Title: Dreams Of Passion

Fandom: The Sentinel

Author/pseudonym: Latoya

Email address: Sonia316@mindspring.com

Rating: R

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Date: 12/31/99

Archive : yes

Series:

Category: A/U

Disclaimer The boys don't belong to me and no money is being made, just fun.

Summary: Blair has bad dreams but are they really dreams?

Warnings: None

 

DREAMS OF PASSION

By Latoya

 

"Please, please, no more please." The tired figure groaned as a strong hot hand stroked over his chest, pinching hard nipples.

"Why of course there's more, my beautiful stranger. Do you think that I could just stop now after we have reached such a high pinnacle?" The hand moved to tangle in rich mahogany ringlets and the hair was tugged slightly to brings the strangers mouth in contact with a hot moist one.

"No, please I can't take it anymore, please don't do this to me. I have someone that needs me, depends on me to be there for him, I don't think that he could make it if I was not there for him, please don't take me away from him, I love him." The figure cried.

"Shhhh....... don't speak, just enjoy the pleasure I'm giving you. It will be all right." The figure didn't move or maybe couldn't. It succumbed to the stroking bought upon by the talented fingers working there way down his hypersensitive body.

The mouth had moved, but he could still feel himself being kissed and he couldn't see anyone else in the room with them, but the mouth had definitely moved. Trailing down his jaw and sliding to his neck leaving a wet path as it went.

"So good, so good." He could hear. Than a sharp pain enfolded him as he felt sharp teeth, fangs prick the skin of his throat and sliding in easily under his skin. Draining him of his blood, of his life's essence.

"Soon." Was the last thing he heard as his world went black.

852 Prospect Street:

"Sandburg if you don't get your ass out of that I'm gonna throw you off the balcony." Jim Ellison growled as he watched his partner pull the blanket up over his head, obviously trying to block him out.

"Ah man Jim that was one of the worst dreams that I have had in along time. I really didn't get any sleep last night so leave me alone." Blair Sandburg growled back at his partner, voice slightly muffled by the blanket.

"Come on Chief get out of that bed." Jim said as he put breakfast on the table. He looked up to see, Blair stumble from his room and head for the bathroom but it was not the stumbling that made Jim Ellison catch his breath or even the beauty of his partner that he admired secretly almost every minute of his life. It was the fresh giant red mark blossoming down his guides' neck.

"Blair, Blair what happene............." Jim trailed off unable to finish. 'How did it get there. Blair hadn't gone out last night. They had spent it in front of the t.v. together. He would of surely heard someone come in or Blair go out.'

Blair stilled instantly and slowly trailed his fingers up to his neck where he caressed a slightly raised bruise on his neck. "No it can't be." He whispered, as he blacked out.

Jim caught him easily before he could hit the ground. What the hell was going on?

*

"No Jim, I don't want to go to sleep. I dont wanna". Blair said as he traced his fingers back up to his neck.

"You have to go to sleep Chief, your a nervous wreck, I mean look at you, you can hardly stand up." Jim put his arm around Blairs' shoulder as he stumbled. "At least come sit on the couch with me Chief, that way I'll know your okay."

"Okay but your going to stay with me, aren't you? I mean I just don't want to be alone right now." He clung tightly to Jim as Jim helped him sit down.

"Of course, Chief I'm not going anywhere and I would never leave you alone if you didn't want me to." Jim whispered softly, stroking Blairs' curls. "Just lay your head on my shoulder and relax Chief, I'm going to be right here with you. We should talk anyways about what happened yesterday anyway. How......?" Jim trailed off.

Blair was softly snoring, head resting on Jims' shoulder. Jim sighed and very gently ran his fingers through his guides curls. Blair curved around him. "I want to protect you from everything that would hurt you in this world. But how can I protect you from this if I don't even know what it is myself?" Jim whispered to the darkened loft.

Blair awoke but he was no longer in Jims arm's or was he on the couch watching t.v. "What? Where am I? How did I get here?" He tried to turn around so that he could look at the rest of the room but he only found that his neck was stiff and there was a big collar around his neck. It also had a chain attached to it. He picked the chain up and begin to tug it only to find that it was attached to a nearby wall. He was also laying on something soft, softer than the couch, it was some sort of bed.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening. This isn't real, where am I?" Blair begin to panick in earnest, despertly pulling at the chain trying to get free, eyes moving around wildly trying to make out something in all the darkness that surrounded him. He searched and pulled until he tired himself out. Submissively slumping back onto the soft bedding.

