"Monsters Under the Bed"

Peja Monsters Under the Bed Challenge

Author/psuedonym: Patt

Email: PattRose1@aol.com

Pairing: J/B

Rating: NC-17

Category: PWP

Date: August 5, 2003

Status: new

Archive: You know it.

Dreaming of Sentinels: http://patt_rose0.tripod.com/dreamingofsentinels

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Petfly still owns these boys. But I own their bodies. And what fine bodies they are. So there, Petfly. I make no money from this.

Notes: Oh Peja!!!!! Guess who forgot to post this? Yes, that would be me. Sorry. [g]

Warning: m/m bad language. (I figure if you know me, you know it will have this.) No beta.

Summary: Why is Blair upset and seeing things in his room?



Monsters Under the Bed
by Patt

Jim noticed a change in Blair's sleeping habits of late. He was up most of the night and slept only when the dawn began. // Well, at least you know he isn't a Vampire. //

Jim made a nice breakfast and called out to him. "Chief, better get a move on, or we'll be late for court."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Blair scratched his butt through his boxers as he walked into the bathroom.

// Now that's a damn site you never thought you would see. //

The day went by quickly and the boys found themselves home again. Blair smiled at Jim and said, "Want to go bowling?"

"Chief, you don't like bowling."

"I do now."

"What's going on? Is something bothering you?" Jim was honestly concerned.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine. You're fine. I just thought we could do some bonding tonight."

"Bonding?"

"Yeah. Guys need to bond." Blair said with a smile.

"Fine. After dinner we'll go bowling and see a movie. How's that?"

"Jim, you're the greatest friend in the world. Bonding will be easy tonight."

"Chief, I hate that word."

"Tonight?" Blair asked innocently.

"No, not tonight." Jim knew he understood.

"Easy. I could see this word bothering you. You don't want to be known as the easy Sentinel. Right?"

"Bonding. That's the word. Bonding." Jim roared.

"The word bonding bothers you?" Blair asked faux naively again.

"Chief, if you don't shut up, we're not going to go anywhere."

"Oh that's real nice, man. Just yell at me while I'm down." Blair walked into his room while Jim made dinner.

Jim was feeling guilty while cooking. He would have to apologize for this. // I'm always apologizing. I hate being wrong all the time. //

"Soup's on." Jim called out to Blair.

Blair came out chewing his lower lip, letting Jim know that he was in deep thought.

"I'm sorry Chief. I was rude before and if you want to still go bowling we will."

"And a movie?"

"We might not have time. We both have to get up early for court again." Jim sighed when he saw the sad look on his partners face.

"Nah, that's okay. We'll go some other night. I did some thinking while I was in the room and can I ask you some questions?"

"Chief, you can ask me anything."

"When you thought of the word bonding, did you think of a connection?" Blair watched Jim's face closely.

"Not exactly."

"Okay, did it scare you because it reminded you of a relationship?"

"Chief, nothing scares me."

"Must be fucking nice."

"What's scaring you?" Jim asked worried now.

"I've been hearing things."

"You mean like voices in your head?"

"Oh very funny, man. No, I hear someone or something in my room all night long. I can't sleep."

"So get up and shoot it." Jim teased.

"Really good advice. What if it was a small child?"

"Blair, I think we'd know if there was a small child in the loft at night. I think we'd know if there was a small anything in the loft at night."

"So I'm fucked."

"No, you're not." Jim was concerned now.

"I haven't had a fucking date in ten months Jim. I think it's the grim reaper under my bed, waiting for me to fall over and die."

"You're so damn dramatic. So go on a date. Not hard. Just ask someone."

"Well I had someone in mind, but he's taken." Blair began eating again and didn't see the look of shock on Jim's face.

"He's taken? I didn't realize you dated men."

"I don't care. Remember, I'll hump a table leg, isn't that what you had said?"

"How many times do I have to apologize for that? I'm sorry. You wouldn't hump a table leg. Because otherwise you'd be humping things in the loft, right and left. Ask someone out. Tough up little camper."

"Oh fuck you." Blair snapped at Jim.

"Wanna go bowling?" Jim asked as he started dishes.

"No."

"Are you throwing a tanty?"

"Tanty? Stay away from Conner. You're such a jerk."

"I want to go bowling with you." Jim said sweetly.

"Jim, you hate bowling."

"So do you, and that didn't stop you."

"How about a movie?" Blair counter-offered.

"What movie. I need to know if we're seeing something I'm going to hate."

"Jim, with that attitude, we'll stay home just like always."

"Shut up and get the movie list from the paper. Geeze." Jim rolled his eyes and almost got them stuck in the back of his head.

