title: Public Relations

author: Anne

anne-bonnell@usa.net

catagory: First time? PWP?

feedback: Love it! Tell me what you think.

archive: Sure -- just let me know where it's going

rating: NC-17

pairing: Simon/Rafe

fandom: The Sentinel

disclaimers: I don't own them -- Pet Fly does. No money made! This is just for fun.

 

PUBLIC RELATIONS

by Anne

"Rafe! Get in here!" Captain Banks barked from the doorway of his office.

"Yes sir!" Detective Rafe jumped up from his seat and hurried into the office.

"What is this I hear about you trying to weasel out of the Public Relations Banquet?"

"Aaaww, Captain, I don’t like those kinds of things!"

"I don’t care!"

"But Captain I don’t have a tux!"

"Rent one!"

"I can’t spare the money?" Banks glared at the detective.

"Try again," he said dryly.

"Captain, I’m just no good at this sort of thing," Rafe groused, "Make Blair go. He likes that stuff!"

"Blair and Jim have both already applied for vacation time during the week of the banquet"

"Imagine that!" Rafe muttered under his breathe.

"What was that!"

"Nothing sir!"

"The fact of the matter is between vacations, stake outs, and illness, you’re the only one I have to represent the Department. The Police Department needs you, Rafe. *I need you*

"Rafe! Are you listening to me?!"

"What? Oh, yes sir! What did you say?" Rafe blushed guiltily, he been admiring his Captain’s physique as usual - the strong arms, broad shoulders, deep chest, beautiful skin tone, sensual lips - .

"Rafe!

"Yes sir!"

"What’s wrong with you today?"

"Nothing sir." *Nothing a good hard fuck wouldn’t cure!*

"Now pay attention, you are going to the Public Relations Banquet, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir"

"Good! Dismissed!" Detective Rafe walked glumly out of the office and sat back down at his desk with a sigh. He didn’t notice his captain watching him with a very unprofessional look in his eye.

Captain Simon Banks sat at his desk, worrying his cigar. He felt a need so strong it nearly brought tears to his eyes - a need for one of his detectives. Through the open doorway he watched as Detective Rafe went back to his desk. Rafe had forgotten to close the door as usual; but that was okay, it allowed the captain the chance to admire Rafe’s lithe form. He loved Rafe’s dancer-like body, smooth skin, shiny brown hair, and big beautiful eyes that he knew he could loose himself in - if given half a chance. He found he was falling for Rafe more and more every day. *What would a beautiful young man, even if he did like men, want with an old war horse like me?* sighing Banks turned away from the sight of Detective Rafe working and stared at the wall behind his desk, brooding about his love life - or rather lack there of . Consequently, he didn’t hear Detective Jim Ellison come into the office.

"Captain?"

"Wha - ! Jim! Don’t sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry sir," Jim said softly, not a bit apologetic, "here’s that report you wanted"

"Oh, thanks. Just put it on my desk," Banks said offhandedly, waving his arm in the general direction of his desk and turning back to the wall to brood.

"He likes you, you know"

"What?! Who likes me?!" Simon bluffed, pretending he didn’t know what Jim was talking about.

"Detective Rafe, sir, he has all the signs of unrequited love."

"How do know you that?" Jim just gave him a look.

"Never mind! I don’t want to know. You really think so?"

"I know so, sir. Hell, even Sandburg picked up on it."

"Really? What can I do , Jim? I want him so badly," Simon confessed.

"Ask him out."

"You sure he would say yes?"

"Positive, sir"

"I know! I’ll tell him I’m going to go to Public Relations Banquet with him! That way I can test the waters so to speak; and if it doesn’t work out, I can always blame it on bad champagne or something. I think I’ll tell him right now!"

"Good idea, sir," Jim smiled a quiet smile, happy that his captain and good friend were finally taking a step in the right direction. Simon and Rafe were perfect for each other.

"Dismissed, Ellison" Jim made a polite ‘after you’ gesture and followed Captain Banks out the door and then turned towards his own desk where Blair Sandburg, his partner and lifemate, was busily shuffling through some folders.

"It worked."

"Huh, what worked?" Blair didn’t look from the folders he was going through.

"Oh, you told him! How he’d take it?!" Blair put the folders down and bounced slightly in his chair.

"Pretty well"

"Is he going to ask him out?"

"Sort of. He going to the Public Relations Banquet with him."

