Just For You

Peja's Singing Their Love Challenge

Author/psuedonym: Patt

Email: PattRose1@aol.com

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: R

Category: humor

Date: September 2, 2003

Status: new

Archive: You know it.

Dreaming of Sentinels: http://patt_rose0.tripod.com/dreamingofsentinels

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Petfly still owns these boys. They called me the other day and said, I was being such a good girl on Peja's lists, that they might share the boys with me. Oops, time for my Liar's Anonymous meeting.

Notes: I'm still suffering from block. It's been bad.

Warning: m/m bad language. No beta.

Summary: Blair is going to sing to Jim to show his love. Things don't go exactly as planned. Shock, shock.


Just For You
by Patt

There were invitations to a Karaoke club for everyone in the bullpen. Rafe walked up and asked Blair, "You're going. Right?"

"Wouldn't miss it." Blair answered.

"Bet Ellison's gonna stay home. He's a fud." Brown grumbled. Little did he know that Jim was standing right behind him.

"As a matter of fact, I'm going. So there." Jim sat at his desk and asked, "Chief, are we going to do 'like' any work today?"

"Someone is grumpy." Conner said as she walked quickly by.

"Who's grumpy?" Joel asked on his way to Simon's office.

"Who the fuck cares. Doesn't anyone work in this bullpen?" Jim hollered.

"Oh it's Jim." Joel said smirking and walked into Simon's office.

Everyone in the bullpen burst out laughing and Jim just ignored them. He wondered why they felt the need to be in all of his business. He just wanted to be left alone. He had gone through another nightmare of a date the night before and wanted to stop the merry-go-round, he called his life. Sighing loudly he got back to work and worked steady all day long.

When Jim got home he made up a nice meal. He hadn't been around much lately and he had been mean to Sandburg. He didn't mean to be. The young man was just so easy to yell at sometimes.

Blair walked in and yelled, "Hi honey, I'm home."

Jim couldn't help it. He laughed and asked, "Hungry?"

"Starving. A certain partner of mine was a slave driver today and we didn't get any lunch. I had a granola bar. I think he had twinkies, moonpie's and M&M's."

"I didn't have all of that. I have one moonpie and a bag of M&M's. So there." Jim was still laughing. "Get washed up for dinner."

As they ate, Blair inquired, "Going to the Karaoke tonight?"

"I don't think so, Chief. Not my idea of a good time. Can you imagine how bad those people sound to my ears?"

"You could go, hang out with us, have a good time and turn your hearing down a little."

"Nah. Thanks, but I'm going to read."

"Can I borrow your truck?" Blair asked.

"No."

"My car is acting funky. I'm afraid I won't make it in one piece." Blair explained.

"Fine, I'll go. I'll drive. Geeze. Try to have a quiet night at home and your roommate ruins it." Jim fussed.

"Fuck you. I'll call Rafe." Blair stomped into his bedroom and tried to get his anger under control.

Jim knocked on his door and said, "I'm sorry Chief. I really am. I'm grouchy tonight. Let's get ready and go."

Blair opened the door and said, "Do you mean it? Cuz I can have Rafe pick me up."

"No, I mean it. It'll be fun. I'm going to go and get the mail really fast. Hurry up and get ready to go." Jim ordered.

"Yes sir."

As soon as Blair heard the elevator, he started to talk to himself. "Okay, this is the night, Sandburg. I'm going to show him and tell him how I feel. If he throws me out, it's no biggy. It won't kill me. Well, I guess it did that once. But Jim brought me back, so that doesn't count. It's all right that it's in front of all of our friends. They're supposed to support us. And if they don't, they're not good friends. This song is perfect. I love Randy Newman and Jim is going to love it."

Blair heard the elevator coming up and rushed into his room to get ready. He was very nervous.

Driving to the Pub, Jim could tell Blair was nervous. "Chief, you going to sing something tonight?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Are you afraid to sing in front of people? You seem really nervous."

"A little nervous, yeah. Thanks for being here, Jim."

"No problem, partner."

They walked in and there was a huge table with everyone sitting at it from Major Crime. Blair wrote down his song and joined Jim. Jim had already gotten him a beer.

Everyone that was singing was pretty good. Jim was pleasantly surprised. Finally it was Blair's turn. "Break a leg, Chief."

// Geeze, I hope he doesn't mean that literally. // Blair was shaking as he picked up the microphone. "Hi everyone. This is a special song, for a special someone."

Jim looked around to see who in the hell he would be singing it to.

Looking right at Jim, Blair began,


// "My Silent Love
Ruby Newman
D. Suesse //

// I reach for you like I'd reach for a star,
Worshipping you from afar,
Living with my silent love; //

// I'm like a flame dying out in the rain,
Only the ashes remain,
Smouldering like my silent love; //

// How I long to tell all the things I have planned,
Still it's wrong to tell, you would not understand,
You'll go along never dreaming I care,
Loving somebody somewhere,
Leaving me my silent love." //

Blair got tears in his eyes because Jim got up and walked out of the Pub. Blair didn't finish the song. He sat back down at the table and waited for everyone to make fun of him.

Conner began, "Do you suppose that he really didn't know?"

"I don't think he had a clue." Simon said softly.

"Man, he's never going to talk to me again." Blair said sadly.

"He'll get over it, kid." Joel patted Blair on the back.

"Joel, I'm not a kid." Blair didn't want them treating like a teenager.

"Don't look now but Jim just gave a bunch of money to the guy with the machine and gave him a song. I think he might answer you, Sandy." Conner was thrilled.

"Hot damn." Brown said laughing.

"It'll probably be something like Bad Boys or something." Simon teased.

Jim still hadn't looked over at the table, making Blair feel even worse.

The man handed the microphone to Jim and Jim said, "Blair, I thought I was alone in this. I had no idea you felt the same way. So here is how I feel about you. And by the way, I loved the song. Thank you. This is a song from our favorite movie. Every time I hear it on the soundtrack, I think of you."

The man cued it up and Jim began to sing and everyone found out that he had a gorgeous voice.
// It Is You (I Have Loved) Lyrics //

// Dana Glover
Shrek Soundtrack Special Offer: //

// There is something that I see
In the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth
In your eyes //

// But in an unexpected way
On this unexpected day
Could it mean this is where I belong?
It is you I have loved all along //

// It's no more a mystery, it is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along //

// There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you //

// But I know just who you are
And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong
And it is you I have loved all along //

// It's no more a mystery, it is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
It is you I have loved all along //

// Over and over I'm filled with emotion
Your love rushes through my veins
And I am filled with the sweetest devotion
As I look into your perfect face //

// It's no more a mystery, it is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
It is you I have loved
It is you I have loved
It is you I have loved all along //

Jim set the microphone down and caught Blair in his arms. Both men had tears in their eyes. Then they kissed for the first time. They didn't even notice the applause.

"The song I sang was just for you." Blair whispered.

"Good. Wouldn't have it any other way. And the song I sang was just for you, also. They will be our songs from here on in." Jim kissed Blair again.

"Should we go back and join our group?" Blair asked.

"Let them get their own fucking boyfriends." Jim smiled and waved to everyone as he walked out the door with his more than willing partner.

Are we still going to date other people?" Blair asked worriedly.

"Not if you want to live." Jim smiled over at Blair.

"So we're exclusive?"

"Yeah, Chief, we are. Now get upstairs and I'll show you how happy you'll be about monogamy.

"Hot damn." Blair ran all the way up the stairs with Jim close behind.

They once were lost, but now they're found. Thank God. Piece at last. (I could not resist.)


End: Just For You.