Title: Random thoughts. (Or why my first date with Blair will never happen)

Author: Selena

Fandom: Sentinel

Pairing: Blair/Jim Blair/OFC

Rating: R for slight swearing, no sex

Archive: If you really want to

Summery: Um see title

Note: This is my first go at this, it was late, I couldn’t sleep. Be nice. So not Beta'd, forgive me my mistakes.

Disclaimer: They are all mine I tell you, mine. . . . Oh aren't they? Are you sure? Damn. I'm told they are not mine, someone else owns them. lucky devils. Oh I own the girl, but thats all



Random Thoughts
by Selena

Hot for teacher. That really says all about me right now, I don't know the words to the song. But the Title keeps going round and round on my head. Hot for teacher, so hot for teacher.

Currently I am sitting at the back of the class, my notebook in hand. I am really trying to take notes, I am following every word that Blair Sandburg is saying, but my brain isn't really in synch
with my hand, and my pen will not move. Lazily I lean back in my chair and look down. The class room is built like a small theater, with the students seat raising upwards. The farther back you sit, the higher up you are. This is so we can all see the teacher, sometimes we don't want to. But other times, right now I have the best view of my Baby. He stops speaking for a second and I know that this is just a dramatic pause, he is about to say something profound and important, the class waits with bated breath. I miss what he says, because in that beat he smiles at me, and I feel my heart stop. I smile back and he seems to blush. There are giggles around me, I look to my left and see the Barbie quota of the classes cooing and blushing. Did they think that smile was for them? Dream on honeys, that man is my date tonight.

Now Mr Sandburg doesn't date his students. He has his ethics, standards and respect for the law. But that was before he met me. I transferred late into his class. I was taking the same course at another university, but I had to leave, personal reasons. Of course if I had know that the course at Rainier was so visually stimulating I would have transferred earlier. I'm not saying i'm beautiful. So much so I can charm birds from trees and tempt men from their faith. Oh no, I just happen to be what Blair likes. Simple, (And I don't mean Stupid) free spirited, a lot like him. We got on great, we had lots of opportunities to talk, he was helping me get caught up with my studies. He would tell me stories, tall, short, true and make believe. He loves to talk and I love to listen, that was make us so perfect.

I admit I was really hoping he would ask me out, but it came as a surprise when he did. I'm not sure that he even expected to do it. It just came out one evening while we were working, he had just told me a joke his friend Jim had told him earlier that day, and the easy laughter we had shared felt so natural. We went out for coffee, our first real date was tonight. He asked that we keep it a secret for fear of reprisal from the Dean of Students. He was already being watched because of the rumors. Rumors that I was convinced were started by girls who had been rejected by him. Rumors about Blair and his best friend and roommate, Jim Ellison. Now I had never met Jim, or even seen him. But I knew how close he and Blair were. I knew from the way Blair talked about him, constantly. The thought that the two of them were involved wasn't really that far fetched. But then, where would that leave me?

I could here the class clapping, shit I had gotten so lost in my thoughts I forgot what I was doing.

"So here's hoping that this time, Jim's lecture won't be as, eventful" I heard Blair say. The class laughed. Eventful? I wasn't here last time, what happened? "So" He continued "Welcome, Detective Jim Ellison."

The class applauded again, and I watched agape as Jim Ellison strode up to the small podium.

OH MY GOD

"Thanks, chief" The tall man said, giving Blair a warm smile. They locked eyes. I could feel the sparks between them all the way at the back of the room. And it hit me like a bullet. Blair broke
away from Jim's gaze and looked up at me. Damn he looked so happy. I didn't think they were involved yet, if they were then Blair would not be playing the field as much as he had. If they were involved he wouldn't need to. With the one last look that the two of us shared, he knew that I knew. I smiled sadly at him, and I nodded. Of course I was upset I really like Blair, we could of had fun. But not as much fun as he and Jim would have. And I'll admit that I find the thought of the two of them together, appealing. With an inward sigh I felt myself letting go. Turning to my right I look at Tom Clarkson. He has been trying to flirt with me since I got here. Maybe I will
ask him out for coffee, and get the notes for today’s class while I'm at it. I look at Jim Ellison. He and Blair may not be at it already, but tonight in my dreams they will be fucking like bunnies.

Am I fickle or what?

 

END

kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk