Jamie's Universe 4: Heathers Baby

by Athena

athena@fateordestiny.com

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Summary: Heather, an original character, has a baby

Series: A co-story to Having Your Baby

Rating: NC-17 for adult subject matter)

Acknowledgements: Thanks to Ami for her Beta read

(thank you - Ivan Reitman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny Devito, Emma Thompson, and everyone else involved with the production of the movie Junior for the inspiration.)

 

Jamie's Universe 4: Heather's baby

by Athena

Jim, still in his housedress, answered the door. "You must excuse me. Blair is getting the babysitter. You can watch some TV while I dress."

Heather said, "We're early. Take your time."

"I have soda and juice in the fridge. Mi casa es su casa." Jim gave Heather a hug. "Honey, Aunt Heather and Uncle Craig are here."

Devin didn't stop playing with her dolls to say hello. She was going through her shy phase. She talked and talked around her parents and children she knew, but she never said more than hello to her preschool teacher.

Jim went upstairs to dress. He put on a blouse and a tailored skirt. His skirt was long enough to get away with wearing white socks. After all these years, he still hated pantyhose. He brushed his shoulder length hair. He finally found the right dose of hormones to keep his hair follicles happy, his curves and peter working.

After he did his make-up, he slipped on his shoes and grabbed his purse. Devin clung to his side before he could reach the bottom of the stairs. "Mommy, you're pretty."

"Thank you. You and Daddy are the only ones that think so," said Jim.

"You're pretty when you make yourself up," said Craig. "I can almost forget that you're a man in a dress."

"I'm a drag queen," said Jim.

"Craig and I are expecting a baby," said Heather. "We're using my sister's egg."

Jim hugged Heather. "That's wonderful news. How far along?"

"Two weeks," said Heather.

"I'm pleased that my talking to Bianca got you into the program. Heather, every time those hormones make you crazy, remember the baby is worth it."

"She goes crazy on me," said Craig.

"Then you remember the baby," said Jim. "It gets better after three months. I was taken off hormones on the fourth month. The mood swings don't last forever."

After Jim was sitting on the sofa with Devin cuddled on his lap, Craig said, "I'm worried about Heather. I don't want her having your hernia problems."

"Heather wasn't shot in the gut," said Jim. "I don't wear housedresses as a fashion statement. Jeans and pants bind."

"That skirt seems pretty binding," said Craig.

"It has an elastic waist and is more forgiving that a pair of Levis. I don't need to wear a truss that makes me luckier than many men. We're supposed to be celebrating your blessed event, not talking about the results of my risk-taking behavior."

Heather said, "Jamie, Blair isn't going to Canada for a babysitter?"

"He'll be here soon. Tracy has been babysitting Devin for over a year," said Jim. "He's probably talking to her parents."

"Then he'll never be here," said Craig. "Your husband can talk about his pet topics nonstop."

"Anthropology is his life," said Jim. "Anthropology is something you do for the love. The world doesn't need another anthropology professor."

"This May you graduate with a degree in Chemistry and a minor in Forensics," said Heather. "All that schooling paid off."

"The old brain cells still work," said Jim.

Craig said, "May is a long way off."

"Chang has offered me a job," said Jim. "She says I can work around Devin's schooling."

Heather said, "Devin can go to full time kindergarten at her preschool. Luck would have it that I'll be home with the new baby when you return to work."

"If you ever need a babysitter?" said Jim.

"You'll be sorry you offered," said Craig.

---

After dropping Devin off at kindergarten, Jim went down to Forensics in the basement. Heather was scheduled for her C-section next week. Jim freshened up in the woman's room.

Sam said, "This is your first day."

"I haven't worked in over five years." Jim brushed his shoulder length hair. Rogaine and estrogen helped. He smiled at the mirror that middle-aged woman was him. He had his facial hair removed so he no longer had to worry about shaving. Jim put his brush back in his purse. "I'm nervous."

"You look good."

"Last week, a girl in the supermarket asked if I was watching my grandchild."

"A lot of women forty-five have grandchildren. It was an honest mistake." Sam put a hand on Jim's shoulder. "You can't hide in the bathroom."

Jim looked at a sperm sample and had the computer match it with the sample found on the rape victim. The next time he found pollen from a plant that grows in only one underpass in Cascade, he'd be the one backing up his nose with science. However, even his eyesight wasn't good enough to crossmatch DNA. That needed a computer and an electron microscope.

