Reacquaintance

Author/pseudonym: Angelise

Email: angelise7@hotmail.com

Author's webpage: http://writingonthewall.slashcity.net/~angelise7/index.html

Fandom: The Sentinel AU

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Rafe/Jakob-OC, Simon-Blair-Jim

Date: 6-24-03

Author's note: Many thanks, as always, to Elaine.

Disclaimer: This work is not intended as an infringement upon the rights of those that own The Sentinel and is meant solely for non-profit entertainment purposes only.

Summary: Our beloved Detective, Brian Rafe, returns to Cascade after an absence of 10 years. He is alone, with a heart that is searching for the wonder of love. It is a chance meeting with his past that provides him with the dream he has been reaching for all his life.

{ denotes sign language }

Background Info: I realize that this series begins in the middle and not at the beginning. grin Let me backtrack and provide a few facts.

Jim and Blair are an established couple. Have been so for many years. Shortly after their commitment ceremony, a rather large bundle of joy was left on their doorstep ... Blair's illegitimate son, Jakob Gustavo Sandburg. The anthropology grad student had no knowledge of Jakob, having broken all ties with Maya, the child's mother. The hearing impaired 6 year old is left with a simple message attached to his shirt ... I give you, Jakob, your son. Please love him, Blair. Maya

Jakob is immediately adopted into the Sandburg-Ellison family. The young boy learns not only to sign but is also taught to read lips. Wanting a normal life for their son, Jim and Blair encourage Jakob to use his voice and speak whenever possible. Of course, during times of stress, he falls back on the use of sign language.

Simon soon joins the trio, his experience as a father welcomed most enthusiastically by Blair and Jim. It is not long before this time honored friend is embraced with love and a poly relationship is entered into by the three men.

A description of Jakob for you . . . Think of a slender Blair combined with the exotic beauty of his South American mother. As he moves into his teenage years and beyond, I imagine Jakob filling out somewhat and developing a nicely built body but not one that is overly so. I'm not quite sure how tall he will be when he reaches maturity but I would like to think of him at least around 5 foot, 10 inches. And that dark, honey brown hair will grow long, a mane of thick silky hair that will cascade over his shoulders like his father's.

Jakob is a very independent individual, curious and quite intelligent. Knowing the family he grew up in, I would imagine he is quite outspoken and self assured. He is a fun loving but gentle spirit who loves with his whole heart. And because of his mischievous nature, I'm sure Jakob is definitely a serious handful for those that love him. grin

Rafe has been gone from Cascade for at least ten years taking care of his elderly father and mother. I'm sure he knew of Jakob's existence but because he was traveling back and forth between his home and his parent's, he did not interact with the youth very much. Timeline wise, Rafe would have know Jakob as he grew from a six year old to a nine year old.

Rafe, while away, obtained his master's degree in Criminal Justice and is now an FBI agent, his current assignment is Acting Liaison Officer with the Cascade Police Department.

I think that's all you need to know for now. I'll supply more facts as the series progresses!


Reacquaintance
By Angelise
Copyright May 2001


Brian Rafe stood for a few minutes, admiring the colors of the sunset as they cascaded over the campus grounds. He leaned back against his car and took several deep breaths, releasing the stressful tension in his shoulders and neck.

As the evening's cloak of darkness fell, Rafe closed his eyes and listened to the quiet sounds of the approaching night. With his attention focused he could feel his body relax into a calmer state of rest.

It was good to be back in Cascade. Ten years was too long to be away from friends and co-workers. So many had moved on, taking their families out of the area. Others had retired or transferred to different departments at police headquarters.

His father's death and his mother's ill health had been the reason for Rafe's move. He could not leave his mother alone during her time of need. One year rolled into two and then three. Before Rafe knew it he had been away from his home in Cascade ten years. His mother's death earlier this spring put final closure on that part of his life and Rafe decided it was time to return to Washington. He slipped back into town with a Master's degree in Criminal Justice tucked in his back pocket. And upon his arrival, Rafe was quickly snatched up by the FBI and now worked as the agency's liaison officer with the city's police department.

The nearly forty year old smiled. His first day back in the city, his gear not even unpacked and who did he run into. Henri, his old partner. Henri, the current captain of Major Crimes. Time certainly brought with it amazing changes.

In the past month Rafe had touched base with Jim and Simon. Blair, the third member of that poly relationship, was out of the country on a dig in Africa. Busy schedules had not allowed for them to get together before the anthropologist's departure . Rafe missed his friends but was secure in the knowledge that they still thought of him as part of the family.

A murmur of voices caused Rafe to open his eyes, his gaze searching the surrounding shadows. A wistful smile drifted across his face. On a nearby bench cuddled close together were two young men. Rafe watched as the couple embraced and shared a long deep kiss.

Protesting his observer status, Rafe glanced away. Unconsciously his right hand searched out his heart, pressing against his chest in an attempt to ease the pain. For a single moment his solitary existence overwhelmed him and he bit down on his bottom lip in an attempt to prevent the moisture in his eyes from forming into helpless tears.

"Brian!"

The FBI agent took a swipe at his eyes before turning around. "Good evening, Claude."

"My friend! How are you this glorious evening?"

Rafe's eyes darted back to the embracing couple. A deep sigh was choked off. "It is indeed a beautiful evening Claude. The sunset was magnificent."

He reached out and shook hands with the elderly college professor. Claude frowned, his gaze noting the younger man's emotional distress.

"How's your week been?"

Rafe rubbed the back of his neck. "Hell on wheels with no chance of slowing down. I can definitely say . . . thank God it's Friday."

Claude laughed and directed Rafe into the nearby building. "Well tonight's class will be an excellent distraction for you. I've arranged for several models to join us."

Rafe's eyes sparkled. "Live models? No more dusty old pieces of fruit to sketch? My heart doth skip a beat!"

Claude laughed and slapped the man on the back. "What? Are you saying you didn't appreciate the beauty of my moldy apples? I'm devastated."

Rafe followed the older man into the classroom. "I need a challenge, Claude. Hopefully tonight will prove to be one." He moved away and found his favorite corner. Noticing the workstations of his two fellow classmates were empty, Rafe set out his supplies with quiet efficiency. Once finished, he perched on his stool waiting for the class to begin.

Rafe's gaze wandered around the room noting the various props the models would pose with. His curiosity tingled as he viewed the motorcycle parked next to his area. A quiet laugh from the doorway directed his eyes forward, his attention immediately caught by the young man standing next to Claude. The stranger was obviously hearing impaired, evidenced by Claude signing to him.

The youth turned around and as his face came into view, Rafe felt his heart stutter. He was absolutely beautiful. Tall, slender and bronzed by the sun. Shoulder length hair of rich mahogany completed the picture.

Rafe's fingers twitched, the youth's hair appearing silky soft, beckoning to be tousled. He actually had to stop himself from walking toward the stranger. With a stern warning directed at his body, the older man turned away, striking up a conversation with a nearby student.

Rafe startled as a hand descended on his shoulder. He looked up into Claude's smiling blue eyes.

"Brian, you are in for a treat tonight. You know I have arranged for each group to have their own model during this class. And since it seems your partners are missing this evening, you have this young man all to yourself."

Rafe closed his eyes and silently whispered a short prayer of deliverance.

Please God . . . not him. Please don't tempt me like that. I'll do anything but please not that young beauty.

Opening his eyes, the FBI agent turned around. Claude smiled at him. "Brian, this is Jakob. He is your model for this evening."

The dark haired man's heart kicked into overdrive. Standing before him was the handsome youth. The lad was slipping out of his robe, revealing a body worthy of worship.

Rafe's sight of the model was blocked as Claude moved in front of him.

"Brian, the boy is deaf. He can read lips but . . . "

Rafe waved away the professor's explanation. "I know sign language, Claude. My grandfather was deaf." He shook his head and smiled at the older man. "Don't worry, Claude. We'll do just fine."

The professor nodded and signed Rafe's name and his knowledge of sign language to the young model. Patting the youth on his shoulder, Claude moved away to check on a group of protesting students.

Rafe glanced down at the sketchpad in his hand. Taking several deep breaths, he admonished himself.

Get a grip. You can do this. Ignore the fact that he's damn sexy and that your body is on fire. Just do the drawing and get the hell out of Dodge.

Rafe looked up and . . . soared to heaven. An angel stood before him. A wicked angel sent to tempt his soul. Rafe moaned and closed his eyes, his tight grip snapping the slim piece of charcoal he held in his hand.

Forgive me God. I think my mind just made me a reservation on the train to Hell. Cause there's no way I'm going to be able to sketch this lad without having carnal thoughts.

A hand touched Rafe on the shoulder. He glanced to his side and succumbed to the concerned depths of cinnamon colored eyes.

{ Are you ill? }

Rafe shook his head, the ability to sign with trembling fingers momentarily lost.

{ Is something wrong? Do you wish another model? I can switch with my pal, Michael. }

"NO!"

Rafe blushed, his shout catching the attention of several nearby classmates. He took a few minutes to gather himself, distracting his mind by cleaning the charcoal from his hands. Looking up, he smiled at the young man's puzzled look.

{ Please excuse me. I'm tired and my thoughts are a little scattered right now. }

Rafe guided the youth to the motorcycle he was to pose with.

{ Please stay. I would very much like to sketch you. Here's your prop; let me know when you are ready to begin. }

Rafe turned away from the male model and once again gathered his supplies. He stood with his back to his easel and willed his body to behave. Turning around, Rafe acknowledged his model's readiness. Picking up his charcoal, the older man began to sketch.

The Harley Davidson quickly took shape under Rafe's talented fingers. The strokes across the page slowed when the FBI agent began to sketch the silent model. Each slide of the charcoal was an unconscious caress over the half naked form of the slender youth.

{ Tell me about yourself. }

The lad shifted his hip, leaning more securely against the cycle. His dark eyes followed the path of Rafe's hands before lifting to examine the man's face.

{ My name is Jakob. I'm a sophomore here at the university. My major is mathematics with a minor in computer business. }

Rafe nodded and returned to his sketch.

Tangled strands were defined, allowed to hang low over laughing eyes. Teasing lips curved into a shy smile. A long neck faded into the chest, the subtle hint of muscles under the smooth skin gracing the blank page.

A sound snagged his attention and Rafe looked up to see the youth signing to him.

{ You are very handsome, Brian. May I call you Brian? }

Rafe nodded, not quite sure how to handle Jakob's compliment.

{ Are you married? No? Engaged? Involved? No? }

Rafe stared at the youth, curious.

{ Do you like men, Brian? Do you like me, Brian? }

The older man nearly strangled on his disbelief. His model was making a move on him. Maybe God did hear his prayers.

Rafe shook his head, trying to clear the erotic images of the youth and himself tangled together in his bed. He wiped the sweat from his brow, leaving a smudge of charcoal across his cheek.

His lungs forgot how to breathe when Jakob stepped forward. Wetting his finger, the college sophomore slowly cleaned the black smear from Rafe's face. His thumb paused for a second and then traced over Rafe's lips. Standing back, Jakob smiled warmly at the older man.

{ I am very attracted to you, Brian and would like to meet you after class. I know this club we could go to. Interested? }

Rafe's reply was interrupted by Claude's appearance. The elderly professor took a few minutes to critique his work before moving on. Rafe followed Claude a short distance on the pretense of viewing a fellow student's sketch.

Rafe stood there, silently screaming for control. His mind was stunned by the student's forwardness. The FBI agent hungered for the physical intimacy the youth promised. Did he dare accept? Did he dare trade a night of lonely emptiness for a night of sexual pleasure? Rafe returned to his workstation, his heart, body and mind struggling to find the answer.

Ignoring Jakob's questioning look, he picked up his sketchpad and continued with his assignment. Strong arms took shape as they balanced the lad's tall form against the motorcycle. The curves and flat planes of a long lean torso emerged as Rafe's hand whispered across the sketchpad.

Rafe hesitated, a rebellion of thought and action warring in his mind. It was time to give form to the youth's lower physique. His body burned with desire as his eyes studied Jakob's slim hips and long legs.

The sophomore wore form fitting bicycle shorts and the contours of his groin were clearly defined. Rafe's gaze widened as Jakob stretched, repositioning himself, arching his hips forward. The subtle movement stretched the white fabric even more tightly across his lower torso.

Rafe's eyes lifted, ready to question the blatant poise. Jakob smiled seductively at the older man, his tongue sneaking out to wet his lips.

Rafe moved forward intent on instructing the youth to resume his previous position. He lifted his hand with the pure intention of signing his request. Rafe lost the function to speak coherently as Jakob caught his hand and uttered his first words of the night.

"Touch me. Please."

Rafe watched in shocked fascination as the lad guided his hand to his chest, allowing his fingers to brush across the puckered skin of his nipples. With his eyes locked with Rafe's, Jakob then lowered the older man's hand to his groin, pressing Rafe's palm against his firming erection.

To his ears, Rafe's whispered hiss sounded as loud as a nuclear explosion. He snatched back his hand and stared at the offending extremity. Looking up, the older man was incinerated by the smoldering look of need on Jakob's face.

Rafe looked around the room, his befuddled mind thankfully aware that his actions had gone unnoticed. Intent on moving away, he stumbled backwards, his feet catching the legs of the nearby easel.

With lightening speed, Jakob jumped forward and caught the wooden support before it could crash to the floor. He reached out a hand to steady the floundering Rafe, pulling the man close to his own body.

Rafe took momentary shelter in Jakob's quiet strength. But the simple graze of the young man's groin across his was enough to send Rafe fleeing from the class.

A deserted lecture hall became his sanctuary, the darkness hiding his body's blatant reaction. Rafe knew his face was burning with embarrassment as a dampness spread across his boxers, his slender frame trembling with overwhelming needs. Rafe closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against the cool surface of the tiled wall. His hearing noted a whisper of sound but his mind ignored the warning, distracted by the fire raging in his groin.

A gentle warmth of moisture caressed the exposed nape of his neck as a hand slid around his waist to rest hesitantly above his erection. A voice of husky hoarseness ghosted over his ear. "Let me, Brian. Let me give you what you need."

Rafe could not deny the youth any longer. He widened his stance and allowed his heavy ball sac to fall into Jakob's waiting hand. He caught the sophomore's other hand and brought it to his mouth, suckling the young man's fingers.

Cool air assaulted Rafe's groin as Jakob unzipped his trousers and eased out his cock. With practiced confidence, the youth stroked Rafe's weeping shaft. He pressed his hips against the older man's lower body, controlling Rafe's unbridled bucking.

The warm air of Jakob's rasping words drifted across the older man's face. "Let me love you, Brian."

His nod was barely noticeable but the longhaired student caught the muted movement. Jakob turned him around and kissed him, opening his mouth wide to swallow Rafe's scream.

Rafe surrendered to the youth's magical fingers and offered up his seed without protest. An invading weakness stole his grasp on reality. He fell into Jakob's strong embrace, his lips feeding on the lad's sweet taste.

Jakob lifted his hand and shared the flavor of Rafe's release with the FBI agent. Mouths licked and kissed, tongues challenging as each one struggled to imprint the memory of the moment in their minds.

Rafe pulled away first, restraint and propriety knocking loudly on the locked door of his drowsy sated mind. His hand tangled in Jakob's long hair, refusing to let go of the silky softness.

Tapping the sophomore's nose and capturing his attention, Rafe signed, his fingers shaking with the effort of communicating his words.

{ You are so beautiful. I want to be with you again. Can I call you? }

Jakob smiled and kissed the older man tenderly. He quickly restored Rafe's clothing to their proper place. After a gentle brush of his hand over the man's softened cock, Jakob stepped back and nodded his head.

{ Come back to the classroom and I'll write down my phone number and address. }

The young man gripped Rafe's face and seared his lips with a fiery kiss. A wicked grin spread across Jakob's face.

{ To remember me by, my handsome Brian. }

The college student turned and exited the room. Rafe stayed behind and took a precious moment to gather his thoughts. Shaking his head in disbelief, he straightened his hair and followed his young lover.

A surprised shout of greeting delayed Rafe from entering the classroom. There in the hallway stood Simon Banks and Jim Ellison. Rafe hurried over to them and threw his arms around the two men. Several minutes sped by as the three friends caught up on the past.

Simon hauled Rafe in for another bear hug. "It's so good to have you back in Cascade. I can't wait for Blair to get home. He's gonna be so happy to have you around to fuss over."

Jim smiled. "And I'm sure he'll be quite delighted to find out that his matchmaking skills are once again in demand."

Rafe groaned and then laughed.

Simon slapped the younger man on the back, adding his happy agreement to his husband's statement. Pulling Rafe around, Simon directed his attention to the person hidden behind him.

"It's a damn coincidence you being here on the night we came to visit our son. Rafe? You remember Jakob?"

Rafe turned his head and looked into the eyes of his young lover. His lungs locked down and his heart froze in mid beat. Jakob's warm smile of understanding and the gentle touch of his hand kept Rafe's mind and body from falling into a complete shut down.

