Snippets by Silvana

Fandom: Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Note: These aren't related, but their short so I'm posting them together.

Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com

Standard Disclaimer. Even as it is the disclaimer could be longer than the snapshot, so I'm gonna shut up now. <g

 

Contentment

It was one of those rare occasions in the Ellison-Sandburg household: quiet, calm, and peaceful. For once, the city was at rest, unwilling to break the relaxation of the Sentinel of the Great City. Jim Ellison was about as comfortable as he'd ever thought possible.

Lying on the couch with an arm trapped under his sleeping partner, he was actually contemplating Heaven. His stomach was full, he was warm, and Blair was snoring into his armpit. Somehow the circle was complete.

The cd player clicked over to the next song and Jim sighed as the alluring voice of Etta James filled his senses.

"At last, at last my love has come along. My lonely days are over and life is like a song . . . "

_____________________________________________________________

SNIPPET 2

Standard Disclaimer. Not mine, although if they were, Jim would never wear anything but a towel, a wetsuit, or those black boxers.

Feeling All Right

With their luck it should have come after one of them had been held hostage, shot, and expected to die. Folded, spindled, and mutilated, that's when the other should have said it. Not over a breakfast of coffee and muffins.

Life had an interesting way of making things interesting. Running late to work became being late to work and a brief message to Simon.

"Simon? This Blair. Jim won't be in today. Bye."

Simon smiled. He'd seen this one coming, even if nobody else had. He wondered briefly who had the pool that day. Should he let them know?

__________________________________________________________________

SNIPPET 3

Standard Disclaimer. Every now and then we all need to wallow in sufficient sap to make us sticky.

 

I just called

 

"Hello?"

"You left wet towels all over the bathroom."

"You're calling at," he checked his watch, "two in the morning to tell me that I left the bathroom a mess?"

"Dammit Sandburg, how many times do I have to tell you to clean up after yourself?"

When he took a breath, Blair jumped in quietly. "Why are you calling, Jim?"

At first he didn't think Jim had heard him, or maybe he wasn't going to answer, because it was several minutes before Jim spoke again.

"You left."

Blair almost had to laugh. Jim sounded like a little boy whose puppy had run away.

"I told you about this conference in December, Jim."

"So?"

"So what did you think that meant? I was going to commute every day for two weeks?"

"But you should be here."

His voice sounded suspiciously fuzzy. "Have you been drinking?"

"No." Jim sounded indignant enough to be telling the truth and Blair realized that he was trying not to cry.

A wave of love settled in the tips of his toes and the tone of his voice. "Go to sleep, Jim. I'll be back before you know it." Maybe he didn't have to stay for the entire presentation.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

And he knew that when Jim yelled and whined long distance, it was his way of saying "I love you," "I miss you," and "When are you coming home?"

"Night, Jim."

He hung up the phone. "I love you, too, Jim. I love you, too."

END