Chang walked over to Jim. "So?"

"He didn't do it," said Jim. "This base pair doesn't match. The marker genes don't line up."

"How are you doing?" Serena Chang asked.

"Good." Jim didn't look up from charting his data.

"Jamie, I'm very happy to have you onboard. Test two more samples. One is her husband's."

During his coffee break, Jim went up to the seventh floor to see Joel and Simon. Jim knocked twice on Simon's door before Simon yelled, "Come in."

Jim entered the office and took a seat. "I only have fifteen minutes."

"You should be up here."

"I have medical problems. I can no longer be on active duty. I thought you understood that."

"Jim, you need stop this foolishness and dress like a man."

Jim got up to leave the office. "Simon, I have to go."

As he was exited Major Crimes, Henri yelled, "Hi, Jamie."

Jim shook Henri's hand. "Hi, H."

"Rafe moved down south two years back. This is my new partner, Jefferson."

The young black man shook Jim's hand. "Hello, Miss."

"Detective Jefferson, it's nice to meet you. By the time, I get to the elevator my break will be over. We'll talk more later."

"Sure thing," Jefferson smirked.

As Jim was walking to the elevator, Simon whispered to Jefferson, "That's a man."

"You're kidding," said Jefferson.

Jim overheard as he pushed the button for elevator. "I was in shock the first time Jamie came up here in a dress," said Henri. "I whistled at his legs."

The sperm sample ended up matching her husband's; they were back at square one. Perhaps, another part of the sample matched the man in holding. Jim spent the rest of the day looking at tire tracks to locate the possible truck that made them. He was still using his senses to protect his village, only in a less visible way.

At four o'clock, Serena Chang said, "Jamie, I'll see you tomorrow."

It was a good thing Devin's kindergarten had afterhours care, besides a phone call to Blair and he would get her. Jim grabbed his purse, went upstairs and knocked on Simon's door. "You didn't have to tell Detective Jefferson." Jim pulled out his driver's license. "Jamie J. Sandburg. To get a legal name change you have to show DMV your marriage license. How dare you think you're above the state of Washington!"

"The state of Washington doesn't know you have a dick in your panties."

"I didn't need to undress to get married. A positive blood test for pregnancy was enough. Who ever heard of a pregnant man?"

"You look like an aging drag queen."

"Detective Jefferson didn't think so."

Simon said in a gentler tone. "Why don't you return to being the man you were?"

"I tried for over two years; it wasn't me."

"Are you on hormones?"

"That's none of your business."

"Good luck with the new job." Simon said as Jim left the office.

---

Jim hugged Blair as he entered the loft. "Dinner smells great."

"Honey, how was your first day back?" Blair asked.

"Good. I tested sperm samples most of the day. Nothing inclusive. I went to Major Crimes during my break. After the new detective winked at me, Simon whispered to him that I'm a man. I felt like punching Simon out."

"Assaulting a police office wouldn't be a good way to start your first day."

"I behaved myself and didn't even give him a dirty look." Jim asked Devin about her day at kindergarten. Devin said with prompting that the teacher was nice, they played in the playground and she colored fall leaves pretty colors. After dinner, Jim kissed her good night and read her a story.

After the story was done, Jim asked, "Are you all right with Mommy working?"

"I like school."

"I miss being home with you."

Devin said, "Daddy drived me home from school."

"Drove." Jim shouldn't have corrected her. It was a normal overgeneralization error children her age make.

Devin repeated, "Daddy droved me home."

"Good night, Dear." Jim tucked her in and kissed her forehead. Jim quietly walked upstairs. Jim whispered, "Blair, she's finally asleep."

"How many books this time?" asked Blair.

"One," said Jim.

"Last night I read her three," said Blair. "She wanted me to read the alphabet book twice."

"Weren't you reading at this age?"

"I had Naomi read to me until I was eight. Storytelling is an art. She would do different voices for all the characters."

Jim undressed for bed then put on a nightgown.

Blair closed the journal he was reading and sat up in bed. "Why must you cover up?"

"My body isn't attractive." Jim looked up at the ceiling.

Blair kissed one of Jim's nipples. "Let me be the judge of that."

Jim slipped the nightgown over his head.