"Who are you? Why am I here? I don't want to be here. Does that mean anything to you? I want to be with Jim. I want to be with Jim. I love Jim." 'Oh great he could tell everything but Jim that he loved him.' He thought sarcastically to himself.

"Feeling better?" The voice was soft and slightly amused.

"Who..who are you?" Blair said sliding as far back on the bed as he could. The other man in the room that he could see wasn't big and burly. Almost like Jim, except that Jim was his friend and this guy obviously wasn't.

The man with the soft voice sat down on the bed, inching towards Blair slowly, which made Blair cower back more. He caught Blair easily, pulling him back so that he was side by side with him. "You are a pretty one, aren't you? He choose well when he picked you." The man said stroking Blairs' curls from his face. He tilted Blair head to the side exposing his neck. "Ah I also see that he has also started the rites of possession on you."

"The rites of possession? What the hell is that" Blair said feeling anger fill him. "No one possesses me."

"Damn you, Julian, what the hell are you doing in here? I thought I told you to stay the hell away from him." Cold eyes were turned their way.

"Yes I suppose you did, you know I was just checking out your new pet, you don't have to be so dense about it, come on lighten up."

"Julian, I'm warning you keep away from my pretty one or your going to have to deal with me." The cold eyes watched as Julian turned to leave. "Now, my pretty, where were we before we were so rudely inturrupted the last time?"

There was no warmth in the smile that was turned Blair's way. He grabbed Blair by the collar and pulled him so that they were face to face with each other. "Oh yes I remember, and you taste so wonderful too." With that he locked his lips over Blair's and began to devour Blair's mouth while all Blair could do was hold the front of the collar that was choking him and whimper.

'Jim, oh Jim where are you? He's hurting me.' Were Blair's last conscious thoughts.

*

Blair awoke, neck stiff and hurting, with an awful taste in his mouth that he couldn't quite place. As soon as he got up he would go brush his teeth and rid himself of the taste. He went to pull himself up but found that he was laying on something hard and lumpy. He looked down to see Jim, his partner, fast asleep. Not wanting to wake him, he tried to move more carefully but a strong arm encircled him and he was dragged down into his partner's steel like arms.

(Like the ocean he thought, as he gazed into his lover's blue eyes.

"I love you little one, you are the one I want to grow old with. I want to tell you all my secrets and desires. I want to sit on the front porch with you when we're eighty and talk about the good old days. I love your laughter, your smile, your way with people. You have a beauty that is pure inside and out. I guess what I am trying to say is, will you be my mate? Keep me safe forever and always? Stay by my side through good times and bad, but not only as my partner, but as my husband."

"Yes Jim, I will always be with you and I would love to be your mate, your husband."

Jim hugged his lover close and snuggled his nose into Blair's rich, auburn curls, inhaled the fresh scent that was his Blair.

"I love you forever Blair, please don't ever forget that.")

Blair had struggling gently to extract himself from his sleeping friend when he heard Jim say that he loved him, loved him? But how could that be? Jim could have whoever he wanted.

Blair finally succeeded at pulling himself from Jim's arms. As soon as he was up he started for the bathroom, thinking that whatever he heard Jim say must have been just a trick of hearing. Jim couldn't really love him, couldn't really.

"Blair?" A sleepy voice mumbled.

"What Jim, if you don't get up and go to bed your back is going to hurt in the morning."

"I was having a wonderful dream, Chief. It was so nice." Jim said, as his eyes slid shut again savoring the last moments of the lingering dream.

"Really, what was it about?" Blair sighed, hoping against hopes that maybe he had heard Jim right.

"Um....well, just forget it Chief." Jim said blushing.

"Oh, ok man. I have to go brush my teeth." Blair said heading for the bathroom again.

"Why, do you have a date or something Chief?" Jim said with a frown.

Blair smiled and said "No, I just have an icky taste in my mouth and I want to rinse it out that's all."

"Oh." Jim said, his frown disappearing.

Blair didn't bother to close the bathroom door, his heart hurt from wishing for something that he never could never have. He squeezed the toothpaste on his tooth brush, but before he started to brush his teeth he rinsed his mouth out with water.

Blair looked down in horror as red liquid and clear liquid mixed swirling together in the sink. ' Oh shit, that was blood, his blood? No, no, no. This can't be happening, it couldn't have really happened, could it?' He thought as his mind started to become fuzzy. Blair grabbed the edge of the sink weakly. "Jim, I need you."

