TITLE: The Maiden's Colt

AUTHOR: Stormwolf Dawn

FANDOM: The Sentinel

EMAIL ADDRESS: Stormwolf2000@hotmail.com

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.geocities.com/stormwolf_dawn/

RATING: NC-17

PAIRING: J/B

WARNINGS: Beastiality, rape

DATE:11/9/99

ARCHIVE: yes, please

SERIES/SEQUEL: Maybe

CATEGORY: AU

DISCLAIMER: Characters belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount, not me.

SUMMARY: A powerful wizard takes on guardianship of an unuasual 'child'.

Feedback, both public and private, is always appreciated.

 

THE MAIDEN'S COLT

By Stormwolf Dawn

The woman grunted and panted gripping the edges of the tree stump as the black unicorn stallion thrusted deep within the woman. The animal's front hooves were on either side of the stump that the woman lay face down over, her rounded ass in the air, her slick, wet vagina filled with the huge engorged penis of the black stallion. Blood from her virginhood dripped from her vagina. The stallion made huge thrusts causing the woman to groan from the pleasure and pain it produced. Finally, the beast came, filling the woman with his seed. Cum leaked from her vagina, and the woman collapsed on the stump.

The great black unicorn lowered his head, and snuffled the woman's hair affectionatley. She smiled at him, then groaned with the big beast removed his penis, and stepped back from her. On wobbly legs the woman stood up, cum and blood running down her thighs. She walked over to the magnificent stallion, and layed her hand on the beast's neck. The animal lowered its head and suckled on the woman's right nipple. The woman closed her eyes and groaned in ecstacy as the stallion nipped and suckled her entire breast and the firm little nub of her nipple. As the stallion suckled, the woman ran her hands up and down the stallion's neck. Opening her eyes, she saw the stallion's penis come out of its sheathe and grow in length and size.

"Again? " She asked smiling. The stallion bobbed his head. The woman went around and knelt beneath the stallion underbelly, and took as much of the penis into her mouth as she could. She then began to suck until the stallion came again, shooting his seed down her throat. She choked on the amount, and some of it leaked from the corners of her mouth, but she tried to swallow as much of the unicorn's cock as she could.

Sometime later, when both were sated, the woman lay once again face down ont he tree stump, and the stallion nuzzled her bidding her a fond farewell. The stallion then dissapeared into the forest.

PART TWO

The cottage was hidden deep within the Cascadian Forest. It was a small modest cottage with a thatch roof, and wooden walls. One fireplace and an iron stove kept the little cottage warm even during the coldest days. Outside the cottage was its single well, chicken coop, small barn shed complete with wooden pen where a goat, two sheep, and four pigs lived and the tree stump were the woman used a small handled axe to split logs of wood. When she had split the wood, she carried bundles of it over to the side of the cottage were a stack of split wood awaited the ones she held in her arms. A farm cat curled on top of the wood moved out of the way and began to stalk the chickens. The woman stacked the wood she had just split, then went over to the well with a bucket she picked up at her doorstep and walked over to the well to draw some water. As she brought up the rope, a small neigh caught her attention. She turned and smiled at the little black colt that ran out of the woods kicking up his hooves, the black horn that shined like opals spiralling from the colt's forehead. Halfway to her the unicorn changed and became a boy that looked fourteen years old but in reality was barely two.

"Mommy, mommy!" the little naked boy cried as he ran, laughter filling his voice.

She hugged Jimmy, then with a light swat to his bottom said, "Oh, Jimmy. Go put on some clothes." The little boy made a face at the mention of clothes, but went inside to do what his mother told him.

When he came back out, however, he wore only a woolen kilt. The cold mountain air never seemed to faze the half unicorn, half human boy. He took heat and cold in stride, and seemed annoyed by clothing.

Though the boy seemed fourteen, his mind was only a year old. And though he was half unicorn, and would no doubt live a very long time, unfortunately, his human body aged quickly due to the fact that for every year a unicorn lived, a human would age seven years. Grace did not understand. Part of unicorn magic, she supposed. But Jimmy's father had assured her years agon that the human body would stop aging when Jimmy reached five years. However, because he was part human his mind would mature like a humans. Luckily unicorns were virtually immortal, and according to Darksong, Jimmy's unicorn father, the boy had inherited that quality as well. Unicorns could be killed but only if the spiralled horn was cut off. And no self respecting unicorn would ever lower its head to a unhelpless human with a sword or axe in their hands.

Except in the case of Darksong, who had been lured out and captured by hunters who had bound the unicorn, then cut off his horn. the stallion had died instantly leaving only a pile of dust.

Jimmy helped his mother fill the bucket with water, then carried it inside. Once inside, Grace began to cook. Unicorns, unlike horses, were carnivores. They hunted and ate meat. They did not graze on grass and hay. So the eggs, and milk were acceptable to Jimmy's system. Unfortunatly, unlike unicorn mares, Grace had not continued lactating, and Jimmy was not yet of an age were he could be weaned. After all unicorns were not horses, as Darksong had been fond of saying.

The mixture of goat's milk, eggs and sugar were good for the growing unicorn colt. As they were eating, Jimmy suddenly cocked his head. The colt, like all unicorns, had heightened senses, and Grace knew the pose meant he was hearing something no one else could possibly hear.

"What is it, Jimmy?"

"Horses. Lots of 'em. Heading this way." Jimmy answered.

Grace turned pale. Suddenly even she could hear the pounding of hoofbeats, and the shouts of men. Picking up the axe, Grace went outside. Jimmy followed even though his mother had said to stay inside.

The men who rode into the clearing wore ragged clothing and rode mangy geldings, but they were armed. Two of them carried torches, one which threw his onto the thatched roof. The rest surrounded the boy and his mother. The leader smiled.

PART THREE

"Rafe slow down. I haven't got your long legs!"

Rafe, son of Lord Ryf, turned to look at the owner of the voice. Walking at a hurried pace to try and catch up with the young lordling was a short young man with long chestnut curls, and blue eyes wearing the robes of a Blue Wizard.

"Oh come, on, Master Blair. My mother will kill us both if we don't make it to dinner on time." Rafe practically whined.

Blair stopped to catch his breath in the middle of the streets of the city of Adus Ker. "I am not as young as I used to be." Blair complained.

Rafe laughed. Age was a running joke between the two of them. They had been friends since Rafe was a child. Blair, as one, if not THE, most powerful wizard in the kingdom was over three hundred years old, and still looked as if he was in his twenties. Blair had explained that magic tended to preserve magicians.

Blair wasn't sure what caught his attention, but something, perhaps a hand of one of the gods of fate, forced him to begin walking down a side alley that led to the slave market street. Rafe, jaw dropped open, shut his mouth and followed the mage.

"Blair," Rafe hissed, "What are you doing? This is the slave market's street. Are you crazy?"

Blair wasn't paying any attention to Rafe, however, for his gaze was focused on the hastily built stage where the slavemaster was attempting to control the small fourteen year old boy he had on the stage with him for sale. The boy was struggling fiercely with the ropes that bound his wrists, and growling and snarling at the slavemaster. The audience was laughing at the antics, but a small bid was started.

"Poor little mite." Rafe said shaking his head.

Blair nodded, and looked closely at the boy. And what he saw frightened him. The most powerful wizard in the Wizard's circle was shaking at the sight of the boy who with his mage sight transformed into a black unicorn colt. No one else saw the transformation because they did not have mage sight. They only say the small brown haired boy with blue eyes fighting his bonds.

Before he or Rafe realised what he was doing Blair called out, "Three hundred!"

The bidding ended right there.

Blair paid the slavemaster the three hundred, and man gladly handed over the rope that was attached to the boy's bound hands.

The boy looked at him with his icy blue gaze, eyes red rimmed from crying, fury written all over his face.

Blair untied the boy's wrists, and flung the rope away from them, and it burned to ashes in mid air. The boy's eyes widened at that and he swallowed back his fear and looked directly at Blair, "I will not lower my head for you, wizard."

Blair looked at him, "I don't expect that, boy. I bought you to protect you from those who would."

The boy looked confused.

"What's your name?" Blair asked.

"Jimmy." was all the boy said, and seemed to be all he planned to say as well.

Blair looked at Rafe, "I guess there's going to be one more for dinner."

