Title: Discovery

Author/pseudonym: Griffin

Email address: miyakegriffin@flashmail.

Rating: R

Pairings: J/B

Status: Complete

Date: 10/08/99

Archive: Yes

Archive author: Yes

Archive email address: Yes

Series/Sequel:

Category: Alternate Universes, First Times

Disclaimer: Not mine, wish they were. I'd let them have more fun!

Notes: Thanks to Marmoset, who asked just the right question. Extra special Thank Yous to Bast and Myrna, Betas Extrordinaire, for their most kind and patient assistance. Any errors are entirely my fault.

Summary: A sweet little first time story.

Warnings: m/m

 

DISCOVERY

By Griffin

 

Jim Ellison walked up the stairs to the loft. Seemingly endless piles of paperwork, with no Blair for company, made for a mind-and-butt numbingly long day. The grad student/police observer had university commitments that day, leaving Jim to tackle the paperwork himself. He wrestled it into submission, and now he was free for a whole weekend. Blair was already home, so he could relax. He opened the door, tossed his keys into the basket, and went to the fridge. A cold beer sounded really good. "Chief, you want a beer?"

There was no response.

Jim grabbed two beers and walked across to the sofa. He stood behind his oblivious roommate. Roommate, friend, and Guide. Without Blair's help controlling his senses, Jim was certain he'd be crazy or dead.

Blair was staring intently at his laptop screen. Jim took a moment to inventory his Guide, cataloging the sights, scents, and sounds that were uniquely Blair Sandburg. If he could only taste Blair...Jim ruthlessly reined in his wandering thoughts. Blair was enthusiastically heterosexual, and he accomplished nothing by longing for the impossible. Back to the matter at hand. Something was niggling at the edge of his mind. He focused again on Blair. Hmm, heartbeat was a bit elevated, respiration a bit fast, his scent.... there was something different about Blair's scent. There was a deep, musky tang underlying his scent; the smell of arousal. Whatever it was, Blair was tuned in and turned on. Jim took in a deep breath, pulling the scent of aroused Guide as deeply into himself as he could. Jim took a long swallow of his beer. He had to know what had captured his Guide's attention so completely.

Jim looked at the laptop screen. It was filled with text in tiny type. No problem for Sentinel sight. He began to read the words...'Jake moaned as Joe pulled him close, his strong hands cupping Jake's ass possessively. Jake could feel Joe's erection as it pressed into him. Joe growled "too many clothes"....'

Blair was reading erotic fiction. Blair was reading gay erotic fiction. And he was turned on by it.

For a moment, it seemed to Jim as if the whole world hung suspended, then shuddered and realigned itself. For the first time in years, Jim felt a flicker of hope.

Jim leaned over the sofa and softly asked "Whatcha reading, Chief?"

Blair leaped off the sofa, and whirled to face Jim. "Jesus, man, are you trying to give me a heart attack! You could have said something, made some noise, not sneak up on me...".

"Whoa, Chief, easy. I made plenty of noise. I asked you if you wanted a beer. You were just so intent on your reading you didn't notice."

Blair put the laptop on the coffee table and Jim handed him a beer. As Blair took a swallow, Jim asked, "So what was so fascinating?" He watched with amazement as Blair choked and sputtered, and blushed bright red.

"Um. I was, it was, um a story, and, uh," Blair paused and took in a deep breath. "I-was-reading-this-story-and-it-was-really-good-and-the-font-size-was-kinda-tiny-so-I-was-concentrating-really-hard-and-I-didn't-hear-you-come-in-I'm-sorry-what-doyou-want-for-dinner?"

Jim ignored the attempt at redirection. He looked at Blair, allowing just a bit of the hunger he felt for him to show in his gaze.

Blair blinked. He must be imagining it; Jim wouldn't look at him like that. Yet there it was, it almost looked like - desire. Blair felt the warmth from that gaze curl through him, unaware of the hunger in his own eyes. Jim slowly stalked over to Blair, moving with a predatory grace that made Blair shiver. Jim reached up and gently stroked Blair's cheek. "Be very sure, Blair. I've wanted you for a long time. This is not some fling for me."

Blair opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He cleared his throat and tried again. "I didn't think you could ever want me. " he said softly. "You only ever dated women. Tall, beautiful women. What chance would a short, geeky anthropologist have?"

"Blair, you only dated women too. I couldn't risk scaring you off, damaging our friendship, by telling you I was bi. I need you too much for that." The last was said so softly Blair had to strain to hear it.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jim. I've wanted this, wanted you almost since the beginning." Blair reached up and caressed Jim's face. Stretching up to reach his mouth, Blair whispered, "I'm sure."

Jim leaned down, closing the slight distance between their lips. Blair's lips were soft and warm. He slipped his tongue inside, seeking more. The taste of him exploded across his tongue, and Jim reveled in the flavor. All his senses focused on his Guide; the heady scent of arousal and 'essential Blair', the feel of the strong sturdy body in his arms, the silky tangle of curls beneath his fingers. Sight... strange, he didn't remember closing his eyes. Jim pulled away and gazed at Blair.

Blair looked back with heavy lidded eyes. His curls were in wild disarray. His cheeks were flushed and his lips were reddened. He pulled Jim back with a slight jerk. "More," he demanded.

When Jim again tried to look at his lover, he realized they were on the sofa, and somehow he had lost his shirt. Blair was straddling him, and struggling with his own shirt, which was caught on his wrist. Jim tugged it off. "Blair, wait, wait." Blair froze. "It's okay", he soothed. "I just want to move this upstairs."

"Upstairs. I can do upstairs."

Somehow they made it to the bedroom without injury. Jim pulled Blair close. "I want to see you. All of you." Blair stepped back, and toed off his shoes and socks. He unfastened his jeans, and with a seductive wiggle slid out of jeans and boxers.

"Lie back on the bed." Jim directed. He quickly stripped. Jim stepped to the foot of the bed. Blair was laid out like a feast before him; Jim intended to savor every inch. "You are so beautiful." For the second time that day, Jim was treated to the sight of a blushing Blair. He noticed Blair's too-rapid heartbeat.

"Have you ever..."he started to ask, but Blair cut in with "Just kissing and a little groping. There was never anybody I wanted enough...."he trailed off.

Jim carefully studied his lover. Blair was nervous, but excited too. "Relax. I won't do anything you don't want. I just want to hold you, to feel you." He crawled up and lay beside Blair. He pulled him across so Blair covered him. He relished the crisp springy feel of Blair's chest hair against his naked skin. "Mmm," he purred. "This is even better than I dreamed."

"You dream about me?"

"Often."

"What do you dream?"

"Let me show you." Jim's lips fastened onto Blair's, and he lost himself in Blair again.

******************

Something was tickling his nose. Jim slowly drifted to consciousness. He was wrapped around warmth, the heartbeat he anchored himself with beating steadily in his ears. Blair's curls were tickling his nose...he snapped into awareness. Blair was in his bed, in his arms, it wasn't a dream. His arms tightened involuntarily around his Guide. Blair murmured something unintelligible even to Sentinel hearing. "I love you." Jim whispered softly.

Blair snuggled closer. "Love you, too." he replied. As Jim drifted off to sleep, a fleeting thought crossed his mind. //Have to bookmark that website.//

 

### The End ###