*

"What is it Chief, is everything okay in there?" When he got no reply Jim hurriedly made his way into the bathroom to help his partner, what he saw when he got there brought a chill to his heart.

Blair was hunched over the sink and he could smell the coppery scent of blood. He instantly went into blessed protector mode and went over to wrap his arms around his partner. "Blair come on, oh God Chief speak to me."

"Jim man you can calm down, I'm all right." Blair replied meekly. The last week had taken a lot out of him.

"No your not Chief, your bleeding, come on let me see what's wrong." Jim replied, refusing to calm down until he knew everything was okay.

Blair opened his mouth and said "Ahhhhh!" He knew it was the only way to get Jim off his back.

Jim peered into his mouth searching for any cuts or bruises. "Hmmmm can't tell Chief, looks like I need to get a closer look, a closer feel." Jim said as he stroked his guides jaw with his finger tips. "Come on Chief say 'Ahhhh' again."

"Jim, man what are you going to do? I don't trust you Jim. All I did was ooo....." The rest of his excuse was cut off as Jim reached down and kissed the younger man. His tongue swirled around in the hot mouth, searching for any sign of bruising in his Guide's mouth.

Blair moaned hungrily, and wrapped his arms around Jim's neck. "Oh, Jim you don't know how long I've wanted you to do that."

Jim just mumbled "hmmmmm?" and went back to kissing Blair. He tasted so good and warm, the blood that he had smelled earlier was gone. Nothing was left but the wonderful taste of his Guide.

When the need to breathe became extreme Jim broke the kiss, and looked down at Blair. He looked into dark blue eyes and wondered how they had gotten to this moment? On the other hand he didn't care, Blair was in his arms and that was all he could think of.

"Lets take this somewhere we can....."

Jim's words were cut short by Blair's tongue. He had begun to lick Jim's lips slowly, than he nipped at his lower lip. It was more than Jim could stand. He wrapped his strong arms around Blair's waist and lifted him off the floor. He carried Blair to his old room, Blair wasn't going to be allowed to sleep anywhere else except with Jim when this was over.

"Are you sure?" Jim asked Blair.

Blair couldn't speak, all he knew was that he had dreamed about this since he had met Jim. The word yes didn't seem to have enough meaning to it, could never express how he felt. All he could do was nod his head in a yes motion. Yes, to anything that Jim wanted of him. Yes, to any and everything he wanted to do to him.

Jim, couldn't believe his ears, Blair not talking? He was about to say something, when he noticed the look on Blair's face. The look that said everything. It hit him all at once, this was something more than sex, this was more than anything he had ever had. This was love.

At that moment time seemed to stand still. All Jim could hear was the beating of Blair's heart... or was it his? When Blair exhaled, Jim inhaled him. He could smell the longing that radiated from Blair's whole being...or was it his own longing that he felt? It felt like the whole world had left them to explore each other, giving them all the time that they needed.

Afterwards as they lay in Blair's small bed, bodies wrapped around each other. Jim held onto his Guide tight, vowing to never let him go. "Go to sleep now Chief." Jim said as he tucked them both in nice and tight.

"Yeah Jim, sleep." Blair said groggily. "I love you Jim, as long as your with me nothing can hurt me," he said as he yawned.

"Love you to Chief, forever and always."

Unknown to them a set of angry eyes watched from the shadows.

*

Blair awoke, the cold spot next to him making him shiver. "Jim, Jim where are you, where'd ya go?" He felt around in the cold empty spot next to him and encountered something hard, wet and warm.

He pulled his fingers away quickly, whatever it was, it wasn't Jim. He brought his hand to his face, squinting in the dim light trying to make out whatever the wet stuff was. Suddenly a faint overhead light flickered on and he saw that his fingers were slicked with a red, sticky substance. He jumped from the bed, grabbed a tee shirt and wiped as much as he could off his fingers.

'Come on Blair you can do this, it's just some trick that your mind's playing on you. It's not what it looks like, it can't be.' He thought as he slowly walked back to the small bed. Once there he found out what was next to him.

It was a picture of Jim that he had found one day while looking for his lost school notes in a kitchen drawer. It was an old picture, but Jim still looked the same, arms across his chest and a huge smile on his face, wearing his favorite dark blue turtle neck. He had fallen in love with the picture instantly. He took it out and framed it. Jim never noticed it was missing, or never said anything about it if he did.

