FIC: Like Attracts Like: Epilogue

by buffyangel68

buffyangel68@yahoo.com

Fandom: Sentinel/Xmen/Buffy

Pairing: Logan/Jim, Logan/Scott Summers, Xander/Blair, Xander/Spike, Jim/Blair,



Like Attracts Like: Epilogue in three parts
by buffyangel68
*************************



"Hey."

"Logan. Welcome back. Did you find..."

"Yeah. Yeah, I found it." he said, handing the book to the other man, who opened the wrapping with relish.

"Very nice. Perfect, in fact. Thanks again for doing this for me, man. If the one of the kids found out.... I can't exactly picture myself confessing my addiction, you know? Talk about embarrassing."

"Hey, some people want chocolate, you got a jones for first edition Nancy Drew books. No big deal, Cyke." Logan responded, turning to leave.

"Wait, I said I'd repay you....."

"You already did."

"What? No, I've got the cash right here."

"Forget it."

"Logan...."

"I got somethin' besides the book out in Washington, Scotty."

"Something for yourself? You never do that."

"Did this time. The price of the book is way more than covered. Oh, an' uh.... Cyke? Don't make plans this weekend. We're stayin' in." Logan assured him with a strangely sweet grin that made Scott Summers' guts twist briefly into sailor's knots. The sensation was frightening and exhilarating at the same time, and Scott found himself returning the smile as his lover glided out the door.

"The *whole* weekend? Hot *damn*!"




PART TWO

"You here?"

"Yeah. C'mon in."

Xander moved slowly forward into the dim space, his shoes gritting much too loudly on the floor, at least to his ears. Nervous tension curling and writhing within him like a spiraling kite tail, the young man clutched the plastic bag in both hands and willed it not to rustle and reveal how he was beginning to shake.

"I, uh.... I got what you asked for."

"Yeah? Let's see." The other man drawled. As he approached, Xander held out the bag, presenting both its contents and a wobbly smile. "A'right! That's the thing, ain't it. Ya found both... wait. There's four here. Xan.... ya didn't have to."

"They're all second hand, so.... it's no big deal, Spike. I know how you love "Star Wars" and when I saw 'em all sitting there.... I couldn't get just the two. Besides, Giles said whatever money was left over from his book I could spend how I wanted."

"Meanin' you didn't eat lunch."

"Actually I did. Had dessert too...."

As he drifted away on his memories for a moment, Xander's gaze went dark and smoky. Spike's eyebrows shot up and he moved a step or two closer.

"You talkin' about the kinda sweets I *think* you're talkin' about?"

Xander dropped abruptly back into the real world with a shiver and his thoughts swung from what had been to what might be possible.

{Now or never, Xan-man. Either you take the risk.... or you walk away and try to forget what a freaking miracle your recently non-existent sex life could have become.....}

"Maybe."

"You feel like.... discussin' it?"

"Funny, that's exactly what I feel like."




THE LOFT: 6:00 a.m. ON THE MORNING AFTER:

Jim lay awake and silent, his mind still running in circles, but not as fast as when he'd first arrived home the previous afternoon.

{Lysol.... he's the one who taught me my senses had no limits. Did he think he could cover it with Lysol? The cleaner he used on the couch was rank. An' that cologne he took a bath in.... he did it all on purpose so I'd stay at least ten feet away from him and forget about askin' questions. He knew I'd pick up on his little... whatever the minute I walked in. Damn him. Damn me! Why don't I just go down there, kick his butt outta bed an' yank the truth out of him right through those succulent, kissable lips.... Oh God. I'm in so deep I can't even see bottom anymore, if there even is one. I have to go talk to him.... now.}

Swearing under his breath, Jim launched the covers off himself and over the side of the bed and thundered down the stairs in his boxer briefs, too sleep deprived and confused to care what he was wearing.

Blair also lay awake, among the debris of several pieces of paper he'd written on and trashed the night before.

{At least eight different letters... and every one of them pure, Grade A crap. I feel like I'm back in seventh grade. Poor little Blair; can't speak up, can't ask for what he wants... needs. I need him like nothing else in my life, but if he knows.... If? If, hell, of course he knows. He's a Sentinel! All the noxious chemicals in the world can't hide what I did.... I just have to tell him and ride out the storm. Whatever happens, happens. Who knows? The planets *could* align just right, and God *might* find a little extra sympathy for a hippie college kid. Maybe Jim won't care about yesterday. Maybe he'll understand. Only one way to find out....}

Making his way out of bed, Blair slipped on an old pair of hiking shorts and found his way out into the living room with bare chest and bare feet, praying he'd find the strength to place his heart in the same condition. He met Jim in the middle of the living room.

"Chief... we need to talk... about yesterday."

"Yeah. I know."

****************************************************

Fade to gray..... dissolve into credits.... let your imaginations take over....

I know you're all immensely disappointed, but I can't apologize. As writers, I think we all have a sense of when and how things should end and I felt I needed to let it go here. Picture it.... see that final tableau in your mind. You'll see I'm right.

Thanks for the awesome response to this series. You all are such an important support system for me and I'd find it near impossible to get through a deadly dull week without your humor and candor. Back with more CSI mega-drama soon.....


END