He looked at the two questioning men, death warnings ringing through his mind.

"Remember? Of course I remember. God, do I remember."



PART 2

Rafe watched as his two longtime friends guided their son down the stone steps of the Humanities building. A wistful sigh escaped into the silence as his gaze followed the slender frame of his young lover. Even now, Rafe's body still hummed with desire for the college sophomore.

"Jakob." Rafe shook his head. " Who would have guessed that little imp would grow into such a damn good looking man?"

Staring up at the stars, the FBI agnet grinned wryly. "You're quite the jokester, aren't you? I guess you think it's funny tempting me with my best friends' son."

Rafe ran his hand over his head, momentarily distracted by the shaggy length of his hair. As he brushed several errant bangs off his forehead, a subtle scent caught his wandering attention. Holding his hand in front of his face, Rafe took a deep breath. The memory of his seed spilling into Jakob's hand crashed down on him. The youth had gripped his hand when, following his orgasm, his knees had threaten to drop him to the floor. His flesh was saturated with the scent of his release. A release torn from his body by Jakob's expert touch.

"Damn! What have I gotten myself into?"

Rafe turned around and re-entered the building. Stopping outside the art classroom, he frowned.

"I wonder who'll kill me first? Blair, Jim or Simon?"

Opening the door, Rafe was surprised to find the room empty. Looking at his watch he realized an entire hour had passed since his hasty exit. His fellow students had long since gone, leaving only Claude behind.

The older man looked up from his briefcase. "Brian! I thought you had left. Is there something you need?"

Rafe shook his head. "No. I just came to get my stuff. I'll lock up if you need to leave."

The gray haired professor moved to the door. "I'll take you up on that offer. Chealsy is waiting at the pub and it's her time to buy the brew."

Claude shouldered into his overcoat. "Have a good weekend, Brian."

"That's if I live that long." Muttering under his breath, Rafe lifted his hand in farewell.

Moving across the empty room, the FBI agent's gaze instantly sought out the motorcycle that remained at his workstation. Stroking his hand over the leather seat, Rafe chewed on his bottom lip, a hungry light flaring in his hazel eyes. Turning away, he cursed loudly, admonishing his lustful imagination.

Once all of his art supplies were safely tucked away in their carrying case, Rafe moved over to his easel. The unfinished sketch of Jakob mesmerized him and he allowed his fingers to skim over the charcoal image. As his touch traced over the paper, Rafe's mind replaced the drawing with that of warm, naked skin.

Closing his eyes, Rafe imagined his hands gathering the wild mane of dark hair and pressing his lips against the silky mass. His fingers curled slightly, the ghostly sensation of raking his nails over Jakob's tanned chest teasing his thoughts.

Groaning softly, Rafe ran his hands over his backside, reliving the feel of the young man's solid erection pressing against him. Even now, with only the memory taunting him, Rafe could feel his body coming alive. His hands hesitated at his belt buckle, the temptation to calm the fire in his groin almost too much to resist.

"Touch me instead."

The quiet husky words crawled right underneath Rafe's skin, searing their intent into his soul. The FBI agent turned around, his sharp gasp of surprise exploding into the silence.

Jakob smiled back at the older man, his lean body sprawled across the motorcycle. Untamed strands of mahogany spilled over his left shoulder, the curled tips caressing his nipple with each breath the youth took. One hand played with the small thicket of hair on his chest. The other was tugging on the waistband of his shorts. It exerted just enough pull to force the fabric to ride low on his hips, exposing the very tip of his cock to Rafe's hungry eyes.

Rafe's mouth fell open. "FUCK!"

Jakob's smile widened as one hand abandoned its perusal of his chest and brushed across the wrinkled flesh of his nipples. "I would say that is most definitely on the agenda, Brian."

Rafe hung his head, his hands clenching and unclenching, his wild heartbeat nearly choking him.

"I'm a dead man. A fucking dead man."

Looking up through his eyelashes, Rafe stared at the wanton spread of youthful flesh before him. His hands were shaking with the need to complete the unveiling of Jakob's nakedness. Glancing over at the classroom's door, his questioning gaze was quickly answered by 19 year old.

"No one will disturb us, Brian. I locked it and pulled the shade when I came in."

Rafe closed his eyes in disbelief.

Where the hell was I? How did this fallen angel get inside this room without me noticing?

A chuckle caught the older man's attention and he opened his eyes.

{ Quit thinking, Brian. }

Rafe's rebellious feet refused to remain still; instead, they moved the silently protesting man closer to Jakob.

{ Your fathers ...}

{ Are not here. } Jakob grabbed one of Rafe's hands and spread it across his flat abdomen.

{ You're here. I'm here. I want you. }

The young man braced himself on the motorcycle and lifted his hips. The movement brushed the head of his cock against Rafe's hand. The FBI agent groaned and dug his nails into the tanned flesh, anchoring his hand, preventing it from doing what it so desperately wanted to do.

Jakob repeated the move, his breath hissing through his clenched teeth. Tugging harder, he finally managed to slip the form fitting shorts down past his hips. His cock sprang free and slapped against Rafe's hand, droplets of precum splattering his skin.

Rafe refused to move. Unfortunately, his wicked angel was not so inclined. The college student leaned forward and pulled the older man's shirt off. His long elegant fingers danced across Rafe's chest, pausing to pinch each nipple into hardness.

A violent shudder traveled through Rafe's body as another tortured moan forced its way out. His mind screamed at him, bombarding him with images of an avenging Simon and a murderous Jim. The images were quickly forgotten as Jakob wrapped his arms around his body, cupping his ass.

Finally the older man remembered the art of breathing and moved, a brush of fingers across his ballsac galvanizing him to action. With quiet efficiency, Rafe finished removing his clothes and then with a single tug stripped off Jakob's shorts.

With his gaze riveted on the youth's face, the FBI agent climbed aboard the motorcycle and straddled Jakob's slender hips. Grabbing a handful of hair, Rafe pulled Jakob forward, fusing their mouths together. His tongue journeyed deep, exploring every inch of the youth's moist heat.

A tightness in his chest warned Rafe of his need for oxygen. He ripped his mouth free, his teeth catching on the fragile skin of Jakob's bottom lip. The youth laughed as his fingers collected the small drop of blood that bore evidence to his bruised lip. He smeared the wetness across Rafe's throat and followed it with his lips, cleansing the skin with his tongue, marking it with his teeth.

Rafe threw back his head, his hand tangling in Jakob's hair, encouraging the youth's hunger.

"God forgive me."

A finger skimmed the inside of his thigh and Rafe instantly snapped his mouth shut, his teeth grinding together in an attempt to strangle his scream. Intent on driving Rafe wild, Jakob raked his nails over the man's back. Another wicked laugh was the only warning Rafe had before Jakob slipped a wet finger inside his ass.

This time the FBI agent's yell could not be contained. Rafe bucked hard against Jakob, his hands scrambling over the youth's lean torso, his fingers fighting to find purchase whether it be nipples or chest hair. With great effort, Rafe finally caught hold of the curls surrounding his young lover's erection. Each tug on the black thicket only increased Rafe's torment as Jakob responded by sucking harder on his throat and probing deeper with the wicked finger.

Jakob's raspy voice called out.

"Look! Look at me! See what you do to me."

The longhaired youth started to thrust his hips against Rafe's, the damp flesh of his cock sliding over Rafe's hard shaft.

"Ride me, Brian. Ride me hard."

Jakob claimed Rafe's lips and attacked the man's open mouth with his tongue and teeth. His voice deserted him and his hands took over, signing words that pushed Rafe to the very edge of orgasm.

{ I want to cover you in my cum. I want you to go home and feel me on your skin. }

A grip of velvet steel wrapped around Rafe's cock and the older man watched as Jakob gathered both of their erections in his hand. Shivers coursed through his agitated body as the sophomore commenced a maddening rhythm. His talented fingers were somehow able to grip and stroke their cocks plus tease the sensitive sac between Rafe's legs.

Deluged by Jakob's physical onslaught, Rafe found his control overwhelmed and all thoughts of sanity completely obliterated. He opened his mouth to scream and found the sound caught and swallowed by the youth. His mouth was plundered in such a manner that Rafe was positive Jakob could taste his soul.

A sudden twist of the young man's hand and Rafe totally lost it. He bucked frantically, his seed exploding all over Jakob's hands, belly and chest. Caught in the throes of his own orgasm, Rafe was still cognizant of his lover's needs and somehow managed to slip an arm between their writhing bodies. He pulled on Jakob's cock, pinching the spongy head repeatedly.

Listening to the guttural fragments of sound escaping Jakob's lips, Rafe forced his eyes open and watched as the youth succumbed to his orgasm. Jakob trembled on the precipice of ecstasy, his slender body looming over Rafe. Mahogany hair streamed down, wild strands framing his expressive face. He mouthed the older man's name as his body surrendered to its tormenting demands.

Rafe welcomed the heat of Jakob's release as it rained over his nakedness. He gripped the seat of the motorcycle and heaved upwards, pressing against his lover's body, branding Jakob's skin with the evidence of his own spilled pleasure.

Lips of honey and velvet stole across Rafe's face, murmuring words he was unable to interpret. Wrapping his arms around the youth's boneless body, Rafe slipped the two of them off the large bike and down onto the pile of discarded clothing. He answered Jakob's whispers with a gentle melding of mouths.

Tapping his lover's nose, Rafe directed the drowsy youth's attention to his hand.

{ I have no words for what just happened. It was . . . }

Jakob gripped Rafe's stumbling fingers and nodded his agreement.

{ My body still burns for you, Brian. Tell me this is only the beginning. }

Rafe's reply was interrupted by the shrill ring of his cellphone. He grinned as he pulled the small device out from under Jakob's butt.

"Hello?"

"Rafe, old friend. Simon and I want you to come over Sunday for dinner. We're gonna grill some steaks. How 'bout it?"

Rafe wiggled away from Jakob's teasing mouth, pushing the youth away from his groin.

Uh . . . sure. Sounds great."

"Alright. We're gonna get Jakob to come over. It'll be a good time to catch up on what you've been doing. Sunday at about five?"

A finger teased across his balls, the caress almost choking Rafe.

"Su . . . Sunday. Got it. See ya then."

Rafe clicked off his phone and tossed it to the side. He groaned as Jakob licked his tongue over his scrotum.

"Fuck! I'm a dead man."

Pulling on the youth's long hair, Rafe forced Jakob to look at him.

{ It's time we had a talk. }

PART 3

"FUCK! Are you sure?"

Jim stepped out of the shower and grabbed the towel Simon handed him. "Yes, I’m sure."

Simon sat down on the edge of the jacuzzi and watched his husband dry off. "But how . . .?"

Jim pointed toward his face. "My Sentinel nose detected Jakob’s scent on Rafe."

"Maybe he hugged him."

The security specialist shook his head, a slight frown on his face. "Simon, I know our son’s scents, all of them. And this was the smell of semen. His. On Rafe."

"FUCK!"

Jim wrapped the towel around his waist and proceeded into the master bedroom with Simon following close on his heels. Replacing his watch on his wrist, he glanced back at the large black man.

"And that’s not all . . ."

Simon sank down on the bed, a look of dread on his face. "I’m afraid to ask."

The partially naked Sentinel walked over and stood in front of his husband, laying a comforting hand on Simon’s shoulder. "There was the scent of semen on Jakob and I’ll bet you a year’s salary it was Rafe’s."

"FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!"

Simon fell back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "What are we gonna do, Jim?"

Stripping off his towel, the Sentinel climbed under the covers. He tugged on Simon’s arm, wrestling the large man into his embrace. Kissing his mate’s forehead, Jim sighed.

"There’s not much we can do. Except kill Rafe."

Simon smiled. "Think we can get away with it? There’s a perfect spot in the flower garden we can bury the body."

Jim chuckled as he hugged his partner in crime. "It was all I could do not to strangle Rafe right there in the hallway. And Jakob dancing around with that look on his face of guess what bowl of cream this cat’s been enjoying. Dammit, Simon, I wanted to paddle his butt."

Simon pulled out of Jim’s arms and rolled over, continuing his examination of the ceiling tiles. "Why didn’t you?"

The Sentinel started in on the business of removing Simon’s clothes. "Jakob’s 19 years old. An adult. Who he wants to fuck is his business, not ours. Although I seem to remember some rule about him not dating 'til he was 40. What happened to that?"

The black man snorted and slapped Jim’s hands away and sat up. "But Rafe? Shit, Jim. He’s too old for Jakob."

"I agree but short of locking our son into a chastity belt, there’s really nothing we can do. They’re both consenting adults."

"Maybe we could talk to Rafe." Simon shrugged out of his shirt.

Jim slipped off the bed and padded around to kneel in front of his husband, helping to remove Simon’s shoes and socks. He reached for the man’s belt buckle and undid the clasp.

"How about we have them over for dinner? Check out the situation and then talk to Rafe."

The Sentinel pulled Simon’s trousers and underwear off. "If he doesn’t listen to reason then we can kill him."

Simon nodded. "Just make sure you remind me to get the shovel and wheelbarrow out of the storage shed. Gotta be quick about getting the body out of sight."

Jim laughed and pushed his husband back onto the bed. Climbing over Simon’s long torso, he straddled the man’s hips. With a wicked gleam in his eyes, he rubbed his ass over the black man’s groin.

"So, dinner and a talk?"

Simon groaned as his husband continued to tease him. "Sounds . . . sounds good. Just make sure we wait 'til after dessert to make a move on Rafe. I don’t want to ruin my . . . oh god, Jim! Don’t want to ruin my appetite."

Jim leaned down and slowly licked his tongue across a turgid nipple. Before his husband could grab him, the Sentinel jumped off the bed and sashayed his butt over to where his dirty clothes were folded. Digging through the pockets of his slacks, Jim found the scrap of paper Rafe had hastily scribbled his cellphone number on.

Moving back to the bed, he draped himself over Simon’s body. "Hand me the phone, lover." Taking the cordless from his mate’s hand, Jim dialed Rafe’s number. While waiting for his friend to answer, the Sentinel reached down and pinched the head of Simon’s erection. The resulting howl had Jim smiling lustfully.

"Shhhh, Lovebuns. I’m on the phone."

Rearing back, Jim barely missed the attacking mouth that was aimed at his own.

""Rafe, old friend!"

Jim slapped away Simon’s hands, preventing the black man from reaching his nipples. "Simon and I want you to come over Sunday for dinner. We're gonna grill some steaks. How 'bout it?"

Jim closed his eyes and concentrated on the sounds coming through the phone line.

"Alright! We’re going to get Jakob to come over. It’ll be a good time to catch up on what you’ve been doing."

The Sentinel frowned and pressed the cordless closer to his ear. "Tomorrow at about five? Great! We’ll kil . . . SEE! . . . see ya then."

Jim clicked the phone off and threw it on the bed, the force of the throw causing the handset to bounce several times.

"Damn son of a bitch!" The well-built man rolled off Simon and stood beside the bed, forcing himself to take deep breaths.

"Jim?" Simon levered himself up and reached out a hand, soothing it over his husband’s back. "What is it?"

"Jakob’s with him right now. Our son is fucking Rafe right now." The Sentinel moved away to stand in front of the nearest window.

"I say we kill him now. Why wait 'til Sunday?"

Simon grabbed for the robes draped over the bottom of the bed. He shouldered into his as he walked over to his silent husband. Slipping the silk garment around Jim’s body, Simon murmured his plans for catching Rafe in a dark alley and . . . before the large man could continue, the phone rang.

Simon sighed and moved back to the bed, snagging the cordless.

"Hello?"

Jim turned his head, his heightened hearing detecting the dramatic increase in Simon’s heartrate. His own rhythm escalated when Simon finally managed to squeak out a name.

"Blair?"

"FUCK!"



PART 4

Rafe stood in the doorway, reconsidering the decision to go back to his lover’s small apartment. { I don’t think this is a good idea. It’s already late and... Maybe I should just be going home. I’m sure Jim and Simon would highly disapprove of me being here. }

"Don’t worry. I approve of you being here and that’s the only approval you need." Jakob smiled at the older man before stripping off his shirt and sprawling across his bed. He patted the mattress.

"Come on in, Brian. I won’t bite."

The FBI agent shook his head and stepped over the threshold, closing the door behind him. "It’s not your bite I’m worried about."

Jakob laughed and scooted toward the head of the small bed, providing his visitor with a place to sit. Rafe looked at the space and then at Jakob’s mischievous grin. He wisely chose the chair next to the bed. The college student pouted, making Rafe chuckle.

Ignoring the fingers tiptoeing over his knee. Rafe faked a stern look. "I can certainly tell you’ve been raised by Sandburg. You’re way too wicked."

"I’ve learned from the best." Jakob stroked the inside of Rafe’s left inner thigh for a few seconds before leaning back against his pillows. "You wanted to talk?"

Rafe ran his fingers through his hair in a nervous gesture. His hazel eyes darkened with worry as he gazed at the handsome sophomore.

