TITLE: More Than is Dreamt

AUTHOR: Stormwolf Dawn

FANDOM: The Sentinel

CATEGORY: AU, First Times

RATED: NC-17

PAIRINGS: J/B

WARNINGS: Violence, Language, m/m sex

SUMMARY: A young mercenary is called upon by an old mentor to protect a precious commodity in a Post Apocalyptic world.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: I couldn't help it. This story has been hounding me for awhile now, and until I get it written down, and worked on a bit, I will never get back to my other stories. Notice, no rape this time.

WARNING: Male pregnancy fic!!! I am NOT saying who.

Permission to archive for PEJA, and any comments, good or bad, are welcome. Public or private is fine.

.

More Than is Dreamt

By Stormwolf

A hot wind blew across the near featureless plain, swirling sand in its wake. The wind beat down upon the lone rider, forcing the man to pull his cowl closer around his face to protect against the harsh elements. Beneath him, cyhorse, trot almost tirelessly. The beast's legs were metal, made from some of the best cybernetic components, expensive and hard to come by. The animal's brain was larger than a normal horse's and had been genetically manipulated to provide the animal with better intelligence. The beast was smarter than a dog.

The rider pulled back on the reins, stopping the horse, and turned and rummaged in his saddlepack pulling out a pair of high tech binoculars that had several settings to it which included infra-red and ultra-violet. Putting the binoculars to his bright blue eyes, the rider scanned the horizon.

A normal person would have had trouble spotting the tan cylinder like building with its high domed roof, but the rider knew where to look, and what he was looking for.

Satisfied that he had found it, and that he wasn't being followed, the rider clucked at his horse, and the animal continued on.

*****

Dr. Eli Stoddard stood at the entrance to the Emperor's Facility for Scientific Advancement awaiting the rider. Beside him were two other scientists, one a geneticist, the other a child psychiatrist. The rider pulled his cyhorse to a stop in front of them, and removed the tan cowl from around his head allowing his chestnut curls to fall free surrounding his youthful face.

Dr. Stoddard smiled hugely, "Blair! Damn, but it is good to see you."

Blair dismounted from his cyhorse, and went forward to hug the old Anthropologist. "Its been to long, Dr. Stoddard."

Eli tapped Blair on the back of his head, "Eli, you young whippersnapper," He said using his best, "old fart" voice, "My friends call me Eli."

Blair smiled at his old Mentor, "Of course, Eli."

A clearing of the throat made Eli remember the others, "Oh, Blair let me introduce you to a couple of my colleagues." HE motioned to the beautiful blonde haired woman with emerald green eyes, "This is Dr. Kate Jenson, Child Psychiatrist."

"Pleased to meet you, Blair. Dr. Stoddard has spoken highly of you." Kate said holding out her hand. Blair shook it smiling.

Motioning to the other man, who was perhaps forty five with dark hair going grey at the temples, and grey eyes, "And this is Dr. Mathew Stark. One of the world's best geneticist, perhaps THE best."

"You flatter me, Eli." The man said then turned and shook Sandburg's hand, "I am also pleased to meet you, Mr. Sandburg. Eli has told us quite a bit about you, I almost feel as if I already know you."

"Well, the old man sure likes to talk. I guess we have no choice but to indulge him in his old age. Dementia and all that." Blair joked. Dr. Stark laughed and Kate smirked. Eli Stoddard tapped Blair again on his head, "Let's get inside and talk before the spells take me again." He laughed.

Blair followed them inside, while an android took the cyhorse to be taken care of. "When I received your message, Eli, I was glad to hear that you had managed to find a research facility." Blair began the conversation.

"Yes, well, the Emperor is interested in our studies, after all. With the end of the Human/D'strilk wars, and the signing of the unconditional surrender, humans have had to make due."

Blair nodded. The war had started because humans could barely tolerate each other, and when they had drifted out into space, they learned new hatreds when they discovered the D'strilks. Humans had lost the war, their planet practically destroyed in the aftermath, and humans struggling to survive, the D'strilks had offered humanity a choice of utter annihilation or unconditional surrender.

Strangely enough the unconditional surrender had allowed humanity to rebuild, and with better technology, but they still were under the direct rule of the Empire. They paid taxes to the Empire, and were considered citizens...just with not all the rights that a D'strilk had. It was better than slavery, and much better than destruction.

