Cays wasn’t around. The immortal has set himself up in Paris but didn’t plan to stay long. Instead, he hoped to re build his life in London.

Jim was lying asleep in the bed after having cried into a pillow. Naked, he wore only the collar and was leashed to the bed, but it did not stop the movements of the sentinel as he slept, and dreamed.

Jim paced as the jaguar on the temple steps. A chain dragged along the ground attached to the collar about his neck. The foliage moved and a gray and silver wolf padded out of the jungle. Jim tried to go to the wolf, but the chain held him up short. The wolf made no move to go to Jim. Instead it waited at the bottom of the steps. Jim whined in his throat, but still the wolf did not move. Instead, the animal turned its attention to the surrounding jungle.

Suddenly a jackal came out of the surrounding foliage and headed straight toward the Jim. The wolf made no move to stop the jackal and instead waited seated on its haunches.

Before the jackal could get to Jim, a roar resounded through the jungle, and the jackal turned its head growling showing sharp teeth.

Out of the jungle a large Kodiak crushed through the foliage, and stood on its hind legs and roared. The jackal hesitated, afraid, but then moved in to confront the bear.

The two fought, but the jackal was clearly losing. The bear was stronger and more powerful than the jackal, and eventually the bear managed to use its greater strength to rip off the jackal’s head. At that moment, the gray and silver wolf howled as the bear roared when blue lightning began to light up the jungle sky.

Jim flew from sleep, gasping as he felt the changing of the bond. He sat in the bed attempting to breath, his heart pounding in fear. Who was the bear, Jim didn’t know. He was afraid that whoever the bear was that he would be worse than Cays. But the wolf howled in triumph, Jim thought.

Then his hearing caught the sound of someone coming into the apartment at a run. Jim waited, knowing that the person was the bear, and there was nothing he could do but wait. A struggle indicated that the immortal had taken out the two servants, and Jim waited with his heart in his throat.

The door opened and Brutus stepped into the room looking like an enraged bear covered in blood.

"I’ve kept my promise." Brutus said.

End of The Jackal

Part Three: The Bear

Brutus stood guard at the door while Jim removed theimplements of his slavery, and dressed in a pair of dark slacks, and a black shirt. While he tied his shoes he spoke to the immortal, "How did you find us?"

"Methos used his codes to get into the Watcher database. It took some persuading, but he did it."

Probably a lot of persuading, Jim thought. He finished tying his shoes, and stood up walking over to where Brutus stood at the doorway. "You should clean up, Brutus. We’ll get stopped by the cops if they see all that blood on you."

"No need to worry. Methos is waiting for us in a car downstairs. Come on." He motioned to Jim to follow but did not touch the sentinel. The two of them bypassed the unconscious servants and headed out of the apartment. Downstairs, Methos waited for them in a black Ford Taurus, the engine still running. The oldest immortal didn’t look nervous, but Jim could smell it on him. Brutus got into the front passenger seat, and Jim got into the back. When they were inside, Methos drove away from the apartment flowing evenly into traffic.

"Why are you guys nervous, what’s going on?" Jim asked.

"Cays has friends, mortal friends who are wealthy and dangerous. Methos thinks that someone besides are Watchers were there when I killed Cays." Brutus said.

Jim looked at Brutus, So he’s the bear. It suits him. "You think on of Cays friends were there." It was not a question.

"Which is why we are getting out of the country. Brutus has a house outside of Lima, and a plane

waiting for us at the airport." Methos said.

Methos and Brutus kept alert as they drove through Paris. Jim, feeling safe for the first time in a long while, stretched out on the back seat and went to sleep. Too deep into sleep to enter the spirit world, Jim felt a bit disappointed when he woke a few hours later when Methos stopped the vehicle. The plane was waiting for them, and the three boarded. The private plane had comfortable couches in the passenger area, and Jim curled up on when and slept.

Eventually, he entered the spirit realm. The wolf waited for him on the Temple steps. Jim bounded toward the Temple and stopped when a jackal jumped in front of him growling and snapping. Jim snarled back, surprised that he could do so without feeling a spreading sickness in his gut. He swiped at the jackal with a paw, claws unsheathed, and smiled inwardly when the jackal yelped in pain. The jackal realized that Jim was no longer bonded to him, and quickly ran into the surrounding jungle. Jim watched the jackal go then continued on toward the temple and the waiting wolf. Halfway up the steps, the wolf shapeshifted to a smiling naked Blair, and Jim became human again. Bodies and mouths met as sentinel and guide made love on the temple steps in the spirit world.

Four days later….

Brutus’s home in the mountains outside of Lima was a sprawling plantation. Grape fields and goat herds provided the plantation with income from wine and cheese made right there on the plantation. The house itself was magnificent, made of adobe style, with eight bedrooms, four baths, a dining room, living room, large kitchen, a four car garage, and a basement. The basement, almost as large as the house itself, was Brutus’ gym with weights, and mats so that Brutus could keep in good fighting condition. Behind the house were stables and a riding arena. Brutus raised Lippazzaners and Fresians as well as a few Thoroughbreds, and Quarter horses.

