Title: Untitled

Author/pseudonym: Silk

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: G

Email address: silkn1@att.net

Disclaimer: All things Sentinel belong to Pet Fly and Paramount. This work is not for profit.

Status: New/Complete

Date: 2/09/02

Series/Sequel: This is the second story in the Open Book series.

Other Web Site: http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/tinsel/

Archive: If I sent it to you, please feel free. All others, please ask.

Summary: Blair reflects on how Jim really feels about him.

Warnings: None

Notes: This is from Blair's POV.

As always, for Tinn.


Open Book 2: Untitled
by Silk


My story doesn't have a title yet. I like to think of myself as one of those dog-eared copies of your favorite book, each and every mark a sign that someone's read me so well and so often that I'm ready to fall apart from wear and tear.

Well, the wear and tear part might be right, but I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be. Just because I'm in touch with my feelings doesn't mean that I know how to act on them.

For years now, I've managed to paralyze myself with overanalysis. That's a great trait for a budding anthropologist working in the field. Write it to death. Force every single permutation known and unknown. Bury myself in words.

Only thing is, I'm afraid to ask for what I *really* want.

I may not have much, but damn, I don't think I could survive losing what I have. For the first time in my life, I have a home that doesn't change every few months. For the first time in my life, I have someone I can count on to be there. No matter what.

I've always been a bit of a gambler. But that was with things that don't matter.

I tell myself, you can't lose what you never had. Open up, let Jim scrawl his name across your pages, marking you indelibly as his.

But what if he doesn't want that?

To some people, I might be a blank page, something empty that needs to be filled. To others, I might be a book that's already been written, read, and put away to be forgotten on some bookshelf somewhere.

How does Jim see *me*?

I lied. My story *does* have a title.

But Jim is the only one who knows it.



End