"So your project was a success, I take it." Blair said the excitement building in his voice. If Eli was telling the truth then they had something that hadn't been seen on their world since the War over eighty years ago. The had all been used by the humans, and had died in the Wars. Those that had survived had been taken offworld by the Emperor. Supposedly, they had died to. No one knew if that was true, but most believed it to be.

"Yes, Blair. The project was a success. And that's why I need your help."

Blair followed Eli and the others through the maze of corridors and stairs inside the facility until they came to an observation deck. Inside the observation room were video feeds on black and white screens, as well as several computers, and scientists in lab coats. Rather than observe the small black and white images, Blair looked down through the plexiglass that surrounded the room into the room below them that held what they were observing.

The room below them was large, with a twin size bed against one wall, along with a dresser and mirror. The bathroom facilities which included a shower was also there within the room with no curtains or coverings to give privacy. There was also a weight machine in one corner, with a punching bag hanging from the high ceiling. Another corner appeared to be a classroom with only one desk, a marker board, and a shelf with books. Two more shelves were lined with toys, stuffed animals, motorized toy cars, board games, and more books. A large screen TV was also in the room with the newest game player attached and a small CD holder lined with CD's for the game player.

Blair's attention was drawn, however, to the figure on the exercise mat. On the mat, performing kickboxing moves was a man standing at about six foot three, about two hundred pounds of muscle and bone. The man had short brown hair, and a strong chiselled face. He wore nothing but a pair of grey shorts, and was moving with the grace of a cat under the watchful eye of another man who was wearing black fatigues.

"That's Jimmy, and his martial arts instructor, Damion." Eli said.

"And he's..." Blair could say, the excitement closing his throat.

"Yes, he's a full sentinel." Eli answered with a broad smile.

Blair turned reluctantly from the window and looked at Eli, "You did it, Eli. Damn, but you did it." Blair turned back to the figure, "So is he fully trained. Does he have control?"

"He's been trained. And he's rather good at keeping control...at least in this environment. We've made everything in here practically sentinel safe, but even so we've had a few zones. But this is one of the reasons I asked for you to come." Blair looked at Eli confused. "Blair, I need you to be his guide."

Blair gasped, "His guide. Eli surely you've..."

Eli shook his head, "Blair, however much I would have loved to be his guide, I am to old. He sees me as a father figure, more than a guide, even though I am the one who taught him how to control his senses. He needs a young guide, one who can BE a guide. You are the perfect choice, Blair."

"You said that was only one of the reasons?"

"Damn, I forgot about your perfect memory. Your right, let's talk in private." Eli motioned to Blair, and the young man followed his mentor out of the observation deck, and into the hallway outside. "We've had several attacks on the facility by the Mutants. The first was just so that they could steal whatever technology we had, but one of them managed to find Jimmy asleep in his bed. Jimmy managed to fight the Mutant off, but not before the Mutant saw what he needed to know that Jimmy is a sentinel. Unfortunately, the Mutant got away with only a broken arm to prove he had tangled with Jimmy. Now the Mutants are constantly launching attacks. Three times they've managed to overwhelm our defenses and come inside the facility. Each time they sent a group in to kidnap Jimmy. Jimmy has killed seven Mutants and seriously wounded eight. At first we were worried how he would take it. You know, killing someone. His sessions with Kate though have shown that Jimmy is territorial about this facility, which is not a surprise since this has been his only home. And when its attacked he goes into a kind of territorial mode. He really doesn't remember killing anyone. Its a sentinel defense mechanism, or at least that's what Kate believes."

"You want my help in protecting Jimmy from the Mutants?"

"Yes. You are good, Blair. One of the best mercenaries out there. I want you to work with our guards and try and strengthen our defenses. In three months, the Emperor is sending a ship to come and get Jimmy, Blair. I want you to understand what you would be taking on. You'll have to go with Jimmy to be his guide."

Blair nodded as he thought. (A guide, Blair. This is it. This is your dream! You know you want it, why are you stalling?) He knew why. He didn't want to leave Earth. He didn't want to leave the nest and stretch his wings. (Fool.) He called himself. (Coward.) "I'll do it." Blair said.

"I knew you would." Eli smiled, "Come, let's introduce you to Jimmy."

Blair followed Eli down a flight of stirs to a metal door with two guards stationed in front of it. They recognized Eli, but made no move to let him until the computer identified the anthropologist by his hand print on the ID screen. Blair walked behind his mentor into the room that he had observed through the Observation room. The instructor was gone, and Jimmy was stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Jimmy smiled at Eli, and Blair took the time to get a better look at the sentinel. Jimmy was well muscled, and toned, his practically hairless chest gleaming under the bright lights of the room. The man looked to be about twenty-five to thirty years, but Blair knew it to be a lie. Jimmy had icy blue eyes, and a handsome face as he smiled at the older anthropologist.

