Title: Really Bad Days

Author: Ami

Email: SciFiCatGirl18@aol.com

Rating: PG

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Archive: Yes, to WWOMB, CKOS, FHSA, SAFFL, anyone else who wants it.

Warnings: Er -- Cassie bashing?

Author's Notes: I'd like to thank Bobbie, Alex and Dee Rose for betaing. Any remaining mistakes are mine. This is the SLASH version of the story.

Summary: Who had a worse day? Jim or Blair?

Disclaimer: Jim and Blair belong to PetFly/UPN/Paramount, not me. No copyright infringement is intended, though if they *want* to sue for custody of my four cats...

 

Really Bad Days
by Ami


"A virus got into the computers down at the station. The only thing they'd do is play the Star Wars theme song. I had to listen to Henri sing the Weird Al version for an hour this morning." Jim grunted in disgust as he flopped down on the couch.

"The same virus got into the computers down at the U. Thankfully the PCs in the computer lab were safe, but since so many people needed to use them, they gave everyone a time limit. I waited for over two hours so I could use one for thirty minutes." Leaning back in the yellow chair, Blair shook his head.

"Simon was practically breathing fire! The Lauren case was about to go to trial, and the convicting piece of evidence was stored on the computers." Jim took a large swig of his beer.

"The whole school was in chaos. All the classes that used the computer labs to teach had to be canceled, so there were no foreign language classes, or telecourses today. It really threw the teachers' schedules off."

"Rafe and Joel were out with the flu, so I got their cases -- all eight of 'em. In *addition* to my own five," Jim groused.

"I gave a test today, and four people didn't show up, two turned in half-finished tests and left before the first thirty minutes was up, and three people had the exact same answers. And I really thought I had a good class this year." Blair shook his head sadly as he sipped his tea.

"The Ford has been having problems with its brakes. I think I'm gonna have to take it into the shop."

"The Volvo wouldn't start at *all* this morning, so I had to take a cab to school. Because of traffic, the ten-mile drive cost me forty-two bucks!"

"Rhonda stormed out at noon because we couldn't get the computers fixed, so *Megan* ended up answering the phones the rest of the day. When Chief Warren called, she pressed the wrong button to switch the call to Simon's office, and Warren heard her call him a 'bigoted old bastard'."

"Hah! Ms. Fitzsimmons, the Anth department's secretary, *quit*, because someone decided it would be a good idea to phone in prank calls and she got tired of all the dirty jokes. She's been with Rainier for over thirty years; she *invented* the filing system; I don't know how we're gonna do without her."

"I have to make a court appearance tomorrow." Jim tugged on his collar, already thinking of the tie he'd have to wear.

"I have to turn in four chapters of my new diss on the Police tomorrow, and I've only got one written. I'm gonna have to pull an all-nighter, and my advisor wants the chapters at six AM." Blair sighed, thinking of the grueling hours ahead.

"When I got on the elevator to go to lunch, Cassie was in there. The elevator stalled and I was stuck with her for *three hours*." Groaning, Jim tilted his head back, rubbing the cold beer bottle over his forehead.

Blair blinked at his lover. "Oh, man. You *definitely* had a worse day than I did!"


THE END