Blair put a hand into Jim's panties and touched a very firm butt cheek and started caressing with his open hand. "The panties go, too."

After Jim took the panties off, Blair put his mouth on Jim's dick. "You just dive in," Jim complained.

"What do you want?"

"A hug and a kiss would be nice." Jim put his hand over Blair's coarse cheek. Jim pressed his mouth against Blair's Adam's apple. "You're so beautiful." Jim licked Blair's ear lobe.

"Jamie, not that I don't like what you are doing, but Devin will climb into bed with us and it'll be over," Blair said before kissing between Jim's breasts.

"I feel so old and decrepit," Jim said.

"You're beautiful," Blair said, before he started to kiss Jim's hard flat stomach. "I want to enjoy you before Devin decides that she doesn't want to sleep in her bed."

"I'm yours," Jim said. "I feel like my father conned you into marrying me."

"I love you. Your father suggested that we get married, but it was me that got on my knees and begged you to marry me," Blair said. "Honey, please, I feel blessed every day that I come home to you. You're the most important person in my life." Blair took Jim's penis in his mouth. He sucked onto it until it was hard and trembling. Then, Blair lifted Jim's legs to penetrate him. He applied an ample amount of Astroglibe and in a few moments, both of them were in the thralls of pleasure.

"You feel so good," Jim said.

"Do you turn your senses down?" Blair asked.

"I left them around normal. If I turn them up and we're interrupted, I get spikes. Baby, just because I didn't scream on the top of my lungs, doesn't mean that it wasn't wonderful."

Devin came into the room and climbed into the large bed as Jim hurried back into his nightgown and panties. He didn't want to explain to Devin about birds and bees right now. He was concerned that she would see the breasts and the male organs and know that his body was unusual. He wasn't up to explaining why mommy had a penis. Blair was comfortable in his underwear around their daughter, but Jim knew he had to be more discreet.

---

Jefferson entered Forensics. "Have you finished comparing the fingerprints?"

"The guy you booked is a possible match," said Jim.

"Would you like to join me for lunch?" he asked.

Jim showed Jefferson his wedding ring. "I'm married."

"Children?"

"One." Jim took a photograph from his purse. "She's five."

"Pretty girl. She has your blue eyes."

"She takes after her father." The egg donor had Jim's blue eyes. Devin looked nothing like Jim. However, Jefferson was nice to think so.

"Why would Captain Banks and Brown say such hateful things? Not every woman is five two and a hundred and five pounds."

Jim looked at the man then shrugged his shoulders. He didn't want to lie to the man, but what was between his legs was his business. Jim gave Jefferson the paper work on the robbery. "I've met a few women taller than me."

"Bye. I have to get this upstairs."

"See you around." Jim waved bye.

---

Jim made an appointment to see his minister like his father suggested. He felt strange talking to his minister with Devin in kindergarten a few doors down. "Hello, Rev. Faber. I needed to talk to you."

"It's Helen," said the lady sitting behind a desk. "Jamie, what's wrong?"

"I'm not a good candidate for sexual reassignment surgery and I'm never going to learn how to act like a man."

"So you go on." The minister, a gray-haired woman of average built and weight, looked at him. "You have a beautiful daughter, a husband that adores you and job you love."

"I hate my body."

"You're healthy."

"I'm missing a knee cap; I've had two hernia operations. I've had more bullets pulled out of me than I care to remember."

"You're still walking, talking and have all your senses."

Jim laughed. He had all his senses then some. "For now, on top of everything I'm starting to get arthritis. I went to an internist about my constipation and when I removed my pants, he lost it. I can't even see a doctor without feeling like a freak."

"Would it be better if people shook their heads and said in hushed tones that's a man?"

"Simon did that to the new guy at Major Crimes. I showed him a picture of Devin. Now the man is confused. I wear a woman's swimsuit and no one notices. I even use the women's locker room in the gym. People at the mall sometimes whisper about Heather not being passable. I feel sorry for her."

"Do you have friends?"

"Lots. Heather is scheduled to have her C-section tomorrow. I got her into the program. I think part of the reason that I'm here bothering you is I'm sort of feeling responsible. Her husband will be in the hospital holding her hand. I want her and the baby to be all right. She is only the fourth male-to-female transsexual to carry a baby to term. It's still very risky."