{ I’m too old for you. }

"Who says?"

{ The world. Your fathers. }

Jakob shook his head as his fingers took over the conversation momentarily. { It’s nobody’s business who I choose to fuck. } The youth reached out and gripped Rafe’s hand. { Or love. }

Rafe felt a warmth rush to his heart. { Your fathers aren’t going to like this. }

{ This? }

The FBI agent pointed at himself then at Jakob. { Us. They’re not going to approve of us being together. }

Jakob tugged insistently on Rafe’s hand. { How do you know? }

Rafe finally gave in and moved to sit beside his young lover, making sure Jakob could see his face. "I know your fathers. In fact, I know them so well, I can probably predict that they’re plotting my demise at this very moment."

Jakob laughed as he leaned forward to hug the agitated man. He pressed a kiss to Rafe’s jaw and whispered, "I’ll protect you."

Rafe rolled his eyes. "Now I know I’m in trouble."

Jakob brushed his fingers across Rafe’s smiling mouth. "My parents have great respect for you. They spoke of you often while I was growing up."

The older man nipped one of Jakob’s fingers. "It’s a whole new ballgame now."

The sophomore frowned. "What’s different now?"

"I’m not their colleague, their co-worker," Rafe explained. "I’m their son’s lover." He rubbed his hands over his face. "I’m a dead man; I just know it."

{ Does it bother you? Our age difference? } Jakob’s face turned serious, his hands conveying his uncertainty.

Rafe searched Jakob’s eyes. "Wouldn’t you rather have someone your own age as your lover? Someone who shares your interests, more in tune with the college scene?"

Jakob shook his head. "I like you, Brian. You make me feel good." The youth pointed to his heart. "In here." His eyes danced with naughtiness as he pointed to his groin. "And here."

Rafe smiled at the brazen sophomore. "There’s no words to describe how you make me feel. Damn Jakob! It’s a wonder I still have any brain cells left. Just a few hours with you and I’ve already cum twice. One time too many for this old body."

Jakob grinned widely and smoothed a hand over Rafe’s shirt, pausing to aggravate a nipple into hardness. "So you like me touching you?"

"Fuck yeah." Rafe caught a tiny glimpse of insecurity behind the youth’s smile. "Why wouldn’t I like it?"

Jakob hung his head, hiding his face. "Someone once…" The younger man straightened up, a distant look in his eyes.

Rafe cupped his lover’s cheek. "Jakob?"

{ It’s nothing. } Jakob lifted his hands to Rafe’s shirt, his fingers fiddling with the top button. "Do you want to ride with me on Sunday? I can stop by and pick you up."

Rafe groaned. "Damn. The Dinner." He watched as Jakob began to open his shirt. "Why did you have to remind me?"

Jakob leaned forward and opened his mouth over the exposed skin of Rafe’s chest. His tongue dipped into the small indentation at the base of the older man’s neck. "Maybe I can come over to your place a little early and get you into the proper mood to face the lions’ den, so to speak."

Rafe choked back a whimper as his lover’s inquisitive mouth found a nipple. The youth’s tongue teased over the small nub, courting it with a warm moisture. Clenching his jaw, Rafe tried to control the hunger in his body. He carefully tugged on Jakob’s hair and gently pulled the younger man’s mouth away from his chest before pushing him back against his pillows.

{ Wait. }

Jakob looked up as his new lover took in a shuddering breath.

{ Are you certain about this? About getting involved with me? } Rafe skimmed his fingers over Jakob’s features. "Cause if you’re doing this just to prove your manhood to your family then…"

Jakob tried to crawl into the older man’s lap but a hand to his chest stopped him. A hurt expression crossed his face and Rafe rushed in to reassure him.

{ I like you Jakob. I like you a lot. So much so I think I could very easily fall in love with you. }

A beautiful smile greeted Rafe’s words.

The older man continued. { But if you’re just fooling with me… having fun fucking the old guy… it’s best we end it now before I get too involved with you. }

Rafe pushed an errant strand of hair back into place before sinking his fingers into Jakob’s tangle of silky tresses. "What I’m trying to say is… you could hurt me really bad and I don’t know if I could handle that kind of pain. Not at this time in my life."

Jakob pulled away from Rafe and closely examined the man’s face. He then looked down at his right hand, removing an intricately carved ring of silver from his fourth finger.

"Papa Blair gave this to me on my 16th birthday. His mother gave it to him on the day of his wedding. It represents the never-ending circle of love.

The youth picked up Rafe’s hand and placed the ring on his palm, closing his fingers over it. "I know we just met but I already feel a connection with you."

Jakob smiled. "And it has nothing to do with sex."

Rafe chuckled.

Jakob leaned forward and stole a quick kiss from his dark haired lover . "It’s too soon to say where this relationship is heading but know this…" Standing up, Jakob pulled Rafe to his feet.

{ I like you, Brian Rafe. You, the man. The one who has magic in his fingers and creates beauty on a canvas. I want to get to know you. Spend time with you. }

Jakob placed his hand over Rafe’s heart. "I’m not fooling with you or using you to thumb my nose at my fathers. I don’t hurt people I care about."

He wrapped his arms around the older man’s slender waist. "And I care about you, Brian. Enough to face my fathers’ wrath on Sunday. Do you believe me now?"

Rafe breathed in deeply, filling his lungs with the scent of his new lover. He cupped Jakob’s face and kissed him softly on the lips. "I believe you."

The detective pushed the college student back down on the bed and pounced on him. "Speaking of your fathers’ wrath… shouldn’t we be making strategic battle plans for when we enter the lions’ den?"

Jakob lifted his head and latched onto Rafe’s nipple. "I work better on an empty… cock."

Rafe groaned and surrendered gracefully.



PART 5

Captain Henri Brown of Major Crimes grinned as Rafe walked towards him. "Well, well. Look what the cat drug in." He tapped the FBI agent’s neck. "I take it you got lucky last night. Was he hot?"

Rafe rubbed the bite mark Jakob had blessed him with. "You have no idea." He followed his friend into his office. "You got a few minutes, H? I need to talk to you about something."

Henri motioned Rafe to take a seat. "Sure. But could it wait for just a sec? Collins uncovered some info on the Winfield case and I’d like for you to look at it."

Rafe pulled out a chair and sat down, scanning the papers that had been laid out for him on the table. "Damn, H! How did this scumbag get his hands on so much cash?"

Henri searched the cluttered mess on his desk. "That’s what we need to find out. Where’s that file Rhonda gave me? Hang on, Rafe. I’ve got something else to show you." The black man walked out of the office to speak to his secretary.

"Delivery for Brian Rafe," a gruff voice announced.

Henri waved the young man over. "Hey, Rafe! Somebody must love your sorry ass; you’ve got a present." He pointed toward the open door of his office. "He’s in there."

Placing the papers he was studying on the table, Rafe looked up. A huge candy balloon bouquet was placed before him. "Well, damn."

Henri walked up behind the delivery boy and poked an oddly shaped balloon. He frowned as he examined the display of sweets. "Uh, Rafe?"

The FBI agent signed his name and handed the clipboard back to the waiting boy. "What’s wrong, H?"

Henri’s eyes twinkled as he plucked free a cherry red lollipop. "Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t those balloons condoms?" He waved the sucker in front of Rafe’s face. "And doesn’t this look a lot like a man’s dick and balls?"

Rafe blushed ten shades of red as he stared at the blatantly suggestive bouquet. His embarrassment increased when his friend peeled the cellophane off one of the cookies. The pastry looked suspiciously like a person’s butt.

Henri took a big bite and munched noisily. "I guess someone really does love your ass."

An aborted snicker caught Rafe’s attention. Realizing the delivery boy was still present, the liaison officer took a closer look at his face. Immediately, Rafe stood up, nearly dislodging the bouquet from its resting place on the table. "H, I’ll be right back. I need to give this young man a tip."

Rafe took the youth by the arm and dragged him from the office. A second later, he popped his head back inside and discovered his friend devouring another cookie. Grabbing a sucker, he smacked the black man’s hand. "Try and leave me at least one of those to taste."

H snatched Rafe’s sucker away. "Party pooper."

Rafe shook his head and grinned. Closing the door, he frowned at the delivery boy’s nonchalant pose as he leaned against Rhonda’s desk, suggestively sucking on one of the bouquet’s lollipops.

Rafe motioned to him, "Come with me." When the youth hesitated, Rafe grabbed hold of his hand and hauled him into the closest conference room.

Locking the door, he twirled around. { You are absolutely crazy! }

Removing the sucker from his mouth, Jakob smiled and wrapped his arms around the older man’s waist. "Don’t you like your gift?" His hands wandered south and squeezed Rafe’s ass. "I had it made especially with you in mind."

Rafe snorted inelegantly and rolled his eyes. { You will be the death of me yet. }

Jakob’s grin widened, his fingers teasing the cleft between Rafe’s buttocks, pushing against the material of his lover’s trousers. "What a way to go!" Tipping his head to the side, the college sophomore pouted slightly. "I think you owe me a tip."

Rafe groaned and shook his head. { I want you to promise that you’ll visit my grave after I die at the hands of your fathers. }

Jakob patted the FBI agent’s lips with his lollipop. "Stop worrying. I’ll take care of my dads." Twirling his tongue around the cock portion of the purple sucker, the young man grinned wickedly. "Now… where’s my tip?"

"This is a place of business. You need to be…"

Rafe avoided his lover’s ass groping hands by moving his hips forward. Unfortunately, his evasive maneuver placed his groin in direct contact with Jakob’s denim covered erection. The youth took full advantage of the flustered man’s error and pushed back, grinding their groins against each other.

Rafe opened his mouth to protest and found it filled with a lollipop. Jakob waggled his eyebrows and whispered noisily. "Lick me."

Rafe closed his eyes in defeat and sucked on the sweet. His breathing quickened at the touch of Jakob’s tongue circling his mouth. Rafe opened his eyes when the lollipop was removed. His gaze grew dark with lust when Jakob lifted his oversized jersey and covered a nipple with the hard candy.

"Lick me."

Rafe shook his head, denying the sensual hold the college student had on him. "Jakob…"

A hand slid around his neck and pulled him down, guiding his mouth to the youth’s bare chest. His lover’s voice grew rough with hunger. "Lick me, Brian."

Fingers threaded through his hair before trailing down his neck and over his shoulders. Rafe shuddered at the simple touch, his body betraying him.

Jakob stroked a single finger over the older man’s mouth and pleaded hoarsely, "Please, Brian. Please."

Rafe finally succumbed and opened his mouth over the candy-covered nipple. He sucked hard on the lollipop, catching hold of the tender flesh underneath. Jakob bucked wildly and Rafe quickly gripped the sophomore’s hips, preventing him from falling to the floor. Inhaling deeply, he brushed his tongue over the candy, making sure his licking was tortuously slow.

Time for a little payback, babe.

Rafe pushed Jakob backwards, maneuvering the youth until he rested his ass against the room’s conference table. Grabbing a chair with his foot, he swung it into place and sat down, his mouth never loosing contact with his lover’s flesh. Rafe moved closer, pushing Jakob’s legs open wide. Once in position, he smeared the sticky residue from the melting lollipop over both of his lover’s nipples. Smiling, he leaned forward and enthusiastically sucked and licked, wandering back and forth between the two sensitive nubs.

A keening wail and frantic fingers tugging on his hair warned Rafe of his lover’s impending orgasm. The FBI agent quickly unbuttoned Jakob’s jeans and after sparing a second to delight in the youth’s commando state, swallowed his swollen erection. Within minutes, Rafe felt the swelling of Jakob’s cock. He expertly worked the muscles of his throat and was instantly rewarded with an explosion of cum.

Forcing his eyes to remain open, Rafe watched his lover grip the table as he thrust his hips forward. Jakob’s long strands of mahogany whipped back and forth, incoherent pleas choking the young man.

Rafe forgot everything at the sight of his climaxing lover… forgot he was a law enforcement agent, forgot he was at work, forget he was in a room that was secured with only a simple lock. The one part of his brain that was still functioning alerted him to the needs of his own body. Reaching down, Rafe tightly gripped the base of his erection, refusing to lose control.

A whispered sigh of contentment accompanied Jakob’s collapse into Rafe’s arms. The youth’s head lolled around on the agent’s shoulder, his lips pressing kisses to Rafe’s jaw every time his mouth came into contact with the warm skin.

It was a few seconds before Jakob found the strength to right himself and wrap his arms around Rafe’s neck. A lazy smile spread across the sophomore’s face as he stared at his older lover. "You give good tips."

Rafe nodded, afraid the sound of his voice would unlock the precarious hold he had on his control. With the utmost tenderness, he tucked Jakob back into his jeans and buttoned the well-worn fabric. Once the battered lollipop was discarded in a nearby trashcan, Rafe smoothed his lover’s jersey back in place, taking a second to map the youth’s slender build with his hands.

A moment of weakness overwhelmed Rafe and he buried his face against Jakob’s flat abdomen, uttering words he was not ready for his lover to know. A finger lifted his chin and Rafe found himself gazing into understanding eyes.

{ Me too. }

Jakob brushed a wayward lock of Rafe’s hair back into place. Leaning forward, he nuzzled the man’s neck, kissing the hickey he had given to Rafe last night. "You make me fly, Brian."

Slipping from his lover’s embrace, Jakob stood and brushed his long hair back into place. With a wicked smile aimed at the FBI agent, he adjusted himself and thrust his hips forward slightly.

"I could make another delivery, if you want."

Rafe groaned and pointed toward the door. ‘Out! Leave now or I won’t be responsible for my actions."

Jakob laughed and swooped in for one last kiss. Grabbing Rafe’s hand, he pulled a pen from the man’s shirt pocket and scribbled his phone number on his palm. "Call me."

Rafe nodded. Standing up, he pulled Jakob into a fierce hug. With a smile, he slapped his naughty lover on the ass and pushed him toward the door. { I’ll call you later tonight. Until then… behave! }

Jakob pursed his lips and blew a kiss at the older man. "Never!"

Rafe shook his head as he watched Jakob saunter out of the room. A forced cough caught his attention and he saw Henri slide into view.

"I take it that’s the something you wanted to talk to me about."

"Yeah." Rafe sank back down on the chair he had just vacated. Rubbing his neck, he glanced up at his friend. "Am I fucked or what?"

The black police captain stepped into the room and shut the door. Moving to stand beside Rafe, he gripped the confused man’s shoulder. "How long has this been going on?"

"Less than a week." Rafe shook his head. "Has it only been a week? Damn. It feels like I’ve been with him forever."

Henri smiled slightly. "Do the guys know about you and him?"

Rafe groaned and hung his head. "No. I mean… they know we met at the college where I’m taking art classes."

His friend raised an eyebrow in question and Rafe rushed forth with an explanation. "Jakob was one of the models volunteering to pose for our class."

Rafe sighed heavily. "Damn it, H. I had no idea who he was. He fucking came on to me and I just couldn’t keep my hands off of him." The slender man jumped up and began to pace the small room. "He’s so damn irresistible. Not to mention lusty as hell."

Rafe paused to look out the room’s solitary window. "Jakob’s fucked me into total incoherency and I still want more."

Henri watched his friend resume his pacing. "Is it just sex, Brian?"

Rafe twirled around, nearly loosing his balance. "Hell no, H!"

The police captain indicated Rafe should sit back down. "So you’re serious about Jakob?"

The dark haired liaison officer nodded his head. "Yeah. He’s definitely got a hold on my heart."

Tapping his chin, Henri looked up at the ceiling. "You realize Simon, Jim and Blair are going to go ballistic when they find out you’re fucking their son."

Another sigh invaded the silence. "I know. H?" Rafe looked at his friend. "What should I do?"

"Make sure your affairs are in order?"

Rafe chuckled. "Seriously, H? I really like Jakob. And you know how protective Simon, Blair and Jim were of him when he was a kid. What if they tell me I can’t see him again?"

Henri stood and stretched. "Last time I checked, Jakob was an adult and thus, able to make his own decisions regarding who he dates." The police captain moved toward the door. "I wouldn’t worry about it, Rafe. Sure the guys are gonna bellow and roar about an older man taking advantage of their son but I think once they see how serious you are about Jakob, they’ll calm down and accept your relationship."

Glancing back at his friend, Henri smiled. "Quit worrying, bro. Everything’s gonna be just fine."

"From your lips to God’s ears." Rafe stood up and followed the black man out the room.

"Hey, H? They’ve invited me and Jakob to dinner this weekend. Wanna come?"

A laugh echoed back to the slender man. "As much as I’d like to see you sweat, I’ll have to pass on that invitation."

Henri waited for Rafe to catch up with him. "I tell you what, Rafe. Next time you get the hots for a youngun, you might want to check in with me and let me find out who his parents are. I guarantee it’ll keep you alive and in one piece."

Rafe rolled his eyes and followed his friend down the hall. "Smartass."