"The Public Relations Banquet!" Blair shuddered in horror, "it must be true love!" Jim laughed softly and reached over to give his better half a light kiss on the lips.

"Must be," he agreed. Blair’s face lit up at the kiss, love shining in his eyes. "Back to work, Chief."

"Oh, right!" Blair giggled and began to go through the stack of folders again.

Captain Simon Banks walked up to Detective Rafe’s desk, his palms sweaty and his heart pounding.

"Detective!"

"Yes sir!" startled, Rafe nearly fell out of his chair.

"Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I, uuhhh, just wanted to tell you how much I , uh, appreciate you going to the Banquet."

"Oh, that’s okay, Captain."

"And , uuuuhhhh, I’mgoingwithyou," Simon said in a rush.

"What?"

I said I’m going with you."

Wha - ? Really!? Rafe’s eyes sparkled with delight and he smiled up at his captain, "That would be great!" Then realizing that he was acting way too excited, Rafe said, "I mean, thank you, Captain. It’ll be nice to have someone else there." The look in Rafe’s eyes caused Simon’s heart to beat faster and he found himself staring at the younger man’s beauty, not wanting to leave.

"Don’t mention it. I just figured you shouldn’t be the only one to suffer."

"Right. Well, I have to get back to work now, Captain," Rafe said when Simon just stood there, looking at him.

"Oh, right. See you then, Detective," and Captain Banks walked back to his office, shut the door, and pulled the shades.

To all intents and purposes Rafe looked totally calm, but inside he was jumping for joy.

*Wow! Maybe Jim and Blair are right and he really does like me! I’ve got to find the time to rent a tux!* Detective Ellison wasn’t fooled. He could hear two increased heartbeats and could also hear his captain doing a happy dance in his office. For the rest of the day Captain Simon Banks and Detective Brian Rafe were in ridiculously good moods. Simon’s House:

*It must be love!* Simon thought, as for the fifteenth time he tried to tie his bowtie. "Daaarrrrryyyylll!" he shouted, the frustration finally getting to him. His son, Daryl, was home for the weekend from college.

"Yes, Dad," came the calm reply.

"Would you pleeaase tie this thing for me!?"

"Yes, Dad," Daryl laughed.

"And show so respect for your elders!" Simon growled. Daryl ignored him and then gave a low whistle at his father in a tuxedo.

"Soooo, what’s her name?"

"There is no her. I’m going to the Public Relations Banquet."

"Soooo, what’s his name?" At the shocked look on his father’s face, Daryl said, "Come on, Dad! I’m not blind!" With a sigh, Banks said "Detective Brian Rafe."

"Really!? Cool! It’s about time!"

"Daryl!"

"Well, it is!"

"Just get me tied so I can go!" Daryl hurriedly finished fixing the bowtie and gave his father a thumbs up. When he was finished his father hugged him and said, "I’ve got to go. Don’t do anything to the house while I’m gone."

"I won’t be here. I have a date, too."

"Oh well, have a good time."

"You, too. Go get him, Dad!" Simon just snorted and shook his head.

*Kids!*

Rafe’s House:

Rafe rushed about his apartment throwing clothes and accessories every which a way.

"Where are they!? Where are they!? Where are they!? Oh! There they are!" he exclaimed when he finally found his favorite pair of cufflinks that he wanted to wear that night on the kitchen table. He walked back to his bedroom to finish dressing and then began fussing with his hair. He couldn’t believe that he was going to finally get to see Captain Banks outside of the office - just the captain and him that is. There had been plenty of Departmental gatherings, but he never seemed to be able to get the captain alone. He was beginning to think Blair and Jim were wrong when they’d told him that the captain liked him. But now - now he was going to see him at the Banquet tonight - and if he played his cards right, maybe he see him afterwards as well.

*Oh, please, please, please!* he pleaded with any of the gods out there,*please let him like what he sees tonight!* Thirty minutes later he was finished and walking out the door.

The Banquet:

The Public Relations Banquet was the pet project of Cascade’s mayor. He had decided about five years ago that representatives of all the various Departments of the city needed to get together and sit through reports on how the city was doing. So a Black-Tie banquet was held each year at the Cascade Hilton. First there would be an elaborate meal and during dessert different speakers would make their reports on city business. It was, of course, a very boring evening for most.