"Hi, Doc!" Jimmy said in a nice masculine voice.

"Hello, Jimmy. Did you have a nice workout?" Eli asked.

"Yes." Jimmy answered.

"Jimmy, I want to introduce you to Blair Sandburg, one of my ex-students." Eli said motioning to Blair who stepped forward.

Jimmy smiled at him and said, "Hi, Blair."

"Jimmy, Blair is to be your guide."

Jimmy's face suddenly went strangely blank, as if the word guide had been a command. Sentinel instincts came forward, and Blair watched in shock as Jimmy removed the towel he was wearing, dropped down to his knees still facing them, spread his legs wide, then reached down and lifted the lax penis and testicles up and against his stomach, as he leaned back, presenting himself to his guide.

And Blair received first hand proof that Jimmy was indeed a sentinel. For there, below his balls, was the suddenly wet, and open vagina that made the man before them a sentinel...and a hermaphrodite.

"Jimmy, come on back now, its alright. You don't have to do this now." The voice was Doctor Stoddard's and Jimmy was near programmed to obey it. The sentinel slowly came out of his strange zone, and blinked a few times.

Blair released the breath he had been holding when he saw the sentinel looking around confused. They had called in a couple of orderlies, and had moved Jim to his bed before calling the sentinel back to reality.

"I zoned?" Jim asked Dr. Stoddard.

"In a way." Eli answered. "It was more of an instinctual response, like when your threatened."

JIm nodded. "I don't remember."

"Its alright, " Eli said patting JIm's head, "There's no need for you to remember. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again."

Jim nodded, then his gaze focused on Blair. Eli followed Jim's line of sight, "Oh, I'm sorry. Jim this is Blair Sandburg. An old student of mine. He's here to help protect you against the Mutants."

"Hi." Jim said unsure of how he should act.

"Hi." Blair said back.

"I've also asked him to be your guide, Jimmy." Dr. Stoddard said hoping there wouldn't be a repeat of the earlier incident.

Jim nodded, "Okay." He seemed content with whatever Eli told him.

"Alright, Jimmy, I want you to get some sleep. Blair and I have a lot to talk about."

"Okay...g'night." The sentinel said sleepily as he rolled over to his side and reached beneath his pillow bringing out a stuffed black panther and holding it tight against his chest. Blair and Eli left the room as the lights dimmed.

"How old is he, really?" Blair asked.

"He was brought out of the incubation chamber five years ago." Eli said. "But he was bombarded with information while in the incubation chamber. He has most of the knowledge that a twenty five year old man would have. The only thing we've been teaching him is about being a sentinel."

"So emotionally he's only five years old, but physically and mentally he's twenty five." Blair summed up.

"YEs. But the emotions don't count because in a given a situation, sometimes his sentinel instincts take over, and he might as well be an adult, emotionally anyway. Like when the Mutants attack him, or when we introduced you as his guide."

"And what was that about?" Blair asked.

"He was submitting to you. I introduced you as his guide, and therefore his instincts were to present himself so that you could dominate him...mentally and sexually." Eli answered as they walked through the corridors.

Blair shivered at that. A person should have that kind of control over another one, even if the other was a sentinel. "Is he...uh....um"

"A virgin?" ELi smiled at Blair inability to say it. "Yes. In all ways he is a virgin. He has never had any kind of sex, however, he has been taught sex education. After all, he is a sentinel. He can get pregnant. Like any female he goes through the menstrual cycle. We also told him that his only lover will be his guide. That's why he was a little hesitant toward you."

Blair nodded. The room Eli led him to was to be Blair's quarters for his stay there. "Does he know what the Emperor wants of him?"

"Yes, we've explained that to him. The thought frightened him, but we've managed to deal with that. He tried to run away."

"Did he get far."

"Well he got outside the facility. But once outside, his senses couldn't handle the stimuli, and he zoned."

"So you brought him back inside, and what grounded him for a week." Blair smiled a bit.

"Actually no. Grounding wouldn't do any good. After all he has been practically grounded all his life. No, we've incorporated corporeal punishment as a means of discipline."

Blair gaped, "You actually spank a twenty five year old man. Good grief, how do you manage to do that."

"It was incorporated early in his life, and he's never known anything different."