Rafe just rolled his eyes and looked long suffering.

PART FOUR

Blair placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and steered him away from the slave market street, with Rafe following behind. Amazingly, the boy followed obediently.

"So Jimmy, where are your parents?" Blair asked.

The silence, and tear filled eyes gave Blair all the answer he needed, but the boy said, "They hurt mama. She kept screaming, and I tried to help her, but she made me promise not to change in front of the bad men."

"Change?" Rafe asked, "What does he mean by that Blair?"

"I'll explain later, but not here, on the streets."

Rafe nodded, and they continued their journey to Rafe's parents' home.

At the Inn they were staying at, Rafe went into the stable and had the stableboy saddle his and Blair's mounts.

When the stableboy brought out Stepper, and Blade, Rafe swung up into his gray's saddle. Blade pranced a bit, but Rafe kept a firm rein, and the stallion settled. Blair mounted Stepper, the blue roan gelding, and reached his hand out to Jimmy, who looked at the horse with a dubious expression.

"Come on, Jimmy. Its alright, Stepper doesn't mind you riding him."

Jimmy looked at the gelding's eyes, and saw the confirmation there, then took the mage's hand, who swung the boy up behind him on the roan's rump.

Blair clucked at the roan, and Stepper broke into one of his high stepping trots that gave him his name, and Rafe nudged his stallion to follow the blue roan.

Two sunlengths later, Rafe and Blair were riding into the courtyard of his father's manor. Servants came to take the horses, and Rafe, Blair and Jimmy dismounted handing over the reins. The servants looked at Jimmy curiously, but said nothing as they attended their duties.

Blair and Jimmy followed Rafe into the manor house where Rafe's parents awaited him.

"Rafe, what took you so long?" His mother asked hugging her son.

"I apologize, Mother, but Blair felt the need to buy something."

The woman, shorter than Blair with graying mouse brown hair, and brown eyes, looked at the mage curiously.

"What on earth did you buy?" Rafe's mother asked.

"Him." Blair answered guiding the boy to stand in front of him.

The woman's eyes widened, "A slave, why on earth..."

"He is not a slave, Lady Ryff. He is to be my apprentice."

Lord Ryff looked at his son, then at the mage, and finally at the boy.

"Then it is settled. Come, dinner is getting cold."

Blair smiled, Lord Ryff was a practical man. Smart, but simple at the same time.

"I will take my new apprentice upstairs, and see to his bath and changing into some clothes. We will join you momentarily." Blair said. Lord Ryff nodded.

Rafe followed them up the stairs as the boy whined that he didn't need a bath.

"Yes, you do. No argument, Jimmy." Blair said firmly.

"Blair, are you going to tell me what's going on."

"Rafe, I am sorry. I can't let your parents know. They are a bit too old fashioned and closed minded for comfort."

"Well, I hope you don't think I am."

"No, of course not, Rafe. I did have a hand in your education after all." Blair said with a smile as he motioned for one of the servants to fill a bathtub. Jimmy had his arms crossed over his chest and looked as if he were sulking.

Rafe laughed., "Alright, so what's all the secrecy."

Blair waved his hand and formed an invisible shield around them that would keep anyone from overhearing.

"Jimmy here is half unicorn." Blair answered as he helped the boy out of the dirty brown tunic he wore.

Rafe's eyes widened in shock, You're serious!"

"Yes. I am. I couldn't allow the boy to fall into the wrong hands."

Blair picked up Jimmy and set him in the filled bathtub. He than soaped a washcloth and began to clean the boy.

"Your right. A half unicorn human. The gods only know what kind of power he holds." Rafe said.

"Exactly. Though I don't know exactly how I am going to explain to your parents why little Jimmy here will grow up faster than normal."

"Huh, what do you mean?"

"Rafe, he's half unicorn. Though unicorns are immortal, they grow up from colts just like horses. Usually a unicorn can mature within three years, both mentally and physically. But the boy is also half human. His mental growth will parallel a human's, not a unicorn's. But his physical growth will be that of a unicorn."

"Which means exactly what..." Rafe asked feeling stupid.

"Jimmy, how old are you?" Blair asked the boy.

Jimmy held up two fingers, "Two." He said.

Rafe sat down on a nearby stool in shock.

PART FIVE

Three years later...

The wind blew in from the sea, the scent of salt and the slight feel of moisture riding with it. Banners whipped in the wind, the black wolf on blood red moving if it were running.

On the parapet of the Tower that was the home of the powerful wizard, Blair, stood a tall man wearing nothing but black breeches made of soft doeskin. Jimmy looked out onto the ocean, and laughed in the face of the wind, feeling the salty moisture settle on his sensitive skin.

"Jimmy! You better get your butt down here, boy, before I tan it!" The voice was that of an older woman who was standing beside the foot of the ladder that led through the trap door and up onto the parapet.

Jimmy thought about ignoring his Nanny, an old woman whom Blair had hired nearly three years ago to take care of Jimmy. The woman knew that Jimmy was half unicorn. She had not even blinked when Blair had explained what that would mean. Blair had declared many a times that she was a lifesaver, and a goddess to boot, especially on days were Jimmy was beyond hyper, and apt to cause mischief.

The tapping of a slippered foot, however, told Jimmy that she was dead serious. Sighing, the unicorn went to the trap door, and grasping both sides of the ladder, slid down it to the very bottom.

When he reached the ground, a swat to his butt from a hard hand made Jim turn to look at her.

"Sliding down that thing is dangerous. YOu could have hurt yourself. Now let em see your hands." The Nanny said.

Sighing yet again, Jimmy held out his large hands to her, palms up. Nanny knew of Jim penchant for getting hurt and never knowing it thanks in part to his ability to turn his senses up and down at will. Jimmy had once burned his leg against a hot iron,and had played for an hour before someone finally noticed the raw blistered burn on the boy's upper thigh. He still carried the scar. That had been about a year ago.

As she suspected there were scratched on the surface of his palms, and some splinters embedded within. Clucking to herself, the woman pulled the splinters from the boy's palms, then used a handkerchief to wipe the spotting blood.

"Go and wash your hands, then wait for me in the nursery." She ordered.

Jimmy huffed at that, but did as he was told.

The first year he had been with Blair, some three months after Blair bought him, the wizard had found the old Tower, and using his magic had fixed it up. Though he had claimed Jim as his apprentice, young Rafe was the one really being tutored in the field of magic. Jim didn't need to be taught magic. For unicorns it was instinctive. That first year, Jim had run away eight times. Blair had immediately found him using his magic, and returned him to the castle. The first time, Blair had explained to Jim that he couldn't leave. That he was Jimmy's guardian now. Jimmy had screamed at him saying that he was not his momma, and that Jim would go live with a herd. It was then that Blair had told him that there were no more unicorns left in the Northern forests where Jimmy had been born. Jimmy hadn't believed him, and Blair warned him not to try and runaway again for the next time he would be punished.

Blair had been true to his word, and the next time Jimmy ran, and was caught, Blair bent the boy over his knee and gave him a good spanking.

Apparently it had not been enough of a deterrent, for Jimmy had escaped again. And again. Each time the punishment was more. A spanking, no dessert, groundings. After the eighth time, Jimmy had practically given up. However that didn't mean that he never got into trouble. Unicorns were mischief, and Jimmy being only half was no exception.

And even though now, Jimmy looked like a grown man, he was only five. His height, and size did not deter his Nanny one bit. She still claimed to Blair and to Jimmy that she could still bend him over her knee. And she still did.

In his room, Jimmy washed his hands, and his Nanny, Elda, came inside. When his hands were dry, she looked them over to see if there were any more splinters still in the skin. Finding none, she nodded satisfied.

"You stay off the tower roof. You hear me young man. Its dangerous up there, you could fall."

"So" Jimmy said not understanding. If he fell then he would shapeshift to an eagle and glide to the ground, or soar into the air.

Elda sighed. Of course he didn't understand. The boy could be hurt, but felt little pain depending upon how his control was, but he was also a unicorn, and unless someone came along and sliced off the boy's horn, he would live forever.

Elda shook her head, "Nevermind. Just don't go up there."

Jimmy shrugged.

"Now, dinner will be ready in an hour, so wash up and get dressed. Blair is having guests over."

