FIC: Conversations in interludes (Sentinel, gen)

Author: Selena

kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Fandom: Sentinel

Series: 4th in the conversations series

Archive: If you want

Summery: The gang are watching and waiting



Conversations In Interludes
By Selena


SUZIE: Blair, your friend is glaring at me again.

BLAIR: Cut it out, Jim. You’re making her nervous.

JIM: I don’t like this. I don’t think SHE should be here for this.

BLAIR: She is the only one who can identify the ringleaders, she needs to be here. And you need to leave her alone.

SIMON: Will you two keep it down? I’m trying to hear what’s going on in there.

JIM: They’re getting ready to move out.

SUZIE: How do you know that?

JIM: Shhhhh.

BLAIR: I see a car pulling up.

SUZIE: It’s Hudson, I recognize the plates.

BLAIR: When is he expecting you?

SUZIE: Tomorrow. I have to meet him at the Starbucks on 12th at two o’clock

SIMON: And we will be at the newsstand across the street.

JIM: I still don’t se why we have to go through with this charade, Simon. Why can’t we just have Suzie ident them here then go make the arrest.

SIMON: As clean cut as that would be, Detective. We don’t have any real proof that they have done anything wrong yet. Other than Suzie’s word, and I don’t think the DA will be happy with just that.

BLAIR: Hey, someone is coming out.

SUZIE: That’s Frank Davis. He used to run jobs for my Dad. Frank thought my Dad was stuck in the small time and he moved on to bigger more violent crimes.

BLAIR: And he’s the guy you think is heading up the robberies?

SUZIE: Yeah, but I won’t be able to tell you for sure until I meet with Hudson.

SIMON: Why hasn’t Hudson got out of his car yet?

JIM: Davis is getting in. Well we definitely know that those two are in it together.

SIMON: Ok, Jim I want you to go back to the station and run a check on this Davis character. I want to know everything he has done since puberty. Sandburg, you take Suzie home. And makes sure she stays there.

BLAIR: What are you going to do, Simon, er, Sir?

SIMON: That’s none of your business, Sandburg. I’m the Captain; I don’t have to DO anything!

BLAIR: Sorry I asked. You ready to head home Suzie?

JIM: Blair wait can I talk to you a minute?

BLAIR: What is it?

JIM: Be careful, when you are with her. Watch your back.

BLAIR: Jim how can you say that? I thought you trusted her.

JIM: I never said that I trusted her, Chief. I just said that she wasn’t lying. I monitored her vitals the whole time she gave her statement. She didn’t lie. But it’s not her I’m worried about. Just be careful, Ok.

BLAIR: Yes, Dad

JIM: Don’t get cute with me, Darwin.

BLAIR: You love it. Look, I promise I will be careful. I won’t get into trouble. I will come straight home, happy?

JIM: Ecstatic.

BLAIR: Ok Suzie lets go.

SIMON: Remember we will meet you at the corner of 5th and 12th at one and go over the plan before your meet with Hudson.

SUZIE: Got it.

BLAIR: Are you really sure you want to do this, you don’t have to. We can find another way to catch him.

SUZIE: No, I got it, I can do this. I want to do this. Now take me home, I have a feeling I am going to need as much beauty sleep as I can get.


END