Title: Spying on David Sandburg

Author: Scorpio

Email: LouisdPdL@aol.com

Archive: Yes please.

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair, Henri/David

Rating: Probably R, but we'll say NC-17 to be safe.

Catagory: Romance, post TSbBS

Sequel/Series: Third in the 'Henri Loves David' Series.

Sequel to: David Sandburg (1), A Date with David Sandburg (2). Yes,... I finally came up with a name for the series. I have another story planned for after this one as well...

Story Notes: This short story takes place after TSbBS and assumes that Blair is a Detective in Major Crimes and is in a commited relationship with Jim. This series is inspired by pictures of actor GM with short hair. Those pictures are what gave birth to David Sandburg, Blair's cousin from Boston, whom Henri Brown falls in love with.

Disclaimer: All things Sentinel belong to Pet Fly Productions and no infringment is intended. David Sandburg is mine, even though my Henri Brown Muse still insists that David is *his*. Slash muses,... there's just no arguing with them.

Warning: m/m sex implied (although the juicey details are off screen,... so to speak.), voyuerism of a sort and my warped version of humor...

Summary: Blair uses Jim's Sentinel hearing for something other than solving a crime...

 

Spying on David Sandburg

By Scorpio

Detective Blair Sandburg, Shaman of the Great City had been effectively reduced to a panting pile of quivering sated flesh by his long-time best friend, lover, and partner, one Detective James J. Ellison, Sentinel of the Great City. In fact, Blair was happily sprawled out across the sweat glistened chest muscles of said best friend, lover, and partner. If asked, Blair would undoubtedly assure you that there is no finer place in the entire State of Washington to be sprawled across, however, you better not test that theory on threat of pain. Lingering pain.

It is at this point that Jim's hand stopped caressing Blair's sweat tangled curls, opened his eyes, and tilted his head in a manner which remarkably resembled 'Baby', the giant German Shepherd from the K9 Unit, right before her handler, K9 Officer Tomas Rielly gave her a milk-bone treat. Raising a dazed and sleepy face to see why Jim had stopped petting him, Blair slipped instantly into 'Guide Mode'.

"What Jim? What is it?"

After a second or two of intense listening with acute Sentinel hearing, Jim relaxed back into Cuddle Mode.

"Calm down Chief, it's only H. and David. They just pulled up outside the loft."

Everyone who was well acquainted with Blair would have known instantly from the devious smirk and the mischievous glint in his eyes that it was well past time to run for the hills. Unfortunately (or maybe not) for the Sentinel of the Great City, he was unable to run and hide from his mate and the soon to be disclosed bit of insanity that he knew was coming. Even if he could extract himself from the sticky tangle of limbs (not that he really wanted to anyway), he wasn't wearing anything except his all-together, and that was more information than the neighbors needed to know. So, trapped beneath the furry weight of a scheming Blair, Jim contemplated pretending stupidity. Nah,... Blair would never buy it.

"What?..."

Blair grinned harder.

"Well, what are they saying?"

Jim blinked.

"You want me to *spy* on them? Use my Sentinel senses to listen in on a *private* conversation?"

Blair rolled his eyes.

"I'm not trying to be a pervert here Jim." Blair loftily ignored Jim's snort of disbelief and continued patiently, "I just want to make sure that everything went okay, you know? I mean, H. is one of our closest friends and David is my cousin. I just want to know that everything is going... right."

Jim quirked an eyebrow at his nosy, but well meaning lover, and didn't comment. Instead, he closed his eyes and concentrated on listening to the two men just coming back from their first date. It was, after all, easier to just do it than arguing with his Guide about privacy issues. He figured that Blair must've been a Yenta in another life...

"Henri isn't going to come on up here. Apparently, he saw that the lights were out and he doesn't want to wake us up, so they are saying goodnight in the car."

Blair shifted to lean up further at this news, curiosity practically burning a hole through his curly head. He poked Jim in the ribs gently.

"Well? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Seems like a good thing to *me*. After all, we're lying here naked and sticky. The loft isn't exactly a palace of privacy, in case you didn't notice Detective. I mean, I *like* Henri and all,... but I'm not sure I want him to make-out with your cousin on the couch in clear view of our bed."

Blair poked Jim again. This time it wasn't so gentle.

"Well, duh Jim. I don't exactly want front row seats to *that* show and I'm sure they don't want front row seats to ours either..."

Blair trailed off as something else Jim had said began to seep into his brain.

"They're making out? In the car?"

Jim gave Blair the 'look'. The one that was guaranteed to make criminals shiver in fear as they confessed. The one that made army privates snap to attention and pray to God that it wasn't *them* that had Captain Ellison so fired up. The one that sent veteran Detectives scurrying for cover and made crisis-trained police file clerks cringe and hide. It was the one that Jim had perfected at his father's knee. His Guide saw the 'look' aimed his way, smiled cheekily, kissed the tip of his nose and said, "Well?..."

With a sigh of defeat, Jim tuned his hearing back on the couple sitting outside in Detective Henri Brown's car.

"It seems that David thinks Henri is a great kisser and H. thinks your cousin has a great ass. It sounds like they're having fun, but..."

"But what man? What?"

"I don't know Chief. It's strange. A lot of rustling and shifting around. It's hard to figure out what they are..."

Jim trailed off suddenly and blushed a bright pink. He turned his head discreetly and coughed . Blair practically vibrated with the need to know what was going on.

"What Jim! What are they doing now?"

Jim got a gleam of wickedness in his eyes and he leered at the beautiful young man in his arms.

"You really want to know what they are doing?"

"Yes dammit!"

"Fine. I'll show you then."

With that, Jim grabbed onto Blair and flipped them over so that Blair was lying flat on his back. With a waggling of his eyebrows and a throaty chuckle that promised much pleasure, Jim dove under the covers and slithered down his lover's furred chest and stomach until he reached his prize. He licked his lips in anticipation and delight and then proceeded to demonstrate in wonderful detail.

 

END
Spying on David Sandburg