Title : Sentinels Of The Tauri

Author: SilverDragon

Fandom: Sentinel / Stargate

Pairing : Jim/Blair Jack/Daniel

Status : currently in progress

Archive : As you wish just let me know where

Feedback : greatly appreciated, makes me write more, faster.

Email : silverdragonsi@icqmail.com

Series / Sequel: Maybe if enough people think they want more

Disclaimers : Not mine, no profit ( other than feedback ) made. No money, please don't sue.

Summary : Jim is part of the Stargate program. He is about to meet his missing half. The problem is his guide's people are a bit different then when they were taken from Earth.

Warnings : Ummm this is definitely slash, not graphic yet, but . . . You have been warned.

Definitely AU. The don't ask don't tell " law " has been gone a long time in this world. Talk of Alpha verses beta standing in a relationship.

Warning ***** Blair's world accepts that in the sentinel / guide relationship one is the Alpha (Dominant) and the other is beta ( submissive). It is a ranking much like in a wolf pack. ******


All mistakes are my own.

 

Sentinels of the Tauri
By SilverDragon


Sentinel Captain James Ellison was pacing.

"Ellison, sit down."

The Captain looked up at his CO.

"Sorry, Sir. Just a bit on edge today."

"It's alright Captain." Col. Jack O'Neil replied firmly. "We are all itchy to get back out there. Now that the good Doctor has released us, " Jack smiled. "We can get back to saving the world."

All eyes turned to Doctor Daniel Jackson - O'Neil. At the sudden silence he looked up.

"Umm, before either of you asks again, Yes I'm fine. If I wasn't you'd have both been trying to take me back down to med lab. Guys between the two of you, I don't even get a chance to feel ill before your on me, about my temp. or whatever. Stand Down. OK." Daniel continued under his breath. "I mean I understand the whole BP thing but Goddess. Let a guy breath." He got a stereo "I heard that." He laughed "uh, huh guys. The world Duh mean anything to you. You know as in Duh I'm a sentinel. I can hear things from miles away?"

Ellison shook his head. "Glad he's your Guide, Jack."

"Just wait Ellison. Your day is coming." Jack's cell rang. "Hello? Yes Sir. No Sir they are here with me. Understood, Sir." After hanging up, he looked at the two men. "Vacation's over. Hammond needs us at the Mountain."

The others nodded. They all grabbed their coats and were out the door minutes later.


Mountain

SG1 sat around the briefing table. "So, anyone know what the mission is going to be?" Sam asked, as she looked around the table.

Daniel answered her. "Well if it's PX- 2319, then it'll have something to do with the message I was translating."

"What did it say? " Sam asked.

"Well I didn't get a chance to completely translate it." Jack groaned.

Daniel stuck his tongue out at him.

"Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay. Your mission will be to PX - 2319. Dr. Jackson, did you finish translating the tablet that the MALP images showed."

"Not completely General." Jack groaned again. "However," Daniel continued pointedly ignoring his mate, "what I have translated revealed the it was the same message repeated in several languages. Before you comment Jack, the message basically reads " Friends welcome. Conquers will be destroyed.""

"Cheeky Buggers aren't they. " Jack mutters.

"Maybe, Sir. But what if they can back it up."

"What Ellison. You think maybe they have a weapon, we haven't seen?" asked Jack in disbelief.

Daniel broke in "Jim if I may?"

Jim nodded. "General what I think Jim is saying is they know about the Stargate. I mean why leave that type of message there, in several seemingly unrelated languages, otherwise? As far as a weapon, they might have one. Whether it be knowledge or arms doesn't matter. If they are still there, they've either been incredibly lucky or they have some advantage. Again if the message is right they are also welcoming of others to visit."

"Yeah or maybe it's more " Come into my web said the spider to the fly."" Jack pointed out.

Daniel waved his point away. "Yes, that's possible, Jack. BUT what if it is just as it seems? Can we dismiss the possibility?"

"Dr. Jackson is right. SG1 you have a go for 1500 hours. Dismissed."

 

(2)

SG1 met up in the gear up room. "Well here's hoping the natives are as friendly as Danny here says they'll be." Jack reached over to rub Daniel's neck.

"Jack when have I guided you wrong?" Daniel muttered, to his sentinel. "I have a good feeling about this mission."

