POSTER

by TeeRoo

I was watching TV yesterday and saw a picture of Savage Garden before they go famous. The first thing that popped into my head was, "Hey that guy looks like Blair!" And even though I don't write much I couldn't resist...

This isn't a real story it's not even a snippet it's just a *thing*.



POSTER
by TeeRoo


"Hey Jim, what'cha got there."

Jim was tempted not to answer but that would just get the kid even more curious. "It's a poster, Chief."

"Cool, what kind? Let me see."

Sandburg was practically vibrating with energy. He snatched the poster from Jim's hand before the detective had a chance to avoid his grasp. Jim closed his eyes, and could feel the blood rushing to his face.

"Savage Garden... ooh... they're... great. Not what I expected."

That last had sounded almost challenging, and Jim couldn't let a challenge go unanswered. "Why not, I can't like any group less than a few decades old?"

Sandburg immediately began Backpedalling, "No that's not what I meant it's just, you know they're not exactly your type of music, and I didn't know you collected posters."

"I don't usually," Jim admitted, "but I really liked this one."

"Huh, why?"

"Well... //mumble, mumble, mumble//."

"Jim?"

"I said, 'The guy with the black hair looks like you.'"

"Oh."

Jim was suddenly anxious so be *anywhere* else. "I'm just going to go put this in my room and I think it's my turn to cook dinner so I'll just be on my way."

He scrambled quickly around Sandburg and up the stairs.

When he reached the top he looked back to find Sandburg still standing in the living room looking a bit shell-shocked.

"Oh."



The End