Now it lay on the empty bed, red liquid covering almost every inch of the picture. His heart grew cold and he started shaking, he had to find Jim fast. "JIM! JIMM!!" He screamed, making sure the whole building heard him, but he got no answer in return.

'No, no this can't be happening. Please, please let Jim be okay.' He prayed to himself as he rushed up the stairs to Jim's room. Jim's bed was empty save for the turned back quilt and the same bloody picture that rested in the empty space. "Jim?" He said as he sank to the carpet below sobbing. "Where are you?"

"Did you think that you could protect him from me?" A low, harsh voice whispered through the loft.

"Who said that and where's Jim?" Blair said standing up again.

"If you really want to know that, take a good look at the picture, you'll see." The voice was laced with bitterness.

Blair made his way back to the bed and willed himself to pick up the picture and really focus on it. The picture was still the same as when he had first found it in the kitchen, but a second look at it made him think that his eyes were playing tricks on him. Jim was looking at him out of sightless eyes and blood poured from a wound in his neck. It seemed to pour from the picture itself, soaking his hands with blood, Jim's blood.

"Now I'll ask you again, did you really think that you could protect him from me?"

Blair stood there, pulling painful bursts of air into his lungs.The picture lay unnoticed on the floor where he had dropped it. "Jim." He whispered as his world faded away from him.

~~~~

Blair if you don't get up I'm not going to leave you any bacon." Jim teased as he swiped another piece off the tray.

Blair's eyes shot open at the sound of Jim's voice. It was Jim, the real Jim, alive and whole. It was just a dream, that's all it was, just a horrible nightmare that seemed so real. He reached for the picture in his nightstand but when his hand came away slick and slippery he started to scream.

Jim rushed into Blair's room, spatula in his hand ready to defend his Guide. "What's wrong Blair?"

"Jim, I, I........."

"Shhhh, it's all right Blair I'm right here. You know that I love you don't you?"

"Ye..., no."

"No?" Jim gave him a puzzled look.

"I know you do but what I meant to say was that I can't do this. I don't want you to kiss me or touch me anymore" He paused for a moment gathering his strength and said the most painful words that he had ever said in his life. "I don't love you Jim."

Blair watched for his partner's reaction. What he saw made him want to cry. Jim swallowed hard and his eyes showed only pain and sadness. The light of joy was gone.

"If you want me to go, Jim, I will, just give me some time to get every...."

Jim interrupted him with a quick wave of his hand. "Don't worry Sandburg, I'm leaving." He didn't say anymore, just got up, grabbed his jacket from the peg by the door, grabbed his keys from the dish, and was gone.

"Jim?" Blair called, but the only thing that answered him was the sound of the front door slamming.

Blair lay huddled into a fetal position on his bed, tears streaming from his eyes, shoulders shaking with pain. "Oh Jim, I do love you so very much. I would do anything to protect you anything at all, even give you up. I don't want you to die."

Jim was too caught up in his own misery to hear the words that Blair had said. He headed down the stairs on wobbly feet, trying to stay up straight. When he got to the bottom of the stairwell he finally broke down and cried.

Back inside the loft, Blair never noticed that the picture was the same as it always had been, no blood. Just a smiling Jim.

The stereo system which had been playing softly in the background could be heard clearly now.

"Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love
The kind of love you really need
Wish I could say to you
That I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me

You need someone willing to give their heart and soul to you
Promise you forever, baby that's something I can't do
Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a lie
I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

I hope someday you can find some way to understand
I'm only doing this for you I don't really wanna go
But deep in my heart
I know this is the kindest thing to do
You'll find someone who'll be the one that I could never be
Who'll give you something better
Than the love you'll find with me

Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a crime
I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

Leaving someone when you love someone
Is the hardest thing to do,
when you love someone as much as I love you

Oh I don't wanna leave you
Baby it tears me up inside
But I'll never be the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

Baby, its never gonna work out
I love you, goodbye"

This time the eyes smiled from the shadows.

*

Jim Ellison walked and walked, not wanting to look back, not wanting to see the rejection in his love's eyes. He loved Blair so much, and it had made his heart sing when he got to spend that one perfect night with him. To learn the tastes and the textures of his new love that his lips, hands, body and soul would never forget until the day he died, and even beyond that into eternity.

Rain fell from the sky like huge tear drops that landed on his cheek and mixed with his own salty ones. Cars drove by, splashing cold muddy water on him, but he paid it no mind, he walked as if he were in a trance, maybe zoning a little on his pain. He was wet, cold and dirty, but the only thing that he felt was the numbing pain in his heart. While his mind chanted one thing to him over and over again. 'Go back, your heart has already been crushed, but you need to tell him that you love him and that you will wait forever for him if you have too.'

