Title: Gone Too

Author: Tayla

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing:

Rating: R

Category: Angst

Status: Complete September 25, 2002

Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask

Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted

Email: tayla36@aol.com

Authors Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/tayla36/index.html

Series/Sequel: Sequel to Roy's Lady's "Gone"

Disclaimers: The Sentinel and its characters belong to

Pet Fly Productions and Paramount Network Television. No copyright infringement is intended. The author makes no profit and exists solely on the accolades from fellow fans.

Authors Notes: After I read Roy's Lady's snippet, this kind of grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

Summary: Warnings: Main character death/suicide


Gone Too
By Tayla


"Nooooooo!"

Jim's anguished cry echoed around the bullpen. Everyone stood there, stunned, the only other sound the gentle whir of the tape recorder.

The elevator dinged and he focused his senses there hoping against hope that Blair would come bounding out. Hoping that it was some kind of sick joke. Hoping that the last three minutes were some kind of hallucination.

The door opened.

It was the donut girl.

Jim looked around at his coworkers. Most of them would not meet his eye.

Except Joel.

When he looked at Joel he was met with anger. "This is all your fault." The large man snarled at him. "He loved you. He gave you everything."

"Joel . . ." Simon tried to stop him.

"No. He deserves to hear this." Joel turned back to Jim. "You arrogant bastard. You took everything he had to give and then you just threw him away. You're the one who deserved to die, not him."

Joel's words hit him like a fist to the gut. He turned without a word and walked to the stairwell. No one followed him.

He trudged up the stairs to the roof. He walked to the edge. He cast out his senses to there fullest, searching the city, trying to find the familiar heartbeat, and the elusive scent that was his partner.

He was unsuccessful.

He closed his eyes and conjured the memory of Blair's face, the wild curls framing the beloved face, the deep blue eyes that always held a smile for him. Turning inward, he concentrated on the perfect vision.

The Sentinel zoned, and slowly toppled off the edge of the roof.

END