Title: Jealous Guide

Author: Angela

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG-13

Challenge: Peja’s Jealousy challenge

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: They aren’t mine. Petfly and UPN own them

Summary: Blair is jealous of Jim and his friend Abby but Blair finds out there is no reason to be jealous after all.

Warnings: none that I know of

Notes: I don’t know much about NCIS so if there are mistakes they are all mine. Pace and Abby are my original characters. If you want to use them please ask permission.

Further Disclaimer: none


Jealous Guide
by Angela

Silence reigned through the cab of the blue and white pickup as it slowly made its way towards 852 Prospect Avenue. The two men inside were slowly simmering into something more. Jim would glance occasionally at his Guide and love. Then his jaw muscle would flex when he would grit his teeth. Blair would look over at Jim and bore a hole into the other man’s profile for a few moments and then turned to look outside the windshield at the passing scenery.

Parking in front of the loft apartment both Jim and Blair got out and silently made their way up to the loft that they shared. Neither man spoke or looked at each other until the big detective slammed the door to their home shut and began his ritual of putting his things away. Blair swung around to face his Sentinel and glare a deadly glare at him. Jim didn’t wince.

"How dare you. How dare you accuse me of being jealous." The Guide shouted at the Sentinel.

Jim winced and went to Blair to try to calm him so that they could have a calm and rational conversation about what had happened earlier in the day at the station. Blair dodged the other man’s touch and went for the kitchen and a beer. He didn’t offer one to Jim. Jim had to get one of his own. Once both men had something to drink, Jim looked closely at the younger man and sighed. He shook his at the memory of Blair becoming jealous earlier in the afternoon.

*

Jim was sitting behind his desk doing some paperwork when Simon Banks, captain of Major Crimes and friend to the two intrepid lovers, bellowed for his best detective and his Guide. Both men perked up at the bellow which made not just each other but also the rest of Major Crimes wonder what they had done. Jim hadn’t angered the Mayor lately so he knew that that wasn’t it. Jim smiled and went into the inner sanctuary of his boss and friend.

There he found an old friend of his from his military days and his partner. Abby Michaels and Pace Cavanaugh were two of the Navy’s best aviators and also two of their best NCIS agents. Both of them stood when Jim and Blair came into the room. Jim’s eyes lit on Abby and gave her an appraising glance. She was still beautiful and unavailable not that he was. Jim was in a loving and forever kind of relationship. He loved Blair very much and wouldn’t hurt him for anything. But Blair saw the look that the detective had given the agent. At the other agent’s chuckle Jim glanced the other man’s way. He smiled and shook his head at his oldest friend (other than Henri Brown).

"She’s still unavailable." Pace reminded.

"I’m in the room and can speak for myself." Disgruntled answer came Pace’s way.

Simon had to smile. He had heard about the two agents. He had heard that they were good at what they did and were very good friends. He had the same thought as Jim. That Agent Michaels was a very beautiful woman with an intelligence that surprised most men.

"I see you three know each other." Simon gestured towards the agents and the
big detective.

A cleared throat brought everyone’s eyes around to Blair. They had forgotten about the young man. Jim felt a pang of guilt for forgetting about his young lover. He put on his most winning smile and made the introductions between the two agents and the observer. The way that Jim had been looking at Agent Michaels made Blair see a little green and have the beginnings of jealousy. He knew that he had nothing to be worried about because Jim was committed to him. But the younger man felt like he should be a little jealous and stake his claim to the Sentinel. When he tried during the meeting between the captain and the four law enforcement officers it had Jim wondering if Blair would be ok for this assignment. Blair during the entire time that they talked to Pace and Abby would treat the young woman coolly which made Jim feel like he was the only one not getting it.

"We’ll help you as best we can, Agents." Simon was saying.

Blair looked up as Simon and the other stood and shook hands. Abby looked at Jim and smiled. It would seem the curly haired man was jealous even though there was no need to be. She could see that Jim was very devoted to the young man and her presence here was only for the assignment at hand and not to take Jim away from his young lover. Simon lead them out of his office and motioned towards the conference room were everything was being set up.

"Mr. Sandburg, could I have a moment of your time."

Blair looked into darker blue eyes than his. He coolly looked at the woman and then gave her the cold shoulder walking off towards the conference room with out even a word to her or the others. Jim tried to apologize for his Guide but Abby only held up her hand and shook her head. Jim was oblivious to Blair’s jealousy. She was thinking that the detective was dense. Pace was thinking the same thing. The agent had seen the same thing that his partner had seen. A very devoted and loving Jim.

Later when they were alone Jim confronted Blair about his behavior and accused him of being jealous of Abby. He tried to explain that Abby was just a friend and wasn’t available to him or anyone else not that Jim was looking either. Jim sighed and left Blair to rant. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know how to prove to Blair that he was the only one. When they left the station Jim had suggested a quiet dinner and movie. He was rebuffed.

Now Jim found himself having a quiet evening with Blair but the young Guide wasn’t speaking to him. The Sentinel picked up on the subtle aroma of a woman’s perfume and went to the door to see who it was. Before Abby could knock Jim opened the door to find the young blonde woman standing there.

"Come in."

"Thanks. I don’t mean to disturb you but I wanted to set something straight with your husband."

Blair had turned around at the young woman’s voice and raised an eyebrow at her. Abby gave him a tentative smile and gestured towards the couch. Jim shook his head in the affirmative and waited for the young observer to join them. Blair reluctantly did so and sat waiting for Abby to begin.

"Blair, I don’t want Jim. I never have even when he was running with Pace. I have a husband. He is wonderful. He’s a Marine drill sergeant. Earlier I saw how Jim looked at you. He has eyes only for you. Nobody could interfere with that."

Abby smiled at the young Guide and for the first time since meeting him she saw a glimmer of a smile. Blair looked at her and gave her a smile. He really shouldn’t have been so jealous but seeing the way Jim had looked at Abby had made him see green and that green-eyed monster had reared its head. He gave her his hand. She took it and gave it a slight rub with her thumb. She smiled at Jim and got up to leave the two men alone to talk some more.

"I hope I haven’t done any more damage. My sergeant tells me I like to interfere way too much. He’s right sometimes. Blair, Jim is special. Love him for him. He’s a good friend and I hope we can become friends too."

She walked towards the door followed by both Jim and Blair. Abby kissed both men on the check and left them alone.

Jim looked down at his Guide and smiled. He lifted his hand for the other man to take. Blair looking down at the hand took it and lifted Jim’s hand towards his cheek to rub it against his face.

"I’m sorry, Jim. I don’t know what came over me. I just became so jealous when you started to look at Agent Michaels like that."

"Like Abby said, Chief, I love you and only you."

Blair looked up at his Sentinel with tears in his eyes. He started to lead the man towards their bedroom. Before completely going up to bed, Blair turned and gave his promise to his Sentinel.

"I promise, Jim, not to get jealous again. I love you too much to lose you."

Jim stepped up to his Guide and wiped away his tears. He leaned down and gave the young man a kiss and then continued their journey upstairs to their love nest.

Later after Jim had made love to Blair he looked his fill at the young Guide. He could understand his jealousy. Jim became jealous himself when others would look at his lover. But he knew in his heart of hearts that Blair loved him and wouldn’t leave him.

He snuggled the young observer to him and drifted off to sleep with dreams filled of curly haired Guides and simple love.



The end.