Rafe had already arrived and was sitting down at the table reserved for the Police Department, when Simon walked in. Simon stood transfixed by the sight of Rafe in a tux. He was stunning! He was wearing a maize gold vest and tie with an ivory shawl cut jacket and black pants. The tux accentuated every lean line of his body. Rafe looked up from reading the evenings’ program of speeches and saw Captain Banks at the doorway. He smiled and waved. Banks smiled back and moved to take his seat next to Rafe.

Rafe felt a strange fluttering in his groin and stomach as his captain came towards their table. The captain was wearing a traditional tuxedo with full tails and black bowtie, black pants, and white shirt. The jacket showed off Banks’ broad shoulders and chest, also his muscular arms. Rafe could only hope that one day he would feel those arms around him and could snuggled up to that chest. The policemen looked at each other admiringly, but nervously.

"You look good, Brian" Simon said in a ‘I’m not really complementing you as if we’re on a date’ tone of voice.

"Thanks, so do you." Rafe answered blushing slightly. And so the evening started. The food was good if too fancy for Rafe’s taste and the wines excellent. Because they were nervous they did not do much talking during the meal, neither man knowing how to say what was really on his mind.. It was at the start of the speeches that disaster struck. Simon leaned over to the next table to speak to an acquaintance from the Chamber of Commerce, when he accidentally knocked over his wine glass full of Malaga. It spilled right into Rafe’s lap.

"Oh God! Rafe! I can’t believe I just did that!" Simon cried out.

Rafe had jumped up out of his seat as soon as he saw the glass tip over, but had not been quick enough and now was trying to wipe at the growing stain ineffectually with his napkin.

"It’s all right, Captain, I just need to get some cold water on this."

"Right!" and Simon hustled the younger man to the men’s room.

I’m so sorry this happened! Just send me the cleaning bill," Simon said embarrassed, as he backed Rafe up to one of the sinks and began to try and wipe the wine off of the young detective’s pants. Rafe tried to keep himself from squirming. The captain’s hands felt so good wiping down his legs and front; he could feel his treacherous body beginning to respond.

Then Simon accidentally brushed against the hardness that was starting to show. Startled he looked up at Rafe’s face and saw embarrassment coupled with desire in his eyes.

A spark passed between them; and Simon, deciding to take a chance, leaned in for a kiss. Their lips touched tentatively at first, but were soon pressed hard against each other. A few moments later tongues joined in, exploring newfound delights. The kiss seemed to last an eternity, but eventually the two men drew back panting.

"Wow!" Rafe gasped out.

"Same here," breathed Simon.

"Again?" Rafe asked hopeful.

"Oh, yeah!"

Once more the two men came together in a kiss. Simon, becoming lost in the feel and taste of the smaller man, lifted him onto the edge of the sink and, moving between Rafe’s legs, pushed his groin against his detective’s hardness and deepened the kiss.

Rafe moaned and wrapped his legs around his captain’s waist and clenched at Simon’s back with his hands, melting into the larger man. When neither man could go without oxygen for any longer, the kiss ended with both policemen trying to catch their breath.

"Let’s say we go back to my place," Banks suggested when he could breathe again.

"Do we have to go somewhere else?" Rafe sighed not wanting the kisses he found so intoxicating to end.

"I don’t want our first time to be in a bathroom."

"Oookaaayyy," Rafe murmured into Simon’s neck, "How are we going to get away?" Simon gasped at the caress of soft lips nuzzling him and gently pulled Rafe away from his neck, so he could speak.

"Pretend you’re sick," Simon suggested.

"Sick with what?"

"I don’t know. The flu or something."

"How abut a stomach virus."

"Perfect!"

"Okay." The two men stepped out of the bathroom and into the hallway, looking both ways before going out to make sure there was nobody around.

Suddenly the Mayor came around the corner and saw them both standing in the hallway. "Captain Banks!"

"Quick act sick!" Simon hissed at Rafe.

Rafe bent over, clutching his abdomen, and groaned loudly.

"I won - Whatever is the matter with him!?" the Mayor asked on reaching the two men.

"Must be some sort of stomach flue. I’m taking him home right now. He obviously can’t drive," Simon said. As if on cue, Rafe groaned again even louder this time.

"Uuuhh, I’d better get him home. See you another time, Mayor! Great Banquet this year!" Simon put his arms around Rafe and began walking him quickly down the hall before the Mayor could think of anything else to say.