Jimmy gave a disgusted look. He hated clothes. They were to confining, and unlike his mother, Blair didn't allow him to run around nude or in just a kilt. After all, his mind may have been part adult part child thanks to his unicorn heritage, but his body was all adult.

Nanny left the room to give the unicorn privacy, and sent in the servants to fill the tub.

There were few servants at the Tower, and those that were there knew that Blair was a powerful wizard and that Jimmy was half unicorn. Blair had a binding spell on his servants which kept them from revealing any secrets they learned to anyone, even under torture. The servants had known the spell would be in place before they had hired on. They had accepted anyway.

Henri, Blair's head servant, came in to the nursery with the other servants who were filling the tub.

Jimmy looked at Henri. "What?" He asked.

Henri crossed his arms over his chest, "Elda wants me to make sure you take a bath this time. Your little trick of splashing water everywhere, and getting none on you won't work this time."

Jimmy just glared. Damn...he hated baths to.

CHAPTER SIX

After Jimmy took his bath, he dressed in his new black leathers. Doeskin sleeveless shirt, buckskin breeches, and boots all dyed a deep rich black. Henri escorted him down to the dining hall where he met with Blair and Rafe at the entrance doors.

Jim stood with his arms crossed, sulking. He would rather had been able to stay in his room, or go for a nice long gallop. Unfortunately, Blair did not let him go galloping outside the castle without Blair accompanying him on horseback. Which wasn't going to happen while Blair was hosting guests.

"Quit sulking, Jimmy." Blair said. Jim just glared at him. Blair sighed.

"Let's go inside." Blair said to no one n particular. He opened the doors and walked through the throng of guests with Jimmy and Rafe at his heels. Blair was wearing blue robes made of silk that signified his status as a wizard. Rafe wore a light blue tunic belted at the waist, and light blue loose fitting pants which signified his status as Blair's apprentice. Jim just looked dangerous, and his icy blue eyed gaze did nothing to change that. People stepped back from the tall man.

They moved up to the dias where a long rectangular table was set up. Down both sides of the hall below the dias were two other long rectangular tables in which his guests seated themselves. Servants carried in platters of food, and jugs of wine.

A man dressed in dark green robes sat on Blair's right. The man was tall with dark skin and eyes, and Jim could feel the power radiating from him.

The green wizard eyed Jim, "So this is your problem child, eh Blair. Your shield on him is good. Luckily very few wizards would be powerful enough to see through your shield to the truth beneath."

"You being one of them, eh Simon." Blair smiled.

"Of course." Simon said arrogantly.

Blair laughed. "Its good to see you old friend."

"And you Blair. When you sent the Council your letter on your little problem, I must say you caused quite a stir. There has never been a unicorn human born within any of the council's lifetime. And they've been around for centuries."

"So what have they decided?" Blair asked.

"Their afraid, Blair. The Snow Mountain herd is the last unicorn herd left. The lead stallion was killed eight months ago by trolls. The only colt born to that herd is even younger than this one." He said indicating Jim.

"Kincaid sent the trolls then."

"Of course. Kincaid's power is steadily growing. His master feeds him power, and every unicorn he kills weakens us. We can't protect them, Blair. When the last unicorn dies..." Simon trailed off shaking his head sadly.

"Then all magic dies." Blair finished.

Simon nodded. "He knows this. That's why he will kill everyone of them until there is only one left. And that one he will imprison for eternity and syphon off the beast's powers to continue his own."

"And Jim being half human is even more powerful than a full unicorn, even at his age."

"You think Kincaid will try and take your unicorn?" Simon asked.

"He's not my unicorn, Simon. He's my ward. I have to protect him until he's old enough to take care of himself."

"How old is he now?" Simon asked.

"Five. In fifteen more years he will gain full maturity, and full use of his powers. Kincaid will not be able to take him."

"I hope so. He may be our last hope to keep magic alive."

"He will."

"How long until he's sexually mature?"

"Ten more years. Why?" Blair asked.

"Do you have a good Healer here?" Simon asked his tone changing. Blair couldn't recognize it.

"Yes. Why? Simon what's going on."

"The colt of the Snow Mountain herd will be sexually mature before he is. If we are going to send him to live with the herd when he is old enough, we can't have him become a rival to the colt's dominance."

"By the Hundred Gods, what are you saying?" Blair's voice was full of shock.

"Blair you need to have him gelded before he reached sexual maturity. The Council has decreed it."

"NO! I refuse. There's no need for him to go to the herd. He can stay here."

"Blair, he's a unicorn. It doesn't matter that he's half human. Unicorns are herd animals. They need the herd to be safe. This," Simon indicated the castle, "is a poor substitute for a herd."

"He's been doing fine." Blair mumbled.

"Has he? He's been chafing at the bit, I'll bet. Fighting you every step of the way. He's a male unicorn. Eventually he will break free of whatever reins you have managed to place on him. He was born to be a stallion, and to be lord of the herd. That's not going to happen. It can't happen. If he stays here and you don't do it, what happens when your horses go into heat. What about the women here at your castle. Are you going to keep him locked up? That's cruel. Castration will calm him down, and keep that from happening. It won't hurt him any more than it hurts to castrate a bull calf, or a young racing colt. But you have to do it soon."

Blair placed his head in his hands trying to hide the tears.

************

Jim only half heard the conversation and understand little of it. He was more interested in his food, and annoyed by how his clothes felt. But then his sensitive hearing heard Blair's soft sobbing, and he wondered what had made his guardian so sad. Then he shoved THAT bit of sympathy out of his head. Sympathy for humans? For a wizard. Jim's father would be pawing the ground at that. Jim proceeded to ignore Blair for the rest of the evening.

Instead, he concentrated on the myriad of conversations that were floating around the room. He understood little of what anyone said, he just enjoyed the different tones and nuances of everyone's voice. Oblivious to his fate, Jim ate his raw venison, and drifted with the voices.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Salty waves crashed against his powerful legs as Jim galloped along the shore of the ocean. His heavily built body with its muscled forequarters, and large hooves with hairy fetlocks made one believe that Jim was a warhorse, bred for to carry a knight in heavy armor, but the spiraled horn shining like obsidian revealed Jim's true nature. Neighing, Jim picked up speed, running faster than any horse could ever hope to run.

From his seat on his own red sorrel gelding, Blair watched the young unicorn stretch his legs. It had been two years since Simon's visit and the decree from the Council, and Blair had yet to follow that decree hoping against hope that something would come up that would give him a reason good enough for the council not to have to geld the magnificent unicorn that raced along the shore before him. Though his human appearance remained the same, the unicorn body had filled out, and Jim looked like a full grown stallion.

Yet, he had not sexually matured, and in his mind and emotions, Jim was still a young child. Constantly getting into trouble like any young child, but because he was a unicorn trouble seemed to find him.

Three months back two trolls had been lying in wait for the young unicorn. They had attacked when Jim had snuck out of the castle grounds. The trolls had some magical protection, but were not impervious to physical attack.

Blair had found Jim triumphantly eating his attackers, tearing into the bloody meat with his teeth.

Blair had stopped him from eating the trolls since troll meat would make unicorns sick. Jim hadn't known that, and had been angry enough to attack Blair to protect his kills. Blair had to use a something he had sworn to himself he would never use. The bridle made of silver that Simon had gifted him with. The bridle had a a combination of spell from both human and unicorn magic, and once placed on the unicorn's head, had brought Jim to heel. Blair's arm still hurt form where Jim's hooves had broken it into four pieces. The Healer had saved his arm, but it was still healing.

When Jim had returned to his senses, he had pointedly not apologized for hurting Blair. He had still been angry that he wasn't allowed to leave the castle. He still considered himself a prisoner sometimes, not as a child. Even though he was reminded of it daily.

That night, the little troll meat JIm had eaten had made the young unicorn sick. Jimmy had spent most of the night vomiting, sweating, and cramping.

The Healer had been able to do nothing, and had told Blair to let it run its course.

Reaching down and patting the gelding's neck, Blair returned his mind to the present as he watched Jimmy shapeshift in mid stride to a black jaguar.

The beautiful black beast snarled and leaped through the sand. A huge leap into the air, and Jimmy shapeshifted at the height of the leap to a black eagle.

The bird flew high into the air. Blair watched. A glint from the eagle's leg had Blair wincing from guilt.