~~~~

Blair Sandburg lay in the same fetal position that he had been in when Jim had left. His tears had longed turned to dust and his mouth was dry from calling Jim's name over and over again. 'I better get going before Jim gets home,' he thought, the word home no longer having the same meaning to him. Before home meant any place that Jim was, now it meant only pain.

He sat up, looking around his small room for anything that he could take with him now, the bigger stuff he could come back for when he was sure that Jim was at work. He grabbed a few pairs of jeans and some sweaters from his closet and stuffed them into his school bag. He put on his coat and was ready to walk out the door with a heavy heart in tow, but as soon as he pulled it open he came face to face with Jim, who quickly ushered him back inside the loft.

"Blair, I need to tell......" Jim stopped mid sentence when he noticed Blair's overstuffed school bag with a sweater sleeve hanging from the gaping hole where Blair couldn't close the zipper. "Blair, you have to know that I love you, and I will love you forever if you let me. How could you spend that one night with me, tell me that you love and cherish me, then take it all back the next day? You can do what you want Blair but just know that I will always love you and when you decide to come home I will be right here waiting for you." Jim said forcing himself to continue.

Blair couldn't meet Jim's eyes, knowing that he would breakdown and confess the real reasons about why he was doing this to both of them. He kept his shimmering tear filled eyes on the floor as he spoke, "Jim man, I'm sorry, it felt so right when we first, um you know, any ways when we did it the first time it felt right, but I realize now that it was a mistake and trust me on this, it will never happen again." Blair steeled himself as he watched his partner's body shake from pain. He wanted nothing more than to go to Jim and wrap his arms around the larger man, kiss him until all his worries faded into the night.

"I have to go now." Without a backwards glance Blair took off out the door and into the cold rainy night.

Jim fell head first into himself, his mind disconnecting from his hurting heart so he no longer had to feel it. He slumped down to his knees, the door still open behind him as his mind disappeared from reality.

~~~~

Blair ran and ran, not knowing where he was running to, just that he had to keep going, even if it killed him. He knew he needed to get as far away from Jim as possible and that was killing him inside. When he was out of breath he stopped and leaned against the side of a building.

"Blairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." The voice dry and brittle

"No, go away, I don't want you here." Blair shouted into the darkness.

"Blairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, its time to go home now." Same voice, but closer.

"Yeah that's right, I want to go home but I can't because of you, who are you and what do you want from me?" Blair shouted again.

"Blairrrrrrrrrrrrrr, lets go home now." This time the voice came from inside his head, and he felt his breath leave him as his mind dissolved in a paralyzing pain. He tried to move but his body wouldn't listen. He fell to the ground, his eyes staring up into two bright smiling ones. That was all he saw before he lost consciousness. When he awoke it was still dark but it was no longer raining, except for the small trickle that tickled it’s way down his stomach. He wanted to reach up and swipe it away but found that he couldn't. It wasn't like his hands or feet were restrained or anything, he just couldn't move anything but his head from side to side. He lifted his carefully and gazed down at his naked body and it convulsed in pain again.

"Oh God, what is happening to me?" Blair moaned as he felt another searing pain slice through his body.

"Your body is dying, I wish that I could say that it would be fast and painless, but it won't. Death will come to you in the slowest way and cause you exquisite pain, but as soon as your body is mine, the rites of possession will be complete and you will be mine forever. No one will be able to take you away from me. Not that cop of yours, not Julian, not no one. Actually I was thinking about letting Julian have your friend, your lover. He's so defenseless right now. If someone robbed him, he wouldn't know the difference. Julian, I grant you leave, you may have that cop as your plaything but after you kill him all I ask of you is to clean up your mess." The voice sounded highly amused as cold hands stroked Blair's tear stained cheeks.

Julian's face lit up into a cold smile as he left, mumbling something about stupid rules.

