Title: Um, Jim?

Author: Caro Dee

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: R

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Lovely. Yes.

E-mail address for feedback: carodee@popullus.net

Disclaimers: Not mine, belong to Petfly, etc., No profit, yadda yadda.

Sequel: Sequel to Challenge Fic: Sure, Chief.

Notes: My beta-readers at SenBeta insisted on a sequel. Vehemently. But I got even. No sex. Ha! ShayAlyce did the grammar beta with an assist from Bluewolf, WoD told me to cut the sap, and a communal effort engineered the T-shirt removal scene.

Summary: Peja's First Sentence Challenge: "All right, you win, I lose... but I promise you... I'll be back."

 

Sure Chief 2: Um, Jim?
by Caro Dee

"All right, you win, I lose... but I promise you... I'll be back!" I slammed the phone down on Oliver's obnoxious, sneering voice and winced. Oh God... mistake! I cradled my aching head in both hands and moaned.

The hot shower had helped a little. At least I didn't feel like I was going to die. At this point, I felt a little ambivalent about that. Quiet, dark, no pain... what's not to like?

A hand holding two beautiful, wonderful, miraculous painkillers appeared before my bleary eyes. Desperately, I grabbed them and shoved them in my mouth. Another hand appeared with a tall glass of water. 'Bless you, hands,' I thought vaguely.

"What was that all about, Chief?"

Ah, it's Jim... why the hell are you yelling? I made frantic shushing gestures with my free hand and Jim repeated the question in softer tones while guiding me slowly and carefully over to the table and helping me sit down.

"Oh, just a scavenger hunt last night. It got pretty intense and for a while there I thought I was gonna win. No such luck!" Somebody was stabbing forks in my eyes. Man, I wish they'd stop that.

"Hmm...sounds like pretty cutthroat scavenger competition." Jim said casually, handing me a cup of coffee, which I took with frantic whimpers of joy. Coffee. Save me!

I savored my first sip... and froze. 'Cutthroat scavenger competition.' Why did those words sound so familiar? Why did I feel dread coiling in the pit of my stomach? Then I dismissed it as hangover nausea. "It sure is. That was my arch-nemesis at Rainier taunting me about losing last night. Stupid, arrogant, know-it-all bastard! Can't believe I lost to that asshole. I was so sure I was gonna beat him this time. I could taste it, man!"

"Ah... that must be the infamous Oliver."

Something in Jim's voice made me look up. Damn, I knew it! Jim was laughing at me.

I peered at him suspiciously. "I know I've never introduced you to Oliver. I wouldn't dare. The guy tries to top everything I do or take away everything that means anything to me. If he met you and found out we live together, I wouldn't put it past him to be all over you." The thought of Jim and Oliver made me shudder. Jim and me, on the other hand....

"Is he cute?"

Eew, was that a leer?

"Jim!" I gasped in sheer horror. "Don't even joke about it. This guy is poison. And he cheats. But this time I had him beat! I had everything on the list except for one thing."

"You mean the dog?"

Gulp. "What dog?"

"Well, you were waving a dog collar when you got home last night, Chief. I figured you were looking for a dog. Or maybe it was a horse. You were talking about leather harnesses, too."

I felt sick to my stomach. I'd come *here* with the dog collar? Oh God, tell me I wasn't that drunk. "Um, Jim? Did I... say anything... *strange* last night?" *Say 'no'. Say 'no'.*

"No more than usual, Sandburg. Of course, you're always a little strange. I'm sorta used to it by now." Jim smirked at me.

I had an impulse to smack him which, oddly enough, totally reassured me that we were okay. Whew. Apparently, I didn't do anything... damaging. "Ha, ha! Very funny."

"Whoops!" Jim pawed at his shirt and put his mug on the counter. "Damn it... spilled coffee." He pulled his T-shirt off and ran it under cold water in the kitchen sink. I sat there happily drinking my coffee and admiring the muscles rippling on Jim's back. Mmmm... nice.

Jim turned around, leaned against the counter, and ran one of the kitchen towels slowly over his chest to wipe off the coffee. It was probably just my wishful thinking that he was lingering over those fine pecs. Eyeing me with a smile, he tossed the towel in the sink and stretched leisurely. Double nice. 'Ah, Jim, you have no idea what you do to me.'

"How's the head, Chief?"

"Getting better all the time." It had to be my imagination that Jim was looking at my crotch. Still, my pervy roommate-watching had me tenting up a little so I casually cradled my coffee in my lap.