The troll attack had been the first of many, and the feel of trolls and other evil denizens within his territory had Jim on edge. He wanted to hunt them down and destroy them. Blair would try to stop him when the instincts would take over, but would only end up fighting Jim for dominance.

Blair found himself wishing more and more than he could shapeshift into a unicorn or at least a horse, and fight Jim one on one and show him who was the dominant one. It would calm the young stallion and force his instincts to acknowledge Blair as lead stallion.

To protect Jim, Blair had replaced the silver bridle, and had snapped it securly in place, and refused to remove it. Even the Nanny had begged Blair to remove it. Blair had held firm. Then he sent men armed with magical weapons, and protective spells to hunt down the trolls and other creatures that had been sent by Brackett. Until Brackett was stopped, Blair had no choice but to leave the bridle in place.

So when Jim shapeshifted to any of his other three forms, the bridle changed to fit the form. In eagle form it was a small silverband around one clawed leg, in jaguar form, a silver collar, and in human form it was a silver necklace that Jim called a collar and refused to acknowledge it as anything more than that. Sometimes the sight of it knotted Blair's stomach, but he left it in place. Because there was another alternative. Something that would keep Jim from becoming territorial, and dangerous. The Council's decree still weighed heavily on Blair's mind. In a choice between two evils, the lesser and less permanent seemed to be the better choice.

PART EIGHT

The old Grimoire was huge and worn with age, but the spell on it that prevented the words from fading was still in place. Blair stood before the tall wooden stand that held the old book, and carefully read through it.

"Shapeshifting for a human magician is dangerous." Blair read aloud mostly to himself, "Since the human mind cannot really fit into that of a beasts, the magician risks brain damage, and the inability to return to human form."

Blair snorted, "Well no shit, tell me something I don't know." He told the book not really expecting it answer.

However, he wished it would. It was so damn frustrating. Shapeshifting would take care of the problem, but even Blair, the most powerful wizard couldn't risk it. Closing the tome with more force than necessary, Blair cursed and walked out of the library.

Frustrated, Blair went down to the stables. A nice long ride would help to settle his nerves and perhaps allow him to think.

At the stables, Blair saddled his new red mare by himself. Jaem, his head stablemaster, stood leaning against one of the stalls watching as Blair saddled the mare.

"I just don't know what to do, Jaem." Blair said.

"I know a good animal Healer who could do it." Jaem said.

"No. That is the absolute last resort. There has to be another way. But other than shapeshifting, I just don't know what to do."

Jaem looked uncomfortable, squirming about, opening his mouth as if it to say something, then closing it.

"Okay, Jaem, spit it out. You have an idea, let's hear it."

So Jaem told him.

************

"By all the gods, I can't believe I am actually contemplating this." Blair said as he looked over the spell he would need. Beside him, Rafe was sitting patiently on a stool.

"Its a good idea," Rafe put in.

"Its a damn good idea...I just don't like it." Blair continued. "Aaah shit, I'm completely out of griffon's blood."

"No your not. Remember, you had me collect some when Jimmy killed that one that decided that it wanted to roost on the tower."

"Oh yeah, I did forget that. Looks like I have all the ingredients. And this is the easy part."

"Its still a good idea, and its a lot less horrible than the idea of gelding him."

"Your right it is. I just can't seem to work my mind around it. Oh well. Let's get started on the spell. Go and get me that griffon' blood, some fennel root, ram horn dust..." Blair began rattling off the ingredients, and Rafe went to work collecting them all from the shelves that line the walls of the spell room, handing them to Blair who poured the correct amounts into the small black pot on his work table. *Oh man, I hope this works.*

PART NINE

Blair looked over at Rafe who was carrying the pot that Blair had used to make the components for the spell. "I'm still not sure this is a good idea." He said for what seemed the thousandth time.

Rafe rolled his eyes as they walked down the corridor. "I know." He said sarcastically.

Just that moment, Jimmy came bounding up the stairs. "Eww, what's that smell. Gross." Jimmy said wrinkling his nose. "Your spells are always stinky."

Blair grinned, "That's how I know I did it right."

"Yeah, right. Whatever. What are you planning to do with that anyway?" Jim asked.

"Its just a spell I am trying." Blair said.

Too young to be suspicious, Jim just shrugged, and finished his climb up the stairs.

"Stay off that damn Tower!" Blair yelled up to Jim.

"Fuck you." Jimmy said and disappeared down the upper corridor.

"Jeez when did that kid get that mouth." Rafe said shaking his head.

"I don't know but it needs to be washed out. Take the potion to the stable. Jaem will have everything ready for you. I am going to go get Jim." And with that Blair headed up the stairs.

He found Jim exactly where he had told the unicorn not to be. "Where in the world did you learn a word like that?" Blair asked.

"Fuck you." Jimmy said.

"Keep talking like that, and I will bend you over my knee." Blair said.

"Just try it." Jim said. "Your not my dam, or sire. Leave me alone, and let me go."

"So the trolls can get you." Blair said.

"I kill trolls, they do not hurt me." Jim said arrogantly.

"Jim, I am only trying to help you. If your dam were here she would be teaching you things like not eating troll meat, and how to fend for yourself. That's what I am trying to do."

"NO!!!! She isn't here because your kind killed her!!!! They hurt her and they killed her, just like they did my sire. I will not lower my head for you or anyone!!!" Jim shouted. "So fuck you!!!!"

Blair had always backed up what he said he would do, and not matter that Jim was angry. Jim was always angry, and Blair was calm in the face of Jim's anger. In his calmness, he reached out with his hand and his power and grasped Jim's arm. The power flared, and the unicorn could do nothing to stop Blair as he took the recalcitrant colt over his knee, pulled down Jim's pants exposing the bare human butt and whacked that butt with his hand hard.

Jim, unable to fight back, screamed at him. It hurt, even though Jim had his senses dialed down, but mostly it was the humiliation. Nakedness did not bother him. He had always hated clothing, but having Blair spanking him was humiliating to the big young colt.

When he was done, and Jim's butt was a bright red, Blair released the colt. When the power faded, Jim shoved Blair, who nearly fell off the top of the Tower, then shifted to an eagle and flew to the ground, where he shapeshifted back to human form now completely nude, his butt still red and sore. Blair stood up, then stepped off the Tower and his power floated him down. Jim watched him.

"Take this off." Jim said pulling on the necklace, "I am leaving."

"Where are you going to go."

"The Snow Mountains. I will challenge the other one and take his place. You will not geld me, whatever that is, and you will not keep me here."

"You can't go. You are not old enough to challenge the stallion. And you are half human."

"I am to. I am old enough. Take it off!!"

"No." Blair said calmly.

In anger Jim transformed again, and the huge unicorn reared up and tried to strike out at Blair with his hooves, but Blair tightened the magic and Jim only struck the ground.

At that moment, Jaem and Rafe came out of the stable. Jaem was carrying a saddle, and Rafe a bridle.

"NO!!!!" Jim screamed, and tried to get away. But the magic refused to let him. He reared again, but could do nothing. Blair took the saddle from Jaem.

Jim's body shuddered when the saddle was placed on his back. He could smell the concoction that Blair had made all over the saddle. Blair tightened the straps. As he did so, he rubbed his hand over Jim's proudly arched neck and whispered soothingly. Jim only became angrier and bared his teeth. He tried to snap at Blair, but missed.

Rafe handed Blair the bridle solemnly. Blair took it and tried to place it over Jim's nose. The stallion refused to open his mouth for the cold metal bit. But Blair was stubborn, determined to do this in the hope that gelding the magnificent colt could be avoided. He could not challenge Jim as a unicorn, but he could challenge Jim as a man. And as a man, he forced the bit into Jim's mouth, and buckled the bridle into place. Placing the reins over Jim's neck and onto the saddle horn, BLair placed one boot into the stirrups and swung his leg over the saddle until he was mounted on the colt.

Jim neighed angrily, baring his teeth, pawing the ground.

With a flick of his wrist, Blair removed the silver halter and thus removing his power over Jim.

That was all Jim needed. Rearing angrily, Jim began to buck, and twist, doing his best to remove the rider on his back.

Blair hung on for dear life, knowing that if he lost this battle, Jim would surely kill him, and leave. Blair had no doubts that Brackett would then catch Jim, and use him to destroy the last of the unicorns. Blair used all the skill his father had taught him to stay on Jim's back as the big unicorn colt bucked and reared.