~~~~

Jim still sat in the same position as he had when Blair had left. Simon looked down at his best detective. He tucked his gun back into the holster after he had searched the house and there was no danger. 'What the hell was going on and where was the kid. Jim is in a big time zone out and if he expects me to get him back well he's wrong. I don't know the first thing about making Jim come back,' Simon thought as he scanned the loft, taking in scattered clothes on the living room floor, breakfast still on the table, the radio playing softly in the background. 'What the hell was going on?', he thought again as the radio began to play a sad song.

He grabs his magazines, he packs his things and he goes he leaves the pictures hanging on the wall, he burns all his notes and he knows, he’s been here too few years to feel this old.

He smokes his cigarette, he stays outside ‘til it’s gone if anybody ever had a heart, well he wouldn’t be alone he knows, he’s been here too few years, to be gone. And we always say, it would be good to go away someday, but if there’s nothing there to make things change, if it’s the same for you I’ll just hang

The trouble understand, is he got reasons he don’t, funny how he couldn’t see at all, ‘til he grabbed up his coat and he goes, he’s been here too few years to take it all in stride, but still it’s much too long, to let hurt go (you let him go)

and we always say, it would be good to go away, someday but if there’s nothing there to make things change if it’s the same for you I’ll just hang the same for you I’ll always hang well I always say, it would be good to go away but if things don’t work out like we think and there’s nothing there to ease this ache but if there’s nothing there to make things change if it’s the same for you, I’ll just hang

*

"Soon, your body will start to respond. It will crave my touch, your mouth will beg for my kiss, your hands will clutch at my shoulders as I devour you."

"No, I only want Jim,"

"Shhh sweet one, there's no more Jim, he's probably dead by now, knowing Julian's appetite."

"No." Silent tears rolled down his cheek as his head was tipped back and small nipping kisses were scattered on his jaw and slowly down his throat.

"Yes." The voice hissed as the body beneath his arched under his touch and a breathless moan followed soon after. "See I told you that you would enjoy this, now all you have to do is submit to me, tell me that you want it."

"Ye......No... I mean Ye...No!", he stammered as the mouth worked it's way down to his chest.

"Submit to me."

"Never." 'As long as Jim was alive there was still hope, no matter how dim it seemed.'

THE LOFT:

"Jim, come on Jim wake up. Where's the kid?" Simon shook his best detective and friend desperately, trying to bring him out of the zone. He had been trying for the last hour.

"Blair is in trouble, he won't come back, have to get him to come back", Jim said in an almost hypnotized voice.

"Jim that's it come back, we have to go find the kid so I can ring his neck when I get my hands on him. Leaving you like this."

"No! It's not his fault, I think it's because of the dreams that he's been having, he said that some guy keeps hurting him. Gotta find Blair, he's alone now and, and so vulnerable."

"Okay, I don't know what's going on but I'm willing to help. Where do you think he went?"

A vision flashed before Jim's eyes, it was a dark and dank place, where he imagined he could smell the dampness of a sewer. Yes a sewer, that's where Blair was.

"In a sewer Simon, he's in a sewer. We have to go and find him please."

"Sure Jim, lets go." Simon said as they both left the loft.

Julian sat atop the building across the street, his legs dangling over the side. 'This is going to be interesting,' he thought as he gave Jim the exact location to where his precious Blair was. He smiled as Jim came out of the building followed by the *hunta.* 'Yes very interesting indeed.'

"Ahhh man Jim, do we have to go down there?" Simon said pointing to the sewer.

"Come on Simon I know exactly where Blair is and we have to hurry if we want to save him."

Simon shook his head but followed his best detective anyway. When they came across a small clearing Jim stopped and cocked his head to the side. They were close, oh so close. He could hear his Guide's frantic heartbeat and he picked up the pace almost breaking out into a run, which Simon struggled to keep up with. They had just entered another part of the sewer when they came across Blair's naked body lying across a slab of stone, bite marks littered from head to toe. Before they could see anymore a black form blocked their view.

"I thought that you would be dead by now."

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not and I'm here to take him back." Jim said indicating Blair.

"And what if I say that you're too late. His heart is slowing down and dying, and when it does he will die and be mine forever."

"I don't believe you", Jim said defiantly refusing to hear the other man's words even though he could hear his Guide's heartbeat slowing to an abnormal pace and then get slower and slower. "No please don't die on me Chief." Jim said slumping to his knees. "Do you know how much I need you, how much I love you? I can't live without you Chief, I need you."

The vampire sensing his victory pulled out a small doubled bladed dagger and prepared to finish the job that he had sent Julian out to do. He was getting ready to swing when he felt something hot and fast go through his chest.