"Hope your man feels better!" they both heard called after them. Simon turned and waved thanks and hurriedly hustled Rafe the rest of the way down the hall and out the door. Once outside Rafe straightened up and gave a wide smile.

"Another stellar performance!" he said in a self-congratulatory tone.

"Umph"

"Hey! I’ll have you know that I did a mean Birdie back in High School!"

"Let’s just get you to the car before someone sees you standing upright."

Oh, yeah!" Rafe said aghast at his carelessness, crouching down again quickly. Once in the car the two men kissed again. Both promptly becoming lost in the sweetness of each other’s taste. Lips and tongues played together until Simon decided he needed more and the car wasn’t the place to get it..

"I want you in my house, nude, and in my bed - in that order" Banks whispered into the young detective’s ear.

"Yes sir!" Rafe answered and laid his head in Banks lap. At a surprised noise from Simon he said, "I’m supposed to be sick, aren’t I?" Simon just laughed and tenderly stroked the smaller man’s hair.

"All right, here we go" he said starting the car and driving out of the parking lot and into the street.

Simon’s House - the Sequel:

The ride home was uneventful except for stolen kisses at every stoplight. Finally, they turned into Simon’s driveway. Both policemen were so hard they weren’t sure they could walk to the door. They managed, though; and Simon breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the door was shut and locked.

"Now where were we?" Simon asked turning around only to see his would-be lover disappearing down the hall, his shirt, vest, tie, and jacket already on the floor.

"Which room is it?" Rafe asked kicking off his shoes in the hallway. Simon swallowed hard at sight of Rafe’s bare chest, "the first door on the left," he answered and then started after the beautiful young detective, littering the floor with his clothes also. When he walked into the bedroom he found Rafe laying on the bed, nude, cock erect and leaking precum in the light cast by streetlights from the windows. Neither man bothered turning on the lights. Simon was down to his boxers, which were tented by his cock that wanted to come out and play. He drank in the sight of the younger man as shadows and patches of light flowed across Rafe’s body he so wantonly displayed.

"Damn! You’re beautiful!" Simon said in an awed tone.

"So are you. Care to join me?" came the sultry reply.

"In a minute," Simon walked over to the dresser and opened the left top drawer pulling out condoms and lube. Walking back over to stand at the foot of bed, he shucked off his boxers revealing his proud cock jutting out from its nest of tight black curls. Rafe licked his lips at the sight and moaned softly.

"Pull you legs up. I want to see you," Simon commanded huskily. Rafe pulled his legs to his chest, presenting his puckered entrance for Simon’s pleasure.

"Beautiful, so beautiful," Simon whispered climbing on to the bed to kneel at Rafe’s ass. He squirted some lube on his fingers and gently ran one slick finger around the little rosebud.

"Is this hole hungry?" he asked leaning down to kiss the soft sac quivering above.

"Yyyyyeeeeeessss!" Rafe whimpered, "only for you - all for you!"

"Then I’ll feed it well," Simon promised and slipped one finger into Rafe’s hot, yearning flesh.

"Oh, yes! Oh, more! Please!" Rafe whispered entreatingly.

"In awhile," Simon removed his finger and straightened Rafe’s body, pulling him into a mind-numbing kiss before he could protest. Rafe moaned in wonder - he’d never been kissed like this in his life! Simon explored the smaller man’s mouth thoroughly, finding all the sensitive spots, drawing back to breath, and then plunging back in to tease those same places again.

Rafe ran his hands down the dark body beside him, enjoying the feel of the hard muscles moving under soft skin. He pushed his wanting cock against his captain’s swollen manhood and balls, causing them both to gasp at the electric touch. Finally, Simon left off kissing Rafe’s mouth and moved on to explore other parts, starting with his neck and moving down to the hard nipples peaking out of soft curly chest hair. Rolling on top of the smaller man, Simon thrust down on the detective, running his weeping cock along the hard flesh beneath him. Rafe wrapped his legs around Simon’s waist and thrust up urgently trying to get his captain to move lower to his waiting hole.

"Impatient are we?" Simon teased, "be still!" Rafe could only whimper as he did as he was told. Simon moved down Rafe’s trembling body leaving a trail of wet kisses, finally arriving at the straining cock. A few kisses and licks at the leaking organ, and he continued down lower to the tight little rosebud waiting for his attention.