It took several hours, and Blair had never been so sore in his life, but finally Jim reached exhaustion. The big colt stood legs splayed, head down, nose nearly touching the ground. Sweat lathered the black flanks, withers, chest and rump. Blair was still in the saddle, shaking nearly as bad as Jim.

The spell on the saddle and bridle had hampered Jim's shapeshifting abilities, and Jim had been unable to shift to any other form. It was a powerful spell.

Blair reached down and patted and rubbed Jim's neck as the unicorn panted heavily. Rafe and Jaem came up to them.

"You did good, Blair. I'll call for Megan to come out. She'll be able to do something about those sore legs so you'll be ready to do this again tomorrow." Jaem said.

Blair looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"Blair, do you really think it would take only once. You have to keep doing this until the day comes when you mount him and he does not fight you. That could take days or even weeks."

Blair moaned as his abused legs made themselves known.

Slowly, Blair slid from the saddle and took the reins over Jim's head. Jim's blue eyes watched Blair's every movement, anger flashing through the exhaustion. Blair walked toward the stable and Jim followed.

Inside the stable, Blair removed the saddle, but kept the bridle in place as he rubbed Jim down thoroughly. Unlike regular horses, Jim was in no danger of foundering. He used curry brushes and brushed the colt's dark coat while Jim stood silent and still, exhaustion having calmed him for the moment. As Blair brushed the shiny coat, tears fell down his face. Jaem was cleaning the saddle of sweat, drying it off. When Blair was done, Jaem brought the saddle over. Blair placed it back on Jim's back, and tightened the straps, but left them loose enough that they would not encumber the colt. He then removed the bridle, taking the bit out of Jim's mouth. He then rubbed down the colt's nose, stroking the velvety hair. Rafe handed him another halter, this one also covered int he potion. Blair placed it over Jim's nose buckling into place, then removed the saddle. Snapping a lead to the halter, Blair led Jim to one of the empty stalls that had been cleaned for this purpose. Leading Jim into the stall, Blair closed and locked the heavy oak door, then removed the lead. The trough was filled with water, and the bucket filled with raw, bloody meat that Jim devoured quickly.

Blair turned to leave but stopped when Jim said, "You will not win. I will never stop fighting."

With that said, Blair scrubbed at his eyes, rubbing the tears away, then walked out of the stable.

Tomorrow was another day.

PART TEN

True to his word, Jaem brought Megan, the Healer, who managed to ease the soreness of Blair's thighs and butt, and gave him a potion to help him sleep that night. Morning came much to quickly for Blair. He himself took the raw bloody meat to the stable and dumped it into Jim's feed bucket. The big colt wolfed down the meat and glared at Blair with his light blue eyes.

Blair hardly ate. He was to busy getting an earful from Jim's Nanny, who was mightily upset at the turn of events.

It was Jaem who rescued him. "Leave him be woman. Or would you rather I call for Master Taggert to come geld the colt. This is the only way. Now let him eat in peace."

The Nanny burst into tears and fled the room.

Two hours after breakfast, Blair went into the stable. He snapped a lead to Jim's halter and brought him out of the stall. Tying it to a hitching post, Blair then proceeded to place the saddle on Jim's back, then removed the halter to replace the bridle and bit.

If Blair had thought that the ride the day before had been difficult, it was nothing compared to what Jim did now.

The colt used every trick known to horses to remove his rider, and some that a horse just couldn't perform. He rolled over twice hoping to dislodge Blair, but Blair just moved flawlessly, leaping off and then getting right back on before Jim could regain his hooves. Jim did several backflips that would have broken a real horse's back, and nearly broke Blair's.

Eventually the colt slowed down, and exhaustion set in, until finally Jim quit trying to dislodge Blair and stood covered in sweat and nearly close to collapse.

When Blair slid off, he turned his head and puked, his stomach churning from the jarring it had taken.

The rest of the day, Blair spent making sure that Jim was taken care of, while he himself was given a massage by Megan to ease the bruised and battered muscles.

The days blurred into one another, until Blair hardly recognized any of them. He ate when food was brought to him, drank when it was given to him. He went through normal daily activities without really thinking about them. The only event that occurred each day that Blair's mind was fully trained upon was when he seated himself in the saddle. Everything else melted away and he concentrated on remaining seated, ignoring the curses that Jim had begun to level at him. Blair hardly noticed that the curses got fewer and that the ride became smoother until the day he realised that Jim was running full tilt along the sandy beach, not bucking, or rearing, not trying to dislodge his passenger, but running. And he realised with a heavy heart and a sore body that he had won.

Though the battle was won, the war still waged. Two weeks after Jim had finally stopped fighting having Blair upon his back, Jim was reinstalled in the castle and allowed to shift from form to form. Though Jim did not try to run away, he still broke rules every so often just to do it. Blair never used the saddle for punishment. He wanted Jim to enjoy the rides they had together. So one day he had Jim come with him down to the stable. Behind the stable, they built a huge bonfire. Jaem came out of the stable carrying a beautiful saddle dyed a deep black with silver buckles, and a black leather bridle and bit to match. Blair carried the other saddle, the bespelled one which he hand to Jim, and nodded toward the fire. Jim smiled and with his strength, threw the saddle with the bridle hanging on the horn into the fire. He then shifted to his unicorn form, and Blair placed the new saddle on his back, and the new bridle on his nose, bit in mouth, and mounted up.

That day they rode for hours, along the beach, through the surrounding forest, and even into the nearby town with people watching in amazement.

It was Jim himself, taught by Jaem, who took care of the saddle and bridle. Cleaning the leather carefully, oiling the saddle, and learning to fix any broken pieces. And it was Jim who often as not initiated the long rides they took together. Some days Jim would come up to Blair, nuzzle his back or chest, then present in invitation for Blair to mount and ride, sometimes bareback, sometimes with the saddle.

Then one day, Blair discovered that Jim could easily get jealous. Blair, needing to go into town, saddle up the roan mare with Rafe saddling his grey gelding. Blair mounted up, as did Rafe and they rode outside the stable only to have Jim appear.

Jealous anger drove Jim to bite the mare, who wisely backed down from the bigger colt. The mare squealed in pain when Jim used his hooves to drive her back, angry that Blair would ride her.

"Jim, what the hell!!" Blair shouted trying to calm the mare.

"YOU RIDE ONLY ME!" Jim screamed his blue eyes burning like fire.

And Blair suddenly realised the problem. He leaped off the mare's back, and threw the reins to Rafe who caught them neatly.

"Okay, Jim. I'm sorry. Your right, I ride only you. Its okay now." As Blair spoke in the soothing voice, he reached out and petted Jim's proudly arched neck. His touch and voice soothed the big colt, and finally Blair turned and told Rafe to bring Jim's saddle. Rafe nodded. He dismounted form his own grey gelding, grounding the reins, then led the mare inside to be cared for by Jaem. Rafe then returned with the black saddle and bridle.

Still speaking in a soothing tone, Blair placed the bridle on Jim's nose. The colt eagerly opened his mouth to take in the cold metal bit, and stood still as Blair buckled the straps in place. Blair then placed the saddle on Jim's back, and mounted up. He nodded to Rafe who mounted on his gelding, and together they rode into town.

From that day forward, Blair never again rode any of his other horses. If he had somewhere to be, Blair would ride Jim, or he would Travel using his magic. Blair understood that as much as he controlled and owned Jim, Jim also owned him, and could become extremely jealous. Blair was to find just how jealous Jim could become. Five years later....

"Oh yeah, yeah, that's good, harder, Blair, harder..."

Blair thrust his hips in a strong fast rhythmn, his large leaking cock pumping in and out of the woman's wet pussy, as the blonde woman lay stood on hands and knees and panted, Blair hands gripping her large breasts.

They were o focused on their fucking, neither one noticed the large black eagle that glided in through the window and landed on a wooden perch.

The eagle cocked its head, blue eyes staring at the scene before him on Blair's bed. The eagle turned its head upside down to get a better look, then fluffed his feather, head shaking.

The woman, grunting and groaning, opened her eyes and saw the magnificent eagle staring at them in the mirror.

