Fear

by Patt

Fandom: Sentinel

Rating: R

Pairing: J/B

Summary: Blair is having a problem and doesn't know who to talk to about it.

Disclaimer: The boys don't belong to me. Drats! I'll put them back when I'm done using them. (I'm a big fat liar.)

Feedback address: PattRose1@aol.com

Challenges by Peja: http://patt_rose0.tripod.com/dreamingofsentinels/id21.html

Note: Peja has her own page. LOL

Beta: Mary is doing all of my other work right now, so this is unbeta'ed.


Fear
by Patt

"What do you think you're doing? He'll be gone like the breeze that flows through the trees..." Blair mumbled to himself.

"What was that, Chief?"

"Nothing, I'm almost ready." // Idiot. He almost heard you. No way is he going to let some fag live with him and ruin his name. //

In the truck Jim smiled at him and said, "What's up? You seem upset about something."

"Not a thing, Jim."

"Well if there is anything you need to talk about, you know where I am. Right?"

"Yeah, man, I do."

The cases they had that day were easily taken care of. So at 6:00 they left for the evening. In the elevator two guys from vice got on and Jim said, "Blair, do you want to go to Simoni's for dinner?"

Jim heard Blair's heart speed up and wondered why. "Not tonight Jim, I have paperwork to finish."

"We'll eat first. Stop being such a good cop." Jim ruffled up Blair's hair and laughed. The vice cops laughed too, making Blair calm a little.

Once in the truck, Jim asked, "Did those guys say something to you?"

"No, I've never talked to them before." Blair said truthfully.

"Chief, you're scaring me. What's going on?" Jim really was worried.

"I've got some personal things on my mind and I need to take care of some stuff. Nothing bad, Jim."

"Okay, I'll let you work it out, Chief. Sorry for pushing you." Jim drove quietly to the restaurant.

// See what you've done? You've made him feel bad. // There were two quiet men in the truck now. //

As soon as they were seated, they looked over the menu. The waitress came and asked, "Are you ready to order?"

"I am." Jim said, "Are you?" Looking at Blair.

"Yeah, I'll have the Chicken Alfredo and a glass of house wine."

Jim ordered, "I'll have braciole, house salad and a side of pasta with white sauce. Dr. Pepper."

"Do you want a large or small Dr. Pepper?" she asked.

"Large. Thank you." He handed his menu to her and she walked away.

"Jim, do you hear your heart screaming for help yet?" Blair teased.

"No, wouldn't listen anyway. I love the Braciole here."

"It is good. Do I get some of yours?" Blair smiled at him and Jim felt like they were back to good.

The two men discussed the case they were currently working on. They were very busy talking when the waitress brought a glass of Iced water for Blair and Jim's Dr. Pepper.

"Since when do you drink Dr. Pepper?" Blair asked.

"Since a certain someone keeps getting me one out of the machine in the bullpen. I'm addicted now." Jim laughed.

Blair glanced over and saw a couple staring at them. It was the kind of stare that wasn't good. The man glared at Blair, causing the young man to try and keep his mind off of them.

"Chief, your heart's beating too fast again. What's going on?" Jim whispered.

"Nothing. I remembered that I forgot to file something. I need to do it after dinner."

Dinner came and Jim was eating, but Blair was picking. Jim took his fork and took some of Blair's dinner. Jim was shocked at his reaction. Blair pulled away from the table and looked to see if anyone was looking.

"I get it now. Don't worry about it, Sandburg. Leave." Jim seemed angry to most but Blair knew he was hurt.

Blair got up and said, "I'm sorry."

"Just get out." Jim still seemed angry more than upset.

Blair went back to the bullpen and caught up on some work. Simon walked through and said, "Sandburg, I thought you went out to eat?"

"Didn't go well, sir."

Simon sat in front of Blair's desk and said, "What's going on?"

"I have some feelings towards Jim and I've been letting people make me feel bad things for Jim instead of good. All I feel basically is fear." Blair hung his head.

"So what did you say when he said he was BI?"

"Whose BI?" Blair asked, truly confused.

"Jim. Jim's BI." Simon almost shouted.

"No he isn't."

"Yes, he is. I've known him for a long time. I've met some of the men he dated. Now do you want to tell me what happened at the restaurant?" Simon asked.

So Blair filled Simon in on what happened and he said, "Oh shit."

"To put it mildly, sir."

"What are you still doing here? Get over there and kiss your sweet Prince." Simon laughed all the way into his office.

"I'm telling Jim you said that." Blair yelled.

"He probably already heard it, Sandburg. Now get out of here." Simon watched Blair rip off to the stairs. He wasn't waiting for a stinkin elevator.

// Don't blow this, Sandburg. //

Blair walked into the restaurant and saw Jim sitting there looking sad. "Hey big man. I owe you a major apology."

"You do, do ya?" Jim smiled up at him easily.

Blair leaned down and kissed Jim right in the middle of the restaurant.

"Chief, I think I missed a part." Jim really did look befuddled.

"Can I sit?" Blair asked.

"You just kissed me, I think you can sit." Jim smiled again. Blair liked that smile.

"Let me enlighten you. It was me that was having feelings for you and I was so afraid that someone would catch me looking or watching you that I became crazed. I thought you would leave me if you caught me watching you and wanting you. I'm sorry."

"Can we discuss this at home?" Jim stood up and Blair saw the nice erection waiting for him.

"Yes, you lead, I'll follow." Not before Blair got the leftovers. He was having some of Jim's dinner tonight. // He would have to keep up his energy. //

He rode in the truck with Jim and neither man was talking. "Jim, could you pull over and park?"

Jim pulled over and parked and Blair slid over and unzipped Jim's jeans and let that big boy out to play. He went down on him so quickly that Jim wasn't prepared for it. Blair was very good at sucking cock, so Jim came quickly.

He moved up to Jim's lips and asked; "Feel better?"

"I think part of my head is down on the floor of the truck. Could you look?" Jim didn't sound like he was teasing.

Blair laughed and said, "Move over here and I'll drive."

"I love you, Blair."

"I love you, Jim. When we get home you're going to fuck me until I can't sit down."

Jim got hard right away. "You're going to kill me aren't you?"

"Not if I can help it. Now my biggest fear will be losing you." Blair kissed him while stopped at a red light. There was a yellow car next to them watching and glaring. Blair stuck his tongue out at them and drove off when the light turned green. "If I was driving a yellow car, I wouldn't be making faces at anyone."

"You are going to be fun, aren't you?"

"I hope so, babe. I hope so." Blair blew him a kiss.

"The last one upstairs is the bottom." Blair started running and Jim let him. He didn't care. He wanted Blair either top or bottom. No fear in this household.

When he got up to the door, he heard Blair behind him and smiled. He wanted Jim to fuck him. What could a man do? // Fuck his brains out, Ellison. And love him for the rest of your life. //


End: Fear