PART 6

Tossing his wet towel back into the steam filled bathroom, Jakob slid on clean underwear and sat down on the side of his unmade bed. Grabbing his discarded jeans off the floor, he pulled out a slip of photographs and chuckled. He and Brian had gone to the mall tonight for several hours, just hanging out and window shopping, enjoying each other’s company. In a moment of silliness, Jakob had pulled the older man inside one of those small photobooths and insisted they have their pictures made while making funny faces for the camera. Brian had happily complied with his request and the proof was now resting in the sophomore’s hands.

Jakob smiled at the goofy faces Brian had made. The funniest one was when he had goosed the man’s ass. Good thing the small booth had a sturdily mounted curtain. Brian’s avenging kiss had Jakob clawing at the cloth barrier.

The sophomore tapped a finger on the collection of small photos. He did indeed enjoy ruffling the FBI agent’s feathers. The ever-present hickey on Brian’s neck was proof of his efforts.

Jakob stretched out on his bed, his hands going behind his head as he stared up at the cracked ceiling tiles and contemplated the recent turn of events in his life. The nineteen year old had instantly recognized Brian the night he had posed for the art class. Jakob remembered the older man visiting his fathers on several occasions. He also recalled how impeccably dressed Brian always was. What was it his partner used called him? Mr. GQ? Never a hair out of place, never a spot or wrinkle on his expensive suits. Except for that one time.

Shoving a strand of damp hair behind his ear, Jakob rolled over on his stomach and placed the photos of he and Brian on his pillow. Smiling at the image of his lover, he recalled the night Brian had agreed to baby-sit a cranky, seven-year-old still recovering from a bout of chicken pox. By the time his fathers had returned, Jakob had managed to spill chocolate milk on the detective’s new jacket, dump a bowl of cherry vanilla ice cream on his polished shoes and rip a small hole in the seat of his pants. The last offense had occurred when he had insisted, at the top of his lungs, that Brian join him for a ride in his go-cart.

The older man had suffered all the indignities inflicted upon him with an indulgent smile, never once raising his voice or his hand at Jakob. The night had ended with the two of them stretched out on the floor of the living room playing video games, a skill Brian proved quite adept at.

Jakob closed his eyes and recalled the man from 12 years ago—Brian, laughing, his dark chestnut hair tangled and mussed, a stick of licorice hanging from the corner of his mouth, a smudge of peanut butter on his cheek and his bare toes wiggling with delight as he defeated his competitor’s evil warriors.

Jakob shook his head. That carefree Brian Rafe had quickly disappeared over the next two years. The detective rarely came by the house and when he did, he looked tired and extremely sad. Jakob remembered innocently asking Brian what was wrong and receiving a tear laden hug in return. The man had quickly made his excuses and left, never to be seen again. Papá Blair had explained that Rafe’s father was very sick and Jakob had instantly insisted on sending the unknown gentleman a get-well card.

"Wonder if he ever got it?" Jakob asked Brian’s photograph.

Sighing heavily, the sophomore sat up, looked at the clock and reached for his notebook. Bringing the small computer online, he quickly checked his email. A note from Brian brought a smile to Jakob’s face.

<<<Had fun tonight, Wildcat. Don’t forget to scan those pics and send me a copy. And… let me know when you get out of class tomorrow and we can set up a time to chat online. Later! Bri>>>

Jakob composed a short answer and sent it on its way. Waiting for his MSN Messenger program to start up, the teenager thought back to the moment he had seen Brian standing beside Professor Mutanne. A lingering sadness in the man’s hazel eyes was the first thing that had caught Jakob’s attention. He was immediately overwhelmed with the urge to tease the well-dressed man and once again, bring that remembered smile from his childhood to Brian’s handsome face.

Reading body language was second nature to Jakob and he quickly recognized a loneliness, an unspoken hunger in the older man. This attracted the teenager more than anything else and without conscious effort, Jakob found himself making a move on Brian. Surprised at how intensely attracted he was to the dark haired man, the sophomore aggressively pursued him… literally. A dark empty classroom had witnessed Brian’s surrender and even now, Jakob could still feel the heat of the man’s cum as it overflowed into his hands.

Shaking his head to clear away the erotic images of Brian, he checked his buddy list to see who was online. His ex-boyfriend, Marc, sent a chat request but Jakob declined and quickly blocked the soccer player from contacting him again. "Jerk!"

The Italian athlete had decided it was time to step up their relationship--hand jobs and blowjobs suddenly not enough for his overactive libido. Jakob, while more than happy to tease and torture his boyfriend with his hands, mouth and cock, was not quiet ready to have his body invaded by the Italian stallion. When Marc threatened to take his studly attributes elsewhere if Jakob didn’t shut up and take it in the ass, the hearing impaired sophomore displayed the one finger salute and sent the soccer player on his way.

I’ll take it up the ass when I’m good and ready>. Wiggling his butt, Jakob grinned at the photographs of Brian. And me thinks I’ll be ready real soon.

An announcement box popped up on his computer screen, informing him his father was online. Jakob quickly initiated a chat.

// Papá !//

// Jakob! How’s my favorite son? //

// Fucking fantastic! What about you? Coming home soon? I miss you. //

// Watch your language! <g> Miss you, too, Cubbybear. //

// PAPÁ!!! Don’t call me that! //

// <bwg> No matter how old you get, you’ll always be my Cubbybear. //

// <groan> So when you coming home? // Jakob glanced once again at the photographs. Of his three fathers, it was Blair’s support he wanted and needed the most.

// I’ll be home next Wednesday. //

// Damn! Can’t come any sooner? //

// Sorry, son. No can do. Why? //

// I need your help, Papá. With Dad and Simon. //

// Need my help? Why? Is something wrong? //

// Don’t get your undies in a wad, Papá. <g> It’s nothing bad. //>

// Then why do you need my help? What’s going on? //

Jakob chewed on his bottom lip, suddenly unsure of confessing his relationship with Brian.

// Jakob? //

// I met a man, Papá. And I don’t think Dad and Simon are real happy about it. //

// Now, Jakob, we’ve had this discussion before. Me, Jim and Simon, none of us have any problems, whatsoever, with you dating boys. Your sexual preference is just that… yours. And I’m sure Jim and Simon were just being their usual over protective fatherly selves. //

// Papá… you’re not listening. I met a man. //

// And I’m sure he’s a very fine young man. You have impeccable taste, Jakob. You take after me, after all! <g> //

// Papá? I didn’t say he was young. // Jakob grinned; he could almost imagine the look on his father’s face.

// Papá? //

// Papá? //

// How not young is this man of yours? //

// <g> He’s your age, Papá. //

Several long seconds passed by with no answer.

// Papá? You still there? //

// Papá? It’s Rafe. I’m dating Brian Rafe. //

// Rafe? Didn’t know he was back in town. Wasn’t he living in LA? //

// He just moved back. Got a job with the FBI. //

// FBI? Well, good for Rafe. How did you meet him? //

// We met at college. I was a model for the art class he’s in. //

// Model? As in NAKED model? //

Jakob laughed out loud.

// <bwg> PAPÁ!!! I did not take my clothes off for him during the art class. // The teenager underlined the word during, knowing full well it would tease the hell out of his father.

// You are a wicked child. <g> Did Rafe recognize you? Know who you were? //

// <g> Nope. Not a clue. But then, he hasn’t seen me in over ten years. I do look a little different. //

// How long have you two been dating? //

// FIVE WHOLE DAYS!! He’s been over to my apartment several times. And I went by and saw him at work today. He’s some sort of liaison officer with Major Crimes… your old stomping ground. // Jakob watched the screen. He could almost predict what Blair would say next.

// Jakob? Are you two sleeping together? Have you had sex? //

// Papá! I can’t believe you just asked me that. //

// I’m your father. Sue me! <g> //

// Papá!!!! //

// <g> Well… have you? //

// <rolls eyes> <g> No, we haven’t slept together yet… I do have a roommate, remember? And no, we haven’t done the dirty deed yet. //

// Jakob! //

// You asked!!! //

// Well… since we’re on the subject… any hanky panky going on? //

// <bweg> //

// Please tell me you aren’t turning into a sex fiend. //

// Nope! Sex dynamo, yes. Sex fiend, no. //

// I can tell right now that Rafe is going to have his hands full with you. //

// Oh yeah! His hands will definitely be full of something! But I think he already knows that. We only just started dating and he’s already struggling to keep up with my… enthusiastic nature. //

// <g> Is that what you call it nowadays? //>

// Well, I could say Brian’s had the best blow jobs of his life these past few days but that might be more than you want to know. <eg> //

// No comment. //

// LOL! Seriously Papá… he’s a great guy. And I really like him… a lot. He makes me feel good--inside. You know what I mean? //

// Yeah, I know what you mean. Your dads make me feel the same way. //

// Dad invited me and Brian over for Sunday dinner. I think they’re going to give him the third degree—try and scare him off. // Jakob looked at the photographs. Don’t worry, Brian. I’ll protect you. Brave the lions for you.

// I doubt that, Jakob. I’m sure they just want to check out his intentions. //

// I don’t want them talking Brian into dumping me. I like him—I really like him. //

// I’m sure they won’t do that. //

// Brian’s already having doubts about dating me cause I’m so much younger than him. And he’s sure Dad and Simon are going to kill him when they find out he’s been messing around with their son. //

// Find out? You haven’t told them you’re dating Rafe? //

Jakob sighed and shook his head. // No, not yet. I’m not ready for Lecture #549. //

// <g> //

// Papá, I’m serious. I don’t want them chasing Brian off. //

// Do you want me to talk to them? //

// Would you? Please? I wouldn’t ask if I thought this was just a fuck ‘em, leave ‘em sort of thing. //

Jakob stared at the photo that best captured Brian’s smile. You’re more than just a fuck, Brian Rafe. Way more. The nineteen year old returned his attention to his father’s next words.

// I’ll give them a call tomorrow—catch them before they go to work. How’s that? //

// Thanks, Papá. I appreciate it. //

// No problem. Now Jakob… //

// Yeah? //

// Be careful, son. I don’t want you getting your heart broken. //

// Don’t worry, Papá. I think it’s going to be okay. Brian really seems to like me—his whole face lights up when I kiss him. //

// Okay, Jakob. Just know that if you need anything—need to talk—you can come to me—or Jim—or Simon. We’re always here for you. //

// Thanks, Papá. That means a lot to me. //

// Anytime, Cubbybear. Now… make sure you let me know how things go on Sunday. If your dads act like assholes and need whipping, I’ll be more than happy to get my paddle out. //

// <bg> I’ll be sure and tell them that. Maybe it will get them to behave. //

// <g> Anything else? It’s way past my bedtime here. //

// No. That’s all for now. Love ya, Papá! You’re the best! //

// I know! <bg> Love you, Jakob. Behave now. //

// Never! //

// Goodnight, Jakob! //

// Night! See ya when you get home. //

Jakob signed off and powered down his notebook. Picking up the slip of photos, he tacked them to his bulletin board and stared at Brian’s face for several minutes. Lying back on his bed, he heaved a sigh of relief.

One dad down, two to go.




PART 7


"Fuck!"

Jim collapsed forward, his dick still firmly imbedded in his husband’s ass. Simon protested his weight with an incoherent mumble and a half-hearted thrust of his hips. It took a few minutes before Jim recovered the scattered pieces of his brain and pulled his dick out. Flopping over on his back, he grinned at the totally wasted look on his mate’s face.

"Doesn’t get any better than that," he whispered to Simon. A grunt acknowledged his claim.

Rolling to his side, Jim snuggled closer to the black man, wrapping an arm and leg around his large frame before he slid his hand down to Simon’s ass and dipped a finger into the mess dribbling from the man’s relaxed pucker. "Fucking you is a real joy, Simon."

Jim brushed his cum stained finger over Simon’s ass before leaning close and kissing his husband hard. With a smile, Jim pulled back and watched Simon turn on his back and stretch lazily, the sight of his dark, swollen nipples and semi hard dick making the Sentinel moan. Sliding forward, Jim latched onto one wrinkled bud and sucked hungrily. Fingers running through his hair encouraged him to increase his efforts. Shifting closer, Jim nudged Simon’s ball and dick with his bent knee.

"Ready to go again, Big Boy? I’ve got an ass that’s just dying to be ridden hard and put up wet."

Simon cracked open an eye. "You’ve got to be kidding?"

Simon watched Jim straddle his waist, placing his ass directly over his groin. Moaning at the feel of his erection sliding along the crack of Jim’s ass, Simon reached for the lube. The shrill ring of the phone stopped his search. "What the hell? Who’s calling at this hour?"

Jim nibbled his way across Simon’s chest. "Let the answering machine get it," he mumbled.

"Yeah," Simon whispered, directing Jim’s mouth lower.

"GET YOUR DICK OUT OF HIS ASS AND EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE HELL YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ABOUT JAKOB AND RAFE WHEN I CALLED LAST MONDAY!"

Simon and Jim snapped to attention the second they heard Blair’s voice. Simon’s color paled and Jim simply froze in place, his eyes wide with unmistakable fear.

Simon spoke first. "You answer it."

"No, you."

"He was your husband first."

"I’m too young to die." Jim pulled the covers over his head.

"Quit debating who gets his ass whipped first and ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!"

Simon swallowed hard and with a trembling hand, reached for the cordless. "Sweetness! Is that you? Shouldn’t you be snoozing with Mr. Sandman right now? It’s awfully late where you are."

"Cut the crap, Simon. And tell me why I’m the last one on the block to know about Rafe dating my son."

He is mad, Simon mouthed to Jim, who finally had finally appeared from under the covers.

"You’re damn right I’m mad. You two should have told me," Blair yelled.

Simon grimaced. "Blairbear, we…."

"Don’t Blairbear me! I want to know why you didn’t feel it necessary to tell me about Rafe and Jakob?"

Simon pinched the bridge of his nose. "Don’t yell at me, Sweetness. I was ready to kill Rafe the moment Jim smelled his cum on Jakob."

Jim groaned and ducked back under the covers. "Did you have to tell him that," he muttered.

"WHAT?!"

Blair’s scream almost shattered Simon’s eardrum. The black man ignored his young husband’s outburst. "In fact, I had to hold Jim back. He was ready to kill both Rafe and Jakob when he called them on the phone and heard them fucking only hours after meeting each other."

Simon dropped the phone and stared at it in amazement. The expletives coming from it shocked him into complete silence. He ripped the covers off Jim and pointed to the cordless. "It’s your turn, fearless Sentinel. My innocent ears cannot handle that kind of language."

Jim looked at the phone as if it was a snake. Shaking his head, he sat up and girded his loins so to speak, wrapping the sheet around his waist. Picking up the cordless, he spoke one quiet word, halting the ramble of profanity.

"Blair."

The anthropologist’s tirade dissolved into a confused sob. "Jim, our baby’s in love. In love with Rafe. He’s too young, Jim. Way too young."

Jim felt Simon’s arms go around his waist. The older man pulled him close and offered him the comfort of his embrace. Jim sighed and rested his head on Simon’s shoulder, sharing the cordless with him.

"Did Jakob tell you he was in love with Rafe, Blair?"

"Not in so many words but I could tell. I could hear it in his voice. He told me he’s seen Rafe almost every day of this week."

Jim sighed again and closed his eyes. "What do you think we should do about this, Chief? They’re coming over Sunday for dinner." The Sentinel reached out and took Simon’s hand in his. "Do you want us to tell Rafe to back off? We can tell him we’d rather he not date Jakob, if you think that’s what needs to be done."

Jim smiled slightly as he imagined Blair sitting on his bed, running a hand through his hair, a confused look on his face. "I’m sure Rafe will bow out gracefully if we ask him. Is that what you want us to do?"

Blair’s frustrated sigh was easily heard by both men. "No, we can’t do that. Jakob sincerely cares for Rafe and if we try to break them up, he’ll only see him behind our backs. Not to mention, hate us for interfering in his life. I don’t want that."

Simon turned his head and spoke loud enough for Blair to hear. "But Sweetness… we do need to find out what Rafe’s intentions are." Simon rubbed his hand over Jim’s back. "If he’s serious about dating Jakob, serious about developing a relationship with him, then I’ll support him 100%"

Jim nodded and pressed a kiss to Simon’s chest. "I agree. But I’ll tell you what, Blair. If Rafe is just fooling around with our son, getting his rocks off by hanging with a younger man, then his ass is out the door. I will not stand by and allow him to hurt Jakob. I don’t care if Jakob does end up hating us. I won’t sit idly by and let Rafe break his heart. I simply refuse."

"I told Jakob I would support him in this," Blair said. "And I will." He chuckled slightly. "I’m sure you wouldn’t think that by the way I just reacted. But dammit, Jim. Jakob’s just a baby… too young for all that fooling around."

Jim smiled. "Blair, I know your memory’s fading." He laughed at the sputtered protests. "But think back. How old were you when you first fucked somebody."

"I know, I know. I was all of sixteen. But still… Jakob’s my son and guess I’m just not ready to think of him as a sexually active adult." Blair sighed heavily. "Where’d the time go, Jim? Where’s that little boy I used to hold in my arms?"

