Tangled Up In Love

by Debra Fran Baker
dfbaker@panix.com

 

"So, who belongs to which jeans, tiger?" Montana held up two pair of equally stressed and faded denims.

"Good question, babe. Let's figure this out. Give 'em over." To Montana's surprise, his new friend Jim Ellison took both pair, held them for a moment...was he *smelling* them?...and gave one back.

"You sure?"

"Yep." Jim began to wriggle into the pair he'd claimed for himself. Oh, God, even getting dressed, the man was hot. He moved like a cat. Montana was so enthralled he forgot to put his own on."

"Enjoying the show?" Now that was a blinding smile.

"Oh, yeah. Put it *on*."

Jim winked and pulled his jeans up to his hips, but left them unbuttoned. Then he slowly reached for his t-shirt. Montana's breathing caught as he watched Jim use the shirt to stroke his chest, fingertips just brushing his nipples.

Montana knew exactly how that chest felt, too. It took all his will power to not pounce on that graceful cat of a man, but he remembered his colleague downstairs. Even if Jim didn't care, he did.

"What's going on up there, guys? Coffee's up!"

Jim jumped, and hurriedly put on his shirt and closed his pants. Montana sighed in regret - although the guy made a very nice picture fully clothed as well - and got dressed.

He made such a nice picture that Montana could not resist grabbing a firm and tightly encased buttock before they made their way downstairs. Jim leered and pinched a nipple through his shirt.

"Are you sure about this, Jim? It's fun, but there's your friend downstairs."

Jim bit his lip. "There's just something about you, Montana. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm having too good a time."

"Me, too, but let's cool it."

Sandburg was waiting for them downstairs, with some mugs and a pot of coffee on the table. He was still wearing his, or rather, his father's, fedora, with his long curly hair streaming under it. He was grinning. He was utterly adorable. Montana looked at Jim.

Was the man an idiot?

Jim shrugged, and gestured for Montana to sit.

He hesitated. "Are you guys sure you want me here? I could go to my hotel..."

"It's cool, Dr. Jones." He nodded and sat. "Now, then. Jim."

Ellison took a deep breath. "Chief, I swear to you I had no idea you were interested. You were saving my life, Sandburg."

"Yeah...but I was also enjoying myself. And you hit that breakfast I cooked for you *right* on the nose." He turned to Montana, who was completely confused. "He called it a mating ritual, Dr. Jones. I spent the rest of the day waiting for him to do something, especially since he *never* stopped touching me." He smiled. "So, what was it? Was I living with the world's biggest closet case or was I just not your type?"

"*You*? A closet case? Mr. Sandburg, he had no hesitation in the airport."

"Thanks a lot, babe. Blair, I'm serious. I thought you were completely straight, and I didn't want to risk losing you. Maybe it was all the women."

"So? I'm bi. And do you really think...James, I'm shocked. You thought that if I knew, I'd leave?"

"Oh, no. Damn, I am an idiot, aren't I?"

"Yep, tiger. Good coffee, by the way, Mr. Sandburg."

"Thanks, Dr. Jones."

"Ah, hell, call me Montana."

He looked straight into a pair of spectacular blue eyes and smiled.

The man licked his lips and returned the gaze. "Blair..."

Montana absolutely had to touch that hair. So, he did, removing the fedora and revealing those curls. It felt like silk. And that was Blair's hand...his large hand...stroking his cheek, brushing his lips. Montana sucked in a nearby finger.

"Uhhh...gentlemen?" Jim was looking distinctly jealous.

"Jealous, James?"

That last was down right sultry. Montana found himself immediately hardening.

Jim looked at Blair. "I've hated every woman you've ever dated, Sandburg. If I knew you dated men, I'd have hated *them*, too. And right now...I have no idea why I *don't* hate Montana."

Blair blinked, but didn't take his hand away. "I've been feeling the same way...but...damn, you're pretty, Dr. Jones. And just the thought of the two of you together...I'd pay to see that." His voice became low and hoarse. "But..."

Montana shook his head. "You guys have stuff to work out. I...hate to leave, but I really should be going..." He was talking to empty air. Blair was gone. In fact, Blair was standing next to Jim now.

Blair was touching Jim. His hands were roaming up and down Jim's arms, who in turn was leaning against him. He swallowed.

Montana couldn't breathe at that vision. And then, Blair bent to whisper in Jim's ear. There was that blinding smile again, and Jim beckoned.

Before he could even rise, though, Jim pulled Blair into his lap and the two of them shared a kiss of surpassing sweetness. Montana felt honored to be present at this, and wondered if he should leave them alone.

Then Blair pulled away and looked at him, and Montana knew leaving would be impossible. "Join us."

"It's...it's your first..."

"James and I want you here, Montana. Join us." Montana could see truth in Blair's eyes...truth, love and lust in a glorious tangle.

He nodded, once. Later, he could not say how it happened, but he soon found himself back in that large bed in the loft, his clothes scattered all over the loft, mixed with Jim's and Blair's.

And they were kissing him, stroking him, rubbing their bodies against his and he was reveling in smooth muscles and warm fur and two pairs of intense eyes. He captured Blair's mouth in his while stroking Jim's arousal and having them raise him to a fever pitch of desire, and then twisting and taking Jim into his mouth, and feeling Jim take him.

As he lay on his side, lost in pleasure, there was a new sensation. Blair...Blair was moving slick fingers inside of him, stretching him. He moaned around Jim and sucked him harder. Jim responded in kind and Montana moaned again.

Then...oh, God, Blair was pushing at him and then he was inside and probing deep, Montana felt split open, and gloriously filled. Two pairs of strong and gentle arms were stroking him as he lay helpless between the two of them. Never in his life had Montana felt so happy to be closed in like this.

Then each exploded - first Jim, then Montana and then finally Blair, in a cascade of pleasure the like of which Montana had never felt. It was as if he were experiencing all of it himself.

When it was over and he was once again sandwiched between the two men and holding them close, all he could think about was that he never wanted to leave this town, this bed or these two total strangers.

But...he began to struggle to leave.

"Don't go, Montana."

"This...this is your bed, Jim. Yours and Blair's. You don't want me here."

"We do. Stay." Something about Blair's voice made him settle down. "Right now, here is where you belong." Blair leaned over and kissed him gently. "I don't know how or why, but it feels right like this, and I want to go with that."

Jim said nothing. He just gathered Montana in his arms and held him.

That was the most convincing argument he could have made.

*Dad would never believe this.*

 

-30-

Copyright 1999 Debra Fran Baker and NightRoads Associates