Title: I’ll Always Love You

Author: Angela

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG

Challenge:

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: Song Title series (multi fandom)

Disclaimers: They aren’t mine. Petfly and UPN own them

Summary: Jim finds that he will always love Blair even after his death.

Warnings: Major Character Death

Notes: none

Further Disclaimer: I’ll Always Love You is owned by Taylor Dayne. I borrowed it and put it back.

I’ll Always Love You…Taylor Dayne

 

I’ll Always Love You
By Angela


I will always love you for being there. For never letting go. For never putting aside our friendship and then our relationship when it turned to a more loving and intimate one. I will always love you for having such life and knowledge. I love the way you glow when talking about your favorite subject: life. I always love you for being that special someone. I will always love you for being you. You are one special person. I don’t know what I would do without you. You came out of nowhere and socked me right upside the head. You showed me what love was and how to receive love. I will never forget that. You never stopped loving me even when I did so many wrong things to you. You never gave up on our love for each other. I wanted to hate you for that. But I couldn’t. We are soul mates. We were made for each other. We were made to be in each other’s lives whether we want to or not. I don’t intend on losing you. You are perfect to me even though you have told me before that you aren’t. I love to set and watch you especially when you teach. You love to teach. I can see the joy and happiness you get from helping young minds learn. You love to learn yourself. I remember the time when you met my friend Abbie from my military days. You wasted no time in setting down and talking to her about her experiences. I almost died of embarrassment. But Abby waved me off and seemed to be enjoying the talk and laughter. And you know once I got into the conversation I enjoyed it to. I smiled the whole day that day. That’s what everyone loves about you. You make everyone smile. I think if anything ever happened to you would be greatly missed. I hope that never comes at least not too soon.

Oh, man I can’t think about what would happen to me if you died to early I would probably not wait around. We are not just Sentinel and Guide, we are partners in everything. We have love that is so deep that the bond is unbreakable. You think I am being mushy. I think not. I am just telling you how I feel. I will always love you for being the greatest person in the world. You make a rainy day sunny. You make my world whole. When you have to work late the loft is silent. I can’t stand it and start to get restless. Then I hear your heartbeat outside and then settle down to a peaceful evening with you. I will always love you for your bouncy and messy ways. I will always love you for every fault and fissure that you have. And I will always love you even when you are gray and have a few wrinkles (which I doubt).

You love me for me. You don’t let me get pushy and I am grateful for that. Carolyn never understood me and you do. You understand that a lot of my fears have been based in my childhood. You also understand that a lot of who and what I am started with my father. I know I can’t go back to the past so I will look to our future. A future with us loving each other and having all our good times and bad.

I love you forever, Jim.

Blair turned to Jim and smiled through his tears. It wasn’t like Jim to pour out his feelings. But this fight that they had been having was not only affecting them but their friends. Blair saw changes in Jim that he thought he would never see. The detective had become listless, would hardly talk to anyone, and would practically snap at anyone who came too near him. And then he had found the Sentinel’s note to him. They both wanted to end the fight. They didn’t want it to go on any longer. They wanted to be happy and in each other’s arms. It was a stupid argument. And Blair decided to end it right then.

"I love you, too, Jim."

Blair held out his arms and Jim went into them. He held on tight to his Guide. Jim wanted to never let go of his beloved one. He hated to argue with the younger man. It made him and Blair miserable. And especially all their friends. And the one reason that they shouldn’t argue came toddling in. Blue eyes looked up at the two men. They couldn’t help it. They smiled and Jim scooped up the little boy. He hugged the toddler tight and kept his arms around his Guide. He was never going to let the younger man go. Jim vowed to try and not start arguments and try and talk out anything with his beloved.

Jim smiled at the anthropologist and gestured for him to walk into the dining room with him. They sat down to a nice with a lot of love and laughter. Their little boy kept them laughing with his dinnertime antics.

That night Jim held on tightly to his Guide. The Guide petted his Sentinel until the older man slept a dreamless sleep. He wanted so much for the man to have a good life and to be loved. He hoped that he was giving his Sentinel this. Jim stirred in his sleep and Blair soothed him back to a deeper sleep.

Blair wasn’t by any means stupid but he knew that Jim would not let go of this argument easily. Blair was dying and Jim knew it. He just didn’t want to let go. He would make Jim’s time with him special. The autoimmune disease that he had had all his life was flaring up and taking a toll on the young man. And Jim didn’t like that. That’s why they argued. Jim didn’t want him to die. Blair couldn’t blame him really. He would be the same way to. And it’s hard when you have a baby. He had to get Jim through this and to live for their son.

Jim stood at the door to Blair’s hospital room and watched the doctors and nurses end the life of his Guide. Jim wouldn’t let the tears fall. He couldn’t yet. He had to be strong. He held the hand of his two-year-old son. He looked down at the little boy and almost lost it. Simon saw this and led his friend and godson away from Blair’s room.

"He loved you, you know."

"I know."

At the funeral Jim read the note he had written for Blair during their last fight. And with the words of I’ll always love you, the Sentinel said goodbye to his Guide and soul mate. He stared into blue eyes so much like Blair’s and vowed to live not only for the little boy but himself. Blair wanted him to find happiness and he would. He knew that Rife would be his Guide but only temporarily until someday he would be reunited with his one and only true Guide.

As he turned to look at Blair’s grave Jim was heard to say these words: "I’ll always love you, Blair."


The end