"Freeze!!", yelled Simon. Making sure to keep his gun in the other man's view.

"Damn you *hunta*, I thought that I killed your race away in the 17th century? Hmmm I'll have to find your bloodline and eliminate them all, but for now we'll save this meeting for another time I suppose."

*

Julian sighed as he felt the familiar dark presence enter the hotel room he was staying in. "So did you have fun with your new pretty one?" Julian asked, a small hint of teasing in his voice.

"Enough!!", the venomous voice boomed at him then grew softer, incredibly darker.

Julian found himself backing away from that voice for he knew what the tone meant, how dangerous it could be. He had to stop though when his back hit the wall and the dark figure loomed over him, blocking his way of escape. He turned his head away, not wanting to stare the dark figure in the eyes, but it just reached out and grasped his chin, forcing him to look.

"I don't want to think that you had anything to do with this, did you?"

"Little ole me? Of course not." Julian snickered, not letting his fear show to the other man.

"When I find out who did, you know what will happen to them don't you?"

"Sure I do, but that has nothing to do with me now does it? I only want one thing and that's to see my mom."

A cruel smile graced the figure's lips and it turned into a snarl to show sharp gleaming canines in the lamplight. "So you want to see mommy do you? What makes you think that I would let you see her now?"

"You promised me once a month, that was the deal we made and this month is drawing to a close, keep your promise or I'll..... I'll......

"Or you'll what my pet?"

"You promised, please don't take this from me," Julian said trying not to cry, trying to keep his voice straight. He missed his mom so much. 'Damn,' Julian swore at himself for letting his tears fall, he felt weak as they skated slowly down his cheek and dripped to the floor from his jaw.

"Shhhh don't cry little one, you know that I'm always fair to you, aren't I?" The cruel smile and venomous tone was back. The black figure stroked Julian's white hair away from his eyes and tilted his head back,. "But first you have to do something for me, I missed my meal early today so I guess I'll snack now."

"No, you said you wouldn't do that anymore, please." Julian's calm facade of coldness was fading fast into terror.

"Shhhhhhh just a small snack I guarantee that you will enjoy this as much as me," the dark figure said as he nipped the trembling neck in and trailed his hands down the shivering body that was already starting to respond to his touch."

"Please no...................."

*

Julian was quiet as they walked up the steps of the old abandoned house. He let the other man walk ahead of him, but when they came to the door the older man unlocked it with a key and motioned for Julian to go before him.

Julain walked straight throught the living room and into the bedroom. "Mom, mom," he said softly calling to the younger woman that looked so pale and fragile laying all alone in the middle of the king sized bed. He knelt beside the bed and stroked loose tendrels of brown hair to the side. "Mom?" he called again, but when she didn't make a sound or make a move to acknowledge his presence Julian turned furious eyes to the man that stood in the doorway to the room. "Why isn't she waking up, you said that she would be okay."

"Calm down Jules, she's fine all you have to do is give her a good shake." The man said grinning.

Instead Julian laid his head on her stomach and began to cry. "Oh mom please wake up, please come back to me." He started when he felt shaky hands thread through his hair.

"Julian."

He gently took the wandering hand and brought it to his mouth, feeling the cool hand agains his warm lips. "Mom, you're awake," he mumered. Laying his head back down onto her stomach.

"You have to let me go, so you can be free."

"No, I can't, mom, if I let you go, you will die, I can't live without you."

"You must, for me please? I would have died a long time ago okay, if not for that bastard, you have to understand that." The words came out soft and choked.

The man that stood in the door didn't want to hear anymore so he left them to talk, only returning thirty minutes later when he was tired of waiting. "Lets go," he said roughly.

"But I'm not done, I don't want to." The man grabbed Julian by one arm and hauled him to his feet and out of the house until they were standing outside.

"Don't you dare underestimate me, you got that? I could kill her so easily."

"But you said you wouldn't, as long as I submit to you, you promised me that you wouldn't harm her."

"And I'm not, all she really does is sleep most of the time. Don't worry Jules, your my pet, my first pet and I'm never letting you go."

"Yeah whatever," Julian said, stuffing his hands into his pockets and quickly disappearing.

*

Julian found himself wandering through Cascade National Forest, the need to feed growing more urgent by the second. He expanded his hearing until he found the perfect victim or should he say victims, there were at least two of them and one was calling the other one Alfred, this was going to be good.

Two for the price of one.

to be continued in
PART NINE SOON