"You sound like a good friend. You aren't bothering me. Jamie, you're a very a hands-on person. You can't make sure that Heather and her baby are OK. You have allow other people to handle it and that isn't easy for you."

"My husband will tell you I'm a control freak."

"Tomorrow go to see the new baby. Do you want to pick up Devin early?"

"That way I won't have to make two trips. Thanks for listening."

"Washington Seaport Gender Benders meet here once a month. They will be able to answer your questions better than I can." Helen got up from her seat. "I'll walk you to your daughter's classroom."

Jim took Devin home from kindergarten. The teacher told Jim that full days were good for Devin. She is really opening up. Jim worked until four o'clock the next day although his mind was on Heather.

After work, he picked up Devin and went to the hospital to see Heather and Travis. Travis was only 6 pounds 3 ounces. Devin was over eight pounds when she was born. Jim thought he looked so small, but he didn't say anything.

"He's a nice pink baby," said Jim.

Craig said, "He's beautiful like his mother."

Jim showed the baby to his five year old.

"Pretty baby," said Devin.

Craig took the baby from Jim. "See your daughter respects beauty. Pink?"

"He's a perfect baby," said Jim, saying that the baby was pink wasn't a good idea like saying the perfume Vera was wearing reminded him of his grandmother wasn't smart either. "He was ten fingers, ten toes and all his other parts."

"Like you have all your parts?" Craig said, giving the baby back to his mother.

"Except for my wisdom teeth, over a foot of intestine, appendix, spleen and a knee cap, I'm pretty much intact," said Jim.

"Craig, Jamie is my friend," said Heather."Stop picking a fight with her."

"Pink baby," said Craig.

"Travis has a healthy color," said Heather. "I'm sure all Jamie was trying to say is Travis looks healthy."

Jim kissed Heather's cheek. "How are you doing?"

"I ache all over. The anesthesia is making me light-headed. Unlike you, I rather not be awake when people cut into my body."

"The spinal gave me a nasty headache," said Jim. "My body chemistry interacts with drugs in unexpected ways. That's part of the reason I can't have the surgery. I was given a spinal because Bianca couldn't trust an epidural. The ache and pains are worth that beautiful child in your arms."

Devin tugged on Jim's leg and he picked her up to see the baby. "Don't touch him," explained Jim. "Newborn babies are delicate."

Heather said, "Babies aren't that delicate."

"You say that now," Jim warned. "Wait until she sticks a finger in his ear or eye."

---

Jim went over to visit his father. His father prepared a drink for himself and soda water for Jim. He looked at his son in a lady's blouse and elastic waist pants that probably came from the senior citizen department in Sears. "Jimmy, where's Devin?"

Jim could hear Sally and Devin in the kitchen. "Sally is teaching her how to make chocolate chip cookies."

"Do you need me to hire someone to manage the apartments now that you are back at the police station?"

"I like police work, protect and service." Jim got himself a ginger ale at the bar. "Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine." William sat on the sofa but didn't sip his drink. "Son, you didn't come here to discuss the weather and you're capable of making cookies with your daughter. What's on your mind?"

Jim sat down. "I don't thank you often enough. I just wanted to say I appreciate that you suggested that Blair marry me."

"Jimmy, he loves you."

"And I love him. You knew I would have an easier time marrying while pregnant than afterwards. I could have claimed that I was female since I bore a child, but it would have been an uphill battle. Once I had the marriage license, the driver's license and work ID were cake."

"I've been a heavy hitter since before you were born." William had a smug look on his face. "I know the loopholes."

"Dad, you knew before I did that there was no going back."

"Once you have your heart set on something, you are driven. It isn't a bad trait. People admire your loyalty and devotion."

"How can you look at me?"

"You're my son, daughter, child."

"Daughter." Jim drank more of his soda. He was a woman outside the bedroom and he wasn't about to talk about his sex life with his father. "When you look at me, do you still see your Jimmy?"

"I shouldn't have called you a freak and told you to bury your abilities. If I treated you with more respect, you wouldn't be buying your clothes in the woman's department."

"It wasn't anything you've done. The massive doses of estrogen and progesterone I was on to prepare my body for implantation feminized my brain. Blair says I'm more sensitive to chemicals than most people. The funny part is my thinking changed before I got pregnant."

"I did plenty of things wrong."

"Dad, you did the best you could. I try to do my best with Devin and I feel it is never enough."

END