A part of Jack relaxed. Daniel's feelings were rarely wrong. Jim nodded. He still felt uneasy. Of course he thought it might just be because I haven't found My Guide yet. Fortunately, Daniel has been able to keep up with both of us . . . . So far. Not many Sentinels could let me as close to their guide. I'm lucky they are both such good friends. Ellison reaffirmed his silent vow to ensure the pair's safety, even at the cost of his life.

"Ellison, get the lead out." O'Neil shouted as he left the room. Ellison shared a smile with Daniel.

"He's anxious to get back in the field. It's been too long, between missions." They both laughed, when Jack's head poked back through the doorway.

"You coming. The gate and hopefully friendly natives, are this way. Come on campers." Shaking their heads, the others followed Jack out and down to the gate room. SG1 gathered at the base of the ramp. Daniel whispered, "Dial it down guys." The seventh chevron engaged and the gate opened. As one the team turned, and having received the Go from Hammond, walked up the ramp and into the wormhole. Emerging on the other side they went through the standard procedure for them. Teal'c and Captain Carter, watched for any hostiles. Daniel helped the two Sentinels adjust to the new environment. After a few moments, they were ready to do the detailed scan of the area. This had saved their lives more then once. They had just started to scan when Jim froze.

"We're being watched," he whispered to Jack. Jack nodded. "One Male, though the scent is off. His heart rate just spiked. "

Jack cut in, "Got him." Then a little louder, "Daniel does Sentinelous mean what I think it means?"

"Sentinelous means sentinel, Jack. His people are aware of sentinels then." Daniel whispered back. Then he called out, "We mean you no harm. Please come out." Daniel waited looking at his sentinel.

"He's muttering. He's afraid but I'm not sure of what. I can't understand what he is saying." Jack shook his head.

Daniel looked up to check on Jim. He looked around. "Where's Jim?"

Jim unnoticed had gotten close to the watcher. He grabbed him, and brought him out to the others. Once Jim let go the young man dropped to lay flat on his stomach. Keeping his arms tight to his sides, his legs closed, he lay there and refused to move. Daniel moved closer.

"Please get up. There is no need for this. We mean you no harm." He was about to continue, when a low voice interrupted him.

"I know, but I didn't want to cause a problem for the unbounded sentinel. Please may I call my people before there is a problem?" The young man did not look up, as he spoke.

Confused, Daniel looked to Jack, who shrugged and nodded. Daniel quickly informed the man he could. The young man nodded. Still staring at the ground, he spoke. "Thank You. I have called them. They will be here in minutes. Please do not be alarmed by our ways." Daniel tried to assure him that they were used to people's ways being different from their own.

A short time later, four others entered the clearing. Two wore collars. Before Daniel or the others could get upset. The young man spoke. "They are Not slaves. Please, we will explain." His voice rang true and with a few quick glances SG1 decided to wait and see.

"Blair what is going on. Why are you here. There is an un bonded present. You are too close to your time."

"I know Master Shaman, but Zexk ordered me here. I am one of the greeters. He said there would be no problem as there was no un bonded. But I do not understand how he could have said that.

"Why do you say this?"

"I just heard them arrive, Master. I wasn't even to the gate, yet, when it engaged. I tried to leave but the un bonded found me. I have done all I could to make sure that no bond started. Please Master, believe me, it is the truth. I wouldn't . . ."

"Hush, Blair. I believe you know. Now trust me. Look at the unbonded and tell me what you see." The Master Shaman looked at his favorite, knowing he would be leaving The People.

"A big, black panther. Oh Master, it is just like the one in my dreams." Blair's voice held wonder, hope, and a touch of fear. "what does it mean, Master? " he asked quietly.

"That we will see. For now, drink this and return to the palt." He felt Blair's mind protest. "we will be right behind. Trust me Blair." Blair took the vial and drank. He got to his feet, one last look at Jim, and he started back. "Taryn go with him. Make sure Berin doesn't get near him." Taryn nodded and followed Blair. Quickly catching up to the man and taking his hand, he led him away.

"Now let me introduce myself. I am Tarlashi, the Master Shaman of this place. You are of the Tauri. Well, all but him." He stated pointing at Teal'c. He received nodding heads and a raised eyebrow in answer. Daniel shook his head and stepped forward.

"I'm Daniel , that's Jack, Sam, and Teal'c. But I have the feeling you know that already. Your people are telepathic aren't they?"