"Blair..ugh...Blair," She said between poundings of Blair's cock into her already sore pussy. "Blair...mmm...there's.... maaaahhh.... bird....mmmmoooooooh...."

"Hmmm." Blair said as he pounded away. He looked up and saw in the mirror above his bed Jim, in eagle form, staring at them. Blair cried out as he came, seed spilling inside the woman, their cries echoing together.

Jim flared and hissed at the sound, beating his wings in agitation.

Blair pulled his now sticky cock from the woman and stood up making a shooing motion with his arm. "Jimmy, get out here!" He said.

The eagle hissed.

"Go on, get out of here. Now!"

Jimmy still refused to move, and his focus turned to the woman, and he bated and hissed, feather flaring.

"Jim, I am going to get a hickory switch if you don't fly off, now."

Jimmy cocked his head and looked at Blair. Blair had only just started calling him Jim instead of Jimmy, and he was surprised Blair had used it them. Jim launched himself from the perch and flew out the window.

Blair turned to the woman, "Sorry about that, Cassie."

"Its alright," the woman said as she began gathering her clothes. She then picked up the money on the nightstand that Blair had left for her, then left.

Blair watched her leave. He rarely used whores, but sometimes a man, even a wizard, needed a good fuck. Blair stood up and washed his cock and groin area clean with a washcloth from the basin at his nightstand. When he was done, Blair dressed and went downstairs.

********

Jim listened to the stablehands from his perch on the loft.

"Mmmm...now there's a whore I wouldn't mind sticking my dick into." John, one of the stable hands said as he watched the woman that Blair had been wih leave.

"See how she was walking. Blair must have mounted her and rode her good and hard." The other stablehand, Dorn, said.

Jim cocked his head and watched the woman walk down the road, his eyes zooming in on her. Jim screeched, and took off in a flurry of feathers, startling the stablehands as he flew out of the barn an began to circle one of the towers.

"Shit that was Jimmy. You think he heard?" John asked.

"Duh, shit for brains, of course he heard us."

"We aein't supposed to be talking like that around the kid."

"So? Get over. Kid probably didn't understand a word we said. Now get back to work. The stalls aein't cleaning themselves."

Jimmy circled the tower, then glided into Blair's window. He shifted to human form, standing at six foot two inches, and inhaled the strange scent coming from the bed. His blue eyes took in the rumpled mess. At ten years, Jim was slowly coming up toward sexual maturity. At his age, Jim was like a young teenager, sexual stirrings and urges cropping up ever so often. The smell of the sheets was causing his own cock to stir, but Jim ignored it, not understanding. Instead he shifted to jaguar form and flowed down the stairs tracking Blair's scent.

PART 12

Blair received no warning until he felt the large weight fall on his back knocking him to the ground. The growl in his ear told him the identity of his attacker.

"Jim!!" Blair shouted. "What the hell..."

The wizard felt the form on his back shift, and then felt strong human hands grip his arms. "You ride only me!" Jim growled in his ear.

Shocked, Blair turned his head to see the anger and jealousy in the unicorn's eyes. "What?" He was confused. "I haven't ridden any of the horses..."

He was cut off by Jim vehement voice, "You rode her!"

Finally something clicked in Blair's brain. But why Jim would think that Blair had been riding her was beyond the wizard's grasp. "Jim, get off me, now." Blair tried to make his voice firm.

Jim got off but not before growling once more, "You ride only me!"

*Jeez, we gotta get this kid over his jealousy.* Blair thought. "Look, Jim I wasn't riding her. She's not a horse or a unicorn. I wasn't riding her."

"You rode her. They said so. You rode her."

*They? Hmmmmm...who in the hell was talking like that around Jim.* That made Blair angry. He had told all the servants to treat Jim like a child, which he was, which meant not talking to him or around him as if he was an adult. Especially about sex. "Who said?" Blair asked.

Jim got angry, "It doesn't matter! You rode her!"

"Jim she's a human!"

"So am I. You ride only me!"

"I wasn't riding her! I swear."

Jim suddenly became frustrated. Blair knew that look. Sometimes Jim's ancient unicorn instincts warred with his young fragile emotions, and Jim would get frustrated, unable to communicate the emotions. A frustrated unicorn was not a good thing.

Jim shifted to eagle form and flew up into the high ceiling of the castle, flying in circles, frustration mounting.

"Jim. Come on, I'm sorry. But I wasn't riding her, I promise."

*"Then what where you doing???"* Jim mind sent.

"Its called sex Jim. Mating."

*"You mated with her?"*

"Yes. We mated. No riding involved. Okay."

"*Why mate?*"

*Oh jeez kid, you would have to ask.* "Why did I mate with her, or why do we mate?"

"*Both*"

"We mate to have children. But its also pleasurable. It is fun. Do you see?" Blair had been hoping that this particular conversation wouldn't come up for years yet.

The eagle that was Jim landed, and Jim returned to human form. "No. You ride only me." And with that Jim became the jaguar and stalked out of the room.

"Shit." Blair said dropping his face into his hands. "How can this get worse."

"Hell, Blair don't say that. You'll curse yourself." Rafe said as he walked into t he room.

"Did you hear?" Blair asked.

"Yeah, I did. Kid's got a major complex about this riding thing. He goes ballistic if you even pet a horse."

"I know. And now I may have to curtail my sexual activities just to keep him from killing my lovers!"

"You could..."

Blair forestalled him with a raise palm, "No, I refuse to even go there. It is completely unethical. For all that he looks like an adult, he's still just a kid. I refuse to get into a sexual relationship with him just because he's jealous of my lovers. It IS wrong."

Rafe shrugged, "Its your choice. But eventually he'll mature, and he won't be a kid any more. What are you going to do then?"

"He's quit trying to run off. He only gets stubborn every now and then. I think the riding has done the job for us."

"I hope so."

****************

Outside the castle Jim changed from jaguar to his true form and stomped around the stableyards. The horses in the pen began to get nervous, sensing the young stallion's agitation. The stablehands stayed clear of Jim, and the unicorn ignored them.

Suddenly Jim stopped, nostrils flared, ears perked forward.

On the road a dust storm stirred, and revealed a rider coming at top speed.

Jim watched as the rider came closer, then shook his mane.

The stablehands rushed out to greet the rider, who was dressed in Royal purple and blue. An Emperor's messenger.

The rider halted his lathering horse in front of the stablehands. He swung out of the saddle, his eyes widening at the sight of Jim, but then training overcame him, and he spoke. "I have a letter for Wizard Blair."

Jim stepped forward. "I'll show you the way." He said still in his true form. The messenger stared in shock, then reasserted himself following the unicorn into the castle.

Inside Blair and Rafe were still in the parlor when Jim trotted in followed by the messenger.

The courier did his duty presenting the wax sealed letter with the Imperial mark in the purple wax. Blair took it then had Rafe take the man to the kitchens to see about getting the courier some food. When they left leaving only Jim and Blair, the wizard opened the letter and read it.

"I've been invited to the Imperial Palace of the Rising Sun for the celebration of the Emperor's son and Heir's eighteenth birthday." Blair mused.

"That's great." Rafe said as he came back in having heard Blair's comment. "We are going, right?"

"As if I have a choice. You don't turn down the Emperor even if you are a powerful wizard." Blair said.

"So when do we leave?"

"At the earliest, perhaps day after tomorrow. At the latest, we could leave next week and still make it in time."

"Why don't we just Travel?" Rafe asked.

"Because for something like this you are expected to bring a proper entourage, and there is no way I can Travel an entourage."

"Sounds like a long trip." Jim commented.

Blair looked at the unicorn. There was still a hint of jealousy int he blue eyes, but there was also an eagerness. "Yeah. should take us about a fortnight, maybe longer depending on the weather and conditions of the road."

"Then you will ride?" Jim asked.

Blair almost laughed. Jim didn't care where they were going so long as Blair planned to ride Jim, "Yes, Jim. I will ride."

Jim smiled as only a unicorn can, "Good. No need to kill her then." And with that Jim trotted out of the room.

"You think he was serious?" Rafe asked.

Blair looked at Rafe, "When have you known Jim to joke about something. Unicorns are always serious."

Rafe's eyes got wide.

PART 13

One week later...

