Reminders 3

Author: Selena

Email: kennedy_bowman@yahoo.com

Fandom: The Sentinel

Rating: PG



Reminders 3
By Selena


Blair’s new apartment was unusually tidy, for him anyway. To anyone else it would look like chaos, but he liked it, he knew where everything was. He may not have had a lot of stuff, but he sure knew how to spread it around. But he wasn’t really caring about his stuff right now, or where it was, or how tidy or not it was. He was staring at the phone. It was just sitting there precariously balanced on a pile of books, looking all innocent and phone like, not ringing. Damn, why didn’t it ring? Oh right, he hadn’t given his new number out to anyone yet. Except for Rob, but he had just left, why would he phone? Still he stared at the phone, willing it to make a noise, but it didn’t.

He threw himself down on his worn out old sofa that he had dragged around with him for a year, and sighed sadly. Rob had walked into the old place to find Blair a sobbing wreak on the floor. He had asked what was wrong, but Blair had difficulty forming coherent words, all he could do was point to the photo he gripped in his hand. Rob had silently moved all of Blair’s boxes out to his car while Blair had tried to compose himself. Blair had been left alone in his new ‘home’ for over an hour, Rob’s last words ringing in his head.

“Call him.”

Call whom? Blair had tried to act all innocent but he wasn’t fooling anyone.

So now here he was all alone, the number he had tried to forget, but was permanently scorched into his brain, going round in his head. He had thought he was coping, he thought he had it all under control. He thought he had forgotten. But all it had taken was one stupid little reminder to bring his new fragile little world crashing down around him.

Rob had been right, when Blair had calmed down enough to listen to what his friend had been telling him. Blair was never going to be able to move on until he faced up to what he had lost. He needed to have closure, even if it meant getting pushed away again. He had to know why. Blair steeled himself, took one hell of a deep breath and picked up the phone.


END