Leaving Jim to talk to Blair, Simon slid down in the bed and pushed his husband on his back. He ran his hand over the man’s smooth chest and flat abdomen, pausing to play with the coarse curls that surrounded his dick.

Jim arched into Simon’s hand, encouraging a more thorough exploration of his erection. "We’ll talk to Rafe. See what… yessss… see what’s really going on with him and Jakob. And when you get home…" Jim hissed as a slick finger discovered his hole. "… you can talk to him, too."

"Is Simon finger fucking your ass," Blair asked. "You only make that noise when he’s playing with your hole."

Jim yelped when Simon bit his nipple. Nearly dropping the cordless, he fumbled with it several times before getting it back in place against his ear. "You still there, Chief?" Jim heard his young husband panting heavily.

"Give the phone to Simon. I want to tell him how to fuck you."

Jim stared at the cordless phone. "You wanna have phone sex at…" He craned his neck and glanced at the clock. "… at two a.m. in the morning?"

"You got something better to do?"

Jim grinned and lifted his legs to his chest, giving Simon better access to his ass. He tapped the black man on his head and offered him the phone.

Thrusting his tongue inside Jim’s hole, Simon took another taste. He took the phone after licking his lips and leering at Jim. "You need something, Sweetness?"

"Let’s fuck Jim hard, Simon. Make him scream his head off. Here’s what I want you to do."

Simon grinned at his lusty mate, watching him pinch his nipples. "You are so in for it."

An hour later, the rafters of the Sandburg-Ellison-Banks home rattled as a scream lifted off the roof.



PART 8

"Since this may be my last day on this earth, I might as well go out looking good." Rafe adjusted the collar of his dark blue Polo shirt. Tucking the hem into the waistband of his Dockers, he stepped into his deck shoes and surveyed his appearance in the mirror. Pulling on the hair that was starting to curl along the nape of his neck, he asked, "What does Jakob see in an old guy like me?" The FBI agent examined his face closely, noting the signs of aging around his eyes. "I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t want to be dating someone his own age."

Rafe sat down on the edge of his bed and contemplated the easel that held the unfinished portrait of the college sophomore. He stared at Jakob’s lean form, his eyes captured by the knowing smile on his face. "Why do I have the feeling that you knew, even then, that we were going to end up together? Rafe ran his hand through his hair, disturbing his carefully brushed style. "I didn’t stand a chance, did I?"

Leaning forward, he touched a finger to Jakob’s etched smile. "Us being together… it wouldn’t be so bad if you only had one father. That would mean I’d only have one father to answer to. But no, Wildcat! You had to have three. Three men who know way too much about me and my past."

That could be a good thing, a voice whispered in his ear.

"Yeah but it could also be a bad thing," Rafe answered himself, the memory of his active social life coming back to haunt him. "I can’t even remember the number of double dates I went on with Jim and Blair." He shook his head. "How much you want to bet they remember, especially Jim."

Rafe reached for the small notepad and pencil he had lying on his bedside table. After scribbling a few words on the pad, he ripped the page free and tucked it in his shirt pocket. "Just in case."

Before he could wallow any deeper in his depression, the doorbell rang. Jumping to his feet, Rafe hurried through his spacious condo and threw open the door.

"Jaaa… OH MY GOD!" A vision of leather and lust leaning casually against the doorframe greeted him.

{ Like what you see? } Jakob pushed away from his resting place, his black leather jacket sliding open to reveal his bare chest. A wicked smile spread across his face as he flicked a strand of his hair over his shoulder, the action drawing attention to his recently pierced ear. Pointing to the two gemstone studs, he explained, { Amethyst for me, emerald for you. }

Rafe brushed his finger over his lover’s bejeweled earlobe. "You did this for me?"

Jakob caught the older man’s hand and brought it to his mouth. He slowly slid his tongue over the finger that wore the ring he had given Rafe, the ring that made a statement about their relationship. Clearing his throat, he said, "For us. To show my fathers I’m serious about you."

Rafe groaned as an unquenchable fire settled in his groin. "At least it was just your ear that got pierced."

Jakob brushed Rafe’s finger over his left nipple, working the small nub until it was hard. "Actually…."

Rafe stared at his lover’s naked flesh. A simple touch to the back of his neck by Jakob and he lowered his head, closing his mouth over the tempting nipple. He clawed Jakob’s leather jacked as he sucked hungrily, his tongue and mouth torturing the small nub. It wasn’t until he became aware of Jakob’s breathless moans that Rafe released the nipple.

Straightening, he smiled and signed. { Tit for tat. }

Jakob gripped the doorframe as he struggled to catch his breath. "You will pay for that, Brian Rafe," he whispered hoarsely.

Rafe quickly pinched Jakob’s tender, swollen nipple and jumped back. "I look forward to my punishment." The sound of his cellphone’s shrill ring sobered him instantly. Taking Jakob’s hand, he pulled him inside and closed the door before digging out his phone.

"Hello?" He watched Jakob wander around the first floor of his condo. "He just arrived. Is there anything you need me to bring? You sure? Okay. See you soon."

"That was Simon. He was wondering where we are." Rafe replaced his phone in his pocket before walking over to where Jakob was standing. "Those are my parents," he said, indicating the solitary picture frame sitting on the fireplace mantle. "My dad died of lung cancer ten years ago… that was shortly after I left Cascade. My Mom…" Rafe paused for a second, the grief of his mother’s recent death still weighing heavily on his heart. "Mom died a little over two months ago. She just fell asleep one night and didn’t wake up."

Rafe took comfort in Jakob’s embrace, seeking the warmth of his love and understanding. Pulling back, he smiled. "I think she just got tired of living without Dad by her side. They had been married forty years when he passed away." He swiped at the tears that were threatening to fall. "I miss them both. It’s hard being all alone with no family."

Jakob kissed Rafe gently on the lips. "I’ll share mine with you," he said softly.

Rafe returned Jakob’s kiss, taking several seconds to savor his mouth. Pulling away, he turned and stared at the photo on the mantle, whispering to himself, "Yours might not want me." Rafe looked over his shoulder at his young lover. "I haven’t received the seal of approval yet."

Jakob rolled his eyes and shook his head. { My approval is the only one you need, } he signed, punctuating the last word with a forceful thrust of his hand.

Rafe caught Jakob’s hands and held them. "I know that. But it’s important to me that they do approve." He pulled the slender youth closer. "I want them to support our relationship, not be against it. Do you understand?"

Jakob nipped Rafe’s chin. "Okay, okay. Let’s go get some parental approval." He pulled Rafe to the door and waited patiently while the condo’s security system was set. Following him outside, he slapped Rafe’s ass and laughed when he jumped in surprise.

Rafe made a playful grab for Jakob and nearly fell on his face when he caught sight of their mode of transportation.

"Damn!"

Jakob grinned wickedly as he swung himself onto his Harley. He crooked his finger at Rafe. "Come take a ride on the wild side with me, Bri."

"You couldn’t own a car or truck like everybody else," Rafe muttered as he took his place behind Jakob. A squeak of surprise escaped him when the nineteen year old reached back and grabbed his ass, pulling him forward. The move caused Rafe to hiss loudly when his groin collided with Jakob’s behind. But before he could scoot back and place a safe distance between the two of them, his hands were caught and pulled forward to rest between Jakob’s legs.

"You need to hold onto something solid, Bri." Jakob moved his lover’s hands so that they covered his cock. "Solid enough for you?" He laughed when Rafe squeezed his hardness. "I take it that’s a yes."

Rafe added his laughter to the moment as he slowly removed his hands and took the helmet Jakob handed him. Catching his gaze, he signed, { You remember what happened the last time we were on a cycle? }

Jakob licked his lips. { I plan on reliving that memory tonight, after I bring you home. }

Rafe grinned. { That’s if your fathers don’t kill me. }

Jakob gripped Rafe’s chin and kissed him hard and fast. "Don’t worry, Bri," he whispered. "I plan to bring you back alive."



PART 9

Rafe slid off the motorcycle and handed his helmet to Jakob. He smiled as his hair was carefully brushed back into place. { Thanks. } Turning his attention to the two story house, Rafe swallowed nervously. { Why do I feel like I’m going to my execution? }

Grinning, Jakob secured his and Rafe’s helmets to the back of his bike. { You gotta quit worrying, Bri. Everything’s gonna be okay. }

Rafe walked beside his lover as they made their way to the front door. { I hope those aren’t famous last words. }

Laughing, Jakob turned and threw his arms around Rafe’s shoulders, pulling him close. { Want a kiss for luck? }

Rafe smiled. { I’ll take all the help I can get. }

Jakob growled softly and moved closer, claiming Rafe’s lips, inviting the man to take possession of his mouth. Rafe obliged by slipping his tongue inside. A shiver passed through his body when Jakob lightly bit down on his tongue and coaxed it into dueling with his own. Tangling his hands in the soft strands that surrounded Jakob’s face, Rafe slowly pulled away from the kiss and rested his forehead against Jakob’s for several seconds as he struggled to regain his breath.

Feeling the need to be wicked, Jakob slid one hand over Rafe’s back and down to his behind. He squeezed the rounded firmness several times, pressing his fingers against Rafe’s hole and grinning at the man’s answering moans. Just as he was about to make a move on the area between Rafe’s legs, the front door jerked open, revealing both Simon and Jim. Rafe stiffened with embarrassment and tried, unsuccessfully, to move away. Jakob gripped Rafe’s arm with his free hand and refused to allow him to escape. Turning slightly to the side, he made sure his fathers noticed where he was touching Rafe and, with a lift of an eyebrow, dared them to comment on it. Once he was sure there were no protests forthcoming, Jakob released his lover and kissed him on the nose. Slipping past his fathers, he innocently inquired, "Is it time to eat yet?"

Rafe found himself the focus of two pairs of disapproving parental eyes. Hanging his head to hide his blush, he reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out the small piece of paper he had tucked inside earlier. He handed it to Simon. "This is the funeral home you can send my body to."

With a straight face, Simon examined the note and said, "Actually I was planning to bury you in the flower garden."

Rafe snapped his head up and caught the twinkle of merriment in Simon’s eyes. "You might want to find another spot. I’d probably kill your flowers." He chuckled and held out his hand. "Thanks for inviting me over."

Before Simon could move, Jim, who had remained silent, grabbed Rafe’s wrist. "Where did you get that ring," he growled.

Rafe grimaced in pain and attempted to jerk free. "Dammit, Jim. Let go."

Jim ignored Rafe’s request and tightened his grip. "I repeat… where did you get that ring?"

Jakob reappeared suddenly and pushed his way between the two men. "Back off, Dad," he angrily warned. "I gave the ring to him. You got a problem with that?" Glaring at Jim, Jakob peeled his father’s hand off Rafe’s wrist. "We’re together." He lifted Rafe’s hand to his mouth and softly kissed the bruised flesh. "Deal with it."

+++++++

Rafe sat on the back porch and watched Jakob argue with Jim, his hands moving almost too fast for Rafe to read. Sighing, he took a sip of his beer and glanced over Simon. "I take it Jim’s not very happy with all of this."

"Let’s take a walk." Simon stood and guided his guest down the porch steps and around to the side of the house where his rosebushes were. He spent several minutes trimming away dead leaves before speaking.

"I think Jim has had the hardest time coming to grips with the fact that Jakob’s an adult now. He and Blair still think of him as their little boy. And because of that, Jim’s not quite sure how to handle the age difference between you and Jakob."

Simon snipped off a yellow rose and handed it to Rafe. "If you remember, Jim was given a lot of grief when he started to openly date Blair. And correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember several robbing the cradle remarks coming from you and H’s mouths."

"Shit!" Rafe stared up at Simon, a look of apology on his face. "We were just joking. I never in a million years thought Jim would take it to heart."

"Well, he did." Simon indicated Rafe’s beer bottle with a nod of his head. "Finished?" Taking the empty bottle, he tossed it into recycle bin standing against the side of the house. "The age difference between Jim and Blair was a major obstacle for the two of them… more so for Jim than Blair. He nearly allowed it to destroy their relationship."

A barking German Shepherd puppy joined them, nipping at Simon’s feet. Leaning down, he scooped up the small dog and handed it to Rafe. "Meet Greta."

Rafe took the dog and found himself treated to a slobbery kiss. Wiping his face with his hand, he followed after Simon as he made his way through his rosebushes. "Are you telling me Jim doesn’t want me dating Jakob because I’m too old?"

Simon chuckled at the sight of Greta chomping down on the rose he had given Rafe earlier. Reclaiming the wiggling puppy, he set her back on the ground. "What I’m saying is this… if you’re having any doubts about being in a relationship with Jakob because of the age difference, then do yourself a favor and end it now. Because… if, later on, you decide you can’t handle dating a younger man and you break it off with Jakob, Jim’s gonna kill you for hurting his son."

Rafe took hold of Simon’s arm. "What about me? What if Jakob dumps me?"

Having caught the words his lover had spoken, Jakob stepped into view and slid his arms around Rafe’s waist. "No way, babe." Smiling, he softly demanded, "Would you please stop it with the I’m too old thing?" Jakob glanced over his shoulder at Simon and the silently approaching Jim. "I don’t want to hear either one of you say one more word about Bri being too old or me being too young."

Twisting around, he faced his fathers. "You guys need to lighten up. It’s not like me and Bri are getting married tomorrow." Jakob took Rafe’s hand and slid it across his naked chest until it rested over his heart. To emphasize his words, he signed, { This is the man I want to be with. Don’t you dare do anything to mess this up. }

Stepping clear of Rafe’s embrace, he examined each one of their faces. "Are we all clear on this matter?" Three heads nodded in unison. "Good. Let’s eat." Jakob chased after Greta with Simon following close behind.

Rafe took a step forward but found his way blocked by Jim.

"If you hurt him…" the older man warned.

This last threat was the straw that broke the camel’s back for Rafe. "That’s it. I’ve had it." He got right up in Jim’s face and said, "Listen to me carefully, Jim Ellison. I… am… dating… your son. And I will continue to do so until he says otherwise. And there’s really nothing you can say or do that will change that."

Rafe caught sight of the ring Jakob had given him to wear and the memory of what it stood for helped diffuse his anger. He placed his hand on Jim’s shoulder. "I truly care for your son. He has somehow wormed his way into my heart."

Rafe smiled tightly as he looked up at his friend. "You have to know that I will treat Jakob with the respect he deserves and care for him to the best of my ability. If love happens to work its way into the equation, then I’m all for it. Spending the rest of my life with Jakob would indeed be a blessing from God."

Jim spent several seconds searching Rafe’s eyes, verifying the truth of his words. "I hope you mean that." He held up his hand, stalling Rafe’s answer. "Look, I need to say this and then I’ll shut up. I am not happy with this situation, whatsoever. Hell, if you want the real truth, I’d much prefer you to tell Jakob goodbye right now and move on. And no, it’s not just about your age." Jim sighed heavily and hung his head. "For years I had to worry about Blair getting that call from some faceless voice down at the precinct, telling him either me or Simon was killed on the job." Jim lifted his eyes to Rafe. "I sure as hell don’t want Jakob to know that fear or heartache."

Rafe gripped Jim’s arm. "I can’t change who I am or what I do, Jim. I work in law enforcement. And you, as well as Simon and Blair, know the dangers that come along with it. Jakob’s your son. I’m sure he understands that as well." Rafe released his hold on Jim and stepped back, running his hand through his hair. "I can’t promise you Jakob won’t ever get that call. But you can bet I’ll do my best to make sure that he doesn’t."

"That’s all I can ask." Jim threw his arm around Rafe's shoulders and led him to the back of the house. "I’ll tell you something else. If you and Jakob do eventually get hitched, don’t you dare call me Dad."

Rafe grinned. "Got it. I can handle that."

Jim returned Rafe’s grin. "Shall we go stuff ourselves with the best steaks money can buy?"

"Lead on, Pops."

"Rafe!"



PART 10

Jakob closed the door, and with a wicked smile spreading across his face, advanced upon his lover. { Give me a kiss, Bri. }

Rafe backed away, nervously glancing around the nineteen-year-old's bedroom. { We should go back downstairs. Simon said dessert would be ready soon. }

Jakob stripped off his leather jacket and tossed it on a nearby chair. Rubbing his hand over his chest, he licked his lips. { Just one kiss, Bri. That's all I want. }

Rafe stared at Jakob's bare chest, his fingers itching to touch the tanned musculature. { Why don't I believe you? }

Jakob laughed as he moved closer to the older man. { Relax, Bri. All I want to do is kiss you. } He fingered his nipples, moaning softly as he pulled on the sensitive nubs.

{ Kissing you could be dangerous. } Rafe skirted the edge of the waterbed and pulled open the closet door, his only thought to find a shirt that would cover Jakob's tempting physique. Before he could grab something, Jakob caught him by the waist and turned him around, pushing him inside the closet.

