Title: Forgive Me, Blair

Author: Angela

Fandom: The Sentinel

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Rating: PG-13

Challenge: Peja’s Forgive Me challenge

Status: Complete

Archive: WWOMB

Feedback: Yes

Email Address:
ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: if you want any

Disclaimers: They aren’t mine. Petfly and UPN own them

Summary: Jim hits Blair during a argument and asks for Blair’s forgiveness

Warnings: none that I know of

Notes: I don’t know what to say here.

Further Disclaimer: none

 

Forgive Me, Blair
by Angela

"Oh my god. What did I just do?" Jim Ellison looked down at the bruised face of the young man he had vowed never to hurt. But yet he had hurt Blair Sandburg. He had hit him in anger. Jim didn’t mean to. It had just happened. They were arguing like they had been the last several weeks and then it had happened. Jim Ellison had hit his one true love. The true love that would never leave him and would love him forever. The one that was made for him. Now, he wouldn’t blame the young Guide if he did leave.

Jim stumbled back from the young anthropologist. He couldn’t believe it. The Sentinel ran for the stairs to their bedroom. Frantically he started to pack. He kept packing until he felt the heat from Blair’s hand on his arm. He didn’t turn to look. He didn’t want to. He didn’t want to look into those blue eyes that would condemn him for what he had done. The detective shook off the observer’s hand and went back to his packing. Blair stood watching the Sentinel and his erratic movements. He tried again.

"Jim, STOP!" Blair yelled.

That got Jim’s attention. He slowly turned and looked at his Guide. Tears ran down the big man’s cheeks at the forming bruise on the check of the other man. Jim lifted his hand to touch the bruise. Blair didn’t move. He allowed the older man this moment. In his heart Blair knew that Jim hadn’t meant to hit him or yell in anger at him. Jim lightly touched the bruise and winced. He knew he had hit the younger man hard.

"Jim, I love you, you that." Blair started. "Let’s go downstairs and talk."

Blair took his lover by the hand and led him downstairs to the couch. After making Jim comfortable, Blair made some tea for them as well as a snack. Neither one of them had eaten and the young professor thought that it would be a good idea that they talk on a full stomach. Jim was quietly crying. He couldn’t help it. He felt guilty at hitting the young man. Blair looked up at the shaking shoulders of the Sentinel. This was going to be hard. Blair had forgiven Jim a lot of things and knew that he would forgive him this. He knew that Jim didn’t mean it. He knew that Jim loved him heart, body, and soul. Blair tried to smile but he saw the look on the older man’s face and lost that smile.

"Oh, Jim."

Blair put his arms around the detective and just held on for dear life. They would get through this. They would come out stronger. If it meant going to counseling they would do it. They both had been working hard and had seen little of each other. That’s one of the reasons that they had been arguing. Blair wasn’t really sure what brought on this argument. It could have been a lot of things. But the one thing it probably was was that the one evening that both men would have off Blair had to do some work for the University. That had angered Jim and they had argued about it. One argument in many. Blair sighed again. He kissed the head bent before him. He placed his check up against Jim’s head and cried along with the Sentinel.

The words were said so softly that Blair wasn’t sure if he had heard them. His head jerked up and he looked into the red eyes of the one man that he loved more than life itself.

"Say that again, mine."

"Forgive me, Blair, forgive me. I didn’t mean to. I would never hurt you. You know that don’t you. I love you so much. Blair, I will never hit you again. Promise."

Blair buried his face in Jim’s chest and cried even more. Here was this man who was pouring his heart out to him. How could he not forgive him? Blair forgave Jim in that minute. How couldn’t he? They would talk.

"Forgive me, love." Jim said again.

"Of course, Jim. I’ll forgive you. Let’s talk, ok."

Jim nodded his head and threw his arms open for his Guide. Both Sentinel and Guide talked long into the morning hours. They poured out their hearts to each other. Blair kept reassuring Jim that he was forgiven. He even suggested they get counseling to help with some of their problems. Jim
readily agreed.

The Sentinel looked at his tired Guide and led him upstairs. Instead of love making both men held tightly onto each other promising each other that if any argument that they have ever came to blows that they would step away and leave the loft. Both felt better in their hearts after their talk.

Life was going to be good for both of them.



The end.