"I know just what you need for that hangover." Jim came over and stood in front of me. I tilted my head back to look up at him. He was staring down at me pretty intently and... yup, smirking. "What you need, Chief, is a little tension release."

Um... okay? Even if I knew he didn't mean it like it sounded, a guy could pretend. "What did you have in mind, Jim?"

Jim gave me one of his killer smiles and reached up to cup the sides of my face. Suddenly, my heart was beating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. 'Jesus, Jim. What are you doing? You've been acting a little strange all morning.' Then he slid his hands up into my hair and started giving me a scalp massage.

You know, I might have been disappointed if it hadn't felt soooo good. Jim gave the best scalp massage in the world. I moaned with pleasure and leaned my head forward... oh yeah... right onto Jim's naked stomach, with a great view of his assets. Bliss. Sheer bliss. God, he smelled good.

"You like that, Blair?" Jim asked, the rumble of his voice vibrating against my forehead. I could hear the smile.

"Mmmmm..." was all I was capable of verbalizing. I was so relaxed that I wasn't aware my coffee mug was tilting until I felt the heat on my lap. "Ouch! Jesus!"

Jim grabbed the mug away from me and set it on the counter. He quickly grabbed some paper towels and crouched down in front of me to wipe up the spill. Then he started dabbing at the wet stains on my thighs.

I looked down at a half-naked Jim kneeling on the floor between my knees and got this weirdly familiar vibe. "Whoa, deja vu. I feel like I've been here before."

Jim looked back up at me with the strangest smile... almost hungry. "No, actually, it wasn't here. We were over on the sofa when I was giving you the blowjob and you fell asleep."

"You were giving me a blowjob and I fell *asleep*?" I yelled. 'Ouch, my head! Wait a second. Back up....' "You were giving me a blowjob?"

"Well, you told me to," Jim pointed out in a reasonable voice, but his eyes were laughing.

"I *told* you to?" Oh... dear... God!

"Yes. Then you fell asleep before we were finished." Jim ran his hands up my thighs and murmured seductively, "Why don't you order me to finish the job?"

I gaped disbelievingly at Jim.

His sultry expression turned into a frown. "You really don't have the hang of this 'slave' thing yet, do you?"

I sat there blinking at him. Now I knew I wasn't swift under hangover conditions, but let's see if I got this right. "So... what you're telling me, Jim, is that last night I ordered you to give me a blowjob... and you did."

"Well, actually, you asked me to be your sex slave first. Then you ordered me to give you a blowjob and I did." Jim pointed out helpfully. "And you fell asleep."

I narrowed my eyes. It was important to get the next part right. "So... I ordered you to give me a blowjob and you didn't mind?"

"Actually, I was enjoying it until the whole falling asleep thing happened."

"Uh-huh. You enjoyed it." Part of me was expecting Jim to burst out laughing at his practical joke; the other half was enjoying the way he was fondling the front of my jeans. Could still go either way. Better gather a little more evidence. "Okay, I'm ordering you to kiss me."

Jim pulled us both up and had me in a clinch before I could even blink. Whoa. All right. A little more enthusiasm than my hangover appreciated, but I wasn't about to complain. Jim's tongue was in the way.

While Jim was showing me how diligently he followed orders, I began to believe this was real. Jim really was kissing me like a starving man. I really was kissing him back as hard as I could. This was really happening. Finally!

Jim broke off the kiss and nuzzled my hair. "Any other orders, Chief?"

I ran my hands along Jim's shoulders and down his back, reveling in the feel of his warm skin. I could do this now. Lucky, lucky me. "I can't believe this is happening."

"I knew it was gonna happen, Chief."

"Yeah?" Hey, my mouth was at exactly the right height to lick Jim's collar bone. Was that convenient or what?

"Yeah. I told you last night that I'd be your sex slave tomorrow and I'm a man of my word."

While I was laughing and wincing (even love won't cure a hangover), Jim hustled me upstairs, got me undressed and laid me down in his bed. He kissed me thoroughly and got up to take his own jeans off.

I wanted to watch him. I really did. I'd been wanting to be in Jim's bed since forever. It was so comfortable and smelled just like him. Down pillows... mmm. Just gonna rest....

* * *

I turned around from folding my jeans and... Blair was asleep. Again. Talk about deja vu.

I stood there looking down at him, snoring peacefully with his hair spread out over my pillow. Blair in my bed. Looking like he belonged there.

Smiling ruefully, I climbed in next to him and tucked myself around his warm body. At least this was progress. I might even get laid sometime this year.


The End