"Come on, Bri." Jakob snapped on the overhead light before whispering huskily, "Kiss me."

Rafe gripped the hands unbuckling his belt. "If you're looking for my mouth, you're looking in the wrong place."

Jakob grinned saucily and pulled one hand free, expertly releasing the button on the waistband of Rafe's slacks. Sliding to his knees, he treated the man's navel to a loud, wet raspberry.

Intent on removing himself from the tongue that was determined to drill him a deeper bellybutton, Rafe stumbled backwards, slamming his head against the rear wall of the closet. "Ouch!" Rubbing the sore spot, he nudged Jakob with his knee. When he looked up, Rafe signed, { My lips are a little bit higher, Hotshot. }

{ I'm taking the scenic route. } Not waiting for an answer, Jakob quickly undid Rafe's slacks and swallowed his cock. Clothes fell around him as Rafe fought to remain standing, his hands ripping shirts and pants from their hangers. Lightly scraping his teeth against the base of Rafe's cock, Jakob began to hum, the sound adding to the wet suction, pushing the torture up a notch. Rafe's hand tangling in his hair caused him to look upwards and he almost choked with laughter. His lover had somehow gotten hold of one of his old baseball caps and had the rim clenched between his teeth in order to stifle his moans.

Jakob grimaced as the grip on his hair tightened painfully, signaling Rafe's impending climax. Deciding a bald head was not a cool look, he renewed his sucking and was quickly rewarded with a salty flood of semen. Buckling knees slapped him in his chest and, in order to prevent Rafe from tumbling down on top of him, Jakob gripped his hips and pinned him against the wall as he finished savoring his favorite dessert. A few seconds later, with Rafe tucked back inside his slacks, he licked his lips and scrambled to his feet, gently rescuing his baseball cap from being chewed to pieces.

"Now can I have my kiss, Bri?" Jakob pressed his body against Rafe's.

Hissing at the touch of rough denim against his sensitive groin, Rafe reached up and gripped the overhead clothes rack, his legs still rubbery after his monstrous climax. Leaning his head back, he grumbled, "Kiss? I can't even remember my fucking first name. How the hell am I supposed to focus on kissing?"

Jakob wrapped his arms around Rafe's waist and nuzzled his neck, completely ignoring his grouchy tirade. "Let me jog your memory." He began his assault by gently biting the lobe of Rafe's ear. "I want to fuck you so bad, Bri," he whispered. Sensing the rumble of his lover's capitulatory moan, he then nipped his way down Rafe's neck, leaving a trail of red marks that instantly begged to be licked and sucked. "I want to push you down on my bed and eat you alive." Jakob slipped his hands inside Rafe's slacks and gripped his ass. "I want to feel your body shake as I push deep inside you." Pressing his mouth against his lover's Adam's apple, he scraped the stubbled skin with his teeth. "Invite me to stay the night with you, Bri."

His next words were cut off when Rafe gripped his head and captured his mouth, sucking his tongue inside, dueling with it. The kiss was hard, consuming, cheating both men of their precious supply of air. Tilting Jakob's head back, Rafe stared down at him, admiring his swollen lips, the flush of passion on his cheeks. "Why do I let you torture me like this?"

He moved in for another kiss, this time softer, his tongue barely dancing inside Jakob's mouth. "Do you have any idea what you do to me?" Rafe dragged his lips down his lover's neck, claiming a spot, marking it for all to see. "I can't get you out of my mind. You invade my thoughts every day, every night." Burying his face in Jakob's thick, soft hair, he moaned softly. "I've never been this hungry for someone. It scares me."

Jakob tapped Rafe on the cheek, redirecting his attention. "I can't see your lips. Can't see what you're saying." He searched Rafe's dark hazel eyes, confused at the emotions he saw in them. "Is something wrong?"

Unwilling to share his words face to face, Rafe shook his head and gathered Jakob closer, softly kissing his eyes, his nose and his mouth.

"If you guys could force yourselves to come out of the closet, there's someone who wants to talk with you." Simon poked his head around the closet door, his frown directed at Rafe rather than his son.

Rafe turned Jakob around and showed him his father. { We've been outted. }

Exhibiting no shame, Jakob grinned first at Rafe and then at Simon. "Oops."

Simon rolled his eyes. { There's someone who wants to speak with you. }

"Cool!" Jakob looked over his shoulder at Rafe. "Bet it's Papá." Grabbing his jacket, he hurried out of his room.

Simon put an arm out, blocking Rafe's exit. He pointed to his neck. "Dammit, Brian. Who's the adult here?" He knelt and collected the younger man's belt, handing it to him. "You should know better."

Rafe took his belt and buckled it into place before touching his neck. "Have you ever tried saying no to Jakob?" A small smile crept across his face as he ran his hands through his tousled hair. "He doesn't always listen."

Simon chuckled as he reached over to straighten the FBI agent's collar. "I get your point. Now Jim on the other hand…." He grinned at the look of trepidation on Rafe's face. "I think he could handle the two of you necking here in this house but anything else… well… if I was you I'd zip up my fly."

"Oh shit!" Rafe blushed as he fumbled with his zipper. "Sorry about that."

Simon threw his arm around Rafe's shoulder and guided him out of the room. "I still remember what it's like to be pursued by a young lustful lover." He waggled an eyebrow at Rafe. "Make that, two young lustful lovers." Squeezing Rafe's shoulder, Simon laughed, "Come on. There's someone on the phone that wants very much to speak with you."

Rafe followed Simon downstairs and found Jakob sitting in front of a small computer screen, his fingers flying over the keyboard. Jim, who was standing beside him, beckoned Rafe to join them. "Blair's on the speakerphone and he's asking for you." Nodding at the computer, he explained, "Jakob will be able to follow and participate in the conversation using the pc."

Giving up his seat, Jakob grabbed Rafe's hand, indicating the older man should sit down in his chair. Once Rafe had complied with his request, Jakob straddled his thighs and leaned back against him. "Papá's on the phone and he wants to know what your intentions are in regards to me." Jakob grinned, turning his head to press a kiss to Rafe's cheek before looking back at the computer screen.

"Rafe?" Blair's voice came over the speaker.

Swallowing nervously, Rafe greeted the anthropologist. "Hello, Blair. How are you doing? I understand you're in Africa right now." Rafe smiled when Jakob took hold of his hand and lightly squeezed it.

"I'm doing great… getting ready to wrap things up. What's this I hear about you dating my Cubbybear?"

Rafe looked over at Simon and Jim, who were sitting together in an easy chair beside him. "Cubbybear?" Before he could inquire further, Jakob spoke up.

"You are a dead man, Papá." Blushing slightly, he grinned ruefully at his lover. "At least I don't have to worry about you showing Bri any bare butt, bearskin photos of me."

Blair chuckled. "Well… I do have that picture of you mooning the next door neighbor's daughter."

"Papá! You wouldn't dare!"

"Hey! It's what fathers are supposed to do. Rafe needs to know the real you."

Jakob patted Rafe's knee. "You're too late on that one. Bri's seen my magnificent ass and he loves it."

Simon leaned forward and pounded Rafe on the back when he started to choke. "Thank you, Jakob. We could have lived a little longer without that image in our heads."

With an indulgent smile on his face, Jim lightly slapped Jakob on the back of the head and signed, { Behave. }

{ No way. } Jakob slid his hand along Rafe's thigh, intent on teasing him one more time.

"Blair, our son needs a serious dose of discipline." Jim removed Jakob's hand. "He's going to drive poor Rafe crazy with his wickedness."

"I'm sure Rafe can handle our wayward son. Especially if you hand over that paddle we used to use on him. A few swipes with that and Jakob will be towing the line in no time."

Jakob shook his head and grinned wickedly at his fathers. "If you give Rafe the paddle, Papá, Dad won't have anything to use on Simon when he's been bad."

Two sets of fatherly mouths dropped wide open while the third fatherly voice sputtered helplessly.

Rafe grinned, first at Jakob, then at Simon and Jim. "Maybe you should just keep the paddle. I can always use that cat's tail I won at Henri's bachelor party. I'm sure it will work quite nicely on your misbehaving son's derrière."

"You go, Rafe!" Blair laughed. "I think our son has met his match. Don't you agree, Jim? Simon?"

Jim watched Rafe wrestle Jakob into a hug, their feelings for each other evident on their faces and in the way they touched each other. "He's got my vote," Jim replied, his words echoing his belief in Rafe's love for his son.

Rafe looked up, his gaze connecting with Jim's. "Thanks, man. You have no idea how much your approval means to me."

Simon pulled Jim into his arms and offered him a quick kiss on the lips. Looking over his husband's shoulder at Rafe, he said, "You know, Blair. I was really looking forward to fertilizing my roses with Rafe's old carcass." He returned Rafe's grin. "But if you two say he's okay, I guess I'll just have to find something else to feed my babies."

Blair's sigh of relief could be heard over the speakerphone. "That settles it, then. Welcome to the family, Rafe."

Dodging Jakob's searching lips, Rafe shook hands with both Jim and Simon. "I don't know what to say, guys. Thanks."

Jakob twisted free of Rafe's hold and quickly typed out a message to his father. He, then, grabbed Rafe's hand and pulled him toward the kitchen. "Time for some more dessert," he said with a wink.

Simon looked toward the speakerphone when he heard Blair's laughter. "What? What did Jakob say to you?"

"Rafe… Rafe is so in for it."

The two men could hear Blair struggle to quit laughing.

"He just told me he was off to welcome Rafe into the family."

Confused, Simon scratched his chin. "And what's so funny about that?"

"Look at the screen, lover. I'll show you what he sent me."

Simon watched as Jim slid off his lap and opened the file Blair had just emailed them. The picture that filled the screen had Simon in shock and it took a few seconds before he could stand up and look around the family room. "Where is that damn paddle?"

Jim snagged his husband's hand and pulled him into a loose embrace. "Forget the paddle. Say goodnight to Blair and let's go do a little welcoming of our own." Slowly divesting Simon of his shirt, Jim looked at the computer screen one last time, grinning lustfully at the downloaded image of a young man giving his partner a blow job.

"Good luck, Rafe. Hope you took your vitamins."



PART 11

Rafe nearly fell out of his car, his body on the verge of collapse, his features drawn with exhaustion. Catching the car door, he pulled himself upright and stood still for several minutes, willing his tired limbs to function long enough to get him safely inside his home. The slamming shut of the front door startled him and he realized he had walked from his car to his condo without conscious thought.

"Damn! I must be more tired than I thought." Throwing his keys on the small table that sat just inside the foyer, Rafe didn't even raise an eyebrow when they skidded across the highly polished surface and fell to the floor. He managed a half smile and said, "Catch ya later."

Pulling his tie loose, Rafe stumbled toward his bedroom, groaning softly as abused muscles protested each step. He paused only long enough to switch on the electric blanket before moving into the master bathroom. A shocked gasp escaped him when he finally caught sight of himself in the mirror, his reflection a brutal reminder of the past 48 hours.

A copy cat sniper had decided to terrorize the citizens of Cascade, providing all those involved with a bloody memory of this year's Christmas. An all out manhunt had drawn to an abrupt close when the sniper misjudged his step and skidded across a snow covered rooftop, falling to his death, his high power rifle impaling him in the heart.

Too tired to bathe, Rafe simply stripped off his clothes and threw every article of clothing in the trash can. After splashing his face with water, he walked naked into the bedroom and slid under the covers, his last thoughts barely making a dent in his consciousness.

It's Christmas and Jakob's coming over. I'll sleep a few hours, then get up and cook the turkey.

More than ready to dance with Mr. Sandman, Rafe waggled his fingers at his bedside clock and, fully believing he had set his alarm, tucked his hand beneath his cheek and fell promptly asleep.

+++++++

A strange sensation teased Rafe slowly awake. Someone was licking him, licking his nipples to be exact. Cracking one eye open, he found a mane of mahogany hair filling his field of vision.

"Jakob?" Groaning at the soreness in his shoulders, Rafe lifted his hand and tangled his fingers in Jakob's hair, tugging on the thick strands in an attempt to get the younger man's attention.

A grin of pure wickedness greeted him. "Merry Christmas, Bri. Have you been a good boy this year?" Jakob captured Rafe's answer in a kiss, taking advantage of the man's open mouth and thrusting his tongue inside to savor his lover's breathless moan. Nipping lightly on Rafe's bottom lip, Jakob purred, "Definitely yes! You have been a very good boy."

Rafe licked his lips as he turned on his side and snuggled deeper into his collection of pillows. { What time is it? }

Jakob slid further on the bed and started nibbling on Rafe's earlobe. "Ten o'clock. I know I'm early but I thought I'd come over and play around in the kitchen with you."

Rafe groaned. { Only ten o'clock? } The FBI agent swatted at Jakob's teasing tongue. { You have no idea the night I just had. Wake me up in a couple of hours and I'll start cooking our Christmas supper. }

Jakob smiled as Rafe covered his head with a pillow. He patted his hidden lover's head and announced, "I'll do the cooking, old man. You look like you need some major downtime.'

Lifting the pillow off his face, Rafe eyed his grinning lover suspiciously. "You can cook?"

Jakob peeled Rafe's fingers off his arm and proceeded to suck suggestively on each one. After twirling his tongue around the ring he had given him, he declared, "I'm a most excellent cook, if I may say so. Simon taught me."

"Uh huh. If I remember right, the only dish Simon knew how to cook was chili. And that was from the can." Rafe gripped Jakob's hand. "Please promise me you won't burn anything down."

Jakob crossed his heart as he made his pledge. "I promise I won't set your home on fire."

"Keep an eye on the stove. It's a bit persnickety," Rafe mumbled as he tucked the pillow under his head and closed his eyes.

"What was that? Bri?"

Rafe was dead asleep and Jakob sat watching him, thoroughly enjoying the simple moment. After a few seconds, he noticed Rafe had gone to bed without his usual designer pj's. Giving in to his curiosity, Jakob snuck a peek under the covers and whistled at the sight of Rafe's naked body, his gaze immediately zeroing in on the man's slumbering cock. Reaching forward to tickle the circumcised head, he whispered, "Forget the pecan pie. I say we eat that for dessert."

As if he knew Jakob was being naughty, Rafe rolled over on his stomach, shifting his cock completely out of sight.

"I was only going to take a little taste." Pretending to pout, Jakob rearranged the sheet and blanket over Rafe's lower torso before scrambling off the bed. "Time to go cook my first Christmas turkey."

+++++++

"Do you really think this is appropriate attire to be wearing while eating Christmas dinner?" Rafe smoothed his hand over the expensive leather jacket Jakob had given him as a present. "Not to mention a tad bit cold," he indicated the obvious lack of a shirt underneath his jacket.

Jakob slid his hands over Rafe's naked chest, scoring his nails over the man's nipples. "Well that depends…."

"Depends on what?" Rafe removed his lover's hands and took a seat at the dining room table.

Undaunted, Jakob moved to stand behind Rafe's chair and resumed his exploration of the man's chest as he whispered in Rafe's ear, "Depends on whether I want to make a meal out of you or the food I cooked this afternoon."

Rafe turned his head and nuzzled Jakob's cheek. { How 'bout we save this particular course for later? } Smiling, he offered Jakob a tender kiss before instructing, { Bring on the food, Emeril. I'm starved! }

Jakob reached over Rafe's shoulder and snagged his napkin. Shaking it out, he made a big production of settling it in his lover's lap, taking full advantage of the maneuver to stroke his hand over Rafe's crotch.

"Jakob," Rafe growled softly. { That is not on the menu. }

"Not at this moment." Jakob quickly danced away, avoiding the hand intent on swatting his behind. "We'll save that for a late night snack." Licking his lips, he grinned over his shoulder at Rafe as he disappeared into the kitchen.

"I swear all he ever thinks of is sex." Chuckling to himself, Rafe examined the banquet of food covering the dining room table, amazed at the delicious aromas drifting up from the various dishes.

"Dinner is served!" Jakob called out as he re-entered the room carrying the turkey.

Rafe smiled at his young lover, admiring the long sleeve cable knit sweater he was wearing. The moment Rafe had laid eyes on that particular garment and rubbed its softness against his cheek, he knew it would be added to the growing pile of gifts he had bought for Jakob. The dark amethyst color was absolutely perfect, not to mention the image of the sweater hugging Jakob's lean form was enough to get Rafe a little warm under the collar.

{ Now that is a beautiful sight. }

A slight blush colored Jakob's cheeks as he realized Rafe's compliment was aimed at him and not the turkey he was setting on the table. "Thanks."

Rafe reached forward and slid his hand along Jakob's arm, savoring the softness of the sweater. "You have no idea know how much I appreciate you being here." He pulled Jakob to his side and wrapped his arms around the youth's waist. "Not only has it been a hellish past couple of weeks but…." Rafe's gaze turned to the picture frames resting on the mantle over the fireplace. "… this will be my first Christmas without any family."