Blair stepped out into the courtyard pulling on his leather riding gloves with Rafe walking beside him. In the courtyard several wagons drawn by heavy horses, and riders on long legged hunter horses awaited them. The caravan held mostly servants, with a few of the hostlers, and seven guards. At the head of the caravan standing proudly with his neck arched, tail held high wearing the silver worked black leather saddle and bridle was Jim. Beside Jim, Rafe's grey gelding was being held by one of the stableboys. Blair could tell that Jim was making it a point to ignore the gelding.

When they reached the unicorn, Blair mounted up into the saddle easily, Rafe following into his own horse.

Once Blair was in the saddle, Jim pranced a bit, eager to be off. Blair patted the colt's proud neck soothingly, then raised his arm to signal the caravan moving.

They stopped at noon to rest the horses, and themselves. Jim took the respite to hunt, bringing back a deer which he eagerly devoured. Several of the servants managed to loose their lunch watching as the unicorn tore into the large buck he had killed, swallowing raw bloody pieces whole....in human form no less. Rafe told Blair later that he thought Jim had done that deliberately. Blair agreed.

When they stopped for the evening, Jim curled up before the fire in human form, and watched the flames, eyes half shut dreamily. Blair had set up a tent for himself and Rafe, and the others had either slept in the wagons or on the ground in sleeping rolls.

Morning found them back on the road, with Jim trotting and prancing, full of energy and eagerness.

By the afternoon, Jim was prancing and shying in agitation. Blair began to notice.

"Easy, Jim." Blair said patting the unicorn's neck, "What's wrong."

Jim shook his head, then stopped suddenly. Behind them the wagon train halted.

Jim began to paw the ground digging deep furrows into the hard packed road, lowering his head in battle readiness, glistening black horn parallel to the ground.

"Trolls." Jim snarled, and Blair sat up straighter and began to search the area with his Sight.

"Dammit, they're shielded. Godsdamm Kincaid." Blair shouted angrily.

Rafe searched with his Sight but found nothing, "Blair what is it?"

"An army. A damn army of trolls shielded from Sight. I wouldn't have seen them except that I was actively searching for them. We are surrounded."

The guardsmen drew their swords, but Blair knew that it was a useless gesture. "There must be a least a thousand trolls, all armed, and all hungry."

Jim snorted, then reared suddenly trumpeting a challenging neigh. It took everything Blair had to stay in the saddle.

"Jim, there is no way in hell you can take them all on! We'll be slaughtered!"

"Is there anything you can do?" Rafe asked.

"The shield gives them marginal protection against magic. I would be lucky to destroy half of them before it drained me."

Then Blair felt it. A build up of power, and Blair turned to look at Jim's horn that was suddenly glowing a deep purple. Then a backwash of energy, and a blinding light.

When it died down, Blair looked around in shock. They were no longer on the forest rode. Instead the entire caravan stood on a grassy hill overlooking the Imperial City.

Blair's mouth dropped in shock.

"What happened?" Rafe asked.

Blair looked down at the unicorn who was now covered in foaming sweat, "Jim...he teleported us away." Blair said in shock.

"What! But I thought that a unicorn couldn't do that until..." Rafe trailed off.

"Until they were mature." Blair finished.

Part 14

Beneath him, Blair felt Jim shudder and the mage recovered from his chock to turn his attention to the unicorn. Jim was covered in sweat, his head hung nose nearly touching the ground. Blair quickly dismounted and began to strip the tack from Jim’s exhausted body. He removed the saddle first then took off the bridle. Once that was done he removed his own cloak and began to rub the big unicorn down. Jim stood silent, too exhausted to even shapeshift to human form. Rafe shouted orders to the caravan to set up camp and servants rushed to obey. A servant took Rafe’s horse so the apprentice could help Blair with the unicorn. Blair, a hand on Jim’s powerful shoulder, led the unicorn off of the road and to a patch of grass where he coaxed Jim to lay down. The exhausted unicorn did so and Blair covered the unicorn with his cloak. It wasn’t long before Jim fell into a deep sleep.

Camp was set up quickly and Blair sent a servant with a message to the Emperor explaining why they were early and where they were camped.

An hour before night fell, the servant returned on a fresh horse provided by the Imperial stables, and a message for Blair.

In the message the emperor bid him welcome, and spoke a bit about the growing problem concerning the trolls and Brackett, then said he was looking forward to meeting Blair.

Blair had to yet to meet the current Emperor. He had met the man’s father, grandfather, ad great grandfather before them, and helped the great great grandfather fight against the Malkorian’s and their dark wizards.

Jim woke up refreshed in the middle of the night. Refreshed and very hungry. He shapeshifted to jaguar form and went hunting.

In the morning everyone was greeted to a human Jim, sitting nude in front of the dying fire, munching eagerly on a bloody leg bone. Several servants started that morning loosing their dinner in the bushes while Jim laughed inwardly.

Blair was not amused. "Your body maybe mature but obviously your mind needs to catch up." He said to the unicorn, who only grinned at him, fresh blood dripping from his mouth and chin. "Go get clean up and put some clothes on."

"I’m still eating." Jim said and tore another chunk of raw meat from the leg bone with his teeth and began chewing.

"You ate a whole elk. How can you still be hungry. Your just doing this to make the servants sick. I know you think it is funny, but its not."

Jim just glared and swallowed another piece of meat. "I am hungry." He said then finished off the meat from the bone. When he started to lick the bone clean, Blair reached over and took it from him. "Enough. Even Rafe is throwing up in the bushes. I am expecting the Emperor to show up today. Go clean up and either get dressed or change your form. But I will not have a naked man running around the camp."

Jim frowned, but did as he was told. He went to the river, and washed the blood from his face and body.

As he ran the cold water across his body, Jim noticed something different about himself. His penis as Blair had told him what it was, reacted funny when his fingers touch it.

Curious, Jim rubbed his finger over the shaft and purred at the pleasure it brought, surprised when he noticed it getting bigger. Afraid that something was wrong, Jim stopped rubbing himself.

"Don’t worry, it only a natural reaction." Blair said, and Jim turned his head to look at the mage.

"Why is it growing?" Jim asked.

"Because its filling with blood." Blair answered. "Its just part of being mature. Your penis is used for mating, to impregnate a female."

Jim remembered when he had caught Blair mating with the woman. "When you ride a woman?" Jim asked.

"Its not that kind of riding." Blair said pissed of that someone had said that where the unicorn could hear. He never did find out who.

Jim was confused, "You rode her. To mate with her. But you ride only me."

"Jimmy, its not the same. I ride you, but I mated with her. Its not the same."

"How? How do you mate?"

Oh man! Why did this question have to come up now! Blair thought..

"Uhm, well. You uh, you put your uhm penis, uh inside a woman." Blair said hoping the unicorn would understand.

"But I saw Damion riding Rafe. Damion said it was mating not riding. Rafe isn’t a woman." Jim asked.

Damion was one of Blair’s soldiers.

"Uhm, well mating is also for, uhm, pleasure, and also its what you do when you love someone."

"Then you loved her!" Jim said suddenly getting angry and jealous.

"No! Calm down, Jimmy. I mated with her for pleasure, nothing more. Sometimes a man had the need to mate for pleasure. That’s all."

Jim looked at him trying to judge for himself if Blair was telling the truth. Then he suddenly transformed to unicorn form, and walked out into the stream to drink basically ignoring the wizard.

Glad that Jim was done with the questioning session, Blair walked back to camp.

A few hours later, a trumpet announced the arrival of the Emperor.

Blair waited by the road with Rafe at his side as they watched the procession come into view.

The Emperor rode at the Head of the column, riding a white war mare with a long mane and tail. The mare wore shiny gold armor that covered her breast and forehead.

Riding beside the Emperor was the Emperor’s CrestBearer who rode on a red sorrel gelding carrying the Emperor’s banner. On the Emperor’s left was the Imperial Hand, the Emperor’s bodyguard and chief advisor.

The procession halted, and the servants and Rafe all knelt. Blair stood bowed his head. Jim, back in human form wearing black leathers, just stood with his arms crossed ignoring the glare from the Hand. The Emperor never noticed. Instead he looked at Blair.

"I suppose its too much to ask for you to kneel." The Emperor asked Blair.

Blair shrugged. "You would make this old man kneel in the dust."