Blair shook his head. It was a lot to take in. Blair couldn't imagine 'spanking' Jimmy, but then he knew Dr. Stoddard would never do anything unless he believed it was necessary.

The next day, Blair got together with the head of security, a large blonde man named Darian White. Darien took Blair through the facility showing him all the security measures that were in place. Blair was impressed by the motion cameras, forcefield, neuro-shields and laser cannons, but he managed to find a few holes in the perimeter, and showed Darien the newest tricks in defeating those state of the art security gadgets. Blair had no doubt that the mutants would be using those tricks to get inside the compound.

The chief of security actually listened to Blair, his reputation proceeding him. Blair was a well known mercenary with the reputation of being the best. Blair was glad that he wasn't going to have to prove himself to White. Most people looked at Blair with his long chestnut hair, and pretty face and thought that he was easy prey. However, they soon learned different...usually the hard way. When he was done with his tour he ate lunch with Eli who told him more about the project.

"He was grown from DNA tissue from a sentinel that was long dead. We added our own bits here and there, the others can tell you more about that process. The incubation chamber worked perfectly. We watched as Jimmy grew from a tiny embryo to a full grown healthy sentinel. I felt like a proud papa the day we 'birthed' him from the chamber. Course he was one big baby!" Eli laughed, and Blair joined his mentor in the laughter.

"So what happens after the Emperor takes him?" Blair asked after they had calmed down.

"Well, the Emperor is planning to move the facility to one of his planets since the project was such a big success. Its the Emperor who is providing us with the tissue samples from which we extract the DNA. After all, he had the last remaining sentinels in his possession."

"So he wants more sentinels? How does he hope to keep a healthy gene pool?"

"By breeding the sentinels with normal humans. He hopes that with a little DNA tinkering in vitro that they would be born full sentinels instead of just the gene carrier."

"I see. And Jimmy will be the first."

"Yes. He will also be the Emperor's sentinel."

"Have you discussed this any more with Jimmy?" Blair asked.

"It comes up, and he refuses to listen. When a topic is discussed he doesn't like, or something gets to be to much for him, Jimmy will go into a corner, knees drawn to his chest, and rocks himself while turning his senses down. The first time he did it it was kind of scary. Strangely enough give him some time and he'll snap out of it himself, and go back to doing whatever it was he was doing before it happened."

"Since he is emotionally only five, then I am not surprised. It can be overwhelming to an adult's emotions to know that eventually you'll become an alien's 'hands'."

"To true. Well, Blair let's go into the nursery. Jim needs to get used to your presence and he needs to ground his senses onto you."

"Do have an idea of how we are going to do that?" Blair asked.

"Of course." Eli smiled.

Blair smiled and shook his head.

-------------------

Jimmy was playing a video game when they stepped into the nursery. Jimmy was so intent on the game that he did not acknowledge Eli's and Blair's entrance, but Blair knew he was aware of their presence. The game appeared to be a war game, with the player appearing to be a soldier running through a jungle killing virtual bad guys. Jim held a laser gun that allowed him to shoot the characters rather then use a controller to move the crosshairs on the screen. Blair could tell that Jimmy was good at the game.

"Jimmy, turn the game off and come over here." Eli said.

Jimmy huffed, but did as he was told. Once the game was off he went over to where Eli and Blair were standing next to Jim's bed. Jim sat down on the bed and grabbed his stuffed black panther, and held it to his chest stroking the fake fur on the toy's head.

"You remember Blair, don't you Jimmy?" Eli asked.

Jimmy looked at Blair with his icy blue eyes, and nodded, "Yes. He is to be my guide."

"Its good that you remember." Eli said.

Jimmy looked at Blair then asked, "Are you going to fuck me now?"

Eli spluttered, unable to voice coherent words. Finally, Blair asked what Eli was going to. "Where did you learn that word?"

Jimmy shrugged, "The guards use it a lot. I can hear them."

"Its not a good word to use." Blair said thinking it felt strange to tell a man who looked to be older than Blair not to swear.

"And you know that." Eli finally said. "We've talked about it before. You are not to use such language."

Jimmy nodded, but said nothing. Eli took Jim's silence as aqueisance.

"So are you?" Jimmy asked.

"Not right now, no." Blair said being truthful. Though Blair could not imagine having sex with the vulnerable sentinel before him.

"I don't want you to be my guide." Jimmy said.

Eli was stunned, and Blair simply stared at the sentinel.

 

 

TBC