Jakob sank to his knees and embraced the older man, touching his cheek to Rafe's as he whispered, "You're not without family, Bri. Not this year, not ever." Cupping the sides of Rafe's face, Jakob brushed his thumbs over his lover's lips before kissing him softly. "You've got me plus three… we'll make sure you'll never be alone."

Rafe returned Jakob's kiss, sinking his fingers into the older teenager's long hair and pulling him closer, his mouth devouring the soft moans Jakob could not silence. After a moment, Rafe relaxed his hold and, with a tender smile on his face, carefully signed the words he had been wanting to share for months, { I love you, Jakob Sandburg. }

For once the brash young man was speechless, his usual expressive face hidden in the folds of Rafe's leather jacket, his hands convulsively gripping the soft material. Rafe held Jakob for several moments before helping him to stand, smiling at the unshed tears that threatened to escape down Jakob's face. Touching the teenager's cheek, he acknowledged the words his lover struggled to voice. "It's okay. Your eyes tell me everything you can't say."

Rubbing his suddenly runny nose, Jakob nodded his head toward the turkey. "You wanna do the honors?" He picked up the carving knife and handed it to Rafe, his brilliant smile of love almost blinding the older man.

Grasping Jakob's hand briefly, Rafe accepted the knife and began to carve the delicious looking bird, its outer skin crispy brown.

"Jakob? I thought you said you knew how to cook."

Jakob frowned at the concerned expression on Rafe's face. "Of course, I know how to cook, silly. That's the best damn looking turkey you've ever seen."

"Then why is all this pink juice running out of it?"

"Uh oh."



PART 12

"I'm home, Studmuffin," Blair called as he closed the front door and dropped his briefcase beside the brass coat rack that stood just inside the entranceway.

"Better make that Studmuffin times two." Jim stepped into the foyer holding a beer in each hand.

"Simon's back?" Blair discarded his glasses and pulled the tie from his hair, sighing with relief as his long curls tumbled free. "I thought he wasn't due back from Las Vegas until Friday." Taking the proffered beer, he rose up on his tiptoes and kissed Jim soundly. "Not that I'm complaining. I've missed my Papa Bear."

Collecting the tossed hair tie and stuffing it in his pocket, Jim slipped an arm around Blair's waist and guided him toward the kitchen. "To hear Simon talk, it's been pure torture, him being away from us these past six days. During the last few hours I've had to listen to him grouse about how lonely he was, how empty his bed was, how he couldn't sleep without his B-J blanket to keep him warm."

Chuckling, Blair took a sip of his beer. "Lonely? He was lonely at a convention of 250 police commissioners? A convention that, which I might add, was held in the city that never sleeps? Our poor, poor baby." Blair mimicked Simon's pout perfectly, his imitation of his older husband causing Jim to double over with laughter.

"You two bozos keep it up and you'll find yourselves sent to bed without a helping of my famous chili." Simon stood in the doorway to the kitchen and threatened his husbands with a spatula.

"Sounds good to me." Blair pretended to head for the stairs leading to their second floor bedroom. "I'm out of Pepto Bismol anyway, so---"

"Blair," Simon growled.

"Papa Bear!" With lightening speed, Blair reversed directions and launched himself at his husband, his infectious laughter and welcoming grin stunning Simon momentarily. The large man immediately dropped his spatula on the floor and gathered Blair in a rib-cracking hug.

"God, I've missed you, Graylocks." Simon buried his face in the tangle of curls that framed Blair's expressive face.

"Hey! Who's calling who gray?" Blair tugged on Simon's hair. "Seems to me there's a little bit more snow on your roof than there is on mine." The anthropology professor pulled back and kissed Simon on the nose. "Of course, just in case you doubt my astute observation, we could get Super Sentinel there to use his powers and count just how many strands of gray each one of us has."

Jim put his arms around his two husbands and grinned. "I'd much rather use my powers for a more worthier cause."

Blair shared a kiss with Simon before asking, "Such as?"

"Such as keeping an eye on Jakob and making sure he doesn't drive Rafe insane with his incessant teasing."

"Rafe's here?" Blair pulled free and glanced around the room, instantly noticing the extra place setting on the kitchen table.

Simon returned to his cooking and added two more cans of hot chili beans to the mixture gently boiling on the stove. "He and Jakob are up in the old treehouse."

Blair moved to the back door and looked outside. "It's mighty dark out there. What are they doing?"

Jim wrapped his arms around Blair's waist and began nibbling on his neck. "Do I need to remind you what we used to do in that treehouse after our little munchkin had been put to bed oh so many years ago?"

Blair turned and slid his hands beneath Jim's shirt, his fingers mapping the wide expanse of warm skin, his mouth curving into a mischievous grin when the older man's nipples tightened into hard peaks. "You know what? Simon's never been up in the treehouse with us. Maybe later tonight, after everyone is gone, we can show him just how much fun it is making out under the stars."

Sandwiching Jim between them, Simon joined Blair, his hands taking a southerly route, rubbing and squeezing Jim's ass until his younger husband was thrusting back blindly. "Good idea, Blair. There's nothing more I'd like to do than spend the night---" Simon lowered his voice.
"---gazing at heavenly bodies." He reached around Blair and stroked his hand over the anthropologist's behind, making sure his youngest spouse was treated to the same torment as Jim.

"Uh," Blair gulped. "Maybe you could turn the chili down on low and we could get a headstart on tonight's activities?"

"Already done, Blairbear." Simon slipped his fingers into the waistbands of both his husbands' pants and tugged them toward the stairs. "I hope you don't mind eating the chili as a midnight snack."

Jim removed his tongue from Blair's ear and gazed confusedly at Simon. "Huh?"

The grinning police commissioner shifted his grip to the front of Blair and Jim's shirt and pulled them close enough to ravish their mouths with hungry kisses. "It's been six long days since I've been fucked into a screaming meltdown. I doubt you'll be finished satisfying my needs in time for supper."

"What about Jakob and Rafe?" Blair struggled with Jim's zipper as he was pushed up the stairs backwards, his own pants already unzipped and being tugged off by Simon.

"Who?" Simon moaned at the feel of Blair's swollen shaft slicking his hand with pre-cum.

"What?" Jim reached back and groped Simon's crotch. "What are you two talking about?"

Simon lifted Blair into his arms and shoved Jim up the stairs. "I don't know and who cares anyway? Let's fuck."

"You got it, Papa Bear! Bring on the porridge!"

+++++++

{ When you asked me out and said we would be dining under the stars, I assumed you were taking me to that new restaurant downtown. } Rafe settled a pillow behind his back. { Never did I expect this. }

Grinning, Jakob adjusted the kerosene lamp beside him, allowing just enough light to cast a soft glow throughout the interior of the treehouse. { Here's supper, } he indicated the picnic basket and the pizza box balanced on overturned plastic milk cartons. { And there, } Jakob waved at the open ceiling above them, { are the stars. } The branches of the ancient oak took their cue from the college sophomore and parted slightly with the evening spring breeze, revealing glimpses of the clear night sky and its brilliant display of stars. Snatching a sliver of pepperoni from the pizza, Jakob scooted closer to Rafe and popped the morsel in his mouth. "Exactly what I promised," he whispered.

"You are indeed a man of your word." Rafe collected a plate from the picnic basket and loaded it with pizza. Grabbing a beer from the ice cooler Jakob shoved in his direction, he resumed his place and began to eat heartily.

Jakob rose to his hands and knees. "I'd rather be a man of action." Leaning forward, he playfully licked away a smudge of pizza sauce caught in the corner of Rafe's mouth. "The more action, the better."

Rafe stopped chewing and glanced down at the fingers stroking his crotch. "Is sex the only thing you think about?" he asked the deaf college student.

"No." Jakob sat back on his haunches and grabbed a slice of pizza. "I think about you and sex. That's two things."

Shaking his head in amusement, Rafe watched his young lover devour his food. "Won't Simon be upset when he finds out we're eating pizza instead of the chili he's cooking."

Jakob swiped a hand across his mouth and reached for another slice. "Believe me, you're much better off eating this. If you ate Pop's chili, you'd be spending all night in the john and that's not exactly the place I want you to be, if you get my drift." Jakob waggled his eyebrows at the FBI agent. "I've got bigger and better plans for us tonight."

Rafe couldn't help but laugh at the wicked leer on Jakob's face. "Let me guess what those plans are." He stroked his chin and pretended to consider what was in store for him. "Would that be… sex, sex and more sex?"

"You got it!" Jakob started in on his third piece of pizza, teasing Rafe by stretching the cheese out and then catching it with his tongue, pulling it slowly into his mouth. Slurping up the extra piece hanging down his chin, he signed, { I'm so ready for you to fuck me, Bri. }

Rafe lowered his gaze to the plate of pizza resting on his lap. He and Jakob had been together for several months now and, even though he was more than ready to take their relationship to the next level, he wasn't sure if Jakob was. Yes, Jakob had said he loved him but because he was always on his case about fucking, Rafe sometimes couldn't help but think Jakob was merely interested in him for the sex.

Of course, he could have cleared away all doubts by explaining to Jakob just how serious the act of anal intercourse was to him. It meant commitment to Rafe and, even though he wore Jakob's ring, he still wasn't a hundred percent sure the nineteen year old was serious about entering into a relationship with someone who was so much older than he was. Rafe knew without a doubt Jakob would bounce back with no problems whatsoever if something caused them to break up. Unfortunately, he could not guarantee the same when it came to himself. He was deeply in love with Jakob and did not know if his heart could survive one more loss.

Jakob tapped him on the shoulder and asked, { You will fuck me sometime this century, right? }

Rafe set his food to the side and beckoned Jakob to come closer, gathering the slender youth into his arms and hugging him. "This is a very serious step for me, Jakob. I don't fuck for fuck's sake. Not now, not anymore. Especially, not with you." Rafe gripped Jakob's chin and made sure he had his full attention. "When I make love to you, it means I deeply care for you and want to share my life with you. I don't want a relationship based on sex. At this point in my life, I need the emotional, the spiritual connection as well as the physical. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Rafe caught Jakob's face in his hands and brushed his thumbs over the teen's high cheekbones as he searched his eyes. "You are so far inside my heart, Jakob, sometimes you're all I can think about. I realize that's probably more than you wanted me to say but---" Releasing his hold, Rafe sighed wearily and ran his hands through his hair. "You asked when am I going to fuck---"

Shaking his head vehemently, Jakob halted Rafe's words by placing a finger over his mouth. "No. I've changed my mind."

Rafe closed his eyes, unable to look at the face of rejection. "It's okay. I understand." Ignoring the pain in his heart, he got to his feet and moved to the doorway of the treehouse. Strong hands gripped his arms and prevented him from escaping.

"I've changed my mind," Jakob whispered in Rafe's ear. Feeling the slight trembling of the older man's body, he buried his face in the soft strands of Rafe's hair and whispered a little louder. "I don't want you to fuck me, Bri. I want you to make love to me. Now and forever."

"Are you sure?" Realizing Jakob could not see his lips, Rafe slowly turned around. "Are you sure? Maybe you should take some time, think on what I've said." He slipped off the ring Jakob had given him and held it out to the young man. "Think on it, Jakob. And, if and when you decide you're truly serious about this, about us, I'll be more than happy to have you put this ring back on my finger."

Maintaining his hold on Rafe, Jakob stared at the ring being offered to him, his youthful face betraying none of his thoughts. He glanced up at Rafe and then back down to the ring. Closing his eyes, he moved his hand down the length of Rafe's arm, caressing the warm flesh of his hand, tracing the ring he held tightly between two fingers. Silently, he took the treasured circle of silver and examined it closely for several seconds before stepping away.

Rafe felt a fresh wave of pain rush through him and he stumbled backwards. He knew he had made the right decision, returning the ring, giving Jakob time to seriously consider being in a long-term relationship with him. What he couldn't understand was why it hurt so much. It almost felt as if he had torn away a part of his heart when he removed Jakob's ring from his finger.

Lost in his thoughts, Rafe was completely caught by surprise when Jakob dropped to one knee and gripped his left hand, slipping the ring back in place. The teen shook his head when Rafe opened his mouth to protest.

{ I've been sure about us for months now. Why do you think I've been after you to fuck me? My ass is virgin snow, Bri. Never been plowed. Do you get that? NOBODY has fucked me. } Reclaiming Rafe's left hand, Jakob got to his feet. "I know you probably think I'm crazy for waiting. Hell, half the guys I've dated dumped me because I wouldn't let them fuck my ass. But---" Jakob lifted Rafe's hand and placed it over his heart. "Fucking---" He waved his hand in the air, erasing his words. "Making love," Jakob smiled apologetically at Rafe, "is serious business for me. The guy that takes my ass won't be just a one night stand."

Jakob traced the features of Rafe's face. "I said now and forever, Bri. I meant it."

Rafe felt the threat of tears and had to close his eyes. Jakob was prepared to give him the most precious gift one lover could give another--- his virginity. The FBI agent was completely overwhelmed by the magnitude of the moment and couldn't get his mouth to form the words he needed to say. He searched the teen's brown eyes for a brief second before kissing them tenderly shut when he saw the love reflected in their depths. Once that earnest gaze was focused again on him, Rafe signed, { I love you, Jakob Gustavo Sandburg. }

A tender smile spread across Jakob's face. "Ditto," he said as he took Rafe's hand and led him to a pile of pillows and quilts in the corner of the treehouse. "Now that we've got that cleared up, let's get this show on the road."

Before Rafe could take a breath, Jakob had dropped to his knees and unzipped his pants. He licked his lips as he freed Rafe's long, thick cock from his silk boxers. "I can't wait to have this bad boy pounding inside me. It's gonna be the ride of my life."

The silky wet heat of Jakob's mouth surrounded the head of his cock and Rafe felt his knees go weak. Gasping for air, he gripped the teen's shoulder and shook it, signing frantically when Jakob finally met his gaze. { No! } Rafe couldn't help the moan that escaped his lips when his young lover reluctantly let his erection slip free of his mouth.

{ No? What's wrong now? }

Confusion was etched upon Jakob's face and Rafe rushed to explain. { Not here. Someone could see us. }

Jakob jumped to his feet and quickly but gently tucked Rafe back into his slacks. "My room. We can lock the door." Not waiting for an answer, he turned down the lamp and began throwing everything back in the picnic basket. Even the cold, leftover pizza was tossed in.

Jakob was halfway out the door before Rafe could catch him. { Wait. Slow down. }

"Come on. Let's go. My ass ain't getting any younger." Jakob tugged on the older man's arm.

Following the teen down the ladder, Rafe caught Jakob in his arms when they made it to the ground. He pulled him close and groaned loudly when Jakob grabbed his ass and thrust hard against him. Suddenly breathless with hunger, Rafe closed his eyes and took a moment to enjoy the feel of Jakob's hardness sliding against his own.

Just as he was about to assist the fingers struggling with his belt buckle, a noise invaded the haze of passion clouding his mind and Rafe looked up, immediately finding three familiar faces pressed against one of the upstairs windows. Two grins and one frown greeted him and he quickly pulled away from Jakob. "Not here, Jakob. Let's go to my place."

Jakob didn't waste any time answering his lover. He grabbed Rafe's hand and rushed him to where his motorcycle was parked, pausing only long enough to toss the picnic basket on the hood of Jim's truck. Slipping on his helmet with one hand, he waved at Rafe's Lexus. "You go on ahead. I want to stop off at my place and grab some extra clothes."

"Clothes?" Frowning at the youth, Rafe unlocked the door to his car.

Jakob jerked off his helmet and quickly dismounted his bike, moving to where Rafe stood and boldly stroking his still noticeable erection. Squeezing the hard shaft, he swallowed his lover's moan and kissed him until they were both struggling for air. Jakob grinned when Rafe collapsed, panting, into the driver's seat of his car. "I need clothes 'cause I plan to stay the whole weekend with you. This ain't no wham, bam, thank you ma'am situation." Jakob slipped his hand between Rafe's legs and gently cupped his balls. "You and I are gonna be making love straight up until the moment I have to go to class on Monday."

"And for that you need clothes?" Laughing, Rafe gripped the back of Jakob's neck and pulled him down for a final kiss. "You plan on killing me, don't you?"

Jakob stepped back and closed the door, waiting for Rafe to lower the window. "Actually, I plan on loving you to death."

Rafe reached out and tugged on the waistband of Jakob's tight fitting denim shorts. "I think I can handle that." Not even trying to hide the huge smile on his face, Rafe waved happily at his lover as he backed his Lexus down the driveway and drove off.

Jakob wasted no time and was parking his Harley outside his apartment in less than ten minutes. After securing his helmet to the rear of the cycle, he turned around and found himself face to face with his ex-boyfriend, Marc.

"Hello, Jakey. Miss me?"



Chapter Thirteen
{ denotes sign language }

Rafe stared at the finished portrait of Jakob he had just finished hanging on the wall next to his bed. The charcoal sketching had been finished some time ago and Rafe had planned to give it to his lover at Christmas. Each time he had reached for the portrait, a feeling of foreboding had come over him and, instead of wrapping it and giving it to Jakob, Rafe had kept it safely hidden away. For some reason he believed as long as he had the portrait, he had a connection to Jakob and that his continued relationship with the college sophomore was assured.