For the first time in what seemed forever, Jim felt at peace. Brutus made no sexual advances toward Jim. He rarely touched the sentinel and used only his voice to bring the sentinel out of zones. Jim had his own room, and was allowed his own clothes. He was as free as he could be, and yet still be a slave to the bond. He could not leave Brutus anymore than he could have left

Blair or Cays. He had free rein of the plantation, and often went out on solitary rides or just rode dressage in the arena on one of the better trained horses.

Sometimes Brutus would accompany him on the rides, and sometimes he would accompany Brutus as they went through the wine storage rooms, or the grape fields.

Methos had stayed for a few days before making his leave saying he was going to meet up with McCleod in Seacouver. He had also said that he would be back in a few months.

The night Methos returned was the night of a rain and lightning storm. And the night Brutus comforted the oldest immortal in his grief. Duncan McCleod was dead.

"Godammit!" Methos roared as he threw a clock across the room. It hit the wall next to the doorway where Jim was standing. The sentinel flinched at the sound, but stood his ground.

"methos, calm down, its alright." Brutus said trying to grasp his teacher around the chest with his arms.

"He should have been the One. Dammit, fuck!" Methos continued. "I've always felt that he would be the One. And now this!"

"What's going on?" Jim asked.

Methos looked at the sentinel, "An immortal by the name of the Kurgan took Duncan McCleod's head two days ago."

Jim closed his eyes and shook his head, "I'm sorry, Methos." Jim said.

Methos nodded, "I thought for sure Duncan would be the last. He was so good, sometimes I thought too good. I once chided him for his chilvirous ways. Gods, I miss him." Methos slumped down in Brutus's arms, and the younger immortal helped Methos to one of the soft recliners.

"What's happening then, I've been out of touch?" Brutus asked.

"Its almost over." Methos whispered.

"What do you mean." Brutus asked.

"There are only sixteen of us left. And no sign that any others are going to be born."

"Sixteen." Brutus echoed, "Are you sure?"

Methos nodded, "It goes without saying that I'm the oldest, but if I were gone you would be the oldest, with the Kurgan a close second. Then Amanda. How she's still alive I'll never know. Duncan's young charge was also killed by the Kurgan, its what made McCleod go after him int he first place."

"Who else?" Brutus asked.

"Connor McCleod, a few you don't know. All still alive. Amanda and one other are the only women left." He said that last looking at Jim significantly.

"Fifteen. I can't believe we are so close. I'll probably not get to see the end, but it was a good run." Brutus said smiling.

"Was it?" Methos asked.

"You know after they killed me for murdering Caesar, I sometimes wondered if I wouldn't have been better off staying dead. Then you found me, and brought me into this little circle, this search we've had for centuries looking for the sentinel. All that time we searched, together or even apart I always thought that you would end up bonding the sentinel at some point. Now look, I'm the one that's bonded to him. But I don't think I'll be the last. I don't think I would stand a chance against the Kurgan."

"He's pretty good. I feel for humanity if he wins." Methos said.

Brutus looked at Jim who was still standing in the doorway leaning against the frame. He wasn't thinking of humanity at that moment. If the Kurgan won, then he would have Jim. After caring for both Jim and Blair, Brutus knew where his heart lie.

"You alright Jim?" Brutus asked looking at the pale face of the sentinel.

"Fifteen. Then it is almost over." Jim shivered at that. "I don't want to lose you both like I lost Blair."

Methos sighed, "I know. I've lived so damn long, I'm kind of terrified to die. I mean what happens afterwards."

Jim said nothing, not wanting to anwer the question even though he knew the answer. He wasn't sure Methos would believe him. It was kind of unbelievable even for an immortal.

"The Kurgan?" Brutus asked.

"New York. I think he's head hunting for McCleod. I don't know what the outcome will be. I was always partial to Duncan. Don't really know much about Connor."

"The others?"

"You know where they'll end up." Methos said.

Brutus nodded.

"Where?" Jim asked.

Brutus looked at the sentinel then said, "The prophecy said that the final battles would take place in the city of the sentinel's birth."

"Cascade." Jim breathed.

Brutus nodded. "In a month, we will head up there. The final battles must take place. Everyone will show up eventually. They 'll be lead there by some unexplainable force. And then the final battles will take place." Brutus said.

"I'm going to Seacouver in two days." Methos said. "McCleod left the dojo and his property to me, the gods only know why. I'll handle the final business, then meet you guys in Cascade."

"Alright, Teacher. Watch your head." Brutus said clasping his friends shoulder. "I'm calling it a night."

Methos and Jim watched Brutus leave the room.

"how are you doing?" Methos asked Jim.

Jim shrugged, "Alright. I'm going to bed too, g'night."

Methos watched the sentinel leave the room. He had seen Jim flinch away from both Brutus and himself since he arrived. *You've got alot of work ahead of you, Brutus. I hope you have enough time. For his sake.* With that thought Methos headed toward his won bed.

 

END ???