Title: Conversations in interrogation

Author: Selena

kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Fandom: Sentinel

Pairing: None

Series: Sequel to Conversations in getaway driving, second part of a series of four.

Rating: PG13 ever so slight swearing

Warning: None

Summery: Blair, Jim and Simon in an interrogation room

Archive: If you want it

Disclaimer: None of the guys belong to me


Conversations In Interrogation
By Selena


SIMON: So you are honestly telling me that you didn’t get a good look at the driver. Is that your story, Sandburg?

BLAIR: It’s what I said, Simon

SIMON: You were in the car with her for over an hour and you are telling me that you didn’t see her face?

BLAIR: I didn’t say I didn’t see her face, I said that I didn’t get a good look at it. She hid behind her hair most of the time. Her hair was blond. I guess that her eyes were blue, although they did look like a kind of smokey gray.

SIMON: Sandburg!

JIM: Hey, back off a little, Captain. Blair is not on trail here.

SIMON: Jim, this could be our only link to this spate of armed robberies that are plaguing this department. Hudson and his men aren’t talking. They are going down hard; there is no way we can make a deal for them.

JIM: And you hope that you can get this driver to talk by getting her a lesser charge.

SIMON: I would like to. But your partner isn’t being very helpful.

BLAIR: I’m telling you what I can, Simon.

SIMON: I’m going for coffee. You talk to him, Jim. When I get back I expect a straight answer.

JIM: Chief, what’s up? You’re forgetting that I know you; you’re not an observer for nothing. I’ll bet that you have memorized the face of that girl,
especially if she is as pretty as I think she is.

BLAIR: She didn’t have anything to do with it, Jim. It won’t do any good for you to catch her. She doesn’t know anything.

JIM: You talked to her?

BLAIR: Of course I did. We were alone in a car, I couldn’t get out. What was I supposed to do, sit in stony silence until she let me go? Or would you have me jump out of a moving vehicle just so I would have no interaction with the bad guys?

JIM: That’s not what I meant and you know it. What’s going on, Chief? Talk to me.

BLAIR: She said she was just the getaway driver. She had never met Hudson before this job, she didn’t like him. She almost never showed up. But then Hudson would just have found someone else, and I would be dead now.

JIM: Is that why you are protecting her, chief? Because you think she saved you?

BLAIR: Come on, Jim. You know as well as I do, if Hudson had got in the car he would have killed me as soon as he didn’t need a hostage anymore.

JIM: Yeah. I know that, buddy. And damn if I’m not glad that you’re alive. But this girl is a criminal; you’re not doing anyone any favors by protecting her. Wait, I hear Simon coming back.

SIMON: Jim, can I speak to you outside?

Jim: Sure, captain. What’s wrong?

SIMON: It’s Hudson; he escaped custody a few minutes ago. He got past security and he went out the back. I don’t think he got far . . . .

JIM: I’m on it captain

SIMON: I suppose you heard that, Blair

BLAIR: Kinda hard not to when you leave the door open.

SIMON: You know if Jim doesn’t catch him, where do you think he is gonna go?

BLAIR: I don’t know who she is, I’ve told you. And from what she said to me in the car I don’t think Hudson knows much about her either.

SIMON: Sandburg!

BLAIR: Suzie. That is what she told me to call her, but don’t think for one second that its her real name. I don’t know what else to tell you.

JIM: Hudson got away sir. All available units are following, but it doesn’t look good.

SIMON: SHIT!


END