Cry in the night

By Bluesky

Email: Desidera21@aol.com

The Sentinel

Jim/Blair

Rated PG. 13 for death and Bad language

NOTE: This is a response to a PEJA challenge, Jim and Blair died In a shoot out, Back up failed to show up in time, and there last call for help is heard every night on the Police radio

Warning! Death. Not Betaed.

A loving Mom and caring Friends attempt to guide there lost one to there final peace. Work in progress.

 

Cry in the night

By Bluesky

Naomi sat on the prayer mat in full yoga position; it had taken over an hour for her to achieve the calm that she knew that she needed to do this most difficult thing. The rooftop of the building was quiet in the dark, but the feel of an impending thunderstorm was in the air. She knew the risks.

Lighting. The lighting that had struck the radio tower behind her a year ago, The one that had.. Taken her baby and his partner from her. SO much violence! She could feel the echo of it even now, so much pain had happened in this place.

She persevered, despite the negative energy. Her physic friend sat across from her, His chubby normally cheerful face tense with trying to block the energies from the place. The fact that he was willing to try gave her hope. This was not were his talents lay, but she and hoped that they could together help Jim and Blair find the final release that trapped there spirits in this place, to ease the cry that happened each night, the call for help that never came.

The police radio sat between them, the channel open to the frequency that the call had come in on. It was almost time. She look up at the companions around her in the circle. Megan, Rafe, Simon, Her physic friend Harry. There was no pentagram in this circle, Banks would not stand for it. The evil people that had used this building as a killing site had used an inverted pentagram. Sick men, looking to open a gateway to a power that would destroy them and the world if they had succeeded. Banks just looked at it as twisted sick people that had watched one too many horror movies.

One killing a month, on each floor for a year, On the full moon. Finding runaway teens, from out of state had hid most of their ill deeds. The last ceremony was to be on the roof. Someone had spotted what was happening and Jim and Blair had been the ones that responded.

They had interrupted the ceremony, The opening of the gate between worlds. Too late to save the girl that had been the offering. Victim, but in time to spoil the last of the rite that would bring the powers that they sought.

A storm had been raising, not unusual for Cascade. Jim had been wounded, a shot to the gut below his Kevlar, Blair radioing for help. Help that never came.

The radio tower, A booster tower that Cascade Police used pined Jim and Blair down. Lightning struck. The cultists were killed. Some said in retaliation by an angry power that was denied entrance to this world. Some said that it was just fate.

You could see the outlines on the base of the tower. Like the shadow of the person that had been there, like at Hiroshima, You could see were Jim and Blair had been. Their bodies had never been recovered.

Naomi forced her eyes from the spot that her son had died. The image of two people, one blurring into the other, the taller being supported by the smaller.

She had come to help them find peace. To end the cries for help in the night.

*

"Officer down! I repeat, officer down! We need assistance! Dam it! Someone... Answer me! Dam it, Jim, You hang in there! I repeat officer down! We are On the roof of the building! There are an unknown number of gunmen, one civilian dead! Ellison! Dam you, hang in there!. He's taken a gut shot! I need an ambulance STAT!"

"Blair... " Jim's voice could be heard faintly in the background.

"Dam it! Some one Respond! Fuck "

A loud crack of Thunder came from the radio; a large amount of static, and the radio was once more quiet.

END PART 1