His fear that Jakob would disappear from his life once the sketch was finished and in the younger man's possession was, of course, unfounded. And all Rafe had to do to remind himself of that fact was to look down at the silver ring he wore on his left hand, a ring given to him by the nineteen year old.

Jakob loved him, wanted him, had, on bended knee, committed himself to Rafe and their relationship. And to prove his love, Jakob was willing, Rafe chuckled - make that more than willing - to surrender his virginity, to give Rafe a gift he had denied all others.

The FBI agent glanced at the supplies he had placed on the nightstand and his heart quaked at the thought of what was about to occur. Tonight, he and Jakob would truly make love together. It was something Rafe had desired for so long and he still couldn't quite believe that it was about to become a reality. Jakob wanted Rafe as much as Rafe wanted him and it didn't matter to Jakob that there was nearly a twenty-five year age difference between them. Rafe was the man he loved and nothing, not even his fathers, were going to prevent him from sharing his life with the man who had tugged on his heart from the moment they had met.

Rafe pulled opened the nightstand's bottom drawer and took out a handmade card. The card had been sent by a nine-year-old Jakob to Rafe's father shortly before his death and Rafe had found it in a pile of unopened mail the day after the funeral. He had been brought to tears by the boy's simple act of kindness and, on that particular day, had clung to the happy memories of his friendship with Jakob and his fathers, allowing those particular remembrances to comfort him during his time of grief.

Somehow, the card found its way into his mother's possession and was discovered when Rafe, once again, was faced with the death of a parent. It had, obviously, touched his mother's heart and Rafe found he couldn't bring himself to throw it away.

Smiling, he tapped the card against his bottom lip and remembered the adventuresome child he now called his lover, taking him for a ride in his wobbly go-cart. "My pants got caught on a nail and were ripped, if I remember right." Rafe closed his eyes, heat coiling in his belly as he thought of the new ride Jakob was about to take him on tonight. He offered up a prayer, asking God to give him the strength needed to keep up with his new lover.

"Dear Lord, please grant me...."

The muted ringing of his cellphone interrupted his plea. "Hello?"

"Brian, it's Henri."

Rafe glanced at Jakob's portrait, the familiar sense of foreboding settling over him. "What's up, H?" He noted the number on his cellphone and realized Henri was calling him from the police station. "Has something happened?"

"I know it's kinda late, Brian but Jakob insisted on calling you first. Says he won't talk to Blair or Jim until he...."

"What's wrong? What's happened to Jakob?" Rafe stood and reached for his gun and badge, slipping into his shoulder harness while jockeying his cellphone from one hand to the other. "Whatever it is, I'm out the door."

"I'll meet you in the parking garage," Henri said right before Rafe clicked off his phone.

"So much for a romantic evening of lovemaking." Pulling on his leather jacket, the FBI agent slammed out of his townhouse.

+++++++

"Tell me what happened." Rafe shook his former partner's hand upon exiting his car.

"He was picked up by a black and white on patrol in his area. Got into a fight with an old boyfriend of his is what I've been told." Henri held open the stairwell door. "One of my detectives was down in booking and recognized him. Called me immediately."

"Shit." Rafe ran a hand through his hair before following Henri up the stairs. "Is he hurt?"

"He's pretty banged up but the other guy looks worse."

Rafe was right behind Henri when he stepped through the door and strode down the hallway that led to Major Crimes' interrogation rooms. "He must have had a good reason, H, to attack the other kid. Jakob's pretty even-tempered, takes after Blair more so than Jim."

Henri stopped outside the door to interrogation room seven. "Well, that's a good thing to know. I'd hate to have seen what the kid would've looked like if Jakob had really meant to hurt him." Henri opened the door. "He's in here."

Rafe gripped his friend's arm. "I'm gonna want to talk to the ex-boyfriend."

Henri nodded his head in the opposite direction. "He's down the hallway. Room two."

"Thanks, old friend. I owe you one."

Henri waved his hand in the air as he walked away. "I'll collect at the next poker game."

Rafe laughed, his smile disappearing the instant he opened the door and found his lover leaning forlornly against the window on the far wall. Jakob's shirt was nearly torn off one shoulder and Rafe could easily see the scratches that marred the skin on his back. Anger raged inside of him and he, unthinkingly, slammed the door shut, the force of its closing making the windows in its frame rattle ominously.

The unexpected vibrations of the slammed door caused Jakob to jump and spin around, his fingers flying through the air in explanation the moment he saw his lover. Try as he might all Rafe could see was the bloody knuckles on both of Jakob's hands. He caught the agitated fingers and held them against his chest as he worriedly examined Jakob's bruised and swollen face. Overcome with relief, he immediately hauled him into his arms and tenderly pressed his lips to the eye that would soon be swollen shut.

{ Are you okay? } Rafe signed as he loosened his hold on Jakob.

{ Ribs hurt. } Jakob wound his arms around Rafe's body and buried his face in the man's hair. "Bastard tried to fuck me, Bri" he whispered.

Murder was the first thought that entered Rafe's mind, followed quickly by the image of a slow and painful castration of his lover's ex-boyfriend. Pushing Jakob far enough back so that he could read his lips, he asked, "Did he....?"

{ Marc tried. Nearly tore my new shirt off. But I remembered what Dad taught me and beat the crap out of him. }

Still needing to reassure himself of Jakob's well-being, Rafe ran his hands up and down his arms, lightly skimming his fingers over the scratches he found. "If he had hurt you...."

"He didn't." Jakob captured Rafe's lips in a bruising kiss. "Marc said my ass belonged to his dick but I disagreed." Mindful of the two-way mirror, Jakob turned Rafe so that his back was facing it. { The only dick my ass belongs to... } the nineteen-year-old reached down and stroked Rafe's crotch before signing, { ...is this one. And anyone who says different will have to answer to me. }

Rafe hugged Jakob close again, apologizing profusely when his tight embrace gripped Jakob's bruised ribs a bit too much for comfort. "Sorry, love." He touched his forehead to Jakob's. "Have you called your dads?" A nod of Jakob's head answered him. "Good. I want you to sit here and wait for them. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Taking a seat at the table, Jakob clung to Rafe's arm for a moment before letting go. "Can I....?" He turned his head and stared out the window. { Do you still want me to.... } His hands went still and dropped to his lap.

Uncaring about the possibility of onlookers, Rafe cupped the side of Jakob's face and kissed him tenderly on the lips. { Yes. Maybe not tonight, you've been through enough. But yes, Jakob, I still want to make love with you. } The smile that answered him was so blinding bright with joy, Rafe had to stop himself from gathering Jakob into his arms and kissing him again. { I'll be right back. }

Rafe walked down the hallway to interrogation room two and, upon entering, heard Marc say, "That little cocksucker begged me to fuck him. Said he needed a real man to ride his ass. When I refused, he started hitting and kicking me."

A red haze obscured Rafe's vision and the next thing he knew he had Jakob's attacker pinned to the wall. "YOU GODDAMN LIAR!"

"Brian!" Henri pulled his friend off the college senior. "It's not going to help Jakob's case if you go all crazy on him." Pushing Rafe behind him, Henri grabbed the smirking youth by the collar and shoved him back in his chair. He indicated Rafe with a nod of his head. "This is FBI agent, Brian Rafe and he would like to...."

Marc sneered at Rafe. "So you're the old geezer who's been sniffing after my bitch's tail. What's wrong, old man? Can't get it up for the big boys?"

This time it took three sets of hands to pull Rafe off Marc. Jim and Simon, who had just arrived, had to literally pry Rafe's fingers from the boy's throat. The college senior made the mistake of mocking the FBI agent with laughter and the only thing that saved him from a third attack was the fact that Simon had an arm lock on Rafe and was forcibly dragging him out of the room.

"I know that little shit needs to be beaten to a pulp, but right now, Rafe, Jakob's your main concern. Jim and I'll take care of the boy. I want you to drive Jakob home. Blair's waiting with him downstairs." Simon slowly released his hold on Rafe, making sure he was blocking the doorway to the interrogation room just in case his friend decided to go after Marc again.

Taking several calming breaths, Rafe struggled to reign in his anger. "If that bastard ever lays another hand on Jakob, I'll...."

"You'll have to take a number, Rafe. If he even breathes on Jakob again, the three fathers from Hell will tear him from limb to limb. And I'm sure Jim is conveying that very message to the little mother fucker right now."

Rafe met Simon's steely gaze and a feral grin spread across his face. "Jim's a great persuader, isn't he?"

"The best." Simon threw his arm around Rafe's shoulder and guided him toward the elevators. "Once Jim's through with Marc, I'm willing to bet he'll be hightailing it to parts unknown."

Rafe raised his hand to call for the elevator and watched as it began to tremble uncontrollably. He took a step back and gripped Simon's arm. "If Jakob hadn't fought back...." Rafe tried to swallow past the fear blocking his throat. "If that bastard had...."

Simon pulled Rafe in for a hug. "He didn't and Jakob did fight back. Remember that." The elevator doors opened and he gently pushed Rafe inside. "Tell Blair we'll be home shortly."

Rafe blocked the door from closing and looked up at the big man. "I love him, Simon, and I want him in my life 24/7. I want him to live with me. Be my husband."

A deep sigh rumbled free as Simon closed his eyes briefly and shook his head. "I had a feeling this was coming sooner than any of us expected." He touched Rafe on the arm. "Let's get through this first and then we'll discuss the future of your relationship with Jakob. Okay?"

Rafe searched Simon's eyes, looking to see if he saw any signs of disapproval. A stray thought crossed his mind and he finally realized he didn't care if Jakob's fathers approved of him loving their son. Jakob, as he was often fond of reminding him, was an adult and old enough to make his own decisions. Their relationship was just that-theirs, and no one had any right to tell them otherwise.

"Jakob and I will be together, Simon, come hell or high water. And the three of you need to realize this."

"We know, Rafe. We know."

+++++++

Jakob had insisted - no, make that demanded - on going home with Rafe instead of Blair. The heated discussion between father and son had lasted so long, they were soon joined by Jim and Simon and things had really gotten interesting after that. Rafe had wisely kept his mouth shut and remained hidden in the shadows while his lover battled against the wishes of his unrelenting parents. If it had not been for the seriousness of the situation that had brought all parties together, Rafe would have found humor in the sight of Jakob bravely taking on his three fathers. As it was, the argument was settled when the deaf college sophomore expressed his decision with a gesture Rafe did not recognize but definitely understood. His lover had then locked himself in Rafe's Lexus and calmly waited for the older man to take him home to his townhouse.

At that point, Rafe couldn't prevent the small smile that crept across his face when he turned and saw the dumbfounded looks on his three friends' faces. Realizing defeat, Blair had simply waved a weary hand in Rafe's direction before gathering his two irate mates and leading them to their own vehicle. "Call if you need us," the anthropologist had instructed as he whipped around and caught Jim by the belt and tugged him away from Rafe's car.

Rafe had waited until the three men had exited the parking garage before getting in his car. Once settled in his seat, Jakob had slid into Rafe's arms and remained there during the drive home. Very few words were exchanged between the two men and that, in itself, bothered the FBI agent more than anything else that had happened that evening.

Upon arriving at his townhouse, Rafe swiftly guided a suddenly exhausted Jakob inside and deposited him on the couch. His lover declined all offers of food and drink, asking merely to take a shower. Rafe helped him into the bathroom and was not really surprised when Jakob gently shut the door in his face. He stood for several minutes at the door, listening to see if Jakob required his assistance. Upon hearing the water go on and the sound of Jakob climbing into the shower, Rafe finally moved away from the door and headed into his bedroom.

His gaze immediately went to the supplies he had laid out earlier on the nightstand. With a vicious swipe of his hand, he knocked everything into the top drawer and slammed it shut. Stripping off his jacket and shoulder harness, he locked away his gun in the safe that sat on the top shelf of his clothes closet. Shirt, pants, shoes and socks were angrily stripped off and dumped on the floor, replaced by a pair of black silk pajama bottoms.

Rafe exited his bedroom and detoured into his study, taking a minute to check his answering machine for any messages. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jakob slip silently out of the bathroom and stand hesitantly in the hallway, his hands playing nervously with the towel wrapped around his waist, looking so vulnerable it almost brought tears to Rafe's eyes.

His anger swiftly evaporated and Rafe cursed his thoughtlessness. "I doubt they'll fit you but you're welcome to wear a pair of my sweats or pj's. You'll find some hanging in the closet." Rafe moved to stand beside Jakob and cupped the side of his face, gently tracing the eye that was now swollen shut. "We need to get some ice on this, love. Why don't you go crawl in bed and I'll grab an ice pack from the freezer." He softly kissed Jakob on the mouth before releasing him. "Go on. I'll be back in just a minute."

He watched Jakob walk into the bedroom and gasped with surprise when the younger man dropped his towel on the floor and slid between the sheets naked. Forcing back the sudden rush of hunger, Rafe marched himself into the kitchen and grabbed the pack of frozen peas he routinely used as an ice pack. He stood for several seconds in front of the open freezer, welcoming the cold air that instantly cooled his libido. Jakob needed his love and understanding, not his lust.

Holding the ice-cold bag of frozen vegetables against his groin, Rafe made his way back into the bedroom and found Jakob sound asleep. He turned out all the lights except for the small lamp on the nightstand and crawled in beside his lover, gently placing the makeshift ice pack on the left side of Jakob's face. Wrapping his arms around Jakob's waist, Rafe shifted him until his head was pillowed on his shoulder. He gently stroked Jakob's black for several minutes, the repetitive motion calming the turmoil that still raged inside him. Finally a sigh of weariness slipped out and Rafe buried his nose in the damp strands of Jakob's freshly washed hair and succumbed to sleep.

+++++++

The teasing touch of a tongue on his nipples woke Rafe hours later. Upon opening his eyes, he found the room flooded with light and his lover straddling his hips holding a tube of lubricant in one hand and a condom wrapper in his other. "Jakob?"

Leaning down, Jakob captured Rafe's mouth and whispered his request inside it. "Love me, Bri. Make me yours."

Rafe groaned at the feel of Jakob's talented fingers sheathing his cock with the condom and coating it with lube. He reached for Jakob, his only thought to gently prepare him for what was to come, but he was caught completely off guard when his arms were pinned to the bed. "Wait. Let me...." His words of protest were abruptly silenced as his erection was awkwardly guided inside Jakob's willing body.

Shock and desire warred with each other when Rafe felt the head of his cock breach the tight ring of muscle that guarded Jakob's center. "Oh god! Jakob. You...." Fingers damp with lubricant brushed against his jaw and Rafe snapped his gaze in the direction of Jakob's face.

{ I couldn't wait. I need this. Now. Need you in me. Need to erase him, what he tried to do. } A whimper of pain escaped his lips as Jakob pushed down on Rafe's cock, not stopping until his lover's shaft was seated fully inside him. { Touch me. Please. }

Rafe ran his hands up Jakob's arms and circled the back of his neck, pulling him down so that he could taste the tears that were falling from his eyes. "I love you," he said, holding Jakob's face where he could see him mouth the words.

Jakob closed the final distance between them and took Rafe's lips in a kiss that communicated the emotions he had no words or signs for. The kiss rapidly became hot and hungry, his eagerness to be claimed by the older man quickening the rhythm of his hips. Taking Rafe's hands, he slid them down his chest to his groin, his head whipping side to side when his weeping erection was gathered in a tender grip and the threat of his imminent orgasm pushed him perilously close to the edge.

With his own control unraveling, Rafe gently pumped Jakob's shaft with one hand while his other fondled the downy soft sac that held his testicles. Virgin muscles tightened down on his cock and Rafe moaned as he instinctively thrust upward. The sudden shift caused Jakob to hoarsely shout out his name and writhe with pleasure. Rafe repeated the move again and again and soon felt the heat of Jakob's release bathe his hands. The sight of his youthful lover succumbing to the throes of his climax proved too much for Rafe's fragile control and he claimed Jakob's mouth with a kiss as his own body sought its own completion.

With their cries mingling together, they fiercely embraced each other, their hearts pounding, their lungs straining for air. Unable to hold himself upright, Jakob collapsed down upon Rafe and began licking the sweat-stained skin beneath his cheek. He worried the nearest nipple with his teeth and smiled when he felt Rafe tremble helplessly.

"I'm yours now," Jakob whispered. Levering himself up on one elbow, he closely watched the panting man still intimately joined to him. "And you know what that means, don't you?"

Rafe cracked open one eye and struggled to make sense of Jakob's words. "Huh? I mean... What?"

Jakob slipped a hand between their bodies and stroked the part of Rafe's cock that was not inside his ass. "You'll have to marry me. As soon as possible."

{ My love, you took the words right out of my heart. }

Burying his face in Jakob's long hair, Rafe gathered him close and prayed for their future.



End of chapter 13