"Oh, God! Simon!" Rafe shrieked at the first touch of the soft wet tongue on his entrance. Soon he was incapable of anything but moans, as Simon licked and sucked at the tiny hole, loosening the ring of muscle for his cock. Pulling the soft white globes further apart with his dark hands, Simon delved even deeper into the sweet depths, wanting to taste all that he could of the younger man’s body. Rafe writhed under Simon’s ministrations, his body nothing but a trembling mass of need. Simon reached for the lube and somehow managed to get more of it on his fingers, while continuing to pleasure Rafe with his mouth. Then he replaced his tongue with his fingers, slipping two in and immediately finding the prostate. Rafe came up off the bed with a shriek, as pleasure blazed through his body. Simon quickly added another finger and began thrusting them all in and out of Rafe’s willing ass. Simon was harder than he had ever been, watching his young detective thrash on the bed at his touch. He couldn’t decide if it would be better to continue what he was doing or sheath himself in the warmth his fingers were experiencing. He decided on the latter, and removing his fingers, quickly rolled a condom on and lubed up his pulsating organ, then gently slid inside. Rafe moaned and thrust up with his hips as he felt Simon’s manhood stretch and fill him more than any man’s cock ever had before. He pulled down the dark body above him with his legs and arms, trying to push Simon in faster and deeper. It wasn’t long before he felt the larger man’s balls against his ass.

"Harder! Please, Simon!" Rafe managed to gasp out and then groaned as Simon began to pull out and push back in his entire length in long strokes. This wasn’t enough for Rafe, though, who began to plead with Simon to take him hard.

"You want it hard, do you?" asked Simon as he pulled out.

Startled by the loss of the cock inside him, Rafe said worriedly, "I didn’t mean to make you upset!"

"You didn’t, sweet one. Turn over and put your ass in the air. I’ll make you feel it for a week," Simon assured him.

With a shiver of anticipation, Rafe hastened to obey his captain and flipped over presenting his ass.

Simon stroked the luscious pale globes at first, marveling at how perfect they were, and then pulled them apart exposing the slick hole between them. He thrust gently back in; he had no intention of hurting the young detective in any way.

After a few long strokes he pulled almost all the way out and slammed back in again nailing Rafe’s sweet little gland. Rafe screamed and thrust back with equal force. Simon began to pound into the clinging warmth surrounding him - each stroke pushing the younger man hard into the bed. Rafe felt his orgasm building and reached down with his hand to begin stroking his own cock, but Simon slapped his hand away.

"You only cum because I’m inside you and for no other reason!" he growled, panting as he gave Rafe’s ass all that it could take and more. Each thrust hit Rafe’s sweet nub every time, causing him to cry out in ecstasy. Simon felt his balls drawing up and could tell Rafe was getting close, also. Then with one last hard thrust Simon flooded the insides of the young detective with his burning release. When Rafe felt his captain’s hot essence filling him, he screamed out his pleasure and came hard. Panting, Simon lay on top of the smaller man slowly recovering from one of the best orgasms of his life.

Rafe felt nothing but a blissful glow as he lay under the larger man. Then when Simon had regained some control over his body, he carefully pulled out of the smaller man. Not wanting to stay out of physical contact any longer than necessary, he hurriedly, but carefully, pulled the condom off and threw it away.

"Uuuuuummmm," a sated Rafe murmured and snuggled into his captain’s body. Simon smiled and gently nuzzled and licked the back of the younger man’s neck.

"Was I too hard on you?" he asked concerned.

"No, I like it that way."

"You’ve got to be sore."

"Uuummuuuummm, I don’t mind a twinge or two. It makes me feel loved."

"You are, you know." Rafe turned over and looked searchingly into Simon’s eyes.

"Really?"

"Most definitely," Simon gently kissed him.

"Uuuummm," Rafe moaned enjoying Simon’s lips on his own, "Does that mean I get to see more of you?"

"I should hope so!" Simon said in a playfully affronted tone.

"That would be nice!" Rafe said laying his head on the larger man’s chest.

"There isn’t anyone else, is there?" Simon asked.

"No, no one else."

"Good! I’d hate to have to chase someone away!"

Rafe just chuckled and pulled Simon down for a kiss. The two men kissed languidly for awhile and then Simon got up to get some warm washcloths to clean their sticky bodies..

When he returned he found Rafe already asleep.

*That’s one way to keep up public relations,* smiling fondly at the young man, he wiped all traces of passion off of Rafe and himself. Then yawning, he joined Rafe in the land of dreams.

 

Fini