"Old man, my arse. You’re maybe the oldest man alive, but you still look like a young man just barely off his mother’s apron strings." The Emperor said jovially.

"Perhaps." Blair answered.

"And him?" The Emperor asked his chin nodding in Jim’s direction.

"Doesn’t kneel in the dirt for a fucking human." Jim growled.

The Hand’s eyes widened at the blatant disrespect. His hand went to his sword, but the Emperor laid his own hand on the man’s shoulder.

"I thank you for wanting to protect my honor, but if I am right, then I doubt you have much of a chance against the young man." The Emperor said, then turned to look at Blair, "Simon told me about your problem child. I assume this is the person of whom he speaks."

"Yes. This is Jim." Blair said.

"He looks older than his actual age which if I recall is close to ten years. I see the gelding hasn’t improved his temperament. Unless of course this is an improvement in which case I would hate to see how he was before."

Blair lowered his head, "Actually, Your Excellancy, we never gelded him."

The Emperor looked at him in shock. "I would never have thought that you would disobey the Council. Even I obey their orders and I am not a wizard."

"It wasn’t an order I was comfortable with. I will deal with the Council when the time comes."

The Emperor shook his head, "Well, in that case I will have him kept away from my mares. Its close to the breeding season."

"He does not stay in the stables, Your Excellancy. He is not a horse, or a beast."

The Emperor looked at Blair, then studied the unicorn.

"Alright, then." The Emperor said then looked at the sun, "Its too hot to be standing here chatting when we could be at the Palace drinking cooled wine. Come."

Blair nodded. Jim transformed to the shock of everyone to his his true form, and stood waiting as Blair saddled and bridled the unicorn.

Even the Emperor’s jaw dropped when Blair climbed onto Jim’s broad back, and the stallion did nothing to stop him or dislodge him. Instead, the unicorn stepped up beside the Emperor’s mare, and matched the war mare’s pace ignoring the attempts the mare made to bite at him.

They rode mostly in silence back to the Emperor’s Palace.

PART 15

The Emperor's Palace was a magnificent display of architecture. Built on stretch of land that lay at the foot of cliffs that overlooked the sea, the Palace was in an easily defensible position, something that it had needed when the Palace had been built.

Blair had been there many a times, and had even used his magic to help fortify some of the Palace's walls

Since mage fire had help weaken them during a siege a few centuries back.

The city that surrounded the Palace built outside its protective walls was a large trading city. Between two towering cliffs, the sea came into the city via a short narrow channel that allowed only two ships to pass through at the same time, which allowed trade to the other kingdoms beyond the Trade Sea

"Wow!" Rafe said admiring the city as they rode through it. Something of a country lord, Rafe had never seen a city of the Capital City's magnitude.

"Indeed." Blair said. He could tell the city had expanded somewhat since his last visit.

Jim only snorted in disgust not impressed at all.

Blair smiled patting the stallion on his arched neck. Jim's head bobbed in acknowledgement of the touch.

Throughout the city as they rode through its streets people stopped to wave and cheer at their Emperor who smiled and waved back.

"I don't get Master, why aren’t' they staring at you know." Rafe was confused. A large black unicorn stallion as being ridden within their midst and they were more interested in their esteemed leader.

"That's because I placed an illusion around Jim. He looks like an ordinary horse to everyone else. No need to give them such a view." Blair answered and Rafe nodded knowing that it was mostly for Jim's protection. A tame unicorn, or at least one that looked tame, would be a valuable commodity to the money hungry people of the trade city.

A team of draft horses, indicating the size and weight of the iron barred door, opened the portcullis covering the only entrance into the Palace grounds.

Guards dressed in immaculate uniforms of red and gold stood on either side of the open way, and saluted as their Emperor passed along with the Hand.

When the last of the train passed through the open way, the draft horses where put to work lowering the portcullis. Jim jumped in startlement when the portcullis landed with a heavy THUD startling the Emperor's mare. The Emperor easily calmed the mare and looked at the black unicorn stallion that was prancing nervously and snorting, Blair handling the reins with efficiency trying to calm the young stallion.

But Jim refused to be calmed. He felt trapped, and restless, the spells and walls around him giving him an uneasy feeling. He reared and Blair held on tight to rein and mane and urged Jim to settle back on all four hooves.

Jim regained the earth beneath his hooves, and then pawed the ground with one fore hoof, head bobbing up and down. While Blair tried to calm Jim, the Emperor ordered everyone to dismount, and slaves came to take the horses and the supplies to the stables. Blair whispered a calming spell as he petted Jim's suddenly sweaty neck ignoring the bustling of the slaves and men around them.

The spell worked and Jim stopped prancing and shaking, standing in one spot, his nose nearly touching the ground as if he were asleep. Blair smiled, and slid off of Jim's back, and held the reins as he waited for the emperor to join him.

The Emperor and the Hand with Rafe walked over to where Blair held Jim's reins. "Is he alright?" The Emperor asked.

"He'll be fine. He was detecting the old spells on the walls. If you'll recall from your lessons the spells were designed to keep the unicorn herds enclosed within the walls not allowing them to teleport away. The spells are old but still functional." Blair answered

The Emperor nodded and looked at the young stallion. "Is he asleep?"

"Yes, he is. It’s a calming spell. It put him right to sleep, didn't know it would do that, though." Blair answered.

"What are you going to do with him?" The Emperor asked.

"Rafe and I will deal with this. I am assuming you are putting me in my old rooms?"

"Of course. Where else." The Emperor said with a chuckle.

"Good. I will see you at dinner then Your Majesty?" Blair said. The emperor raised his eyebrow at the dismissal. The Hand had heard it as well and bristled at the supposed command.

The emperor only looked at Blair, the most powerful and one of the oldest living mages in the world, and decided to leave mage business to mages. He turned on his heel and headed toward the double-doored entrance into the Palace with his Hand following at his heels.

Rafe looked at his Master, "What do you want to do?" He asked.

"I will change him to his hawk form, easier to carry that way, and we shall take him to my rooms." Blair said turning to remove the saddle and the bridle from the sleeping stallion. When he had stripped Jim of his tack handing it over to Rafe, Blair then placed a hand on Jim's arched neck, and used his magic transforming the large unicorn into the black hawk.

Blair took off his coat and wrapped it around the sleeping hawk cradling Jim against his chest. Rafe handed the tack over to a slave and followed Blair into the Palace.

Blair easily made his way to the rooms he had always stayed in at the Palace. Rooms he had built himself adding his own protective shields and spells around it, reinforcing them when needed. The rooms had had two bedrooms, a large sitting room, fireplaces in each room, its own bathroom with a large copper bathtub, and a fireplace to heat water for bathing. Blair had designed the room himself, the fireplaces especially since winters at the Palace were deathly cold, and Blair hated cold.

Blair set Jim down on the cushioned couch in the sitting room, and force shifted Jim to his human form. Placing a light quilt over Jim's form, Blair left the stallion to sleep and went into his bedroom to unpack. Rafe did the same in the other bedroom.

By the time Blair finished unpacking his clothes and supplies, Jim came awake. Blair could hear the unicorn mumbling his way to wakefulness, and by the time he was in the sitting room Jim sat up awake and alert. He looked at Blair. "How did I get in here?" He asked confused.

"You were a little bothered by the spells on the Palace walls, so I placed you in a sleeping spell and brought you to my rooms."

"Okay." Jim said unsure. The he looked at Blair, "I'm hungry."

Blair laughed at that. "Dinner will be in a few hours. We are going to eat at the Emperor's table."

Jim sulked at that. He hated eating at the dinner tables. He hated minding his manners.

Blair shook his head, "Alright, I won't make you go down and eat. I'll have a whole lamb sent up for you, how does that sound?"

"Good," Jim said smiling. He loved lamb.

Blair ruffled Jim's hair affectionately, and went to the door to order the lamb. The slave took the order and then ran to the kitchen. He then turned to Jim, "I want you to stay in the rooms unless one of us goes with you."

"Awwww, why can't I go explore?" Jim said already beginning to sulk again at the thought of being trapped in the rooms.

"Because, its too dangerous to be running around. Too many people in this city would love to capture a unicorn. And knowing you, you would get in some kind of trouble. Don't sulk." Blair said.

"And I'll blister you butt if I catch you sneaking out of the rooms." Blair added.

CONTINUES IN PART 16