The wily old Shaman smiled. "Among other things, yes. Come friends, call your people. Tell them you are fine. Then please follow me to our palt."

SG1 looked to Jack. "Daniel dial it. Carter, contact the General. Tell him we'll be staying here for a while. We'll check in at the normal times." Jack ordered.

"On it, Sir." Sam set up the MALP, while Daniel dialed up the gate.

"Teal'c, Ellison, get what we'll need together." Jack briefly watch as they others took action. His attention quickly returned to the natives. No threat in their posture. Jim was right. The scent has a musky hint to it, almost like a dog or wolf. Must just be their scent. I don't hear or smell either wolf or dog nearby. He noticed the sly smile on the shaman's face. He's hiding something. He's one to watch. The shaman's smile deepened.

(3)

Jack looked around. His team was ready to move. "Alright let's go. Lead the way." The Master Shaman chuckled. He and the two collared men started off the same way Blair and his escort had gone.

Daniel couldn't wait to start asking questions. He caught up with the Shaman. "Master Shaman, if it isn't a problem may I ask you a few questions?" he inquired.

"Though I suspect it will be many more then a few, please feel free."

"Yes, well. You are right. Umm. What were you talking about to Blair about being close to his time?"

The Shaman hesitated, then answered. "That is difficult to answer without a bit of background. First I don't know how it is on your world, but here we have Alpha/Beta pairs."

"Alphabet pairs?" Jack smirked. "Nope not how we do it."

"Jack, be quiet. I'm sorry Master Shaman. He thinks he is funny."

"No harm done, Young one. As I was saying. One part of the pair is Alpha, considered Dominant, the other Beta. The Beta submits to the rules and guidance of the Alpha. Most pairs bond in their late teens. Blair is an unusual case as he is also a Shaman. You see Blair, is a Beta. But the times he is acting as a Shaman, he would be Alpha. There are no Sentinels in the palt, that are willing to even believe this is possible. That means that Blair hasn't bonded even though he is well over age. He must bond soon, or a bond will be forced on him."

"Forced? Why?" asked Daniel, just as Jim growled, "Never."

"You must understand. Our laws require that a beta have a guardian. Not because they can't take care of themselves, but to ensure that no one forces them. Betas prefer to follow and if not given guidance can get into bad spots without realizing it. Blair as a Journeyman ranked Shaman has some protection. That is now being questioned by a powerful man. His son is has Sentinelous ability but he is cruel. They are trying to force Blair's bonding so they can control his power. So far as his guardian I have stopped them. Now Blair's own nature is trying to make him bond. His resistance is low. They might be able to force it." The shaman sighed. "I am hoping that you and the unbonded hold the key to Blair's safety."

"I don't understand. Why would we be able to help. This isn't our world." Daniel said. "Why would Jim be of any help?"

The Shaman glanced at the sentinel. "I believe that he is Blair's sentinel. I am hoping that you can get permission for Blair to join you on your world. I know it will be hard. Especially if your people won't agree. But please understand I believe that Blair would die in the only other bond being offered." He turned to the sentinel. "I know Blair didn't intentionally start a bond with you, but there is a connection, correct?"

Jim nodded. "It was there from the moment I saw him. Like I already knew him. But I don't understand why I see a wolf with him."

"I will explain that as well in time." The Shaman smiled, sure of the match. He turned to Daniel. "Blair felt you would be concerned about the collars, that some of our people wear."

"Yes, forgive us. He told us they were not slaves, but in our world it was often a mark of slavery." Daniel explained. "We are at war with a group that would enslave everyone."

"I understand. I want to explain them before we get to the village, and we are nearly there. The collars mark mated betas. It is a way of protecting them. Jonan show them yours please." Jonan stopped and lifted his chin. "First, once it is locked on there is no way of removing it. Except by the Alphas hand. Second these markings," the shaman pointed to the lettering etched into the collar. "are the betas rank in the group, and the Alpha he is mated to. The collar itself is actually comfortable. As for the mated Alphas they wear a bracelet that can only be removed by their beta. It carries the same information. In our culture these are like the arm bands that promised couples exchange. They are a mark of commitment not slavery. Jim just so you understand. If you take Blair as your beta, he will expect to wear one, and for you to wear the bracelet. Will that be a problem?"

"No. Though I have no idea what symbols you could use."

END PART 3