"Bad Boys 2?" Blair was bouncing.

"I hate that Martin Lawrence character, but I love Will Smiths. This is good. Let's go see it." Jim was happy now too. He was almost bouncing, if you looked really closely.

They got ready and went to the theater. Once there, Jim couldn't wait to buy junk. Blair sighed loudly behind him, but that didn't deter Jim. Blair got a yogurt and a bottle of water. Jim got $26.00 worth of junk that would go right to his heart.

When they sat down Blair was going to lecture Jim but Jim stopped him. "I don't want to hear it."

"Fine. Die if you want." Blair sat one seat over and Jim stared at him like he was insane. // I can't do anything right, damnit. //

Blair whispered, "Turn your hearing down, so you don't die from that. Although, why should you care. You're heart will kill you first."

"Shut up, Sandburg." The movie began to start and saved both of them.

As they watched Jim was so into it, he wasn't looking at Blair. Blair kept hearing something and feeling something under his chair. He tried to ignore it, but it was getting closer and closer. It now felt like it bit him and Blair screamed and jumped on Jim's lap.

Whispering angrily, Jim said, "Sandburg, what are you doing?"

"There was something under the seat. It bit me."

"Well sit here in this seat and shut up."

Every few minutes Jim looked over and saw Blair watching the floor and the other chair. He wasn't watching the movie at all. // Oh for Christ's sake. //

Leaning into Blair he said, "Chief, let's leave. We'll talk on the way home."

"Really?" And a big smile lit up his face.

Someone behind them said, "Shhhhhhhh."

To which Blair replied, "You better watch out. There's something wandering around the theater under the chairs. It bit me."

When they were walking out, about 20 people followed them. "Chief, see what you did?"

"Saved their lives is what I did." Blair beamed up at Jim.

As soon as they started home, Jim asked, "So is there something going on at work? Something bad you don't want to tell me about?"

"No, I love being your partner and I love having a gun so I can shoot things."

"Blair, you don't just shoot things. What is wrong with you?"

"I think it's because we don't bond enough."

"Will you stop with the bonding crap?" Jim rolled his eyes back again, but this time caught them in time, so as not to get stuck.

"This is what I mean. I want to bond, and you don't. There lies the problem."

"What do you mean by bonding? Explain." Jim ordered.

"Well bonding to me is being together all the time, sharing each others space at all times and loving each other without any questions."

"Chief we do bond. I'm with you day and night. I share all of your space and I love you."

"It's not the same, Jim. Sorry. I can't explain any better."

The silence in the cab of the truck was deafening to Jim. He loved Blair's voice. He just didn't want to tell him that.

Inside the loft, Blair went into his room to read. Jim watched a game until he got sleepy and got ready for bed. "Night Chief."

"Night Jim."

Jim was out like a light. Must have been that wild night out with Sandburg. The moon was shining through all of the windows. Jim looked around and tried to figure out what else was wrong. He heard Blair's pulse speeding up and then a scream came from downstairs. Before Jim could even get out of bed Blair flew into Jim's and landed right on top of him.

"Hey, what's wrong, Chief?"

"There were monsters under the bed. They were touching me." Blair was shaking like a leaf.

Jim held him closer and said, "Okay, now you're going to talk to me. Something's wrong. And it's not monsters under the bed. Tell me."

"I did wake up from monsters. But I know why."

"Why?"

"Because I'm in love."

"That's not a bad thing, Blair."

"It is if the other person doesn't love you back." Jim could hear Blair sniffling.

"I can't imagine anyone not loving you, Chief."

"Well, he doesn't."

"Who is it? I could talk to him."

"I'll go downstairs now." Blair tried to move but Jim held him close. Both men started to get hard, from their bodies rubbing so close. Blair was so embarrassed.

"Don't leave me. I heard something under my bed this time. Maybe if we sleep together, the monster will leave." Jim hoped this would work.

"I can sleep up here tonight?"

"I think it might take a few weeks. Those darn monsters are a pesky crew What do you say, Chief?"

"I love you."

"And I love you. Can I call you my little monster?" Jim teased.

"No, but you can call me your monster. If you say little someone will think it's from something else."

"But of course. I should have thought of that. By the way, when am I going to see that monster?"

"He's ready now. Want him?"

"I want you, Blair. I want you forever."

"Man, who would have thought you were a romantic?"

"Can you write that down so that I can show you that in a few weeks?"

"Very funny, Jim. I love you, man." Blair kissed him and put everything in it he could.

"I love you." And Jim gave back as good as he got. They would begin their new lives together and hopefully there would be no little monsters.


End Monsters Under the Bed.